Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Just now, IWantCandy71 said:

So okay, I'm so lost on the Will/Adrienne thing. Obviously, the audience is supposed to be, but I just wonder if it's not one of those things yet that even Ron doesn't know what happened ? Why would Victor let Will think he'd killed Adrienne, and why would Will think it ? I'm so confused.

At this point I'm sure he knew what he wanted to write but it was pretty annoying how they wrote the Victor/Xander/Ciara scenes.  I actually enjoyed much of the drama of it but in order to drag it out, they had Ciara act unlike anyone else would act in that situation.  Once she finds out that it's Will who is the innocent one, she doesn't stick around to find out what exactly happened; she leave claiming she's going to go tell people.

But tell people what? That Will is innocent?  People are going to want to know what really happened and she doesn't have a clue.  Did Victor kill Adrienne?  Xander? Someone else?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So okay, I'm so lost on the Will/Adrienne thing. Obviously, the audience is supposed to be, but I just wonder if it's not one of those things yet that even Ron doesn't know what happened ? Why would Victor let Will think he'd killed Adrienne, and why would Will think it ? I'm so confused.

It will be revealed on screen next week (and likely in the spoiler thread here, as long as it's released in the various mags or promo, later this week).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

At this point I'm sure he knew what he wanted to write but it was pretty annoying how they wrote the Victor/Xander/Ciara scenes.  I actually enjoyed much of the drama of it but in order to drag it out, they had Ciara act unlike anyone else would act in that situation.  Once she finds out that it's Will who is the innocent one, she doesn't stick around to find out what exactly happened; she leave claiming she's going to go tell people.

But tell people what? That Will is innocent?  People are going to want to know what really happened and she doesn't have a clue.  Did Victor kill Adrienne?  Xander? Someone else?

She was told the details during the commercial between Victor telling her that he and Xander framed Will, and then finishing up with "That's the whole sordid truth..." - I can't really say much more without spoiling things, but your last few questions will be answered by the end of next week.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

She was told the details during the commercial between Victor telling her that he and Xander framed Will, and then finishing up with "That's the whole sordid truth..." - I can't really say much more without spoiling things, but your last few questions will be answered by the end of next week.

Thank you.  I must have missed the beginning of that scene but I didn't care enough to rewind. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I

Well I think Ciara asked if they killed her, and Victor said "of course not" and Xander said "we would never". 

But they are leaving Will to rot, and Will seems to think he did it. Well, at least the show has something I'm interested in knowing the truth about LOL !

41 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

It will be revealed on screen next week (and likely in the spoiler thread here, as long as it's released in the various mags or promo, later this week).

Okay. I will try to remain unspoiled. I want to be surprised.  

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

He’s an addict and borderline suicidal. He still hasn’t processed it all or done the work and totally ignoring and throwing it aside to help stupid Lani. Abigail of course doesn’t give a damn. The writing is really shitty. All the people who are carrying the heaviest burdens are caping for others. And all the people with stupid ass trivial problems that often they create or exaggerate are those with the sympathy. 

Like Ben. The entire focus is he’s wrongfully convicted. But he was never convicted for a bunch of horrible felonies. Why would I feel sorry karma vistited in a round a bout way? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d2e16c1f03333e19fd

hes honestly lucky Eve didn’t discretely arrange to have him killed. It always reminds me of the man who killed his gf in front of her kids and skated on a technicality as innocent. Months later, this Halloween a person in a clown mask and costume walked up and shot him in the head and no useable witnesses or evidence cuz of the mask, gloves, clown shoes and dude never saw that shit coming. 

As self absorbed as Abby is I do think she cares about her family I can't say the same for Ciara but otherwise I agree with you. 

Spoiler

Which is why I'm so glad JJ is leaving this show because at least he'll be offscreen and spared the stupidity of future storylines on this show. This is what happens when you are reduced to nice guy loser status on this show.

53 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I want that dress Kristen is wearing. Anyone know of a site that sells daytime knock off clothes ? I would so wear that dress and those boots.

Ask and you shall receive

https://wornontv.net/days-of-our-lives/

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As self absorbed as Abby is I do think she cares about her family I can't say the same for Ciara but otherwise I agree with you. 

Reveal spoiler

Which is why I'm so glad JJ is leaving this show because at least he'll be offscreen and spared the stupidity of future storylines on this show. This is what happens when you are reduced to nice guy loser status on this show.

