Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I always love the Horton Family Tree decorating episode, I admit to getting a lump in my throat.  I wish more of the family could have been there.  Loved hearing Julie tell little Thomas he was named after the Patriarch of the family. And Eli hanging an ornament for his son.   These past 2 days have been enjoyable seeing the Deveraux family together...Jack & Jennifer are so cute together.   And aww...I did enjoy the scenes of Xander & Sarah last year planning for the baby.   Merry Christmas & Holiday Greetings to everyone on this board!

• Love 12

Where did Hattie get the crap to put on the tree?

Why is Jennifer dressed like a 12 year old girl in a 1950s movie?

Maggie, nobody wants Xander at the Horton tree trimming.

Didn't Abigail just get back from Paris?  How was she in Salem last Christmas?

Aren't Doug and Julie living at the Horton house?  Then why did The Hortons ring the doorbell?

Maggie should have put up an ornament for Mickey.

I'm going to miss Kassie.  😢

it's inevitable that Lani will come back and spill the beans on Gabi, so my question is will she wind up pregnant by Eli when he decides to start hating her?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Aren't Doug and Julie living at the Horton house?  Then why did The Hortons ring the doorbell?

it's inevitable that Lani will come back and spill the beans on Gabi, so my question is will she wind up pregnant by Eli when he decides to start hating her?

After Maggie hung up McKenzie's ornament, I saw Mickey's ornament underneath it.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

IDK. Even though I can't say I dislike someone like Kayla for instance, I'm hard pressed to call her (as an example) a complex character, and she's been a solid presence off and on since the early/mid eighties. Steve, much more so in terms of complexities.

But that could be another issue of why so many stories are focused on pairings, and why so many of them flounder. There is always a  gap, IMO-in how complex and interesting one part of the pairing is, as compared to the other. And when one half leaves, especially if the actor leaving played the more interesting character...(again, as in Steve and Kayla), then you've basically got a performer that the writers don't know what to do with.  I think one of the biggest reasons Days had hit couple after hit couple in the 80s and 90s, was because it was the era of the Super Couple. People were even calling April Ramirez and Mike Horton a super couple. And they weren't. Neither were Billie and Bo. But then, I hate tagging a couple with that albatross of a label, "super couple". The point being, it was a craze, a fad. If a couple had fervent fans, those fans called their couple a "super" one. Even if they were in reality, anything but (people even shipped Nick Corelli and Eve Donavan. I mean ! )

And that made Days far more about couplings than anything else, and I'm not sure it's ever fully recovered from that. Kind of how many viewers mistakenly tabbed GH as "being all about the mob" just because of Frank Smith. And it too, has never fully recovered from that, to this day.

I will say, I think the writing overall, on DOOL (and GH)  from what I've seen recently, is more about quick resolutions and quick hook ups and sudden inexplicable love. The "Slow burn" is gone, and that is a shame. Truly multi layered characters are few and far between. But IMO really good, layered characters have always been rare. I do think most soap characters are interchangeable. I can't be the only one who, in the midst of a story, thinks, "wait, didn't they just do this same story last year with this couple, or this same story on another show ?"  I think that's why our Victor Newmans and Stefano DiMeras and Erica Kanes stand out-because they are truly complex examples. They are the exception, not the rule, and this has always been the case. It's why they have maintained popularity for literally decades. Because the viewers know that these types of characters SHOULD be the norm, but they are not.

You make good points for me Kayla isn't so one note because yes while she's good she also has been feisty and had a personality to her that Steve mostly brought out she wasn't a doormat. Which is a contrast to today's heroine who is a complete victim or too dumb to function. Kayla has always been more proactive and smart also not afraid to challenge her man. Same with Jennifer and Hope back in the day.

Then you look at Ciara who we're supposed to believe is a heroine...and yeah

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The TJ was a year later so when Abby/Chad returned it was when they found out Jennifer was in a coma from JJ. So that strangely makes sense on this show.

I liked part of the HFC Julie telling Thomas who he was named after, Jack saying JJ was their miracle child *sniff*, seeing J&J with the grandbabies. JJ not having such a depressing Christmas compared to years past. However it was lacking in a lot of ways probably because this seems so manipulative coasting on nostalgia and not much else back then there was a heart and soul to this show and there isn't anymore to me at least. So when they trot this out its so false because there's hardly any of today's version of the show that made this tradition special to begin with.

Ari should've been there same with Hope/Ciara and Julie not going to the ends of the earth to make sure they're there is OOC.

