Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

How can you hate Gwen but love Xander? Xander has done much worse things than Gwen, and he didn’t pay.

I like Xander's relationship with Maggie and Jack (sans the retcon). They humanize him. We like who we like.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I like Xander's relationship with Maggie and Jack (sans the retcon). They humanize him. We like who we like.

Paul Telfer is also a good actor with charisma.  Gwen is a bore; I'll never understand why the writers felt the need to give Jack a long lost daughter.  No need.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Paul Telfer is also a good actor with charisma.  Gwen is a bore; I'll never understand why the writers felt the need to give Jack a long lost daughter.  No need.

Yeah, Paul Telfer being so damned charming certainly makes a difference (to me!).

• Love 10
Just now, FnkyChkn34 said:

Paul Telfer is also a good actor with charisma.  

Then I wish people would simply say that, because it’s the truth. It’s better than trying to justify Xander being a better character than Gwen who “deserves better than her”. Because Xander is worse than Gwen .

• Love 6

Why would Kristin want to get out of town without taking Rachel with her, or seeing Rachel for one more time?

Why didn't Sami get out of that room and leave the thug locked in there?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedElf said:

Why would Kristin want to get out of town without taking Rachel with her, or seeing Rachel for one more time?

Why didn't Sami get out of that room and leave the thug locked in there?

Rachel has no chance, what with Brickhead Brady for a father and a psycho for a mother. She'd've been better off staying with Sarah.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Then I wish people would simply say that, because it’s the truth. It’s better than trying to justify Xander being a better character than Gwen who “deserves better than her”. Because Xander is worse than Gwen .

Maybe the character is, although I am not sure. But, BECAUSE of Paul Telfor's charisma, it is easier to forgive him and like him, where Gwen (the character and the actress) doesn't have that likability. I don't like anything about her character and I don't think she deserves to be with Xander - especially if she withholds the truth. We already have that with Nicole. We don't need another selfish character.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, buffynut said:

I really like them together too.  Whether the characters are supposed to have it or not, I don't know, but the actors are oozing chemistry.  

The above was re: Nicole and EJ, and I just have to say ITA!!!

Also, I posted before that their fromance (sort of half friendship/half romance they have going on) is so honest and mature - - - how refreshing. Currently, there are no secrets one has over the other. Both characters are completely caught up in what's happening/recently happened with the other (Nicole sleeping with Rafe, Nicole "helping" Steve access EJ's phone) so there won't be any "oh nooooo, what if Person X finds out about Y"!  

Just contrast this with the Gwender or Rava couplings. 

So it looks like Sami will return to Salem fairly soon. When Sami returns, will this be the first time there's a true battle between Sami and Nicole for the same guy?   [I'm assuming DOOL will have Nicole develop true feelings for EJ, and ditch her angsty Rafe feelings] 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe the character is, although I am not sure. But, BECAUSE of Paul Telfor's charisma, it is easier to forgive him and like him, where Gwen (the character and the actress) doesn't have that likability. 

That’s what I thought. It’s the actor’s charisma that makes people forgive him for much more, even though Xander is a worse character than Gwen. I just object to people acting like Gwen isn’t good enough for a character based on her ACTIONS. If anything, Xander isn’t good enough for her. Just admit that your don’t find EOB charming enough to forgive Gwen. Not that Xander is too good for her. 

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

And she currently lives with the devil.   

Still a better influence on an impressionable young mind than her breathy psychopath of a science fiction mommy or her smug, Clove-studded, over baked ham of a dad.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Rachel has no chance, what with Brickhead Brady for a father and a psycho for a mother. She'd've been better off staying with Sarah.

If the show wanted to write out Sarah they should've had her take Rachel away with her. It would solve a lot of problems one less kid to write for and she doesn't add anything to Brady or Kristen tbh. Plus it would be rather karmic for Kristen to experience having a child ripped away from her and she can't bring her back...  I mean on paper it should be full of drama and yet.. they neutered the drama out of the entire thing I mean its amazing really. They could've had Melinda help Sarah pull it off with legal papers etc to pay Kristen back for Haley's death.