Ask and you shall receive

https://wornontv.net/days-of-our-lives/

Aww, thank you. I knew someone here might know where to find it.  I like the one Nicole was wearing last week as well and I see it on there, too.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This is pure speculation, and I have no spoilers, but I can only imagine that

Spoiler

Maggie fell off the wagon and accidentally knocked Adrienne off that balcony. Who else does Victor love enough to want to protect? Who else would Xander and Victor agree on enough to shield?

Knowing this lot, it'll probably end up being Will who killed Jordan ...

• LOL 3

It would've been better if Gabi walked in on them having sex rather than making out.

Why must JJ be stuck in this mess I rather have him in scenes with Rafe finding out about Hopina/Stevano instead.. at least that involves his actual family members.

• Love 2

I saw someone on a different site make the excellent point that Gabi saved JJ's life and asked for nothing in return but Lani stopped JJ from shooting Kristen(the woman who killed his girlfriend over nothing, much like how his other girlfriend died) and is now asking for a favor. Like are the writers sure Lani is the one we are supposed to be rooting for? I think this is ass backwards. When I think about it, Lani has more or less sabotaged every relationship Gabi has had Eli, JJ and then Stefan(I would say he's the luckiest cos he didn't have to live in order to get fucked by Lani) so I don't feel that sorry for her. Not saying Gabi is 100% justified in dragging Julie into her beef with Lani but It's understandable since Julie was an ass to Gabi for so long. So two birds with one stone, but good grief there had to have been a better way than some stupid pacemaker app. I will go to my grave calling this story line stupid. 

Also Gabi x Eli does nothing for me they can't break up soon enough. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I liked how Gabi overreacted during the dream sequence.

All of that noise Marlena was making, I thought she and John were doing the nasty.

The phrase "Bombs bursting in air" came into my head for some reason, followed immediately by "the Little Train that could".

My poor brain.....

• LOL 8
21 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

I saw someone on a different site make the excellent point that Gabi saved JJ's life and asked for nothing in return but Lani stopped JJ from shooting Kristen(the woman who killed his girlfriend over nothing, much like how his other girlfriend died) and is now asking for a favor. Like are the writers sure Lani is the one we are supposed to be rooting for? I think this is ass backwards. When I think about it, Lani has more or less sabotaged every relationship Gabi has had Eli, JJ and then Stefan(I would say he's the luckiest cos he didn't have to live in order to get fucked by Lani) so I don't feel that sorry for her. Not saying Gabi is 100% justified in dragging Julie into her beef with Lani but It's understandable since Julie was an ass to Gabi for so long. So two birds with one stone, but good grief there had to have been a better way than some stupid pacemaker app. I will go to my grave calling this story line stupid. 

Gabi wasn't that selfless she brought it up when JJ was rightfully suspicious of her gaslighting Abby acting wounded that he would think such of thing of her after what she did for him.

Lani and Gabi are both terrible for different reasons. Between the two Gabi is far easier to take.

Regardless I hate that JJ is in this storyline in general for a variety of reasons but he also doesn't fit in this story not when for the past year he barely interacted with these people till now. If they want to create stakes for these lame stories of theirs they need to actually have a real buildup and they don't...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Pro Tip: If the crux of the Hattie distinction is she stammers and trips over her words. Maybe not have “Marlena” do it also? 

“and and and...uh um gasp” STFU both of you. 

Eli’s ring was a little ugly. But he’s extremely good looking and seems like he’s banging Gabi like a screen door in a hurricane so who cares? Nice touch that Gabi’s been wearing Stefan’s necklace gift this entire time daily for months (Days 1.5 years?). Obviously this shit will come full circle and Lani will ruin their wedding and make Eli dump her at the alter. Yawn. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Pro Tip: If the crux of the Hattie distinction is she stammers and trips over her words. Maybe not have “Marlena” do it also? 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I hate Deidre's version of Hattie.  Andrea Hall was so much better in the role. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I hate Deidre's version of Hattie.  Andrea Hall was so much better in the role. 

UO? I hate all the dual characters which seem to consist of stuttering or corny accents. 

I was ruined by David Canary who spun shit to gold and was incredibly distinct. Stuart could move you to tears or want to hug him and Adam would be making you scared or wanting to beat his ass same episode or scene. I’m not expecting that caliber but damn the half assedness and grade school play of it all are trying me. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

UO? I hate all the dual characters which seem to consist of stuttering or corny accents. 

I was ruined by David Canary who spun shit to gold and was incredibly distinct. Stuart could move you to tears or want to hug him and Adam would be making you scared or wanting to beat his ass same episode or scene. I’m not expecting that caliber but damn the half assedness and grade school play of it all are trying me. 

