Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

None of them bled - they are zombies.  They don't have hearts and blood and all that jazz.  We know that Nicole really did see and stab Deimos, but the scissors weren't bloody either.  

Charlie definitely had blood running down his face because I remember thinking how convenient that none of it got on Nicole's cream colored couch pillows.  But then I'm fussy about my décor like that. 😁

5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also look forward to how Ava's going to convince the cops that Charlie killed Carmine.  I guess explaining that "zombies did it" is considered plausible deniability?

I kinda suspect we'll get a scene where Charlie's fingerprints come back on that knife. After all, Charlie made a point to Allie that he was there in the flesh and when she touched his face she could tell he was real/solid.

But it also wouldn't surprise me that the Salem PD is used to having files where previously dead citizens are now alive and committing crime again. The only difference this time is that Rolf didn't bring them back.    

Re: Who's boring?

Everyone on today's (11/4) show! 

As for Rafe, I don't know if I think he's boring but I do think he needs a good shrink (not Marlena obviously) so he can figure out why a "good guy" like himself who values "law and order" has such an uncontrollable attraction to "bad girls" who (as Allie would probably phrase it) have a flexible relationship with abiding by the law.  He's piling up an endless string of failed relationships (Sami, Kate, Ava, and soon Nicole) with women who he really isn't compatible with, and thus who he will never find a "happily ever after" with.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Re: Who's boring?

Everyone on today's (11/4) show! 

As for Rafe, I don't know if I think he's boring but I do think he needs a good shrink (not Marlena obviously) so he can figure out why a "good guy" like himself who values "law and order" has such an uncontrollable attraction to "bad girls" who (as Allie would probably phrase it) have a flexible relationship with abiding by the law.  He's piling up an endless string of failed relationships (Sami, Kate, Ava, and soon Nicole) with women who he really isn't compatible with, and thus who he will never find a "happily ever after" with.

This is what I'm saying... everyone is boring lately!  The show is super boring!  The devil storyline is stupid and not at all like I remember it in the 90s. 

No one is rescuing brides on motorcycles, or hanging in bird cages over vats of acid, or getting stranded on deserted islands after a cruise ship crashed, or even finding aliens landing in an egg!  I stopped watching for a month and started again last week and I'm fairly certain that I missed absolutely nothing.  

• Love 1
21 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Definitely before he took that final dirt nap he was. 

Before that he was quirky/nerdy but not too OTT with it either. Then they had him go off the deep end with Melanie and well you get the rest. 

Well...anyone would go off the deep end with Miss Smirky. Ugh - I really disliked that character and to this day, I refuse to believe she's the spawn of the Incomparable, the Spectacular Carly Manning/Katerina Von Leaschner!

Hey - I just thought of something: they should have had Melanie hook up with CM's Will so they could have a Smirk-Off. Two Enter. One Leaves. Dun-dun-dun!

15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Of all the Zombie shows/movies that I’ve seen, I don’t think The Devil was the source of the Zombies, so I’m fine with the Show doing something different.  But the “death” of these Zombies was mostly stupid, regardless.  The only thing I thought was somewhat interesting was that Saint Tripp was able to bash his brother’s head in but I doubt there will be any emotional consequences to it.  

Another vote for this being really bad.  Seeing Mike Manning again was the only reason I didn’t totally hate it.  

I don’t care if Tripp and Allie lurve each other, because they’re as dull as dirt, and I never needed to see Nicole and Rafe succumb to their ridiculous forbidden lust for each other.

Can we have EJ back to being an asshole tomorrow?  It’s about the only thing I have to look forward to with this Show.  

My internet/cable has been spotty the last couple of days so I haven't been able to watch.  I'm "watching" via the DOOL forum here. Maybe Allie told Tripp she loves him as a spur of the moment thing because he rescued (or at least tried) her from Charlie?!

Seems like I haven't missed much...

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This is what I'm saying... everyone is boring lately!  The show is super boring!  The devil storyline is stupid and not at all like I remember it in the 90s. 

