Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Spoiler

I thought today's show was pretty good, within the constraints of the current storylines.  I really enjoyed all of Adrienne's scenes in the car with Sarah as well as Justin and Sonny's scenes.  The flashbacks were all terrific.

Kristen in pain moves me not one tiny bit.  I thought a pillow over her face would have been an effective way to handle her.

Oh yeah, Brady, you're an idiot.

Haley, haven't missed you one iota.

Xander did good today.  

Maggie seemed to get pretty tanked on what I thought was an almost empty bottle of booze, if that's the same one that Summer left behind.

I spoilered my comments on today's show just in case some of you haven't managed to see it yet.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

@Silver Raven, Will didn't seem to have a job before the time jump. Maybe he did, and I didn't remember it. I have gaps where I don't pay attention to show stuff!

No airbags in any of the vehicles involved in the accident? Can't imagine that the rich folks in Salem would not have modern cars. Would the damage to Will's car be traced to Adrienne's in terms of impact and such? No one would be wondering why the damage might be a little off?

Where did Maggie get the booze from? Summer? Her estranged daughter shows up and that drives her over the edge?

Xander really stepped up today - except for the finding Maggie part. Someone is going to have to hire a tow truck for that car and hide the evidence.

Haven't missed Haley. JJ seemed more chipper.

The Adrienne/Sarah scenes were nice.

Brady could have just disappeared for a bit and left Kristen alone. No mention of any pain management, epidurals or anything? And again, Kayla is the doctor? How much staff does the hospital have?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Where did Maggie get the booze from? Summer? Her estranged daughter shows up and that drives her over the edge?

Summer showed up to tell Maggie that she, Summer, has cirrhosis of the liver because she's an alcoholic who inherited it from Maggie, and she's going to die in three to six months.  She pulled a bottle out of her bag, took a sip, and left the drink on Maggie's side table. Then left.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Summer showed up to tell Maggie that she, Summer, has cirrhosis of the liver because she's an alcoholic who inherited it from Maggie, and she's going to die in three to six months.  She pulled a bottle out of her bag, took a sip, and left the drink on Maggie's side table. Then left.

Thanks. I thought Maggie just raided Victor's hidden secret stash.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't understand Summer at all, she chose to drink alcohol and ruined her own life.  How is it Maggie's fault?  This was beyond her control. So does Maggie get to turn around and blame her parents or whatever ancestor that she inherited the alcohol gene from?   Summer is a vile character and her issue with Maggie makes no sense.  Ron is obviously setting her up to be the fall guy at some point for his dumb plots and he needed her to be disgusting and hateful..

The Justin/Adrienne flashbacks were awesome. The best part of the show and it is too bad Ron cannot write for Judy who is a great actress. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Summer showed up to tell Maggie that she, Summer, has cirrhosis of the liver because she's an alcoholic who inherited it from Maggie, and she's going to die in three to six months. 

Summer actually looks healthier than she did the first time round.  They couldn't have made her look a little sickly?  Like she looked the entire time on her original storyline.  No, she looks like she just left some post-WWII dance club, with her healthy bob, and her boobs all nicely propped.  She looks very healthy.

What kind of a fuck sick of a daughter is Summer anyways?  She has cirrhosis and she is going to die in six months.  And her thing she wants to do is push her mother into drinking.  I am sorry, but what  a fucking sick c**t.

• Love 11

How gorgeous were JE/Adrienne and WK/Justin in those flashbacks? 😩 all the old clips of Jack and Jenn, Patch and Kayla, Adrienne and Justin... ugh such natural beauty and charisma. 

Spec not spoiler that Summer is the unbeknownst 4th driver on the road and drunkenly hit/ran off Adrienne and Sarah. It seems like a Ron-esque twist that will allow Maggie to skate. 

Sad episode.

it really seems like overkill and bad writing that not only did Mickey get kidnapped when less than a year old, but cancer the next day after being returned, and the result of a paternity lie, and born on the side of the road in multi car crash 

Spoiler

And switched at birth possibly

Mickey’s has more happen to her as a baby then many adults. At this rate she’ll have a drug/drinking problem by kindergarten and return from the death or   lookalike dual role or DID alter as soon as she can speak complete sentences.  

