Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

If Satan is so interested in Ben and Ciara having a baby, why did he interrupt the act by blowing the windows open?

This is the Dudley Moore of Satans.  All flash, no fire.

• LOL 10

I am really starting to hate Jonny. Both his grandfathers (I'm counting John) are begging him not to hurt his grandmother by dredging up this part of her past and all he cares about is his stupid movie. Allie does not seem to care much either, but that could just be her blah personality

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I am really starting to hate Jonny. Both his grandfathers (I'm counting John) are begging him not to hurt his grandmother by dredging up this part of her past and all he cares about is his stupid movie. Allie does not seem to care much either, but that could just be her blah personality

Marlena having such selfish grandchildren makes me miss her dynamic with Chandler's Will.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought it was funny when Chanel asked Johnny if he was only hiring her because she and the role (Celeste) are black. Too funny!  I think RC even knows they’re were very few AA on contact back in the day, if that. If the whole cast was to play a part from the original possession they be hard pressed to find a (substantial) role for Chanel, Eli and Chanel. Luckily, Abe was always there (less his role on Generations), and had a role. Of course, like Johnny said she could also play Lexi. So, I guess I might be wrong about the lack of roles but in general there weren’t many AA actors on the show. 

Abe's other brother Jonah and his GF Wendy were on the show around the time but one day they just disappeared even though they were close to Austin/Carrie.

There was also Nurse Lynn who provided Sami the drugs to rape Austin in the first place.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rcc said:

I forget the name of the AA nurse who had such great snarky lines. 

Nurse Lynn

4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why is it wrong to have a wedding just before Christmas, but ok to have a wedding just before Thanksgiving?

I guess because its God's birthday and Thanksgiving is secular.

• LOL 2

With technology so advanced now I wonder how different this levitation compares with the OG?! Also, why doesn’t John suspect…….anything??? He was there before. Shouldn’t he have a clue? Maybe, that’s an oxymoron. Finally, Ben and Ciera having Rosemary’s baby is kind of creepy but I’m here for it. maybe, the show will sacrifice Ciera and let her leave the like the actress wanted to the first time. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

You'd think after millions of years of being around that Satan would have better ways of executing a plan. Surely the whole possessed baby thing doesn't have to be so convoluted.  Was he yakking with Marlena on her Alexa or clock radio or what? Why was she levitating? Couldn't there be a gross red hand coming up from the bottom of the bed?

Making a baby on the first try? Probably not. Ben and Ciara may need a bit of a reality check before sprouting a kid. How convenient that the TV had Rosemary's Baby on. All channels having that movie would be an omen.

How would John and Marlena's bedroom be locked. I think mine closes but I don't think it locks. Bathroom door does.

Chad and Abs are back together?

Lani and Eli get to take home the offensive key lime pie? Abe and Paulina are choosing the end of November to get married? Why so fast.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

You'd think after millions of years of being around that Satan would have better ways of executing a plan. Surely the whole possessed baby thing doesn't have to be so convoluted.  Was he yakking with Marlena on her Alexa or clock radio or what? Why was she levitating? Couldn't there be a gross red hand coming up from the bottom of the bed?

Making a baby on the first try? Probably not. Ben and Ciara may need a bit of a reality check before sprouting a kid. How convenient that the TV had Rosemary's Baby on. All channels having that movie would be an omen.

How would John and Marlena's bedroom be locked. I think mine closes but I don't think it locks. Bathroom door does.

Chad and Abs are back together?

Lani and Eli get to take home the offensive key lime pie? Abe and Paulina are choosing the end of November to get married? Why so fast.

Aren’t most babies conceived on the first try in daytime?! It’s soap textbook 101. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RedElf said:

If Satan is so interested in Ben and Ciara having a baby, why did he interrupt the act by blowing the windows open?

I don’t think that was the devils work. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

I sort of thought about that, but only if they're actually going with God is trying to stop it from happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nurse Lynn

I guess because its God's birthday and Thanksgiving is secular.

Thanks. Wasn't watching during the Sami-Austin time.

• Love 1

How is Will's script, or Johnny's re-write, so detailed that it contains the exact dialogue from the conference room affair? And for that matter, how was there so much detail from the possession storyline in Will's script about Sami's life? Yes, Sami played a part in the story, but I just can't buy that Will wrote about it THAT much in his script. I just think this whole script/movie thing is really clumsily written. He re-wrote it overnight? Already has people learning their lines? And I don't get why everyone is acting like this is gonna be some huge studio release...who is his film crew? Where is he filming? Who's doing his special effects? Is he securing film permits? A hundred other questions that people who know more about the industry than I do could probably ask. And why is nobody else asking all of this? I'm probably overly-concerned about this, but I need details, dammit.

