Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, tribeca said:

I get that Ben feels obligated to Marlena but his first priority should be his wife and baby. 
   Have never been a huge Cin fan but I do like Ciara here.  It’s interesting that she known most of the people in this storyline her whole life.  She has to sense this is not how Marlena usually acts.  

ETA @Chellfairy hope you feel better soon  

You would think! And what has happened to Ciara’s voice is it just me or does she sound different now ? 

• Love 4

I thought yesterday's scene of Rafe calling Kate in to identify Philip's artificial leg was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.  

First of all, the set up.  That limb, layed out on the conference room table, covered up with what looked like the same cloth they'd use to cover up a cheese platter from the local Safeway deli...

Then, the dramatic pull back, Kate's quiet gasp and her, "Yes, that's his leg.  He just got a new one the other day, had a coupon, half off.  Oh wait, his leg was already half off.  But I jest".  Okay, she didn't say that, but still....

Who gets a new leg and can't wait to show their Mom?  A new car, sure.  A new puppy, definitely, but a new leg????  This is KATE - she'd be more likely to bat him over the head with than compliment him on the lifelike flesh tones.

I'm only surprised Rafe wasn't in a veil holding a rosary.

I guess we should be grateful Kate wasn't called in to identify his dentures.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I thought yesterday's scene of Rafe calling Kate in to identify Philip's artificial leg was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.  

First of all, the set up.  That limb, layed out on the conference room table, covered up with what looked like the same cloth they'd use to cover up a cheese platter from the local Safeway deli...

Then, the dramatic pull back, Kate's quiet gasp and her, "Yes, that's his leg.  He just got a new one the other day, had a coupon, half off.  Oh wait, his leg was already half off.  But I jest".  Okay, she didn't say that, but still....

Who gets a new leg and can't wait to show their Mom?  A new car, sure.  A new puppy, definitely, but a new leg????  This is KATE - she'd be more likely to bat him over the head with than compliment him on the lifelike flesh tones.

ROTFLMAO🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

You would think! And what has happened to Ciara’s voice is it just me or does she sound different now ? 

She always sounds like a smoker to me. My question is was Allie always so, um, endowed or are those new?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

She always sounds like a smoker to me. My question is was Allie always so, um, endowed or are those new?

I noticed that, as well. What the hell. Maybe she had breast  implants to even out her football player-like shoulders?🤷‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Really enjoyed Allie and Sami’s talk.  I agreed with everything Allie said.   
    When Allie asked how is grandma it made me think how much better Sami would be in that storyline. Kind of tired of Nicole Sami fighting over a guy.  
Sami should just tell Nicole she can have EJ.   That would totally turn Nicole off. Or maybe Sami should just sleep with Rafe.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

When Allie asked how is grandma it made me think how much better Sami would be in that storyline. Kind of tired of Nicole Sami fighting over a guy.  
Sami should just tell Nicole she can have EJ.   That would totally turn Nicole off. Or maybe Sami should just sleep with Rafe.  

That wouldn't require any work on Sami's part, either.  For all of his prissy, judgemental ways, Rafe is such an easy lay I think he interprets a sneeze as a come-on.  

For all this talk about Nicole's cheap and easy ways, it's Rafe who sees every green light as a reason to whip it out.  Remember that time he left Kate's bed and couldn't even it make it across Horton Square without coming on to Jordan?

I'm pretty surprised he didn't make a move on Julie while Doug was in the hospital. 

In Ye Olden Days, he would have been one of the Minute Men for sure.

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I think Rafe could just give Duke to Sami, and Nicole would go apeshit.  He doesn't even have to whip his dick out for that. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

I noticed that, as well. What the hell. Maybe she had breast  implants to even out her football player-like shoulders?🤷‍♀️

So it wasn’t just me?! Whew! That’s a relief. I was going to say when in the heck did Lindsay Arnold have them done?? I didn’t see her gone for any length of time but then realized with Days taping schedule it could have been done 6 months ago and now we’re just seeing them. That said, the top she was wearing today wasn’t supporting them especially with she was in the scene with BD and waiving her arms around.

BTW!!! They are HUGE. Just sayin……..

That said, Part II……Lindsay Arnold was great in the scenes with Alison Sweeney where Allie said to Sami “My God, Mom! Wake up! Wake up” It was so well done and needed to be said. She really delivered and did a great job. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 10

I did notice a difference in Allie's... shape... but I assumed I just hadn't paid attention before and things were more noticeable due to the fit of the top and the lack of a bra.

But whatever her appearance, I'm glad she told Sami a few truths. And I needed to know how Allie felt about the situation, and now I do.

