Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He and Ava both have reasons to keep Nicole and Rafe apart.

Well dang, there goes what I posted before about nuEJ and Nicole having a mature, honest fromance, with no secrets between them.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Nicole: “I can’t get Rafe out of my head so let’s go upstairs to the bedroom.” WTF? Did Rolf forget to put nuEJ’s brain back when he reassembled him cause on what life-form planet is that a turn-on? And then their idea of “pillow talk” was discussing whether they thought about other people during!!! WTF again.  Pretty much confirmed my assertions that Nicole is only bidding time with EJ when she really wants Rafe, and nuEJ is only using Nicole to get back at Samantha and assuage his wounded overinflated ego.  Get these people off my screen!

22 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I haven't seen today's show yet, but dangggit  - it does read like nuEJ and Nicole aren't really into each other but are circling each other for other reasons. I really wanted a nuEJ/Nicole relationship to be mature (no secrets, and relatively drama-free).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Well dang, there goes what I posted before about nuEJ and Nicole having a mature, honest fromance, with no secrets between them.

I haven't seen today's show yet, but dangggit  - it does read like nuEJ and Nicole aren't really into each other but are circling each other for other reasons. I really wanted a nuEJ/Nicole relationship to be mature (no secrets, and relatively drama-free).

Well it's certainly honest and secret free.  If Sami hadn't walked in when she did, who knows what else they'd have disclosed to each other.  Probably something like...

"That was just lovely, Nicole. I didn't think of Samantha once. Well okay, maybe once when I touched your breast I thought Samantha's are larger, but it was only a passing thought. I promise once I had a good grope, hers all but slipped my mind.  However, when you made that little noise, it did remind me of one time with Kate...or was that Abigail who made that sound?"

"Same here, EJ. When I was running my fingers through your hair, it reminded me of cuddling Duke at night, but I didn't think of Rafe at all....ah well except when you took off your pants. His is bigger. And Zander's has more girth. But don't worry, you're larger than Eric."

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Everyone let just rescued Sami walk out the door by herself and no one was concerned someone might grab and kidnap her again?

Nicole: “I can’t get Rafe out of my head so let’s go upstairs to the bedroom.” WTF? Did Rolf forget to put nuEJ’s brain back when he reassembled him cause on what life-form planet is that a turn-on? And then their idea of “pillow talk” was discussing whether they thought about other people during!!! WTF again.  Pretty much confirmed my assertions that Nicole is only bidding time with EJ when she really wants Rafe, and nuEJ is only using Nicole to get back at Samantha and assuage his wounded overinflated ego.  Get these people off my screen!

When it comes to Sami, there's really no "let" involved. Sami's going to do what she's going to do. If Sami wasn't overly concerned about her well being, why should anyone else? Plus, they did try to stop her from leaving and get her to go to the hospital - and yesterday Lucas said she should go to the cops - but she waved everyone off.

I, actually, thought it was refreshing how open they were with each other. When Nicole pictured Rafe, I thought she'd keep it from EJ, and was glad when she told him. EJ isn't a normal person anyway, but lots of guys also wouldn't have cared. He's not in love with Nicole, so why should he care if she's "using" him like she said. Sex is sex. He got his whistle wet. 

It's obvious they're both into others, but so what. It's not like that has ever stopped characters from falling in love eventually.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

When it comes to Sami, there's really no "let" involved. Sami's going to do what she's going to do. If Sami wasn't overly concerned about her well being, why should anyone else? Plus, they did try to stop her from leaving and get her to go to the hospital - and yesterday Lucas said she should go to the cops - but she waved everyone off.

Any one of them could have followed her to make sure she was safe wherever she went.  Provided Lucas isn't behind it (and thus would then know she's safe), I would think he'd want to make sure she didn't get snatched up by her unknown assailants and thus he wouldn't have to rescue the mother of his kids again. 

24 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I, actually, thought it was refreshing how open they were with each other. When Nicole pictured Rafe, I thought she'd keep it from EJ, and was glad when she told him. EJ isn't a normal person anyway, but lots of guys also wouldn't have cared. He's not in love with Nicole, so why should he care if she's "using" him like she said. Sex is sex. He got his whistle wet. 

