Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gwen could literally disappear tomorrow and never be mentioned again and I would say not. one. thing.

I have grown to enjoy Gwen. Mock me if you will. She is at least not bland and boring like Allie, Tripp, Rafe etc

• Love 11

Right now it feels like the show sees Nicole and Rafe as endgame, however, I'm really liking the chemistry between Nicole and EJ, so I hope at some point TPTB/Ron saw it too, and changed direction.

Either I wasn't paying attention,  or editing was weird today.  First we suddenly have scene with Rafe and Ava. Then at the end MarDevil is back in charge, after we last saw her chained in the crypt.

Wasn't expecting to like the  Kristen/John scenes, but they worked for me. Enjoyed seeing the flashback, too. Don't think I was watching then, though not totally sure, as I do remember when ED left Y&R and ended up at Days.

• Love 10

Love having Eileen back. Enjoyed the EJ-Nicole scenes too. Nicole is a much more compelling character when she's a bit edgy, so I hope she leans that way, although we know at some point Sami will show back up and fight for her marriage.

Basically, no CIN = far more enjoyable show.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I have grown to enjoy Gwen. Mock me if you will. She is at least not bland and boring like Allie, Tripp, Rafe etc

I will not mock :)

They found a place for her with Xander, temporarily, but the sooner she leaves the better. I don't dislike the actress, but like all pet characters, she contorts the logic of the world around her.

Today we had Maggie sidestepping Laura's death/murder at the behest of the guy who shot and nearly killed Marlena. It made my head spin. Marlena and Laura are/were more important to Maggie than even Abigail....but pet Abigail gets the cheerleading as Maggie commits to cheerleading another nutcase. 🤪

I seem to remember her hating characters for years over far less.

...there were just too many emotional beats with Maggie. In that one conversation, she went from "I was a bad mother to my kid who died of inherited (?) alcoholism" with a grin on her face to "it's disrespectful for me to vouch for the kid Jack just met after all the horrid stuff she did" while getting teary-eyed to "okay, sure, I will!" with a giggle. Huh...???

I was equally thrown by Ava somehow out of jail within 24 and making out with Rafe over where the dead body was....mere hours ago? Jarring. How was she even cleared of charges? I missed something. 

The Devil Kristen stuff was ok. No terrible dialogue, nice flashbacks. Eileen had fun.

Stacy, poor thing, sure suffered by the comparison though....when are they going to cut her loose already?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Either I wasn't paying attention,  or editing was weird today.  First we suddenly have scene with Rafe and Ava. Then at the end MarDevil is back in charge, after we last saw her chained in the crypt.

The editing is so bad right now. They're obviously cutting a lot of stuff and they're doing a piss poor job of it.

Nicole and EJ have chemistry for days. They're so sparkly. So they'll probably toss them aside for the less interesting Rafe/Nicole pairing like they did to Phillip/Gabi in favor of the inferior Jake/Gabi. Sigh. Just give me what I want, Ron!

I like people still hating Gwen, it's why she hasn't reached the annoyance levels of Ben/Abigail/various other characters that they won't let anyone hate, but it is SO annoying when people act like Abigail is some paragon of virtue. Gwen did a shitty thing to Abigail, but Abigail fucking sucks so maybe let's not act like she's such an amazing person lol. Also, Chad should shoulder at least half of the blame for fucking Gwen, but the Hortons don't wanna hear that lol.

Please Ron, give us an actual twist and let Gwen tell Xander about Sarah. What a great surprise that would be! And then just let Gwen be pregnant to give the drama. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

It was weird. Rafe and Ava popped up somewhere in the middle of the show.

I think they skipped the sure-to-be-awkward visual transition of Kristen shifting back into Susan, Satan somehow spiriting himself back into Marlena and then Marlena freeing herself. So they just didn't shoot it.

• Love 5

Agree that the choppy editing has been very noticeable. How much footage is lying around the editing room floor right now because it seems like a lot.  Also I hope this 2 Kristin crap makes sense to Ron because it just seems non-sensible to me and basically nothing more than a way to rehash old crap to give John and Marlena screen time. 

I'm glad Nicole stopped the make-out session with EJ because I was about to lose the lunch I hadn't eaten yet.