Xander’s a decent man. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2929dd54f35de12e1d23

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I feel disjointed and out of sync being one day behind. I didn't even watch Monday's show. But I have to say I've been enjoying these time jump catchup scenes a lot more than the regular show.

My overall question after watching Tuesday's episode, though, is - since when is the Kiriakis mansion so far away from the action? You'd think they were in a different county - how on earth could it take so long  to drive to town, and through poorly lit highways? I happened to notice recently the view outside a window in the hospital looked out over a city, not someplace in the middle of nowhere. I know, I know, poetic license for the sake of the story. Spare me. 

Not looking forward to the baby's death or watching Brady and Kristen grieve in the immediate aftermath. Ron, sometimes I hate you. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, bannana said:

Summer actually looks healthier than she did the first time round.  They couldn't have made her look a little sickly?  Like she looked the entire time on her original storyline.  No, she looks like she just left some post-WWII dance club, with her healthy bob, and her boobs all nicely propped.  She looks very healthy.

What kind of a fuck sick of a daughter is Summer anyways?  She has cirrhosis and she is going to die in six months.  And her thing she wants to do is push her mother into drinking.  I am sorry, but what  a fucking sick c**t.

Did they have to bring this garbage retcon back ? Like seriously 

And conveniently ,she returns as a probable fullblown psycho.

WHy dOes Carlivati love psychos and evil characters so much?

On 1/23/2020 at 6:34 AM, Pearson80 said:

Summer is a vile character and her issue with Maggie makes no sense. 

Her Existence makes no sense either. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

My overall question after watching Tuesday's episode, though, is - since when is the Kiriakis mansion so far away from the action?

Well, Pop-Up Victor is clearly still living in the 1950s; it probably takes a while to re-enter the 21st century. Maybe there's a gravity well in town as well as a wormhole.

Ron loves him some psychos and evildoers because they're vastly easier to write than actual people. AND THEY CAN NEVER EVER BE KILLED OFF.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

My God! I feel like I punched in the face from the way I was crying along with Sonny and Justin. Hell I felt like I lost an old friend. FS is sometimes hit or miss for me but lord I felt that pain today. "She looks like she's sleeping" 😭

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

How gorgeous were JE/Adrienne and WK/Justin in those flashbacks? 😩 all the old clips of Jack and Jenn, Patch and Kayla, Adrienne and Justin... ugh such natural beauty and charisma. 

Spec not spoiler that Summer is the unbeknownst 4th driver on the road and drunkenly hit/ran off Adrienne and Sarah. It seems like a Ron-esque twist that will allow Maggie to skate. 

Sad episode.

it really seems like overkill and bad writing that not only did Mickey get kidnapped when less than a year old, but cancer the next day after being returned, and the result of a paternity lie, and born on the side of the road in multi car crash 

Reveal spoiler

And switched at birth possibly

Mickey’s has more happen to her as a baby then many adults. At this rate she’ll have a drug/drinking problem by kindergarten and return from the death or   lookalike dual role or DID alter as soon as she can speak complete sentences.  

Xander’s a decent man. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2929dd54f35de12e1d23

Summer being a 4th driver is pretty good speculation. She hated her mother and she hated that her mother had another preferred daughter.

• Love 8

Well, I feel dis-jointed being a day behind....but the show I saw On Demand was So Sad & made me cry!  Everybody dying!   Oh My!  Justin broke my heart...good job from Wally Kurth.  And I loved the smile between Sarah & Xander.   And the flashbacks to early Justin & Adrienne were wonderful!  I always loved them as a couple, and Judy always made Adrienne such a vulnerable character.   I don't know how much sadness I can take.  

• Love 4

I love how Sarah's cell phone apparently has a dial tone.

Adrienne's death would have been more dramatic if we didn't already know it happened.

There was sure a lot going on at the hospital that night.

Victor swapping his grandson's daughter for his wife's granddaughter seems pretty much like not caring about family.

