Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

There were also some lovely Tony/Anna flashbacks and Belle being in possession of the Salem Brain if you’re into either of those things (I am). 

But beware if you don’t avert your eyes from fun times taking pregnancy tests in public bathrooms… definitely scary enough for a Halloween episode.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I do hope this Lani reveal will give Chanel some much needed depth. I mean she's fun and one of the better newer characters the show has had in years but she could be a lot more as well.

I wonder if she would try and go after Eli to get back at Lani? I wouldn't mind tbh although Eli/Chanel have no chem. Like that's stopped this show.

• Love 2

Anna and Tony are cute and quirky.   Was afraid when Tony was acting all weird about the Kristin/Tony/John that he would be revealed to be Andre.   I never cared for that Andre guy. 

So does Ben know something about Jake ?   Or does he just always make the dumb face?

was so afraid mardevil was going to hurt Johnny that I forget about John Black being chained up.  
  I don’t Allie did not believe.  I think she was afraid.  Feel really bad for her.   She has no idea what’s coming.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, auchic said:

Couldn't handle stupid Ben and Ciara today.  Did anything interesting happen today? Was MarDevil gloriously hammy again? Was EJ confusingly sexy again?

Absolutely. 100% gloriously hammy with Johnny outside the DiMera crypt.

No EJ today.

RE: Ben and Ciaaaaarrrraaaaaa, yeah they're gross. But I did enjoy Belle's squickiness at how "invested" Ben kept mentioning "Marlena" is in their procreation activities.

• Love 6

Wow, Ciara, you sure are regular in your cycle in that being one day late and just stopping to take birth control pills, you are preggers. Most likely your pills kept you 'regular'. A lot of women would wait a week or two before taking the test.

Belle, although having jetlag, possessed the Salem Brain and thought it was odd that her mother was so invested in any Ben and Ciara kids. Even seeing her mom in the devil costume should have set off some red flags.

Had no idea that the actor playing Tony and Andre has also been on the show for 40 years. Leann Hunley looked gorgeous back then. Aren't they too old to play Kristen and Tony from 25 years ago? Yeah, Kristen being married to the blind guy but having the hots for Father John. LOL.

Wouldn't the key for the crypt be in some sort of box that you have to punch in the proper code? Why leave it out? Someone like Rolf to dig up the bodies in the crypt?

Johnny couldn't hear Mardevil cackling away in the crypt?

Sure, the Ouija board mentioned that the devil was at the crypt and Johnny didn't put two and two together and saw that his grandma was acting weirder than normal and was wearing hair extensions, bright, sexy makeup and had glowing contacts? And wandering around on Halloween all by herself?

Nice of Ben to visit Jordan. And nice of Mardevil to start waking up the cemetery. Shouldn't Charlie be a bit more um, decomposed by now?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I think it might make Marlena's patients reevaluate their choice of therapist if they saw her wandering around town in her Devil Dominatrix outfit.  Or not.  After all, this IS Salem.

Allie always seems to actively dislike her brother, far more than the usual sibling stuff.  To be fair, she's usually sullen and lifeless with pretty much everyone, like she just sucked a bag of lemons.  Charming person, isn't she?

It's been fun trying to fit everyone into the possession storyline with all the SORASing that has gone on.  Going by their current ages, Shawn and Belle would have been young adults when the possession happened instead of Belle being an infant and Shawn a young boy at the time.  EJ too, though he hadn't even been born.  It's all over the place.  

I loved the Anna and Tony flashbacks.

Forget Ben's mental illness. They should be more concerned their kid would inherit Ciara's entitled and overbearing personality.  Kid will be a Demon regardless.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

I really like the Allie-Johnnie dynamic, especially because they’re twins with different fathers who dislike each other.  That can’t have been easy for a child’s mind to comprehend.  

Anna as Kristin?  Give me an f-ing break!  Eileen Davidson was one of the main reasons I got addicted to the Possession Storyline. 

I loved Tony saying that people don’t want to watch a couple sipping champagne and talking about how much they love each other, because that’s exactly how I feel.  And while I don’t agree with Anna, I liked that she got to voice how she sees things differently.

Oh, goodie!  Ciara is pregnant!  Now They can do Rosemary’s Baby followed by Damien: The Omen.  That should take us to to end of the 2 year renewal for The Show.  