Yes and AMC by the end was truly awful.... and yet he managed to still be watchable...

I miss that man dearly...

However at least it was established Adam/Stuart are twins from the beginning more or less...

These dopplegangers are those Days comes up with because they are too lazy to come up with decent stories for the actual characters involved.

So here are some ideas if the writers actually read this thread.

Hope

Could've stayed with Aiden this entire time. Chase/Ciara could've had a complicated sibling relationship. They could butt heads w/ her being a cop and him being a lawyer defending the shady people she's trying to put away.

If that wasn't an option they could've had a story with Ciara returning to town resenting Hope for ditching her after Bo died. They could've dealt with their many issues because of that, Chase raping her etc. she could've developed a crush on Rafe even to the point where she went after him herself and Hope had to deal with it. Would be a nice tie in to Doug/Julie's history with Hope's mom.

Steve

Could've returned to town watching Kayla move onto another man because he pushed her away over the Bionic Eye. For once Steve would have to fight another man over Kayla who craves stability etc despite loving Steve. Bring back Stephanie or Joey for them to deal with. 

Adrienne

Bring back another one of her and Justin's kids for Sonny to deal with, Victor to bond with. Or have Angelica return BFTD and torment Justin/Adrienne.

Marlena 

Have her be involved in Brady/Kristen's storyline as she should be or even with Will. Heck bring Claire back and have Jarlena deal with their hellion granddaughter so they can relive the Sami years.

Kristen

The character ran her course just kill her off.

All of these would be better storylines than well the alternate versions of these characters.

• Love 5

Of course, Kayla's test on Julie's pacemaker may indicate some sort of tech upgrade to it. Or not.

Hope's office wouldn't have stunk up the rest of the floor? I don't get the plan to kill both John and Marlena. Just find a lookalike, and ask Dr. Rolf to create a mask so you both get who you want and no one suffers. At least Rafe has the Salem Nose today.

Nice of Lani to lie to her father about where she was for a year. And that she is back in Salem using JJ. Please just pack a bag and maybe go to London for a year, JJ. Get rid of your ties to Salem.

Gabi's ring was okay - simple.

• Love 4

In a way it makes sense for JJ to help Lani.  It’s a distraction.  I doubt he wants to be around his family in his state.  I do think Abby cares about him and sees through any Bs if he tries to say he is fine.  
Jennifer has always been very involved with her kid’s so her not at least visiting JJ doesn’t make sense. 
 Lani doesn’t seem to care about JJ at all.  A man she use to love.  Eli should more concern than Lani.  I was extremely disappointed in her. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I know. Yesterday when "Marlena" woke up from her dream, she was very Hattie-like. 

12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Obviously this shit will come full circle and Lani will ruin their wedding and make Eli dump her at the alter. Yawn. 

Poetic justice, I suppose. 

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm sick of all the dual characters.  And losing interest again in the show.  Good thing it's winter, because if this were gardening season, I probably wouldn't be watching at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Yeah, between Gabi and Eli and Chad and Abs and Bonehead Black and his new "friend" Nicole (and maybe Will and Dead Man BOllie Walking??), this show has become a neck-and-neck race to decide the Lesser of Who Cares? 

Wait, so Lani became a nun, but didn't tell anyone where she was or what she was doing, and now she's lying to her father about where she went for an entire year? That's … some vocation ya got there, lady.

I don't think I've ever seen a time-jump that immediately functions as a retcon before. That must be a tricky little combo to pull off.

Of course, it leads to the natural question: what was the frickin' point? (I think it must mean the character is completely expendable, but what do I know? I live in a world where every third person I know isn't someone else's evil twin...)  

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

I mean, they look hot together, but this. I'm bored. Gabi is the only character I really still care about tbh but I don't even watch most of their scenes because they're just so boring. Eli is hot but he's just nothing to me.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Wait, so Lani became a nun, but didn't tell anyone where she was or what she was doing, and now she's lying to her father about where she went for an entire year? That's … some vocation ya got there, lady.

Yet we're supposed to be rooting for her. It's actually kinda funny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yet we're supposed to be rooting for her. It's actually kinda funny

So laughable. And at the end of the day, the fact that she killed Gabi's husband is forgotten and poor Lani is the victim. Cry me a fucking river!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

So laughable. And at the end of the day, the fact that she killed Gabi's husband is forgotten and poor Lani is the victim. Cry me a fucking river!

I think that's why I am having so much trouble with this storyline because Lani is a terrible character, bland and self-righteous but we're supposed to see her as sweet and compassionate and deserving of all good things?  How can the writing be this off the mark?

