Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Sure thing.

Chloe and Nic had drinks in the square and chatted about boy troubles. Nic admitted she was a bit messed up over Eric and was into Rafe and had been for a while but was considering EJ because "Sami was out of the picture." "For how long..?!" Chloe asked, reminding her that EJ was dangerous and had lashed out at her in the past. Nic pointed out Philip getting rowdy wasn't good either, but Chloe said they have history and he can be sweet, even if she wanted Brady while he was still with Kristen. Nic explained how she helped Steve and betrayed EJ so Kristen would be behind bars. They toasted to Kristen getting locked away finally...

Philip and Ava's goofy goon came to the K mansion and explained that if he goes down for shooting Abe, he'll sing to the cops about working for them, so they'd better hide him.

Maggie met Paulina at the hospital for the first time and they chatted about Abe. Paulina accidentally called Lani her "daughter" instead of niece and played it off as her just being tired. She told Maggie she looked like Bonnie Raitt, which was the first cute thing this character ever said.

Lucas carped at Brady for getting between Chloe and Philip and Brady told him to butt out.

EJ texted Nic to invite her over - "I'm alone in the house...." - but Kristen popped up to slap him over somehow helping Steve figure out her phone number and then track her. EJ remembered Steve, Kayla and...his date having access to his phone but wouldn't say it was Nic.

I didn't see the last five minutes. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gabi tells Rafe he should be looking at Ava and Philip for bringing Carmine to Salem, insulting Ava in the process (she said something about how Ava only has sex with him and makes lasagna). Rafe looks constipated at this news.

Ave 'intimidates' Carmine the goon by saying she's still the boss 😂 and they leave the K mansion.

Philip shows up at Chloe's hotel room. They just look at each other.

Brady is all offended that Lucas would accuse him of sleeping with Chloe and decides to warn her that Philip might go all batshit again. He leaves the room to grab his phone, and Kristen the fugitive just waltzes in the front door.

Nic shows up at EJ's door. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, auchic said:

Gabi tells Rafe he should be looking at Ava and Philip for bringing Carmine to Salem, insulting Ava in the process (she said something about how Ava only has sex with him and makes lasagna). Rafe looks constipated at this news.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• LOL 7

Loved this ep.

I'm really digging EJ. The actor is so hot now with his relaxed hair and beard. But it's not just his hotness lol, he has a really good energy. I can't wait for Nicole/EJ scenes tomorrow.

Everything with Phillip/Carmine/Ava was comedy gold to me. Hell, even the Gabi/Jake/Rafe scenes were fun.

The Brady/Lucas scenes were dull but I love Lucas so I still kinda liked them anyway lol.

• Love 9

I enjoyed today's ep.

Gabi and Jake were funny when he was being questioned by Rafe. Jake's story made sense and it's probably the most honest confession that the Salem PD has had in ages.

Carmine, Ava and Phiip were also funny at the mansion. Where is the men's room? Do they think that Victor won't notice a lumbering beast of a houseguest? Not like they can hide him in the DiMera tunnels.

Kristen sure came flying in on her broom fast. Steve could track her that fast? EJ was looking good - uh, don't go visit Brady.

Nicole did come clean about helping Steve - at least to Chloe. Guess she will figure out if EJ will forgive her or send her to the wine cellar.

I can't see Maggie being in to Bonnie Raitt but who knows. Paulina did slip and said Lani was her daughter? Being tired and stressed will do that to you.

• Love 4

Really?  No one has ever told Maggie she looks like Bonnie Raitt?  That’s almost more of a stretch than Dr Rolf’s Magical Back From The Dead Serum. 

Take me out back and shoot me with Nicole mooning over her forbidden love for Rafe.  Gawd, I hate it. 

Dan Feuerriegel is my new favorite.  I loved how he balanced being understandably irritated at Kristin’s stupidity with that brotherly soft spot he has for her.  I wouldn’t mind if we never see Stacy Haiduk’s incarnation of Kristin again but I did enjoy their scenes today. 