• Love 12

Allie calls what Sami and Lucas did as "going back to dad." Cheating on your unsuspecting husband and lying about it isn't going back to Lucas. 

Allie needs to move out of Nicole's. Go live with Sami who had no home, Lucas who lives over a bar.  Sami has no right barging in and then attacking Nicole in her own home and Allie should be not allowing it. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Yes please. I’d rather have Sami and Rafe, and Ej/Nicole together.

But we know that’ll never happen😑

Would actually rather have Lumi than  Sami with anyone else.

I’d rather not have Rafe w/Nicole. If not Ava, then he should be with the creepy bear!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3

Awww. Poor Mardevil is upset that serial killer Ben Weston has become a 'prig'. He's not as much fun any more. Ben didn't think it was odd that John was choking himself while trying to talk and didn't notice Doc pulling some strings? At least Shawn finally showed up and maybe this story can get moving. Of course John was coming to kill Mardevil. She was right about that. Is she planning to SORAS the unborn kid?

I noticed that Allie's chest also looked larger. Don't know if she was wearing a push up bra with double push or whether she had it enhanced. Her girls were huge! It could also have been the sweater she wore. When she found her mom attacking Nicole, she should have asked her mother to leave. Sami had no business attacking another person in that person's own home. Why can't Allie afford her own place? Let Nicole have some privacy and let Holly have her own space.

Nicole was fun when she saw Lucas and Rafe talking/gossping at Horton Square. She knows she's the gossip talk of the town and laughs about it. Careful, Nikki, you don't want Ava to come round the square and see you kissing Rafe.

Susan should let her son live his own life. Sure, tell him to think about divorcing Sami, but it will probably be better for him. Maybe be single for a while and see what happens.

Allie gave her mom some good advice. Doubt Sami will listen to any of it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So it wasn’t just me?! Whew! That’s a relief. I was going to say when in the heck did Lindsay Arnold have them done?? I didn’t see her gone for any length of time but then realized with Days taping schedule it could have been done 6 months ago and now we’re just seeing them. That said, the top she was wearing today wasn’t supporting them especially with she was in the scene with BD and waiving her arms around.

BTW!!! They are HUGE. Just sayin……..

That said, Part II……Lindsay Arnold was great in the scenes with Alison Sweeney where Allie said to Sami “My God, Mom! Wake up! Wake up” It was so well done and needed to be said. She really delivered and did a great job. 

Yeah, when the young adults were at the beach last summer, finding gone to soon Dr Snyder’s corpse, her breasts were NOT LARGE in her bathing suit. 
agree, she was great with Sami today.

And what the heck is going on with me lately… liking Ciara acting like she has sense and not finding Allie the lifeless, drab,boring girl she usually is. (Maybe it’s her breast enhancement making her feel spunky)

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I did notice a difference in Allie's... shape... but I assumed I just hadn't paid attention before and things were more noticeable due to the fit of the top and the lack of a bra.

But whatever her appearance, I'm glad she told Sami a few truths. And I needed to know how Allie felt about the situation, and now I do.

I agree. I noticed a difference, like others did, but I don't know if it has to be breast enhancement. I often make my husband laugh by asking him if certain shirts make my breasts look enormous. Some shirts do that to you, especially if she wasn't (for some inexplicable reason) wearing a bra.

I did love that scene with her and Sami. Rather than getting bogged down in the war between Nicole and Sami, she just told her mother like it is about EJ and his behavior. I think she definitely hit on some hard truths. I didn't see the entirety of EJ and Sami's relationship, and like Allie snarked (rightfully so) about how EJ and Sami are supposed to have a love for the ages, but I don't remember Sami being this pathetic and desperate with EJ before. It does feel like if she gives up, it will be like admitting the bulk of the last few years of her life was a waste.

I liked that Nicole also got to lay some home truths on Sami. It sucks that she tried to be nice and then Sami decided to act five years old and get in yet another catfight.

The one slight issue I had with Allie and Lucas's scene was her lack of concern for Phillip. She talked about him as if he was some stranger she didn't know and not her uncle. 

While Susan was right about EJ being a hypocrite, as usual, she went way over the top. Acting as if divorcing Sami would damn EJ to hell, especially considering the other horrible things he's done.

It was hilarious that Ben had NO reaction to John getting choked up twice. I also love that the show only now brings up Ben's abusive past and why it's making him act like such an idiot with Marlena. They should have brought that up at the beginning. 

Wow, Rafe! Like as someone else mentioned, there are multiple serious crimes to be investigated and he's just lounging around in the middle of the day. Not to mention he has a girlfriend and yet he's grabbing Nicole and kissing her in public. It would serve him right if Ava, or someone who knew her, saw that and tell her and she poisons the Italian food she keeps cooking for him.

