Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 12/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I did fast forward the stuff with Gabi/Jake/Victor though. Gabi and Jake are straight-up unwatchable to me now. Also, it kinda makes me uncomfortable to watch CB act with JA knowing she's antivax and anti mask.

Yes, and she moved closer to him in today’s show and I just couldn’t. Even with tests, that ridiculous scene was not worth the risk in my book.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Yes, and she moved closer to him in today’s show and I just couldn’t. Even with tests, that ridiculous scene was not worth the risk in my book.

Yeah, the only thing I could think of during that scene was JA's health, given what I read on this forum about CB being anti-vaxx and anti-mask.  I could hardly concentrate on the dialog because I was aghast they had CB so close to JA.

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

She could have just gone with, "I spilled coffee. " Or even, "I sneezed on the table; I think I might be coming down with the flu 🤧" if that was super industrial bleach she was using to clean with. Even in Salem, I doubt he would have ever guessed it was Rafe and Nicole's fun time juices she was disinfecting away. 🤢 I rather think she wanted to confide in Brady.  Probably because she gravitates to him over Philip in most matters, but it could also have been simply to share in the ick factor. One of those, 'OMG this is so gross you have to hear about it' moments; similar to 'this tastes terrible, here try it' situations.  Otherwise, it seems like something super awkward (and definitely cringey) to tell your boss about one of his employees even if all three of them are friends. 

Thank you! You’ve said it better than I can.

Also, Philip wasn’t, imo, purposely “eavesdropping”. He wasn’t there to spy on them, he overhears them before he went in.
Chloe and Brady have given Philip multiple reasons to mistrust them. 

Chloe should not have told Brady, he didn’t need to know, and it just proves that she is not a friend to Nicole. If the situation were reversed, I do not think Nicole would have told Brady that Chloe was having sex on Brady’s precious table.

This storyline is stupid. And once again, I don’t condone Philip’s behavior. Neither do I condone Brady or Chloe. They’re all acting childish.

Chloe is just stupid, and as always, Brady is made out to be the golden child, while Philip always gets the psycho part, regardless of all he’s been going through. He’s no innocent, but this , as usual, has gone too far.

I feel bad for Nicole, for trusting that Chloe would even keep her secret. Chloe sucks as a friend , a parent and a partner!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 8

Jake doesn't understand the Dimera family at all with his boasting about how they're all fighting each other and will turn on EJ at a board meeting. 

Tony, EJ, Chad even Johnny they'll fight against each other. But throw in an outsider, they'll band together in a blink. Just like no matter what Kristen does they defend her. 

Chloe is an idiot if she believes Brady sent those texts. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

I feel bad for Nicole, for trusting that Chloe would even keep her secret. Chloe sucks as a friend , a parent and a partner!

It doesn't even really matter, considering Nicole told EJ less than 24 hours later.  It isn't really even a secret anymore.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Won't the police find Brady's phone and see that the texts aren't from it? Or send the phone to forensics to determine their location. Unless Philip did take Brady's phone and used it to text his phone and then wiped the fingerprints from the phone. Crafty Philip. Shawn, you have a tangled web to unweave. Give Philip credit for planning to do all this in his plan. He has had plenty of time to work out any hitches.  There will be a flaw at some point.

Nice of Rex to tell Kate and Roman that sweet Sarah dumped him and took off. And that he has no idea where she is. Surely Kate can piece together Kristen mentioning that she had hidden someone on the DiMera island.

Jake and Gabi are many many levels below Victor. Child's play in his hands.

Xander can afford the hotel room but can't afford a meal. Or even to get a chicken and some other sides at a grocery store? He needs to plan a Dine and Dash? He isn't remotely suspicious that Gwen saw his car at the police station and then went to the building? Uh, was she doing a Kjiji item sale in the parking lot? Of course she doesn't want to go to the pub, because a) it is closed for a private function and b) Rex Brady is inside the pub.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Chloe should not have told Brady, he didn’t need to know, and it just proves that she is not a friend to Nicole. If the situation were reversed, I do not think Nicole would have told Brady that Chloe was having sex on Brady’s precious table.

If I remember correctly, Nicole infected Chloe's face with flesh-eating bacteria. Tricked Chloe into hiding Sydney from Rafe and the authorities when Nicole's baby switch plan was discovered, and didn't Nicole and Deimos team-up to drug Chloe, so Nicole could kidnap Holly when Chloe still had custody as the legal parent.