I hope we get some juicy scenes of Kristin going after Xander and Victor when the truth comes out.

It should not have been the responsibility of Haley to tell Kristen the news.  That doctor was irresponsible.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't understand Summer at all, she chose to drink alcohol and ruined her own life.  How is it Maggie's fault?  This was beyond her control. So does Maggie get to turn around and blame her parents or whatever ancestor that she inherited the alcohol gene from?   Summer is a vile character and her issue with Maggie makes no sense.  Ron is obviously setting her up to be the fall guy at some point for his dumb plots and he needed her to be disgusting and hateful..

The Justin/Adrienne flashbacks were awesome. The best part of the show and it is too bad Ron cannot write for Judy who is a great actress. 

I think its pretty obvious Summer is behind this when all is said and done. Her return isn't a coincidence.  I think she looks a lot better now than she did a few years ago.

Ron can't write for anyone but the real answer here is he has no interest in writing for Adrienne he has no issue writing for Judy as Bonnie though no matter how awful she is..

• Love 5

It wasn't till I saw the flashbacks of Justin and Adrienne that I realized I'm mad about Ron killing Adrienne. 

I know they aren't contract actors, but it seems mean to kill off a character with such a long history.  I remember when Adrienne and Justin fell in love. They weren't one of my favourite super couples, but I did love their romance. 

I know it people die in real life all the time, but seeing the flashbacks made me sad.  Maybe it's because I read the interview with her 

Spoiler

EOfjJVvX0AAuMTv.jpg

(it's the interview behind the spoiler, and don't think there are any actual spoilers, but didn't want to take any chances) coupled with the fact that her real life son just died in December, and it seems too sad. 😢

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

I hadn't even bothered to check my DVR'd episodes before today because I assumed they were all pre-empted, but lo and behold, apparently here in the Atlanta area, they aired DAYS as usual and aired the impeachment hearings on sister networks. I've just got caught up, and holy hell. Victor, what have you done? TWO cover-ups in one night?

First, though, how in the world did Maggie get SO drunk SO quickly? Adrienne and Sarah were long gone by the time Summer left the mansion. I know they got a flat tire, but that's 20 minutes at most. And how is it that Maggie was coming from the opposite direction that Sarah and Adrienne were going? I could maybe buy that Will was coming from the other direction and he did swerve into Adrienne's way, but he avoided her, meanwhile Maggie was speeding up BEHIND Adrienne, didn't stop in time, and ran into Adrienne's car, but that's not how it's being played, so I'm confused how Maggie could have gotten ahead.

Second...how the hell are they pulling this baby switch off? Perhaps we'll find out tomorrow, but the doctor clearly knows that it was Sarah's baby who didn't make it, not Kristen's. But Haley was acting like the doctor was about to come in and tell Kristen it was her baby who died. Did Victor pay off the doctor? Did he have Xander kill her?? Ugh, still a lot of questions here.

Also, I wish Kristen had been a little more hysterically aggressive throwing Haley down those stairs. As it was, it looked like she barely touched her.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

My God! I feel like I punched in the face from the way I was crying along with Sonny and Justin. Hell I felt like I lost an old friend. FS is sometimes hit or miss for me but lord I felt that pain today. "She looks like she's sleeping" 😭

Well maybe she is. Kayla has been real quick to declare someone dead/brain dead in order to harvest their organs. If we didn't know better, I would say Kayla is an evil mastermind running a black market organ ring.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

So many tears today.  That was on sad episode.  
   Poor Sonny.  Poor Will.  Will just looked in shock.  JJ was so calm and comforting.  He was strong, supportive and not at all judgmental.  
  Kristins story is confusing.  She said in present day she never held her baby. Then they showed her holding her baby. No that was a fantasy.  Then once again we see her holding her baby.  

• Love 6

Where do I begin???  This storyline is just evil.  Poor Sarah, poor Kristen, poor Brady and yes, poor Xander.  Xander was on the road to rehabilitation and evil Victor just dragged him into Hell.  And Victor, who the hell are you to play God?  Now Xander is also to blame but it wasn’t he who hatched either evil plot.  Of course Victor will get off scott free.  Somehow.  Xander is the fall guy ultimately.