No one is rescuing brides on motorcycles, or hanging in bird cages over vats of acid, or getting stranded on deserted islands after a cruise ship crashed, or even finding aliens landing in an egg!  I stopped watching for a month and started again last week and I'm fairly certain that I missed absolutely nothing.  

So you're bored. Now I understand.  That's cool, we've all been there.

Doesn't mean everyone else, on or off the show, is.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, boes said:

So you're bored. Now I understand.  That's cool, we've all been there.

Doesn't mean everyone else, on or off the show, is.

Right...  Isn't that what I was saying?  Every post is just that poster's own opinion.  I'm saying, in my opinion, that I didn't agree with singling out just one character as being boring when they are ALL boring.  I wish the show could be good again, but it's just not.  In my opinion.  😉

• Love 3
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Well...anyone would go off the deep end with Miss Smirky. Ugh - I really disliked that character and to this day, I refuse to believe she's the spawn of the Incomparable, the Spectacular Carly Manning/Katerina Von Leaschner!

Hey - I just thought of something: they should have had Melanie hook up with CM's Will so they could have a Smirk-Off. Two Enter. One Leaves. Dun-dun-dun!

My internet/cable has been spotty the last couple of days so I haven't been able to watch.  I'm "watching" via the DOOL forum here. Maybe Allie told Tripp she loves him as a spur of the moment thing because he rescued (or at least tried) her from Charlie?!

Seems like I haven't missed much...

I tend to forget they're related half the time although I don't blame Lawrence for getting rid of her lol.

I always think of Nicky as her only child.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Right...  Isn't that what I was saying?  Every post is just that poster's own opinion.  I'm saying, in my opinion, that I didn't agree with singling out just one character as being boring when they are ALL boring.  I wish the show could be good again, but it's just not.  In my opinion.  😉

No don't think that's at all what you said, at least until now.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Well...anyone would go off the deep end with Miss Smirky. Ugh - I really disliked that character and to this day,

Oh I so loathed Melanie Jonas too.  Wherever she went off to, I hope the show leaves her there for good. 

6 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Dr. Snyder died in July (?) and no one cleaned out his office yet?  

And the chief of staff was totally cool letting her entitled niece who is not a hospital employee go through it for her own personal gain. 🙄  HR couldn't be bothered to send his personal items to his next of kin already.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Watching Today’s episode and reading how boring everyone is lol.  
   Dr. Snyder died in July (?) and no one cleaned out his office yet?  

I think Kayla said it was locked until recently for police reasons? She said she took the medical records but that was it. 

• Love 2

Victor was hysterical saying the living room was booked. That entire exchange about lunch, friends, barber. Best part of the show was Victors one liners and going to stop the wedding. 

EJ would not leave Kristen like that with a letter. That was out of character.

Sonny and his brothers? Does Justin remember the name of his other kids?

Jack suddenly calls Xander his best mate? After how he wrote articles on him and tested him, that's best mate?

Gwen and innocent don't belong in same sentence she should be in jail for the drugging of Abby to point of brain damage then trying to drug her more after. 

Why not just have all the kids in one group instead of 2 phones?

Finally the miscarriage time is found out. Stupid lie considering Jack never cared what Gwen did to Abby why would he care now.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Victor was hysterical saying the living room was booked. That entire exchange about lunch, friends, barber. Best part of the show was Victors one liners and going to stop the wedding. 

Maggie: If anyone here has reason to object, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Victor: *slowly raises hand*

Justin: Don't even think about it.

Victor: Worth a try.

😂😂😂

HDU call Bonnie "Dollar Store Dolly Parton", writers! Dolly is a legit angel from Heaven and Bonnie is...not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Nice to see Xander again. Poor guy will never get his million dollars. Does Melinda think that EJ won't come calling?

About time that Gwen's miscarriage lie comes out. Only Abs and Chad will care. Gwen is not innocent and deserves some sort of comeuppance for her actions.