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think that's why I am having so much trouble with this storyline because Lani is a terrible character, bland and self-righteous but we're supposed to see her as sweet and compassionate and deserving of all good things?  How can the writing be this off the mark?

Ron has the most uncanny ability to paint the villains as the good guys and the good guys as the villains. I can't decide whether it's deliberate, or just another indictment on his particular brand of storytelling. 🙃

Edit - I should probably expand on this a bit. Leo was a conman who had previously killed, but his mommy was so mean to him and that's why he did such terrible things. Same with Xander; we're apparently supposed to feel sorry his family has treated him like the joke he is, despite all the terrible things he's done. Ron has a thing about redeeming villains, for some reason.

Then there's Eric, who is supposed to be a good guy but yikes. Friggin' Ciara jumps in the face of anyone who dares to say her serial killer boyfriend isn't safe to be around (plus that same serial killer's living victims are starting to change their tune about him). And of course, there's your example with Lani. It doesn't help that so many characters had to be dumbed down for this pacemaker thing to be told, but what the heck is going on that they can't figure out how to write correctly for the protagonists vs. the antagonists?

Edited by QueenSerena
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

How can the writing be this off the mark?

Is that a trick question?

Or are you perhaps looking for a more detailed and cogent answer than "... because they're TERRIBLE, that's why!"

Edited to add: Ooh, looks like QueenSerena has Option #2 covered already.

Edited by Sandman
Credit to QS.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi wasn't that selfless she brought it up when JJ was rightfully suspicious of her gaslighting Abby acting wounded that he would think such of thing of her after what she did for him.

Lani and Gabi are both terrible for different reasons. Between the two Gabi is far easier to take.

Regardless I hate that JJ is in this storyline in general for a variety of reasons but he also doesn't fit in this story not when for the past year he barely interacted with these people till now. If they want to create stakes for these lame stories of theirs they need to actually have a real buildup and they don't...

True. Be that as it may however, JJ should know his sister is not infallible she provoked Gabi by sending her to prison for a crime she didn't commit if Abby didn't want to be gaslighted then maybe she shouldn't have gone around framing people for murder and being an all around judgmental twat, if JJ wants to stick up for his sister fine. But don't enable her or make excuses he knows what she did. Like he knows what Gabi did in response. As for Lani this is the chick he cheated on Gabi with, maybe he should stay out of it even if he doesn't agree. They both did her wrong. But if JJ is the one that put this storyline to rest, then so be it they just need to hurry it up before I start disliking him the way I dislike the rest of his family. I really don't want to do that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So, instead of taking Gabi's phone so it could have the app disabled or, for crying out loud - TELL ELI, he just played around and tried to guess Gabi's passwords so that she can walk back in and see what he is doing and put him on alert??? JJ is (was) smarter the that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

In a way it makes sense for JJ to help Lani.  It’s a distraction.  I doubt he wants to be around his family in his state.  I do think Abby cares about him and sees through any Bs if he tries to say he is fine.  
Jennifer has always been very involved with her kid’s so her not at least visiting JJ doesn’t make sense. 
 Lani doesn’t seem to care about JJ at all.  A man she use to love.  Eli should more concern than Lani.  I was extremely disappointed in her. 

From that POV I get why JJ would be helping I prefer he not I rather he be a jerk and tell her to go fuck herself.

Nice guy losers are just that.

Its funny Lani has no regard for JJ considering the lengths she went through to get him in the first place.. Lani wants what she can't have.. she always seems to want Eli or someone else when they're taken.. yet that's never addressed as to why. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

True. Be that as it may however, JJ should know his sister is not infallible she provoked Gabi by sending her to prison for a crime she didn't commit if Abby didn't want to be gaslighted then maybe she shouldn't have gone around framing people for murder and being an all around judgmental twat, if JJ wants to stick up for his sister fine. But don't enable her or make excuses he knows what she did. Like he knows what Gabi did in response. As for Lani this is the chick he cheated on Gabi with, maybe he should stay out of it even if he doesn't agree. They both did her wrong. But if JJ is the one that put this storyline to rest, then so be it they just need to hurry it up before I start disliking him the way I dislike the rest of his family. I really don't want to do that.

Yet Gabi is cool with Stefan who helped frame her and showed no real remorse for it Abby apologized even if it wasn't that sincere to me that's more than Stefan but hey he's her "true love" who's heart she's using to blow Julie up for kicks. I can't take Gabi seriously here if she hates Abby for the exact same thing Stefan did to her and has no mental illness excuse to fall back on. If Gabi hates Abby for other reasons (like Chad etc) that would make more sense to me but that's not the case.