• Love 7

Regarding LA/Allie's breasts: Yes, I noticed her big boobs today, but this not an entirely new development. Just a few weeks ago there was a similar discussion in this thread. It was after a scene between Allie, Chanel, and either Johnny or Tripp at that "Sweet Bits" table in Horton Square. I remember this because some here were talking about it and so I made it a point to pay attention to her scenes when I watched the episode later on. I think she's always been well endowed, it is just really noticeable when she wears a low cut or tight top. Anyway, I've liked Allie these last few episodes when she's dealing with her parents. She really should move out of Nicole's apartment so that Nicole doesn't have to leave her own home every time Sami visits her daughter. 

Also, I still can't shake the feeling that Lucas was behind Sami's kidnapping. There was something in the way he acted during Sami's rescue and the way he interrogated Jason that makes me suspicious. Not to mention that Jason conveniently got away from Lucas as he gave chase. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I've seen this show shit on Lucas for almost 3 decades, and I just can't see them making Lucas Sami's "hero". 

I wish the show would keep ED as Kristen and SH as Susan. I can tolerate SH as Susan but not as Kristen. And since Kristen is forever on the run and pops up occasionally, it wouldn't have to be a fulltime commitment for ED. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Regarding LA/Allie's breasts: Yes, I noticed her big boobs today, but this not an entirely new development. Just a few weeks ago there was a similar discussion in this thread. It was after a scene between Allie, Chanel, and either Johnny or Tripp at that "Sweet Bits" table in Horton Square. I remember this because some here were talking about it and so I made it a point to pay attention to her scenes when I watched the episode later on. I think she's always been well endowed, it is just really noticeable when she wears a low cut or tight top. Anyway, I've liked Allie these last few episodes when she's dealing with her parents. She really should move out of Nicole's apartment so that Nicole doesn't have to leave her own home every time Sami visits her daughter. 

Also, I still can't shake the feeling that Lucas was behind Sami's kidnapping. There was something in the way he acted during Sami's rescue and the way he interrogated Jason that makes me suspicious. Not to mention that Jason conveniently got away from Lucas as he gave chase. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I've seen this show shit on Lucas for almost 3 decades, and I just can't see them making Lucas Sami's "hero". 

I wish the show would keep ED as Kristen and SH as Susan. I can tolerate SH as Susan but not as Kristen. And since Kristen is forever on the run and pops up occasionally, it wouldn't have to be a fulltime commitment for ED. 

I love your whole post and especially about ED as Kristen and SH as Susan.  It would not be the first time that a dual role played by one actress became 2 roles played by two different actresses. On As The World Turns, Frannie and Sabrina were played beautifully by Oscar winner Julianne Moore and once she left the roles for greener pastures, the roles were recast with two different actresses and the characters no longer looking like each other was never mentioned by the characters on the show.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

...and Another World finally divided up the dual Vicky/Marley roles between Jensen Buchanan and Ellen Wheeler, and wrote in that they no longer were identical twins and used it for story. How well, is debatable. 

I'm sorry to say, I've had my fill of Stacey H. She's done her best, truly, but Eileen owns these roles, period, end of discussion. Who are we kidding here? Her Susan was funny, loveable, smart in her own way....Stacey has tried but only falls back on some tics - the high pitch voice, the stuttering, the hands - and you just find yourself wondering when Susan is going to leave again.

It's sweet to say "divide the roles between them!" but I don't see why that's necessary. Eileen can make occasional appearances should she wish...but honestly we need a break from both characters.

And now she's also some bible person? Since when? Just cause she's southern?

Did Harold put the Xmas tree in front of the secret passageway on purpose to block it?

I have never loved anything Allie has said as much as her pro-Lucas/anti-EJ/anti-abusive relationship//Wake up Mom! monologue today. It was amazing. Which naturally fills me with dread. Please don't go there, Show. Don't make Lucas deranged. Uggggghhhhh. Don't make him Theo to EJ's Ben.

Since BD is only an occasional player, maybe when AS leaves, they could leave together?

Hey Shawn - CALL FOR BACKUP. STAY WITH YOUR SISTER. RAFE IS LITERALLY SIPPING COFFEE IN THE SQUARE.

"I did it all in the name of hate!" 😔 Ron? Please stop. This is ruining the show. This is so bad. Honestly. When literally everything else going on in Salem is more compelling than the devil taking over a character, it's a sign that this was another terrible idea in a long string of them. You are writing a lame cartoon. That's not the gig. Stop.

