Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

I thought Abigail looked beautiful today (dodges tomatoes). 

I did, too. I actually love Abigail's wardrobe most of the time and I think KM is striking. Abigail sucks almost completely as a character though lol.

I wonder if SN regrets coming back in this context - -I read somewhere that he didn't find out what the plot would be until he was already inside. 

I was feeling bad for him but he of all people should know how RC operates so if he didn't get the full story before he signed on then that's on him. Of course RC could have lied to him but still he should have expected that lol.

• Love 7

I was wondering about SN too and how he really feels about this. I know many of these actors can't be choosy because at the end of the day you need to pay your bills, but geesh! I was watching this "Hope" and "Steve" trash and just keep wondering how these two actors who have been on DAYS for like 35 years are being handed this nonsense. Oh wait I know - a total hack is the head writer.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I thought Abigail looked beautiful today (dodges tomatoes). 

I was thinking the same thing - been one long while since I've felt kindly in any fashion towards KM's version of Abigail.  But to be honest, she's bugging me much less these days, much less.  Kristen and Lani and Ciara, especially, have all overtaken her in the most annoying character department.

Chad's bugging me more.  I've always been a Billy Flynn fan but I don't remember his Chad being so arrogant before.

• Love 13

And in complete agreement with you, too, @boes -- although I give Chad a little more room for error because I've liked him so very much. He doesn't have a lot else to work with right now, I guess, when most of his scenes are with Gabi or Kristen. I just loved him when he was loving Abigail from afar (sort of) and fighting off the Necktie Killer accusations. But yes, show, give the guy something more to do that doesn't involve breaking up with Abs. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I can't wrap my head around the Jack and Steve scenes. They're written without much context about how these two would have a conversation like this. Jack loved his brother when Steve died.  They were in a good place.  And that's the last I think we know of them interacting as two people with an established relationship.  The last time they were on screen together, Jack was bringing Steve back to town after finding him alive--but Steve had amnesia.  He hadn't recovered his memory when Jack and Jennifer went to London.

This antipathy would make sense 30 years ago, right after Jack raped Kayla.  It doesn't make sense now.  Stevano can be explained away as not understanding their dynamic but Steve's viciousness should be red flaggy for Jack.  (And Kayla).

So the best part of the episode for me was when Jack spoke with Jennifer about how weird it was that Steve said he had three kids with Kayla.  (But seriously, Stevano remembered all of those details about Steve's life but forgot how many kids he had? )

It'd make me happy if Jack and Jennifer dig a little deeper considering all the weirdness they've experience with Rolf but my guess is that's unlikely to happen because the show will likely drag out Stevano and Princess Gina for as long as it can only for it to wrap up in two days.  Everything will return to normal.

Jack is furious that Steve didn't come to Adrienne's funeral.

• Love 9

"I'm here because of your father, Stefano Di Mera."  Gee, thanks, on explaining to Kristen who her father is.

Geez, this guy just came out of surgery after a stroke, and these people are arguing in his hospital room.

John really has no brain.

Last time somebody was told "I am your father," they lost an arm.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

And in complete agreement with you, too, @boes -- although I give Chad a little more room for error because I've liked him so very much. He doesn't have a lot else to work with right now, I guess, when most of his scenes are with Gabi or Kristen. I just loved him when he was loving Abigail from afar (sort of) and fighting off the Necktie Killer accusations. But yes, show, give the guy something more to do that doesn't involve breaking up with Abs. 

This is the problem with couple centric writing only one half of the pairing seems to matter storywise and the other half doesn't have much else going for them beyond it. Then if one of them leaves the other is left to fend for themselves.

Abby could easily exist without Chad I can't say the same for him and it shouldn't be that way either.  Although at least this time around he actually has more to do than hold Abby's hand. That hasn't happened since Griffith was writing because he spent time with Theo, pining over Abby etc

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jack is furious that Steve didn't come to Adrienne's funeral.

I understand that's what they're writing as his motivation.  What I'm saying is that, while not showing up to his sister's funeral is bad, given where they left off, I'm having a hard time buying high alert anger! as Jack's default attitude over confusion, questioning, concern...etc.  Or that he'd find Steve's harsh anger as normal.  (Again, ditto with Kayla). 