There's so much they could've done with this and they choose the least dramatic option every time.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

The above was re: Nicole and EJ, and I just have to say ITA!!!

Also, I posted before that their fromance (sort of half friendship/half romance they have going on) is so honest and mature - - - how refreshing. Currently, there are no secrets one has over the other. Both characters are completely caught up in what's happening/recently happened with the other (Nicole sleeping with Rafe, Nicole "helping" Steve access EJ's phone) so there won't be any "oh nooooo, what if Person X finds out about Y"!  

Just contrast this with the Gwender or Rava couplings. 

So it looks like Sami will return to Salem fairly soon. When Sami returns, will this be the first time there's a true battle between Sami and Nicole for the same guy?   [I'm assuming DOOL will have Nicole develop true feelings for EJ, and ditch her angsty Rafe feelings] 

Sami/Nicole battled over EJ before but I think this time Nicole might have the edge here as AZ/DF seem to be sticking around and AS is recurring.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

No, this is nothing but re-run Ron rehashing crap from 2008-9ish. It's why I'm soooo over it. After that triangle/storyline, EJ and Nicole were over each other. (In fact, EJ even had sex with Nicole's sister, ironically played by the actress who is Ava.) Real EJ never forgave Nicole for faking a pregnancy to hold onto him. Sami never forgave Nicole for switching and kidnapping her daughter, but the show at least hasn't forgotten or dropped their distaste for each other. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe the character is, although I am not sure. But, BECAUSE of Paul Telfor's charisma, it is easier to forgive him and like him, where Gwen (the character and the actress) doesn't have that likability. I don't like anything about her character and I don't think she deserves to be with Xander - especially if she withholds the truth. We already have that with Nicole. We don't need another selfish character.

Xander may have more surface charm, but I think the actress who plays Gwen is a far better actor. And, I get the whole charisma argument, but it feels a little odd to me to talk about the show not needing another selfish character, as if Xander isn't phenomenally selfish as well. I pretty much dislike Gwen and Xander equally (the main reason I like the pairing is because I loathed Xander/Sarah, and prefer sequestering these characters together) but if Xander dares to get on any high horse over what Gwen's done, I'm going to want to jump through the screen and strangle him. Xander has done far worse than this. Of anyone in town, he knows what Gwen is capable of, so he shouldn't be surprised by this. Plus, if Xander were in Gwen's same position he would do the exact same thing. He knows that Gwen scrambled Abigail's brain and acted like Abigail was horrible for not wanting to forgive her. He smugly judged Jack for not being willing to forgive her, either. So, everyone else is an asshole if they can't find it in their heart to forgive her, but if she hurts him, then it's unforgivable.

53 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

No, this is nothing but re-run Ron rehashing crap from 2008-9ish. It's why I'm soooo over it. After that triangle/storyline, EJ and Nicole were over each other. (In fact, EJ even had sex with Nicole's sister, ironically played by the actress who is Ava.) Real EJ never forgave Nicole for faking a pregnancy to hold onto him. Sami never forgave Nicole for switching and kidnapping her daughter, but the show at least hasn't forgotten or dropped their distaste for each other.

Like Xander, it's not like EJ really has any room to be so judge-y. Lots of characters supposedly get over each other and then fall back in love. If EJ can forgive Sami for shooting him in the head, I'm not sure why he could never forgive Nicole for faking a pregnancy.

• Love 10

I loved how when the guard started to wake up, Sami was just like "yeah hold on a second", and went and wacked him over the head again with the tray, lol. I also am glad we didn't get the tired trope of someone turning their back on the bad guy to make a call only to be grabbed from behind because they didn't see him wake up. That was refreshing.

I probably haven't been paying close enough attention, but was today the first time we've seen an actual baby portraying one of the twins instead of a blanket or a stroller? I was so happy to hear real baby noises instead of that awful snuffing sound!

22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

This story should have been the Halloween episode and at the end of it we realize that Johnny was imagining how it would have been like if his grandmother got possessed again.  A stupid story like this should not be an umbrella story that lasts for months..

I'm kinda enjoying it, but this would have been a really good idea.