Anyhoodle, I wish Ben and Ciara weren't getting dragged into this. I am so.sick. of watching them suck face and climb all over each other every time they're on screen. Maybe I'll be more interested if their demon spawn ends up possessing Ciara and she turns Evil and kills Ben.

• Love 12

I can rewrite a script overnight. Won’t mean it is any good and would possibly still need some editing and rewrites.

I would think it is an independent film so it won’t need a lot of union people working on it, various crews, minimal insurance. Johnny will probably be the director, producer, cinematographer, and every other role. He may ask his cast to also do some behind the scenes stuff.

Since it is based, even loosely, on a real person, he would still need to get legal permission to use the story. From everyone.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, is this what is was like back then? Marlena mostly just talking to herself while the devil was out of her body?

No.  James E. Reilly had a more specific manner of plotting out Marlena’s possession.  There were a few times when Marlena interacted with the Demon but it wasn’t like they’re doing with the electronic devices.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why was she levitating?

During the Previous Possession, Marlena levitating was indicative of the Demon taking over her body.  These Writers aren’t really laying out what rules they’re playing by now...if they even know themselves.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Surely the whole possessed baby thing doesn't have to be so convoluted. 

I liked how the Demon would prey on different characters fears and insecurities, often with some convoluted plan in mind that was usually thwarted.  It was one of the more amusing parts of the storyline.  

This episode felt mostly pointless.  I suppose there was some plot advancement with Marlena levitating, and Chad and Abigail having some sexy time but it seemed like there was so much filler along the way.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Paulina is pregnant.  That would explain why she's so damn picky about pie AND why Abe chuckles at the end of every sentence.

It's better than thinking it's just because his belt is too tight.

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maybe all that New Orleans food made Ciara and Ben VERY gassy?  

The Devil made me do it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, rcc said:

Thanks. Wasn't watching during the Sami-Austin time.

Nope not Lynn. Just remembered the snarky nurse. It was Maxine. Too bad she wasn't still around with what has been going on now.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe Paulina is pregnant.  That would explain why she's so damn picky about pie AND why Abe chuckles at the end of every sentence.

It's better than thinking it's just because his belt is too tight.

Maybe all that New Orleans food made Ciara and Ben VERY gassy?  

The Devil made me do it.

If Paulina does have the millions she claims, she should be talking to her lawyer about a prenup for Abe to sign.

• Love 6

I continue to enjoy the hell outta EJ. Such a fun dick. Plus now he looks hot since they aren't slicking back his hair and he has scruff.

Jake SUUUUUUUUCKS. And BB is just terrible in this role. I really wish they'd just cut him.

I don't remember anything else lol.

• Love 10

Rafe is going to get fat. Everyone keeps feeding him.  Won’t be surprised if he does a Pepcid ad one day.  
the Brady Chloe Phillip story is boring. 
johnny looked gutted when he gave those contracts to Abigail. 
   Ava sounded scary when she was talking to Gabi.  Gabi is out of her league I think. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 6

Really they had Abby say the line nobody is getting between us when we're together?  Has she gotten amnesia? No recollection of Gwen and Chad's cheating.

I like EJ stirring it up. Let's see if Abby can have chemistry with him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Nice of Rafe to buy all the bakery donuts for the staff.

Abs, Gwen got between you and Chad. Sure, you were in Boston for a few months but things need to be repaired. Right now you just have a bandage on your marriage.

EJ does want to stick it to his brother. He probably remembers his little fling with Abs so long ago.

Nice to throw food at your brother's girlfriend, Gabi. At least Ava has figured out that it is not about GabiChic and it's about power.

Chloe, sure, throw the roses in the trash. You were right to tell Philip off and if the tree means so much to him, to water it himself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Chloe, blow it out your bassoon.  

Sure, Philip's jealousy is too much, but I'd argue that Brady's constant hanging on you borders on stalking, and you with your constant need to join in his business is needless provocation towards Philip - from the both of you.  Brady will "need" and "love" until you either piss him off or he's entranced by the next shiny object.  Besides, aren't you all a little too OLD for this b.s.?

Go away, and take Brady with you.  Show has more than enough canned ham on display right now anyway, it doesn't need Brady's over-the-hill brand as well.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I continue to enjoy the hell outta EJ. Such a fun dick. Plus now he looks hot since they aren't slicking back his hair and he has scruff.

Me too.  I laughed at his dickishness yesterday. And agree about the hair and scruff. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 6

I dont know Why I am watching this ridiculousness....today, Marlena checks her cell phone to have a chat with "You Know Who" and he appears as a weird purple emoji, looking somewhat like Aladdin, not scary at all, I am rolling my eyes at this!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I dont know Why I am watching this ridiculousness....today, Marlena checks her cell phone to have a chat with "You Know Who" and he appears as a weird purple emoji, looking somewhat like Aladdin, not scary at all, I am rolling my eyes at this!