• Love 3

Kristen, I am your father! The Force is not really with either of them. They're not even on the Dark Side - more the crazy side. Someone needs to be the Padowan. It is kinda skeezy that Daddy looks old enough to date his daughter.

Way to go, everyone, ganging up on Victor, who has just come out of surgery.

Ben, do not listen to daddy dearest. It should have been Justin talking to him instead of Ciara.

The Salem Brain cells are finding their way to Marlena and Kayla - Hope seems different and Steve seems not like himself. HoGina, yeah, contaminate the 'evidence'. Someone will eventually find the right files and have the DNA point to Steve Johnson.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, boes said:

I was thinking the same thing - been one long while since I've felt kindly in any fashion towards KM's version of Abigail.  But to be honest, she's bugging me much less these days, much less.  Kristen and Lani and Ciara, especially, have all overtaken her in the most annoying character department.

Chad's bugging me more.  I've always been a Billy Flynn fan but I don't remember his Chad being so arrogant before.

+1 to all of this.

Although, I do really enjoy Chad/Gabi scenes. They have great 'antagonistic but we kinda wanna fuck' chemistry imo. Maybe even more so than BB and CB did initially imo.

• Love 4

It's a shame that the writers can't  find anything else to write for Ben other than to make him look like some kind of victim.  All I could think about was when he was sitting there trying to squeeze a few tears out , now you know how your INNOCENCE victims felt when you took their lives. He looked completely ridiculous sitting there whinning for his life when his victims are dead. No words for Ciara.

Can we please get more Jack/Steve scenes. I could watch these two all day, minus that horrible Stevano mess.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Sidney said:

It's a shame that the writers can't  find anything else to write for Ben other than to make him look like some kind of victim.  All I could think about was when he was sitting there trying to squeeze a few tears out , now you know how your INNOCENCE victims felt when you took their lives. He looked completely ridiculous sitting there whinning for his life when his victims are dead. No words for Ciara

When Ben was sitting there with the pity party we were supposed to feel sympathy for all I kept thinking of was Paige's horribly brutal murder and Ben beating Chad so badly he put him into a coma. Nope no sympathy for him or his annoying, clueless girlfriend.

• Love 19
On 1/9/2020 at 11:28 PM, Irlandesa said:

They're written without much context about how these two would have a conversation like this. Jack loved his brother when Steve died. 

I'm convinced these writers think context is for nerds. There may even be a poster to that effect in the writers' room. I was really hoping Jack would put it together -- at least enough to be suspicious. Jack, Jack, Jack...

The whole town just needs to stop engaging with you-know-who. Don't look at her, don't talk to her; just avoid her altogether. Freeze her out! Everyone basically agrees she's mad as pants but also boring. How hard could it possibly be to institute a town-wide "Do Not Feed The Troll" policy? Done! That her presence is even minimally tolerated at this point is nowhere near believable anymore, even given this show's wretched dependence on contrivance.

For Will to sacrifice his marriage to Sonny in order not to stand in the way of Sonny's happiness is also contrived -- and idiotic, especially because the situation derives from Adrienne's accidental death (surely "death"?) -- but it's old-school soap, short-sighted "noble," self-sacrificing behavior. Ridiculous, yes, but classic soap flavour.  

Edited by Sandman
2020: The Year of Punctuation
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I think Gabi is just hell on wheels and could have that kind of chem with a tree trunk, lol. Camilla has come so far, she's really a force to be reckoned with. 

Well, it would be nice to see the character have some scenes with her daughter talking about how she's missing her daddy and wants to see him, instead of watching her running around flaring her nostrils plotting and scheming like some little mean girl with skin tight clothes on all the time.

What about having some emotional, compelling scenes with Will talking about their daughter, instead of watching this contrived nonsense between Will and Ben trying to build up some sexual chemistry that's turning viewers off. What about Sonny having a convo with Arianna's mother, instead of some someone the viewers care nothing about. Viewers want to see the emotional stuff sometimes that pull at your heartstrings. Like the Deveraux family being there for JJ when they found about his drug problem,  or when Julie was telling little Thomas how he got his name.

We all want drama and conflicts to move stories, but there has to be a balance to keep viewers engaged.

Edited by Sidney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Well, it would be nice to see the character have some scenes with her daughter talking about how she's missing her daddy and wants to see him, instead of watching her running around flaring her nostrils plotting and scheming like some little mean girl with skin tight clothes on all the time.