ITA, Maggie should have been behind Adrienne, perhaps’s Summer will be to blame.  It’s all fishy.

Im faintly certain the doctor was paid off.  Haley wouldn’t take the ‘Baby Black died’ news from Xander.  The doctor had to help falsify the paperwork.  And honestly, I would have thought the family would have done an autopsy on the unexpectedly dead Baby Brady. And Baby Horton being full term and healthy should have been a surprise.

I actually like Haley.  Sorry to see her die. JJ was great.

As for Adrienne, that was a bad sendoff IMO for an actress who clearly had been with the show for decades.  The flashbacks made me mad she died.  Justin’s mullet in the flashback was hilarious.

Wally, however, did a great job with the grief scenes.  Freddy not so much.  I think Freddy was truly crying versus stage-crying and it took me out of the scene.  In real life, crying is that ugly so I feel bad for Freddy’s pain, buy he needed to dial it back in the scene IMO.  Chandler. OTOH, did well with his horror/grief.  

Finally, for anyone whose had a baby recently, even in the most rural hospitals in the US, Kristen’s baby would not have left her side without an ID bracelet.  In modern hospitals they’re electronic.  

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Will didn't seem to have a job before the time jump. Maybe he did, and I didn't remember

Will has been "working for the Spectator" since his return from the dead (99% offscreen). He supposedly wrote a piece about Rolfe's serum and how it saved him (suuuuure he did 🙄) and has since been a...staff writer? It isn't clear. Ron thinks amnesiacs can have jobs in journalism and politics after rising from the grave.

All I know is this week is the first time we've seen Will's work cubicle.

1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

Second...how the hell are they pulling this baby switch off? Perhaps we'll find out tomorrow, but the doctor clearly knows that it was Sarah's baby who didn't make it, not Kristen's. But Haley was acting like the doctor was about to come in and tell Kristen it was her baby who died. Did Victor pay off the doctor? Did he have Xander kill her?? Ugh, still a lot of questions here

THANK YOU. I thought I was blackout drunk the way they were trying to get us to buy how easily the switch was pulled off.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

35 minutes ago, SueB said:

Wally, however, did a great job with the grief scenes.  Freddy not so much.  I think Freddy was truly crying versus stage-crying and it took me out of the scene.  In real life, crying is that ugly so I feel bad for Freddy’s pain, buy he needed to dial it back in the scene IMO.

AND THANK YOU TOO! Freddie wasn't acting so much as just blubbering and it was too much. It was uncomfortable. I give him points for going all out, but it was like he was determined to give All! He! Had! and it was too much. Eileen is really good at finding that fine line. Remember her 2013 Emmy reel, where Kristen was devastated by Marlena ruining her engagement to Brady and she clearly showed that Kristen was bawling on the inside but holding it together enough to speak? I couldn't make out Sonny's lines near the end there....I think he got too lost in the moment. Guess it's better than him doing nothing though.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Kristins story is confusing.  She said in present day she never held her baby. Then they showed her holding her baby. No that was a fantasy.  Then once again we see her holding her baby.  

Good catch! I forgot about that. Continuity gaff. Come on, writers!

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Well maybe she is. Kayla has been real quick to declare someone dead/brain dead in order to harvest their organs. If we didn't know better, I would say Kayla is an evil mastermind running a black market organ ring.

Bahahaha! I'll bet Kate will be saying the same thing when Adrienne comes back...

....can Adrienne come back? Please? I feel so horribly for Judi.  She's really gifted. Paulina Forever!

This episode had THREE deaths in it! Brutal as hell. Is that a Days first?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Will has been "working for the Spectator" since his return from the dead (99% offscreen). He supposedly wrote a piece about Rolfe's serum and how it saved him (suuuuure he did 🙄) and has since been a...staff writer? It isn't clear. Ron thinks amnesiacs can have jobs in journalism and politics after rising from the grave.

All I know is this week is the first time we've seen Will's work cubicle.

