Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I never saw Nick. Was he this fun alive?

Deimos I remember as Lujack cause I'm old lol

Charlie tormenting his rape victim was not cool. I have no use for Allie but this is not entertaining to watch. Gabi and Nicole were cause they fight back and the men ultimately were their victims so not the ick factor there 

I always liked Nick even though the show turned him into homophobe for reasons. 

Despite that BB was really, really great as Nick as he faced off with anyone, throwing shade at everyone as he schemed to get what he wanted. His scenes with Sami were epic.

However Nick did try to rape Gabi and she fought him off by hitting him with a rock. She thought that she killed him, so Kate came up with the plan to dump him into the lake. Gabi ultimately ended up killing him because he was obsessed with her and he was never going to stop from isolating her and Arianna from everyone that they loved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I too am old and remember Deimos as also being Lujack. Such a waste to bring such a good actor for this storyline.

Nicole behaved as the classic horror movie girl. One wrong decision after the next. Screaming as she fell out of her chair. Closing the door to call Rafe and when he shows up, Deimos is gone. Poof.

I didn't find Charlie's little fun with Allie all that fun. Looking for Henry - as if he cared. I did enjoy Ava acting like a nutcase telling Tripp that Charlie killed Carmine. Dead Charlie.

The actor playing Nick is also too good. He was entertaining by going after Gabi and then telling her that he buried Jake alive. Surely someone at Salem PD has security footage of the not so dead Nick Fallon. Or would the zombies not show up on film? Or leave fingerprints?

Poor Rafe having a bad night.

I do wonder if it was MarDevil disguised as Kate talking to Julie. Not like Nick Fallon made it in to any fairy tale books. Few folks in Salem would recognize him. Her behavior just seemed off.

Now poor Tripp has to deal with Charlie and Allie.

• Love 8

Vincent Irizarry was once Beverly McKinsey’s son!  My god!  He just seemed kinda bored doing this, much like he did when he was playing Deimos as a living human being.  

Charlie’s story worked best for me, because I love what Mike Manning does with his character, and he was more concerned about his son than having anything to do with Allie.  

I hope we get something kinda/sorta interesting with Charlie and Tripp.  That rivalry was such a lost opportunity when They killed Charlie.  

Blake Berris is still fun to watch, even though I can barely give a damn about Gabi anymore.  

I know Ron C loves his camp, and this was probably more about having fun but I thought it could have actually been interesting if They had spent a little time in the scripts talking about how the trauma of the events experienced lingers within the psyche of all of the characters involved.  There were some hints of that here and there but Charlie’s desire to find his son was the only thing that I found compelling.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anyone else feel weird/disgusted about the show bringing back a bunch of rapists/stalkers to torment their female victims for our entertainment?

It brought back disgusting (or evil) persons because the devil wouldn't bring back angels.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

As soon as Tripp saw Charlie, all I could think was "well, there's no going back now..." Nobody saw Charlie but crazy Ava, and nobody saw Deimos except depressed Nicole...so it still seemed possible they could play this zombie shit off as a "Halloween trick of the mind" or whatever....but once Tripp entered, zombies became canon.

There are now legit zombies on Days of Our Lives.

Real nice Ron, Ken and Co.

Guess the devil laughing at Tom and Alice was a self-insert moment.

...you realize the real-life actors who played them wouldn't have touched this kind of D-List trash with a ten-foot pole, right?

Is it really too hard to write real people doing real things?

😑

• Love 13

Laughable !!! Deimos ,Charlie and Nick being revived as cheap extras from the walking dead ? 

It would have been better if they returned as ghosts instead. It truly exposes the show's lack of budget .

• Love 4
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Vincent Irizarry was once Beverly McKinsey’s son!  My god!  He just seemed kinda bored doing this, much like he did when he was playing Deimos as a living human being. 

I loved Lujack but I was a teenager blinded by Beth and Lujack riding a horse on the beach while Almost Paradise blared. He was terrible on Santa Barbara as Dr Scott too, seemed bored with that as well. Pity he could not go haunt Bonnie that would be a blast from my past!

