Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, auchic said:

Guh. Philip looked so good today. Why are they making him go psycho? I mean, we've all had fantasies about smacking Brady with a tire iron, but over Chloe? She's so not worth it! Just let Philip be happy, show!!

Lol at Ciara side-eyeing the MarDevil/Ben hug.

This!

And I think Ciara was getting jealous. lol

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He really did look so good. And I too wish they'd just let him be happy. Ugh, they had such a nice, easy thing with Phillip and Gabi, I don't understand why they threw it away to put her with dull ass Jake and to make Phillip into a psycho, albeit one I basically agree with lol.

And why couldn't Chloe let him relax in his own room and be happy eating his popcorn! It looked tasty to me. 

I thought Phillip and Gabi had some chemistry too.  I'm also completely down with him hooking up w/Belle again. I always thought MM and JKJ had chemistry. 

1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

When I first started watching Days, Nicole was with EJ (James Scott version) and she was managing his campaign for mayor.  Now my memory is shit, but I think their relationship broke up because he cheated on Nicole with Sami.  And, Nicole was pregnant at the time with EJ's baby.  She hatched a plan with Dr. Tan to keep the baby from EJ because he was being a total jerk.  She ultimately lost that baby on the staircase trying to get away - yet again- from harpy Jennifer.

Isn't that right?  That was my recollection anyway, so when EJ was yammering on to Nicole about Sami breaking her vows, I thought, wow, EJ still doesn't have much self awareness, does he?  Again, I may be misremembering and/or conflating events . . .

Close enough for me. And you're completely right about nuEj's hypocrisy lack of self-awareness.   By my calculations, Sami needs to have sex at least a few more times w/Lucas before her and EJ are close to being even after that whole debacle of him screwing Princess Abigail.  I figure, he turned to Abs when Sami kicked him out of the bedroom and his wee-wee got lonely so it's only fair that Sami turned to Lucas when her lady bits were lacking attention.  Till Sami takes another lover, he has no business sniffing around Nicole.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

When I first started watching Days, Nicole was with EJ (James Scott version) and she was managing his campaign for mayor.  Now my memory is shit, but I think their relationship broke up because he cheated on Nicole with Sami.  And, Nicole was pregnant at the time with EJ's baby.  She hatched a plan with Dr. Tan to keep the baby from EJ because he was being a total jerk.  She ultimately lost that baby on the staircase trying to get away - yet again- from harpy Jennifer.

Nicole found out that she was pregnant after finding out that EJ and Sami slept together when they mistakenly thought that Johnny had died. When EJ found out that she was pregnant, Rafe open up his big mouth and said that he was the father. Then Nicole proceeded to cajole, whine, and manipulate Daniel with sex to lie to EJ about the results of the paternity test.

And no, Jennifer had nothing to do with losing that baby. Nicole had managed to convince Daniel to move out of Salem town so that he could take care of her and her unborn baby. She went to get a last prenatal visit before moving out of Salem and the doctor told her that her baby had died in uterus. Nicole pulled Jennifer into an argument so that she could make it appear that Jennifer had killed her baby and keep Daniel from leaving her.

EJ always suspected the baby was his and he finally got confirmation when he found out the baby was born stillborn and overheard Rafe and Nicole in her hospital room promising to still keep it a secret. EJ then proceeded to get a groggy/disoriented Nicole to admit the truth on tape whom he then play for it later to Sami who believed Rafe when he claimed to be the father.

She lied about miscarrying their first child and then stole Sydney for almost a year. She lied the entire time during her second pregnancy about EJ being the father to get back at him for sleeping and always loving Sami more than her.

And when after all the drama and lies about the baby's paternity and Jennifer being guilty of murder and Nicole's own attempted at suicide, she believed that EJ would have gotten revenge on her by sending Dimera goons after her.. He basically said he was going to leave her alone to live her life alone as a pariah. And then his parting shot to her, he asked if she seriously thought that she would have gotten to see her dead babies when she tried to kill herself.

I will never, ever support EJ with Nicole. Because he is ultimately uses her and when he longer wants her, he treats her like trash. Now I believe that Nicole is trash so he is not wrong.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And no, Jennifer had nothing to do with losing that baby. Nicole had managed to convince Daniel to move out of Salem town so that he could take care of her and her unborn baby. She went to get a last prenatal visit before moving out of Salem and the doctor told her that her baby had died in uterus. Nicole pulled Jennifer into an argument so that she could make it appear that Jennifer had killed her baby and keep Daniel from leaving her.

Dunno about the rest of it, but I distinctly remember this scene.  Nicole had indeed just found out the baby died, but she 1) did not draw Jennifer into an argument and 2) did not do so to make it appear that Jennifer had killed her baby.

Jennifer came across Nicole and began haranguing her again about Dr. Tan.  Jennifer just could not accept that Daniel had chosen to be with Nicole and swore to anyone who would listen that she was going to protect him from her, never mind that he neither wanted nor needed Jennifer's protection.  Nicole, clearly reeling from losing the baby and tired of Jennifer's screeching and awful 70s inspired clothing, was trying to get away from her when she fell down the steps.

