Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I used to say I could enjoy SH as Susan, at least.

No more.

57 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

If that baby does rip through her uterus with glowing eyes and a tail I'm going to be seriously disappointed. 

I'd be happy! Sad to say but I have lost all affection for her. She really acts like a cult member or religious extremist with the stars in her eyes and the smugness. There's zero reason to think she or Ben will prove to be good parents but sure, whatever, you tell yourselves that...

Thanks, though, Peanut. Glad to make ya laugh LOL.

1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm glad Caroline died before this crapfest began.

Of course I wish the actors were still alive but yeah, Caroline or Stefano cheering Ben on would have made me rage. I am rather glad Hope is off canvas, where she can be free to privately scream "WTF ARE YOU DOING MY STUPID GIRL?!?" at a photo of Ciara, as I am increasingly tempted to do.

Victor, as the town meanie, is allowed to hate Ben, thank God. Shane seemed fine with him dying in a fire when they met face-to-face on Beyond Salem. Eve hates him, bless her. Vincent hates him. Are they the only ones with the freedom to feel that way?

(Hopefully JJ does too.)

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'd be happy! Sad to say but I have lost all affection for her. She really acts like a cult member or religious extremist with the stars in her eyes and the smugness. There's zero reason to think she or Ben will prove to be good parents but sure, whatever, you tell yourselves that...

Opps, I mistyped. What I wanted to say was "if that baby doesn't rip through her uterus with glowing eyes and a tail.. I'll be disappointed" Not does. So yeah, I'm rooting for a Rosemary's Baby birth for sure too.  I couldn't agree more how overzealous she has become. You nailed it! Ciara's ego has gotten too big for her hair. She needs brought down from all that smugness and "we have the most epic love and now we'll have a perfect baby" crap. Nothing like a literal demon's spawn to remind her that just maybe she shouldn't have rushed the conception when her serial killer hubby had doubts--valid doubts. 

• Love 6

I wonder how long it will be before they start stuffing Ciara's clothes with pillows. The pic I saw of today already had her cradling her 3-hour pregnant belly. If they stay true to horror film ways, that baby will be growing extremely fast and I predict a baby by Christmas. A baby what, I don't know.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I used to say I could enjoy SH as Susan, at least.

No more.

Of course I wish the actors were still alive but yeah, Caroline or Stefano cheering Ben on would have made me rage. I am rather glad Hope is off canvas, where she can be free to privately scream "WTF ARE YOU DOING MY STUPID GIRL?!?" at a photo of Ciara, as I am increasingly tempted to do.

Victor, as the town meanie, is allowed to hate Ben, thank God. Shane seemed fine with him dying in a fire when they met face-to-face on Beyond Salem. Eve hates him, bless her. Vincent hates him. Are they the only ones with the freedom to feel that way?

(Hopefully JJ does too.)

JJ acted like Ben didn't exist half the time which is just as acceptable to me lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

At very least Ciara should have some interesting.  
   I don’t hate Rafe but do think he should have at least talked to Ava.  Wondering if Tripp will have problem with Rafe now.  It could cause problems with his relationship with Allie.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I wonder how long it will be before they start stuffing Ciara's clothes with pillows. The pic I saw of today already had her cradling her 3-hour pregnant belly. If they stay true to horror film ways, that baby will be growing extremely fast and I predict a baby by Christmas. A baby what, I don't know.

I posted before: unless the show has a waaaay early delivery (super duper preemie baby), are they really going to keep the MarDevil story going for nine months?!  

12 minutes ago, tribeca said:

At very least Ciara should have some interesting.  
   I don’t hate Rafe but do think he should have at least talked to Ava.  Wondering if Tripp will have problem with Rafe now.  It could cause problems with his relationship with Allie.  

OK, really, seriously how WILL the show explain how all these people saw dead folks?  Ava, Tripp, Allie, Gabi, Nicole...will they say all of them ate the same cupcake or something to induce mass hallucination?  Or is the show really going with zombies?  [I'm skipping over the MarDevil thing because as yet the people who know about MarDevil are out of the picture and likely to be out for a bit].

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I agree. I also think Rafe needs to recuse himself from this case. His waning interest in his girlfriend coupled with the growing interest in his pants to Nicole is affecting his objectivity (if he ever had that in the first place.) But as far as Allie, she thankfully seems to have forgotten her worship of her favorite step-daddy.

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

If they rip off follow the movie, Ciara should start experiencing chronic pain and chop off all her locks soon.  To bad they killed off Snyder, he could have been the Satanist OB doctor she gets referred to. 

• Love 11

I loved the look on Chloe's face when Nicole told her about having sex with Rafe on the conference table (with Chloe sitting at said table).    And then there was Chloe cleaning the table with what was probably disinfectant in a later scene.   Hysterical.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Rafe has turned into an ass. He cheated on Ava and I hope Ava destroys both him and Nicole when she finds out.