Besides Gabi never was into JJ that much putting aside the fact he was too drunk to remember anything with Lani. I find it gross to shame him for that when if the roles were reversed JJ would be labeled a rapist. Same with Eli however Gabi hating Lani over that and getting revenge afterwards makes more sense than Gabi getting revenge on Lani after her 5 second relationship with Stefan a dude she only married to steal his money and company in the first place. She was always more fixate on Chad than either of those guys.

The only saving grace of Stabi is that the actors had chemistry and played well off each other nothing from a writing standpoint made Stabi a viable pair to me at least.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Trust me, Gabi hasn't forgotten it. But, Lani killed Stefan because the idiot jumped in front of her gun while in the middle of committing a crime. Lani did not deserve Gabi's vengeance considering her beloved husband was in the wrong. It struck me watching the show the other day how similar Gabi and Julie are in their misplaced hatred. I get that Julie loved Nick but he was a horrible person who did horrible things to Gabi. Just because she loved Nick didn't mean she had any right to continually attack Gabi for years for killing him. Same with Gabi here. Her love for Stefan doesn't mean he was some innocent victim here or that Lani, or even Julie, deserves what she's doing right now. Cry me a fucking river for Gabi.

5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It's not off the mark for me. I'm relishing Lani getting revenge on Gabi. I find it kind of ridiculous that more people seem to be up in arms about Lani committing vandalism and lying to her dad but are totally cool with Gabi threatening murder. Also, she had Eli humiliated in the worst possible way and laughed at the idea of his pain and then proceeds to enter into a relationship with him while still threatening to kill his grandmother. And yet, we're supposed to feel any sympathy for Gabi and worry about her lies blowing up in her face. Screw that. I'm fine with any way Lani chooses to get revenge on Gabi. Lani isn't an absolute favorite of mine but the hatred towards this character has always seemed disproportionate and kind of makes me root for her especially when she's up against a gross character like Gabi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

True. Be that as it may however, JJ should know his sister is not infallible she provoked Gabi by sending her to prison for a crime she didn't commit if Abby didn't want to be gaslighted then maybe she shouldn't have gone around framing people for murder and being an all around judgmental twat, if JJ wants to stick up for his sister fine. But don't enable her or make excuses he knows what she did. Like he knows what Gabi did in response. As for Lani this is the chick he cheated on Gabi with, maybe he should stay out of it even if he doesn't agree.

Abby was mentally ill. She didn't go around gaslighting anyone for shits and giggles. And unlike Gabi, Abby actually apologized for what she did. JJ should stick up for his sister when someone is drugging her while pregnant and trying to ruin her life purposefully. Especially when stupid Gabi tried to make JJ feel awful when he called her on her lies knowing full well he was right about what she was doing.

He should stay out of it? Maybe so if Gabi and Lani were simply squabbling over a guy but Gabi is threatening to MURDER someone JJ loves. of course he's not just going to stay out of it.

35 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet Gabi is cool with Stefan who helped frame her and showed no real remorse for it Abby apologized even if it wasn't that sincere to me that's more than Stefan but hey he's her "true love" who's heart she's using to blow Julie up for kicks. I can't take Gabi seriously here if she hates Abby for the exact same thing Stefan did to her and has no mental illness excuse to fall back on. If Gabi hates Abby for other reasons (like Chad etc) that would make more sense to me but that's not the case.

This! If Gabi was cool with Stefan after what he purposely did to her then she should be over what Abby did.

• Love 9

I was hoping that JJ would accidentally blow up Julie's heart fooling around with Gabi's phone.

Boom goes Julie in the middle of Horton Square!

That's some drama I can get behind.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Root for a woman who slept around with two of Gabi's men and killed the third one.  Not happening,.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

From that POV I get why JJ would be helping I prefer he not I rather he be a jerk and tell her to go fuck herself.

Nice guy losers are just that.

Its funny Lani has no regard for JJ considering the lengths she went through to get him in the first place.. Lani wants what she can't have.. she always seems to want Eli or someone else when they're taken.. yet that's never addressed as to why. 

