Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's not elderly I do think Melissa Reeves has aged naturally if she had work done I don't notice it.

Mary Beth Evans is also aging beautifully if she has had any work done then it is very subtle. Plus, her husband is a successful plastic surgeon and he probably tells her what to avoid to not look like a mannequin.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15

I am younger than Mary Beth and look like crap.  If I had money I would have it all done lol.  
   Brady needs to focus on his daughter.  Move on from Chloe.  Maybe try online dating or something If you need company.  
   Love Zanders hair.  He looks charming. 
    Justin is a bad lawyer and a really bad lawyer.  He can’t win ethically or non ethically.  Time to find a new job. 
 I missed it what was wrong with Marlena today ?

• Love 7

Brady, you are an attractive man. You can find another woman besides Chloe. Surely the writers can come up with a new woman to move to Salem. How long will Chloe remember to water the tree sapling? It'll probably be dead in a couple of weeks.

Rachel is now six? Since when?

I enjoyed Gabi sniffing Philip to discover he was wearing the same cologne he wore the other day when she smelled it at her house. And now she is asking Jake if he killed someone?

Justin, time to call it a day as a lawyer or just do simple stuff and not criminal stuff. You can't win if you are by the legal book and you got outwitted doing something not so legal by the crooked judge. You are just not crooked enough to get it together.

Xander did look boyish and charming. That hair suits him.

Gwen, you meant well but it still came across as stupid.

• Love 6

I've never hated Brady and I still don't.  He's been tiresome for most of the last decade, with his string of "true loves" he smothers with attention until he's distracted by something shiny and finds a new one.  But what he's doing with Chloe, getting inbetween her and Philip is borderline stalking and insanely childish.  How many times does she have to tell him to knock it off, yet he never does.  He's way too old to be acting like such a clueless, entitled prick.

He thinks he's so cool....

giphy.gif

but he's so not.....

In any case, Philip could do better than brain dead Chloe.  Trouble is, Salem doesn't have better.  

Not even close.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

I loved Julie's "they convinced me to put Doug away" like she's not freaked out by his change of behavior and secretly glad he won't be able to hurt her again.

I can't help it, I find Gabi and Jake charming together, and I liked their scenes today and I especially liked her giving him unconditional support while he told his enforcer story and then he was equally supportive while she quietly talked about killing Nick.  Yes both stories were dark and the actors sold their anguish.

• Love 5

Doug made the paper. 
John is definitely suspicious of Marlena. 
Philip looked crazy in the woods.  
Racheal is cute. Hopefully she is nothing like her mom. 
   Today’s show was kind of boring.  

• Love 2

I don't buy Julie would ever have Doug committed she'd die first tbh.

That being said I did like the Maggie/Julie convo today although I had no use for Summer. I much prefer Maggie with the Hortons. I did wish they brought up how Maggie can relate to having a husband committed in how a similar thing happened with Mickey and that's how we got Marlena in the first place(irony considering Marlena is the reason for this one)

The only way this Brady/Chloe/Phillip storyline would be better is if they brought back Parker to hate on both Brady and Phillip because neither are a prize at this point. I say this as someone that doesn't even like Chloe much either. 

Or they could have had Phillip bring back Theresa to throw in Brady's orbit who I loathe but at least she isn't Kristen plus it would be a better story to see Tate vs Rachel here.. 

I'm just Brady with anyone but Kristen at this point  if he has to have a woman. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

A Ben and Ciara Spawn?  At least the Devil has a wicked sense of humor.  Muahahahahaha!

The Brady/Chloe/Philip thing feels so pointless, because both guys are behaving like asses and Chloe isn’t much of a prize herself.  The only reason I watch any of their scenes is because I kinda like Brady and Chloe as friends, and sometimes it’s amusing to watch Philip rant like a lunatic.  Only sometimes, though.  

I barely give a damn about Jake and Gabi but I thought Brandon Barash did a good job of tearing up when Jake was relating his story to Gabi.

It’s pretty bad when a Friday episode of Bold&Beautiful is better than DAYS.  That show is almost always garbage.   

• Love 5

MarDevil probably couldn't contain her glee about a Ben and Ciara spawn. If this whole thing wasn't garbage, it does take a lot for a man to bring up his painful childhood, the severe family dysfunction, and concerns about bringing a kid into the world. Some dudes don't care if they have several spawn and don't really show up as a parent.

I liked Julie and Maggie talking. Things just seemed very fast to get Doug committed to Bayview and basically under observation and no visitors til he is 'stable'. I thought you would need some sort of court order for committal to an institution, but this is Salem, so anything goes.

John should be concerned about his wife being not quite herself lately.