What about having some emotional, compelling scenes with Will talking about their daughter, instead of watching this contrived nonsense between Will and Ben trying to build up some sexual chemistry that's turning viewers off. What about Sonny having a convo with Arianna's mother, instead of some someone the viewers care nothing about. Viewers want to see the emotional stuff sometimes that pull at your heartstrings. Like the Deveraux family being there for JJ when they found about his drug problem,  or when Julie was telling little Thomas how he got his name.

We all want drama and conflicts to move stories, but there has to be a balance to keep viewers engaged.

That's too character driven for this show and would make Gabi seem less one note and we can't have that.

Although except the JJ part this is all preferable than the current storyline Gabi is in. On paper I wouldn't mind her messing with Elani but the execution is terrible as usual.

What they should've done is had Brady/Gabi pretend to be lovers instead of Brady/Nicole to throw off Kristen. This would tie into Kristen vs Gabi over Dimera and Brady plus it would be funny to see how Sonny, Xander etc would react to this. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sidney said:

It's a shame that the writers can't  find anything else to write for Ben other than to make him look like some kind of victim.  All I could think about was when he was sitting there trying to squeeze a few tears out , now you know how your INNOCENCE victims felt when you took their lives. He looked completely ridiculous sitting there whinning for his life when his victims are dead. No words for Ciara.

Can we please get more Jack/Steve scenes. I could watch these two all day, minus that horrible Stevano mess.

2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

When Ben was sitting there with the pity party we were supposed to feel sympathy for all I kept thinking of was Paige's horribly brutal murder and Ben beating Chad so badly he put him into a coma. Nope no sympathy for him or his annoying, clueless girlfriend.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't care how irrelevant people find Ben's victims I still don't like him and the show isn't going to get me to change my mind. 

Hard to believe I used to like him before they tried to redeem him.

Yes, Yes Yes and YES!

Great posts.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

What they should've done is had Brady/Gabi pretend to be lovers instead of Brady/Nicole to throw off Kristen. This would tie into Kristen vs Gabi over Dimera and Brady plus it would be funny to see how Sonny, Xander etc would react to this. 

I love this idea. I thought Brady and Gabi had great chem back when he had the idea for her to seduce Stefan. Ugh, there is so much potential with this show and they always squander it lol. Sigh.

• Love 10

This whole Steve-ano garbage was simply not necessary. As iv stated before, steve's exit should nOt have been over Stefan and his spy eye nonsense. It would have been better if Steve and Kayla received horrible news that Joey was killed in jail and that Angelo and Eddie Vitale were behind it because they wanted to avenge Ava . I still have a hard time believing that Joey could murder a mafia princess with no repercussions for his actions. Steve's exit could have been all about him leaving salem to get revenge on the Vitales rambo style . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 7

So fed up with Brady and Kristen. Matter fact ,Im fed up With Brady Period !!! 

his love life is so exhausting to watch .

If I was Writing the time jump i would let Brady have his own tv show which would be a cheaper version Of The batchelor where " lucky "Women compeTe  with each other to see who gets to claim  Brady as the Prize.

But knowing Brady ,he would bed them all and declare all of them winners and he will take it further and dEclare they are the loves of his life. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

his love life is so exhausting to watch .

This is all I've ever known about Bonehead Black.

I get that people might have wanted to see Steve again, but surely not as Steven "Chip" Johnson, a pirated (whoo, "pirate," geddit?) copy of generic Dimera software, more FireFox than Phoenix 2.0? And was anybody really anxious to see the return of Gina Chipollina, Digital Princess of <parameter undefined>? (Not so fast, Ken.)

Even the people I used to like are exhausting me.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I get that people might have wanted to see Steve again, but surely not as Steven "Chip" Johnson, a pirated (whoo, "pirate," geddit?) copy of generic Dimera software, more FireFox than Phoenix 2.0? And was anybody really anxious to see the return of Gina Chipollina, Digital Princess of <parameter undefined>? (Not so fast, Ken.)

I KNOW today was supposed to be some dramatic reunion between Kristen and "Stefano" but, boy did those scenes fall flat.  Nope, this is going nowhere. 