Team Victor about Bonnie. John Aniston just seems to have aged in the past few months. Hope he is okay. No need to get married in the living room. Surely you can wait a day to find a Justice of the Peace.

I too was surprised that EJ left Kristen a letter. Unless it was payback for the letter she sent him regarding Sami cheating on him.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rafe also latches on to other characters and drags them down by virtue of the show insisting on keeping him around and assigning him to new partners. Why was poor Hope stuck with him for what felt like 4 years? He's made Ava boring and domestic....and now its Nicole's turn? Ugh.

Sami was chained to him for three years and that was three years too long.

The problem with Rafe (and I could go on forever) is that show keeps saying he is this great guy but he's not. I think that they wanted him to be like 21st century version of Roman, cop hero who would do anything to get justice and protect the people that he loves. Roman in his heyday especially when played WN or Drake when he thought he was Roman, was heroic but flawed. They were charming and had a joie de vivre. While I heard GG is very charming in real life, onscreen he is flat as can be.

Rafe never thinks that he wrong. He is judgmental and dour. The show keeps saying he is a good cop, but he has been fired by the FBI twice and multiples times by the Salem PCPD because he broke the rules or just failed at him job. He doesn't respect the law (with the many times he break it) but sneers at anyone who gets accused of a crime.

He cheated on Sami by lusting after her sister.

He cheated on Jordan by sleeping with Kate.

He slept with Sami when Hope called off the engagement because Hope was police commisioner and his nose was out of joint because she was his boss.

He slept with Nicole just now despite the fact that he has been living with Ava this past year.

As a character, I don't trust him as a cop and I wouldn't trust him in a relationship when things get rough.

I actually liked GG on Passions even if his character was as dumb as Brady, and actually was pleased when he was first cast on DOOL. 

Rafe works best as brother/friend. That's it. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Maybe Allie told Tripp she loves him as a spur of the moment thing because he rescued (or at least tried) her from Charlie?!

Yes, she said it after Charlie had been sent back to wherever he came from due to Saint Tripp bashing him over the head with a frying pan.  It was quite romantic.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Poor guy will never get his million dollars.

It all struck me as funny when I read that.  

Look at Trask trying to get in on the dirty dealings.  I was pleasantly surprised that she decided to throw her hat into the ring, even though I hope Xander wipes the floor with her.  

Chad having the balls to go visit Kristin while EJ stayed away felt contrived to me.  I kept wondering if maybe they couldn’t afford to pay DF for the day. 

Looking forward to Abigail blowing up Gwen’s life!  WooHoo!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

And the chief of staff was totally cool letting her entitled niece who is not a hospital employee go through it for her own personal gain. 🙄  HR couldn't be bothered to send his personal items to his next of kin already.

I really shouldn't be surprised anymore but goddamn does Abigail still have the run of this town or what? The Princess Returns 😄

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I adore John A for bringing the snark as only he can. Team Victor!!!

Regarding Maggie though, she used to loathe Bonnie...right? I'd forgotten until I saw clips online recently but didn't BonBon steal away her husband Mickey back in the 2000s? And then she tried to marry Victor more recently, right? And yet...I know Maggie supported her participating in Xmas Eve this past year. Isn't that a drastic 180, though? I'm just having trouble with Maggie being on her side now that I'm remembering their long history. Plus she raped Lucas and sent Adrienne to prison. There's...not much to like about her. Why does Maggie care?

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

EJ would not leave Kristen like that with a letter. That was out of character.

Weeeelll back when EJ was trying to look good in front of Sami, he refused to represent Kristen during the Rape of Eric trial. So he's turned his back on her before.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Chad having the balls to go visit Kristin while EJ stayed away felt contrived to me.  I kept wondering if maybe they couldn’t afford to pay DF for the day. 

Agreed. Chad seems less likely than EJ to give a flying fig about nutso Kristen, who jokes about stabbing ancient Victor again because ha...ha?

Yeah no, Chad has few to no good memories of her and a moral compass. Kristen nearly killed Kate, his surrogate mother. You'd think he'd be pissed off.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I didn't even know that.  So, Frankie happens to pick up a stray kid off the street and it's the adopted brother of his sister's daughter?  Seriously, what are the odds?