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't mind Gwen at this point either. In fact, I think she's made Zander more likable. I've always thought he was a dick who oozed toxic masculinity, but I think Gwen has improved him.  Today I rather felt bad for Gwen getting stuck with crazy Kristin. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Hard to believe but I actually liked Gwen at first when she was friends with Claire and had a past with Jake after that it went downhill quickly. 

She had more of a backstory to her than Allie(despite being a legacy character we don't know what makes her tick). Tripp(seemed to have potential and yet he's been wafting), and Rafe (just there and tbh I don't care). 

The actress is good which helps however they just threw her in as Jack's daughter and neutered the drama out of the whole thing. Gwen is terrible for the sake of being terrible and yet they are forcing us to like her(like they do so many characters on this show) however at least she's being shown as bad compared to say Daniel Jonas and his ilk.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like people still hating Gwen, it's why she hasn't reached the annoyance levels of Ben/Abigail/various other characters that they won't let anyone hate, but it is SO annoying when people act like Abigail is some paragon of virtue. Gwen did a shitty thing to Abigail, but Abigail fucking sucks so maybe let's not act like she's such an amazing person lol. Also, Chad should shoulder at least half of the blame for fucking Gwen, but the Hortons don't wanna hear that lol.

Please Ron, give us an actual twist and let Gwen tell Xander about Sarah. What a great surprise that would be! And then just let Gwen be pregnant to give the drama. 

Chad actually told Jack that he was idiotic about believing Gwen over Abigail so he actually did own it surprisingly. 

However I do agree Gwen not being sainted makes her easier to take than Ben etc.

• Love 6

Gwen, I'd probably tell Xander about Kristen blackmailing you. Do the right thing and not sneak around. He will eventually find out. Let him find Sarah and see where the chips fall.

Xander, why would Maggie help out Gwen? What was interesting is that Kristen ensured that 'Sarah' sent Maggie some texts. Surely she would actually call her? And then sent Rex to some prestigious doctor's gig.

I like scruffier EJ. He seemed to have fun with Nicole. Brought her ice cream and just wanted to enjoy her company (and much more). Told her to call him if any zombies come calling. And asked why Rafe?

Rafe, do you have any guilt for being with Ava when you were with Nicole - and on the icky conference table?

I liked seeing OG Kristen. Don't remember all that stuff from years gone by. Very different from the current one.

How did Doc go from being exhausted and chained up to being possessed again? And why does the crpyt have so many chains and no bathroom?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm glad Nicole stopped the make-out session with EJ because I was about to lose the lunch I hadn't eaten yet.

Same. Still this is the best NuEJ has looked since he showed up. The new hair is working for him. No clue why Nicole blabbed to him about Rafe though, other than to further the plot. He's obviously not going to keep the secret.

And Nic, if you're looking to punish yourself and spiral downwards, rather than bed hop, can't you just get drunk and accidentally kill a useless slimeball with your car, like your ex-husband did?

Salem is just lousy with them these days. I'm sure you won't even have to go to prison for it either.

Oh look! There go Lani, Ben and Rafe through the square! Bottom's up! Catch! *tosses her a 40 and her car keys*

Seriously though she looked awesome in that blue nightgown and coverup. Blanche Deveraux would be proud.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 7
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kristen ensured that 'Sarah' sent Maggie some texts...and then sent Rex to some prestigious doctor's gig...

...and disguised herself as Susan, Kate and Nicole...!!

...and bought Christmas gifts for the entire family at Walgreens....!!

...and won the lotto, the 300 meter dash and a Nobel Peace Prize...!!

Under Ron's pen, anything is possible! Except plausibility. 

• LOL 9

At least they got Eileen to play those scenes with John and Marlena.  I mean, the Devil’s plan was still so utterly stupid but that feeling of nostalgia helped me to enjoy it.  The weird thing for me was that I thought Eileen looked much prettier here than she does currently on Y&R, and I figured Y&R would have better makeup and lighting.  

I hate the idea of Kristin being freed for some ridiculously contrived reason but I like that Gwen is being pushed to resort to her troublemaking self.  

Xander and Maggie are so cute together.  It was nice to see them interacting again.  