I like how Ava tried to dip her toe back in the Mob Pool, and now she’s kinda ended up soaking wet.  Curious to see if all of this is going to snowball out of control for her.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Dan Feuerriegel is my new favorite.  I loved how he balanced being understandably irritated at Kristin’s stupidity with that brotherly soft spot he has for her.  I wouldn’t mind if we never see Stacy Haiduk’s incarnation of Kristin again but I did enjoy their scenes today. 

This was the first EJ/Kristen scene since he died waaaay back when...right? No, wait...Kristen warned him about Sami cheating...huh...had these two actors shared a scene yet?

His hair definitely looks better.

• Love 6

So it's come to this.  Now, even Kristen is too good for Pepperidge Farm canned ham known as Brady.  I don't care what Philip's shortcomings are.  Compared to Brady's Cinnabon body and Ego by Mattel, he's the catch of day.  Everything Lucas told him was the truth but that lumbering self-involved fart bomb of a man can't even see what an entitled and pompous ass he's being in regard to Chloe.

But since she's fast becoming the female version of Brady, I hope Philip gets the hell out of that mess and leaves the Salem versions of Rodan and Mothra to their grunting coupling.

If Abe has any sense, when he wakes up he'll immediately request to be put into a self-induced coma.  After seeing Lexie in the afterlife, he should be willing to do anything to avoid marrying Paulina.

Kristen is back....oh yay......  Rachel is going to think Halloween came early when Mommy Drearest drops in for a visit.

DiMera children strain that old "nature vs. nurture" argument past all credulity.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sure thing.

Chloe and Nic had drinks in the square and chatted about boy troubles. Nic admitted she was a bit messed up over Eric and was into Rafe and had been for a while but was considering EJ because "Sami was out of the picture." "For how long..?!" Chloe asked, reminding her that EJ was dangerous and had lashed out at her in the past. Nic pointed out Philip getting rowdy wasn't good either, but Chloe said they have history and he can be sweet, even if she wanted Brady while he was still with Kristen. Nic explained how she helped Steve and betrayed EJ so Kristen would be behind bars. They toasted to Kristen getting locked away finally...

Philip and Ava's goofy goon came to the K mansion and explained that if he goes down for shooting Abe, he'll sing to the cops about working for them, so they'd better hide him.

Maggie met Paulina at the hospital for the first time and they chatted about Abe. Paulina accidentally called Lani her "daughter" instead of niece and played it off as her just being tired. She told Maggie she looked like Bonnie Raitt, which was the first cute thing this character ever said.

Lucas carped at Brady for getting between Chloe and Philip and Brady told him to butt out.

EJ texted Nic to invite her over - "I'm alone in the house...." - but Kristen popped up to slap him over somehow helping Steve figure out her phone number and then track her. EJ remembered Steve, Kayla and...his date having access to his phone but wouldn't say it was Nic.

Thanks!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I am so glad people are appreciating him now. I had the benefit of both loving him from Spartacus and barely seeing James Scott's version, so I was all in from his first scene

• Love 4

He's still a bit too....presentational? You can sense him delivering lines. JS was more off the cuff.

Decent episode today. Liked the kid playing Rachel, but loved Steve busting Kristen. Ha ha!

Does anyone else have completely separate feelings towards SH's Kristen and ED's Kristen? I like seeing SH's lose and ED's win...just me?

There was some weird revisionist history in the dialogue today...

Kristen-as-Nicole didn't tell Salem that Holly was dead...she staged a car accident with Ted. People were there to witness the wreck. That's what ended Rafe and Hope - he went against her orders and caused the car chase and it lead to the death of a child, which triggered her because Zach. Then they split. It wasn't some lie K-A-N told people.

On the other hand, Nicole saying that Kristen held Holly hostage until Nicole agreed to help her take over her life was new information, and a good piece of the unfinished puzzle that was that storyline. I mean, maybe it was always implied that Holly was used as a bargaining chip by Kristen back then, but I never heard that stated as fact. It always sounded more like she did what she wanted and didn't negotiate anything much with Nicole and just kept her prisoner.