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

Finally the miscarriage time is found out. Stupid lie considering Jack never cared what Gwen did to Abby why would he care now.

THIS!  THIS!  THIS!  Jack kept bending over backwards taking Gwen's side so he'll just skip right past the lie about the timing of the miscarriage and be all "poor Gwen's had such a difficult life let me love her MORE.  Um, Abigail who?"

14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

About time that Gwen's miscarriage lie comes out. Only Abs and Chad will care. Gwen is not innocent and deserves some sort of comeuppance for her actions.

If there's any compeuppance it'll be very brief and the narrative will be 'Why Can't Evil Abby Just Let It Go and Forgive/Forget Already?!"

14 hours ago, nilyank said:

As a character, I don't trust him as a cop and I wouldn't trust him in a relationship when things get rough.

I actually liked GG on Passions even if his character was as dumb as Brady, and actually was pleased when he was first cast on DOOL. 

Rafe works best as brother/friend. That's it. 

OK, is senility setting in early for me...or am I just now realizing that GG portrayed a cop on both Passions and DOOL?!   If this is correct, I guess it's just been sooooo long since I watched Passions, I really couldn't remember what his occupation was on that show. The only things I remember about GG on Passions were:  he had siblings, he had a romance with Sheridan (the two danced the tango alot - not a euphemism), and he was supposed to be part Latino (Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald).

Finally, re: the bolded...wish I could heart that a million.

• Love 4

Does no one in Salem have a GP? They all go directly to the ER for anything. Good thing there wasn't a shooting in Murder Park, a zombie apocalypse, or a warehouse explosion to deal with while Ciara was taking up precious resources.

I was digging this slightly naughty version of Trask, although, her going to talk to Jack seemed strange at first - the way it was written made it seem like she was going to storm in there based on some kind of legal precedent. 

• Love 3

Trask has always been a by the books stickler, but she's never been corrupt before.  I'm disappointed.

It just occurred to me that nobody has talked to Chad about losing HIS baby.  And he doesn't seem particularly shook up about it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Trask has always been a by the books stickler, but she's never been corrupt before.  I'm disappointed.

It just occurred to me that nobody has talked to Chad about losing HIS baby.  And he doesn't seem particularly shook up about it.

Well the writers didn't put much thought into this story so I'm not surprised. I mean it would've been a nice tie in of Chad to bring up how this brought up memories of Grace but the show doesn't care about Chad's POV on things unless it involves Chabby(if that).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Despite some noises he's made in the past about the miscarriage, we all know that in his heart of hearts, Chad is RELIEVED he and Gwen won't share a baby.

First, how exactly would he explain to Charlotte & Thomas that he's having a baby with Auntie Gwen (btw, do the kids even know she's Aunt Gwen, or still think she's the former nanny?).

Second, I'm not sure the Chabigail marriage would have survived the reality of a Chwen baby, and Chad kept saying over and over through all of this that he still wants his marriage. I was a Chabby fan when MM assumed the role, but it would have been OK with me if DOOL ended this couple mostly because of the Truths spoken the night after Chad slept with Gwen, when Chad talked to Gwen about Abigail's mental illness and the whole Stefan and Gabigail storylines. He expressed some genuine mistrust (and even hate?) towards Abi.  DOOL just hopped over that like it never happened. 

[And as I posted in the past, from Abi's POV, she spoke some truths to Chad. She told him that if he truly trusted her, he never would have believed Gwen for one nanosecond about the supposed Jake affair. If he trusted her and had faith in her, nothing anyone said would have made him doubt her. Anyhoo, there are fundamental problems in that marriage but DOOL is gonna DOOL and pretend the Truth Talks never happened].