It's obvious they're both into others, but so what. It's not like that has ever stopped characters from falling in love eventually.

It might be forthcoming, but it's beyond TMI. And it takes "don't talk about your exes on a date" etiquette to a whole new level. 

Also I don't think that EJ is really okay with it because he's fine with just being "friends with benefits" or just because he got laid.  He's temporarily okay with it because by getting his dick wet with someone else, someone Sami hates, he screwed her over, and because Nicole, in the moment, chose him over Rafe. That helps soothe his bloated but wounded ego for the time being.  If he was really cool with an open relationship, he wouldn't have had the conversation he had w/Ava an hour before. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Any one of them could have followed her to make sure she was safe wherever she went.  Provided Lucas isn't behind it (and thus would then know she's safe), I would think he'd want to make sure she didn't get snatched up by her unknown assailants and thus he wouldn't have to rescue the mother of his kids again. 

It might be forthcoming, but it's still cringey as all hell.  It's beyond TMI. And it takes "don't talk about your exes on a date" etiquette to a whole new level. 

Also I don't think that EJ is really okay with it because he's fine with just being "friends with benefits" or just because he got his dick wet.  He's temporarily okay with it because by getting his dick wet with someone else, someone Sami hates, he screwed her over, and because Nicole, in the moment, chose him over Rafe. That helps soothe his bloated but wounded ego for the time being.  If he was really cool with an open relationship, he wouldn't have had the conversation he had w/Ava an hour before. 

Again, if Sami's not that concerned with her well-being after being kidnapped, I don't know why it's on anyone else to be her protector.

I just don't find it cringey. It's much better to be upfront about these things. I find it refreshing compared to all the unnecessary secrets and lies characters tell each other. EJ just walked in on Rafe and Nicole about to kiss, and she's been upfront about her feelings for Rafe. She didn't go into graphic detail or anything. She just let him know "Hey, I want to get my mind off this other guy. You cool with that?" Especially given these two and their history, it's good they're being honest. 

I think it's multiple reasons. I think EJ is fine with having sex knowing Nicole isn't into him because it's just sex to him. And, despite his protestations, he knows he's in the same position Nicole is in trying to move on from someone else. Also, yeah, I think he gets a kick out of sticking it to Rafe and Sami, so to speak. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Again, if Sami's not that concerned with her well-being after being kidnapped, I don't know why it's on anyone else to be her protector.

It's not on them like an obligation, but most people would be concerned about their mother or the woman they just rescued enough to say, "hey, one of us should probably go with her in case her captor tries to take her again."  Maybe it will strike them in tomorrow's episode, but where it left off today they just all seemed like the ordeal/threat was over, which it isn't since the culprit and the reason for the abduction is still unknown. 

6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

"Hey, I want to get my mind off this other guy. You cool with that?" Especially given these two and their history, it's good they're being honest. 

I think it's multiple reasons. I think EJ is fine with having sex knowing Nicole isn't into him because it's just sex to him. And, despite his protestations, he knows he's in the same position Nicole is in trying to move on from someone else. Also, yeah, I think he gets a kick out of sticking it to Rafe and Sami, so to speak. 

There's a big space between "Hey I just want to get over this guy. Let's go out for pizza and talk about something else," and "Hey I'm horny for Rafe. Take me to bed so I can scratch an itch," and Nicole was definitely saying the latter.  And EJ has way too many "issues" right now for it to be just sex--not with a woman his wife hates, a woman who also cheated on her husband like he's mad at his wife about, a woman he has a dicey past with, etc. etc. etc.  If EJ just wanted sex, he could just swipe right on Tinder.  EJ might say he wants to move on, but that's the last thing he's doing. Too bad the only psychiatrist in town is possessed by the devil.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

There's a big space between "Hey I just want to get over this guy. Let's go out for pizza and talk about something else," and "Hey I'm horny for Rafe. Take me to bed so I can scratch an itch," and Nicole was definitely saying the latter.  And EJ has way too many "issues" right now for it to be just sex--not with a woman his wife hates, a woman who also cheated on her husband like he's mad at his wife about, a woman he has a dicey past with, etc. etc. etc.  If EJ just wanted sex, he could just swipe right on Tinder.  EJ might say he wants to move on, but that's the last thing he's doing. Too bad the only psychiatrist in town is possessed by the devil.