...Ben punching John over Marlena - the DOOL jump the shark moment?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Push up bra? I could have sworn I saw Sammi take a look at her breasts for more than a beat. I thought she was going to say something. 😁

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Push up bra? I could have sworn I saw Sammi take a look at her breasts for more than a beat. I thought she was going to say something. 😁

I need that push up bra asap!!

I just had a thought.. maybe she’s pumping her breast milk extra instead of using formula and forgot about feeding Henry, formally known as HenryBlanket, therefore she’s engorged. Her girls did look painfully large

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I liked that Nicole also got to lay some home truths on Sami. It sucks that she tried to be nice and then Sami decided to act five years old and get in yet another catfight.

I think Sami should hate Nicole forever over the Sydney/Grace switch. I think most characters forgive major crimes too easily (and yes I am pointing at the universal adoration of Ben right now). BUT I'm tired of Sami always throwing temper tantrums when Nicole is around and refusing to have a modicum of inner conflict or maturity. Like Nicole pointed out, Sami didn't care that Eric was collateral damage in Sami's latest revenge scheme. At this point in her life, Sami should have cared! She's not an underdog fifteen-year-old anymore. She ought to be able to balance her hate for Nicole with her love for Allie/Eric/etc. Back in the 80s, Rojohn hated Kayla's romance with Steve and Steve hated Adrienne's romance with Justin. Neither of them ended up sucking all of the air out of every single room and then rolling around in the cake.

Who Sami ends up with romantically matters to me far less than seeing Sami get back on track as a fully-fledged character instead of as a plot device who shows up, screams like a broken record, gets in a physical altercation, shows no love for anyone but herself, and then leaves.

Sami could still be snarky, vivacious, clever, scheming, bold, and periodically selfish or immoral without also being violent, desperate, and unable to extend the slightest bit of compassion to anyone else. Could she please get a career she cares about? Support her beloved siblings/children instead of destroying them for her own convenience? Do anything other than cling to a man who doesn't want her while blaming Nicole for everything from the color of the sky to Covid-19?

The one slight issue I had with Allie and Lucas's scene was her lack of concern for Phillip. She talked about him as if he was some stranger she didn't know and not her uncle. 

Perhaps Philip is both her uncle and some stranger she doesn't know? I can't remember them ever interacting. Philip/Will and Philip/Lucas, yes, but not Philip/Allie. I wish the show was stronger with family ties.

8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Absolutely. Allie's big speech about how great Lucas is was no doubt a setup for Lucas to fall off that pedestal when Allie finds out that her father kidnapped her mother.

I just hope that Johnny doesn't learn the circumstances of his conception at the same time as Allie learns about the kidnapping and a "gee, both of our fathers treated our mother equally poorly" chat ensues. Because that would be a horrible false equivalency.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I agree. It's deeper/raspier. Maybe she is a smoker like someone else suggested. Or maybe she had thyroid surgery or something. I don't know but it's definitely different.

9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I think [Allie]'s always been well endowed, it is just really noticeable when she wears a low cut or tight top. 

This. Allie's boobs have always been big but every once in awhile they seem exceptionally huge so I'm pretty sure it's just the bra/shirt she's wearing.

• Love 5

I find it really hard to believe that Sami would nurse anyone back to health. I believe that she paid people to nurse EJ back to health, but Sami herself I can't believe.

So, I have some issues with the Sami/Alli scenes.

1. The show has not invested in the Sami/EJ/Lucas/Allie/Johnny dynamic the way I wished they had. Why hasn't there been some awkward family dinner with the 5? Why haven't we gotten more scenes with Allie/EJ? Why hasn't Allie been more involved with EJ/Nicole? It's hard to care about Allie's perspective when I don't know who Allie is to EJ and vice versa. EJ has been in Allie's life literally all her life, and considering he was "dead" for a section and then needed "healing" for a section, I would have appreciated a scene with the two discussing that dynamic. As far as I know, that never occurred.

2. I don't like Sami/Alli scenes. They aren't as terrible as Maggie/Sarah scenes to me. However, I loved the Marlena/Sami dynamic so much, and I would argue it's one of the most important relationships of Days of the past 30 years. Sami/Allie lacks that amount of depth. Similar to the EJ/Allie dynamic, a lot happened off screen, and because of AS's real life schedule, we never really got a change to dive deep into their personal history. While I think the actresses work well together, I'm not champing at the bit to see more.