I do like Brandon Barash but maybe he can give the writers some better ideas of how to create the Jake character. His talking about being a hitman and listening to Gabi's experience with Nick was good.

Philip and Brady need to find some playground with a big sandbox so they can hurl buckets of sand at each other. Do they think that Chloe would want either of them? Philip is behaving like a jealous, obsessive fool. Chloe isn't exactly a prize but you'd think she would want to choose herself and maybe go back to New York to her parents and Parker.

• Love 5

I just thought of something that might make this Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle more interesting.

While Doug is having a long-deserved rest from his loving wife at the Bayview Rest and Relaxation Resort, Julie is all alone, with nothing but her caftans and screeching self-pity for company.  Brady is at loose ends, being without a romantic interest for going on almost an hour while Philip keeps fighting him from making off with Chloe.

So why doesn't Brady make a play for......Julie?  He's not that far in age from hers, he's just as deluded and every bit as self-centered, though nowhere near as loud.  A night of passion between the two of them would give Philip some peace and Brady'd be able to focus on all the benefits of his recently acquired AARP discount card.

He and Julie could cut a rug - and more - at the early bird specials.

It's a win-win for romance.

Devil be damned.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
7 hours ago, boes said:

So why doesn't Brady make a play for......Julie?  He's not that far in age from hers, he's just as deluded and every bit as self-centered, though nowhere near as loud.  A night of passion between the two of them would give Philip some peace and Brady'd be able to focus on all the benefits of his recently acquired AARP discount card.

I kid you not that I had to think through if they were related somehow!  I know the post was in jest, but in incestuous Salem, better double check first that you're not related to someone before dating them!  🤪

• LOL 11
41 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I kid you not that I had to think through if they were related somehow!  I know the post was in jest, but in incestuous Salem, better double check first that you're not related to someone before dating them!  🤪

Well Julie dated Victor back in the day so she almost became his stepgrandmother.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well Julie dated Victor back in the day so she almost became his stepgrandmother.

…. And if they had gotten married, this hypothetical would not be the first time Brady got together with one of his stepgrandmothers! Of course Nicole was his stepbrother’s fiancé before she was his grandfather’s wife, so maybe that was the part he found appealing? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I know that even villains feel like they're the heroes of their own story, but I hope the show isn't trying to sell me on Gabi/Jake being these poor-put upon heroes who need to bring down the big and bad Phillip and Ava. Neither of them would be in this mess if Gabi weren't such a shrew and horrible friend. Like I said before Phillip was a friend to her helping her out with her juvenile schemes to make Jake jealous. Not only was he a friend to her but he helped professionally as well. Gabi was desperate to have some big company help out Gabi Chic after she was booted from DiMera and Phillip took a chance on her. Yes, he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart, and knew Gabi Chic could help out his company as well, but still... Gabi went after his job, now he's turned the tables on her. But apparently, to those two dolts, Phillip is horrible for not just bending over and taking it.

I also love how Gabi is behaving now like Ava is going after for no reason whatsoever and she can't fathom why. If Gabi didn't go out of her way to be antagonistic to her, Ava wouldn't have felt the need to retaliate. I get that Ava has done some horrible stuff. If Rafe were my brother, I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with her either, but Gabi's over-the-top hate felt way too personal. I wonder if the show is trying to create a new Sami/Nicole rivalry.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I also love how Gabi is behaving now like Ava is going after for no reason whatsoever and she can't fathom why. If Gabi didn't go out of her way to be antagonistic to her, Ava wouldn't have felt the need to retaliate. I get that Ava has done some horrible stuff. If Rafe were my brother, I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with her either, but Gabi's over-the-top hate felt way too personal. I wonder if the show is trying to create a new Sami/Nicole rivalry.

Gabi's over the top hate for Ava makes no sense. Had it been any of the Bradys or the Hortons who were treating Ava like that then by all means.  Everything with Gabi and Ava is forced and boring. 

• Love 6

Deidre and Rob were on the Kelly Clarkson show today. They talked about the damn devil storyline and Deidre made sure we knew that Ben was a big part of it. Ugh!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know that even villains feel like they're the heroes of their own story, but I hope the show isn't trying to sell me on Gabi/Jake being these poor-put upon heroes who need to bring down the big and bad Phillip and Ava. Neither of them would be in this mess if Gabi weren't such a shrew and horrible friend. Like I said before Phillip was a friend to her helping her out with her juvenile schemes to make Jake jealous. Not only was he a friend to her but he helped professionally as well. Gabi was desperate to have some big company help out Gabi Chic after she was booted from DiMera and Phillip took a chance on her. Yes, he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart, and knew Gabi Chic could help out his company as well, but still... Gabi went after his job, now he's turned the tables on her. But apparently, to those two dolts, Phillip is horrible for not just bending over and taking it.