And what's with Abigail, of all people, suddenly becoming the crusading reporter, out to right the wrongs in Salem?  She has no problem with the fact that she unjustly sent Gabi to prison but is somehow COMMITTED to freeing ALL the wrongfully committed prisoners currently serving time.

I now want the "never before seen in daytime" twist to be a double time-jump.  It is now a year later, Kristen is gone for good, "Stefano" and "Gina" have both been permanently erased, Will has been released from prison, Ben has also been released and he and Ciara have moved to an ashram in Tibet, Eric has either gotten a personality transplant or left for good (if he and Nicole are back together - not saying I want it - but if so, it happened WITHOUT copious weeping on the part of Nicole) and Sarah no longer has the dead weight of Eric attached to her.  Oh, and I want Claire back and Abigail permanently shipped off the Happy Dale.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

This Chabby conversation was really boring.

Are we supposed to believe that Kristen thinks that Steve Johnson is old enough to be her biological father?

I thought she was sort of mocking the idea as in. "Really Steve, your going to pretend to be my bio-dad".  Also I'm sure Kristen may not have strong memories of her bio dad, but she wasn't a baby when she went to live with Stefano and Celeste. I think she knows her bio dad wasn't a 10yr old Steve. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Does she, though? Consider who it is we're talking about here.

Unless they are retconning Kristen's memories she knows who her bio father is. She may not have many memories of him but she has always known who he is and was aware of his death.

• Love 1

Stefano had an awful lot of children - ones he never knew he had. NewSteffy is old enough to be his daughter's boyfriend/spouse.  The parent/child dynamic is a tough sell. Both actors were trying but I also shared Kristen's disbelief.

What is Hattie's purpose? Stay for a few weeks, save some money and then go to Chicago or something?

Since when is Abigail an intrepid reporter - looking for facts and such?

At least Vic and Xander owned up to what they did. Hopefully Ciara will work to get Will free. And Ben, you probably shouldn't be listening to your dad's escape plans.

• Love 4

I still lurk on the DR site, and came across some BTS writing tidbits the other day.  Ron may not be the best writer, but the interference he has had to deal with is insane!  You can read about it here:  https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/social-media-for-the-week-of-1-6-t41658-s60.html  - scroll down to post # 73.

NOTE:  there's nothing spoilery in that specific post, but DR allows spoilers everywhere, so beware if you scroll any further in that thread.

8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

What is Hattie's purpose? Stay for a few weeks, save some money and then go to Chicago or something?

I don't know the purpose of bringing her back on the show, but character Hattie's purpose, or goal, is to get Roman to fall in love with her. 

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Why did they write Victor as having a stroke?  Why not a mild heart attack if they want him recovering as quickly as he has.

I did kind of like the reveal, though

Guessing you're spoiler-free?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I still lurk on the DR site, and came across some BTS writing tidbits the other day.  Ron may not be the best writer, but the interference he has had to deal with is insane!  You can read about it here:  https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/social-media-for-the-week-of-1-6-t41658-s60.html  - scroll down to post # 73.

NOTE:  there's nothing spoilery in that specific post, but DR allows spoilers everywhere, so beware if you scroll any further in that thread.

So cool to have it confirmed that one of the EPs (who is on set everyday and also directs episodes) is holding back the LGBTQ characters in more ways than one. Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool. 😑😞

• Love 3
19 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Unless they are retconning Kristen's memories she knows who her bio father is. She may not have many memories of him but she has always known who he is and was aware of his death.

I was joking, mostly. Her behaviour certainly suggests she is both batshit crazy and, well, not that bright. I don't actually think there will be any official retcon here -- but then again, I wouldn't put it past these jokers anyhow.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I was joking, mostly. Her behaviour certainly suggests she is both batshit crazy and, well, not that bright. I don't actually think there will be any official retcon here -- but then again, I wouldn't put it past these jokers anyhow.

Oh I knew you were joking, but like you mentioned I wouldn't put it past the writers to then have Kristen wonder if Steve was her birth father. 

One thing I did like was Kristen mentioning that she is the only living daughter. Nice little touch/reminder. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I had to laugh at Chad concerned about Ciara dating a killer when that's literally what he, Chad, is doing.

Didn't Chad himself accidentally kill his own mother?  I mean no one can throw stones in this town.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

Didn't Chad himself accidentally kill his own mother?  I mean no one can throw stones in this town.  

