Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 11/5/2021 at 3:50 PM, RunningMarket said:

Does no one in Salem have a GP? They all go directly to the ER for anything. Good thing there wasn't a shooting in Murder Park, a zombie apocalypse, or a warehouse explosion to deal with while Ciara was taking up precious resources.

I thought all the docs were one stop docs - they do everything from hangnails to heat transplants!

• LOL 10
14 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Don't forget, Kayla is also Chief of Surgery, Chief of Staff, and likely third shift janitorial.

The day Satan caused the hospital black-out, I thought she was going to have to be the electrician too!  I'm still not sure she's not going to have to perform an exorcism in-utero on CIN's demon spawn.  I'm kinda envisioning a future scene that involves the ultrasound machine, electrical paddles, and a bible. 

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

The day Satan caused the hospital black-out, I thought she was going to have to be the electrician too!  I'm still not sure she's not going to have to perform an exorcism in-utero on CIN's demon spawn.  I'm kinda envisioning a future scene that involves the ultrasound machine, electrical paddles, and a bible. 

Ret-con: Kayla once studied in the seminary (prenatal minor), and therefore is fully equipped to provide in-utero exorcism services!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Shit, the chicken pox line had me rolling.

I missed much of the OG Nicole-EJ pairing, but dang if I don't love these two together right now. They seem to have a... mature? relationship. (By Salem standards). And EJ isn't wrong when he says that Nicole's infidelity is not the only reason her marriage to Eric fell apart.

Gabi continues to be at 11 all the time, regardless of the reason. I wish Camilla would tone it down just a titch. 

• Love 14

I don't think Nicole can get a judge to give her support from Eric, who probably isn't being paid, when she's running a corporation.  Not to mention that she can't get it from Ally living with her, because Ally has a job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I missed much of the OG Nicole-EJ pairing, but dang if I don't love these two together right now. They seem to have a... mature? relationship. (By Salem standards). And EJ isn't wrong when he says that Nicole's infidelity is not the only reason her marriage to Eric fell apart.

Gabi continues to be at 11 all the time, regardless of the reason. I wish Camilla would tone it down just a titch. 

That's why I preferred EJ/Nicole. I mean Nicole didn't have the moral hangups of being a Dimera wife but she is far more grounded than Sami is plus EJ didn't rape her so there's that. 

That being said neither are each other's first choice either which sucks because they should be.

• Love 12

I also liked Nicole and EJ. They seem to hit if off and have a mature relationship. No games, no anything. They seem to sort of actually like each other and accept each other for who they are.

Way to waste a lot of cell phone battery, Sami. At least you know that your mom has been re-possessed and is having a short break while Susan is possessed. How do you expect anyone to find you right now with your mom being chained in the crypt, along with John.

John and Kristen looked so young all those years ago. She was a better fit for him than Doc.

Ava is still cooking, Gabi is a bit too much, and I have no idea why Jake is with her.

• Love 4

Gabi is hot and Jake has nothing better to do?

Loving how pro-John and Kristen y'all are being! Finally, I don't feel alone in thinking the show made a huge mistake letting Eileen get away all those years ago. I suppose in a way ED has won. Her every return is a celebration. But yeah, she and Drake were dreamy.

Every time ED walked behind the pillar I thought they'd have a visual effect so she'd emerge in different clothing. I guess that's too much effort for the editing/effects team. Sad that those primitive visual morphs they did in the '90s are better than what little they're doing today.

They finally wrote Ava and Rafe a decent couple's scene....but it's still a wasted effort. She's a mess, he's a pathetic dolt and I don't know how Gabi sleeps under the same roof as her at Rafe's pathetic apartment.

....I feel sad about Nicole and EJ. They're both a mess and it's like seeing two people give up on themselves and just spiral. Well, more Nicole than him. He's as bad as Xander but somehow less loathed.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

John and Kristen looked so young all those years ago. She was a better fit for him than Doc.

I know it is heresy, but I have often said I liked Drake Hogestyn with every other woman he was paired with except Doc. Marlena's second go-round when she came back in '91 started off well enough, but...I don't know...to me, Marlena is a "colder" character than what she once was.

John and sane Kristen were nice. I LOVED RoJohn with Isabella and even liked his brief flirtations with Rebecca (post Isabella, anyone remember her?) and with Yvette when he was Roman (and I recall Victor somehow being involved in that, too!).