I know Ron is in love with his devel/zombie crap but the momentum on any other stories is nada. I mean Steve was negotiating with Trask one minute with Kristen somewhere bound with twist ties and then a week goes by with no return to that. Very hard to even remember any other plots. 

• Love 7

The Nick scenes were pretty creepy and I loved Gabi's just shoving past him to get to his grave to start literally digging through dirt to save Jake's life--I'm still a Gabi fan, especially when she stands up to someone who, when they were alive, was so determined to hurt and isolate her and her young daughter.  I wish I saw more of that spirit with Allie.

And yes, here's hoping "dear, sweet misunderstood Nick" pays Julie a nice terrifying visit because no one deserves it more.

• Love 9

I watched yesterday, and was surprisingly entertained.  Well, not bored, at least. LOL   

Never saw Nick before, so he was a new character to me. 

About Deimos' murder.  Wasn't Nicole drugged, or something like that.   Curious to see if they explain how he disappeared?  Out a window?  Or just hiding in another room?

Interesting take, with Charlie wanting to see his son. 

Weird scene with Kate and Julie. Even if Kate was actually MarDevil in disguise, scenes must have been cut, because it just felt so random.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, tribeca said:

Nicole was driving me crazy. She reminded me of how those dumb people in horror movies who don’t runaway!  She made me yell at the TV.  

Nicole and Allie seemed less dumb than Gabi to me. They were both confined in a room with a zombie that they would have had to fight off to get past. Gabi was out in an open park and she just didn't run. Like how dumb can you be lol?

18 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Weird scene with Kate and Julie. Even if Kate was actually MarDevil in disguise, scenes must have been cut, because it just felt so random.

Yea, they definitely must have cut some stuff there. I hope Kate was the devil in disguise because that makes the scene make more sense and also because I really want the devil to be all the different characters at various points.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anyone else feel weird/disgusted about the show bringing back a bunch of rapists/stalkers to torment their female victims for our entertainment?

And why was Kate such an OTT bitch to Julie? And so casual too.

Yep - the devil is obviously going to bring bad people back, but the fact that all three villains were stalkers/rapists of women and 80 % of the episode was the women being terrorized by someone who had assaulted them in some way was a bit jarring and overkill of a soap cliché that is overused as it is.

I remember Demios/Vincent as David Hayward on All My Children, where he was one of the better additions during the show's long decline during its last ten years or so.  

Edited by CCTC
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

It would have been better if they returned as ghosts instead.

OK, I guess I am dumb. What would be the difference? I wonder if we will see them return to their graves at the end of the day. Didn't MarDevil say they were only here for one day?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder if we will see them return to their graves at the end of the day. Didn't MarDevil say they were only here for one day?

If Ron's following typical Halloween lore, they will only be able to walk among the living on Halloween. So I'm kinda expecting we'll see them return to their graves at midnight--Salem time, of course. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

If Ron's following typical Halloween lore, they will only be able to walk among the living on Halloween. So I'm kinda expecting we'll see them return to their graves at midnight--Salem time, of course. 

So what happened to Deimos? How did he dissolve?

• Love 1

So Rafe has a dead body in his kitchen, a mobster wanted in connection with the shooting of the mayor who he believes his girlfriend has been hiding in his own house without him noticing; at the same time, he also suspects his sister may have helped another suspect in custody escape. And instead of helping track down Jake or Ava, Rafe ignores his phone to have sex with Nicole, who claims to have stabbed a dead person, on the table at Basic Black.  Man, he's just angling for Police Commissioner of the Year, huh?

6 hours ago, Rafael said:

It would have been better if they returned as ghosts instead. It truly exposes the show's lack of budget .

Ron scrapped up what budget extras he could for the spooky music (though that has been a nice addition) and the costumes & make-up.  No way was there money to do ethereal beings even remotely well. 