THANK YOU. I thought I was blackout drunk the way they were trying to get us to buy how easily the switch was pulled off.

AND THANK YOU TOO! Freddie wasn't acting so much as just blubbering and it was too much. It was uncomfortable. I give him points for going all out, but it was like he was determined to give All! He! Had! and it was too much. Eileen is really good at finding that fine line. Remember her 2013 Emmy reel, where Kristen was devastated by Marlena ruining her engagement to Brady and she clearly showed that Kristen was bawling on the inside but holding it together enough to speak? I couldn't make out Sonny's lines near the end there....I think he got too lost in the moment. Guess it's better than him doing nothing though.

Good catch! I forgot about that. Continuity gaff. Come on, writers!

Bahahaha! I'll bet Kate will be saying the same thing when Adrienne comes back...

....can Adrienne come back? Please? I feel so horribly for Judi.  She's really gifted. Paulina Forever!

This episode had THREE deaths in it! Brutal as hell. Is that a Days first?

BETH RAINES FOREVER!!!   Actually, seeing those flashbacks makes me wonder (because she looked so young) how old was Judi when she was on Guiding Light?

• Love 3

@DisneyBoy, maybe never seeing Will actually 'working' had something to do with my apparent memory loss or me not caring.

Who paid the doctor off to allow the baby switch? Victor's bank account must have taken a hit. The doctor, replacing Maggie's car, etc.

Today's ep was sad. Like everyone above, Sonny's blubbering was a little too much. The flashback to the young mulletying Justin was cute.

If Will's car was grey and Sarah thought it was a black car, why no further investigation?

Haley is not a doctor, she has zero business telling Kristen that her baby died. And Kristen should not have sent her flying down the stairs.

• Love 3

I *just* understood that Xander has been saying he loves Kristen and Brady's baby for the last few months...and not Sarah and Eric's.

😶 Weird. I get that he's just coping with the cards he's been dealt....but that means he's grown attached to two kids this year, neither of which were his....and has pretended to be father to them both....

11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

If Will's car was grey and Sarah thought it was a black car, why no further investigation?

....I'm still wondering how police didn't see that Will's car made no impact and ended up off the road.

Hell, why does Will not realize there was no impact? Hitting an oncoming car feels very different from accidentally driving into a ditch....

I guess it's a good thing they don't have the budget to properly film this whole three car accident because even if they did I doubt it would make more sense...

Fun fact: Maggie is now worse than Eric. She's driven drunk and killed two people, Mickey and Adrienne. Wonder if Nicole will scream at her for six months about it?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Wally, however, did a great job with the grief scenes.  Freddy not so much.  I think Freddy was truly crying versus stage-crying and it took me out of the scene.  In real life, crying is that ugly so I feel bad for Freddy’s pain, buy he needed to dial it back in the scene IMO.  Chandler. OTOH, did well with his horror/grief.  

We all see things differently because I thought Freddy was excellent, he was blubbering like a baby, real tears and snot. It was raw grief and very uncomfortable to watch.. Wally never gives a false performance, he was just awesome..

Chandler has been the best thing with this time jump, he has been hitting it out of the park. He has been giving some great subtle acting.. I also think he is very handsome, he still looks very youthful to me.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

....I'm still wondering how police didn't see that Will's car made no impact and ended up off the road.

Hell, why does Will not realize there was no impact? Hitting an oncoming car feels very different from accidentally driving into a ditch....

I guess it's a good thing they don't have the budget to properly film this whole three car accident because even if they did I doubt it would make more sense...

Will is ready to confess at this point, so I'm guessing the even more incompetent than usual (thanks, Gina!) Salem PD doesn't even investigate the accident. Sarah describing a big black car vs. Will's gray sedan should have been enough to continue an investigation, but alas.

I legit thought Will was going to hurl at one point during today's episode, I just love how Chandler is playing Will's horror/grief/self-loathing/sorrow. Even if the story is a bit of a mess at the moment....

And I think the implication is that someone ran Adrienne's car off the road, where impact was made with......something. Trees, guardrail, you name it? His car was still on the road, unhit, only Maggie's ended up in the ditch.