• Love 4

I like John and Marlena, but I also liked John and Kristen. As for Isabella, I never saw any chemistry between her and John. I agreed with Drake when he said they had “no heat”. I wish they hadn’t killed her off, though. The show made her a martyr. I wanted her to have to live through the affair like Roman had to.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 1

Obviously, I enjoyed everything that was Nicole and EJ.  

As I’ve already said, this plot to seduce John is utterly stupid but Eileen is selling the hell out of her scenes.  She was so fun to watch today. It makes me wish even more that they’d give Stacy Haiduk a break, especially when it’s clear that Eileen will at least try to do something fun with this Garbage Writing.  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I like John and Marlena, but I also liked John and Kristen. As for Isabella, I never saw any chemistry between her and John. I agreed with Drake when he said they had “no heat”. I wish they hadn’t killed her off, though. The show made her a martyr. I wanted her to have to live through the affair like Roman had to.

I'm glad Isabella didn't have to deal with the affair, because James E. Reilly had zero nuance in his writing. He would have trashed the hell out of Isabella - even if she was John's wife - to elevate Marlena/John at her expense. Especially since that is how Roman became sidelined.

At least he recovered, even if he became a Z-list character now.

To bring it back to the subject, I'm shocked even Evil!Devil!Kristen! would want a guy who probably has not seen a shower in forever. I imagine John is pretty damned ripe by now! LOL!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Yes. I actually thought the John “Kristen” kiss was pretty hot, but then was thinking about how much his breath must stink after 17 days! 

The Devil probably smells sulfur-y so John’s BO and 17 day old breath may be refreshing. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Yup.  And I really like how AS is willing to look bad when she should.  The last time she came back after Kristen drugged her and held her captive she looked awful then too.  I always hated how someone is held captive, and days, (weeks?) later they are found and they have perfect make-up, clean, perfect hair, non-wrinkled, clean clothes and one picturesque smudge of dirt on their cheek (to show they've been through an ordeal!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 11/16/2021 at 2:01 AM, boes said:

I'm loving Nu EJ.  James Scott who, again????

Yes, I completely agree ... and I say that as someone who thinks James Scott is sex on a stick, lol.  NuEj and Nicole are hot!

9 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I missed much of the OG Nicole-EJ pairing, but dang if I don't love these two together right now. They seem to have a... mature? relationship. (By Salem standards).

Yes, absolutely!  I was coming here to post the same thing.  Nicole is so much better as someone who recognizes and accepts her shortcomings and mistakes and isn't raked over the coals by the likes of Dr. Tan or Father Eric for not being good enough.  Fuck that shit.

I've missed a few days and am lost wrt the devil storyline.  I'll just enjoy the performances and try not to make sense of any of it, which is probably for the best anyway.

It was great to see AS/Sami today!

• Love 4

To add to the discussion of John’s past loves… Rojohn/Diana (original version with Genie Francis, not ridiculous recast redux) is under-rated. Campy, but Diana had a lot of personality and it was almost as if she inadvertently wore Rojohn down when he planned to grieve for Doc forever. 

• Love 3

I must not have been watching during John/Kristen, as none of that seems familiar to me. 

I remember RoJohn when he was the Pawn. When Marlena thought he was Roman. When he and Isabella fell in love (loved them together).  John and Genie Francis's Diana.  And, of course, the affair.  When did John/Kristen occur?

Still enjoying Nu-EJ and Nicole.   Good to see Sami.   

About John's captivity, wonder if it's still only a couple days after Halloween in Salem time, and in the next day or so he'll get free, in order to get the timeline up to Thanksgiving.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

About John's captivity, wonder if it's still only a couple days after Halloween in Salem time, and in the next day or so he'll get free, in order to get the timeline up to Thanksgiving.

Yea, it's like a day or 2 after Halloween right now in the show timeline. And then suddenly it'll be Thanksgiving. That's soaps for ya lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know it is heresy, but I have often said I liked Drake Hogestyn with every other woman he was paired with except Doc. Marlena's second go-round when she came back in '91 started off well enough, but...I don't know...to me, Marlena is a "colder" character than what she once was.

John and sane Kristen were nice. I LOVED RoJohn with Isabella and even liked his brief flirtations with Rebecca (post Isabella, anyone remember her?) and with Yvette when he was Roman (and I recall Victor somehow being involved in that, too!).