That look on EJ’s face when he realized Nicole had sex with freakin’ Rafe.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Same. Still this is the best NuEJ has looked since he showed up. The new hair is working for him. No clue why Nicole blabbed to him about Rafe though, other than to further the plot. He's obviously not going to keep the secret.

And Nic, if you're looking to punish yourself and spiral downwards, rather than bed hop, can't you just get drunk and accidentally kill a useless slimeball with your car, like your ex-husband did?

Salem is just lousy with them these days. I'm sure you won't even have to go to prison for it either.

Oh look! There go Lani, Ben and Rafe through the square! Bottom's up! Catch! *tosses her a 40 and her car keys*

Seriously though she looked awesome in that blue nightgown and coverup. Blanche Deveraux would be proud.

So far Nicole has told Chloe (who, of course, told Brady) and EJ.  Why is she blabbing to everyone if she REALLY wants to keep it a secret?   What next, a "confidential" conversation with Julie?  Any bets on how long it is before Gabi overhears something?  Philip's already overheard a conversation about sex on a conference table (he knows the what, where, when) so how long before he finds out the who?  Pretty soon everyone except Ava is going to know.

I know this is a soap, where people basically wear cocktail dresses and evening gowns to mow the lawn, but do single people REALLY sleep in fancy nightgowns?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

At least they got Eileen to play those scenes with John and Marlena.  I mean, the Devil’s plan was still so utterly stupid but that feeling of nostalgia helped me to enjoy it.  The weird thing for me was that I thought Eileen looked much prettier here than she does currently on Y&R, and I figured Y&R would have better makeup and lighting.   

That look on EJ’s face when he realized Nicole had sex with freakin’ Rafe.  

I thought the same thing.  I 'd just watch ED turn in her usual good performance on Y&R - the storyline is crap but she's her usual great self - and then I watched her on Days.  She looked so much better.

I'm loving Nu EJ.  James Scott who, again????

Rafe has all the sex appeal of a sentient sour pickle.  And a gerkin, at that.

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I know this is a soap, where people basically wear cocktail dresses and evening gowns to mow the lawn, but do single people REALLY sleep in fancy nightgowns?

Excuse me, I didn't hear that correctly.  What did you say aout fancy nightgowns?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This old thing??

I just got up to go to the bathroom.......

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Chad actually told Jack that he was idiotic about believing Gwen over Abigail so he actually did own it surprisingly. 

But they won't let anyone else really hold him to the fire for it. It's like Abigail, sometimes she will have the realization that she's a piece of shit, but then whoever she's in the scene with will just coddle her and prop her up. It's so annoying lol.

• Love 7

I was hoping Marlena had brought CIN a gift certificate to Evil R Us and a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting the Devil

excerpt from Chapter 1:

Week 4: Your little devil's hooves have formed!  Next week expect to feel that pointy tail poking you in new places. It won't be long then till your bundle of badness has brought hell to Earth!

Meet CIN Jr.

%2BqEUf4YLPTBM9ExKsueeYiuQc%2B1pVIw=&ris

• LOL 11

I'll be so glad when the Paulina/Lani secret is finally revealed, as I hope it will mean Abe will have nothing to chuckle about for a long, long time.  Honestly, don't recall noticing it prior to his romance with Paulina, but now it's all I hear when they're in a scene together. 

Edited by buffynut
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I'll be so glad when the Paulina/Lani secret is finally revealed, as I hope it will mean Abe will have nothing to chuckle about for a long, long time.  Honestly, don't recall noticing it prior to his romance with Paulina, but now it's all I hear when they're in a scene together. 

I know!  He's either "he he he'ing" or Paulina is "huh huh huh'ing".

I think it's gas.  All that pie........

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gwen did a shitty thing to Abigail, but Abigail fucking sucks so maybe let's not act like she's such an amazing person lol.

Well, the people who love her don't think she sucks, so why would they act like they think she does? And Gwen did more than just a shitty thing to her. She drugged her and wanted to turn her in the vegetable all for the sin of partially being raised by their father.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But they won't let anyone else really hold him to the fire for it.

Who else should hold his feet to the fire over it other than his wife and maybe some members of her family? And Abigail certainly held him just as responsible and made him work for her forgiveness.