Also, Carson Boatman aka Johnny randomly viewed my Instagram story today. Weird. I wish I'd posted something DAYS-related instead of my freakout over the Home Alone house being put on AirBnB for the holidays, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, boes said:

Still a better influence on an impressionable young mind than her breathy psychopath of a science fiction mommy or her smug, Clove-studded, over baked ham of a dad.

I don't really have a problem with Brady... he's just dumb.  When it comes to Rachel, he seems to mean well.  He just never should have been with Kristen in the first place. 

• Love 8

Why was Gwen needed for this breakout anyway? She did nothing. Ava did all the talking. Convulated as hell writing to get her to know about Sarah and keep it from Xander. I did like her reciting her resume though. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't really have a problem with Brady... he's just dumb.  When it comes to Rachel, he seems to mean well.  He just never should have been with Kristen in the first place. 

Brady's always bugged me, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.  I'm not Chloe's biggest fan, nor am I Philip's, but the way he's been coming on to Chloe  - with her connivance half the time - and disrespecting Philip has been really bad IMO.  Whether he likes Philip or not shouldn't be the deciding factor in not behaving like a jerk.  

• Love 12

Was the Backstreet Boy guy one of the guards? Thought he was supposed to help Kristen escape.

Why was Gwen needed for the breakout and Kristen disappearing? So Ava has something over her?

At least Susan Banks told Xander that she was replacing Kristen in prison at the time that 'she' called him to warn him about Rex and Sarah. Xandy, Kristen isn't going to tell you anything.

I liked that Sami re-clonked the guard over the head with the tray to keep him occupied. Most people would make the mistake of one clonk and you're done. Hopefully the map function will let Lucas and Allie know about her location. They should still call the Salem PD for backup. If the phone didn't die, EJ would probably have tried to find Sami. At least half the town knows that Doc is repossessed.

Carver has grown from being an oversized blanket. Family isn't always biologically connected. Too bad that Tamara couldn't make a visit to Salem to talk to everyone involved. If Theo and Abe still want to be connected to Lani and Eli and the kids, they can manage to do so.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It definitely doesn't seem like Lucas was behind Sami's kidnapping, which I'm happy about.

He could have playing along during all of those scenes with Allie, and run out of The Pub being totally relieved that he was there when Allie got the call from Sami.  While I'm not sure I think Lucas is smart enough to pull off kidnapping Sami all on his own, I do think he's smart enough to play it off in front of Allie if he did it.  

That was all These Writers could come up with for Ava and Gwen keeping Kristin out of prison?  Those scenes with the Statesville Couriers were so bad that all I could wonder is if today's script writer dislikes Ron so much that they wanted to make it as stupid as possible.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I loved the Lucas and Sami scenes. BD and AS are so natural together. They just bounce so well off each other. I loved that Lucas talked Sami into sending him her location and then was off to find her, leaving Allie at the pub.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I loved how when the guard started to wake up, Sami was just like "yeah hold on a second", and went and wacked him over the head again with the tray, lol. I also am glad we didn't get the tired trope of someone turning their back on the bad guy to make a call only to be grabbed from behind because they didn't see him wake up. That was refreshing.

And it didn't seem like they had much of that other famous soap trope where someone says "I have to tell you something" and then blathers on and on and eventually gets cut off before relaying the critical information.  Sami got to the point quickly and paid attention to the guard.  And I loved how Lucas helped with the problem solving about finding her location.  Even though Sami was obviously upset, they both kept reasonably level heads and worked on finding a solution.  Those two really do work well together.

2 hours ago, boes said:

Brady's always bugged me, sometimes a little and sometimes a lot.  I'm not Chloe's biggest fan, nor am I Philip's, but the way he's been coming on to Chloe  - with her connivance half the time - and disrespecting Philip has been really bad IMO.  Whether he likes Philip or not shouldn't be the deciding factor in not behaving like a jerk.  

