Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The end with Philip was pretty creepy.  Also, today was the first time ever that I enjoyed Ava.  Go figure.

The black cat yesterday was so beautiful!  Reminded me of my black kitty who passed away a couple of years ago at the ripe old age of 18.  He was the only cat I've ever had who would fling a toy up in the air himself in order to play catch.  My other cats expect me to do half the work at play time, lol.

Hopefully SuCat will be able to escape from MarDevil.  Ron hasn't had a talking animal on Days yet, has he?  On OLTL he had a dog that was able to communicate with a baby.  It was ridiculous but that dog had some of the best lines of the show.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Hopefully SuCat will be able to escape from MarDevil.  Ron hasn't had a talking animal on Days yet, has he?  On OLTL he had a dog that was able to communicate with a baby.  It was ridiculous but that dog had some of the best lines of the show.

😶

...and doesn't that say a lot about his priorities as a headwriter...

• LOL 11
24 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Little David Vickers!!  LOL.  Tina's little dog.  I still miss OLTL.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

And that reminds me of the JER days of this show when a day would literally stretch out for months on screen. I seem to remember one year where Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve were all the same 'day', lol.

In my old newsgroup days, I used to keep track! It got insane. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gwen and Xander are adorable.

They really are!

I forgot to comment on yesterday's scene with Ben and Ciara.  The way he had his arm draped around her, and the smug look he gave Theo when Ciara conveniently dropped the baby book in front of him, was so strange.  It's like neither one of them can help but be smug.  I will never understand this soap's infatuation with Ben.

• Love 10

Abby going to check on Jack is appalling. He defended Gwen over and over, he believed her lies over and over. Turned his back on Abby yet Abby is checking on him.

Then also asking him to forgive Gwen and now Jack suddenly cares about Gwen drugging her, breaking up her marriage etc.  He never cared before.

Abby only has a backbone with KM. 

Xander should be ceo. Free him from Gwen and have more interaction with family.

I get Victors logic. Chloe > Kristen. So Phillip deserves better but for Brady Chloe is better. 😂

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

Gwen, how are you in love with Xander? You've spent time together but you know he still misses Sarah.

Trask, you make far too many deals to keep these people out of jail. Granted, there is probably one jail cell in the show and it is going to get crowded.

I enjoyed Ava today. She's fiery and spunky and didn't like Gabi and Jake.

Philip, deal with your demons. You had no business ripping the tree out of the ground and throwing it. The actor's expression was weird. You could at least have gone Hulk and turned green.

I liked Chloe still sanitizing the conference table.

Xander, good luck in dealing with Jack. You two do have an odd friendship that works.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Gwen, how are you in love with Xander? You've spent time together but you know he still misses Sarah.

I can already see the template now if Sarah does return, either via Linsey Godfrey or a recast. Krazy Kristen will spill the beans about Sarah to Gwen. Gwen will try to hide said info, blah, blah, blah.

Scintillating. For 1952.

For all those that say Saturday morning cartoons are no longer a thing, I say watch current Days in the slot. And one would be proven wrong!

• LOL 9

I would back off and let things happen naturally. If Sarah hadn’t been kidnapped, would Xander have looked at her at all? Sarah vanished and unless Kristen or her hired goons kept her accounts and actions alive, people have noticed. Find some sort of job and do things with your life. If you and Xander are meant to be more than a fling because his options and free will were taken away from him, you will eventually get together.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I would back off and let things happen naturally. If Sarah hadn’t been kidnapped, would Xander have looked at her at all? Sarah vanished and unless Kristen or her hired goons kept her accounts and actions alive, people have noticed. Find some sort of job and do things with your life. If you and Xander are meant to be more than a fling because his options and free will were taken away from him, you will eventually get together.

And, if not, put Gwen back with Jake and let them be blah together. Then Gabi can transfer her loathing to Abby's unfortunate kin. Win-win for everyone.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And, if not, put Gwen back with Jake and let them be blah together. Then Gabi can transfer her loathing to Abby's unfortunate kin. Win-win for everyone.

Not me. Jake ruins women I once liked, I don't want him near Gwen. Although, he used to be tolerable with her. But I don't wanna test it!

• Love 3

So now the devil is possessing Susan and their speaking in the scary voice....with the god-awful Southern accent.

I did enjoy Trask rubbing it in Kristen's face that Brady refuses to see her--I guess he's over the whole "Kristen's changed" crapfest.  I guess that just paves the way for Kristen and Lani to get together :)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Abby going to check on Jack is appalling. He defended Gwen over and over, he believed her lies over and over. Turned his back on Abby yet Abby is checking on him.