I think there has to be more to what they've shown, because the logistics don't quite make sense. Was Maggie going in the opposite direction of Adrienne & Sarah because of how drunk she was, or is there going to be a 4th car introduced at some point? I get that Will more than likely wasn't the one to run Adrienne's car off the road, based on how long the headlights were on Adrienne & Sarah vs. Will (maybe a second before he veered hard to the left - which had he crossed into Adrienne's lane, would have impacted his car or ended him up in the ditch too), but they need to do a little more to make it clear that it was Maggie. Yeah, I CSI'd the shit out of this to try and make sense of it all and I'm still like 🤷‍♀️, lmao.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Fun fact: Maggie is now worse than Eric. She's driven drunk and killed two people, Mickey and Adrienne. Wonder if Nicole will scream at her for six months about it?

I hated Daniel as much as the next person but I'm not really sure why people had an issue with Nicole being mad at Eric for killing her fiance. Her reasons were legit and I never really understood why everyone had to tell her to forgive him I mean he did drive drunk. Last I checked that was a crime and also a totally irresponsible thing to do.

Course I always thought this should've been Lucas's storyline instead of Eric's to begin with I bet nobody would tell her to forgive Lucas so quickly.....

• Love 6
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I hated Daniel as much as the next person but I'm not really sure why people had an issue with Nicole being mad at Eric for killing her fiance. Her reasons were legit and I never really understood why everyone had to tell her to forgive him I mean he did drive drunk. Last I checked that was a crime and also a totally irresponsible thing to do.

Course I always thought this should've been Lucas's storyline instead of Eric's to begin with I bet nobody would tell her to forgive Lucas so quickly.....

I totally agree. It should have been his story.

Daniel stole Chloe ,Maggie and Victor From him.

Not to mention the fact that he went after his sister Jennifer And tried stealing her from Jack . Plus Nicole used to be Lucas's ex wife . 

And Daniel also got his groove on with Lucas's niece ,Chelsea and his mum ,Kate.

AnD then His brother Philip turned out not to be Parker's daddy and Ofcourse the writers let Daniel claim Parker as his prize. 

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We all see things differently because I thought Freddy was excellent, he was blubbering like a baby, real tears and snot. It was raw grief and very uncomfortable to watch.. Wally never gives a false performance, he was just awesome..

Chandler has been the best thing with this time jump, he has been hitting it out of the park. He has been giving some great subtle acting.. I also think he is very handsome, he still looks very youthful to me.

ToO bad we didnt get to see Adrienne's other sons mourning her death .

I wonder if her step siblings, Brian ,Tanner and Cassie Scofield cAme to the funeral. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Totally agree.  I thought Freddie was excellent.  It was hard for me to watch those scenes because I was having my own flashbacks.

Freddie gets criticized a lot.  I’ve seen comments saying that he’s “checked out” or whatever.  Then, when he decides to go all out with the blubbering and the snot, you have comments saying it’s too much.  He just can’t win.

• Love 10

How is it possible that Maggie doesn't realize that she was drunk and drove?

I haven't seen today's ep (not yet up on On Demand).  I get that she blacked out, but she must have some idea of what happened.  Also, has she not noticed her car is missing (presumably in the shop for repair)?

It's odd that she has no partial memories, or questions about that night, or even thoughts about her c**t daughter Summer.  I agree with @Petunia13's speculation that it was probably Summer who caused the accident.  But even so, Maggie should have some doubts and be wondering what happened that night.

• Love 5

I liked it but there are a lot of mysteries going on one being do either of these women not recognize their own babies for Gods sake’s ?!Sarah is just going to get this new baby back and not realize it’s a completely different baby ?Do all newborns look identical? Never had one myself just but seems crazy. 

• Love 6

I was once in car accident.  The other car run me off road.   Lost control hit a high curb.   Car flew up in the air.  A sign saying how far the next town was smack my windshield.  My airbags never went off.  
Sarah did say it was dark.   Grey vs black car could easily be explained away. 
  Wasn’t Brady Kristin baby a lot bigger ?  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1

Well, that was awful.