Ugh, I could have done without Theo going to the happy newlyweds to apologize for not congratulating them on their demon seed. I was afraid for a second when he said he and Ciarra could be friends again that he'd extend a hand of friendship to Ben as well. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Yesterday's scenes with devil!Kristen were mostly stupid to me. I get that they wanted ED because they could use flashbacks, but it still made little sense. She was good in the scene but the whole thing still made little sense. It was especially annoying to me when devil!Kristen brought up getting Eric to break his vows. Why Marlena didn't scream that that was rape, I don't know.  And how was this supposed to make Marlena doubt John? They both know it's not really Kristen, but the devil and even if John broke his vows they would both know it was because the devil tricked him in some way. So, what was the point?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Are pregnant women supposed to be eating poppy seeds?

Damn, Shawn and Belle sure make slurping noises when they kiss.

Ciara is going to have to stop wearing navel revealing shirts if she's going to carry that baby to term.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Well, the people who love her don't think she sucks, so why would they act like they think she does?

Maybe they should believe her when she tells them she's not perfect instead of continuing to act like she is and coddle her lol. I hate that shit. When characters  finally realize they're assholes and all the other characters bend over backwards to convince them they're not. It always happened with Maxie on GH too and I found it infuriating.

The Belle and Shawn scenes were so odd. Shawn was pretty much like "I don't give a shit about this," which I appreciate but it is weird lol. Also, them being matching in all black was hilarious to me for some reason.

I honestly skipped everything having to do with Abe/Paulina in any way except for the Chanel scenes. I love Chanel but otherwise I really don't care about that shit.

Also skipped the Theo scenes with Ben/Ciara since I'm assuming he was kissing their asses like they make everyone else do and I do not need to see that.

I love Julie wanting Belle to help her sue Marlena. Very into it!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So lame and story driven to have Kristen blackmail Gwen, when telling Maggie would get Victor involved who has the actual power to get her out 

Yeah, I really don't understand why Kristen thinks GWEN would have any power to get her out of jail?!  When suing someone, you always go for the deep pockets, not the panhandler!

When blackmailing someone, make sure it's someone who has the power to do what you want!  

18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I like scruffier EJ. He seemed to have fun with Nicole. Brought her ice cream and just wanted to enjoy her company (and much more). Told her to call him if any zombies come calling. And asked why Rafe?

Rafe, do you have any guilt for being with Ava when you were with Nicole - and on the icky conference table?

Rafe didn't play it like he was too conflicted or guilty.  (Or maybe that's just GG's crap acting?)

As for Nicole and EJ, I just love their vibe. I also love that there are no secrets between them. He and she are both up to date with what's happening in each other's lives without the "oh nooooes, but what will happen will X finds out about Y"? 

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And how was this supposed to make Marlena doubt John? They both know it's not really Kristen, but the devil and even if John broke his vows they would both know it was because the devil tricked him in some way. So, what was the point?

Sooooo much THIS!

• Love 5

I like the idea of Julie enlisting Belle into helping her sue Marlena although do they acknowledge that they're actually related to each other?

I feel like that's forgotten half the time that Julie is Shawn's Auntie/Grandma.

Also reminded me of how I am surprised no other Horton wanted to become a lawyer only Mickey. Otherwise I figure Julie would've had one in the family (although Belle is family).

• Love 5
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And Nic, if you're looking to punish yourself and spiral downwards, rather than bed hop,

Don't you think this is a plan for a miracle who's the daddy story? Any time any of the characters sleep with more than 1 person, that automatically generates a Who's the Daddy story. Plus, with Nicole, it will be a miracle baby, so that feels about right.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Don't you think this is a plan for a miracle who's the daddy story? Any time any of the characters sleep with more than 1 person, that automatically generates a Who's the Daddy story. Plus, with Nicole, it will be a miracle baby, so that feels about right.

Eh, Nicole already has Holly, whom we never really see. Why tie her down with another kid?

• Love 6

So Mardevil gave Ben and Ciara a magic guardian angel necklace that glows red - like a guardian demon?

Abe and Paulina's breakfast looked good.