Then also asking him to forgive Gwen and now Jack suddenly cares about Gwen drugging her, breaking up her marriage etc.  He never cared before.

Sooooo much this!  Even though I generally prefer MM's Abigail, I do wish KM were around just to read filth to Jack over ALL the crap Gwen pulled (drugging Abigail, trying to ruin J&J's marriage, Chad, miscarriage lie). 

I guess similar to Hope on the Bold and the Beautiful, Abigail occupies the "must ALWAYS forgive so-and-so no matter what - period - full stop". 

• Love 3

I had read a spoiler that ED had filmed something, but didn't know what, or when it would air, so the cliffhanger was a surprise.

Enjoyed seeing the kitty again.  And LOL'd at Susan rubbing up against John's legs, and grooming herself. 

The rest was a snooze fest, for me. 

• Love 9

Call me confused, but is Eileen playing Kristin supposed to be a younger Kristin and thus will temp John into adultery vs Stacey's Kristin who he sees every day and who has been bedding his son for years? I get the difference to the viewers but shouldn't it be Kristin either way to the characters???  Isn't John long over Kristin in general?  After all, Eileen's Kristin is still the one who raped Eric. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I'm over Abigail again now that she's acting like she's some delicate, lovely little flower. Please. 

So, The Devil thinks John will just fuck Kristen? Like why in the world would he lol? Maybe The Devil should have possessed John and then conjured up a Kristen figure for himself to fuck and let Marlena catch them. That would probably have worked out. I can't wait to see how they explain ED as Kristen. None of this makes any sense. And I enjoy every fucking second of it lol.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Days is such a cartoon anymore. RC has really ruined it even more. Granted Days always been different than the other soaps since the late 80’s and following Passions cancellation. I guess you just have to take it for what it is. I think I had ED was supposed to come back but I had forgotten about so it was a nice surprise to see her. I guess it gives SH a break because even Eileen said it's too exhausting playing all the characters at once. I thought Drake looked great with his gray scruff. I was beginning wonder if he was going to look cleaned shaven through the whole thing. LOL!!! I hope MarDevil is resolved before Christmas because I like my Horton Christmas to be trouble free. Also, I thought the scenes between Mathew Ashford and Paul Telfer were well done.

I do wish the show would go back to being a “traditional” soap. They really don’t need Zombies and the Devil Part 2. You have some good actors who would be fine without all this added junk. IMO!!!! Some viewers might love it. I’m just old and miss the good ole days of Salem. Have a nice weekend y’all.

• Love 12

Wouldn't the Salemites be confused about two different versions of Kristen running amok? I agee with the poster that the Devil could just pretend to be Brady or something who will then want to be with Kristen and then change in to John as Marlena walks in.

Maybe the Devil will take Susan shopping for some better clothes, get her a better hairstyle, etc. And go back to the dentures she wore as pretend Kristen. But then again, it seems to be plotting these really convoluted plans that have so much ability to go wrong.

I did like Susan grooming herself and clinging on to John like a cat. Didn't think it was that easy to evict the Devil.

Abigail, you are a bit tiring. You've done a lot of crap toward other people.

Xander was right in that Jack has been forgiven many times for what he has done. And now he 'loves' Gwen? They hardly know each other. Have they gone out on an actual date and spent time together?

Yeah, Kristen II, Gwen may or may not be the partner in crime you want her to be - to uh, get you off. Trask is still going to find a way to keep the million bucks.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought Drake looked great with his gray scruff. I was beginning wonder if he was going to look cleaned shaven through the whole thing. LOL!!!

He's been chained up long enough to grow facial hair but somehow hasn't had to use the bathroom!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Xander was right in that Jack has been forgiven many times for what he has done.

So has Gwen.  By Jack.  Many times.  

Xander and Gwen are stupid to think that Jack is somehow being inflexible, judgmental, or hypocritical because he's tired of Gwen's shit.  I mean, how DARE he?  He's given this virtual stranger multiple chances to not lie to his face and stop attacking his other child and she continues to selfishly do what's best for her.  The AUDACITY of him to expect basic decency from someone who has done horrible, vicious things to him and his family.

What more do they want from him?  He brushed aside her trying to KILL his other child.  He let her get away with trying to keep him away from the love of his life who he's already spent so much time separated from.  Her sad, sad, story doesn't somehow entitle her to some free pass to just treat people however she wants with impunity.

In addition to the "well Jack has done bad things too" Jack's rape of Kayla has been thrown out as another reason he shouldn't be mad at Gwen.  I was surprised Xander didn't think to use that as the ultimate low blow.  Yeah, Jack's done bad things.  The worst being over 30 years ago where he actually had to SUFFER some consequences.  That's the difference here.  He's paid his dues and actually learned from his mistakes. 