I know that's what Nicole's saying and I don't think there's anything wrong with that - with being upfront with the man you're going to sleep with. They've actually done the former - just talking and eating together. Now, she's moving on to a more enjoyable way to try and get over Rafe. They're both adults, and by being honest with each other, they were acting like adults - which is refreshing considering their individual history and their history together.

EJ definitely has a ton of issues, but it is basically just sex since they're both aware of their feelings for others (well EJ is mostly in denial but Nicole isn't) and are not looking to make a commitment. Like I said, I think it's a combination of things. He gets to have some enjoyable sex while also checking other things off his list. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know that's what Nicole's saying and I don't think there's anything wrong with that - with being upfront with the man you're going to sleep with. They've actually done the former - just talking and eating together. Now, she's moving on to a more enjoyable way to try and get over Rafe. They're both adults, and by being honest with each other, they were acting like adults - which is refreshing considering their individual history and their history together.

EJ definitely has a ton of issues, but it is basically just sex since they're both aware of their feelings for others (well EJ is mostly in denial but Nicole isn't) and are not looking to make a commitment. Like I said, I think it's a combination of things. He gets to have some enjoyable sex while also checking other things off his list. 

While I agree that Nicole has seemed more in touch with the real issues at hand than EJ in the last few days/weeks (it's hard to tell time in Salem), at the point today where she was envisioning (hallucinating?) Rafe's face where EJ stood, I'd say she took a wrong turn handling it by having sex with EJ.  Feel good or not, sex wasn't the answer, with or without all the oversharing. In fact, sex (w/Zander) is what started her problems. Then sex with Rafe just confused her all the more.  Being upfront with EJ ("hey I'm probably going to think about Rafe") or not isn't going to help her.  Lord help Duke if she looks at him and sees Rafe's face next. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Dan has more chemistry with AZ than Ali. There. I said it!

I don't think that's controversial.  At all.  He had zero chem with her.  And it sounds like he has chem with Tamara as well (which intrigues me).

So of course the show will probably stick with Sami/EJ.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

While I agree that Nicole has seemed more in touch with the real issues at hand than EJ in the last few days/weeks (it's hard to tell time in Salem), at the point today where she was envisioning (hallucinating?) Rafe's face where EJ stood, I'd say she took a wrong turn handling it by having sex with EJ.  Feel good or not, sex wasn't the answer, with or without all the oversharing. In fact, sex (w/Zander) is what started her problems. Then sex with Rafe just confused her all the more.  Being upfront with EJ ("hey I'm probably going to think about Rafe") or not isn't going to help her.  Lord help Duke if she looks at him and sees Rafe's face next. 

Sex itself isn't Nicole's problem. The sex with Xander was an issue because she loathes him and because she cheated on her husband. The sex with Rafe didn't help because then she felt guilty because of Ava. She doesn't really have those issues with EJ. If sex with EJ doesn't get him off her mind, then it didn't work and oh well, they can keep trying or she can find another way to move on. Though, of course now with Sami back, it adds another complication, but apart from that, it was a nice distraction. EJ and Nicole seemed to have been satisfied by the sex.

Hey, if Nicole had sex with Duke it would be the best use of that stupid bear this show ever had.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Though, of course now with Sami back, it adds another complication, but apart from that, it was a nice distraction. EJ and Nicole seemed to have been satisfied by the sex.

EJ seemed satisfied when he had sex with Abigail too in the post-coital moments, but that didn't work out so well for EJ either. Or Abs for that matter.  Don't imagine Nicole is going to fare any better.  Plus, on top of Sami, she's likely to have Ava out to get her once she finds out about Halloween. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I assume the texts were from Bradys phone, Phillip would have sent them himself while Brady was knocked out 

Of course they are. Unfortunately, EVERYONE is so dang useless. It’ll take months to figure out

• Love 3

Sami didn't think of going to the Salem PD station or the local one in her area to report her kidnapping? Not go to Allie's, talk to Allie and Tripp, a doctor in training, and then decide to go to the mansion?