Don't really care about the Lani and Paulina and Chanel storyline. It was funny that Paulina had such a delayed reaction to her cat allergy, and noting that the cat was named Susan.

Mardevil likes to have fun. She had no business telling Chanel that Lani was her sister.

Julie couldn't hire Justin to help her see her husband/sue Marlena?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

It was funny that Paulina had such a delayed reaction to her cat allergy, and noting that the cat was named Susan.

Yeah, that was mostly stupid, because I’m allergic to cats and once I leave the environment that cat lives in I can start breathing again.  My allergic reaction isn’t delayed to hours later.  But I’ve never been forced to deliver flimsy exposition to someone who may need to deliver a questionable expression, so go figure.  

8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And how was this supposed to make Marlena doubt John? They both know it's not really Kristen, but the devil and even if John broke his vows they would both know it was because the devil tricked him in some way. So, what was the point?

During the Original Possession, the Devil had many failed schemes but it was usually because It assumed the worst of the characters involved and they would somehow triumph over their worst instincts.  This specific scheme was not only pointless but totally moronic.  

At least Chanel was there today to save this episode for me.  The rest of it was a waste of time and money.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I skipped the Theo scenes with Ben/Ciara since I'm assuming he was kissing their asses like they make everyone else do and I do not need to see that.

It seemed at first in his scene with Lani that they were allowing Theo to be hurt by Ciara getting preggers so fast, or grossed out that its by Ben of all people...but then he went over to their apartment and started saying "I'm sorry..." and I had to stop watching. ENOUGH.

The Chanel/Mardevil scene was painfully bad. Terrible script. Lousy delivery. And is it just me or did Chanel suddenly become, only today, deeply resentful of Lani? She was a bit confused about the MOH stuff before, but today it was suddenly "I HAVE TO KNOW WHY!??" teeth clenching and "she loves Lani over me!" melodrama. I know its to heighten the shock of Lani being Paulina's kid but....zero subtlety. Super forced.

I don't know whether I'll get any perverse pleasure out of seeing Jackee bomb her big wedding shocker scenes or if I should skip them to avoid feeling secondhand embarrassment. She won't cry or express a believable emotion. It's a shame.

The good news, though, is that all this means I'm getting my very belated wish come true (6 years in the making?) and Abe will finally be free of being father to Lani, a character that added nothing to his life.

Eli has terrific chemistry with grandma Julie. I loved them together. Beautiful.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eli has terrific chemistry with grandma Julie. I loved them together. Beautiful.

True.  Better than she deserves, that's for sure.

Even through gritted teeth, I get Julie being unhappy about not being able to see Doug and miffed at Marlena.  What I don't get is her degree of disgust with Marlena.  They've supposedly been friends since the Battle of Gettysburg so the way she said Marlena's name, dripping with acid, made no sense.  That's the tone she uses for Gabi.

She doesn't know Marlena is possessed, she's trusted her implicitly in the past, they've had nothing but good feelings for each other so why the hell is Julie so ugly about her now?  Bad acting and directing and writing choices IMO.

I hope the Devil possesses Julie at some point and has her make a play for Ben.  That'll teach her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, RedElf said:

Are pregnant women supposed to be eating poppy seeds?

Damn, Shawn and Belle sure make slurping noises when they kiss.

Ciara is going to have to stop wearing navel revealing shirts if she's going to carry that baby to term.

Ciara needs to realize she is too voluptuous for the tight ass clothes she wears. Her flesh was pushing they the cut outs. Not a good look. Are they going to subject us to “sexy” maternity clothes also?🤢

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Ciara needs to realize she is too voluptuous for the tight ass clothes she wears. Her flesh was pushing they the cut outs. Not a good look. Are they going to subject us to “sexy” maternity clothes also?🤢

If they do, it probably won’t be long thankfully. If the baby kick is any indication, this pregnancy will be accelerated. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, boes said:

I hope the Devil possesses Julie at some point and has her make a play for Ben.  That'll teach her.

Yes!  I'm waiting for Julie with devil eyes and a demon voice...it will be tough in the beginning to know for sure that's she possessed instead of just in one of her menopausal moods, but I think when she jumps Ben it should be clear.  I hope they do it on the precious Horton couch. The BB board room table would probably be hard on Julie's back. 😁

5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

If they do, it probably won’t be long thankfully. If the baby kick is any indication, this pregnancy will be accelerated. 

