Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I missed the last 20 minutes, AGAIN, because the network felt the need to interrupt the show with news that could have waited for, well, the news. I’m so sick of it. If it isn’t world war 3 or comparable, save it. Anyway, a quick synoptic how it ended? Thanks 🙂

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Bold and the Beautiful today while getting ready to run errands, and the millionaires were eating Thanksgiving dinner with plates on their laps in the living room.  Stupidly, it's been bugging me all day that the producers couldn't even get these people a damn table. 

I feel like B&B must have at least 5 times the money Days has so this is really embarrassing lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like B&B must have at least 5 times the money Days has so this is really embarrassing lol.

Except for the pie Kayla carried in, there was no food on the table. Guess dinner wasn’t ready.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2021 at 7:05 AM, chediavolo said:

I missed the last 20 minutes, AGAIN, because the network felt the need to interrupt the show with news that could have waited for, well, the news. I’m so sick of it. If it isn’t world war 3 or comparable, save it. Anyway, a quick synoptic how it ended? Thanks 🙂

Steve broke into the crypt and found Susan covered in blood. Marlena crashed the Horton gathering and Doug outed her as Satan 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Except for the pie Kayla carried in, there was no food on the table. Guess dinner wasn’t ready.

I'm a little confused...wasn't this the same pie Kayla told Steve she left too long in the oven at their house when she baked it?  The pie Kayla carried into the Horton dining room looked perfect. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I'm a little confused...wasn't this the same pie Kayla told Steve she left too long in the oven at their house when she baked it?  The pie Kayla carried into the Horton dining room looked perfect. 

It didn't look perfect. It actually looked burnt on top. I missed the line about her leaving it in the oven too long so I wondered why they'd use a pie (probably fake) that was burnt. But wow, good for them, that's a really awesome attention to detail.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It didn't look perfect. It actually looked burnt on top. I missed the line about her leaving it in the oven too long so I wondered why they'd use a pie (probably fake) that was burnt. But wow, good for them, that's a really awesome attention to detail.

Granted, I didn't really scrutinize the pie, but in my quick glance it didn't look burned. And if so, wouldn't Kayla be embarrassed serving burnt food?  (That's rhetorical). Anyhoo, I'm glad more people are catching on to MarDevil.  I seriously hope this storyline ends soon.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t mind them not having food. They never eat it so I just get annoyed when it’s there.

Except for Lucas shoving fries in his mouth a few weeks ago when he had lunch with Kate/Philip. It stood out because it was so unusual. 

Edited by Panopticon
typo
  • Love 2

Nice to see the family gatherings infused with excitement this year.  Anna with the hatchet rocked, and Shawn flying across the table was unexpected. I wonder if BB did his own stunt? Although I really did want to see Shawn take her down to the station, call Rafe to fill him in, and book her as.... possessed? Or charge Satan for impersonating a psychiatrist? Does Salem have laws on the books for this kind of incident? I was only disappointed that no one called her Dr. Satan.  But Julie's "not today Satan" line was hilarious. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRFBev2N0TzNo41NPu-LD

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Except for Lucas shoving fries in his mouth a few weeks ago when he had lunch with Kate/Philip. It stood out because it was so unusual. 

Who knows if DOOL can afford craft services these days. Let the poor man eat!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Despite normally showing boring flashbacks from a day before, this time TPTB decided NOT to flashback Doug's cliffhanger declaration from Wednesday?   Or did I just manage to miss it.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:00 AM, MsTree said:

I'm guessing Susan stabbed herself.

You were right.  Good guess.

So now that the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, wonder what's gonna happen next? I'm tempted to search out spoilers, but will try to stay patient and just watch each day not knowing what to expect.  I did watch the Winter Promo that was released last week, and it made want to keep tuning in.  

I know there's not many of us Cin fans on this site, but I still like that they've managed to be a couple with more than 4 years of history.  Most of the other new couples barely last 4 months.  Though, maybe now that the show has the 2 year renewal, they can take the storylines slower.

Anyway looking forward to Monday to see how "Dr. Evans" is going to explain coming to check on the Cin baby, yet again.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I wonder if BB did his own stunt?