However, the choice for zombies rather than ghosts could be a plot detail needed to clear Ava. Ghosts wouldn't leave fingerprints, but Charlie's zombie body should.  

10 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

So what happened to Deimos? How did he dissolve?

As undead soldiers of the devil, I'd imagine they have supernatural abilities in regards to movement. Deimos and Charlie probably left quietly but fast enough without being noticed. Think Michael Myers and his movements while stalking victims. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

So Rafe has a dead body in his kitchen, a mobster wanted in connection with the shooting of the mayor who he believes his girlfriend has been hiding in his own house without him noticing; at the same time, he also suspects his sister may have helped another suspect in custody escape. And instead of helping track down Jake or Ava, Rafe ignores his phone to have sex with Nicole, who claims to have stabbed a dead person, on the table at Basic Black.  Man, he's just angling for Police Commissioner of the Year, huh?

I was typing the same thing LOL but you've said it perfectly.

I don't know who handles HR for the police department or for Basic Black, but they should really compare notes sometimes because a whole lot of crazy stuff goes down in both of their office spaces.

So...for what reason did both Philip and Nick wander past the pub at the start of the episode? Did Nick leave the cemetery only to walk by there and then double back immediately afterwards...?

I would say it was for plot convenience, but I don't know what the point is of Philip noticing Nick at all, since they have no storyline together.

15 minutes ago, worleybird said:

I believe that quite a few scenes were cut. I bet they did film Julie seeing and talking to Nick.

Why cut that?? Julie's been needing a reality check regarding Nick for literally 10 years!

Can anyone else tell that Nicole is pent-up from a year of abstinence? 

Rafe is only slightly less gross than Xander because even though he's a supposed good guy he's also kind of a moron who's slept with everyone in town. At least Xander by virtue of being a dangerous felon has had fewer bedfellows. Way to sleep with Sami/Kate/Carrie/Hope's leftovers....

I see Allie is borrowing one of Claire's favorite moves with the frying pan...only, she's too stupid to continue thrashing Charlie with the frying pan, and instead prefers to throw it on the sofa and then back away and let Tripp throw the punches.

I love how soaps aren't even the thinly disguised when it comes to gender stereotyping. They just full-on have the women backing away from doing anything in their own self interests, even when they start to do it capably, in order to allow the men to take that active role. Progress? Equality? What are those again?

Can I ask Ron if he's ever read or watched anything to do with zombies? I didn't feel like any research went into this. I don't know much about them, but isn't there a specific way to kill them and doesn't it usually involve more than just a quick tap on the head with a blunt object? Zombies are Undead. Don't you have to basically mulch them in order to get them off your case...?

I just want to give poor Eli a hug. Not only is he one of the better actors and in incredible shape, but he's saddled with some of the worst storylines on the show and is constantly left picking up the pieces as all the other detectives commissioners and cops stare at their hands or their feet or whatever it is they do that passes for work.

• Love 9

I was hoping it would be Stefan that Gabi pulled out of the coffin.

How did Nick grow a beard while he was dead?

Will Julie go after Gabi now that she's killed Nick for a third time?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't know who handles HR for the police department or for Basic Black, but they should really compare notes sometimes because a whole lot of crazy stuff goes down in both of their office spaces.

OK, Ron needs to do a special ep that's just about all the people in town we don't get to watch and they just talk about how stupid and nuts all the characters are lol.

So...for what reason did both Philip and Nick wander past the pub at the start of the episode? Did Nick leave the cemetery only to walk by there and then double back immediately afterwards...?

I would say it was for plot convenience, but I don't know what the point is of Philip noticing Nick at all, since they have no storyline together.

Yea, that was so strange. I have to think there really has been a lot of stuff cut for some reason. But like, why even leave that particular scene in since it really had absolutely no bearing on anything whatsoever?

22 minutes ago, RedElf said:

How did Nick grow a beard while he was dead?

That was literally my first thought lol.

• LOL 6
20 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I never saw Nick. Was he this fun alive?