Xander and Gwen seem to think she can do whatever she wants, offer a half-assed apology, and all should be forgiven and she shouldn't have to suffer any consequences for her actions.

Jack was hated by most of Salem for YEARS after what he did to Kayla.  He stopped being the nasty person he was and actually TRIED to change and be a better person.  He's had to suffer consequences for his latest indiscretions as well.  He cheated on his wife and had to live with the fact she didn't want to be with him for a while and would have had to deal with it if she'd decided to end their marriage over that betrayal.

Gwen isn't special.  She isn't immune from the consequences of her actions just because Jack, or Abigail, have "done some bad things too."  If she wants Jack to not be mad, then stop lying to him.  Accept that he isn't going to cut Abigail out of his life just for you.  She's still blaming Abigail for all her life's problems instead of accepting responsibility for herself.  

Xander needed to keep his mouth shut.  It's easy to be all righteous when you aren't the one being lied to daily for over a year and it's not your loved ones being attacked.  But just wait a bit Xander.  I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune once Gwen lies to you about something important.  I can't wait until someone reminds YOU, that "you've done bad things too," so you can't be mad.  

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Xander and Gwen are stupid to think that Jack is somehow being inflexible, judgmental, or hypocritical because he's tired of Gwen's shit.  I mean, how DARE he?  He's given this virtual stranger multiple chances to not lie to his face and stop attacking his other child and she continues to selfishly do what's best for her.  The AUDACITY of him to expect basic decency from someone who has done horrible, vicious things to him and his family.

It's like a bank account.  When Jack wanted forgiveness for his past misdeeds, he had to keep doing things to try to make up for them.  He kept making deposits until his victims felt he had done enough for them to give him another chance.

And he kept making deposits as a husband, father, brother, and friend so that the next time he screwed up, he had something to draw from.  He still had to work for forgiveness but there was usually built up cache with those who needed to forgive him.

Gwen hasn't made any deposits.  She has only claimed victimhood. 

Xander trying to weaponize Jack's previous mistakes, which haven't really impacted Gwen or Xander, as a guilt mechanism is ridiculous.  It just goes to show how shallow and kind of awful they both are.

(And I usually like Xander.)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 15

The lengths Ron will go to in order to prop his precious Gwen is breathtaking. Gwen can lie, cheat, cause chaos, but because others have done bad...she shouldn't be called out on HER shit?

Get out of here with that shit already.

Gwen screws over everyone. It'll be interesting to see what happens when/if she does it to Xander, her true love...

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Devil is an idiot lol. 

I know! And this is supposed to be what makes Marlena more devastated than killing her? Of course, she will know/believe that this was set up. She would never believe that this happened organically. Idiot, indeed!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Still not getting it. John isn't gonna fuck Kristen willingly. The Devil is an idiot lol. 

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I know! And this is supposed to be what makes Marlena more devastated than killing her? Of course, she will know/believe that this was set up. She would never believe that this happened organically. Idiot, indeed!

Gross!  Why would John want to sex up someone his son was in love with not too long ago, and someone who is the MOTHER of his own granddaughter?!?!  If MarDevil used her powers to MAKE John do this, it would make sense.  But DOOL wants us to believe John would voluntarily have sex with Kristen?!?! Get the eff outta here.

• Love 13

I don’t think John will sleep with DevilKristen, but I do think she will succeed in tempting him. But his love for Marlena will win out.

Also, John almost slept with Kristen in 2013, and this was after he knew all the horrible things she did to his family. 

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

This will be about temptation, not actual consummation. Kristen is the only women John ever turned his brain off for. (Stefano did it for him with Princess Gina...and I don't even remember what the deal was with him and Kate)

So weird seeing two actresses playing the same character in one episode....but I'm just happy to see ED again.

• Love 6

😆 Oh come now....it's waaay better acting than that. She won an Emmy for that scene! I know you've seen it. It's amazing.

.....don't go baiting me like dat! 🤣🤣🤣 I rebuke you, in the name of Eileen!

Oh, quick note to the production - maybe before you film people getting thrown against walls, make sure said walls won't wiggle, wobble or cave in.

Just a thought.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

This will be about temptation, not actual consummation. Kristen is the only women John ever turned his brain off for. (Stefano did it for him with Princess Gina...and I don't even remember what the deal was with him and Kate)

He and Kate got together when they both thought that Marlena and Roman were dead. I think he also had a thing with Ava when he came back for the dead and had no memories of being John Black.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So weird seeing two actresses playing the same character in one episode....but I'm just happy to see ED again.