13 hours ago, SueB said:

Where do I begin???  This storyline is just evil.  Poor Sarah, poor Kristen, poor Brady and yes, poor Xander.  Xander was on the road to rehabilitation and evil Victor just dragged him into Hell.  And Victor, who the hell are you to play God?

That seems like as good a place to start as any. The whole plot is just plain evil. Not only do Xander and Victor try to "protect" Maggie by sending a man they know to be innocent to jail, they're messing with how many people's lives just to pretend Maggie's not responsible -- and they can't possibly keep it all a secret forever. Victor must have a very low opinion of Maggie after all. It's all so short-sighted and stupid. And so much for Xander's reform -- as well as for his bond with Sarah's baby, if he's more or less fine with just exchanging the two infants. 

I thought Freddie's Smith's ugly-crying was not stage crying, really, but over-the-top somehow. Not fake, but a little self-restraint would have worked better, I think. Will actually did look like he was about to throw up the whole time. All in all, it was a contrived sendoff (including the Mother's Day hail of anvils) for a pro like Evans, who was treated very cheaply, it seems. (Holy 80s shoulder pads, Batman!, on the flashbacks. Dimples McMullet and Baby Adrienne were pretty darned cute, though.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

I didn’t mind Sonny’s crying. Sometimes in grief people get hysterical even especially in an unexpected death. Also it’s not like this show has a set acting coach. I felt like some of Jack’s crying scenes have been off. I shudder to think how some of the other actors would play that material. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I liked it but there are a lot of mysteries going on one being do either of these women not recognize their own babies for Gods sake’s ?!Sarah is just going to get this new baby back and not realize it’s a completely different baby ?Do all newborns look identical? Never had one myself just but seems crazy. 

THIS!  I never had a baby but I would think that out of more than 3 people, Sarah, Kristen, Brady and ALL the hospital staff (Victor couldn't have paid off everyone!) at least ONE person would notice something different.  And yes, as someone pointed out earlier, patients all have wrist bands - you know - to prevent this sort of thing.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Totally agree.  I thought Freddie was excellent.  It was hard for me to watch those scenes because I was having my own flashbacks.

Freddie gets criticized a lot.  I’ve seen comments saying that he’s “checked out” or whatever.  Then, when he decides to go all out with the blubbering and the snot, you have comments saying it’s too much.  He just can’t win.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn’t mind Sonny’s crying. Sometimes in grief people get hysterical even especially in an unexpected death. Also it’s not like this show has a set acting coach. I felt like some of Jack’s crying scenes have been off. I shudder to think how some of the other actors would play that material. 

I agree, I thought Freddie Smith did a fine job.  His crying, IMO, was realistic.  In my personal experience, when people break down and exhibit their feelings in ways that aren't usual for them, it can be uncomfortable to watch, almost as umcomfortable as it can be to feel.  Real grief can be raw and ugly and I think Freddie did a good job in portraying that.

As for the baby switch, the doctor who tried to save the baby was pretty clear on whose baby it was, since she asked Xander if he wanted to spend some time saying goodbye to his daughter, so how are they going to successfully pull off the switch?   They gonna kill her too?  Because otherwise she should notice that she's filling out a death certificate for the wrong child - and that's just the first WTF moment in this unlikely storyline.  If they wanted to do a baby switch that looked remotely possible then the babies shouldn't have been born at the hospital.

Gee, poor Kristen, just imagine people being mad because she killed a nurse because she thought her baby died.  Doesn't she get a pass since she REALLY  REALLY REALLY wanted a baby?  Isn't murder just a "too bad, so sad" moment then?  She's such a modern Madonna figure.

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, boes said:

Gee, poor Kristen, just imagine people being mad because she killed a nurse because she thought her baby died.  Doesn't she get a pass since she REALLY  REALLY REALLY wanted a baby?  Isn't murder just a "too bad, so sad" moment then?  She's such a modern Madonna figure.