ZombieCharlie?  Ok, I’d love to see Mike Manning again but I’m also aware of how bad this WritingTeam can be.  I guess Ron C found a new way to bring someone Back-From-The-Dead that didn’t involve Dr Rolf.  

• Love 5

I think Allie's character and motivations would make more sense if we saw her with her parents and stepfather more often.

She showed up trying to hide her pregnancy from Sami, and she talks about playing Sami in a move despite making it her life goal to be different from Sami, but we don't actually see them together and we rarely hear Allie explain what, exactly, her problem with Sami is.

She appears to have a decent relationship with Lucas and even named her kid after him. But when she needs something she's more likely to run to Nicole or John/Marlena. And when she found out about the Lumi affair, she was weirdly neutral about it all.

She also appears to like EJ well enough (more than Johnny does anyway). She told him she was sorry about the Lumi affair and emphasized that Sami loved EJ so much she uprooted the kids and dragged them around the world. But EJ didn't run to comfort Allie over the Henry/Charlie situation... he just declared Allie's crisis over and tried to ban Sami/Lucas from interacting, which was a shitty thing to do to Allie/Henry (and Will/Ari).

Allie doesn't know that she was the "planned" twin born to parents who had been trying to get married for years, were very much in love, and wanted more children, whereas Sami hated EJ at the time and wanted Johnny to be Lucas' son. Allie only remembers Sami as so in love with EJ that she kept Allie away from her stable-loving father to chase Johnny's maybe-dead father around the world.

So does Allie resent that? Does she resent Johnny by extension? Does she resent Lucas for not fighting for her the way he fought for Will?

Allie seems weirdly passive to me. She's raising a baby she didn't want to raise (and didn't consent to conceiving) because Sami sabotaged three separate adoption plans. She's dating Tripp because he wants her and happens to be Henry's uncle more than because she's into him. She's working at the bakery because that's Chanel's passion; she's working on the movie because that's Johnny's passion. Has she ever had a passion of her own? Or is she so used to only Sami's desires mattering that she can't tell what she wants anymore?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Allie doesn't know that she was the "planned" twin born to parents who had been trying to get married for years, were very much in love, and wanted more children, whereas Sami hated EJ at the time and wanted Johnny to be Lucas' son. Allie only remembers Sami as so in love with EJ that she kept Allie away from her stable-loving father to chase Johnny's maybe-dead father around the world.

Allie was not the planned twin. Yes, Lucas and Sami were reunited and went to the cabin to be spend time together. They conceived Allie at the cabin before the roof fell on top of Lucas and injuring him for the next couple weeks/months. Hours after that Sami went looking for help for Lucas and ended up in the car with EJ where Johnny was conceived.

Sami wasn't planning to get pregnant that night. In fact, none of Sami's children were planned.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Allie was not the planned twin. Yes, Lucas and Sami were reunited and went to the cabin to be spend time together. They conceived Allie at the cabin before the roof fell on top of Lucas and injuring him for the next couple weeks/months. Hours after that Sami went looking for help for Lucas and ended up in the car with EJ where Johnny was conceived.

Sami wasn't planning to get pregnant that night. In fact, none of Sami's children were planned.

Okay, not planned in the sense that Sami ceremoniously threw away her birth control like Ciara did. But Allie was far more planned than any of her siblings.

She's the only one of Sami's children who was conceived in a long-term committed relationship, even if that relationship had just had a hiccup. Will/Sydney were one-night stands where Sami later fell in love with their respective fathers, and of course Johnny resulted from rape.

She's the only one of Sami's children Sami actively anticipated along with the father; she tried to lie about Will/Sydney's parentage and didn't consent to conceiving Johnny.

She's the only one of Sami's  children where Sami had previously discussed the thought of having a baby with the potential father. She wasn't planning to get pregnant by Lucas on that particular night, but she was certainly planning to get pregnant by Lucas within the foreseeable future.

Regardless of whether Allie would care if she knew, there's a distinction there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

This devil revisit is as bad and cheesy as when Ron revisited a Cassadine storyline on GH.  It's just as embarrassing.  I don't understand why he's still the head writer other than they have no other choice.  That and he's writing mostly for twitter who favors his favorites 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

So does Allie resent that? Does she resent Johnny by extension? Does she resent Lucas for not fighting for her the way he fought for Will?