I know.  Aspects of this storyline line are good, like when Marlena was telling John about her "dream", but then it veers way off into total ridiculous eye-rolling territory, with things like the cell phone call. 🙄

• Love 7
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jake SUUUUUUUUCKS. And BB is just terrible in this role. I really wish they'd just cut him.

It's been like two months since I watched and the minute I saw stupid Jake's face, all the hatred rushed back. IDEK what's going on anymore, but I know deep in my heart of hearts, that Jake is the absolute worst.

Goddamnit Philip is still getting a raw deal. Fuck right off with that nonsense show, let Philip be happy!

• Love 5

I don't care about half the characters on this show, including Phillip, but I do wonder if TPTB see Phillip as a younger Victor: Always loving women who, for whatever reason, cannot love him like he loves them and are not available, be it - in Victor's case - because of marriages to others (Shawn, Ernesto) or - regarding Phillip - just emotionally unavailable, a la Chloe.

Let's face it: Victor didn't find a lasting relationship until Maggie, in his old age. Maybe the show sees Phillip as being like his father.

Just a theory.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, auchic said:

Goddamnit Philip is still getting a raw deal. Fuck right off with that nonsense show, let Philip be happy!

This.

I loved the weird ass devil emoji. It totally looked like the genie from Aladdin, you're right @BuckeyeLou! That's just the kind of stupid shit I enjoy. Again, I am Ron's target audience lol.

EJ and Nicole are hot. Into it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care about half the characters on this show, including Phillip, but I do wonder if TPTB see Phillip as a younger Victor: Always loving women who, for whatever reason, cannot love him like he loves them and are not available, be it - in Victor's case - because of marriages to others (Shawn, Ernesto) or - regarding Phillip - just emotionally unavailable, a la Chloe.

Let's face it: Victor didn't find a lasting relationship until Maggie, in his old age. Maybe the show sees Phillip as being like his father.

Just a theory.

I see it and I think he's definitely the most like Victor except he's a lot nicer than Victor is. 
I mean with Victor/Kate as his parents he was going to be a screw up when it comes to relationships.

However he could've had it with Stephanie but the show ruined that for Melanie of all people.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Still in the bedroom right next to the bed!  It would be handier be in the shop?!

It is so dumb to have that dirty thing in his bedroom. But I think that's the show's way in reminding the audience that Ben lives above a car repair shop. Kind of like how they had a big-ass Union Jack flag on the wall of Allie's apartment in "London".

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

What were all those papers blowing around Ciara and Bens room?  
Johnny’s movie script? Invoices for all the cars Ben needs to work on? Ciaras job applications? 
   I don’t remember that apartment having all those windows when Jake lived there.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

What were all those papers blowing around Ciara and Bens room?  
Johnny’s movie script? Invoices for all the cars Ben needs to work on? Ciaras job applications? 

I think those pages were from the "Devil Babies For Dummies" manual Ben printed out.

• LOL 12

Philip, you are far too old to be acting like a jealous moron. Wouldn't blame Chloe for dumping you and finding another man who isn't Brady. Stop acting like 40 year old toddlers at the beach. No, neither of you will be dunking Chloe's pony tail in the desk inkwell. Grow up, all of you.

Awwww, Rafe, you are in a triangle. You want Ava but you also want Nicole. Ava seems to be in second place. Just watch out how you deal with her. EJ is correct in that Nicole does not want to cross her friend Ava Vitali. With his hair not as slicked back, EJ looked pretty good. And he and Nicole were actually kinda hot.

I laughed at the purple emoji or avatar thing on the phone. It reminded me of Aladdin but also a purple Mr. T. The S Team or D Team.

If I was Ben, I would be wondering why my shrink was making house calls to see if I was okay or whatever. That is odd. A follow up call or appointment a week later would suffice. All MarDevil was doing was snooping. Keep those tools handy. You may need them when glowy eyed Marlena shows up next time.

Ciara, you got a job at Titan Executive program? Really? No education, no skills. Uh, nepotism at its finest. Wait til they find out you are only there for X months because you were planning on getting knocked up. All that training, all that time spent on you for.... how long of a maternity leave do you get? Yours and Allie's situation with the kid is different, although someone is obviously supporting both of you. It's going to take a while for the bakery to make money.

Johnny and John, wouldn't a big red flag of Marlena's support for the movie be waving all over the apartment? And her mentioning she was dreaming of levitating. Time to haul out the Holy Water.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6