3. Sami/EJ are terrible to each other. I don't see either one as a victim.

4. The last time Lucas/Sami were a couple, Lucas spent most of his time berating Sami for whatever scheme she'd concocted that time. Also, Allie has no idea what her parents romantic relationship would be like because they've never been romantically involved since Allie's birth. Yes, I know they've recently had an affair but I mean in a romantic relationship and not just sex.

I thought the Allie/Lucas scene was odd. "I know your brother is missing and presumed dead, and Grandma Marlena is missing and possessed by the Devil. Anyway, forget those losers, let's talk about your romantic chances with Mom." Obviously not a quote.

Lastly, I don't have much investment in this version of EJAMI or LUMI. That being said, I find it odd that people are excited about those scenes when the show seems invested in EJ/Sami and Rafe/Nicole...ugh. EJ/Nicole spent most of their post coitus time talking about Sami/Rafe and now EJ is reminded of what a good woman/wife Sami is by his own mother and Nicole and Rafe is obviously being pushed as the couple to root for...ugh...with EJ and Ava as obstacles.

• Love 4

Perhaps Philip is both her uncle and some stranger she doesn't know? I can't remember them ever interacting. Philip/Will and Philip/Lucas, yes, but not Philip/Allie. I wish the show was stronger with family ties.

Yeah, I doubt Allie and Phillip are close/know each other well, but still the dialogue made it seem like she wasn't concerned at all, and whether they're close or not, that she would be concerned that her uncle might be dead. But, yes, the show is really crappy at strong family ties except for with a select few. Sometimes I don't even realize certain characters are supposed to be related until it's stated here.

I just hope that Johnny doesn't learn the circumstances of his conception at the same time as Allie learns about the kidnapping and a "gee, both of our fathers treated our mother equally poorly" chat ensues. Because that would be a horrible false equivalency.

Ugh!! This feels like such a Ron thing to do, so it could happen. But I really, really, really hope it doesn't this time.

4. The last time Lucas/Sami were a couple, Lucas spent most of his time berating Sami for whatever scheme she'd concocted that time. Also, Allie has no idea what her parents romantic relationship would be like because they've never been romantically involved since Allie's birth. Yes, I know they've recently had an affair but I mean in a romantic relationship and not just sex.

I don't think Allie needs to know what their romantic relationship was like to want the two of them together. She loves her dad and knows that he wants this. Plus, she's witnessed their dynamic over the years enough to have an opinion on whether she believes they'd make a good fit. 

I thought the Allie/Lucas scene was odd. "I know your brother is missing and presumed dead, and Grandma Marlena is missing and possessed by the Devil. Anyway, forget those losers, let's talk about your romantic chances with Mom." Obviously not a quote.

It was definitely a clumsy segway.

Lastly, I don't have much investment in this version of EJAMI or LUMI. That being said, I find it odd that people are excited about those scenes when the show seems invested in EJ/Sami and Rafe/Nicole...ugh. EJ/Nicole spent most of their post coitus time talking about Sami/Rafe and now EJ is reminded of what a good woman/wife Sami is by his own mother and Nicole and Rafe is obviously being pushed as the couple to root for...ugh...with EJ and Ava as obstacles.

I don't think it's odd. Just because the show might be pushing a certain angle doesn't mean people can't enjoy the chemistry and story potential they're seeing elsewhere and hope the show changes direction.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think Allie needs to know what their romantic relationship was like to want the two of them together. She loves her dad and knows that he wants this. Plus, she's witnessed their dynamic over the years enough to have an opinion on whether she believes they'd make a good fit. 

Lucas also went to Europe to help reign her in when her drinking was getting bad, right? Or....wait...was it Rafe? Or both of them?

33 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

The last time Lucas/Sami were a couple, Lucas spent most of his time berating Sami for whatever scheme she'd concocted that time.

Yeah that sounds about right. I don't remember a time when Lucas wasn't telling her to dial it back. Kinda makes me wonder why he even wants her anymore, to be honest.

It sucks that Lumi this time around is so...random. They bang, he says he loves her and wants her and...that's it? Not much substance there. Why does he think she's a good fit for him suddenly?

33 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

EJ is reminded of what a good woman/wife Sami is by his own mother

Which was also strange. ED's Susan was anti-Sami right before EJ died. Passionately. They could have written in something about Susan seeing Sami care for EJ and coming to respect her...but nope. Weren't they both looking after him in Europe for a while?

Great points too on the undercooked Sami/Allie relationship.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think it's odd. Just because the show might be pushing a certain angle doesn't mean people can't enjoy the chemistry and story potential they're seeing elsewhere and hope the show changes direction.

Co-sign.

I find Rafe/Nicole boring and to say I dislike Ejami would be an understatement. So I have no interest in watching those stories, let alone discussing them.