I don’t think so. The body that flew over the table looked much larger than BB’s does.

The episode was so fucking fun. It sucks that Ciara/Ben had to be on but I fast forwarded them so it’s like they weren’t there for me lol.

When MarDevil said ‘I’ve been inside your husband’ to Julie I literally lost it. I’m 12 and I don’t care!

I am so excited to see where this goes.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Despite normally showing boring flashbacks from a day before, this time TPTB decided NOT to flashback Doug's cliffhanger declaration from Wednesday?   Or did I just manage to miss it.

Didn’t stop them from showing flashbacks from CIN 🙄. And not even about baby Satan in Ciara’s belly. That would have at least made more sense 

54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don’t think so. The body that flew over the table looked much larger than BB’s does.

The episode was so fucking fun. It sucks that Ciara/Ben had to be on but I fast forwarded them so it’s like they weren’t there for me lol.

When MarDevil said ‘I’ve been inside your husband’ to Julie I literally lost it. I’m 12 and I don’t care!

I am so excited to see where this goes.

Agree! I’m enjoying this immensely! 👏🎬👏❤️😀

• Love 4

On one hand, Kayla and Belle how you gonna calmly leave MarDevil alone with Shawn, Doug, and Julie? It's the Devil who is powerful and up to no good!

On the other, Julie handled her defense of Doug just fine without Shawn's help, LOL. 'not today, Satan!'  Say what you want about Julie, but the woman has balls. She stood toe to toe with Satan and was ready to defend her beloved Doug for all the 'Days of her Lives' with every ounce of her being with her rosary and the power of love. I admit. I cheered. It may have been corny but MarDevil booked it out of there without killing them all off so there! SSH understands the assignment and is killing it!

Ben/Ciara. Yawn.

EJ and his momma Susan were so sweet. Even though they're both recasts I bought their bond and EJ was so shook and touched when he realized why she stabbed herself to try to sacrifice herself to protect him. Elvis needs to have her recuperate at the DiMera manse and tell everyone else to shove it. Can Nicole and Susan become buddies?  I'd like to believe that EJ would rain holy hell on MarDevil for what they put his mother through but I don't see him being able to take them. Now Julie and Paulina's mother on the other hand? I believe them teaming up could do a little damage. Trying to think who could complete the Power of 3 with those two. Susan? 

Anna all too ready to take on the role of Kristen was too funny. As was her being totally comfortable doing seduction scenes with EJ's ' 'John'. Anna with the axe and John going 'No, no, no!' was hilarious.  John needs to check himself snarking at Anna and Susan (earlier last week). Susan stabbed herself instead of killing him and Anna was the one who thought to bring an axe to cut his butt free. At least John did have a beat of respect and concern for Susan when he explained that Susan stabbed herself instead of him sacrificing herself for him and EJ.

• Love 14

I don't ever remember seeing Susan and EJ interact so that was sweet to watch. This version of EJ really does have a heart. I can't unsee Disney Boy's assertion that he looks like he could be Alison Sweeney's brother, though. Lol Also, can they just retcon Ben's background so that he's from Boston because RSW's Bawston accent keeps slipping in and it's distracting.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

Okay, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Susan as we have the same colorful sartorial tastes (although, I, with purple hair, am more the aging hippie type) but jeebus, did she have to say that to protect her baby boy, she'd "even vote Democrat"? Did they have to bring politics into this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My favorite part was seeing Shawn Douglas fly across the dinning table gain 10 pounds land on the floor and lose 10 pounds. 
    Is there a reason this devil can’t just kill some one ?  Julie was fearless when Mardevil was standing over her with s knife.   However I kind of expected mardevil do just stab her to shut her up. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, blitheone said:

Okay, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Susan as we have the same colorful sartorial tastes (although, I, with purple hair, am more the aging hippie type) but jeebus, did she have to say that to protect her baby boy, she'd "even vote Democrat"? Did they have to bring politics into this?