Right.  Until Lani found out that Eli was with Gabi she never gave him a thought.  She was content being a nun,.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Abby was mentally ill. She didn't go around gaslighting anyone for shits and giggles. And unlike Gabi, Abby actually apologized for what she did. JJ should stick up for his sister when someone is drugging her while pregnant and trying to ruin her life purposefully. Especially when stupid Gabi tried to make JJ feel awful when he called her on her lies knowing full well he was right about what she was doing

I and other people have said this, but I will repeat myself Abby having mental illness does NOT let her off the hook. Period. I knew Abby had a mental illness when I said what I said and I still feel that way. It provides explanation and maybe even insight but not an excuse she's an adult, not a 12 year old girl. She was still wrong as hell and her misdeeds cannot be swept under rug with "oops I'm sick in the head so if you hold me accountable for my actions then you're a monster lol" Yeah, no. People get this when it comes to Ben but not Abby and I have no idea why. Gabi could have trauma after almost getting raped and beaten within an inch of her life but since it's Gabi no one cares. Abby is not that sorry since not too long ago she said Gabi lashes out when she "gets her feeling hurt" completely and utterly invaliding any pain she or anyone else may have caused Gabi in the past. So idc what sob story Abby has she can keep it. Won't faze me one bit. I also already said that JJ sticking up for his sister was fine he probably should even if she is obnoxious. What I don't like is Abby being made out to be this poor little victim who did nothing wrong ever. She is not without blame. 

Makes me wonder that if Gabi turned up with a mental illness and said it was her alter "Abbi" and put on a wig would she given the same amount coddling and excuses? Would Julie and Lani be made to feel that they had to get over what Gabi did to them? I wonder......

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

This! If Gabi was cool with Stefan after what he purposely did to her then she should be over what Abby did.

I chalk up the whole Stabi thing as rushed writing they really could've handled it better(ya know like everything else lol) and she doesn't have to forgive Abby if she doesn't want to. Just like Abby doesn't have to forgive Gabi for what she did. I don't care if she stays mad forever, she's within her right to as much as Gabi is.

I know Gabi has done bad things however I'm not down for dogging her out like she's the only person ever on DOOL to do shitty things to people. Or that this is the worst thing that any character on DOOL has ever, ever done in the history of soap opera television. 

I'm sorry if some Gabi fans annoy you I keep to myself mostly and do my thing, but maybe keep scrolling next time if certain posts bother you that much. For the forums sake. 🙂 

Have a Great Night! 👍

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I'm not rooting for either Lani or Gabi. Lani could have come clean to Eli before the wedding day. She has zero proof that Gabi has any sort of App that could kill Julie. JJ should not be messing with the phone or any Apps. It was interesting that the Pacemaker's battery life is poor. Maybe Kayla can just switch to another one and problem solved. The App goes nowhere, Lani has no case, and everyone is back to square one.

So John, no spidey sense that your old pardner Steve just shows up in town with Hope and now you are off to Europe to hunt for Stefano? No red flags with his out of nowhere appearance, his behaving a bit oddly? At least Rafe has a few Salem Brain cells working and is suspicious of both Hope and Steve Johnson.

What is HoGina going to do with Stevano gone?

Kristen, there was no need to drag Gabi to Basic Black or Gabi Chic or wherever you went to make her sign some papers.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I'm not rooting for either Lani or Gabi. Lani could have come clean to Eli before the wedding day. She has zero proof that Gabi has any sort of App that could kill Julie. JJ should not be messing with the phone or any Apps. It was interesting that the Pacemaker's battery life is poor. Maybe Kayla can just switch to another one and problem solved. The App goes nowhere, Lani has no case, and everyone is back to square one.

Yep they're both awful for different reasons. Gabi is easier to take for me between the two because at least she's proactive even if I find her rather unwatchable at least we know she's terrible. Lani we're supposed to think she's a selfless individual rather than a passive aggressive twit who lacks any self awareness.

That being said Eli should hate both of them but he'll hate Gabi as he should but he should also hate Lani for keeping this from him for a year about his own grandmother and not trusting him with this. Yet she can trust JJ and Kristen instead of him?  He won't though he won't be allowed a POV and Lani will be treated as some sort of selfless heroine rather than the idiot that she truly is. 

That should make Eli question the level of trust etc between them but it won't. They'll be shoved to the backburner after this.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

The show has not been shown much here. Lots of breaking news going on.   The one scene I did catch was Rafe and Steve.  Rafe seemed to have a feeling something was off with Steve.  

Consider yourself fortunate.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I can't take Gabi seriously here if she hates Abby for the exact same thing Stefan did to her and has no mental illness excuse to fall back on. If Gabi hates Abby for other reasons (like Chad etc) that would make more sense to me but that's not the case.