Afterwards in the hospital, angry and grieving, Nicole went on to accuse Jennifer for the tumble.  Of course it was wrong for Nicole to do that, but she did not plan it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:
8 hours ago, auchic said:

Guh. Philip looked so good today.

But his hair...? They finally got him a haircut, but I don't think it's a significant improvement. 

I mean, I first fell in love with JKJ's Philip when I was 16 and that 90's floppy bang look was THE look. Forgive me for still finding it hella attractive on him. 😂😍

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I like the way people just accept that Marlene is possessed. 

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Mardevil is going to slip up. Ciara, who has part of the Salem Brain, is already suspicious that John is not the abuser Marlena points him out to be. Yeah, call up Shawn or Belle to let them know where Doc is. Who is at the door?

This whole possession thing is coming across as someone hanging the laundry outside.

Yes, someone says "Marlena is possessed" and people are reacting like "Oh, OK.  Hey did you hear that there's a really big sale on hamburger at the grocery store?"

Ciara definitely has the Salem Brain today.  She realizes that even if John has become violent hiding out at Kidnap Kabin doesn't really solve the problem (and seriously, pretty much every Salemite knows of the place and has visited there recently - is it really that great of a hide-out?)  It only makes sense to involve Shawn, Rafe or even call Steve.  Are the seriously supposed to simply stay there forever?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Jennifer came across Nicole and began haranguing her again about Dr. Tan.  Jennifer just could not accept that Daniel had chosen to be with Nicole and swore to anyone who would listen that she was going to protect him from her, never mind that he neither wanted nor needed Jennifer's protection.  Nicole, clearly reeling from losing the baby and tired of Jennifer's screeching and awful 70s inspired clothing, was trying to get away from her when she fell down the steps.

Jennifer found out that Daniel faked the results of the paternity test and she was afraid that he would end up losing his medical license especially if/when EJ would find out. Jennifer and Nicole had a huge argument at the Horton house where Nicole had been living but Jennifer had packed up her stuff and was kicking her out. Later that same day, Nicole overhead a message on Daniel's answering machine from Jennifer that she needed to speak with him and wanted to meet him at the HTS. Nicole went looking for Jennifer and Jennifer said that she didn't another argument with her. Jennifer was trying to get away from Nicole and Ncole chase after her on those stairs, grabbing Jennifer's wrists. Nicole fell as Jennifer try to get free from her grasp.

Yes, Jennifer was being a pill because she was worried about Daniel risking his career but she was not wrong about Nicole. At the end of the day, Nicole was in pain about her dead baby but she blamed Jennifer because she was afraid Daniel was going to leave her since there was no baby. Then after her tumble on the stairs which she initiated, she accused Jennifer and then didn't press charges, so that Daniel would stay with her. So she would not end up alone. 

Again Daniel was not worth any of this.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He has nothing on Chloe and her actions have been pretty normal and decent.

I disagree. As other have mentioned, her dumb ass insisted she sleep in the same bed as Brady. That is not normal or decent behavior. Her and Brady acting like they're so innocent and totes don't wanna fuck each other while their actions very much say otherwise and then acting like Phillip is a psycho for questioning them is really not a good look.

They all look bad but for me Phillip is entertaining (and understandable) while the other 2 are like watching paint dry. Although, sometimes I do get a kick out of how bad at acting NB is lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I really loved the Paulina/John scenes. For weeks John was talking to a prepossesed Marlena about how excited he is to meet Paulina, and I'm happy they worked so well together.

Speaking of, what are the HIPPA rules for the Devil Made Me Do It? Would Marlena need to show awkwardly placed flashbacks to show that she has a history of possession? Would she need to grow the horns again, the devil voice, or the yellow eyes? Would her skin need to sizzle when it touches holy water? After the decades of being a doctor, it'll be terrible if she loses her profession because of the literal devil.

Instead of investing in a boring and lackluster potential Claire/Ben/Ciara triangle, the show should have invested in a Marlena/Ben/Ciara triangle. Ben/Marlena are obviously THE supercouple of all supercouples. Roman/Marlena, John/Marlena, Luke/Laura, Bo/Hope, etc. have nothing on those two. Did anyone else hear the sounds of ecstasy Marlena was making in Ben's arms. Ciara has never looked at Claire with the amount of jealousy and responded with the amount of vitriol as she did with Marlena. Ciara realizes she is just a temporary roadblock for the one true love of the universe. At least she knows this now and can plan accordingly.

I'm looking forward to Chloe/Philip/Brady. I can't remember the last time a character overheard bits and pieces of a conversation in order to make all the wrong conclusions. The Chloe/Brady scene was wonderful. They were just speaking to each other and I was completely enamored with Broe. I'm happy some action is finally happening. And while, the amount of resentment and hatred Philip has for Chloe right now is both shocking and hoping leading to further storyline potential. 