I don't think telling a secret to Brady really puts Chloe in the bad friend category considering the friendship in question.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/6/2021 at 11:29 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Why is Kayla so bad at HIPPA violations? I’m sure Brady wouldn’t mind if Chloe knew his medical condition, but it’s not her place to take it upon herself to share his medical information without his permission. She’s done this time and time again.

She's right up there with Shawn calmly giving Chloe information about a possible case.  Sorry Chad, you don't need to wait for Kristen to escape to have your doubts about the Salem PD.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It doesn't even really matter, considering Nicole told EJ less than 24 hours later.  It isn't really even a secret anymore.  

But it’s not Chloe’s secret to tell, especially when she promised not to.

4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

If I remember correctly, Nicole infected Chloe's face with flesh-eating bacteria. Tricked Chloe into hiding Sydney from Rafe and the authorities when Nicole's baby switch plan was discovered, and didn't Nicole and Deimos team-up to drug Chloe, so Nicole could kidnap Holly when Chloe still had custody as the legal parent.

I don't think telling a secret to Brady really puts Chloe in the bad friend category considering the friendship in question.

Oopsie, my bad. Totally didn’t remember that. However, they are supposed to be “great friends” right now, and I don’t buy it. Yet, Chloe claims to be a friend and after dragging it out of Nicole, promised she wouldn’t tell anyone ..so as far as friendship category, I don’t care. It just puts Chloe in the lying unsupportive, kicking someone when they’re down category. More like a co worker , who goes behind your back to “the Boss”.

There was absolutely no reason she had to tell him. She just wanted to. Nicole knows all about Chloe’s and Brady “feelings” for each other and she hasn’t gone running to anyone with that news.

• Love 6

After watching yesterday's episode, I realized I want Gabi, Jake, Abby, Chad, Gwen, and Xander written out of the show. These characters are obviously pointless. 

I actually like Emily O'Brien as an actress. I've liked her since her time as Jana on Young and the Restless. My issue is Gwen as a character obviously has no room for growth. I actually wish they would rest O'Brien for 3 months or so and then bring her back as Sarah Horton. She's age appropriate. She's a good actress. They can make some appropriate adjustments to the Sarah character because her time on the island gives a good excuse for a personality overhaul. She also would have stronger connections to the canvas instead of just Jack (JUST JACK!) who barely seems connected himself or Abby who limits and destroys female characters in opposition to her, i.e. Gabi has not worked as a character for me since their rivalry. O'Brien has an accent, but since this show wants us to accept the literal Devil as a major character, I see no reason why we can't just handwave Sarah having a British accent. Shapeshifting, teleportation, possession, and telepathic conversations show us this show cares nothing for reality or plausible explanations.

Speaking of Sarah Horton, it's so sad that a legacy character and the daughter of one of the original Days characters has been missing for literal months and no one seems to notice. Her mother doesn't even realize Sarah is missing as long as she gets the occasional text message. If they are bringing this character back, the show really needs to ask themselves how they failed so spectacularly at integrating a legacy character with ties to the Hortons, Marlena, and even the Brady family into the show.

Philip's framing of Brady is actually quite wonderful and the smartest thing he's done on the show. The alcohol, text messages, bloody knife, the fact that he overheard Maggie and Victor's conversation where Victor is concerned Brady may physically hurt Philip. Several people like Chloe, Maggie, and apparently Belle knowing of the growing tensions between the two. This is the best frame job I've seen on this show in maybe years.

I did guffaw at Chloe calling Victor, him asking rudely what do you want, and her taking a minute to roll her eyes. It was such a small moment, but those small moments do so much to inform us of years of history between characters. I wish the show would emphasize those moments more often.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 5

Jake and Gabi are idiots, and not at all believable as large corporation CEOs.  As owners of some small business?  Absolutely.  In my youthful days I worked for a couple of small businesses that thrived in spite of their owners' incompetency, greed and general shittiness.  So I can absolutely see these two morons as small business owners, but that's it.  Those two running a capitalist enterprise larger than a few loyal employees and a decent product is less believable than Marlena as the devil.

I used to really like Gabi but I no longer care.  Whether it's because of changes in the way the character is written or played or because of CB's real life stupidity and selfishness, who knows?  BB/Jake is a good actor and should be delinked from her to see if he can sink or swim.

Phillip has done a great job of framing Brady so far.  It will be interesting to see who (including Brady himself) will be able puzzle it out.  This story is the next best thing to a murder mystery for me!