Ron is currently boasting about fighting to keep that line in on Twitter 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess it is easier for Mardevil to deal with the older folks than the younger Shawn and Belle. Julie was really selling the power of love and goodness. Thought Mardevil would try to shut her up.

Hope John was allowed to use the washroom before he took off to find Doc/Mardevil. At least the DiMeras could have let him have a shower first.

Anna wants to play Kristen and try to seduce EJ/John?

I enjoyed Shawn flying across the table. Those poor dishes! The annual holiday gain ten pounds and lose ten pounds.

EJ was pretty sweet to his mom. Somewhere he does have a heart. At least he did the right thing and help John and his mom. Thought Susan would have been bleeding all over the sofa, really.

Didn't need the 'vote Democrat' line. Unnecessary.

Won't Ben and Ciara think it is weird that Dr. Evans drops by so often and is so interested in their baby?

• Love 8

So the devil simply left after Julie talked about love.  That was dumb.    I wish they had played this straight and not for laughs.   Everyone standing around in the dining room as Marlena is the devil was weird.    I mean its the devil but no one really reacted like she was.  That's not on the actors but on the directors to give the actors something.   I really don't enjoy camp yet it seems all Ron cares about is getting the laugh. 

Steve and EJ's history was there for me when EJ thanked Steve.   

• Love 7

The show really think Ben and Ciara are special.  They are not an 80s Supercouple so the show needs to stop treating them as if they are.   They are terrible. The acting and the writing have ruined them 

ps. its the acting of VK who has ruined them. There's arrogance in everything she does now

• Love 11

I don't disagree but with so many people seemingly in his corner (and blowing smoke up his....ahem) RSW doesn't have to do much more than sit there comfortably as the show contorts itself to accommodate his awful character (and mediocre skills).

When you think about it, VK is in the more precarious position - I definitely think the show values him over her. So her playing up how awesome they are and gushing her way through all their scenes might be a reaction to that. Sure, she's Bo and Hope's kid, but the show does precious little with ShawnD and has made "why is he still here?" Ben the centre of everything. Yeah, they've accommodated her exits and returns...but what happens when they decide they'd rather have a new girl for Mr Perfect? It almost happened with Claire, remember? If I were her, I'd be acutely aware of the fact that I happen to be getting preferential treatment solely because I've been paired with the untouchable golden boy.

....which is absurd since I'm pretty sure she's a better actor than him. I saw hopeful signs when she first debuted. And I like the hair. She's just been lead down this path with the writing. It's sad.

She's like a dumber trashier version of Gabi now.

Sooooooo. Sigh. These last two episodes were....probably better if I was on drugs? I assume? Not that I use drugs but....believe me, there was enough WTFery to warrant them.

Belle and Kayla casually strolling out as vulnerable Julie and Doug are left in the presence of Satan...?

Susan idiotically stabbing herself with the knife, instead of using it to cut John free...?

Satan stupidly revealing himself to Paulina so she can go around town and blab about it...?

Satan handing a weapon to Susan and then just walking out of the crypt and expecting her to actually kill John...?

Look, I did think the scene between EJ and Susan in the hospital was sweet, but the lead-up was so absurd it really ruined the warm fuzzy feelings they were trying to conjure up. Was this the first time Susan and EJ actually had a scene together since he returned to the show months ago? Please refresh me on that because I can't remember them together prior to this. And in this scene, we have EJ casually laughing that his mother had been turned into a cat. "Oh Mom!" What the hell? Seriously, what in God's green earth is this shit

And no, Susan isn't brave for stabbing herself. She's an idiot. Use the weapon to help free your friend. But no....Ron wanted the pointless dramatic cliffhanger. With extra blood.

Why is Johnny suddenly going off to Italy with Chanel? If he spent the last few weeks so adamantly begging family members for money to film his stupid video shouldn't he be actually filming it?

And why am I sitting here listening to EJ - freaking EJ DiMera! - discussing how he's going to be acting as John Black in his idiotic son's idiotic cell phone movie reenactment of crap from 25 years ago? Isn't he a lawyer? And CEO? 