• Love 4
On 11/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, Panopticon said:

I don’t understand why Chloe is dating Philip at all when she obviously prefers Brady. Philip is Chloe’s date to the Ericole anniversary party; Chloe ignores him in favor of Brady. Philip is Chloe’s boyfriend; she gets in bed with Brady anyway.

There’s nothing stopping her from being with Brady! So why on earth didn’t she let Philip go months ago? She’s no longer a sixteen-year-old in the throes of first love. She’s not married to Philip and wanting to honor that vow in spite of her preferences. Brady’s not married to anyone. Philip isn’t in some kind of crisis (dying parent, etc.) that could guilt Chloe into staying with him for the moment. 

So…. WTF? This triangle makes all three of them look like morons. 

It all goes back to high school! Been there, done that ..sick of it!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I disagree. As other have mentioned, her dumb ass insisted she sleep in the same bed as Brady. That is not normal or decent behavior. Her and Brady acting like they're so innocent and totes don't wanna fuck each other while their actions very much say otherwise and then acting like Phillip is a psycho for questioning them is really not a good look.

They all look bad but for me Phillip is entertaining (and understandable) while the other 2 are like watching paint dry. Although, sometimes I do get a kick out of how bad at acting NB is lol.

Bravo! Well said! 
Im so sick of sappy Brady, the very boring Chloe, and 

always making Philip the jealous psycho 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Ciara definitely has the Salem Brain today.  She realizes that even if John has become violent hiding out at Kidnap Kabin doesn't really solve the problem (and seriously, pretty much every Salemite knows of the place and has visited there recently - is it really that great of a hide-out?)  It only makes sense to involve Shawn, Rafe or even call Steve.  Are the seriously supposed to simply stay there forever?

It's shocking how much sense Ciara was making - though why she didn't think of calling Shawn before they left Salem, I don't know. As she pointed out, she's pregnant and yet Ben decides to bring her to a place he knows has shoddy cell phone reception and is miles away from anywhere else. I know MarDevil said she's a doctor, so it's okay, but just because she's a doctor doesn't make taking your pregnant wife to a remote location, a wise idea. And when Ciara brought it up, Ben just grimaced like how dare she bring up that reasonable question. And, yeah, if they're trying to hide Marlena, why take her there? I know the Salem cops are dumb and didn't think to look for Ben there when he kidnapped Ciara recently, but they might think to look there now when they realize they took off with Marlena. 

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

By a tiny sliver of a margin, I root for Phillip more just because I don't like Chloe/Brady, or Brady in general. But, at this point, I think Phillip's behavior is worse than Chloe's. Yes, her going to the hotel with Brady and sleeping in the same bed as him was bad - and even worse was her acting like Phillip was irrationally jealous. Her acting in general like Phillip is irrational in his jealousy is stupid because she's had to tell Brady to back off numerous times with his advances. While it's clear that Chloe has feelings for Brady and, at first it felt like she just picked Phillip by default, she has put in a real effort into the relationship, and I think she does have feelings for Phillip. I don't think she would be putting up with Phillip's crap this much if she didn't. Phillip's wariness of Brady is understandable, but where he loses me is he keeps making the same mistake over and over again. He keeps finding Chloe in these situations, or overhearing conversations, assumes the worst, and goes off. Chloe has repeatedly told him to just ask her what's going on. It would be one thing if Phillip kept catching Chloe in lies, but he never talks to her just assumes the worst. The recent conversation he heard definitely sounds bad, but if he had just been upfront and asked her about it, maybe he wouldn't be going off the deep end. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

[snip]

I will never, ever support EJ with Nicole. Because he is ultimately uses her and when he longer wants her, he treats her like trash. Now I believe that Nicole is trash so he is not wrong.

Because of the sizzling chemistry between JS and AZ, I still rooted for this couple, even given all the awful things they did to each other.  I now root for Nicole/nuEJ again because of the great chemistry between the two actors (in fact, AZ seems to have chemistry with just about everybody), and also, as I posted before, theirs is such an honest/mature relationship  (at least for now!). 

6 hours ago, tribeca said:

This losing a baby not telling anyone falling down stairs and blaming someone for losing the baby story sounds awfully familiar.  