29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

God I loathe Abby. Even when she is technically right she is so hateful

Yeah, Abigail has done heinous things but on the entire Gwen storyline, I'm 120% Team Abigail. She can be as smug, condescending and mean as she wants to be in today's episode.  That she wasn't more so speaks to the difference in how MM & KM portrayed Abigail. I think Mansi would have been more vicious and shouty/shrieky. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well the writers didn't put much thought into this story so I'm not surprised. I mean it would've been a nice tie in of Chad to bring up how this brought up memories of Grace but the show doesn't care about Chad's POV on things unless it involves Chabby(if that).

Well, the difference is that Grace was actually born, whereas the Chwen baby died in utero. 

P.S.  the creepy dead eyes of Mia  (Grace's mom) still scare me to this day. {{{{ shiver }}}}

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Does no one in Salem have a GP? They all go directly to the ER for anything. Good thing there wasn't a shooting in Murder Park, a zombie apocalypse, or a warehouse explosion to deal with while Ciara was taking up precious resources.

I love this! 

Ciara is beyond grating, and it just keeps getting worse and worse now that the Necktie Princess is preggers.  I know my real world ob/gyn basically tells you if you've taken a pregnancy test and it's positive then they don't want to see you till 8 weeks because they'd do the same test.  But we all know how Kayla drops everything to cater to her entitled nieces so instead of sending her to the lab for some blood work, she drew it herself and presumably did an exam judging by Ciara's hospital gown, not that at this early stage a pelvic exam would have told her anything.  Now had she felt the baby's head with palpable horns then the scene would have been worth it. Or maybe Kayla could have explained the timeline on this pregnancy because I'm still scratching my head trying to determine exactly how much time has passed in Salem. I swear it's barely been 2 weeks since they threw out those pill, and while the viewers know the devil is running this baby shower, the parents-to-be don't. So has enough time even passed for Ciara to have a missing period? It definitely hasn't been long enough for morning sickness to kick in so I'm sure that tummy ache she had was just Roman's cooking. Hell Halloween lasted about 5 days our time so I figure at best it's only the 1st or 2nd of November for them.  

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

God I loathe Abby. Even when she is technically right she is so hateful

Same here! What a complete bitch.  "I have a rich, loving family with two parents so I know how to love, but you're single-parent lower class dirt so you don't." I really wish someone...maybe Zander...would have told her what an entitled brat she is and pointed out that:

a.) she'd have known Gwen already lost the baby if she'd have shut her spoiled bitchy mouth long enough to let her talk as that's what Gwen came there to say that day.

b.) it doesn't change the fact that Aba-bitch believed Gwen was pregnant when she screamed at and grabbed Gwen roughly. In that moment, Abs didn't care what happened to the baby. 

c). it also doesn't change the fact that her husband was stupid enough to get drunk and boned her half-sister

So Abs life isn't so much better than anyone else's nor does she radiate love so she can quit acting like her shit doesn't stink cause the odor was oozing out of her ass today. I also call total bullshit on her "I hated to hurt dad" bullshit because she wouldn't care who she hurt if she thought it would restore her saint status. And man do I hope Gwen and Zander file charges against her and Kayla. 

• Love 13

Wonder if when Xander finds out that Gwen was exposed, he can claim the million bucks back from Melinda. Secret's out so the money should go to its rightful owner.

Ciara, surely you have your own doctor and don't have to tie up resources at the hospital from folks who actually need care. You probably can book an appointment with your own doctor or get a referral and start your prenatal care. Chances are your baby came about on your New Orleans honeymoon. Or Mardevil had something to do with it. Hi Susan Banks! Surely you'd think you'd visit your son EJ first.

Steve should think it odd that John just vanished.

Abigail, you grew up with better clothes and a better education. You are not any better than Gwen. Stop treating her like a second class citizen. She is your half sister. You don't have to like her. Why isn't Chad getting anything for his involvement with this?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Same here! What a complete bitch.  "I have a rich, loving family with two parents so I know how to love, but you're single-parent lower class dirt so you don't." I really wish someone...maybe Zander...would have told her what an entitled brat she is and pointed out that:

She really is the worst.  I've never like the character, but it was when she made fun of Anne for adopting homeless cats that she was truly dead to me.  DIAF, Abigail.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

So was all that zombie stuff Belles dream ?