Yet its not the strangest thing Days has done they had the OG Roman, John and Current Roman in scenes together a few years back.

• Love 3
On 11/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, KBrownie said:

What more do they want from him?  He brushed aside her trying to KILL his other child.  He let her get away with trying to keep him away from the love of his life who he's already spent so much time separated from.  Her sad, sad, story doesn't somehow entitle her to some free pass to just treat people however she wants with impunity.

In addition to the "well Jack has done bad things too" Jack's rape of Kayla has been thrown out as another reason he shouldn't be mad at Gwen.  I was surprised Xander didn't think to use that as the ultimate low blow.  Yeah, Jack's done bad things.  The worst being over 30 years ago where he actually had to SUFFER some consequences.  That's the difference here.  He's paid his dues and actually learned from his mistakes. 

Xander and Gwen seem to think she can do whatever she wants, offer a half-assed apology, and all should be forgiven and she shouldn't have to suffer any consequences for her actions.

Jack was hated by most of Salem for YEARS after what he did to Kayla.  He stopped being the nasty person he was and actually TRIED to change and be a better person.  He's had to suffer consequences for his latest indiscretions as well.  He cheated on his wife and had to live with the fact she didn't want to be with him for a while and would have had to deal with it if she'd decided to end their marriage over that betrayal.

Gwen isn't special.  She isn't immune from the consequences of her actions just because Jack, or Abigail, have "done some bad things too."  If she wants Jack to not be mad, then stop lying to him.  Accept that he isn't going to cut Abigail out of his life just for you.  She's still blaming Abigail for all her life's problems instead of accepting responsibility for herself.  

Xander needed to keep his mouth shut.  It's easy to be all righteous when you aren't the one being lied to daily for over a year and it's not your loved ones being attacked.  But just wait a bit Xander.  I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune once Gwen lies to you about something important.  I can't wait until someone reminds YOU, that "you've done bad things too," so you can't be mad.  

This times a million!

On 11/11/2021 at 8:57 PM, Artsda said:

I’m not sure how it’s appalling for her to forgive her father and check up on him. Yes, it was bad for Jack to forgive Gwen for almost killing her, but he had just discovered Gwen was his daughter and felt guilty about her sob story background, which she wielded like a weapon. 
Jack has apologized and is beating himself up over it. I can understand her being willing to forgive him. She knows how Jack feels about Gwen and doesn’t want her father unhappy, so suggested he try and forgive Gwen. It doesn’t mean she has no backbone. If she had no backbone, she wouldn’t have even bothered to blow up Gwen’s lies. And it’s not like she’s saying she has any plans to forgive Gwen any time soon.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:55 PM, norcalgal said:

Sooooo much this!  Even though I generally prefer MM's Abigail, I do wish KM were around just to read filth to Jack over ALL the crap Gwen pulled (drugging Abigail, trying to ruin J&J's marriage, Chad, miscarriage lie). 

I guess similar to Hope on the Bold and the Beautiful, Abigail occupies the "must ALWAYS forgive so-and-so no matter what - period - full stop". 

I think Abigail did already call Jack out about defending Gwen. And, if the writers want Abigail to forgive Jack that would be happening no matter who was playing Abigail.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:56 PM, Frozendiva said:

Xander was right in that Jack has been forgiven many times for what he has done. And now he 'loves' Gwen? They hardly know each other. Have they gone out on an actual date and spent time together?

I don’t know if they’ve gone out on any traditional dates, but I don’t think that’s required to fall in love with someone. They’ve spent plenty of time together and talked about their pasts and gotten to know each other. It’s not out there for them to have fallen in love.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet its not the strangest thing Days has done they had the OG Roman, John and Current Roman in scenes together a few years back.

That was when WN came back to the show to play Alex North and they used real Roman and Marlena scenes for fake flashbacks of Alex and Marlena.

• Love 4

How can Trask just keep Xander's money? It was entered as evidence and while the way he earned it was iffy, it was well known that he did and it was his. Surely he just needs to make it public to the police that it was not returned to him? Jack could write an article if he wasn't having a pity party right now. No matter what Xander put himself on the line for his daughter, and initially at least he did it as Jack's friend, not Gwen's boyfriend 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Whaaaa....??? 😅 Well gosh, that's not confusing at all!

Alex was a retcon husband, right?

Alex was a retcon.  The only  significant relationship that Marlena had in her backstory before coming to Salem was her college professor that she had had an affair with that led to heartbreak.  It is something that happens to a lot of young women, you get mixed up with the wrong guy that you had no business being with..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1