• Love 5

Is Gabi not allowed to see Ariana by law or something? They hardly showed her with old Ari and I’m not even sure she’s met SORAS’d Ari. Anyway, is Gabi not allowed any visitation? 

I guess Hope and/or Princess Gina invite got lost in the mail. I think this is the one time when the whole cast should be invited for the hanging of the Horton ornaments. I’m sure one day of the whole cast in the Horton living wouldn’t break the bank. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Is Gabi not allowed to see Ariana by law or something? They hardly showed her with old Ari and I’m not even sure she’s met SORAS’d Ari. Anyway, is Gabi not allowed any visitation? 

Ari lives with Gabi, so I think the issue is more about the child labor laws and using Ari for plot points ala connecting Sonny with Evan the manny.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

In fairness, Days has always been couple obsessed, far more so than most of the other soaps. They've always kinda been about pairings and the stories of those romances. Which can be good, at least they care about the romance part of daytime, while some shows never cared enough. But they've never really given any characters stories that didn't somehow tie back in, to whoever they were with, or wanted to be with.

Even now, even if I agree that Brady and Kate are two that flounder in pairings but get airtime...I don't think Kate has has a SL that was truly about her as a woman without a man, just dealing with issues and life...in years, if ever. The last one that comes to mind was her revelations about her past as a prostitute, and I think Deborah Adair played most of that, that's how long ago that was. LK isn't given much to do and hasn't been given much in terms of meaty scenes, in years.

But I could be forgetting some other plot point Kate was given? Didn't she have cancer for about five minutes, or something ? Otherwise it's been her in a romance, or meddling in the lives of her children. Not exactly great material.

Same with Brady. Eric M gets good scenes with GV in the brotherly angst stuff, but he hasn't had a true storyline about himself since the height of the addiction SL.

Gabi, eh. Gabi is young and pretty and I think the show thinks they just have to strut her around and we'll forget she's not doing much. I like her better than Abby, but I think she's kind of one note and irritating most of the time. I'm supposed to see her as some great schemer, but I have never truly bought it. Still,  I see Gabi as a better match for Chad than Abs, though.

As long as the obnoxious Abigail is on screen Gabi won't be with Chad.  RC has ordained Chad and Abigail as his pet couple.

• Love 4

Jennifer, Christmas makeup is not to be that harsh. Yes, it can be gold and glittery or filled with colour, but not that severe black eyeliner and the severe hair. Please also change your outfit. At least JJ got out of the hospital for a night. He should still be an outpatient and detoxing and working on his sobriety. Christmas with Doug and Julie may not be the best idea.

Maggie, no one wants Xander at the Horton tree trimming party. However, his flask overflowing with all sorts of goodness would be welcome. The tree did look a bit lopsided with the ornaments all seeming to be hanging on the front of the tree that did not face the window. Chad's and Ab's kids were cute.

How did both Hattie and Eve get out of the clink on the same night? Wouldn't that have been done during standard business hours? Eve, you go and leave town. You are too good for the holier than thou Salemites.

Gabi looked very pretty. Abs needed to style her hair.

Xander, your heart is in the right place in going to Boston to see Sarah. It still may not be the best idea.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I was wondering the same thing! I'd be fine if we were never reminded of Jennifer and Dr. Tan being a thing. I hated her then. In fact, it's only since Jack has been back that I am liking her again.

Dr Daniel , Stefan and Deimos should stay gone. There is absolutely NO ReAsOn to revive these failed characters.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I just don't think this is the real John - he is acting weird. Too animated and almost hyper. Unless Drake is just happy to still be employed, he just seems off to me.

He totally is acting strangely, but I just assumed the actor was not putting in his best work, lol. 

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I couldn't figure out why the Devs rang the doorbell, either! Maybe the surprise factor. And I thought that last scene of Eve's was just dumb -- if I was Kassie, I'd have resented having that be my swan song (despite being able to wear that delicious dark pink coat again). 

• Love 8

Chad is very immature with the Scrooge and Grinch comments about Gabi. Leave the kids out of it Bruh.

Corday has been on the record saying he hates super couples and fan service in the past to excuse why he ruined EJ and did all this outlandish shit during Daniel era. Of course this is very inconsistent now with all his CIN and Chabby propping. 

Eli and Gabi look great together and have good chemistry, way more than Elani.

Abby’s hair looked like she did a bun 3 days ago and it’s been slept in and through some mighty wind. There are better ways to do a “messy bun” like HRH Collection’s or styles on the Gram than her struggle slob look.