How convenient that Philip has taken several paternity tests and that his DNA is at the hospital already.

So the texts did come from Brady's phone. Someone went through a lot of time and effort to do the set-up of whatever that frames Brady for something. Every 'i' dotted, every 't' crossed. But there has to be a flaw.

There isn't any food at Rafe's house except ice cream? Nice of Ava to play with that big knife.

Nicole, Rafe is not your answer. EJ probably isn't, but at least you two know exactly where you are with each other. No games, no secrets, no anything. One of the healthiest relationships in Salem, sort of. And no, please don't imagine Rafe's head on that poor stuffed animal. Maybe the show can bring in a new man - new doctor, new lawyer, new COO of DiMera or Titan, someone different.

Who let Sami in the house? Harold?

• Love 6

Nicole and EJ are hot, and she's crazy if sex with EJ doesn't make her say Rafe who?  I sincerely hope these two end up together as an actual couple.  I like Nicole so much better with EJ than with anyone else, and the same goes for him as well.

EM is doing a fantastic job of Brady trying to figure out what the hell happened.  This is probably the most I've ever liked Brady.  Him trying to knock down Chloe's fears with sense and logic was refreshing, as Brady usually just yells and belittles women who question that he might not be the greatest guy to ever walk the earth.

Move on, Sami. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Who let Sami in the house? Harold?

No one in Salem EVER locks their doors so people are just barging in all the time.  Just like John and Marlena's luxurious penthouse doesn't have any sort of concierge or even a security door in the lobby.

Edited by DaphneCat
Grammar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

So of course the show will probably stick with Sami/EJ.

Ugh, I know. I want EJ/Nicole to go from using each other to loving each other, dammit! Alternatively, I will take Ava and EJ hooking up. Just say no to EJ/Sami, Ron!

7 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

EM is doing a fantastic job of Brady trying to figure out what the hell happened.  This is probably the most I've ever liked Brady.  Him trying to knock down Chloe's fears with sense and logic was refreshing, as Brady usually just yells and belittles women who question that he might not be the greatest guy to ever walk the earth.

This. NB is much better than she usually is lately, too. 

7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

No one in Salem EVER locks their doors so people are just barging in all the time.  Just like John and Marlena's luxurious penthouse doesn't have any sort of concierge or even a security door in the lobby.

Yea, it's just something you have to handwave to be able to enjoy soaps or really most TV shows/movies.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So the texts did come from Brady's phone. Someone went through a lot of time and effort to do the set-up of whatever that frames Brady for something. Every 'i' dotted, every 't' crossed. But there has to be a flaw.

I'm sure nobody will ever think of checking Brady's phone for Philip's fingerprints.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Boy Chloe is super concerned for Phillip, isn't she. /sarcasm

Was that a bit of a smirk on Kate's face after Victor told her Phillip's missing? And how nice of the show to finally remember Plot!Point! that Phillip has a prosthetic leg.

Hurricane Sami is back and slap-happy. I love Sami and AS, but girl, move on.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Boy Chloe is super concerned for Phillip, isn't she. /sarcasm

Was that a bit of a smirk on Kate's face after Victor told her Phillip's missing? And how nice of the show to finally remember Plot!Point! that Phillip has a prosthetic leg.

Hurricane Sami is back and slap-happy. I love Sami and AS, but girl, move on.

Yes, except a while ago they showed flashbacks from before, completely forgetting Plot!Point! Philip had a face transplant.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

I'm sure nobody will ever think of checking Brady's phone for Philip's fingerprints.

Nope. SPD is the do rest of the fine! Of course it will be super duper smart crazy Brady. Ready who will INSIST! What an asshole show to make Brady the smartest of them all! When he’s been making the worst decisions 

Just now, Chellfairy said:

Nope. SPD is the fiestrest of the fine! Of course it will be super duper smart crazy Brady.l who will INSIST! What an asshole show to make Brady the smartest of them all! When he’s been making the worst decisions in his own life.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, except a while ago they showed flashbacks from before, completely forgetting Plot!Point! Philip had a face transplant.

They did the same thing with Kristin a while back.