I do have an interest in seeing Lucas/Sami/Allie interact, so I've enjoyed what I've gotten over the past 18 months. When Lucas gets shipped off to prison and Sami returns to Europe (or whatever), I'll stop following the show unless there's some other plot/characters that interest me.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lucas also went to Europe to help reign her in when her drinking was getting bad, right? Or....wait...was it Rafe? Or both of them?

Yeah that sounds about right. I don't remember a time when Lucas wasn't telling her to dial it back. Kinda makes me wonder why he even wants her anymore, to be honest.

It sucks that Lumi this time around is so...random. They bang, he says he loves her and wants her and...that's it? Not much substance there. Why does he think she's a good fit for him suddenly?

I think Lucas went to help with Allie and then later Rafe went to help with Johnny. Speaking of, have Rafe and Johnny even had many scenes together? I believe the reason he left was because he was so close with the kids, but while he and Allie seemed close when she first arrived, he and Johnny don't.

Lucas was always trying to rein in Sami doing crimes and stupid harebrained schemes, but he always loved her. They didn't break up because he didn't like her - or didn't think she was a good fit - it was because of EJami, so it's not out there that he would want her back. 

36 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Co-sign.

I find Rafe/Nicole boring and to say I dislike Ejami would be an understatement. So I have no interest in watching those stories, let alone discussing them.

I do have an interest in seeing Lucas/Sami/Allie interact, so I've enjoyed what I've gotten over the past 18 months. When Lucas gets shipped off to prison and Sami returns to Europe (or whatever), I'll stop following the show unless there's some other plot/characters that interest me.

Rafe/Nicole are not only boring, but the writing is so lame and stupid (not new for this show, I know.) I know that they felt Nicole/AZ needed a new pairing after GV left, but given they chose to keep Eric and Nicole married, it was tacky that they started pushing them together as soon as he left. Now we have the forbidden love aspect because of his relationship with Ava. But they haven't really developed Rafe/Ava to feel like a true obstacle especially since it's clear Rafe would drop Ava in a heartbeat if Nicole would let him. Given that, ultimately, Nicole ended things with Eric because she thought she wasn't good enough for him, it doesn't make sense that she'd next move on to the police commissioner. It would make more sense if Nicole didn't want to be with him because of that, instead of because of her barely there friendship with Ava.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

just had a thought.. maybe she’s pumping her breast milk extra instead of using formula and forgot about feeding Henry, formally known as HenryBlanket, therefore she’s engorged. Her girls did look painfully large

Maybe she is really pregnant? That might be why they sure seemed to drop the Chanel/Allie story and now have her exclusively with Tripp? Just a thought.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 12/12/2021 at 6:08 AM, nilyank said:

Tripp left in 2019 to go to medical school in California (I think at Stanford). With the time jump, he came back to Salem in 2020 our time (2021 Salem time) and transfered Salem University. Medical school is 4 years. He could be finishing his 3rd year and going into his last year. When he graduates, he can become a resident so that Kayla isn't the only doctor at Salem U Hospital.

Sarah was a doctor there for a while before she went off to Exile Island.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Were they teleporting to that cabin? All of them seemed to get there and then get back to Salem in the blink of an eye. John showed up after Ciara left, but she was back home, wearing different clothes and fretting for what seemed like hours, while John, Shawn and Belle - who had visited Ciara - showed up in quick succession at the cabin. Made no sense.

Also - why doesn't the devil kill someone? They all find out about him and keep spreading the word about him. Yet the devil won't off them. Stupid.

Extra stupid? Announcing to the world that he wants Ciara's baby before the darn thing is 1 month in her belly. Why not just wait until after it's born to try something...? There's a 9 month wait here, Satan. If you'd stayed hidden, you could have easily kidnapped him/her later on.

Sami sure made her point with EJ. Their kiss was weird, but the scene overall worked.

Love seeing Ben choked by a necktie. Does anyone have a picture from when Victor tried it? That was so beautiful.

Rafe is such a moron. How does he think this will end? The crazy mob lady who threatened his sister with a knife still lives with him. So when he finally gets Nicole she'll....leave quietly after being lied to? I think not.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Were they teleporting to that cabin? All of them seemed to get there and then get back to Salem in the blink of an eye. John showed up after Ciara left, but she was back home, wearing different clothes and fretting for what seemed like hours, while John, Shawn and Belle - who had visited Ciara - showed up in quick succession at the cabin. Made no sense.

A little Kidnap Kabin detour.....

So this is the cabin that got pretty much burned down, that Ben says he rebuilt because he and Ciara have so many memories attached to the place....