I had it airing live while I groomed my Yorkie (his hair was long and thick it took an 1.5 hours, dude weighs a few lbs and the hair filled and entire paper grocery sack). I rewatched again later.  My parents laughed at Xander talking to a teddy bear. 

I liked Xander going to see Sarah, 🤞🏼Let love win! But  🎶 On the 12 day of Christmas my true love gave to meee an ass beating and Eric cryinnnng 🎶 He’ll probably have a rage stroke cuz Lawd knows Sarah can’t be allowed to see who she wants or Xander being there for this woman, who he isn’t married to nor is his property, and will have to be turned into being all about him and his feelings. 

I liked Julie and Eli seeing good in Gabi and defending her, it’s nice they know she’s not an entire piece of shit and they don’t have this binary single minded way of thinking most Horton’s have and they’ve had, that’s growth. Of course, when the truth comes out Gabi will be dragged for filth, screamed at, and shunned. 

• Love 12

Gabi was gorgeous yesterday and I wanted to see more of her flashback with Eli. They're a gorgeous pair with good chem that is wasted on a dead end story.

Why did Sarah look nine months pregnant in the flashback to last Christmas?  At most, she would have been 4 or 5 months, I think. 

Eve blaming Jack and Jennifer for her incarceration is disappointing and when the truth is exposed about the frame job Stefano and Gina did on her, my guess is she will be out of the loop so DOOL can trot her back out to stir up trouble for J&J at some point.

I don't think every character needs to be complex but well rounded.  That was the strength of the heroines on this show and why they were rootable.   I also don't think DOOL suffered more because of its connection to super couples than other shows but rather it let itself be tied to the notion. I felt like any time it broke up a couple, it wouldn't let the story breathe before caving in and reuniting them.  

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

And back then it worked because the show could write for that sort of thing soaps don't have the writers they used to so when they try to recreate the old days it tends to fall flat because the characters and times have changed. Unless the actors still have that spark to pull it off on nostalgia but still not that memorable.

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chad is very immature with the Scrooge and Grinch comments about Gabi. Leave the kids out of it Bruh.

Corday has been on the record saying he hates super couples and fan service in the past to excuse why he ruined EJ and did all this outlandish shit during Daniel era. Of course this is very inconsistent now with all his CIN and Chabby propping. 

Eli and Gabi look great together and have good chemistry, way more than Elani.

Abby’s hair looked like she did a bun 3 days ago and it’s been slept in and through some mighty wind. There are better ways to do a “messy bun” like HRH Collection’s or styles on the Gram than her struggle slob look.

I had it airing live while I groomed my Yorkie (his hair was long and thick it took an 1.5 hours, dude weighs a few lbs and the hair filled and entire paper grocery sack). I rewatched again later.  My parents laughed at Xander talking to a teddy bear. 

I liked Xander going to see Sarah, 🤞🏼Let love win! But  🎶 On the 12 day of Christmas my true love gave to meee an ass beating and Eric cryinnnng 🎶 He’ll probably have a rage stroke cuz Lawd knows Sarah can’t be allowed to see who she wants or Xander being there for this woman, who he isn’t married to nor is his property, and will have to be turned into being all about him and his feelings. 

I liked Julie and Eli seeing good in Gabi and defending her, it’s nice they know she’s not an entire piece of shit and they don’t have this binary single minded way of thinking most Horton’s have and they’ve had, that’s growth. Of course, when the truth comes out Gabi will be dragged for filth, screamed at, and shunned. 

Well Gabi referred to Thomas/Charlotte as brats so not really bothered by that. I doubt Gabi will be hated by anyone besides the Hortons (well Julie and Abby) then after a couple episodes it will be forgotten by the rest of the show except them. Besides not really sure why they shouldn't hate her for this. I mean they probably would've respected her more if she just said she didn't want Julie to have Stefan's heart instead of using her so called true love for him as justification for this lame attempt at revenge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So you're telling me I waited nearly two months for Will to be shown with Marlena in prison, only for him to have to prop the serial killer couple when it finally happened? And for his cousin to shit all over him by admitting she didn't plan to visit him (which she hadn't done at all to that point), that he was just a pawn in the plan to see her precious? And all of this was being planned behind his back as his world is crumbling? Bah friggin' humbug, Days and Ron!

source.gif

Beyond that, I am here for new Ari! She senses what's going on and is not having it, I love her already! And happy holidays to all, no matter what/if you're celebrating. I hope you're having a fabulous time, this maddening show aside. 😂