• Love 2

I'm so over watching 50 year old Nicole sleep her way through Salem. Been there. Done that. Multiple times. The musical beds comment was a perfect description of her behavior, she's on her fourth man in the span of 7 months. At this point she really needs to sit her skanky ass down and be single for a few years. Maybe focus her energy on that daughter she desperately wanted but never actually spends time with.

• Love 5

I lock my car and close my garage door if I mow my back lawn! I always keep the doors locked during the day. Too many people around looking for an easy break-in.

Rafe has one box of Christmas decorations from his mother? And in a banker style box? No photocopy paper boxes like the rest of us? Or just me.

I wonder if the actresses playing Nicole and Sami actually enjoy pretending to slap each other and catfighting.  Sami would be shocked and angry to find her husband with another woman, and especially the one that she hates the most. Nicole had the right to slap back, and well, the catfight? EJ was filing for divorce. Sami has zero evidence that Nicole 'kidnapped' her.

Brady seems more coherent now. Guess the booze left his system. There aren't any tests to see how long the alcohol was in the system. If it was poured down him, it would metabolize differently. No idea whose side Chloe is on and she should not have been in the room when Belle was talking to Brady.

I don't know if Kate smirked when she heard about Philip. It just seems to be an awful lot of trouble to go and set someone up like this because of jealousy. There are easier ways. Felt sorry for Vic and Kate to get the bad news or supposed bad news. Philip probably could afford a couple of prosthetic legs.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pearl said:

I'm so over watching 50 year old Nicole sleep her way through Salem. Been there. Done that. Multiple times. The musical beds comment was a perfect description of her behavior, she's on her fourth man in the span of 7 months. At this point she really needs to sit her skanky ass down and be single for a few years. Maybe focus her energy on that daughter she desperately wanted but never actually spends time with.

THIS!!! 100% agree w/you.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2021 at 8:24 PM, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, Rafe is not your answer. EJ probably isn't, but at least you two know exactly where you are with each other. No games, no secrets, no anything. One of the healthiest relationships in Salem, sort of. 

When I posted up thread that there is now dishonesty and secrets between EJ and Nicole, I was referring to EJ knowing that Ava helped Kristen escape prison. 
And EJ won’t tell Nicole because if Nicole in turn tells Rafe, EJ knows that’s probably the end of Rava, giving Nicole a clear path with Rafe. 
(now, whether EJ is truly developing feelings for Nicole and that’s why he wants her as a romantic partner is another story)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Pearl said:

I'm not sure what her age has to do with it. As if being of a certain age means a woman has to close up shop sexually and only raise her children. Nicole is a single woman (relatively since she's in the process of divorce) and if she wants to sleep with the entire lineup of the Los Angeles Lakers, that's her prerogative. She was celibate for ages while her husband was away. The only bed partner I take issue with is Xander because she was still married at the time. She and Eric broke up shortly after that and she's been celibate for months since that happened. Also, the musical beds comment is rich coming from Sami, given EJ and Nicole are only sleeping together because Sami just had to break up her twin brother's marriage and EJ is divorcing her because she slept with Lucas. Maybe Sami isn't the one who should be throwing that stone. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not sure what her age has to do with it. As if being of a certain age means a woman has to close up shop sexually and only raise her children. Nicole is a single woman (relatively since she's in the process of divorce) and if she wants to sleep with the entire lineup of the Los Angeles Lakers, that's her prerogative. She was celibate for ages while her husband was away. The only bed partner I take issue with is Xander because she was still married at the time. She and Eric broke up shortly after that and she's been celibate for months since that happened. Also, the musical beds comment is rich coming from Sami, given EJ and Nicole are only sleeping together because Sami just had to break up her twin brother's marriage and EJ is divorcing her because she slept with Lucas. Maybe Sami isn't the one who should be throwing that stone. 

Most excellent post!

• Love 12

Trask said Philip was Shawn's uncle, and that Brady is Shawn's brother-in-law. Both are true, but Shawn and Brady are also 1st cousins. I always find it interesting how soaps - not just Days but all soaps - pick and choose which familial relationships to acknowledge when characters share multiple familial relationships.  