If so did she dream Nicole and Rafe hooking up ?

That's one nightmare too far to inflict on poor Belle - or anyone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

What a complete bitch.  "I have a rich, loving family with two parents so I know how to love, but you're single-parent lower class dirt so you don't." I really wish someone...maybe Zander...would have told her what an entitled brat she is and pointed out that:

a.) she'd have known Gwen already lost the baby if she'd have shut her spoiled bitchy mouth long enough to let her talk as that's what Gwen came there to say that day.

b.) it doesn't change the fact that Aba-bitch believed Gwen was pregnant when she screamed at and grabbed Gwen roughly. In that moment, Abs didn't care what happened to the baby. 

c). it also doesn't change the fact that her husband was stupid enough to get drunk and boned her half-sister

So Abs life isn't so much better than anyone else's nor does she radiate love so she can quit acting like her shit doesn't stink cause the odor was oozing out of her ass today. I also call total bullshit on her "I hated to hurt dad" bullshit because she wouldn't care who she hurt if she thought it would restore her saint status. And man do I hope Gwen and Zander file charges against her and Kayla. 

This this this. All of this! And I too am hoping Gwen will sue Abigail. The Gwen and Abigail relationship is actually really interesting and entertaining to me and I prefer Abigail when she's simply acting like the bitch she is so I am down for this new development with them. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Well, the difference is that Grace was actually born, whereas the Chwen baby died in utero. 

P.S.  the creepy dead eyes of Mia  (Grace's mom) still scare me to this day. {{{{ shiver }}}}

True but he had as much of a bond with her as Chad did with this kid. However this show acts like he didn't have an existence before Abby came along which isn't accurate(same with Abby when it comes to Chad but I digress).

I actually liked Taylor Spreitler(Mia) in other roles but as Mia yeah I agree.

15 hours ago, tribeca said:

So was all that zombie stuff Belles dream ?

If so did she dream Nicole and Rafe hooking up ?

If she dreamed the latter I need to know why Belle would dream such a thing in the first place...

As for Gwen/Abigail I don't care for either and am just glad that their superior sibling JJ is not involved at all in any of this. I hope it remains that way.

I do think Gwen is better in scenes that don't involve her actual family members as I enjoyed her a lot more with Jake/Claire and her scenes with Charlie beyond that she's a poorly conceived character.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4

So the DA is a blackmailer now? Her cause is good but not her way of going about it. She has no moral high ground now.

Gwen is something else, trying to claim Abby is off her meds or having a mental break when Gwen drugged her to brain damage which took her away from her kids and then continued to try and drug her. 

Then the audacity to say she can call the police? For what? Abby being  let into the office and finding a paper in a book. I could care less for Gwen's years, she can go now. The writing to prop her ruined characters.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2021 at 10:07 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Same here! What a complete bitch.  "I have a rich, loving family with two parents so I know how to love, but you're single-parent lower class dirt so you don't." I really wish someone...maybe Zander...would have told her what an entitled brat she is and pointed out that 

Maybe Gwen could  have grown up in a loving home if Grandma Laura had not taken it upon herself to keep Jack from knowing that Gwen existed.   

I know the show loves its supposed heroes,  but this reveal leaves a lot of egg on Kayla's and Abigail's faces.  I guess ethics and laws are just guidelines for the heroes.

• Love 12

Cry me a river Gwen.

You care so much about an individual's privacy?  You didn't care about medical privacy when you were researching Abigail's history to know what drugs to use that would make Abigail hallucinate and appear to be suffering again from mental illness did you?  How about all those other times you did whatever it took to get what you wanted?

As the saying goes, "what goes around, comes around."  

Or another one:  "Don't start none, won't be none." 