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

So you're telling me I waited nearly two months for Will to be shown with Marlena in prison, only for him to have to prop the serial killer couple when it finally happened? And for his cousin to shit all over him by admitting she didn't plan to visit him (which she hadn't done at all to that point), that he was just a pawn in the plan to see her precious? And all of this was being planned behind his back as his world is crumbling? Bah friggin' humbug, Days and Ron!

source.gif

Beyond that, I am here for new Ari! She senses what's going on and is not having it, I love her already! And happy holidays to all, no matter what/if you're celebrating. I hope you're having a fabulous time, this maddening show aside. 😂

Yes, I liked the new Ari....she was giving the "Manny" the side-eye & a scowl...she knows what is going on.  And I hope they have her inter-acting more with her Mother, Gabi.... Gabi, of all people, should know how upset Ari is by Will being in jail. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

source.gif

I'm right there with you, I hated Ciara today and Marlena can take a flying leap as well.  Ciara just gets more repulsive by the scene. 

Then we had those awful Steve as Stefano crap - Stephen Nichols is really, really terrible at this, by the way. I would rather have watched Roman do the dishes for an hour than any of this.

• Love 14

Today's ep was dull for the usual Christmas show. Didn't care for Stevano stealing Roman's Santa costume. I did laugh when he kept pulling up his pants, though.

This Ari is smart.

So John gets rid of Hope/Gina and now he has Hattie. Yikes.

About time we saw Marlena visiting her grandson at hers and Ciara's convenience. Why isn't Ciara spending the day with her transplanted/chipped mother?

Kayla sure recognized Steve's walk or whatever.

• Love 6
On 12/25/2019 at 6:21 AM, bobcat1946 said:

As long as the obnoxious Abigail is on screen Gabi won't be with Chad.  RC has ordained Chad and Abigail as his pet couple.

I thought that honor goes to Serial Killer and the equally repulsive Ciara . They are definitely his signature cOuple. 

• Love 8
On 12/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I always love the Horton Family Tree decorating episode, I admit to getting a lump in my throat.  I wish more of the family could have been there.  Loved hearing Julie tell little Thomas he was named after the Patriarch of the family. And Eli hanging an ornament for his son.   These past 2 days have been enjoyable seeing the Deveraux family together...Jack & Jennifer are so cute together.   And aww...I did enjoy the scenes of Xander & Sarah last year planning for the baby.   Merry Christmas & Holiday Greetings to everyone on this board!

I don't even get the holiday feelies anymore with this show. I don't know what it is. I hate Hope without Bo, Ciara is horrible, Jennifer stinks without Jack but so much time has passed. The tree trimming was ff'd for me. There are so few scenes I watch without zapping thru it. But I've been watching so long I can't stop until its over. I would love love love to see the first few seasons! Are these available on DVD?

• Love 1

"Thanks, I hate it!" seems like a good slogan for this show.  There's gratitude that we still get to spend time with these characters along with the distaste for what the writing delivers on a daily basis.  

I may be a party one with this but I'm enjoying Steve as Stefano.  Partly because Steven Nichols can pull off his own kind of menacing nature, and also because of the irony of The Great Stefano DiMera's consciousness being trapped in a prison (Steve's body) from which he seemingly can never escape.  I truly believe that Stefano would seek out life eternal and I love that it's not the sweet hereafter that he'd imagine it to be. 

Hattie bickering with John always makes me chuckle.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

"Thanks, I hate it!" seems like a good slogan for this show.  There's gratitude that we still get to spend time with these characters along with the distaste for what the writing delivers on a daily basis.  

I may be a party one with this but I'm enjoying Steve as Stefano.  Partly because Steven Nichols can pull off his own kind of menacing nature, and also because of the irony of The Great Stefano DiMera's consciousness being trapped in a prison (Steve's body) from which he seemingly can never escape.  I truly believe that Stefano would seek out life eternal and I love that it's not the sweet hereafter that he'd imagine it to be. 

Hattie bickering with John always makes me chuckle.  

Agreed here.

You're not a party of one where SN's turn is concerned--I'm enjoying the stretch on his part, and your take on the irony as well.

I'm enjoying seeing more Roman these days--amazing because I really did not used to enjoy Josh Taylor's clogged-nasal-passages delivery. Unexpectedly, I also enjoyed DH's turn as Hattie and her parrying with John--granny panties and all.

And I'm an unapologetic Xander/Sarah fan. Anti-Eeyore all the way.