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I used to really like Gabi but I no longer care.  Whether it's because of changes in the way the character is written or played or because of CB's real life stupidity and selfishness, who knows?  BB/Jake is a good actor and should be delinked from her to see if he can sink or swim.

I agree. Gabi used to be one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately, the show seems like they have no idea what to do with her and haven't for sometime.

Part of the reason is CB's acting. She often feels like she should be on 1990's Melrose Place. As odd as this is to say, other characters feel rooted in Salem for better or worse. CB has an outlandishness about her performance and a self-righteous temperament that reminds me of 1990s primetime soaps. She doesn't seem to react to characters appropriately to the situation. She has rivalries with characters she barely interacts with - like why did Rex have the response to Gabi he had. I don't remember those two interacting much during his last tenure on the show or his visit afterward. She often feels like she is always elevated and ready for attack. I think the character needs real friends again. The show needs to root her rivalries in something other than Gabi is the villain. And as odd as this is for me to say considering this is a soap opera, I actually think Gabi should be isolated from some characters. Maybe place her in a webseries with Will, Sonny, and Ari where she reconnects with a recast J.J. This could be when she realizes just how much she's changed for the worst and she has no identity outside of anger and CEO.

Personally, I think that's a lot of work for character who should just be shipped off and her brother should be packed in her luggage.

• Love 11

Yes, I completely agree.  Gabi of old had friendships, sometimes contentious, with Sami and Kate.  And then she had Will, Sonny and Ari to ground her as well.  Now she just has Jake to strut around town with for dueling smug offs with every other character.  It's a waste and a shame.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Part of the reason is CB's acting. She often feels like she should be on 1990's Melrose Place. As odd as this is to say, other characters feel rooted in Salem for better or worse. CB has an outlandishness about her performance and a self-righteous temperament that reminds me of 1990s primetime soaps. She doesn't seem to react to characters appropriately to the situation.

She does OK on the Lifetime movies I have seen her in. But, she is usually cast as a snobby bitch.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Jake doesn't understand the Dimera family at all with his boasting about how they're all fighting each other and will turn on EJ at a board meeting. 

Tony, EJ, Chad even Johnny they'll fight against each other. But throw in an outsider, they'll band together in a blink. Just like no matter what Kristen does they defend her. 

Chloe is an idiot if she believes Brady sent those texts. 

Jake isn't an outsider, he's a DiMera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

After watching yesterday's episode, I realized I want Gabi, Jake, Abby, Chad, Gwen, and Xander written out of the show. These characters are obviously pointless. 

I actually like Emily O'Brien as an actress. I've liked her since her time as Jana on Young and the Restless. My issue is Gwen as a character obviously has no room for growth. I actually wish they would rest O'Brien for 3 months or so and then bring her back as Sarah Horton. She's age appropriate. She's a good actress. They can make some appropriate adjustments to the Sarah character because her time on the island gives a good excuse for a personality overhaul. She also would have stronger connections to the canvas instead of just Jack (JUST JACK!) who barely seems connected himself or Abby who limits and destroys female characters in opposition to her, i.e. Gabi has not worked as a character for me since their rivalry. O'Brien has an accent, but since this show wants us to accept the literal Devil as a major character, I see no reason why we can't just handwave Sarah having a British accent. Shapeshifting, teleportation, possession, and telepathic conversations show us this show cares nothing for reality or plausible explanations.

Speaking of Sarah Horton, it's so sad that a legacy character and the daughter of one of the original Days characters has been missing for literal months and no one seems to notice. Her mother doesn't even realize Sarah is missing as long as she gets the occasional text message. If they are bringing this character back, the show really needs to ask themselves how they failed so spectacularly at integrating a legacy character with ties to the Hortons, Marlena, and even the Brady family into the show.

Philip's framing of Brady is actually quite wonderful and the smartest thing he's done on the show. The alcohol, text messages, bloody knife, the fact that he overheard Maggie and Victor's conversation where Victor is concerned Brady may physically hurt Philip. Several people like Chloe, Maggie, and apparently Belle knowing of the growing tensions between the two. This is the best frame job I've seen on this show in maybe years.

I did guffaw at Chloe calling Victor, him asking rudely what do you want, and her taking a minute to roll her eyes. It was such a small moment, but those small moments do so much to inform us of years of history between characters. I wish the show would emphasize those moments more often.