And why is Anna excited to possibly make out with EJ while playing Kristen, who was clearly 50 pounds lighter and 30 years younger than she is now? These people suddenly have nothing better to do than to make movies about the events that happened in their own families starring themselves?

Ron whatever you're smoking, put the pipe down, get some help and pass this show on to writers who actually care about character integrity or logic. This is just heaping piles of bullshit and I can't enjoy it. Although there are a few occasional good moments, like the glare Marlena gave everybody while she was being handcuffed. That was good. That's the kind of intensity I would have hoped for in this whole ridiculous storyline. But instead, we get 75 minutes of Julie standing there, screeching at the Devil about the power of love while waving some jade necklace beads in her face. Was there even a cross on that chain? If there was, I didn't see it.

Seriously, what kind of idiotic Satan is this? Satan could have easily killed John weeks ago. Or, if Satan really wanted to break John's heart, could have offed Marlena and just been done with it. 

And I have to say, as a human being with a heart, it was disgusting watching those moments between Julie and Doug. Real seniors are hurt all the time by doctors prescribing improper medications to sedate them. It really happens and this is not the way to sincerely delve into that subject.

I have said before that I have no desire to see the veterans who spent decades building this show and who are now in their 80s and 90s re-enacting scenes that could very well be their reality. It was so hard watching Caroline get dementia...and then get magically cured by a drug that gave her visions of the future. It was insulting to those who suffer from the disease. It was also insulting to the actress who had to play the victim of a disease that actually affected her in real life to the point where she couldn't even be on the show anymore. From what I heard, she died with dementia in real life. How nice, then, that they made her pretend to have it and be terrified of it on the show for her final weeks as Caroline. Really, quite sensitive of them. Bravo.

Are we now seeing a glimpse of what Bill and Susan may be faced with in a few short years or months? If so, is it fair to put them through having to act that out on the show? I definitely don't think so. I think it was cruel as hell to make SSH stare at Bill as if he was an invalid who had lost his mind and beg him to return to her. Just beyond cruel.

....have the people behind the scenes ever had the experience of trying to break through to an elderly loved one who may or may not remember them? It's fucking heartbreaking. Show some goddamn sensitivity DAYS. I'll bet a significant portion of your core audience is dealing with dementia right now, in some way or another, so you're twisting the knife with crap like this.

Don't weave that kind of trauma through your ridiculous fanciful storylines just to try to tug at our heartstrings. The actors deserve better. And so does this audience.

It seriously sickened me to watch those scenes because I really couldn't tell if Bill was acting. Honestly, the last few times I've seen him on the show delivering dialogue, he seemed rather hesitant, a little bit like Joe was before he was finally ushered out. I hope he's alright.

I just keep hoping that in a few weeks, once this insidious storyline is over, we get to see fun scenes of Doug and Julie having a few laughs and being happy, but the truth is, I don't know what's in store for their characters. I don't know if the actors are going to be in good shape in a few months. They're old. Any one of these scenes could be their last and this is how you want them to go out? Playing feeble old people? That's pretty freaking sick.

Back to the main plot, I honestly just don't understand how they broke this story down into beats. This was always the plan? For John to be suspended in that crypt for "weeks"? You do know humans die without water in less than 5 days, right Ron?

And was it also the plan for Marlena be exposed on Thanksgiving and then to just...walk out of the room? Why not kill Julie? Why not kill Shawn? Why the hesitation? Why have more villagers with pitchforks chasing her down as she tries to help Ben and Ciara's baby get born? It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

I don't even know why the devil's back in Salem. I don't know how the devil thought to possess Doug or why that was even necessary. I don't know what's keeping the devil from killing any of these characters. I don't know why the devil seems to be much more snarky and campy this time around. 

I wish I could say I enjoyed Julie saying "not today Satan!" because I get the reference, but I'm sick of Ron and his campy humor as a cover for his weak writing. Everything is winky winky. Everything is a meta reference. Everything is something that I think he finds funny when he writes it down, but never translates that way to the screen. 