So he's invested time and money rebuilding someone else's cabin?  He's made it look much nice than the dump they live in back in Salem.  He's obviously decorated it with prime pieces from the Pier One Serial Killer Collection (by Martha Stewart), laid on electricity, plumbing, the works.  And everyone in town not only knows about the place, but also knows how to get there.

Really great place to hide out.......

giphy.gif

And I bet Door Dash delivers.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

I never noticed that wallpaper in EJ's study, it's very pretty.

The shadow on the wall in the room where Ciara was saying nobody was going to get in, was very ominous.  Well done, Show.

I laughed that Shawn had to explain that the baby the devil wants is "yours and Ciara's".  Because what other baby does Ben have?

"A brain cell has been detected."  Has MarDevil been reading this forum?

"She's better in bed."  Ouch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Actually, this is one point I don't really mind.  If Allie and Phillip truly don't have any kind of relationship, it would be jarring to shoehorn a family relationship between the two.

Where this especially applies is the 101 DiMera kids. Don't pretend there's a closeness that exists between Chad & Kristen, or EJ & Tony, or, or, or if NONE of them actually spent much time together as siblings. 

It's more realistic to me if two family members who are solely related by blood/marriage don't actually feel a bond with each other because they've never really spent time with each other.

• Love 9

The only thing I'm liking about the MarDevil storyline now is that Belle and Shawn are involved.  Not that I think they are geniuses or are going to resolve it, but for some reason, I've always liked them, even through the actor changes.  Plus, Brandon Beemer is looking hot lately.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Actually, this is one point I don't really mind.  If Allie and Phillip truly don't have any kind of relationship, it would be jarring to shoehorn a family relationship between the two.

It's more realistic to me if two family members who are solely related by blood/marriage don't actually feel a bond with each other because they've never really spent time with each other.

I agree with you; I truly do. However, I'm always confused when the show wants to be realistic with their relationships and when they don't.

Allie and Eli apparently have such a good relationship that Eli and Lani are comfortable with her keeping their twins.

Allie and Maggie apparently have such a good relationship that Maggie kept Henry.

We haven't seen any of these relationships be developed onscreen. 

When I see things like what happened with Lucas and Allie, I sometimes wonder if the writers/actors understand the varying connections characters have with each other. 

Then, I also see scenes like Allie/Sami where both are barely interested in Marlena being missing and possessed, and I realize it doesn't matter if they do or don't.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

The only thing I'm liking about the MarDevil storyline now is that Belle and Shawn are involved.  Not that I think they are geniuses or are going to resolve it, but for some reason, I've always liked them, even through the actor changes.  Plus, Brandon Beemer is looking hot lately.

They need to be involved since she's Marlena's daughter and Shawn's grandparents are involved. I'm glad the show remembers they're related to.

I don't buy Allie being all team Lumi not that I think she likes EJ more than Lucas but she didn't hate him either. Plus I always thought Allie believed Lucas deserves better than Sami. I feel like they just have her fill the Will role in all of this and Will I would buy wanting his parents together and wanting her to leave EJ because of what we saw on screen. That being said I like Allie much more around her parents than well anything else.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Poor Ciara left alone and scared.  
she needs to throw that necklace away.  I want Hope to come back and slap the devil out of Marlena. 

Not me. Uh uh. THRILLED that Hope is away from this shit. She has been butchered enough in the name of bad writing and Cin.

• Love 8

Rafe the police commissioner forcing himself on someone in town square. He deserved that also, but Nicole needs to stop leading man to man on. She would have kisses Rafe on EJs doorstep had he not walked in.

Nicole has too much self respect to do what to Ava? She already slept with her boyfriend, is lying about it. Self respect is out the window.

Allie doesn't understand marriage at all. Sami has every right to be pissed at Lucas over the letter. He broke into her house and took something out of her fireplace.   Sami chose to cheat, it's not EJs fault and cheating isn't ok Allie.

That's the most Chem I've seen between EJ and Sami since he returned. Fighting/push/pull suits them more. 

Lucas seems shady, like he totally did the kidnapping. 

Nicole is an idiot if she believes EJ doesn't still love Sami. 

"How do I know it's really you, she turned Susan into a cat." 😂

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...Ben punching John over Marlena - the DOOL jump the shark moment?

The show jumped the shark for me when Marlena got possessed by the devil round 1.

3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I was embarrassed for Ali and Dan during those Ejami scenes today. Those two have no heat between them and the kiss looked forced. 

No heat between them and original recipe Ejami sizzled.. What a shame that the show had to go the rape route with them.  I could no longer support that pairing after that..