YOU started all of this, but want to cry foul when you get back just a little of what you've thrown out?  "Wah, wah, Abigail was mean to me about a baby I only had because I slept with her husband after telling that husband that she was sleeping with his brother, she exposed the malicious lie I told about her, she was BORN."  STFU.  Abigail doesn't owe her any courtesy.  Why Gwen thinks she does just shows how entitled and stupid she is. She tried to kill someone (although that conveniently never gets mentioned anymore, just lying to Chad) and have told all these lies about this person with no provocation from her, but she better not DARE to try to retaliate.  She should make peace for me and Daddy, but ME, I get to use my sad story to continue to lie.

The dumb bitch really thinks she has some free pass to just go around doing whatever she wants.  She doesn't seem to comprehend why Jack might just be a little pissed off that after he's given her multiple chances and passes that her continuing to go after Abigail might just be a problem for him.  Jack is always going to love and want Abigail.  Deal with it Gwen.  You aren't a replacement.  She seems to think that now that she's around, Abigail should just disappear so she can have her turn with Daddy.  It doesn't work like that.

But I want to see her go after Kayla.  You don't want that smoke Gwen.  As Jack pointed out, Steve saved you from prison. I'd love to see his reaction to you setting your bulls eye on Kayla.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/5/2021 at 10:07 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Ciara is beyond grating, and it just keeps getting worse and worse now that the Necktie Princess is preggers.  I know my real world ob/gyn basically tells you if you've taken a pregnancy test and it's positive then they don't want to see you till 8 weeks because they'd do the same test.  But we all know how Kayla drops everything to cater to her entitled nieces so instead of sending her to the lab for some blood work, she drew it herself and presumably did an exam judging by Ciara's hospital gown, not that at this early stage a pelvic exam would have told her anything.  Now had she felt the baby's head with palpable horns then the scene would have been worth it. Or maybe Kayla could have explained the timeline on this pregnancy because I'm still scratching my head trying to determine exactly how much time has passed in Salem. I swear it's barely been 2 weeks since they threw out those pill, and while the viewers know the devil is running this baby shower, the parents-to-be don't. So has enough time even passed for Ciara to have a missing period? It definitely hasn't been long enough for morning sickness to kick in so I'm sure that tummy ache she had was just Roman's cooking. Hell Halloween lasted about 5 days our time so I figure at best it's only the 1st or 2nd of November for them. 

Sigh. Necktie Princess. Wutta waste.

And yes to everything you've said. The timeline and Kayla's willingness to be on-call for their bullshit is startlingly off.

First she's cool with helping Abigail break the law and now she's tolerating Ciara's "am I preggers yet?" interruptions.

The idea of Big Hair smugly playing pregnant diva makes my blood boil. No, Ben, she really can and should answer the damn door herself! Girl can't get any more pampered than she already is!

And here's a thought - Ciara has no real education and never really works at Titan. Ben is a convicted serial killer, also with no education, who briefly worked as a grease monkey (does the fact that he still occupies the apartment over the repair shop imply he continues to, though we never see it?). How the hell will they support a kid? Oh. Right. Hope and Victor's $$$$. What total losers.

I find it nauseating how everyone now is required to talk about Ben. Belle and Shawn's post-coital discussion? Ben. Marlena's pre-levitation mutterings? "Must warn Ben!" Susan's biggest concern? Ben's new baby.

I now fully expect to see any of the characters sitting down for lunch at the Square, glancing over the menu and asking "what do you think Ben would order?"

It's like a freaking cult. They've all guzzled the Koolaid.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 11/6/2021 at 12:52 PM, Artsda said:

So the DA is a blackmailer now?

Yeah I'm not sure what I think of this. I guess I'm worried they're just going to vilify Melinda since she's always a hardass with everyone and slowly destroy her, as they do so many interesting grey supporting characters. Remember that Dr who showed interest in Jennifer and then went nuts and got killed? I don't want to see a repeat.

I almost forgave her because she said she'd use the money to make a legal fund in honor of her dead kid, but then Xander mentioned how Haylee was almost deported and that only reminded me how stupid Melinda was as a lawyer who never got her own kid's immigration papers in order. Like...huh? Really?