This makes me sad, because I really was enjoying Gabi until they paired her with Jake.  I liked her as the vampy schemer, but Jake has really sucked the fun out of her.

• Love 6

I thought John's voice sounded somewhat different in the pre-conference room-bonking flashbacks. I know aging can change a voice...I guess that's the case here? 

It seems like maybe they're gearing up to have a Rosemary's Baby scenario. Or are they implying that Ben and Ciera's kid might end up with mental illness bestowed by Satan? Oooof. If that's the route they take, I won't love that implied connection between mental illness and Satan!

Part of me is groaning that they're resurrecting the possession storyline. Another part of me is thrilled because the original possession happened when I studied abroad during my junior year of college, causing me to miss the entire thing. Missing that cheesy mess was agonizing for me! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I too enjoyed the flashback scenes. They looked so young! The old clothing styles, the purple eyeshadow, the magenta lip colour.

Allie is going to play Sami? That'll be a stretch.

Too bad Ben didn't hear the voice from the tape recorder. Yeah, the Devil can speak telepathically to its host. But Ben should notice something odd in that Marlena never tells him what to do. Just lets him make up his own mind.

Johnny rewrote the script in one night? Did he even do any research on possession?

Allie has her brother's number and wooing style down pat. At least Chanel liked it.

• Love 6

Side issue, but it bugs me.

I don't like Allie, haven't liked her since she first reappeared played by this actress.  IMO, whatshername has a flat delivery, little affect and never lights up any scene she's in.  But what really bugs me about her lately is her snarky and unpleasant reaction to her brother's mere existence, let alone his relationship with Chanel.

She usually looks like she swallowed a jar of dill pickle juice and resembles Miss Gulch from the Wizard of Oz every time her brother is mentioned, much less shows up.

The guy who plays Johnnie is doing a fine job IMO, especially considering his lack of previous experience.  His character grates on occasion but I'd take him a hundred times over his sour-faced sister, any day.  Could she be at least a little bit less of a witch to her own twin?

Even Tripp deserves better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

The keep mentioning this is the point the changed Sami Brady and made her who she is today.  That Allie looks like her.  
Allie is acting petty and jealous.  Maybe this is what will change Allie and make her do her own schemes.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I too enjoyed the flashback scenes. They looked so young! The old clothing styles, the purple eyeshadow, the magenta lip colour.

Allie is going to play Sami? That'll be a stretch.

Too bad Ben didn't hear the voice from the tape recorder. Yeah, the Devil can speak telepathically to its host. But Ben should notice something odd in that Marlena never tells him what to do. Just lets him make up his own mind.

Johnny rewrote the script in one night? Did he even do any research on possession?

Allie has her brother's number and wooing style down pat. At least Chanel liked it.

The decade that style forgot!! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
17 hours ago, Anosmia said:

I thought John's voice sounded somewhat different in the pre-conference room-bonking flashbacks. I know aging can change a voice...I guess that's the case here?

These days, Drake's voice sounds raspy to me. But it's still more intelligible than John McCook's voice on B&B. To my ears, he hardly sounds like the same guy from decades ago. I barely understand him these days.  Thank GOODNESS for closed captioning!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

The keep mentioning this is the point the changed Sami Brady and made her who she is today.  That Allie looks like her.  
Allie is acting petty and jealous.  Maybe this is what will change Allie and make her do her own schemes.  

I’m all for it if it gives her an actual personality. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Devil, ol' Beelzebub, the Dark Lord, whatever he calls himself ain't all that smart.  So what if he makes Ben and Ciara's kid a monster?  With those two as parents, he was already going to make Chuckie  look like a rank amateur.  Any kid of theirs will be rotating his head, spewing green vomit and levitating his crib before he hits three months, Devil or not.  And Ciara will be browbeating the entire town into loving the kid no matter what he does.

Every time Marlena's tape recorder starts talking to her, I expect the Devil to tell her that her car warranty had expired and to press "1"  to renew it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

I thought it was funny when Chanel asked Johnny if he was only hiring her because she and the role (Celeste) are black. Too funny!  I think RC even knows they’re were very few AA on contact back in the day, if that. If the whole cast was to play a part from the original possession they be hard pressed to find a (substantial) role for Chanel, Eli and Chanel. Luckily, Abe was always there (less his role on Generations), and had a role. Of course, like Johnny said she could also play Lexi. So, I guess I might be wrong about the lack of roles but in general there weren’t many AA actors on the show. 