You’ve done more characterization for her than the writers ever will. Too bad, because it could drive some good story. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

we rarely hear Allie explain what, exactly, her problem with Sami is.

She appears to have a decent relationship with Lucas and even named her kid after him. But when she needs something she's more likely to run to Nicole or John/Marlena. And when she found out about the Lumi affair, she was weirdly neutral about it all.

She also appears to like EJ well enough (more than Johnny does anyway). She told him she was sorry about the Lumi affair and emphasized that Sami loved EJ so much she uprooted the kids and dragged them around the world. But EJ didn't run to comfort Allie over the Henry/Charlie situation... he just declared Allie's crisis over and tried to ban Sami/Lucas from interacting, which was a shitty thing to do to Allie/Henry (and Will/Ari).

I think you have great insights into Allie. To me, she resents Sami because Allie had an unsettled childhood being "dragged around the world" as you posted. Indeed, Allie even mentioned more than once she felt she had a chaotic childhood.

I think Allie's muted reaction to the last Lumi hookup is because Sami/EJ and Sami/Lucas seem like yo-yo relationships, always on again and off again. No need to jump for joy that her parents were "together" since it was likely to be temporary and has been proved so.

As for Allie's relationship with Johnny, I think the majority of the tension is about Chanel. Perhaps a small percentage is due to resentment that Johnny pretty much grew up with his parents, while Allie was largely deprived of Lucas. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, tnvolgrl said:

So I was not watching back in the day.  Question...do Allie & Johnnie know Johnnie was conceived via EJ's raping Sami?

I don't think the show has ever made it a point to make clear what Allie & Johnny know or don't know about how Johnny was conceived.

Speaking of conception, is the age gap between the Ben/Ciara kid and Claire the biggest age gap between cousins in this show (or probably any other show)?!

• Useful 2
On 10/30/2021 at 10:34 PM, norcalgal said:

is the age gap between the Ben/Ciara kid and Claire the biggest age gap between cousins in this show (or probably any other show)?!

The age gap between Julie (mid-70s) and Lucas (late-40's) is the biggest one between cousins I can think of. Though the age gap between Claire and a CIN spawn would certainly rival it.

Edit: Actually now that I've given it more thought, I think Carrie (early 50's?) and Joey (mid-20's?) have Julie/Lucas and Claire/CIN spawn beat. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 2

Wait...Julie and Lucas are cousins? 😮

...this show 😄

On 10/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, norcalgal said:

I think Allie's muted reaction to the last Lumi hookup is because Sami/EJ and Sami/Lucas seem like yo-yo relationships, always on again and off again. No need to jump for joy that her parents were "together" since it was likely to be temporary and has been proved so.

As for Allie's relationship with Johnny, I think the majority of the tension is about Chanel. Perhaps a small percentage is due to resentment that Johnny pretty much grew up with his parents, while Allie was largely deprived of Lucas. 

A better show wouldn't leave us to infer this...it would be present in the writing.

I do like, though, that the writers haven't lumped the siblings into liking Ejami just because they're the "main" pairing, forgetting that they have different fathers and perspectives.

• Love 2

Woah 

Nick has been dead the longest but looks the best. 
Allie looked so scared.  I don’t really care about Ava.   And Nicole has been annoying me lately.  It was kind of funny that demon told Nicole talking to herself is the first sign of going crazy lol.  
Eric being a priest was mentioned twice today.  
  Eric has always loved Nicole and it bothers me that they want to erase that. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

The age gap between Julie (mid-70s) and Lucas (late-40's) is the biggest one between cousins I can think of. Though the age gap between Claire and a CIN spawn would certainly rival it.

Edit: Actually now that I've given it more thought, I think Carrie (early 50's?) and Joey (mid-20's?) have Julie/Lucas and Claire/CIN spawn beat. 

My brain is way, way too tired to work out the cousin relationships in this post.  (Also, my brain might melt if I tried!)   Suffice it to say, Salem is too damn incestuous!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Eric has always loved Nicole and it bothers me that they want to erase that. 

YUP!!! Glad someone else noticed too.