When Gwen blamed Abigail for the miscarriage, I totally thought about the Jennifer/Nicole situation. Moral of the story to anyone who knows a person is pregnant:  do NOT engage with them ever on a staircase!  🤣

18 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

By a tiny sliver of a margin, I root for Phillip more just because I don't like Chloe/Brady, or Brady in general. But, at this point, I think Phillip's behavior is worse than Chloe's. Yes, her going to the hotel with Brady and sleeping in the same bed as him was bad - and even worse was her acting like Phillip was irrationally jealous. Her acting in general like Phillip is irrational in his jealousy is stupid because she's had to tell Brady to back off numerous times with his advances. While it's clear that Chloe has feelings for Brady and, at first it felt like she just picked Phillip by default, she has put in a real effort into the relationship, and I think she does have feelings for Phillip. I don't think she would be putting up with Phillip's crap this much if she didn't. Phillip's wariness of Brady is understandable, but where he loses me is he keeps making the same mistake over and over again. He keeps finding Chloe in these situations, or overhearing conversations, assumes the worst, and goes off. Chloe has repeatedly told him to just ask her what's going on. It would be one thing if Phillip kept catching Chloe in lies, but he never talks to her just assumes the worst. The recent conversation he heard definitely sounds bad, but if he had just been upfront and asked her about it, maybe he wouldn't be going off the deep end. 

At this point, I don't want Chloe to be with either Brady or Philip  (even though I have residual good feelings about Broe from waaaaay back). I'm just exhausted by this storyline already. Get Philip with Gabi, and have both Brady/Chloe be romance free for the near future. Brady esp. is in no way ready for a relationship considering all that happened with Kristen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

....He basically said he was going to leave her alone to live her life alone as a pariah. And then his parting shot to her, he asked if she seriously thought that she would have gotten to see her dead babies when she tried to kill herself.

This is why I miss JS. He could pull off such nasty lines and still look sexy doing it.  NuEj actor is just stiff and boring to me. His delivery doesn't have the charisma JS's did. Regardless, you've captured exactly what's wrong with Nicole and EJ as a couple.  (And what's wrong with Nicole.) I'm starting to find that I'd have preferred TPTB left EJ dead/missing, and I can't believe I just had to write that. 

Also, this reminds me that when Nicole and EJ "reunited" about circa 2010 (after the 1st fake pregnancy & Sidney kidnapping) Nicole really wanted to be with Brady, but EJ forced her back to him (maybe something about getting custody of his kids with Sami???).  Then somewhere along the line they did become a couple again (before, during, or after his sex with her sister I can't remember) and thus Nicole fell for EJ again which is when she got pregnant to him the second time (2011 or '12 at this point). Anyways, it struck me that Nicole settled for EJ then when she really wanted Brady, and she's probably about to settle for him again when she really wants Rafe....and maybe still wants Eric. I dunno know about the later. Though I'm sure a threesome w/Rafe and Eric is out of the question for her and she knows it so either way, she's settling for EJ like a meal you know will probably give you diarrhea, but it's dinner time and on the plate in front of you and making something else is too much work so you eat it anyways.  

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This! 

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Again Daniel was not worth any of this.

I couldn't agree more.  May the devil not resurrect him next Halloween. 

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Speaking of, what are the HIPPA rules for the Devil Made Me Do It? Would Marlena need to show awkwardly placed flashbacks to show that she has a history of possession? Would she need to grow the horns again, the devil voice, or the yellow eyes? Would her skin need to sizzle when it touches holy water? After the decades of being a doctor, it'll be terrible if she loses her profession because of the literal devil.

Instead of investing in a boring and lackluster potential Claire/Ben/Ciara triangle, the show should have invested in a Marlena/Ben/Ciara triangle. Ben/Marlena are obviously THE supercouple of all supercouples. Roman/Marlena, John/Marlena, Luke/Laura, Bo/Hope, etc. have nothing on those two. Did anyone else hear the sounds of ecstasy Marlena was making in Ben's arms. Ciara has never looked at Claire with the amount of jealousy and responded with the amount of vitriol as she did with Marlena. Ciara realizes she is just a temporary roadblock for the one true love of the universe. At least she knows this now and can plan accordingly.

Salem seems to brush off actions during a demonic possession about the same as getting drunk.  It's kinda like, "Oh remember that one time you had too much Satan in you and revealed that...." 

100% Mardevil and Ben should act out their latent feelings and be the next love triangle. I really want to see a Friday cliffhanger that end with Ciara aghast. "OMG Ben, what kind of therapy session is that? Marlena, take your horns off him!"

2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

It all goes back to high school! Been there, done that ..sick of it!

Now that you mention it, all of these Last Blast Dance teen scene characters have never moved past their adolescent issues.  Jan spears is about the only storyline Shawn & Belle have had on their own for the last year or more too.  It's like the show forgets that they are now forty. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

This is why I miss JS. He could pull off such nasty lines and still look sexy doing it.  NuEj actor is just stiff and boring to me. His delivery doesn't have the charisma JS's did. Regardless, you've captured exactly what's wrong with Nicole and EJ as a couple.  (And what's wrong with Nicole.) I'm starting to find that I'd have preferred TPTB left EJ dead/missing, and I can't believe I just had to write that. 