Who we forgive and what feel isn't logic-based or a mathematical equation we can solve. My sister will come over and steal my food and yet I'm less irritated by her than my coworker who wants to give me stuff. (I already said I don't want more trinkets, darnit!) What my sister does is technically "worse" but that isn't how my brain processes things.

So I think it makes perfect sense that Gabi would forgive him/think differently about him as they got to know one another more and their relationship evolved. He turned into someone who loved her, supported her,  wasn't fazed much by her shenanigans and believed her when she said she thought Julie was faking her heart attack.  Her own brother didn't even do that.

Her relationship with Abby didn't do that.  They didn't like one another when they were doing bad things to one another.  They reached a detente before Abby left but a detente isn't liking one another or seeing value in them the way she learned to see value in Stefan. Now they are at odds again over Dimera and living together just exacerbates it all.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Rafe seemed to have a feeling something was off with Steve.  

Well of course he would of all people, not people who know Steve the best.

What is Stevano and Gina's plan here?  How are they planning to keep the knowledge that John/Marlena aren't dead from each other---just never have either one return to Salem?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

I and other people have said this, but I will repeat myself Abby having mental illness does NOT let her off the hook. Period. I knew Abby had a mental illness when I said what I said and I still feel that way. It provides explanation and maybe even insight but not an excuse she's an adult, not a 12 year old girl. She was still wrong as hell and her misdeeds cannot be swept under rug with "oops I'm sick in the head so if you hold me accountable for my actions then you're a monster lol" Yeah, no. People get this when it comes to Ben but not Abby and I have no idea why. Gabi could have trauma after almost getting raped and beaten within an inch of her life but since it's Gabi no one cares. Abby is not that sorry since not too long ago she said Gabi lashes out when she "gets her feeling hurt" completely and utterly invaliding any pain she or anyone else may have caused Gabi in the past. So idc what sob story Abby has she can keep it. Won't faze me one bit. I also already said that JJ sticking up for his sister was fine he probably should even if she is obnoxious. What I don't like is Abby being made out to be this poor little victim who did nothing wrong ever. She is not without blame. 

Makes me wonder that if Gabi turned up with a mental illness and said it was her alter "Abbi" and put on a wig would she given the same amount coddling and excuses? Would Julie and Lani be made to feel that they had to get over what Gabi did to them? I wonder......

I chalk up the whole Stabi thing as rushed writing they really could've handled it better(ya know like everything else lol) and she doesn't have to forgive Abby if she doesn't want to. Just like Abby doesn't have to forgive Gabi for what she did. I don't care if she stays mad forever, she's within her right to as much as Gabi is.

I know Gabi has done bad things however I'm not down for dogging her out like she's the only person ever on DOOL to do shitty things to people. Or that this is the worst thing that any character on DOOL has ever, ever done in the history of soap opera television. 

I'm sorry if some Gabi fans annoy you I keep to myself mostly and do my thing, but maybe keep scrolling next time if certain posts bother you that much. For the forums sake. 🙂 

Have a Great Night! 👍

To me having a genuine mental illness (which I don't believe Ben actually has) does mitigate a lot of what Abigail did because she was practically literally not in her right mind. She didn't hurt Gabi for shits and giggles. Unlike Gabi, she didn't get off on other's pain. It's not about "oops I'm sick in the head so if you hold me accountable for my actions then you're a monster lol" that's an extreme oversimplification. Abby would have been fine if Gabi hated her for the rest of her days. It's the things she did to get revenge (the things she's doing now) that make her a monster. If Abby having a mental illness means nothing to you that's fine. If Gabi was traumatized by her time in prison and went about that in a different way, I would have felt some sympathy for her, but she set about to hurt innocent people - not just Abigail, but her children and JJ and Chad. JJ and Chad, two people she professed to care for but didn't bat an eye at causing them pain. To use your point about Abby, Gabi is not without blame.

Gabi doesn't have to forgive Abigail, but it makes her look hella hypocritical if she holds this grudge against Abby for doing the same thing that the supposed love of her life did. It's actually worse since Stefan did it with malice and sound mind and had no remorse over it. Even when he and Gabi got all lovey-dovey, I don't remember Stefan ever apologizing.

If Gabi turned up with a a valid mental illness (and wasn't just faking) would she be coddled by her loved ones? Probably. Gabi just doesn't have as many loved ones on the show as Abby does. But Rafe barely said anything to Gabi over what she did and Will and Sonny (who are both related to Abby) I don't think said a negative word to her about it. Other than losing JJ and Chad's friendships, Gabi lost nothing after it was discovered what she did to Abigail so this idea that Abby skates but Gabi is perpetually punished I think is false as well. I've heard nothing about Camille Banus leaving the show, so I'm guessing when it's discovered she's been threatening to blow up a woman's heart she won't be going to jail. 