What I really can't stomach is the amount of air-time given to Ciara [whose acting has gotten worse. IMO] and The Serial Killer with a Heart. Spare me.

• Love 8
On 12/25/2019 at 3:06 AM, Rafael said:

Dr Daniel , Stefan and Deimos should stay gone. There is absolutely NO ReAsOn to revive these failed characters.

I actually think Deimos had a lot of potential (and a terrific actor to play him), but the show just wasted it.

So does anyone know if Stefano knows Hattie exists?  I can see some hijinks coming up if he mistakes her for Marlena at some point (and I am just speculating- haven't read spoilers).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, domina89 said:

I actually think Deimos had a lot of potential (and a terrific actor to play him), but the show just wasted it.

So does anyone know if Stefano knows Hattie exists?  I can see some hijinks coming up if he mistakes her for Marlena at some point (and I am just speculating- haven't read spoilers).

Stefano is the one who transformed Hattie into "Marlena". She hasn't had contact with him or Rolf for years now, but they definitely know she exists.

They sort of dropped that plotline years ago when they dropped Stefano wanting Marlena. Not sure why they are bringing that part back. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2

Nice of Brady to talk to Holly about some kids having two mommies or daddies. At least Tate was mentioned. The dollhouse for Holly was probably ordered months ago, before the Nicole and Eric implosion.

Kate, you sure kept on yapping about Patchy Clause to Kayla. Something is afoot.

Ciara, you are going to be in trouble now that Xander knows all about the secret memento box that looked like his briefcase. That was quite the spread that he arranged for Sarah. I would have been very touched.

When would Marlena have bought such a technicolour dress to wear? Not really her style. Poor Roman will now have to deal with Hattie. Every single day. Wonder how long it will take her to mention Kate's guest to anyone near the pub.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked the flashback of Steve/Kayla on Christmas I wish Days just gave us an episode of Christmas Flashbacks tbh would be better than the current product.

At this point, I say rerun '70s/'80s episodes. Bet they'd get better ratings.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought I would like the Stevano thing but I'm tired of it already. You do make some good points though and I do like how SN is playing it. I just want them to move it along lol. I am interested to see how it goes now with Hattie seeing him.

4 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Looked very Susanish to me, did she ever stay with the Blacks? 

I don't remember if she ever stayed with them but I am almost positive I remember Susan wearing that dress.

• Love 6

Wow, Abigail, being bitchy about little kids?  How Hortonish of you.

Kristen wearing a snake skin seems appropriate.

Why don't Abigail and Chad try living on their own right instead of demanding the "family legacy"?

Gabi has as much right to be in charge of DiMera as Kate was/is.

When Nicole told Roman that she felt bad about "his granddaughter", I had to scroll through my head trying to figure out who his granddaughter was.

Nicole got drunk on one martini?

I had to laugh at Lani having to listen to Gabi and Eli having sexy times.

• Love 9

The Sister Act is back in town. How many hidden doors does the DiMera mansion have? Awww, poor Lani having to listen to Gabi and Eli having sexy holiday times. Yes, you hate her, Lani, for allegedly ruining your life with Eli. Did you ever investigate whether Gabi indeed has a pacemaker App that can kill Julie? Since when did you care about Julie? And do you not think that the Horton Square does not have security cameras? That window is not cheap.

Nicole got drunk on that one martini? Nah, unless she had a couple before she left. Poor Kristen seeing her and Brady together.

Abs, you really dressed up for Christmas! Er, not. Not even washing you hair. Ugh. Why can't you and Chad work hard to make your own money and not rely on family inheritances and stuff that come and go as many times as the Phoenix rises from the ashes.

Hattie, find the Salem Brain and go past the Kate and Steve/Patch story. Why would Kate have anything to do with Patch? And why would Roman know about it.

• Love 4

Gabi looked truly stunning.

I love that Kristen and her new bestie are running around Salem pretending to be nuns.  That has got to be some kind of violation in the Catholic Church, right? 😵

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Catching up on the week...and boy, is Chad disgustingly smug. Anyone else notice how while he was supposed to be insulting Gabi at the study, the two actors seemed to be smirking throughout the scene, almost as if they can't actually fight with each other. Really sucks that Chad is forever now linked to Abigail because he does have better chemistry with her. Eli also lights up around Gabi. I'm going to hate seeing her dragged through the mud again. Hell, even JJ couldn't help but light up around her. She was the brightest thing at the Christmas party, although it was nice to see Doug and Julie together again for the holidays. I can't believe how great Doug looks. I hope he stays that way.