Rafe has always been an ass and also a self-righteous jerk with no self-awareness.  I wanted EJ to kick his ass so bad.

• Love 5

I too liked Nicole talking to Chloe about her nocturnal adventures on the table with Rafe. Ewwwww.

So Charlie didn't leave any fingerprints?

At least something weird is going on in Salem with several sightings of dead people.

Missed the cake at the end. Some sort of glitch in the last minute. Ah well.

Ciara's baby is probably half a cm long right now. I wouldn't want crazy Susan Banks touching my tummy.

Allie's baby is over a year old by now. He should be a bit more active and almost in a small stroller.

Ava will have every right to go after Rafe and Nicole when all this comes out.

Great, Mardevil, plant the seeds of seduction in Brady.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Rafe has always been an ass and also a self-righteous jerk with no self-awareness.  I wanted EJ to kick his ass so bad.

I agree he’s always been an ass, but the show always has pitched him as a hero. Today, the show finally allowed viewers to see him in an unflattering light. I’m glad. I hope Ava destroys him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Great, Mardevil, plant the seeds of seduction in Brady.

Only supernatural powers of some sort, either good or evil, would be capable of planting anything in Brady's brain.  Talk about barren ground.....

6 hours ago, sas616 said:

I loved the look on Chloe's face when Nicole told her about having sex with Rafe on the conference table (with Chloe sitting at said table).    And then there was Chloe cleaning the table with what was probably disinfectant in a later scene.   Hysterical.

Phew... I bet the whole table smelled like lasagna and jock itch.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Susan and CIN are both automatic fast forward for me - imagine my delight when they were in scenes together so I could expedite the process!

Rafe just needs Gabi to tell him about Zombie Nick and then he will have the trifecta of undead info. I imagine she won't keep her mouth shut (she never does) so he just might figure out it is true once he gets a third zombie sighting. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, boes said:

Only supernatural powers of some sort, either good or evil, would be capable of planting anything in Brady's brain.  Talk about barren ground.....

Phew... I bet the whole table smelled like lasagna and jock itch.

LOL I'm both laughing and gagging at the thought of that scent!  Give Yankee Candle or Bath & Body Works a bit and I bet the Salem shops will be selling it for their Satanic Christmas sales. 😁🤣

• LOL 10
22 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Rafe has turned into an ass. He cheated on Ava and I hope Ava destroys both him and Nicole when she finds out.

Well its not as if he hasn't cheated before. He cheated on Jordan with Kate which I found worse tbh. 

Speaking of Kate just keep her in scenes with her actual children/grandchildren she is of no use to me otherwise.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Does Susan annoy anyone else? I don’t like the way Stacy plays her, like she’s a dumbass hick. 

Yeah I find her unwatchable. Original Susan was quirky but not dumb, this version comes across as borderline lower functioning 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Does Susan annoy anyone else? I don’t like the way Stacy plays her, like she’s a dumbass hick. 

14 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah I find her unwatchable. Original Susan was quirky but not dumb, this version comes across as borderline lower functioning 

I agree.  Susan isn't funny to me as much as embarrassingly ill-conceived and ridiculously played.  Luckily, she's in scenes with Ben and Ciara so  I get to ff all three at the same time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, boes said:

I agree.  Susan isn't funny to me as much as embarrassingly ill-conceived and ridiculously played.  Luckily, she's in scenes with Ben and Ciara so  I get to ff all three at the same time.

Same, but I rewound to get to start of new scene and heard Mardevil say in a scary tone to Susan to get her hands off Cierra or she would not be breathing much longer. Cin seemed cool with this and did not twig that anything was odd. I hate them.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Love 7

Brady really didn't think anything was wrong with Marlena? She doesn't speak like that ever. Ben too didn't think twice either with how angry she spoke of Susan.

DH must be loving this though. She gets to be more animated. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Brady really didn't think anything was wrong with Marlena? She doesn't speak like that ever. Ben too didn't think twice either with how angry she spoke of Susan.

Brady is dumb as rocks. Ben should know better especially witnessing that. Cierra is a self obsessed narcissist so expect nothing there 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So Susan needs to put on a show to get a psychic premonition? She came across as some sort of weirdo fortuneteller or circus act. She shouldn't have to be basically touching Ciara's burrito belly.

Dr. Evans would never treat her that way. I can see a more gentle approach of uh, these theatrics are in poor taste and you shouldn't be scaring them. However, Dr. Evans has not been herself and has actually had more of a spine of sorts.

Philip, you are not noble. Chloe, you are terrible at keeping secrets. You may as well run the Salem Intruder. Kate, stick to living at the pub and just talk to your kids.