I agree with you somewhat in that Marlena was not the same after her return from the dead but I always attributed that to her traumatic experiences with Roman's death, being kidnapped by Orpheus and Stefano, being in a coma for 5 years. Not to mention being separated from her children.  Awful writers also had a hand in destroying what made Marlena an awesome character in her original run..

I adored Roman and Marlena, Rojohn and Marlena and John/Marlena but I lost interest in them after a while because John should have remained Roman.. Drake's Roman was a better character than John. John became a dumbass and I don't care for dumb men.. How could John not tell that Kristen was not pregnant..

Drake's Roman had excellent chemistry with all of his leading ladies. Roman and Diana was my favorite pairing..It is too bad that Ron destroyed Diana..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

I don't like Nicole, and NuEj is a drip so I find their scenes a snooze-fest and lacking any kind of chemistry. I could skip them and not feel like I missed anything important.  Plus I have a completely different take on their interactions.  All I see when they are on screen together is wounded ego EJ licking his wounds after "Samantha" got action from someone else and he didn't, and Nicole just passing the time because her husband left her after her epic oppsie with Zander and she doesn't know what to do with her feelings for Rafe. 

Also yesterday the continuity error with SOARS was glaring as they transitioned from scenes of Sami who remembers her mother's origional possession because she was a teenager to scenes of younger "happy days" John and Kristin....Kristin who later had 'pregnant with EJ' Susan Banks pretend to be her. So what is Days doing w/that timeline now?  Are they pretending that those '90s scenes of Kristin and John together happened AFTER she tricked him into thinking she was carrying his child? Because if EJ isn't supposed to be Samantha's younger man, then he'd have had to have been born before the flashback scenes. Or the '90s flashbacks are now supposed to be '70s flashbacks? 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's why I preferred EJ/Nicole. I mean Nicole didn't have the moral hangups of being a Dimera wife but she is far more grounded than Sami is plus EJ didn't rape her so there's that. 

That being said neither are each other's first choice either which sucks because they should be.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I also liked Nicole and EJ. They seem to hit if off and have a mature relationship. No games, no anything. They seem to sort of actually like each other and accept each other for who they are.

ITA to all the above. I'm glad their relationship (whatever it is right now...fromance? half friendship/romance) is drama free.

6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I adored Roman and Marlena,

My mom was the first to watch Orig Recipe Wayne Northrop Roman and Marlena. In fact, she loved this pairing so much, she got a freaking POSTER of the couple!  It's because of her that I started watching DOOL. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Yes. I actually thought the John “Kristen” kiss was pretty hot, but then was thinking about how much his breath must stink after 17 days! 

I doubt if he's been near a toilet in that time, either.

• LOL 1

MarDevil greeting Steve/Kayla with "Hello, hello Thanksgiving!" had me rolling. I watched it multiple times. Also, I will now be saying that to everyone I see on Thanksgiving.

Johnny having a waxed chest except for a tiny tuft of like 10 hairs between his boobs was cracking me up.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree I prefer John's non Doc pairings as far as romantic options. I have never cared for Jarlena as an item. I feel like its more about physical attraction above all else with them plus they seem to love each other more than their kids and that always bothered me for some reason.

That being said Jarlena's family dynamic does work so that tends to offset any issues I have with the romance side of things.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, buffynut said:

I must not have been watching during John/Kristen, as none of that seems familiar to me. 

I remember RoJohn when he was the Pawn. When Marlena thought he was Roman. When he and Isabella fell in love (loved them together).  John and Genie Francis's Diana.  And, of course, the affair.  When did John/Kristen occur?

Still enjoying Nu-EJ and Nicole.   Good to see Sami.   

John/Kristen happened after John/Marlena's affair. So it was around 1994-96. This was when Jennifer/Kristen/Billie had that friendship trio.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Chanel, you know perfectly well that you can't just take off to Italy for two weeks and leave Allie high and dry at *your* bakery. Allie probably can't do all the baking on her own plus find childcare for Henry so quickly. It's a nice romantic dream but that is it. You do have to plan in advance.

Nice to see Henry and he looks like he would be about 14 months old or so. Wonder if the twin blankets will now make an appearance. Bringing cookies for Thanksgiving dessert when there will be lots of pie and other desserts to go around?