I used to be a huge EJAMI fan. JS/AS had electrifying chemistry. Even when one was shooting the other in the head or the other was sending a goon to castrate Rafe, there still seemed to be something magnifying about the relationship. I understood they couldn't stay away from each other regardless of how terrible they were to each other. The new EJ and Sami don't have that same chemistry. Adultery in the EJAMI love story is pretty mild considering their history, yet I find it impossible to root for any of these pairings. EJOLE, EJAMI, LUMI. This just is not interesting for me.

I'm concerned Nicole is falling into the same trap that Carrie, Austin, Lucas, and Will fell into. Not having a purpose outside of Sami. I love Nicole, and she's one of my top three on canvas. However, the show waffles between having her meander about aimlessly when Sami isn't around and giving her this fire and purpose when Sami is. The Nicole I saw confronting Sami is not the same Nicole with Rafe, Ava, or Xander - or Eric or Daniel for that matter.   want Nicole to have this same fire and purpose even when Sami isn't around.

I'm shocked the show went into details of Chloe and Brady's marriage. I believe we've only ever gotten one other conversation about their failed marriage. I also believe this is the first time we were told that Chloe felt physically unsafe around Brady when he was drinking. It's odd that these two divorced more than a decade ago, have never been paired romantically since, yet the two still have a strong fanbase. I actually would love if the show explored Broe's failed marriage. I also wouldn't mind if the show introduced a villain from their time in...Sweden? Is that where they went when they were married, Brady was kidnapped, and Victor attempted to frame Chloe for Brady's disappearance? As someone upthread said, I'm also shocked Brady was relatively calm with Chloe. He usually berates the women he loves who disagree with him.

Rafe eats a lot of hamburgers. That's honestly all I got from that scene. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yes, agreed.  And anyway, she's only had sex three or maybe four times in well over year, right?  That's ... not a lot of sex.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Adultery in the EJAMI love story is pretty mild considering their history, yet I find it impossible to root for any of these pairings. EJOLE, EJAMI, LUMI. This just is not interesting for me.

I don't even consider what EJ did adultery, he dumped her and filed for divorce. In his mind it's done. I think he'll end up taking her back bc he'll never really let her go since it's Ejami.

Sami slept with Lucas multiple times while EJ was oblivious and then they were together as married. She was even kissing him when EJ was in Salem still that Marlena walked in on. Sami just doesn't want to lose to Nicole and can never admit she caused all this and cheated on her husband. EJ has a lot of options he has better chem with and they should try him with.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sami just doesn't want to lose to Nicole and can never admit she caused all this and cheated on her husband. 

So, all Lucas has to do is start up with Nicole and Sami will be his for the taking. Well, at least until Nicole goes after someone else Sami may want.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Pearl said:

I would prefer this I mean I don't mind Nicole having a sex life but the character has way more to offer than bedhopping as well. It would be a good story for Holly to have to deal with Nicole's neglect etc. Despite Nicole trying to be a good person her damaged childhood keeps her from being a good mother to Holly.. however that's too character driven for this show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm shocked the show went into details of Chloe and Brady's marriage. I believe we've only ever gotten one other conversation about their failed marriage. I also believe this is the first time we were told that Chloe felt physically unsafe around Brady when he was drinking. It's odd that these two divorced more than a decade ago, have never been paired romantically since, yet the two still have a strong fanbase. I actually would love if the show explored Broe's failed marriage. I also wouldn't mind if the show introduced a villain from their time in...Sweden? Is that where they went when they were married, Brady was kidnapped, and Victor attempted to frame Chloe for Brady's disappearance? As someone upthread said, I'm also shocked Brady was relatively calm with Chloe. He usually berates the women he loves who disagree with him.

Long overdue however Brady was calm(too calm) with Kristen as well(well ED's version at least). Kristen/Chloe seem to be exceptions. I'd say Nicole but he's a better friend than romantic interest with her and I say this as someone that liked Brady/Nicole together.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Trask said Philip was Shawn's uncle, and that Brady is Shawn's brother-in-law. Both are true, but Shawn and Brady are also 1st cousins. I always find it interesting how soaps - not just Days but all soaps - pick and choose which familial relationships to acknowledge when characters share multiple familial relationships.  