Even the drag show in Beyond Salem was kind of bizarre, because you could tell they filmed as much of it as they could in one take and moments that should have been kind of fun and memorable, like Will dressing up in drag and parading around even though he still had a beard, just landed with a thud. So has most of this stuff and so did much of the Princess Gina Again crap. 

I guess I have to find some fault with the production as well. Maybe even the directors or Corday. I don't know who to point the finger at, but if the writer wasn't writing schlock aped from past storylines, then I think the show would be doing better. 

I had to be in the right frame of mind to watch today and yesterday's episodes...and yet even in the right frame of mind, I still walked away really pissed off, disappointed, disgusted, and discouraged. 

There is no payoff to this devil story because we're two months into it and it makes no sense at all. I'm not seeing where any of this is going. It isn't scary or funny or suspenseful. 

Before, in ths 90s, it was all about the devil trying to hurt John and hurt Marlena. But now the devil's just doing arbitrary things to facilitate more scenes of people gasping and making ridiculous speeches either about how suspicious Marlena is behaving or about the power of love and God and whatever. Part of me wishes that the devil had just posed as Eileen Davidson's Kristen so that we could see her walk around town being as smarmy and as evil as she likes. Her scenes have been the only semi-highlight.

You know, I used to be kinda grateful that Ron was running the show because at least he had a variety of characters interacting with one another and character histories being referenced, but it's all just a game of references. He likes to namedrop things that used to happen and go "see, we still remember our history, aren't we smart?" I'd love to give him a prize and encourage him to move on to other things, like building the characters the way the show used to instead of giving them plots with wacky elements and "did you catch that?" dialogue.

I don't know. Maybe I need to watch one of the other soaps so I can really understand what suckage is but so far, I feel like I've had a master class in it watching this show lately. There were so many interesting opportunities to delve into new territory with this demon possession story.

And to begin with: It isn't Satan. Marlena was never possessed by Satan. She was possessed by a demon all those years ago. Not Satan. A demon! I'm sure I've said that once before but I'm going to keep saying it because apparently no one on the show realizes it.

How did hd return? Why? Why did he grab Paulina's butt as Doug, but show no interest as Marlena? Why not take over a young person and really cause problems? Why try to make a Cin baby? What'll he even do with a baby? Eat its soul? 

As many of you have already pointed out, I really wonder what they're going to do with Marlena once she's no longer possessed. How will Doug and Julie ever look her in the face or be in the same room as Marlena? Although I'm sure the show will just have them all hug and apologize and get past it, it doesn't make any sense.

I've clearly spent too much time thinking about this show, so I'm just going to stop. And check back in when I can possibly stomach another dose of this nonsense. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
30 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why not take over a young person and really cause problems?

That's just silly talk. Why, Marlena is a hot, young, vibrant woman full of robust vigor.

In all seriousness, I will never forget this show trying to sell us as Marlena still being in her reproductive years in 2005. Seriously? 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

Apparently I'm the only one who found "I'll even vote Democrat" funny. It seemed to me like it might have been a Stacey ad-lib, since it looked like there was a little smirk on their faces.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, they've accommodated her exits and returns...but what happens when they decide they'd rather have a new girl for Mr Perfect?

If they didn't value her, they would have recast the role of Ciara or pulled the trigger on another romance, especially when Ciara was presumed dead.  

Because they didn't do any of that is why I think they do value VK--probably more than they value her character.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MsTree said:

Apparently I'm the only one who found "I'll even vote Democrat" funny. It seemed to me like it might have been a Stacey ad-lib, since it looked like there was a little smirk on their faces.

I liked it. Susan's a 70-year old Baby Boomer Republican from the South. Of course she'll make that joke.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope John was allowed to use the washroom before he took off to find Doc/Mardevil. At least the DiMeras could have let him have a shower first.

EJ was pretty sweet to his mom. Somewhere he does have a heart. At least he did the right thing and help John and his mom. Thought Susan would have been bleeding all over the sofa, really.

It seems as if the Dimeras are less fussy about their furniture than Julie is hers.  I guess after all the people who've had sex on the Dimera couch, a little blood and soiled pants are no big deal. 😄

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Won't Ben and Ciara think it is weird that Dr. Evans drops by so often and is so interested in their baby?