Rafe is starting to catch on to the zombies and that it wasn't just one person imagining them or a weird Halloween prank. Does he care about having to tell Ava that he cheated on her? Probably not. Nicole should plan a 2 week vacation and take off for a bit.

Of course, Susan's premonitions finally caught up to her and now she knows who is the evil influence.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Of course, Susan's premonitions finally caught up to her and now she knows who is the evil influence.

MarDevil is just one of Susan's evil influences.  The other evil, even worse and far more longstanding in her case is the Wardrobe department.

I don't think prayers work on that, either.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, boes said:

MarDevil is just one of Susan's evil influences.  The other evil, even worse and far more longstanding in her case is the Wardrobe department.

A good mirror might. Someone to take her shopping. However, a former coworker (maybe I mentioned her) dressed a lot of days like her apartment was on fire and she grabbed whatever was in the closet while escaping or she got dressed in the dark.

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed the scenes today between Kate & her 2 sons: Lucas & Philip.  Lucas' dry humor cracks me up.  And Philip trying to be 'noble"...that wont last long!

Philip and Lucas exchanging smirks across Kate was hilarious. I really think JKJ and BD are somehow among each other's best scene partners even though that brotherly relationship had always been underplayed.

And yeah, Philip is definitely in the "Tony" role this possession. But Tony eventually reinvented himself, so here's hoping Philip does as well. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

She's definitely being more animated. She's coming across as another version of Hattie Williams.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, boes said:

Yeah, wardrobe department could tone it down some. It's a little too much even for Susan.

I wonder if Susan is going to pop in on her beloved Elvis.That would be more preferable then watching those ridiculous scenes with Ben and Ciarrrrrrrrr.

• Love 7

Are they setting up a, "Who killed Chloe storyline?" They reminded us twice about Kate and Lucas' history with Chloe, plus Philip's growing jealously, and of course there was the reminder that Kristen recently returned. And of course Victor's long history of hatred for the character. Something happens to Chloe and Brady is framed. Just speculation, but I found it odd the history lesson of a storyline that happened more than a decade ago.

My opinion is a little different from everyone else's here regarding D. Hall. Watching her as the Devil informs me why she hasn't been awarded a Daytime Emmy in all the decades she's played the character. I don't see her as more animated or even like Hattie. She just seems like a more annoyed Marlena.

I'll give the show this; I'm am interested in how this cousin Carmine storyline will end. Not because I care about any of the people involved, but how the hell are they going to explain to Trask that a deceased person killed a guy. I actually do want to see how this resolves, which I hope will be with the murder of Rafe, Ava, Tripp, Steve, and Kayla. Somehow an undead Charlie serial killer storyline still won't be the most ludicrous and ridiculous thing happening on my screen right now.

It's odd and shocking that in the Ben/Ciara relationship, Ben is the one with more and deeper connections on the current canvas. Are they living in a basement?

It's odd that somehow Nicole has all these connections on canvas while simultaneously feeling completely adrift. I literally just don't see a place for her on the current canvas as she is currently written. 

• Love 3

Maybe it's because of the cat, but I really enjoyed today's episode.  Even MarDevil didn't seem over the top, but probably that's because she was acting opposite Susan. LOL. 

But again, totally loved seeing the cat.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Did the Olympics preempting viewing screw the production timeline or what? It's November 10th, and we're still looking at carved pumpkins? This storyline should have had a mind-blowing conclusion on November 1,  All Saints' Day.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

Did the Olympics preempting viewing screw the production timeline or what? It's November 10th, and we're still looking at carved pumpkins? This storyline should have had a mind-blowing conclusion on November 1,  All Saints' Day.

I think it's still only November 1st their time. If I recall correctly, Ciara took the pregnancy test at the pub on the 31st and then the next day they woke up and she went to the hospital for that test, and she's still wearing the same white dress so same day.  The intro should probably say, "Like sands through the hourglass, the days of our lives last more like a week..."😁

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Paulina had the line of the day - I’ve never seen a cat with buck teeth.

Johnny, maybe tell Chanel that the real Celeste had a Creole accent. Brandon and Celeste are going on a safari and can’t come to the wedding?

Susan was really good when she got Mardevil to come out from hiding. No dumb screeching. She does make a good cat.

Belle, I would be wondering where my mom got a cat and one that did not like her. Does no one call anyone first before showing up?  At least you can help out Ciara with the baby. She has a bit of a ways to go before becoming a mom. Poor Theo to find out that his ex married someone else a few weeks ago and is already preggers.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

how the hell are they going to explain to Trask that a deceased person killed a guy.

I honest to god don't understand why anyone in Salem is ever surprised to hear that someone who is "dead" has shown up somewhere. Half the town has been dead and revived at some point. Some of them multiple times.