Also, this reminds me that when Nicole and EJ "reunited" about circa 2010 (after the 1st fake pregnancy & Sidney kidnapping) Nicole really wanted to be with Brady, but EJ forced her back to him (maybe something about getting custody of his kids with Sami???).  Then somewhere along the line they did become a couple again (before, during, or after his sex with her sister I can't remember) and thus Nicole fell for EJ again which is when she got pregnant to him the second time (2011 or '12 at this point). Anyways, it struck me that Nicole settled for EJ then when she really wanted Brady, and she's probably about to settle for him again when she really wants Rafe....and maybe still wants Eric. I dunno know about the later. Though I'm sure a threesome w/Rafe and Eric is out of the question for her and she knows it so either way, she's settling for EJ like a meal you know will probably give you diarrhea, but it's dinner time and on the plate in front of you and making something else is too much work so you eat it anyways.  

Even though I want Nicole and EJ to be a romantic pair again because of the actors' chemistry, I too wouldn't mind if EJ had been left dead/missing indefinitely. Alas, that boat has long since sailed, so I prefer to make the best of a resurrected EJ.

I also suspect you're right that Nicole might be settling for EJ because she lost Eric and feels like Rafe is just not an option. 

I wish Nicole and Rafe would clear the air about their Halloween Night o'Sex and what that means for them. Have them talk it out once and for all if there's a future for them as a couple or not. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

It’s not like any midwife will help Ciara and Ben.  
   I did not think Ciara was jealous but suspicious of Marlena

Now I want that subplot… Ciara and Ben search desperately for a midwife, but they all run screaming in the other direction, change their names, and leave town. Ciara pontificates about how Ben is the real victim here. In utero, the baby rolls its eyes so hard they get stuck. 

• LOL 11

Is that cabin so soundproof that somebody banging on the door can't hear people speaking inside?

Chloe doesn't mind going out with Philip even though he smells like manure?

Uh, if a private citizen plants a tree in a public park, is Park Service going to care if it's vandalized?

Gabriel asking MarDevil to say grace was hilarious.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I am loving Gabriel. The face off between him and MarDevil where they just stared at each other for 5 minutes while talking telepathically was hilarious.

Ben and MarDevil kinda make me uncomfortable tbh. Ben touches her too much imo. I almost don't even blame Ciara if she is jealous because it's a little much lol.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Isn't that right?  That was my recollection anyway, so when EJ was yammering on to Nicole about Sami breaking her vows, I thought, wow, EJ still doesn't have much self awareness, does he?  Again, I may be misremembering and/or conflating events . . .

Yes that's pretty much what happened the second time around at least.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Now I want that subplot… Ciara and Ben search desperately for a midwife, but they all run screaming in the other direction, change their names, and leave town. Ciara pontificates about how Ben is the real victim here. In utero, the baby rolls its eyes so hard they get stuck. 

Or they run into a not really dead midwife who Ben shot and she refuses to help. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Now I want that subplot… Ciara and Ben search desperately for a midwife, but they all run screaming in the other direction, change their names, and leave town.

Wasn't Wendy the midwife killed by Ben near the cabin? Maybe MarDevil can bring her back (or else change herself to Wendy).

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip needs to be arrested for assault against Brady. Unless he has a brain tumor, there is no excuse for his actions. He needs to face some sort of punishment. 

He should face consequences. But he won't. Because hardly anyone on this show does. But Phillip really is a younger Victor. Which is not a compliment.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip needs to be arrested for assault against Brady. Unless he has a brain tumor, there is no excuse for his actions. He needs to face some sort of punishment. 

Disagree! Brady instigates and antagonizes Philip constantly! Over what? Petty crap over Chloe! And Victor!
I’m not condoning violence, not at all, but this whole thing is ridiculous and I’m sick of the games Brady plays..and his flip/floppy / upside down and all around with EVERYONE ..he has made some very STUPID choices when it comes to women. He’s just crazy..even more than Philip. Wish KL was playing Brady . 
Bottom line, Chloe isn’t worth it.

Let Brady and Chloe fly off into nowhere..until Brady decides he wants Kristen back

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

He should face consequences. But he won't. Because hardly anyone on this show does. But Phillip really is a younger Victor. Which is not a compliment.

Philip is Kate and Victor's son, he should be deadly and a force to be reckon with.  Hogan Sheffer wrote the best Philip with Jay in the role, he was sexy cunning manipulative protective and gentle when he needed to be, check out his post scenes with Belle after he did her on her marital bed.. He later threw it in Shawn-Douglas face, hot damn!  Belle was so much interesting with Jay's Philip.. Claire should have been Philip's..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

Philip, you are being consumed by your own jealousy. One that is non-existent. You have no evidence that Chloe has any romantic interest in Brady. It seems silly for two 40 year old men to be fighting over a woman. No need to physically attack the guy for jealousy or because you own the girl. Chloe can choose who she wants. Yanking out the tree was also stupid. Granted, you could pass it off as some kid doing it.

I really don't care about Abe and Paulina, if they get together, stay together, whatever. Theirs seems to be a relationship of companionship. Don't know if they actually do love each other.

Yeah, Eli, of course Kristen escaped.