I agree with a lot of what you said except I want them to keep Xander.  Paul is charming enough and is better when he's interacting with other characters.  I like his relationship with Maggie, and he seems to elevate Rafe when they're having a snark-off.

Yes, Sarah sends a few texts and no one - not even her mother - bothers to try and contact her.

Speaking of only sending texts, why hasn't Allie at least told Roman about Sami being kidnapped?  Wouldn't Kate want to know that Lucas has gone off looking for her?

• Love 7

I'm actually enjoying the show this week.  I think it's the PsychoPhilip, Chloe, Brady storyline that is actually the most entertaining, and the lack of Marlena the past few days.  I hope that Shawn isn't a bumbling idiot as he investigates Philip and Brady, but it will be interesting to see how they unwind and explain what happened.  I hope the writers are good enough to give us some fun twists and surprises.  (But I won't hold my breath...)  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yeah, the only thing I could think of during that scene was JA's health, given what I read on this forum about CB being anti-vaxx and anti-mask.  I could hardly concentrate on the dialog because I was aghast they had CB so close to JA.

I don't think they would've done that scene if JA wasn't ok with it or Days for that matter. 

That being said I agree with others that if Jake/Gabi were written out of the show nobody would notice tbh they could write off half the cast at this point and I wouldn't notice. Jake worked best as a mechanic(and should've kept him in that role it suited him and we need more working class characters). Gabi doesn't have much humanity left in her at this point. It seemed the only time she had it was when she was with JJ or around Will/Sonny. I would give Jake/Gabi a HEA and send them off to Arizona to be with Ari/Will/Sonny. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Exactly!  Yet, people think she should be telling Phillip... 🤷‍♀️

If she’s telling Brady, then why not her “boyfriend”, whom she should be more intimate with 🤷‍♀️
plus, he has no reason to blab about it.

Not her boss..or friend!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Jake isn't an outsider, he's a DiMera.

Disagree. He’s not really a DiMera family.

And he sucks at business.he’s clueless at cooperate biz. Nothing wrong with him going back to being a mechanic. Or dare I say his gangster days😬😱

• Love 4

23 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Isn't the fact that he framed Brady and therefore must remain in hiding forever a flaw? How does that help him get Chloe?

Yes, part of what makes this story so interesting is in trying to figure Phillip's end game.  I'm enjoying it so far and hope it doesn't go down a predictable path.  For example,  Ron clearly loves his hostage stories and relies on them to solve the problems his writing often creates.  I'm really hoping that Phillip has a better plan than to show up alive in a few months (during a murder trial, perhaps?) pretending to have escaped from Brady's clutches (henchmonks, deserted island, castle goons, etc.).

NuEJ sizzles with just about everyone he shares scenes with.  He's yum!

Glad to see Lucas and Sami escape the cabin, but yes, why didn't they call the police right there and then?  Dumb.

• Love 10

I've been wondering the exact same thing, Retired At Last (congrats BTW). How does he pull this off? Return "from the dead", leave Brady in prison and still somehow get Chloe? Dude if you gotta work this hard...

Loved Victor calling Gabi and Jake idiots the other day. I hope their stupid plan fails because...Jake, dude, seriously bro, even you know you aren't cut out for this shit. And Gabi needs to do less humiliating things. Like, oh I don't know, spend time with her daughter.

(Camilla, girl, BTFO of John Aniston. His health is of utmost importance so you stay on the opposite end of the set, k?)

I can't believe how long they've dragged out this story about Sarah being gone. Please wrap it up already. Emily's sad portrayal of Gwen fearing that she'll lose Xandy is nice though. 

Kate sharing her Curtis experience with Paulina has been the best part of this otherwise worthless convoluted retcon. Can we just listen to Kate talk about...well anything instead of endure the rest of this storyline?

Nicole, when your choices are Ava killing you for "stealing" Rafe or EJ killing you for...whatever reason, maybe dating in Salem right now just ain't worth it.

I'm not watching consistently enough to know if there was an episode where Sami knocked her guard out and Allie learned about the posession and its timeline. Was there? I was surprised she knew it began during the session with Doug.

I love Tripp. Glad they aren't rushing his med student storyline.

Glad that theory about Lucas being behind the kidnaping is essentially moot. BD did not do anything to inducate that was the case. Bad enough Philip is behind his own murder.

Sami, you ALWAYS call the cops immediately. Come on!

Are we taking bets on whether or not we'll actually see the town film Johnny's idiotic possession movie?