Kayla and Steve seem pretty suspicious of Doc. As they should be. Things aren't adding up and her not being worried about her husband's whereabouts is weird. Good for Steve for running in to Johnny. Maybe he will bring up the Ouija board and seeing Grandma in a red devil outfit at the DiMera Crypt on Halloween. Not that folks will believe him.

Mama Paulina sure is right about Doc. You do listen to the suspicious senior citizens. Sometimes they have had experience to know when something isn't right. It is strange that Eli invited Olivia and no one else. She was in on the deception.

Doug looked pretty frail at the end. I suppose that would be the case if he was on heavy medication so he wouldn't speak up at Bayview.

• Love 8

Little Henry is a Cutie.  I liked that he looked more like Allie/Sami, and I love that Sami’s DNA seems to triumph over that of the father’s of her offspring.  

Well damn, I was hoping Chanel’s dream about her mother rejecting her would be real, and Raven Bowens might actually get something meaty to work with.  

Johnnie and Chanel wanting to run off to escape their problems was so irresponsible that I couldn’t help but laugh and roll my eyes at the same time, especially when both have struggled to pursue their “dreams”.  

Thank God Belle figured out how to get Doug freed from captivity, because I can’t wait to see what happens when MarDevil finds out.  Hell Hath No Fury, indeed!  

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m glad they are using Belle and Shawn more. They always seem like afterthoughts to me.

I am too.  As much as I'm not interested in any more kids on the show, I'd be down for Shawna and Belle having another one.  If Ollie and Ciara can have one, why can't a couple who are at least in shouting distance of sanity have a kid??  (Their first attempt was pretty much a bust).

• Love 10
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

John/Kristen happened after John/Marlena's affair. So it was around 1994-96. This was when Jennifer/Kristen/Billie had that friendship trio.

Weird, I don't remember it. Maybe I was busy at work at the time, and took a break from recording the show. 

6 hours ago, boes said:

I am too.  As much as I'm not interested in any more kids on the show, I'd be down for Shawna and Belle having another one.  If Ollie and Ciara can have one, why can't a couple who are at least in shouting distance of sanity have a kid??  (Their first attempt was pretty much a bust).

Given Ron’s usual disregard for continuity and history, he should do something useful with it for once and just have Shelle’s teenage son Bo appear one day and have everyone pretend he has existed all along.

• LOL 13

Great double cliffhanger.

Did Susan stab John?  Likely not, but where'd all the blood come from?

Will anyone believe Doug, or will they all think it's his dementia, or confusion from the drugs?

Also great confrontation between Paulina and MarDevil.    LOL at Paulina calling the police, then not knowing how to explain what she'd just seen.

And sweet scenes between Paulina and Chanel.   Though not impressed Chanel leaving Allie in charge of the bakery, for possibly weeks, as she couldn't be sure she'd be back by Christmas.

Also liked that one of my questions was answered.  Why does Susan have to kill John, when MarDevil could do it.  Because, as John explained, the devil wants to poison Susan's soul, by having her become a murderer.

Oh, one last thing, since when has the Horton house had one of those unlocked doors that everyone can just come on in, whenever the please.  Can't even pretend Harold or Henderson let them in.  Oh, and where's Jack?  Shouldn't he have been at the Thanksgiving family dinner.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, boes said:

7 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Given Ron’s usual disregard for continuity and history, he should do something useful with it for once and just have Shelle’s teenage son Bo appear one day and have everyone pretend he has existed all along.

It's been sooooo long so I can't remember the details anymore.

Remember when Belle and Philip were married and Shawn was married to Mimi(?) and each couple tried to have a baby via in vitro?  Of course there was a mixup, so what happened to the fetuses that were conceived:

Shelle fetus

Phimi fetus

Did I get it wrong? Am I hopelessly confused about what happened? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Remember when Belle and Philip were married and Shawn was married to Mimi(?) and each couple tried to have a baby via in vitro?  Of course there was a mixup, so what happened to the fetuses that were conceived:

Shelle fetus

Phimi fetus

Did I get it wrong? Am I hopelessly confused about what happened? 

If I remember correctly, Philip/Belle needed in vitro to get pregnant. Shawn and Mimi were also were trying and going to use a surrogate because Mimi's earlier abortion made it difficult to carry a baby. They were all waiting for the fertization of the eggs before implanted.