So no one in the cabin just simply answered the door. Mardevil had to think it was John arriving so soon - uh, give the guy a day to get some food and some rest before he comes after you. The poor hiker must have thought there were nutty people in that cabin. I don't remember Gabe from the first possession. I did like him playing with Mardevil. The telepathic interchange was hilarious, as was him asking her to say a prayer. I did a sideeye with him feeling that Ben and Ciara are good people. Ben has committed murder a few times, but this is Salem.....

• Love 7

Per Eli, Allie had the twins with Henry. So after learning that her mother has been kidnapped and held hostage for 3 months and her father rushed off to try and locate her, Allie left the pub, picked up Henry and went to the park where she offered to watch 3 kids under the age of 3 and deal with 3 car seats? Yeah, I don’t think so.

I realize the viewers know the cabin in the woods has been visited by an angel, but for all Dumb and Dumber know they could have just invited a serial killer to dinner. Oh wait, they already have one of those at the table.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I really don't care about Abe and Paulina, if they get together, stay together, whatever. Theirs seems to be a relationship of companionship. Don't know if they actually do love each other.

Yeah, Eli, of course Kristen escaped.

So no one in the cabin just simply answered the door. Mardevil had to think it was John arriving so soon - uh, give the guy a day to get some food and some rest before he comes after you. The poor hiker must have thought there were nutty people in that cabin.

Yes, it's nice that they are trying to show that older people are actually people who can have a life and find love but Abe and Paulina are just so damn DULL together I don't really care.  Paulina just pouts and postures while Abe chuckles.

Obviously, none of us are surprised that Kristen escaped but are we really supposed to believe that she is so hard up for henchmen (henchpeople?) that she needed to recruit Ava and Gwen?  Kinda come down in the world hasn't she?

I think Mardevil knew who it was on the other side of the door, which is why she didn't want them to answer it.  So which is it, biting edge of you seat drama where you sense evil or fun camp?  Seems like they're trying to have it both ways - unless the telepathic conversation wasn't supposed to be funny?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I realize the viewers know the cabin in the woods has been visited by an angel, but for all Dumb and Dumber know they could have just invited a serial killer to dinner. Oh wait, they already have one of those at the table.

This. Seriously, what kind of fucking idiots invite some stranger into their cabin in the woods and then also invite them to stay for lunch? But yea, I mean, Ciara married a serial killer so I guess it tracks.

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So which is it, biting edge of you seat drama where you sense evil or fun camp?  Seems like they're trying to have it both ways - unless the telepathic conversation wasn't supposed to be funny?

I think they're definitely trying to have both. I do think they're leaning more heavily into the camp though. For me personally, it works.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Philip is Kate and Victor's son, he should be deadly and a force to be reckon with.  Hogan Sheffer wrote the best Philip with Jay in the role, he was sexy cunning manipulative protective and gentle when he needed to be, check out his post scenes with Belle after he did her on her marital bed.. He later threw it in Shawn-Douglas face, hot damn!  Belle was so much interesting with Jay's Philip.. Claire should have been Philip's..

I agree she should've because Kate would be a better grandmother to her than Hope has been (and a lot more believable) plus I always believed that Phillip would make Claire a priority something I don't think Shawn/Belle really do tbh given Claire's thirst for attention. 

I agree Hogan actually seems to be the only writer that likes Phillip and Steve/Kayla. He also wrote Phillip/Stephanie which I also enjoyed.

It would be a nice plot twist if Kristen was helping Phillip with this scheme tbh.. I could see her framing Brady so if he's in prison he can't be with Chloe.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Kristen remembers that back in the day she lost John for good when she thought John might have murdered Tony/Andre while Marlena had total faith in John. Maybe she would think that Brady would likewise be permanently turned off of Chloe if Chloe has doubts about Brady’s innocence. 

Lol, the weird thing is that Brady should also be able to remember a lot about the Aremid story with Marlena/John/Kristen/Tony. He was very young but he was onscreen quite a bit visiting John in prison. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Watching this plot, it is clear he’s certainly a chip off of both blocks. Going to this violent extreme does seem like a Victor thing. And, he’s basically doing the same thing Kate do this year. Instead of just breaking up with their “cheating” partners, they come up with elaborate plots. At least, in Kate’s case, she just emotionally messed with them instead of resorting to physical assault.

13 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Disagree! Brady instigates and antagonizes Philip constantly! Over what? Petty crap over Chloe! And Victor!
I’m not condoning violence, not at all, but this whole thing is ridiculous and I’m sick of the games Brady plays..and his flip/floppy / upside down and all around with EVERYONE ..he has made some very STUPID choices when it comes to women. He’s just crazy..even more than Philip. Wish KL was playing Brady . 
Bottom line, Chloe isn’t worth it.