• Love 1

Awww, Ben, Marlena didn't not tell you to do something, like she always did. Uh, maybe you shouldn't show up on her doorstep so much.

How quick will Baby Weston come in to the world? Geez, Ciara, maybe find a job first so you can afford a nice apartment. It was creepy at the end when the window blew open.

EJ, do you just want a role in the 'movie' so you can be next to Chad's wife and get back at him?

Roman and John both playing the good cops in not wanting the movie done.

Surely with all the Devil talking away on the tape recorder, it will need new batteries soon.

Johnny, yeah, Celeste was black. Chanel had every right to ask you if you chose her only because she was black. For a long time, Salem was a very white town.

I did enjoy Marlena levitating at the end.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Chanel should be in the movie with all acting experience acting out sister sister.  She even let her mom play the mom.  

And didnt Jackee play the mother on "Sister, Sister" with Tia & Tamera Mowrey?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forwarded through the Ben/Ciara scenes of course. I was eating so!

Their love-making was so amazing that Ciara was convinced they were the rare occurrence of making a baby right after quitting her birth control.  It was so romantic.  Mmmhmm.

If you’re an actress, you want Celeste’s role in that film, regardless.  It’s definitely the better role.  If you own a new bakery, I don’t know how the hell you’d have the time to be filming a movie.

EJ wanting to be John Black was hilarious.  They’re almost making me want to see scenes from this film to see what the younger actors will do with their characters from the Original Possession storyline, even though I’m sure they’ll mostly be awful.  

I’m starting to chuckle at The Demon being inside Marlena’s devices, because, honestly, we all get pissed off (anthropomorphize) at our modern advances in technology.  

• Love 8

Babies aren’t exactly romantic. They are a 24/7 job. Of course the show won’t actually show how messy they are - sleepless nights, crying, dirty and stinky diapers. Of course since this is a soap, they will be tucked away blankets. Plus the expense. With the demon, chances are it will arrive early. Maybe be married for six months, get a half decent apartment.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And didnt Jackee play the mother on "Sister, Sister" with Tia & Tamera Mowrey?

Yes! I thought the line was cute and one of those times Ron does an in joke well.

2 hours ago, boes said:

Every time Marlena's tape recorder starts talking to her, I expect the Devil to tell her that her car warranty had expired and to press "1"  to renew it.

LOL. 

God, this storyline is parts maddening, but mostly boring. Watching Marlena sass her devil/tape recorder is not fun. And, is this what is was like back then? Marlena mostly just talking to herself while the devil was out of her body? It doesn't make sense (as much as a storyline like this can make sense.) The first time, this time around, he left her body he said it was because of John invoking God in the church or something like that. But then he re-possessed her when she clobbered Julie over the head. But now he's out and just infecting tape recorders where only she can hear him.

God, Johnny is a twat! I was on his side in his fight with EJ over wanting to make a movie, but he's being so selfish here - though he does come by it honestly from his two parents. He's too busy whining about not getting to make the movie, when he didn't even do the most important thing, which was secure the rights to Marlena's story. But, I guess it's like Chanel has said, where he thinks he can charm anyone and get his way. He probably just assumes as her grandson, Marlena will just do it, but he hasn't bothered to listen to Roman or John. Instead of getting more financing, he needs to first go to his grandmother and ask her about how she feels about this, and listen to her if she says it's too much for her, and not break out the guitar and poorly try to serenade her into giving in.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes! I thought the line was cute and one of those times Ron does an in joke well.

LOL. 

God, this storyline is parts maddening, but mostly boring. Watching Marlena sass her devil/tape recorder is not fun. And, is this what is was like back then? Marlena mostly just talking to herself while the devil was out of her body? It doesn't make sense (as much as a storyline like this can make sense.) The first time, this time around, he left her body he said it was because of John invoking God in the church or something like that. But then he re-possessed her when she clobbered Julie over the head. But now he's out and just infecting tape recorders where only she can hear him.

God, Johnny is a twat! I was on his side in his fight with EJ over wanting to make a movie, but he's being so selfish here - though he does come by it honestly from his two parents. He's too busy whining about not getting to make the movie, when he didn't even do the most important thing, which was secure the rights to Marlena's story. But, I guess it's like Chanel has said, where he thinks he can charm anyone and get his way. He probably just assumes as her grandson, Marlena will just do it, but he hasn't bothered to listen to Roman or John. Instead of getting more financing, he needs to first go to his grandmother and ask her about how she feels about this, and listen to her if she says it's too much for her, and not break out the guitar and poorly try to serenade her into giving in.

Not like he will do some guitar licks and shreds out of the Devil Went down to Salem.

• LOL 6