I'm shocked the show went into details of Chloe and Brady's marriage. I believe we've only ever gotten one other conversation about their failed marriage. I also believe this is the first time we were told that Chloe felt physically unsafe around Brady when he was drinking. It's odd that these two divorced more than a decade ago, have never been paired romantically since, yet the two still have a strong fanbase. I actually would love if the show explored Broe's failed marriage.

I had to think long and hard how Shawn and Brady were 1st cousins.  This effing show!!!

As for the failed Broe marriage, iirc, when the characters came back to the show (well, Brady first, then Chloe a bit later), they were already re-introduced as legally separated or divorced...?  Did I remember correctly?  Too bad I FF those hospital scenes because I too agree that the show hasn't really ever done an autopsy on how and why their marriage ended, and I recall being a Broe fan at that time.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I had to think long and hard how Shawn and Brady were 1st cousins.  This effing show!!!

As for the failed Broe marriage, iirc, when the characters came back to the show (well, Brady first, then Chloe a bit later), they were already re-introduced as legally separated or divorced...?  Did I remember correctly?  Too bad I FF those hospital scenes because I too agree that the show hasn't really ever done an autopsy on how and why their marriage ended, and I recall being a Broe fan at that time.

They were divorced. However outside his drug addiction during their marriage not much else was referenced. At that point Brady was on his merry go round of musical beds while Chloe had her foray into Daniel/Phillip and being a hooker. They did however maintain a friendship all these years once Brady got a handle on his addiction.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would prefer this I mean I don't mind Nicole having a sex life but the character has way more to offer than bedhopping as well. It would be a good story for Holly to have to deal with Nicole's neglect etc. Despite Nicole trying to be a good person her damaged childhood keeps her from being a good mother to Holly.. however that's too character driven for this show.

Holly’s not necessarily being neglected. She’s just like most soap children who aren’t really seen unless they serve some plot purpose. We rarely see Brady with Rachel. Chad and Abigail mention the kids, but we rarely see them. When Adrianna was in town we rarely saw her with any of her parents. IMO the only case for parental neglect would be between Chloe and Parker. At least with the other characters, you can assume they’re with their kids when they’re offscreen. But, even though she mentions Parker, for some reason she’s letting her parents raise him.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Chloe came back first, and there was a mystery surrounding Brady's disappearance. From memory, Victor believed Chloe harmed Brady. This was supposed to be the root of Victor's animosity toward Chloe. Chloe told Victor that men kidnapped Brady from their home, and she didn't know what happened to him. This was mysterious as Chloe had been on the canvas for months at this point. Philip believed Chloe, but the show did portray Chloe as mysterious. There was a phone call Philip overhead with Chloe speaking to someone in German with suspicious music playing.

This occurred when John was still believed to be dead, dead and not Salem dead. Marlena also believed Chloe harmed Brady, and Marlena had a showdown with Chloe informing Chloe that she (Marlena) was going to make sure Chloe pays for what happened with Brady.

THINK - not screaming but this happened in 2008, so my memories are fuzzy. I think this is when a writer changed happened. Victor was revealed to have had Brady kidnapped for his addiction. I don't think it was said to be alcohol back then, but I can't remember. His animosity for Chloe switched from her probably harming his grandson to her being the reason for his addiction.

John also came back from the dead, so Marlena no longer cared about Brady.

Chloe moved into Lucas' orbit and Philip moved into Morgan and Stephanie's orbit.

Brady returned sometime around the baby switch. I remember Brady/Chloe having one conversation about the end of their marriage around this time. However, they were mostly in separate stories. Brady was mostly with Nicole at this point. Chloe and Chelsea Brady were building a friendship at this point before the show moved into the Chloe and Nicole friendship.

This is the first time since then that I remember them having a conversation regarding their marriage. However, I obviously could be wrong since try as I might I don't watch every day, and this is more than a decade worth's of material at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

THINK - not screaming but this happened in 2008, so my memories are fuzzy. I think this is when a writer changed happened. Victor was revealed to have had Brady kidnapped for his addiction. I don't think it was said to be alcohol back then, but I can't remember. His animosity for Chloe switched from her probably harming his grandson to her being the reason for his addiction.