Let Brady and Chloe fly off into nowhere..until Brady decides he wants Kristen back

IMO it doesn’t really matter how much of an ass Brady has been. And, yes, he has been a colossal ass, especially to Phillip regarding Chloe, but Phillip’s actions here aren’t justified. There are ways to get back at Brady without doing this. And, if he thinks Chloe is such an unfaithful whore, he could just break up with her.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I did a sideeye with him feeling that Ben and Ciara are good people. Ben has committed murder a few times, but this is Salem..

This was so annoying! Just as I thought the show reached it’s zenith of Ben propping, they have a literal angel talk about how good Ben is. And, the ultimate irony, wasn’t this the same cabin he killed an innocent woman in? 

11 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

This was astoundingly stupid! Though I guess it tracks for these two Mensa members. The audience knows why there is tension between him and Mardevil, but I don’t know how they didn’t pick up on the weirdness and how odd this stranger they invited inside was behaving. 

• Love 6

I usually just skip any and all Ben scenes but since unfortunately they've tied him to a story I actually enjoy I have been forced to watch him at times. Anyway, for some reason, the propping isn't even bothering me anymore. Like it's almost comical at this point to me. 

• Love 3

Phillip never had a chance with those two horrible people as parents and now it is really showing.   Abe is dull with everyone  he is just dull. Not surprisingly, there is no chemistry with Paulina & it always felt/looked  like he was Lexies father

Yep. Just invite  a stranger into your secluded cabin in the woods. Dolts. 

• Love 3
On 12/4/2021 at 1:27 AM, DaphneCat said:

It's nice that they are trying to show that older people are actually people who can have a life and find love but Abe and Paulina are just so damn DULL together I don't really care.  Paulina just pouts and postures...

...and grandstands and bellows...and rambles and mugs...and sing-songs...and sucks the air out of every room and believability out of every scene...and domineers and bulldozes...

I get what they were going for with this character but boy did they miss the mark.

Although, I did find the actress slightly ok during her quiet, almost human pleading with Abe to stay connected to Lani on Friday. Less with her is so much more.

Lexie may have been simple snd somewhat bland, but Renee gave her a sensitivity and conviction that was appealing.

Philip is really getting trashed and I'm not liking it. He could still be somewhat sinister in business matters while having a heartfelt romance with Chloe. Brady should be off screwing up his life solo. Hes good at that.

I was pleasantly surprised they brought back the original actor who played Gabriel. His mental faceoff against MarDevil was tense and worked for me - very much in step with JER's original storyline and creepy tone. Deidre is better at the evil glaring than at the sassy comebacks.

Cin are complete nimrods, per usual.

Drake is selling the heck out of his material. I admire the guy more every year. He's got his tics but he commits, no matter how "aww geez....really?" the story.

What are the rules here regarding what MarDevil can and cannot do?

She can put her hand in holy water without pain? But in the 90s, having it sprayed on her hurt her...so...?

She can transform her shape and the shape of others,  but only by possessing their body...but only for a short time because she has to return to Marlena...or...something...? And yet she turned Susan into a cat without possessing her so....huh...?

She can say grace and amen without stuttering...?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Phillip never had a chance with those two horrible people as parents and now it is really showing.   Abe is dull with everyone  he is just dull. Not surprisingly, there is no chemistry with Paulina & it always felt/looked  like he was Lexies father

Yep. Just invite  a stranger into your secluded cabin in the woods. Dolts. 

I liked Abe with Faye that's who he had his best chemistry with but the show wouldn't go there for obvious reasons. Otherwise yeah I agree Abe isn't the most interesting character but he's the voice of sanity in the insane asylum that is Salem so he has a needed place on this show. I do think he was a lot better in the 80s even if I felt he was shortchanged for most of his stint on this show but that's another story.

I also think Lexie was wasted on him if she were white she would've been up there with Kristen/Nicole as most memorable Days characters...

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

the show wouldn't go there for obvious reasons

Fear of backlash over an interracial romance..? Was that it? Or something else?

Yeah he did seem paternal with Lexie but she was also written like a kid sometimes. "Gosh, I have to believe Stefano has good in him! If not, does that mean I'M evil too..??" 🙄

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked Abe with Faye that's who he had his best chemistry with but the show wouldn't go there for obvious reasons. Otherwise yeah I agree Abe isn't the most interesting character but he's the voice of sanity in the insane asylum that is Salem so he has a needed place on this show. I do think he was a lot better in the 80s even if I felt he was shortchanged for most of his stint on this show but that's another story.

I also think Lexie was wasted on him if she were white she would've been up there with Kristen/Nicole as most memorable Days characters...

Abe like most characters on the show was better in the 80's.  He was more than just the Black sidekick to the white characters.  He actually drove his own stories. The show missed the mark in not making him the patriarch of his own family throughout his 40 years on the show.  Faye was Abe's best pairing but she was part of his backstory so we never really saw the romance from start to finish. 

Lexie was wasted on the show. I thought she had lots of chemistry with EJ.  If EJ was not a Dimera, a Lexie/EJ/Sami triangle would have been fun. Perhaps Lucas and Lexie could have teamed up to break up Ejamie. 