....then, we had Nicole crediting Kristen with having written EJ the letter that told him about Lucas and Sami. Except A) yeah, he knows so why are you even saying it (there should be a reason other than to remind the audience) and B) why are you both talking about it as if the letter went straight from Kristen to EJ? It didn't. Nicole threw it in your face, EJ! And you both know that. And should both feel awkward about it...

I think the scriptwriter forgot that rather significant part of the story. EJ wouldn't know about the affair if not for Nicole. She was the one who ultimately - and cruelly - delivered the news.

But you'd never know it from the amicable tone of the conversation they had today and the details it (purposely?) omitted. Weird.

Would have enjoyed seeing Brady, Rachel and Chloe at the pumpkin patch. Are pumpkins now too expensive for the budget?

Yay Victor. Love you. That's right, you show your face around town! When will he have a scene with Maggie?

Also - what was Maggie's first scene back like? Did she talk to someone about Summer? I missed SR's first day back.

Chloe and Philip's chicken kiss was nice.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I am so glad people are appreciating him now. I had the benefit of both loving him from Spartacus and barely seeing James Scott's version, so I was all in from his first scene

Yea, I do wonder if having not seen much of James Scott version makes it easier to love this one. Although tbh what I did see of the JS version didn't impress me that much lol.

• Love 3

I think JS's version could at least be humorous and I believed him in a pairing as I loved his version of EJ/Nicole (and they had funny moments like when they dressed up as Elvis/Priscilla for Halloween). I found the family scenes he had with Stefano, Lexie etc authentic.

Not so much with this one although I think DF has been a decent recast considering I just think he plays EJ the way he should've been written a villain not meant to be a romantic lead.

I don't care how badly Brady treats Kristen it will never be enough she raped him so nothing he does will be worse than that to me.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I do wonder if having not seen much of James Scott version makes it easier to love this one. Although tbh what I did see of the JS version didn't impress me that much lol.

I loved JS, but I have liked NuEJ from day one. Though, I have to admit I didn’t really see him as the real EJ until recently. I like him a lot. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think JS's version could at least be humorous and I believed him in a pairing as I loved his version of EJ/Nicole (and they had funny moments like when they dressed up as Elvis/Priscilla for Halloween).

Whaaaaat?!!

😂😂😂 Pics please, I beg you!!!🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only scenes I've seen of JS's EJ involved Abigail so that might be why I didn't think much of him lol.

That would do it!

I think that's what made him abandon acting altogether.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

That would do it!

Funny when you consider that Abigail is actually older than EJ by like two years or something.

Whatever. They didn't ruin EJ with that story. He was always kind of gross. I think JS just liked his vibe with AS and got annoyed with the producers for messing their relationship up.

...or he really hated Mansi 😄

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Artsda said:

No way would Victor give into Jack, he'd prefer the 2 women rot in prison especially Bonnie. Gwen he does not know.

If Justin gets charges dropped Gwen should too as their crimes were linked. Bonnie should face charges no way should she get off 

BTW loved Nicole pointing out to EJ that Rachel only exists cause Kristen was using her face to rape Brady 

• Love 6

I liked Nicole and EJ and that he listened to the truths that she dropped on him. About being held captive, Kristen impersonating her, how Rachel came about. Even taking off his ring because his hand was greasy from the high-end pizza. Plus admitting to helping Steve find Kristen because of how she treated her. They seem comfortable together.

Awww, Kristen, screaming like a lunatic about being a mother does not get you out of your crimes. I can be many things and I should be able to get out of crimes that I have committed. Too bad Steve caught you so quickly.

The hotel has such delicious fried chicken? Well, of course, at a premium cost. Surely they could have just gone to a drive thru and gotten cheaper chicken. At least you now know Philip lied to you about contacting your assistant for your address.