Charlie tormenting his rape victim was not cool. I have no use for Allie but this is not entertaining to watch. Gabi and Nicole were cause they fight back and the men ultimately were their victims so not the ick factor there 

Definitely before he took that final dirt nap he was. 

Before that he was quirky/nerdy but not too OTT with it either. Then they had him go off the deep end with Melanie and well you get the rest. 

• Love 3

Somehow I think Phillip seeing Nick will help them all in the end. He's a third party neutral who saw a dead person walking about. People think Ava is nuts and Nicole is convinced now she didn't do anything. Will people believe Gabi, Jake, Allie, and Tripp?  I don't know... just a thought. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Zombies may be roaming in Salem on Halloween, but the mopiest mope whoever mooped roams Salem every day - and night -  and has for years.  Yep, good old dull as dishwater, dumb as a post, whiney, self-pitying Rafe.  He could cause an army of zombies to pass out from boredom.

The man actually WHINED to Nicole about Ava - the mob princess - as if he's surprised she's not on the up and up.  Has he MET her??  And Nicole answer to being attacked by a zombie is to make love to the human equivalent of a bowl of Cream of Wheat??  One zombie experience wasn't enough for Nicole?

Honestly, the Undead are just wasted on some people.

Though I'm sure Rafe would date one if it made lasagna and laughed at his jokes.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can I ask Ron if he's ever read or watched anything to do with zombies? I didn't feel like any research went into this. I don't know much about them, but isn't there a specific way to kill them and doesn't it usually involve more than just a quick tap on the head with a blunt object? Zombies are Undead. Don't you have to basically mulch them in order to get them off your case...?

The biggest zombie phenomenon is arguably The Walking Dead franchise, and there the basic concept seems to be that the brain animates the rest of the zombie's body and so you gotta shoot them in the head or bash their head in so the brain's non-operational. A quick blow with a blunt object is an acceptable version of that considering it's daytime TV and the show has no real budget.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This is appallingly bad. And I remember the alien twins

I was thinking of them today and feeling nostalgic for how the show just used to tease the crazy and then say "only kidding!"

Now that we've had zombies, I expect literal aliens to move to Salem, Cthulu in tow.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Uh, Allie, surely you and Nicole have more than one heavy frying pan to use. Find one and help Tripp out with bashing Charlie's undead zombie brain. Is the blood on the one he used going to vanish as though the clock struck twelve, and Cinderella and the two ugly stepsisters turn into dead people again? At least Tripp got something out of it - Allie telling him that she loved him.

Nice of Philip to recognize Nick Fallon or someone dressed as him. Who in Salem would do that?

Tripp and Allie could sort of corroborate Ava's story about Charlie killing Carmine.

Rafe? Why are you with Nicole? Please set her free so she can be with someone less dull than you. She deserves better. And way to go to not answer your message from Ava.

Nick sure got Jake in to the coffin too! Why cover up and say you orchestrated your own escape? Surely there is security footage and Nick Fallon would be on it, unless zombies don't photograph. Poor Eli trying to make sense of the weirdness.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Rafe is so boring that his love scene with Nicole was like watching paint dry. Ugh

Ari's foot looked good...I mean, nicely pointed and all that.

...look, I'm just finding the positives here,  people!

Oh! And the camera panned away! That was good too!

Just now, Frozendiva said:

At least Tripp got something out of it - Allie telling him that she loved him.

That was so. f'n. stupid.

🤦🏻‍♂️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

The biggest zombie phenomenon is arguably The Walking Dead franchise, and there the basic concept seems to be that the brain animates the rest of the zombie's body and so you gotta shoot them in the head or bash their head in so the brain's non-operational. A quick blow with a blunt object is an acceptable version of that considering it's daytime TV and the show has no real budget.