Today, Mardevil also spoke like Nicole was bad and then fell for Eric. Um...she fell for him first. It's literally the first thing she did on this show! Shenanigans have been sprinkled throughout. 

Deidre acted like a Batman 66 villain today.

...so...the zombies are now in-continuity? This isn't a dream or something? Zombie Charlie killed Carmine for real?

• Love 5

Goddamn I love MarDevil. She brought Charlie back! She made out with zombie Nick Fallon! I wish she had brought back Stefan; that would have massively messed with Gabi, plus it would give Brandon Barash something fun to do.

Gabi needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. Even stupid Jake looked like he was done with her.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, auchic said:

I wish she had brought back Stefan; that would have massively messed with Gabi, plus it would give Brandon Barash something fun to do.

That is such a great idea. It's too bad RC didn't think of it lol.

1 hour ago, auchic said:

Gabi needs to SHUT THE HELL UP. Even stupid Jake looked like he was done with her.

Hopefully he'll be annoyed enough soon that he can break up with her and then maybe I can possibly like one or both of them again!

MarDevil is so damn fun. So many great lines. Kissing Nick. She kills herself! I was rolling. And I'm glad to have Blake Berris  and Mike Manning back because they're both so good.

Nick was looking hot as hell. I wonder why he didn't get the really done up makeup and fake teeth like Charlie and Deimos did though?

• Love 5

I think the show is losing me, as I couldn't be bothered to turn it on today.  I knew things would get campy, but thought I could enjoy the ride. Now I'm not sure.  My biggest issue is I'm not enjoying MarDevil.  Not sure if it's Deidre's acting, or the script, but as I posted in another thread, everything felt more dangerous, and real, when it was Doug who was possessed.  Now it's just ridiculous.  I'll keep following the spoilers, and reading this thread, and maybe I'll get interested again. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait...Julie and Lucas are cousins? 😮

...this show 😄

A better show wouldn't leave us to infer this...it would be present in the writing.

I do like, though, that the writers haven't lumped the siblings into liking Ejami just because they're the "main" pairing, forgetting that they have different fathers and perspectives.

Yes I mean Julie/Jennifer are cousins and Jennifer/Lucas are half siblings via Bill Horton so yes they're related.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

None of these people were buried wearing suits?

Was NOT expecting to see Blake Berris today. He looks good for a dead guy, haha.

That Devil is a scampish little bitch, huh? Gotta admit...MarDevil was camping it up a bit TOO much for me today. I kinda wish they were playing it more sinister evil instead of playfully gleeful, but I'm still gonna try to enjoy it for what it's worth.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 7

I thought this was campy fun and fit Halloween. Loved seeing Nick return, hated they killing him off.  Bringing back characters that were gone for awhile is good, they put money into this. 

How is Charlie able to kill people, they're zombies? Walking dead style? How will they explain Carmine being killed by a zombie?

• Love 4

At least Jake's story checks out.

I did like Nicole visiting Abe and talking with him. As an adult. Like she still thinks of him as a father figure. Nice to see. She's not the same as she was and has been making changes to her life to be a better person. 

Hello Charlie, hello Nick, and hello Deimos. They all look pretty good for dead guys and don't really look rotted or anything. Mar-Devil kissing Nick was hot. Sort of. 

How is Ava going go explain that the mob dude was killed by her dead zombie son? Is Tripp going to believe her? Poor Allie, expecting Tripp at the door.

Gabi running in to Nick was good. Like walking over a grave. This should be fun.

I liked Nicole falling out of her chair when Deimos entered the office.

I agree that Eric is probably being telegraphed to deal with MomDevil. Like a vacuum set on maximum suction.

Still no one sees a lady in a bright red cape dancing in the cemetery on Halloween? Seriously?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder why he didn't get the really done up makeup and fake teeth like Charlie and Deimos did though?

It was probably budgetary.  Either they couldn’t afford the fake teeth for all of them, or they couldn’t afford 3 make-up artists.  

It sounded like Nick Fallon was making MarDevil’s pitchfork get bigger!  Who knew!?!

So The UnDead can kill Day Players?  Ava isn’t going to be accused of crime she didn’t actually commit?  