It was drugs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Holly’s not necessarily being neglected. She’s just like most soap children who aren’t really seen unless they serve some plot purpose. We rarely see Brady with Rachel. Chad and Abigail mention the kids, but we rarely see them. When Adrianna was in town we rarely saw her with any of her parents. IMO the only case for parental neglect would be between Chloe and Parker. At least with the other characters, you can assume they’re with their kids when they’re offscreen. But, even though she mentions Parker, for some reason she’s letting her parents raise him.

Yea, this. I think we're just supposed to assume that Nicole, Brady, and Chad/Abigail spend time with their kids plenty. Now Gabi, I'm not sure. I haven't been watching her scenes much so I don't know if they have her mentioning visiting Ariana at all. If not, it would seem like a similar situation to Chloe, who for some reason just doesn't ever see Parker/her parents are raising him. Which is a very strange decision and I don't understand why they've made it. They could have just said Parker is in Salem and then never show him like they do the other kids. With Ariana it makes more sense that she'd kinda split her time since Will and Sonny moved away.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

This! However, he’s probably so much better off with her parents! So wish they would bring them back on the show. Salem NEEDS a Dr like Craig, rather than Kayla doing everything and screwing it all up as well! Trippy, under her direction, isn’t looking good for him.

on a side note, did I hear Allie tell Sami he was just about done with medical school? Did I miss something?  Seems to me he should have about 5-7 yrs to go

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, this. I think we're just supposed to assume that Nicole, Brady, and Chad/Abigail spend time with their kids plenty. Now Gabi, I'm not sure. I haven't been watching her scenes much so I don't know if they have her mentioning visiting Ariana at all. If not, it would seem like a similar situation to Chloe, who for some reason just doesn't ever see Parker/her parents are raising him. Which is a very strange decision and I don't understand why they've made it. They could have just said Parker is in Salem and then never show him like they do the other kids. With Ariana it makes more sense that she'd kinda split her time since Will and Sonny moved away.

Not to mention, Gabi would be such a horrible parent, as is Chloe. Let’s throw Brady in there as well. Where is his kid now that John and Mar-devil can’t take care of her?

I know it’s a soap. But I agree, it’s strange how they play all of this out 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They were divorced. However outside his drug addiction during their marriage not much else was referenced. At that point Brady was on his merry go round of musical beds while Chloe had her foray into Daniel/Phillip and being a hooker. They did however maintain a friendship all these years once Brady got a handle on his addiction.

I kind of disagree. Brady may not actively be drug gong and drinking, but he isn’t truly in recovery. His poor decisions, denial and lack of self awareness is abundant.and very disturbing.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

I kind of disagree. Brady may not actively be drugging and drinking, but he isn’t truly in recovery. His poor decisions, denial and lack of self awareness is abundant.and very disturbing. It’s great Maggie is there for him when need be, but she really shouldn’t be his sponsor. He needs a male, who also, like Maggie has long term sobriety, but isn’t a family member/ friend. Instead of jail time for Philip (which I don’t agree with anyway) I think another stint in rehab for his other issues would be good for him.

Edited by Chellfairy

Gosh. Sorry everyone! I so suck at posting.

while I’d never ever make excuses..😳😬😉

1-just got over covid, even after being vaccinated /w booster.( I work in a pharmacy and 8 oust of 14 employees’s got it. All vaccinated but 1.) And I still am fog headed/off balance and lethargic)

2. Just got a new phone I’m trying to figure out

however..even before that I still sucked at this, so I’m just making excuses! Lol

6 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Gosh. Sorry everyone! I so suck  at posting.

while I’d never ever make excuses. Not meee, never!

1-just got over covid, even after being vaccinated /w booster.( I work in a pharmacy and 8 out of 14 employees’s got it. All vaccinated but 1.)  I’m still fog headed/off balance and lethargic)

2. Just got a new phone I’m trying to figure out

however..even before that, I still sucked at this, so I’m just making excuses! Lol

Ugh 😑 again

Edited by Chellfairy
Me
  • Love 3