That's like a mother who forgets to feed her baby starting a fund to educate women about remembering to feed their kids. ????

🙄

Gwen is trash, but then so is her sister so...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know the show loves its supposed heroes,  but this reveal leaves a lot of egg on Kayla's and Abigail's faces.  I guess ethics and laws are just guidelines for the heroes.

I don't think Kayla cares too much about that stuff when it comes to her family, Abigail specifically. She, like most people in town, coddles Abigail.

• Love 4

The only time Kayla really carried about patient doctor confidentiality was when John tried to listen to Marlena and Doug session tape.  I always remember Gabi warning her not to share her medical information. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I was both laughing & rolling my eyes at Susan and her crazy channeling the spirits & then fainting when she put her hands on Ciara's stomach!  But, first, Susan was rubbing Ben's stomach & admiring his Abs, lol.   Then Marlena giving sex advice to Brady who looked astonished, lol.  Everyone is confused as to what happened on Halloween night, including me!  Lol....were the "UnDead people" real or just Hallucinations, or what?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sigh. Necktie Princess. Wutta waste.

And yes to everything you've said. The timeline and Kayla's willingness to be on-call for their bullshit is startlingly off.

First she's cool with helping Abigail break the law and now she's tolerating Ciara's "am I preggers yet?" interruptions.

The idea of Big Hair smugly playing pregnant diva makes my blood boil. No, Ben, she really can and should answer the damn door herself! Girl can't get any more pampered than she already is!

And here's a thought - Ciara has no real education and never really works at Titan. Ben is a convicted serial killer, also with no education, who briefly worked as a grease monkey (does the fact that he still occupies the apartment over the repair shop imply he continues to, though we never see it?). How the hell will they support a kid? Oh. Right. Hope and Victor's $$$$. What total losers.

I find it nauseating how everyone now is required to talk about Ben. Belle and Shawn's post-coital discussion? Ben. Marlena's pre-levitation mutterings? "Must warn Ben!" Susan's biggest concern? Ben's new baby.

I now fully expect to see any of the characters sitting down for lunch at the Square, glancing over the menu and asking "what do you think Ben would order?"

I find myself wondering if Ben would like this post, Disney Boy.

I won't be able to rest until I know.....or until Ciara tells me what to think.

I was going to make lasagna for dinner tonight but....would BEN do that??

I just don't know WHAT to do anymore......

(I'm glad Caroline died before this crapfest began.  It would have been too much to bear, watching her kiss that serial killer's non-existent ass, or bowing to the superior knowledge of that troglydyte granddaughter of hers.)

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

IRL, a bunch of people claiming to have seen zombies (and zombies committing murder) is likely to land you in a psych hold, but this is Salem, Rafe. I mean, give them the benefit of the doubt.

MarDevil's advice to Brady was hysterical. "Show her how... big... your feelings are." I don't know how DH is getting through some of these scenes without cracking up at the sheer ridiculousness of her lines.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Well, the mobster really died.

True but he was a Human.  Charlie, Nick & Deimos were 'zombies" which I guess MarDevil brought to life, or were the Humans of Salem having 'trippy Hallucinations"?

8 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

True but he was a Human.  Charlie, Nick & Deimos were 'zombies" which I guess MarDevil brought to life, or were the Humans of Salem having 'trippy Hallucinations"?

But wasn't he killed by a zombie?

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The timeline and Kayla's willingness to be on-call for their bullshit is startlingly off.

100% on all of this!

And lol @what Ben would order. Give Mardevil a little more time and they'll all be asking WWBD ( What would Ben do)? instead of WWJD (What would Jesus do)?

Today I couldn't decide if I wanted to hug Susan for throwing cold water on Ciara's Necktie Family fantasy with all her talk about the evil embryo and ruining Princess Necktie's positive vibes, or hate her for tipping the brat off. If that baby doesn't rip through her uterus with glowing eyes and a tail I'm going to be seriously disappointed. 

Edited by Peanut6711
Typo: "does" should have been "doesn't"
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2