7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

The actress who played Lexie and the actor who plays Abe were contemporaries when it comes to age.  Good Black don't crack and the actress embodied that saying..

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

The original Valerie/David story was derailed by racist viewers who did not want to see a Black woman with a White man.  The same thing happened on One Life to Live with a Black woman passing for White who fell for a White man.  The actress who played Valerie spoke out against the backlash and the show acquiescing to those viewers and she was promptly fired.  The recast Valerie was just a token and never did anything substantial other than being friends with Marlena.  David and Valerie never had any scenes together and both were written out of the show at different times.  Dena tried to right this wrong by creating Eli  as a reminder to the viewers that their love produced a child, so I am happy that she did that at least..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

She can put her hand in holy water without pain? But in the 90s, having it sprayed on her hurt her...so...?

She's soaking in it.

It's not holy water -  it's Palmolive.

Endorsed by Demons everywhere!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

The original Valerie/David story was derailed by racist viewers who did not want to see a Black woman with a White man.  The same thing happened on One Life to Live with a Black woman passing for White who fell for a White man.  The actress who played Valerie spoke out against the backlash and the show acquiescing to those viewers and she was promptly fired.  The recast Valerie was just a token and never did anything substantial other than being friends with Marlena.  David and Valerie never had any scenes together and both were written out of the show at different times.  Dena tried to right this wrong by creating Eli  as a reminder to the viewers that their love produced a child, so I am happy that she did that at least..

Does anyone remember when Days did sort of have an interracial romance in the 80s?  I believe the female character was named Faith, and I forget the male character's name, but he was a doctor, and portrayed by the late Richard Biggs (who later was in Babylon Five). 

From what I recall, Faith was blind, but somehow she came to get her sight back (the doctor performed some operation that restored her sight?).  Faith started developing feelings for him before the operation, and retained those feelings after her sight returned. I have a vague memory of her confessing romantic feelings for him, and him replying that people might not like it if they dated because he's black.  She said she didn't care and still wanted to have a romance with him.  I can't remember more than that...

• Useful 1

I don’t hike but some friends do and they do say until recently they did relay on kindness of strangers so Ciara inviting Gabriel in was not a surprise to me.  Maybe she just needed a break from Marlena. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Drake is selling the heck out of his material. I admire the guy more every year. He's got his tics but he commits, no matter how "aww geez....really?" the story.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I wanted to co-sign this in particular. Thanks to his commitment over the years, every time he drops a “that’s a fact,” I feel like I’ve come home. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Does anyone remember when Days did sort of have an interracial romance in the 80s?  I believe the female character was named Faith, and I forget the male character's name, but he was a doctor, and portrayed by the late Richard Biggs (who later was in Babylon Five). 

From what I recall, Faith was blind, but somehow she came to get her sight back (the doctor performed some operation that restored her sight?).  Faith started developing feelings for him before the operation, and retained those feelings after her sight returned. I have a vague memory of her confessing romantic feelings for him, and him replying that people might not like it if they dated because he's black.  She said she didn't care and still wanted to have a romance with him.  I can't remember more than that...

Yep, I remember that. It was Steve's friend Marcus. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Faith was played by Melinda Clarke right?(RL daughter of John Clarke and also was Lady Heather on CSI)

I don't recall this. However I remember Crystal Chappell(Carly) thought they were going to pair her and Marcus together but realized the show didn't want to go there it seemed they were hinting at a possible pairing with them. 

6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Abe like most characters on the show was better in the 80's.  He was more than just the Black sidekick to the white characters.  He actually drove his own stories. The show missed the mark in not making him the patriarch of his own family throughout his 40 years on the show.  Faye was Abe's best pairing but she was part of his backstory so we never really saw the romance from start to finish. 

Lexie was wasted on the show. I thought she had lots of chemistry with EJ.  If EJ was not a Dimera, a Lexie/EJ/Sami triangle would have been fun. Perhaps Lucas and Lexie could have teamed up to break up Ejamie. 

The actress who played Lexie and the actor who plays Abe were contemporaries when it comes to age.  Good Black don't crack and the actress embodied that saying..

I also thought EJ/Lexie had very inappropriate chemistry for siblings and yet I bought them as siblings if that made sense.. I do think Lexie/Daniel and Lexie/Craig had inappropriate chem but it was never going to happen. I don't get why the show couldn't have done Faye/Abe after Lexie died. We could've seen them rekindle their romance again from the beginning this time. Would Brandon be ok with it? Nicole? (sure she might but she would be more concerned for Abe than Faye tbh). Would Theo like her? How would she have dealt with Lani? there were a lot of ways they could've written this one.

Hence why Abe was better in the 80s than now but it seemed when the 90s came along Abe was reduced to token status up until recently I guess. Yes they should've given him a shot at being the head of this family like Y&R did with Neil(which sadly is no longer the case because KSJ passed away).

• Love 3