1 minute ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Ron clearly loves his hostage stories and over-relies on them to solve the problems his writing often creates.

There, fixed that for you.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I was thinking the same thing today. He really does and I even found myself thinking he and Ava might make a good pair. 

• Love 7

I love EJ and Ava together, they have great banter.  They are so much better than him and Sami. 

Nicole is at the Dimera mansion to see a Dimera. Yet attacks them to Rafe for circling the wagons around Kristen? 

Chad's a CEO and just hands his phone over to Rafe? Calls is the least of what phones are used for. 

Could Ava be the kidnapper? Kristen would have sent her to an island. Or could it be Lucas? He seemed fake. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Chad's a CEO and just hands his phone over to Rafe? Calls is the least of what phones are used for. 

Many professionals have two phones.  He could have given Rafe just his personal phone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The last 10 minutes of the show didn't record. We had an ice storm/freezing rain in the AM, so maybe there were some issues.

Uh, Lucas, you leave the guard there and hop in your car and drive away. Probably to the local police station or have Sami call up the Salem PD. Or maybe not.

Allie and Tripp were cute.

Did EJ bother to call Cook to make dinner for him and Nicole? Or will it be pizza. He and Ava both have reasons to keep Nicole and Rafe apart. Both would be very boring together, like an Eric 2.0.

The new EJ does seem to have chemistry with everyone, as has been said.

I liked Kate and Paulina bonding over their two past relationships with controlling husbands.

• Love 6

Why did Rafe even need the physical phone at all??? He could have just gotten Chad's permission for the phone records to see who Kristin made calls to.  Was kinda rich of Rafe to insinuate it was Chad's fault Kristin escaped when it was his police station that left a criminal known for escapes have visitors in the first place, yet alone allow the visitors to take cell phones or any personal items into the room.  Forget the cake, at the Salem PD you can probably just walk through the doors with a file in your hands. 

I continue to find NuEJ a stiff and bland bore. I don't see chemistry between him and anyone.  Sami and Lucas seeing each other again though felt genuine/seemed sweet. 

• Love 2

If Lucas is the kidnapper, why would he call the cops?  I thought it was too convenient that Jayson got away so easily.  But it's so difficult to tell if These Writers are actually giving us clues, or being their usual sloppy selves.  

Enjoyed Ava and EJ.  I so wanted him to tell her about Rafe and Nicole but that would have been really stupid on his part.  I wish Ava had a friend who she could vent to about how boring her life is now, and how she'd like to go back to being the one who makes the threats.  I think OldAva would had a good laugh at EJ telling her how he knows all that happens in Salem, USA.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Isn't the fact that he framed Brady and therefore must remain in hiding forever a flaw? How does that help him get Chloe?

Framing Brady for murder AND having the perfect out from being with Chloe (as in her thinking he's dead) seems like a brilliant plan to me.  Chloe without a man will turn off like a roomba that's run out of power.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Sigh. Necktie Princess. Wutta waste.

And yes to everything you've said. The timeline and Kayla's willingness to be on-call for their bullshit is startlingly off.

First she's cool with helping Abigail break the law and now she's tolerating Ciara's "am I preggers yet?" interruptions.

The idea of Big Hair smugly playing pregnant diva makes my blood boil. No, Ben, she really can and should answer the damn door herself! Girl can't get any more pampered than she already is!

And here's a thought - Ciara has no real education and never really works at Titan. Ben is a convicted serial killer, also with no education, who briefly worked as a grease monkey (does the fact that he still occupies the apartment over the repair shop imply he continues to, though we never see it?). How the hell will they support a kid? Oh. Right. Hope and Victor's $$$$. What total losers.

I find it nauseating how everyone now is required to talk about Ben. Belle and Shawn's post-coital discussion? Ben. Marlena's pre-levitation mutterings? "Must warn Ben!" Susan's biggest concern? Ben's new baby.

I now fully expect to see any of the characters sitting down for lunch at the Square, glancing over the menu and asking "what do you think Ben would order?"

It's like a freaking cult. They've all guzzled the Koolaid.

The insane propping and constant pushing of this serial killer coincided with the show having less than 2 million viewers for the first time. It all happened when this serial killer and Ciara were shoved down our throats. You would think TIIC would get the message and learn the hard way but they insist on pushing this serial killer down our throats  and I dont know why. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 6
On 12/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, Frozendiva said:

Won't the police find Brady's phone and see that the texts aren't from it?