Chad didn't kill Madeline. She died after a fall down the stairs. Now she was probably distracted because of an argument she had with Chad, but it wasn't like they were struggling with one another. 

But yes, I agree that all the charm Chad used to have is all gone. 

• Love 3

I'm sure the EP is interfering but it doesn't explain the things we see on this show that we've seen with Ron on other soaps that were terrible(DID, crazy women, women who are helpless etc) I mean they're both at fault here I blame the EP more because some things stay the same regardless of writer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

Chad has become so smug and arrogant. The only person he seems to be soft and caring towards is Abigail. What's happened to him?

Agreed!!! Not only that, but he’s super dull and almost always nagging or repeating himself. Shut up Bruh. 

True confession. I have always disliked Kristen but really warmed to her during her pregnancy and can’t deny she at least does stuff that’s interesting. I would prefer if they did have a crazy bitch on canvas, it would be Claire. Since I’m admitting newfound appreciation I’ve always been bored by Eli but damn if he isn’t sexy AF w Gabi and showing some grit. Since Jack’s been back I’ve also liked Jennifer and I hated her for years. 

I feel sorry for JJ for all everyone’s well meaning words and gestures I don’t feel like anyone is authentically “there for him”. If that makes sense. Even now in his recovery and processing of grief he’s supressing his self care to help Lani, who I actually think is a user and playing up her martyrdom. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel sorry for JJ for all everyone’s well meaning words and gestures I don’t feel like anyone is authentically “there for him”. If that makes sense. Even now in his recovery and processing of grief he’s supressing his self care to help Lani, who I actually think is a user and playing up her martyrdom. 

That's because there isn't anyone there authentically for him.

There was Doug but they rarely share scenes. .... 

I'd say Rory but he can't take care of himself let alone anyone else. 

Eric might've worked but alas he's all about Sarah/Nicole so...

• Love 1

He’s an addict and borderline suicidal. He still hasn’t processed it all or done the work and totally ignoring and throwing it aside to help stupid Lani. Abigail of course doesn’t give a damn. The writing is really shitty. All the people who are carrying the heaviest burdens are caping for others. And all the people with stupid ass trivial problems that often they create or exaggerate are those with the sympathy. 

Like Ben. The entire focus is he’s wrongfully convicted. But he was never convicted for a bunch of horrible felonies. Why would I feel sorry karma vistited in a round a bout way? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d2e16c1f03333e19fd

hes honestly lucky Eve didn’t discretely arrange to have him killed. It always reminds me of the man who killed his gf in front of her kids and skated on a technicality as innocent. Months later, this Halloween a person in a clown mask and costume walked up and shot him in the head and no useable witnesses or evidence cuz of the mask, gloves, clown shoes and dude never saw that shit coming. 

• Love 9

Wouldn't Abigail have a slightly better relationship with Uncle Steve? Why just drop in at Kristen's hotel room? No one calls to for a visit?

Jack, you did a smart thing by editing Jennifer's 'story'. No, you do not have proof that the person who pushed her off was Dr. Rolf. She could still be a target.

Lani, you are a cop. Surely you could investigate the company that made Julie's pacemaker to see if there is a real App that can actually do anything. It really could be like a garage door opener that has found a frequency that is identical to the programmed one. Up goes someone's door. Why ask JJ, who has his own problems? Surely you can do this on your own or ask your dad for help. JJ, you should be a bit selfish and just pay attention to yourself and your recovery right now. Not help the helpless not nun.

Gabs, nice outfit but it is more for summer. You'd get frostbite on your midriff if you lived where I am living. Eli, you should not let your grandma pressure you in to marriage.

• Love 5
On 1/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, Sidney said:

No words for Ciara.

I have a word for her. Loud mouthed annoying harpy. Okay, more than one word. I just don't like that girl. I wouldn't like the way she acts, even if the guy she was defending was a good guy. It's just OTT annoying.

I want that dress Kristen is wearing. Anyone know of a site that sells daytime knock off clothes ? I would so wear that dress and those boots.

So okay, I'm so lost on the Will/Adrienne thing. Obviously, the audience is supposed to be, but I just wonder if it's not one of those things yet that even Ron doesn't know what happened ? Why would Victor let Will think he'd killed Adrienne, and why would Will think it ? I'm so confused.

• Love 7