Did I ever say that what Gabi did or is doing is the worst thing ever in the history of soaps or she's the only one to ever do wrong on DOOL? No. I've dogged out plenty of characters I think are just as sick and horrible as Gabi - Ben, Xander, Kristen, Stefano, etc. I think Gabi threatening to blow up an old woman's heart is sick and twisted and I will continue to say so. This post tonight was directly about a point related to this Gabi/Lani story. For the forums sake, please don't act like a board mod. If debate bothers you or people dogging out Gabi bothers you, take your own advice and scroll on by. You have a great night as well! 😁

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Who we forgive and what feel isn't logic-based or a mathematical equation we can solve. My sister will come over and steal my food and yet I'm less irritated by her than my coworker who wants to give me stuff. (I already said I don't want more trinkets, darnit!) What my sister does is technically "worse" but that isn't how my brain processes things.

So I think it makes perfect sense that Gabi would forgive him/think differently about him as they got to know one another more and their relationship evolved. He turned into someone who loved her, supported her,  wasn't fazed much by her shenanigans and believed her when she said she thought Julie was faking her heart attack.  Her own brother didn't even do that.

Her relationship with Abby didn't do that.  They didn't like one another when they were doing bad things to one another.  They reached a detente before Abby left but a detente isn't liking one another or seeing value in them the way she learned to see value in Stefan. Now they are at odds again over Dimera and living together just exacerbates it all.

That's the thing before Abby returned (via Marci Miller) Gabi and Abby weren't enemies in fact they were friends(as implausible as that should be considering her role in Jack's elevator fall that's glossed over but I digress). They didn't have this long standing rivalry that Sami/Nicole did(after their friendship ended).

Gabi vs Abby didn't really start until Gabi/Chad became an item.  Even then there was no real hatred at least on Abby's end. If they were enemies before that it would've made more sense to me that Gabi still hated her for the same thing Stefan did .. however that's not how its written.

Stefan didn't show any remorse for what he did so that's why I can't take Gabi seriously.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The whole Gabi and abby rivalry is so unbalanced it gets brought up about what Gabi did to Abby but nothing about what saint abby did to Gabi that's my problem and they have both done shitty things to each other please Gabi is one of the few characters that actually pays I mean she certainly pays more than Kristen and Kate does.She spent more time in prison for abbys crime while abby got a pat on the head as usual while Gabi got beat to death can't have anymore kids and her daughter hating on her.I have no doubt Gabi will be the pariah again  when her schemes come out which I'll be happy about since she will be out of this stupid storyline and can hopefully something not interesting 

Edited by Harmony233
Add something
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep they're both awful for different reasons. Gabi is easier to take for me between the two because at least she's proactive even if I find her rather unwatchable at least we know she's terrible. Lani we're supposed to think she's a selfless individual rather than a passive aggressive twit who lacks any self awareness.

Yes, that's it in a nutshell--the show seems to want us to see Lani as some sort of self-sacrificing heroine and all I see is a gutless coward who hid away in a convent for a year rather then fighting to get her life back.  

And we all know that Gabi and Abigail hurt each other but Abs'seems to now think that "Gabi turns vicious when her feelings are hurt,"--apparently Abs has completely erased her role in tearing apart Gabi's life but we're never supposed to forget what Gabi did to her.  

No one exists in a vacuum and this idea that Gabi's actions against Abs in the past and Lani now are completely out of the blue is insulting to the pain that Gabi has gone through.  Lani and Gabi have hurt each other but again,only Lani's pain seems to matter.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And yet, we're supposed to feel any sympathy for Gabi and worry about her lies blowing up in her face. 

Are we? I feel it's obvious they want us to feel for Lani and root for her to expose Gabi's lies. But it can be hard to tell what the writer's are really going for since they, you know, suck as writers lol.

12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Rafe seemed to have a feeling something was off with Steve. 

I swear, if they have Rafe be the one to expose Steve and Hope as Stefano and Gina I will, well actually I'll laugh for days tbh.

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

To me having a genuine mental illness (which I don't believe Ben actually has) does mitigate a lot of what Abigail did because she was practically literally not in her right mind.

Why is Abby's mental illness legitimate and Ben's not? They're both bullshit ways the writers tried to make us feel sorry for a couple of assholes lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12