The SPD!!??😆😂Useless. 
more likely that Susan  will find it and solve the case than the police 

• LOL 8

Wow, I really find Allie and Trippy both so, so boring and it’s creepy that they’re “together” He’s basically just her nanny and father figure. I find they have no chemistry whatsoever. 
I almost can’t stand them more than Ben and Ciara. CIN are just entitled ,intolerable BRATS, and Allie and Trip are like taking 10 sleeping pills.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Enjoyed Ava and EJ.  I so wanted him to tell her about Rafe and Nicole but that would have been really stupid on his part.  I wish Ava had a friend who she could vent to about how boring her life is now, and how she'd like to go back to being the one who makes the threats.  I think OldAva would had a good laugh at EJ telling her how he knows all that happens in Salem, USA.  

Put Rafe with anyone=instant boredom.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Wow, I really find Allie and Trippy both so, so boring and it’s creepy that they’re “together” He’s basically just her nanny and father figure. I find they have no chemistry whatsoever. 
I almost can’t stand them more than Ben and Ciara. CIN are just entitled ,intolerable BRATS, and Allie and Trip are like taking 10 sleeping pills.  

Ha! Yeah they're a mismatch. Tripp dessrves so much better than he's getting.

Allie is the boring one. Miscast and bizarrely written.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

The SPD!!??😆😂Useless. 
more likely that Susan  will find it and solve the case than the police 

I assume the texts were from Bradys phone, Phillip would have sent them himself while Brady was knocked out 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Seriously. I loved him and Ava yesterday. I hope they have more scenes. It's crazy that him and AS had no chem, actually they had anti-chem. I'm willing to see how they are now though since I think in the beginning the actor must have been having a hard time adjusting to the pace of soaps and maybe wasn't feeling as comfortable because of his appearance.

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Glad that theory about Lucas being behind the kidnaping is essentially moot. BD did not do anything to inducate that was the case.

I actually think they were laying hints that it was indeed Lucas. BD was acting weird when he was talking to the guard, the guard winked at him at one point, he insisted they untie the guard, he didn't call the police, the guard just happened to get away. Either that's some exceptionally bad writing (always possible lol) or Lucas in behind the kidnapping. 

Are we taking bets on whether or not we'll actually see the town film Johnny's idiotic possession movie?

I hope we do! It seems very unlikely we'll get that now though. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Put Rafe with anyone=instant boredom.

Yes, true, although I do remember liking him with Jordan at some point.  It's weird, because GG is great at deadpan and snark but becomes boring and schmoopy and basically intolerable when paired when someone.  If he's going to stick around this time, then casting and directing need a new plan for Rafe.

• Love 6

On today’s episode of Days of Our Dumbasses

Everyone let just rescued Sami walk out the door by herself and no one was concerned someone might grab and kidnap her again?

Belle: “He’s had more than his fair share of paternity tests” for a man who’s supposed to be sterile.

Shawn: “Oh you’re right!”…. We ran one for Claire! Dang, I almost forgot about that time I thought he got you pregnant but it was really mine.

Allie: “She’s a wonderful mother to Holly” ya know, that invisible kid who’s somewhere in the apartment while she’s off sleeping with Zander…and Rafe….and now EJ.  

Nicole: “I can’t get Rafe out of my head so let’s go upstairs to the bedroom.” WTF? Did Rolf forget to put nuEJ’s brain back when he reassembled him cause on what life-form planet is that a turn-on? And then their idea of “pillow talk” was discussing whether they thought about other people during!!! WTF again.  Pretty much confirmed my assertions that Nicole is only bidding time with EJ when she really wants Rafe, and nuEJ is only using Nicole to get back at Samantha and assuage his wounded overinflated ego.  Get these people off my screen!

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually think they were laying hints that it was indeed Lucas. BD was acting weird when he was talking to the guard, the guard winked at him at one point, he insisted they untie the guard, he didn't call the police, the guard just happened to get away. Either that's some exceptionally bad writing (always possible lol) or Lucas in behind the kidnapping.

Bad writing is a safe bet either way.

If Lucas is behind the kidnapping (and I still think he is), that's out of character.

If Lucas is not behind the kidnapping but didn't call the police, etc., that's plot-driven stupidity.

But on a show where flowers grow in the footsteps of the local serial killer, who will no doubt save us all from the devil himself, what's a poorly written kidnapping here and there?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3