He really started to bother me when Theresa came on the scene.  He is so much bigger than her and really seemed to hulk over her in an intimidating manner.  He also really got in her face (I mean physically close) when he was mad or threatening her.  It always seemed just this side of threatening.  For some reason, I vividly remember a scene where he was in her face, nastily telling her that he was on the board of the hospital and she needed to do what he told her to.  And this was all because Theresa objected to making Melanie a new ID badge because Melanie had decided that the picture on her current one wasn't cute enough.  He really seemed to have a LOT of anger issues.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I probably haven't been paying close enough attention, but was today the first time we've seen an actual baby portraying one of the twins instead of a blanket or a stroller? I was so happy to hear real baby noises instead of that awful snuffing sound!

I'm kinda enjoying it, but this would have been a really good idea.

Also, Carson Boatman aka Johnny randomly viewed my Instagram story today. Weird. I wish I'd posted something DAYS-related instead of my freakout over the Home Alone house being put on AirBnB for the holidays, lol.

Chad???

42 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

He really seemed to have a LOT of anger issues.

You just described Philip. He has been hulking out over a tree, hitting Brady, etc. It’s how he was in high school, too, so it’s not new and invented behavior for him.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

And it didn't seem like they had much of that other famous soap trope where someone says "I have to tell you something" and then blathers on and on and eventually gets cut off before relaying the critical information.  Sami got to the point quickly and paid attention to the guard.  And I loved how Lucas helped with the problem solving about finding her location.  Even though Sami was obviously upset, they both kept reasonably level heads and worked on finding a solution.  Those two really do work well together.

He really started to bother me when Theresa came on the scene.  He is so much bigger than her and really seemed to hulk over her in an intimidating manner.  He also really got in her face (I mean physically close) when he was mad or threatening her.  It always seemed just this side of threatening.  For some reason, I vividly remember a scene where he was in her face, nastily telling her that he was on the board of the hospital and she needed to do what he told her to.  And this was all because Theresa objected to making Melanie a new ID badge because Melanie had decided that the picture on her current one wasn't cute enough.  He really seemed to have a LOT of anger issues.

I think Brady is dumb, hence Brickhead Brady. But I just could NEVER feel sorry for Theresa since she actively tried to kill Brady's own father. So, it isn't like she was some mere little lamb. Theresa was watered down by the time she left, but she was a piece of work in her own right.

And it never jived for me considering just who her family/parents was/were.

39 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

You just described Philip. He has been hulking out over a tree, hitting Brady, etc. It’s how he was in high school, too, so it’s not new and invented behavior for him.

Well, at least it runs in the family what with Phillip being Brady's uncle. LOL!

And, yeah, I'm really not feeling ol' Phillip this go-'round, either.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

He did raise his hand on Eve in an aggressive manner over a difference of opinion.  So he definitely has anger issues and the show could have explored that in a storyline for Brady.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, boes said:

Chloe isn't married to Phillip. If another guy wants to show he's interested and compete for her, what's the problem? Love triangles are the backbone of soap operas; I can't agree to hold that against any character. (They are worse when any of the people in the triangle are married, but they're still so common... we'd have to hate every character in the show for that reason alone.)

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Chloe isn't married to Phillip. If another guy wants to show he's interested and compete for her, what's the problem? Live triangles are the backbone of soap operas; I can't agree to hold that against any character. (They are worse when any of the people in the triangle are married, but they're still so common... we'd have to hate every character in the show for that reason alone.)

I'm pretty much there already.  

Compete, sure.  But Brady wasn't bordering on, he actually was crossing the line with Chloe every time she told him to back off and he came back even stronger and more slimey.  IMO it doesn't matter if she didn't "mean" it, she said it, more than once.  And Brady just ignored it.  IMO it doesn't matter what his issues are with Philip - it was Chloe who told him to back off and he'd agree and then go right back and do it again.

Not cool.  Or remotely adult.

But then again maybe I'm expecting too much from a Salted Pork Product.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Guh. Philip looked so good today. Why are they making him go psycho? I mean, we've all had fantasies about smacking Brady with a tire iron, but over Chloe? She's so not worth it! Just let Philip be happy, show!!

Lol at Ciara side-eyeing the MarDevil/Ben hug.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Did Lucas pay his tab at the pub before he ran out?

He left his daughter with the bill lol.