Hi Victor and Jack. John Aniston sounded a little more frail today. Doubt he will want to set Bonnie and Gwen free. Melinda may not want so many folks who won't face charges.

Brady, are you really going to not get involve with Kristen or will you once again let her in to your life?

• Love 5

Brady is an  addict. Kristin is his addiction. His supporter system (John and Marlena) are a little busy right now.  
  Steve is an amazing PI he found Kristin in 24 hours.   He was also the only one with sense and told Brady to put Rachel back to bed.  Poor Rachel.
  Jail is good for Zander.   He looks more handsome every day.    

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 11

I liked James Scott, and I was disappointed when he left.  But, he didn’t play the character long enough, or so brilliantly, that I’d think his portrayal defined the character.  Not to mention that EJ has basically been to Hell and Back since JS left, so it’s not unfathomable that his personality would be impacted.  

Well, that was close.  I was worried EJ’s rage would take over, he’d kick Nicole out and she’d go crying to Rafe.  I really liked that Nicole could do something underhanded, and EJ could understand, from experience, why that would happen.  

How the hell did Steve find Kristen so quickly?  That almost never happens.  

This whole thing with bargaining Kristen’s capture to get four other characters out of jail is as stupid as Gabi using her bone marrow, or whatever it was, to negotiate her way out of jail.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

BTW loved Nicole pointing out to EJ that Rachel only exists cause Kristen was using her face to rape Brady

Agreed. I'd actually forgotten how Kristen was rewarded for rape like that. Disgusting. 

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Awww, Kristen, screaming like a lunatic about being a mother does not get you out of your crimes.

It would have if Lani was at the door instead of Steve!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only scenes I've seen of JS's EJ involved Abigail so that might be why I didn't think much of him lol.

Not to mention EJ & Sami is a “love” story that started with him raping her. I can believe someone like Jack had truly been redeemed but not EJ 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, boes said:

Hell, maybe that's what drove him to insanity!

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Awww, Kristen, screaming like a lunatic about being a mother does not get you out of your crimes.

In Salem, it actually kinda does.

• LOL 5

"Gotta work on that eyebrow thing" was genius.

Why is John's whisper growl closer to what I assume the devil sounds like than MarDevil?

Paulina has got to work on her poker face. The entire time Lani was going on about Abe being a great father, she looked like she needed to use the facilities.

Also, it's amazing that Theo (and Shawn and Belle apparently) can repeatedly catch the supersonic jet from J'burg, whereas Eric could never, ever manage to catch "the flight from Africa".

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Also, it's amazing that Theo (and Shawn and Belle apparently) can repeatedly catch the supersonic jet from J'burg, whereas Eric could never, ever manage to catch "the flight from Africa".

Poor Eric always insisted on flying over on his very own Angel Wings, yet somehow they never held aloft long enough for him to get very far.

It's hard being the Savior.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, boes said:

Poor Eric always insisted on flying over on his very own Angel Wings, yet somehow they never held aloft long enough for him to get very far.

It's hard being the Savior.

Really bad mileage awards on Angel Wings. Seats are always stuck up too.

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Funny when you consider that Abigail is actually older than EJ by like two years or something.

Whatever. They didn't ruin EJ with that story. He was always kind of gross. I think JS just liked his vibe with AS and got annoyed with the producers for messing their relationship up.

...or he really hated Mansi 😄

I was never under the impression that he had an issue with KM they seemed to get along. However I think he was just burned out playing EJ regardless of who they paired him with.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Whaaaaat?!!

😂😂😂 Pics please, I beg you!!!🤣🤣🤣

I can do better here's a clip. I forgot Abe/Lexie were in this clip. I liked Lexie's costume.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

EJ was funny today with the Priest costume and his cracks to Chad. 

Abby forgave Chad was too easy. She should not be defending him so much. 