This whole Plot Point Dart Board manner of writing storylines has really gone of the rails.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I'm hoping against hope that Show takes full advantage of having Nick back from the dead, even if he's in desperate need of a Febreze deep spray and a worm comb-out and gives him some really touching scenes with Julie.  After all, she's been his champion ever since Gabi shot him dead after his attempted rape and all the crap he pulled on Will.  Gosh he was just great, wasn't he??  And Julie loved him and never stopped defending him.

I just want one scene of him wrapping his arms TIGHT around her, whispering sweet nothings in the ear of his defender and then taking her hand in his - and letting most of his fingers fall off in her grasp - so she has a memento of his visit from beyond.  (Luckily, he doesn't seem hungry for brains, which are in short supply in any case.)

Julie, more than anyone, deserves some Nick lovin'.

Bless her heart.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

So MrTree walks into the living room while Charlie's hand is groping up through the dirt, and says "so they just throw dead bodies directly into the dirt in Salem?"

Ever since Vivian buried Carly alive they figure it's safer in case there's a mistake as to whether or not they're dead.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

I loved everything about today. Well, Deimos was dull as dirt, but Charlie! Nick! Both of them were fabulous. I loved that Nick has undead telepathic GPS 😂 

I also love that he BURIED STUPID JAKE ALIVE. Oh please please please let it be true. 

12 hours ago, boes said:

I just want one scene of him wrapping his arms TIGHT around her, whispering sweet nothings in the ear of his defender and then taking her hand in his - and letting most of his fingers fall off in her grasp - so she has a memento of his visit from beyond.  (Luckily, he doesn't seem hungry for brains, which are in short supply in any case.)

Julie, more than anyone, deserves some Nick lovin'.

Lol, now I want this so bad. I mean, why else have that scene between Kate and Julie? She'll probably think it's a miracle from God that poor innocent Nick has been returned from the grave. 

Man I've missed Charlie. He was so much fun to watch today, even though it was with Allie. 

• Love 5

Anyone else feel weird/disgusted about the show bringing back a bunch of rapists/stalkers to torment their female victims for our entertainment?

And why was Kate such an OTT bitch to Julie? And so casual too.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anyone else feel weird/disgusted about the show bringing back a bunch of rapists/stalkers to torment their female victims for our entertainment?

I'm guessing Kate was MarDevil

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah. While I am enjoying the camp of MarDevil, this part is not sitting perfectly with me. Especially since Marlena brought back her own granddaughter's rapist. (Yes, I realize it's "not really Marlena".)

Edited by RunningMarket
Grammar
  • Love 6

Nicole was driving me crazy. She reminded me of how those dumb people in horror movies who don’t runaway!  She made me yell at the TV.  
  Zombie Nick was the only one with a plan.  

• Love 5

I don't know if it was Kate, or MarDevil masquerading as Kate, but she can needle Julie any day of the week.  

Allie, confronted by the UnDead Charlie showed all the range of emotions from A to B.  She's got a zombie in her kitchen and she can't muster up anything but the same "smell the fart" look she uses for practically all her interactions.  And Show keeps saying she's "just like Sammi"?!?  Uh, not....

Deimos was just as wasted back from the dead as he was when he was living.  Criminal waste of that actor - again.

My favorite part was Rafe whining to Eli about having a bad night.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, worleybird said:

Since MarDevil said she can take over other people's identities, I'm guessing Kate was really MarDevil in her convo with Julie.

That would make a lot more sense than Kate's lame story of trick-or-treaters seeing Nick. Like little trick-or-treaters would even know who Nick is. He's been dead for over 7 years.  If that's the real Kate, then Julie must have had a monument erected of him in murder park for the kids to recognize him. 

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Nicole was driving me crazy. She reminded me of how those dumb people in horror movies who don’t runaway!  She made me yell at the TV.  

During one of the commercial breaks I kept expecting to hear. "Today's episode has been brought to you by Gieco. Remember when you're in a horror movie soap opera, you make poor decisions." 

giphy.gif

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 10
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I want Zombie Nick back every Halloween! I’ve missed Blake Berris. The other two can stay dead though 

I never saw Nick. Was he this fun alive?

Deimos I remember as Lujack cause I'm old lol

Charlie tormenting his rape victim was not cool. I have no use for Allie but this is not entertaining to watch. Gabi and Nicole were cause they fight back and the men ultimately were their victims so not the ick factor there 

• Love 5