1 hour ago, auchic said:

Guh. Philip looked so good today. Why are they making him go psycho? I mean, we've all had fantasies about smacking Brady with a tire iron, but over Chloe? She's so not worth it! Just let Philip be happy, show!!

He really did look so good. And I too wish they'd just let him be happy. Ugh, they had such a nice, easy thing with Phillip and Gabi, I don't understand why they threw it away to put her with dull ass Jake and to make Phillip into a psycho, albeit one I basically agree with lol.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, RedElf said:

Did Lucas pay his tab at the pub before he ran out?

No, and he stole Allie's phone too. 

3 hours ago, auchic said:

Guh. Philip looked so good today.

But his hair...? They finally got him a haircut, but I don't think it's a significant improvement. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I like the way people just accept that Marlene is possessed. 
    Paulina ears sure perked up when John was telling her how Lexie had her own demons.  
Abe was so kind and patient with Lani. 
   Phillip has lost his mind. To bad he can’t use the excuse he was possessed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Phillip has lost his mind. To bad he can’t use the excuse he was possessed.  

Philip is psychotic and it’s not out of character either. He’s always been this way when he lets his jealousy get out of control. I have to say that Jay is doing a good job making Philip unlikeable and crazy.

• Love 3

tbh both Brady and Phillip are toxic for different reasons. Brady is worse because we've seen it on screen for over a decade and now he's stuck with Kristen. Despite that I feel he's an inherently decent person when he's with Maggie, Belle, Marlena etc. 

I think Phillip would've had a similar fate on this show had he stuck around on screen all these years. That being said I prefer Phillip in general and EM is the only reason I remotely like Brady. I didn't care for him until then.  However Phillip we've rarely seen him have those type of moments with anyone. I was hoping with Claire but they shuttled her off..

That being said if they weren't going to give Phillip/Chloe a shot they should've either paired him with Gabi or brought back Stephanie for him as I enjoyed them together.

Plus it would've given Steve/Kayla something to do.

Speaking of Brady I was surprised they had him call Tate. Although I did find it funny Tate plays soccer but not baseball... 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
On 12/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Sami/Nicole battled over EJ before but I think this time Nicole might have the edge here as AZ/DF seem to be sticking around and AS is recurring.

When I first started watching Days, Nicole was with EJ (James Scott version) and she was managing his campaign for mayor.  Now my memory is shit, but I think their relationship broke up because he cheated on Nicole with Sami.  And, Nicole was pregnant at the time with EJ's baby.  She hatched a plan with Dr. Tan to keep the baby from EJ because he was being a total jerk.  She ultimately lost that baby on the staircase trying to get away - yet again- from harpy Jennifer.

Isn't that right?  That was my recollection anyway, so when EJ was yammering on to Nicole about Sami breaking her vows, I thought, wow, EJ still doesn't have much self awareness, does he?  Again, I may be misremembering and/or conflating events . . .

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip is psychotic and it’s not out of character either. He’s always been this way when he lets his jealousy get out of control. I have to say that Jay is doing a good job making Philip unlikeable and crazy.

I like him.  At least more than Chloe with her selective memory and Brady who wouldn't know a boundary if it bit him in his ample ass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, boes said:

I like him.  At least more than Chloe with her selective memory and Brady who wouldn't know a boundary if it bit him in his ample ass.

I can’t defend him hitting Brady over the head with a crowbar. He belongs in jail for assault. 

• Love 3

So Philip actually has a TV in his bedroom. He has nothing on Chloe and her actions have been pretty normal and decent. Only his own jealous nature.

Victor is his usual charming self. He cannot control who the Kiriakis men choose as partners. Surely Chloe can attract someone better than either Brady or Philip.

Mardevil is going to slip up. Ciara, who has part of the Salem Brain, is already suspicious that John is not the abuser Marlena points him out to be. Yeah, call up Shawn or Belle to let them know where Doc is. Who is at the door?

I liked Abe's talk with Lani. Being a dad isn't just about biology.  You can choose to have a parent that isn't your bio parent. I also liked Paulina telling John that she had it out with Mardevil.

This whole possession thing is coming across as someone hanging the laundry outside.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3