I'm afraid by Thanksgiving Ciara will be sporting tight leopard print maternity wear, strutting her big belly out, and knocking people over in town square while they try to do their Christmas shopping. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I only happen to see this show a few times a year, but I may have to watch more regularly. Who is that fine young man who gave Mr. Carver a new cane?  Very young, but very good looking, imo.  Is he a villain?  Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I only happen to see this show a few times a year, but I may have to watch more regularly. Who is that fine young man who gave Mr. Carver a new cane?  Very young, but very good looking, imo.  Is he a villain?  Lol

That is Theo, Abe's son with Lexie.  Theo was best friends with Ciara when they were younger.  Theo has always been written as a nice young man, but now they are writing him as 'dumb" especially in regards to Ciara & Ben. 

• Love 3

UhOh!  Dramatic ending!  Chanel will "spill the beans".  On a shallow note, I thought everyone looked pretty, I liked Chanel's pink dress, Lani's floral dress(altho it looked more like a Spring dress), Kate's cream suit is fabulous.  But, Paulina's lacy dress just did not suit her...she is a 'mature" woman, the dress seemed more like what a young bride would wear.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That is Theo, Abe's son with Lexie.  Theo was best friends with Ciara when they were younger.  Theo has always been written as a nice young man, but now they are writing him as 'dumb" especially in regards to Ciara & Ben. 

Theo is autistic.  Or was.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The good news, though, is that all this means I'm getting my very belated wish come true (6 years in the making?) and Abe will finally be free of being father to Lani, a character that added nothing to his life.

Yes, technically, Abe isn't Lani's father, but I think DOOL will play it that they will still interact as "father-daughter".  I'm too cynical to think this will be DOOL's way of saying there's more than one kind of family.  Family isn't just the people you're related to by DNA.

8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm afraid by Thanksgiving Ciara will be sporting tight leopard print maternity wear, strutting her big belly out, and knocking people over in town square while they try to do their Christmas shopping. 

SEE?!  If this happens, this is a reason why the baby storyline is soooooo dumb!  Didn't they find out Ciara was pregnant on Halloween?  How could she have a discernible baby bump just one month later?!  Wouldn't a doctor like...oh, I dunno, KAYLA wonder how Ciara could be so far along in the pregnancy considering they only started trying for a baby very, very recently?!  I've posted before that if they don't drag out the MarDevil story for nine long months, then Ciara would have to have a preemie baby (way preemie) so the Devil story doesn't span basically a whole calendar year. So sick of the possession story. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

As answered upthread, that "fine young man" is Theo, Abe's son with Lexie.  He's not a regular cast member, though, and only recently started recurring whenever there is a Carver family thing going on.  I suspect after the wedding, or possibly holidays, he'll head back to South Africa, where the character is currently living.

And, no technically  he's not a villain, however a few months back, he did try to "steal" (and marry) an amnesiac Ciara (Bo and Hope's daughter) who had forgotten she was married to Ben (the "reformed" necktie killer) 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, RedElf said:

It's weird that with the father-daughter relationship Abe and Nicole have, that Nicole and Lani never interact.

And Nicole didn't attend the wedding either.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

UhOh!  Dramatic ending!  Chanel will "spill the beans".  On a shallow note, I thought everyone looked pretty, I liked Chanel's pink dress, Lani's floral dress(altho it looked more like a Spring dress), Kate's cream suit is fabulous.  But, Paulina's lacy dress just did not suit her...she is a 'mature" woman, the dress seemed more like what a young bride would wear.

I thought Paulina looked ridiculous in that white wedding gown. Chanel‘s dress did not fit across the bust otherwise she was beautiful. 

• Love 5

And I would have thought that Paulina could have done SOMETHING with her hair other than let it just be straight and stringy. Flowers? Anything. Definitely not a pretty wedding look. So, once the secret is out, does that mean Paulina is? Abe can't possibly let this one  go and still have any trust left for her. Even if she spills her sad wah wah story, she lied again and again and devastated the people he loves. 

• Love 6