John's in the Dimera crypt. Lol 

Paulina asking Lani was rude to Chanel. She could have easily had a maid and matron of honor. Paulina doesn't seem the "give away" type. More the give herself away type.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Paulina asking Lani was rude to Chanel. She could have easily had a maid and matron of honor. Paulina doesn't seem the "give away" type. More the give herself away type.

This! Poor Chanel is at best an also-ran to Paulina. I’m very interested to see how Chanel reacts to the big Lani reveal. 

• Love 5

EJ looked hot in the priest costume. His non-slicked back hair looks much better. Of course he wants to work with Abs in order to stick it to Chad.

Does the DiMera crypt come with the chains or did MarDevil find the time to stop at the DIY shop or wherever you buy them, either do it before she lugged John there, install it while he was there and unconscious or what? She seems very strong to do all that work and lift him up and lock him.

Belle was rightfully creeped out when she saw her mom's yellow eyes, er, contacts. Add Marlena's hair extensions, more severe makeup and her mom was a sight for sore eyes. So she, Shawn, and Theo all got seats on the plane?

The Ouija board thing was silly. You don't just ask questions and hope something turns up. You might not want the something that turns up. It needs to be opened and closed properly so that if something does actually work, you have to deal with it. It was honest, though, about the Devil. And his exact location - DiMera Crypt. Wonder if Johnny and Allie will find Grandpa John. Wonder if also, like the tunnels under the mansion, if there are washroom facilities.

Paulina, Chanel should have been the first choice for Maid of Honor. Your only save was asking her to give you away. She is old enough to give herself away. One could have been Matron of Honor and one Maid of Honor.  Poor Abe may need a few weeks' recovery befor he can stand and walk at his own wedding.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

"Gotta work on that eyebrow thing" was genius.

Why is John's whisper growl closer to what I assume the devil sounds like than MarDevil?

Paulina has got to work on her poker face. The entire time Lani was going on about Abe being a great father, she looked like she needed to use the facilities.

Aaaaaand you are inside my mind. It's amazing 😄

Well said.

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I can do better here's a clip. I forgot Abe/Lexie were in this clip. I liked Lexie's costume.

Oh my God....if Susan had only been there...!

...actually, scratch that, as it probably would have given her very confusing feelings...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Jackee Harry relies on that I-Just-Smelled-A-Fart Face way too often.  

MarDevil living its best life in that sexy Devil costume.  Those scenes with Belle were hilarious!

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Ouija board thing was silly.

The weird thing was almost all of those Ouija scenes gave me goosebumps, even though I’m highly skeptical of those boards revealing any truths.  

2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I’m very interested to see how Chanel reacts to the big Lani reveal.

Me, too.  I hope they give the actress something of substance to work with.  She’s talented, and I feel bad that most of her scenes consist of talking about baked goods or flirting with Johnnie.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Jackee Harry relies on that I-Just-Smelled-A-Fart Face way too often.  

MarDevil living its best life in that sexy Devil costume.  Those scenes with Belle were hilarious!

The weird thing was almost all of those Ouija scenes gave me goosebumps, even though I’m highly skeptical of those boards revealing any truths.  

Me, too.  I hope they give the actress something of substance to work with.  She’s talented, and I feel bad that most of her scenes consist of talking about baked goods or flirting with Johnnie.  

I never got any results from a Ouija board. It was fun and someone was moving the planchette. Sometimes you do get a spirit, most likely a low level one. If not, it is just your subconscious mind answering your question. Too bad they didn’t ask who they were talking to - someone spelling out Charlie would have been fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The show wasn’t on here yesterday so I missed it.  
I remember my grandmother not letting me go to a sleep over because the kids owned a Ouija board.  Wonder how she would have felt knowing my sister had a Séance (sp ?) and the spirit of Elvis lived in our house lol.  

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

When Johnny first arrived there were a lot of hints that he would find out that he was conceived in rape. If he gets hit with that revelation at the same time as Chanel gets hit with the Lani revelation, they could have something of substance to bond over rather than surface-level flirting. And hey, MarDevil knows both of those secrets...

• Useful 3
  • Love 6