Wouldn't it be great if Gabi just went around, paranoid, shovel in hand, bashing in the heads of other braindead, lifeless drones like Lani, Ben, Allie and Rafe? They pass for zombies far as I can tell.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Of all the Zombie shows/movies that I’ve seen, I don’t think The Devil was the source of the Zombies, so I’m fine with the Show doing something different.  But the “death” of these Zombies was mostly stupid, regardless.  The only thing I thought was somewhat interesting was that Saint Tripp was able to bash his brother’s head in but I doubt there will be any emotional consequences to it.  

Another vote for this being really bad.  Seeing Mike Manning again was the only reason I didn’t totally hate it.  

I don’t care if Tripp and Allie lurve each other, because they’re as dull as dirt, and I never needed to see Nicole and Rafe succumb to their ridiculous forbidden lust for each other.

Can we have EJ back to being an asshole tomorrow?  It’s about the only thing I have to look forward to with this Show.  

• Love 5

I don’t understand how Rafe  can think that Gabi helped Jake escape.  None of the police even seemed to investigate it just assumed it was Gabi.  Not sure how Jake and Gabi are going to explain themselves.  it should be interesting.   
   Tripp bashed in Charlie’s head and no blood on the couch.  
Nicole Rafe is not that perfect.  As soon as any problem comes up in his relationships he hops in bed with someone else. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp bashed in Charlie’s head and no blood on the couch.  

None of them bled - they are zombies.  They don't have hearts and blood and all that jazz.  We know that Nicole really did see and stab Deimos, but the scissors weren't bloody either.  

What I want to know is - where did they go?  Charlie and Deimos just disappear into thin air?  They were zombies, not ghosts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Charlie did have blood all over his head though lol.

I guess I missed that.  I probably thought it was just part of the bad zombie makeup.  He seemed to have the worst makeup of the three, IMO.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t understand how Rafe  can think that Gabi helped Jake escape.  None of the police even seemed to investigate it just assumed it was Gabi.  Not sure how Jake and Gabi are going to explain themselves.  it should be interesting.      

I also look forward to how Ava's going to convince the cops that Charlie killed Carmine.  I guess explaining that "zombies did it" is considered plausible deniability?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I am giving Rafe too much credit - but he is tied to all three people who saw the zombies.  Ava - Charlie -- his sister - Nick -- Nicole - Demios.   You think that three different people, with some collaboration, telling him they saw people back from the dead, might trigger some thoughts that something bigger is happening here.  

Of course it does not seem like anyone saw Nick carry Jake from the police station to the grave yard and bury him, so no one in the town, including the cops, seem to observant.

• Love 8

I'm not sure I understand all of the Rafe hate for being so boring.  Yes, he's boring, but hasn't anyone noticed, that ALL the characters are boring lately?  That's like saying only the World's Strongest Man is strong.  No... all the people competing in that competition are strong. 

Abe, Roman, and John are boring - do we give them a pass because they're old now?  Phillip is boring, he's middle aged - does he get a pass because he has bad hair?  Tripp is boring - does he get a pass because he's young?  Brady... well, maybe Brady gets a pass because he's so dumb...  But they are all boring.  Seems a bit biased to only single out Rafe and keep saying that he's the only boring one.

ETA:  I think it's a requirement to be boring to work at Salem PD.  It's not like Eli and Shawn aren't also super boring.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2021 at 3:40 AM, MsTree said:

So MrTree walks into the living room while Charlie's hand is groping up through the dirt, and says "so they just throw dead bodies directly into the dirt in Salem?"

I said the same thing! Also, whoever does the embalming in Salem has some serious skills, because Nick looked great for being seven-years dead.

I noticed that Alice and Tom Horton have really unassuming gravestones. Given that they were scions of Salem, you'd think they would have a shared stone that is larger and fancier. Budget limitations, I guess!

On 11/2/2021 at 10:46 PM, brisbydog said:

Me too! Lujack and Beth 4-eva! I also think of him as Dylan's sister's pimp on 90210, even though that was a brief role. 

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Phillip is boring, he's middle aged

That makes me sad.  I think as in college when he was born.  I know soap people don't age like regular people, but still.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That makes me sad.  I think as in college when he was born.  I know soap people don't age like regular people, but still.