This. SO. MUCH. THIS. If the show is actually trying to work up sympathy for the character at this point, it's not going to work. I'm actually starting to feel a little bad for Stacy Haiduk -- I don't think anyone could do much now with this irremediable, unredeemable mess of crazy, evil and just plain stupid, honestly.

• Love 16

1 hour ago, boes said:

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

This. SO. MUCH. THIS. If the show is actually trying to work up sympathy for the character at this point, it's not going to work. I'm actually starting to feel a little bad for Stacy Haiduk -- I don't think anyone could do much now with this irremediable, unredeemable mess of crazy, evil and just plain stupid, honestly.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.  The show is trying to make us feel sympathy for her character, but all they have succeeded in doing is making her current "To hell with the convent and the nuns who took me in, I'm taking back my life, I'm obsessed with getting in to Brady's pants, and I'm going to be a total bitch to everyone" behavior seem even MORE heinous - something I didn't even think was possible.

• Love 15

I will give Stacy credit for making me feel for a very brief moment a tad bit of sympathy for a horrible, vicious character. Then I came back down to earth and said screw it.  Watching ANY parent have to deal with the tragic death of a child is horrible but Kristen imo also doesnt deserve happiness.

That said, poor JJ. I didn't think much of Haley but no one deserves to have not one but two girlfriends murdered by a psycho.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Hands down, this was one of the saddest soap episodes I've ever seen.  From the grief and tears of J.J. to Sarah and Will to Brady.  However, Kristen really took me out with her grief.  I've never cried so much through an episode.  If there was an award for best soap episode, this one should definitely be nominated.  I can't wait to see the reactions from everyone when the big reveal is discovered.  

Edited by A.J.
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, sas616 said:

BETH RAINES FOREVER!!!   Actually, seeing those flashbacks makes me wonder (because she looked so young) how old was Judi when she was on Guiding Light?

According to Wiki, she would have been 19 when she started on GL.

Born 1964. Started on GL 1983.

32 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Hands down, this was one of the saddest soap episodes I've ever seen.  From the grief and tears of J.J. to Sarah and Will to Brady.  However, Kristen really took me out with her grief.  I've never cried so much through an episode.  If there was an award from best soap episode, this one should definitely be nominated.  I can't wait to see the reactions from everyone when the big reveal is discovered.  

I missed the episode today, and not sure if I want to watch online, if it's that sad. 😢

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Rafael said:

I totally agree. It should have been his story.

Daniel stole Chloe ,Maggie and Victor From him.

Not to mention the fact that he went after his sister Jennifer And tried stealing her from Jack . Plus Nicole used to be Lucas's ex wife . 

And Daniel also got his groove on with Lucas's niece ,Chelsea and his mum ,Kate.

AnD then His brother Philip turned out not to be Parker's daddy and Ofcourse the writers let Daniel claim Parker as his prize. 

Yep and it would've been a perfect opportunity to have Lucas go off the rails after Will died this could've been such a good umbrella story because Maggie was his sponsor and Daniel's mother.

Jennifer is his sister and Daniel's ex

Nicole is his ex. He also hated Daniel for Chloe, Chelsea/Kate, Jennifer and a variety of other reasons... Victor etc.

I mean this could've been the best storyline he's had in years instead Lucas became even more marginalized had a romance with Adrienne that went nowhere  same with Chloe then was written off the show after Baby Bonnie.

Instead it was Eric and nobody seems to care except Victor. Granted I didn't care Daniel died either but it doesn't make Nicole look good to take up with the dude who killed her daughter's father and makes Eric look terrible for not being able to forgive Nicole for far less when she forgave him for this. At least if it was Lucas we know there was never going to be a Nicole/Lucas reunion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Sandman said:

There's a reason why Eileen doesn't want to come back. She has no problem coming back to Y&R granted its recurring(maybe Days wanted her full time or she saw how bad it was going to be and had the sense to stay away I choose to believe the latter)

1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

That said, poor JJ. I didn't think much of Haley but no one deserves to have not one but two girlfriends murdered by a psycho.

In his case its two different psychos  the show is working overtime to make sympathetic and acceptable to the audience despite their heinous crimes...

• Love 5