Enter the Black Glove which was most likely EJ Wells trying to mess with the Bradys. Belle's egg got Shawn and Mimi's egg got Philip. They found out about the switch and before anything could happen storywise, Belle miscarried. Mimi and Philip agreed that they didn't want to continue the pregnancy and assumed that the surrogate got an abortion. We find out later that Bonnie paid off the surrogate to have the baby.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If I remember correctly, Philip/Belle needed in vitro to get pregnant. Shawn and Mimi were also were trying and going to use a surrogate because Mimi's earlier abortion made it difficult to carry a baby. They were all waiting for the fertization of the eggs before implanted.

Enter the Black Glove which was most likely EJ Wells trying to mess with the Bradys. Belle's egg got Shawn and Mimi's egg got Philip. They found out about the switch and before anything could happen storywise, Belle miscarried. Mimi and Philip agreed that they didn't want to continue the pregnancy and assumed that the surrogate got an abortion. We find out later that Bonnie paid off the surrogate to have the baby.

Thanks for responding.  Also, OMG - I totally forgot about Black Glove. I would laugh out loud whenever they showed Black Glove with a clenched fist, shaking!  It was just so damn absurd!!!  

• Love 3

Was Julie's thanksgiving meal held at the Horton house?? If it was, I thought (as much as I dislike them) Ciara and Ben should have been there and maybe even Jack since he lives there. I loved seeing feisty Julie finally go toe-to-to with MarDevil, and Doug finally come out of his drug-induced haze and spill the beans about Marlena. 

I enjoyed Paulina & Chanel's heart-to-heart and do think Paulina was being sincere in everything she said to her youngest daughter. I'm glad Chanel now knows why Paulina asked Lani to be her maid of honor and she knows where she stands with her mother. 

I wasn't paying any attention to the Susan & John scenes but seeing Susan covered in blood at the end certainly got my attention. That better be John's blood (to up the stakes in this possession storyline) and better not be that she killed a big old rat in the crypt. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

I actually wouldn't mind this.  It's preferable to another back from the dead story, or baby switch/who's your daddy or mommy story, or frankly any story that involves Ben.

• Love 4

I think that would be a good idea and not the strangest thing Days has done. They could find out Baby Bo was in the black market which would revisit Belle almost being caught up in one this could unravel  other babies being caught up in it which could involve Shawn,Eli, Lani(since they're all cops).

However this would require thought and nuance this show lacks

• Love 5

I liked Paulina's and Chanel's conversation. No mugging and two adult women talking. Paulina owned her stuff. Never told Chanel that she was less than anything - just that she had two beautiful daughters. Chanel is only in her early to mid twenties so of course things will be different with Lani than with her.

Must be vacation time for the actress who plays Chanel. The holiday season would be hugely busy at the bakery and leaving it in Allie's hands is inconsiderate. They can make a small fortune selling cookies and cakes and Yule logs  and peppermint bark and other holiday treats. She and Johnny could go to Italy in January, when everyone will be on a diet.

I also liked Paulina's confrontation with Marlena. And that she got to see that the devil may care attitude is real. Calling 911 was funny, but who do you call?

I don't recall ever seeing the Horton house dining room. Wonder if it is a new set. How does Mardevil just walk in to the house and dining room? Don't people lock their front door and doesn't anyone call before they drop in?

At least Steve got some real clues from Johnny. Grandma in the red Devil outfit on Halloween, the crypt, etc.

Wonder whose blood was on Susan - did the crypt have a rat (as someone else suggested), or did she stab herself or John?

Liked Doug waking up from his meds and calling Marlena the Devil.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't recall ever seeing the Horton house dining room. Wonder if it is a new set.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but I'm glad they had a table.  I watched Bold and the Beautiful today while getting ready to run errands, and the millionaires were eating Thanksgiving dinner with plates on their laps in the living room.  Stupidly, it's been bugging me all day that the producers couldn't even get these people a damn table. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I loved seeing feisty Julie finally go toe-to-to with MarDevil

Ergh. I know Julie's right but does she have to be so goddamned shrill? Like, calm your tits Julie, you can be happy about this AND quiet.

I keep forgetting EJ's name is actually Elvis Jr. I can still remember when pregnant Susan fell in love with John and imagined him dressed as Elvis marrying her. Good times.

• Love 3