I basically just used the actor's age (44) as a comparison to Roman (78) and Abe (75)... Who knows how old any of the characters really are.  EJ is supposed to be, like... 12.  (Actually, he was born in 1997, so he's supposed to be 24, but he's clearly in his late 40s or early 50s based on the age of his children, right?  Or is he... The actor is 40.)  None of it makes any sense!

But my point is, they're all boring.  No need to just be mean to Rafe when only one or two characters on the whole show aren't boring lately.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm not sure I understand all of the Rafe hate for being so boring.  Yes, he's boring, but hasn't anyone noticed, that ALL the characters are boring lately?  That's like saying only the World's Strongest Man is strong.  No... all the people competing in that competition are strong. 

Abe, Roman, and John are boring - do we give them a pass because they're old now?  Phillip is boring, he's middle aged - does he get a pass because he has bad hair?  Tripp is boring - does he get a pass because he's young?  Brady... well, maybe Brady gets a pass because he's so dumb...  But they are all boring.  Seems a bit biased to only single out Rafe and keep saying that he's the only boring one.

ETA:  I think it's a requirement to be boring to work at Salem PD.  It's not like Eli and Shawn aren't also super boring.

Perhaps the people who find Rafe boring don't find everyone boring - or any of the characters you listed. Tripp's my favorite. I don't find him boring. Phillip is far too crazy right now to be boring to me and I've enjoyed his interactions with Ava. I don't think John or Eli are boring, either. As much as I hate her, I don't find Gabi boring. I don't think Chanel or Paulina is boring. There's a lot of things I could call Julie, but boring is not one of them. I could go on.

I also don't believe anyone who has said Rafe is boring claimed he was the only boring character. Maybe he's the only one that bothers them in his boring-ness.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But my point is, they're all boring.  No need to just be mean to Rafe when only one or two characters on the whole show aren't boring lately.

Sorry.  For me, Rafe is boring x 10.  No life, no oomph, just sorta moops through everything, even a zombie infestation.  The other folks you mention IMO anyway, are either background characters these days, like Roman, or don't come close to Rafe in that department.

To each his own.

• Love 7

Rafe also latches on to other characters and drags them down by virtue of the show insisting on keeping him around and assigning him to new partners. Why was poor Hope stuck with him for what felt like 4 years? He's made Ava boring and domestic....and now its Nicole's turn? Ugh.

I only enjoy him as Gabi's older brother. And I liked him with Jordan a bit, and as Kate's boytoy way back when. And those instances were all  very far apart. Yet he's been front burner for years. Why?

As boes said, there's no spark with him. He's disconnected. He's like the polite doorman or valet who you see regularly but who has nothing to say. Hi/bye/whatever. He's not *there*.

Tripp is a dullard too but he's young, has potential and you can tell LA is chomping at the bit for a juicier storyline. He's ready to run...but the show keeps him in his pen.

ShawnD is boring but he's all we have left of Bo. And he's there for Belle and Claire, which is nice.

Eli gets nothing but gives everything - energy, humor, drama, eye-candy, etc.

Roman could have left years ago but he's good for family interactions and serving chowder so we enjoy that about him.

John always seems happy to be there and Drake is an icon of DOOL. He's had crazy storylines and seen plenty of action so I prefer him getting more low-key stuff now.

Abe....yeah, Abe's dull but again, happy to be there and has good moments with Nicole, Theo, Jarlena, Stayla, etc. And he's also an icon in daytime.

But Rafe's greatest hits are.....um.....well.......hmmm....nothing? If a character has nothing cool to their credit after 10 years on a show, cut them loose or use them sparingly. I'm not saying he has to get posessed or something....but by now there should be something likable or interesting. There isn't.

In summary, he's boring AF.

...now, back to the main plot...shouldn't Steve have brought Kristen into the cop shop at some point during all this zombie madness??

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6