The only people currently on the show with any heat in my opinion is Mardevil and Ben.. Is it just me or does she want to fuck Ben.. She is so inappropriate with him being a married man. Ben also had chemistry with Will.. I was shocked by their sexual chemistry..

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So there is a working brain cell in Salem!

It took Belle smashing a rock over Mardevil's head to extricate John and Shawn and Ben? What are the plans for the baby - it still has free will and Ciara's maybe 2 months along max. Unless she decides to hatch over Christmas. Poor Mardevil now plotting some revenge against Shawn and Belle. She has a weird way of doing things and not being able to multitask. Get a planner and figure out what you are going to do each day. This shouldn't be this time consuming and cumbersome. Get with the current technology.

Sami, why do you want EJ? Til death do you both part? You have a sunk cost fallacy in him? Let him go and find someone who wants you.

Rafe, you have no business making moves on Nicole in a public place. And little do you know that Ava apparently saw you. Hello upcoming fun times with a jealous former mob moll.

Lucas still seems shady about Sami's kidnapping. Why hasn't she gone to the police? Why hasn't anyone gone to the place in Wisconsin, figured out who owned the building or was renting it or anything?

The shadow on the wall was a bit creepy but probably means nothing. At least Ciara took off the necklace.

• Love 5

Ugh, gross! That kiss with EJ and Sami was awkward as all hell. And, I don't care if Sami is right about EJ still wanting her, that level of smug is grossly unattractive.

Ha! Serves douchecanoe Rafe right that Ava saw the kiss. Man, the way he lied to her face about having second thoughts was beyond shifty. Just break up with the woman if you don't want to be with her. While it depends on how far she takes it, I think he'll deserve what he gets from her. I know she's a former mob boss, who went psycho over the last mans she loved, but I think if Rafe was honest with her, she'd handle the break-up and get over. But, the way he's playing her is just going to make everything worse.

I did love the devil snarking on Ben.

I guess I spoke too soon about Allie not caring about Phillip. I wish I could have loved those scenes, but UUUUUUGGGGH, yes Lucas is acting beyond suspicious. "The cops lost interest." In 24 hours?! Is the Wisconsin PD supposed to be as incompetent as the Salem PD? I really hope this is all a misdirect. 

• Love 9

Haven't been watching much this week because of long overdue and not fun at all home projects, but am enjoying the comments!  Also been enjoying another found kitten, who has made fast friends with the kitten/now grown cat I found two years ago.  It's ridiculous how much I love cats.  Anyway ...

On 12/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, Chellfairy said:

Gosh. Sorry everyone! I so suck at posting.

while I’d never ever make excuses..😳😬😉

1-just got over covid, even after being vaccinated /w booster.

I hope you're feeling better!  We (myself, hubbie and grown, still at home kiddos) got our boosters a couple of weeks ago.  In case anyone hasn't told you recently, just know that people like me appreciate people like you, who are out there doing their jobs even when it's dangerous to their own well-being.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:40 AM, DaphneCat said:

I get your point but I'm still really sick of the whole catfight, slap-first-talk-later trope soaps consistently use as the only way for women to express themselves. 

I wish it was possible to like this post more than once.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I just have a problem with the slut-shaming on one particular character when we're talking about a genre where bed-hopping is a grand tradition and on a show where she is far from the only character with a laundry list of former partners.

And this post , too.  There's nothing wrong with women enjoying sex.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:22 PM, boes said:

Boes, I really wish I could like at your posts more than once!  I laugh out loud every single time.  You truly are a treasure to these forums, my friend.  :-)

On 12/14/2021 at 5:37 PM, brisbydog said:

My question is was Allie always so, um, endowed or are those new?

Yes, I actually wondered if the women who plays Allie wasn't pregnant or nursing, because they seemed so much larger than the last time I admired her assets.  She has a beautiful figure ... though TBH I'm glad to not be so fully endowed myself.  My guess is that she has a lot of back aches. :-(

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RedElf said:

"A brain cell has been detected."  Has MarDevil been reading this forum?

If she had said "The Salem Brain has been detected", that would have confirmed it.  But yes, I think she's been reading our posts when she has a few free moments between tormenting the citizens of Salem, USA.  

I loved Sami's arrogance on full display as she rambled off all the ways she's better than Nicole.  

At least now Ava knows that Saint Rafe is a low down, dirty cheater.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the fallout will be delicious.  

I was so hoping that MarDevil-as-Ben and Ben would show up wherever Ciara was, and make the little twit have to try to figure out which witch was which.  If the Show is determined to make this MarDevil story totally CrapTastic, at least let me have a little fun!   

• LOL 2
  • Love 8