Xander and Sarah also have a lot of charm to them. If they could just be a happy-go-lucky carefree couple, I think they would fare very well. Too bad I suspect all their storylines are going to be as miserable as Nicole and Eric's.

I love Hattie staying at Marlena's as a 'thank you' for helping to save her life. It would have been especially cool for them to do a split screen so that Deidre could act opposite herself. I can't remember the last time they actually had Marlena and Hattie in a room talking to each other. (Oh wait, wasn't it when Hattie broke into the same town house to knock Marlena out, send her off to the Asylum and take her place? Awwaaaard!)

Although, I think they got the continuity wrong, about Hattie being a thief. Hattie stole for Andre, and that's how she first ended up in prison a few years ago, remember Ron?

I adore Ari side-eyeing Evan and sitting between her father and the guy who's trying to sleep with them. The girls got instincts! She reminded me of little Ciara. I really can't understand why Sonny was being such a jerk to her, repeating over and over how she didn't get to have any more presents and then saying how "happy" she was. The girl looked miserable, and who could blame her? One of her fathers is in prison. Doesn't seem like the kid has had a single year in the last five where one of her three parents wasn't behind bars. You would think Sonny would be sensitive to that.

Hated hated hated Will cheerleading for Ben His Bestest Buddy! Shut up Ron. If you want Ciara to suck face with him, leave other characters out of it.

This Steveno stuff is so lame. I groan at the thought of what Kayla will be getting as story material for the next 6 months. And do we not need to see Steve lusting after Marlena? Ugh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

My favorite new Ari moment was how she crossed her arms when Sonny told her she couldn't tell Santa she wanted more (or alternative) presents when they saw him at the hospital.

So the nun gear is just for camp's sake, right?  Because there was no good reason Lani had to be wearing a habit as she was skulked around the Dimera mansion.  If anyone saw her there, the fact that she was dressed as a nun wouldn't do much to save her.  Neither, by the way, would it protect her from the cops had anyone seen her throw that object into Gabi Chic. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Gabi looked truly stunning.

I love that Kristen and her new bestie are running around Salem pretending to be nuns.  That has got to be some kind of violation in the Catholic Church, right? 😵

Go to Confession
Say 3 Our Father's, Ten Hail Mary's
Promise not to do it again

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

My favorite new Ari moment was how she crossed her arms when Sonny told her she couldn't tell Santa she wanted more (or alternative) presents when they saw him at the hospital.

Some of her facial expressions and body movements reminded me of Gabi.  She wasn’t having any of Sonny and Manny (can’t remember his name). 

Ari will have sassiness and deviousness to spare between her mother, grandma Sami, and great grandma Kate. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

So the nun gear is just for camp's sake, right?  Because there was no good reason Lani had to be wearing a habit as she was skulked around the Dimera mansion.  If anyone saw her there, the fact that she was dressed as a nun wouldn't do much to save her.  Neither, by the way, would it protect her from the cops had anyone seen her throw that object into Gabi Chic. 

I was not raised Catholic and am not even religious, but even I found the nun stuff to be truly reprehensible.  Kristen pretending she had some calling from God just so she could play games with Chad and Lani running around in her habit so she could spy on Eli was just really bad.  They are wearing habits they STOLE from a convent.  Are we supposed to like them?  Are we supposed to feel bad because they "had" to see the men they "love" kissing other women?  Unfortunately, the way show is being written these days these two harridans will probably "triumph" and get their men.  I sincerely wish they would both be read for filth in front of everybody who cares about them.

Add me to the list of people who can't wait for this whole Stevano plot to be done.  Joe is dead.  The DiMearas have become as much of a threat as Wile E. Coyote with his Acme jet-powered roller skates.  Victor is so old and frail he can barely get out of his chair.  Time to move on from the all-powerful "Super-Villain" mentality and get back to people being normally bad and sometimes they win and sometimes they don't.

• Love 16

Except for the  fact that they stole the clothes from the convent, it doesn't bother me that Kristen and Lani are masquerading as nuns in Salem.  However, when they abruptly decided they were not taking their vows afterall, and ripped the clothes off and threw them aside, while still in the convent, I found that very offensive, and I'm not Catholic.

• Love 6

None of my heartbreaks have sent me to any convents or a career as a nun. Lani did not get what she wanted, kicked and screamed, and probably used the convent to get Eli to come back to her.

Even Mother Superior in The Sound of Music told Fraulein Maria to not use the convent as a place to hide.

• Love 8