Ciara is so conceited she'll probably just eat up the attention.  The devil outta know how to play her like a fiddle. 

On a similar note, since I wasn't listening that closely to their opening scene, did they not go to Thanksgiving dinner because of her morning sickness or did no one invite their obnoxious asses? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

f they didn't value her, they would have recast the role of Ciara or pulled the trigger on another romance, especially when Ciara was presumed dead.  

Because they didn't do any of that is why I think they do value VK--probably more than they value her character.

I think, because there is a very vocal fan base, they will continue to keep these two and give VK the freedom she wants to come and go and test the waters, and end up back on the show. 

• Love 3
On 11/26/2021 at 9:29 PM, blitheone said:

OMG I missed the political bit. Not funny Days. 

• Love 1
Spoiler

Well the children we'll see in the Winter if the Winter Promo is anything to go by

I don't know if Days can afford pets anymore but I do miss Nicole's dog Pookie who she could use right now tbh.

The last time I saw a character do laundry on this show was Abby and that was about 3 years ago.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, chediavolo said:

OMG I missed the political bit. Not funny Days. 

But it WAS funny....it's was all in the delivery.

6 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Above post by DisneyBoy pretty much sums up the situation. This show is morphing into a derivative of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. And not even as good as that was.

Different strokes, etc....I find it quite funny, whereas MH, MH was pretty drone.

• Love 1

Mardevil sure knew how to hook 'dumb but loyal' Ben. She almost caught a snag though with 'it's all about me' Ciara.  I really thought 'wife-beater' John was going to yell, “Let me in! Let me in or I’ll blow this dumpy apartment down!”

hanna barbera wolf GIF

Btw, why is there an eye chart on the wall outside their door?  Was there once an eye doctor office above the mechanic shop in Salem? Or does CIN just like checking their vision each day? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 10

I realize that it is very out of character for John to suddenly be abusive, and we as viewers know that this is false. But Ciara refusing to believe it? This is a huge problem in society where victims aren't believed (and why so many of them are hesitant to come forward). We don't need this in the show. I'm surprised even the devil themselves would want to deal with Ciara's smug, self-righteous nonsense, no matter what kind of vested interest.

Do you think the aneurysm was planned with this in mind? Because that story line was dropped like a hot potato after the Who Killed Charlie Whodunnit. 

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Do you think the aneurysm was planned with this in mind? Because that story line was dropped like a hot potato after the Who Killed Charlie Whodunnit. 

No. I think Ron probably just forgot about it when he got distracted by something new and then he remembered it and was like, 'woah that'll really work for me here,' lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I had that thought too, but then decided that was giving Ron too much credit. Might have been interesting (and more true to character/lore) though if he would have crafted a well planned story where the devil subtly played on various Salemites weaknesses and vices which led to Mardevil's gaslighting of John's anger management issues where instead of her telling them she was being abused, her family & friends suspected it like how she tricked everyone that Doug had dementia.  Imagine the fun she could have with Ciara's self-absorption & vanity and Abigail's sanctimonious ego. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I realize that it is very out of character for John to suddenly be abusive, and we as viewers know that this is false. But Ciara refusing to believe it? This is a huge problem in society where victims aren't believed (and why so many of them are hesitant to come forward). We don't need this in the show. I'm surprised even the devil themselves would want to deal with Ciara's smug, self-righteous nonsense, no matter what kind of vested interest.

I think we have the opposite problem in society lately where people are just supposed to be believed without question. I would have thought it highly stupid if Ben and Ciara just blindly believed John suddenly started abusing Marlena after all these years.

• Love 9

I wonder what Victor watches after Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, John's behavior would have me believing the devil, too.

Did I miss a scene between John screaming at CIN's door and being in the hospital?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I wonder what Victor watches after Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, John's behavior would have me believing the devil, too.

Did I miss a scene between John screaming at CIN's door and being in the hospital?

Yes. Shawn found John passed out on the floor at Doug and Julie's house, so it was revealed that it was MarDevil playing John. 

• Useful 2