3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Did the Olympics preempting viewing screw the production timeline or what? It's November 10th, and we're still looking at carved pumpkins?

Ha, there are several houses in my neighborhood that still have not taken down their Halloween decorations. Some of them next to houses that already have their Christmas lights up! 

And that reminds me of the JER days of this show when a day would literally stretch out for months on screen. I seem to remember one year where Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve were all the same 'day', lol.

4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Brandon and Celeste are going on a safari and can’t come to the wedding?

That was weird, and the way Abe worded it made it sound like Brandon and Celeste were doing more than hanging out together...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

It seemed like They were doing a little History-Repeats-Itself thing with the Susan/MarDevil confrontation mirroring Kristin confronting The Devil, where Kristin grabs Marlena’s wrist, the reveal of yellow eyes and The Devil attacking Kristin/Susan.  During the Original, this was preceded by MarDevil turning herself into a black panther to attack the Scholars.  

I actually enjoyed Susan and MarDevil at first, until Susan started yammering about Vivian being a vampire and then it all became so stupid.  I used to enjoy Stacy as Susan but it feels like she defaults to Susan as a total moron territory now, whereas I thought she made her feel like more of a real person when she first started playing her.  

MarDevil telling Shawn/Belle to close the door for her as she rushed off to take SuCat to the shelter made me laugh.  

I thought Raven Bowens was kinda close on how Celeste said “Stefano” and figured she had watched some of Tanya Boyd’s scenes, so it was weird when Theo came in to correct Chanel on her accent.  

I was hoping we’d get more of a confrontation between Chanel and Paulina, as this isn’t the first time Paulina has lied to Chanel about something.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 6

Why would Celeste go to the wedding, anyway?   She's not related to either the bride or the groom and that's a long way to travel just for a piece of wedding cake.  

Chanel was the best part of today's show just like Ciara and Ben were the worst.  Lani giving her Dad grief about his diet had me wishing someone would wipe the smug off her face.

I never liked Susan more than after MarDevil gave her a makeover.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, boes said:

Why would Celeste go to the wedding, anyway?   She's not related to either the bride or the groom and that's a long way to travel just for a piece of wedding cake.  

Chanel was the best part of today's show just like Ciara and Ben were the worst.  Lani giving her Dad grief about his diet had me wishing someone would wipe the smug off her face.

I never liked Susan more than after MarDevil gave her a makeover.  

Celeste is related to Abe despite the fact Lexie died he's her grandson's father. 

I also echo the sentiments I prefer Susan in cat form. I normally get a creepy feeling seeing black cats but it was so cute.

• Love 5

Love the cat!!.. I have one just like it & he’s half Devil half lover🐈❤️ ( ever notice how mostly no one has pets on soaps?)

Ciara, if you insist on wearing too tight clothes, spanx is your friend. Or now that you are preggers , go up a size or 3. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought Raven Bowens was kinda close on how Celeste said “Stefano” and figured she had watched some of Tanya Boyd’s scenes, so it was weird when Theo came in to correct Chanel on her accent.  

Yea, Chanel was clearly doing an accent so I was confused when they were then all (even Chanel lol) acting like she wasn't doing one.

11 hours ago, boes said:

Chanel was the best part of today's show just like Ciara and Ben were the worst.

Typical lol.

• Love 5

I found it completely ridiculous that Belle could be so comfortable cozying up to the guy who tried to strangle her mom to death. ( Not to mention what he did to Will) Even if Marlena considers Ben as a boy crush, doesn't mean everyone else should feel comfortable around this guy. It's ridiculous that Ron forces all these characters to forget what a monster this guy was all because he's Ron's new boy toy. 🙄

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 8

I'm giving up on today's episode. So boring.

At least yesterday had a cute kitty and Chanel channeling Celeste.

Such slim pickins these days.

(Can we finally stop asking actors to impersonate Joe as Stefano? Cause Johnny....man....! Yipes.)

Lani is wearing the green version of Kristen's Beyond Salem Two-Face sweater dress.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I used to enjoy Stacy as Susan but it feels like she defaults to Susan as a total moron territory now, whereas I thought she made her feel like more of a real person when she first started playing her.  

Yup! She's all shaking hands and stuttering sentences now and it's way off-base. Susan was actually quite clever back in the day. She's a total froot loop now and the "psychic powers" aren't helping.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sidney said:

She's coming across as another version of Hattie Williams.

Yup! Deidre just has two modes now....normal Marlena and "off" Marlena.

Someone here said she must never have been good and that's why she never got an Emmy but honestly she used to be quite good. I think there's a certain lack of interest now possibly....or frustration with the shallow writing.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm giving up on today's episode. So boring.

At least yesterday had a cute kitty and Chanel channeling Celeste.

Really boring.  Thought the hour would never end.   

That ending with Philip, though.   Eeek.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2