Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

on a side note, did I hear Allie tell Sami he was just about done with medical school? Did I miss something?  Seems to me he should have about 5-7 yrs to go

You heard right because I heard the same thing and thought no way in heck should Tripp almost be finished with med school. Just no way!

@4evaQuez I am in awe of your memory. Thanks for the recap on the Broe return to Salem. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Gosh. Sorry everyone! I so suck at posting.

while I’d never ever make excuses..😳😬😉

1-just got over covid, even after being vaccinated /w booster.( I work in a pharmacy and 8 oust of 14 employees’s got it. All vaccinated but 1.) And I still am fog headed/off balance and lethargic)

2. Just got a new phone I’m trying to figure out

however..even before that I still sucked at this, so I’m just making excuses! Lol

Ugh 😑 again

I'm so so sorry you're going through this.  I hope you get some improvement in how you're feeling, but please DO NOT worry one bit about how you post.  We all make those mistakes.

Just feel better.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, norcalgal said:
12 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

on a side note, did I hear Allie tell Sami he was just about done with medical school? Did I miss something?  Seems to me he should have about 5-7 yrs to go

You heard right because I heard the same thing and thought no way in heck should Tripp almost be finished with med school. Just no way!

Tripp left in 2019 to go to medical school in California (I think at Stanford). With the time jump, he came back to Salem in 2020 our time (2021 Salem time) and transfered Salem University. Medical school is 4 years. He could be finishing his 3rd year and going into his last year. When he graduates, he can become a resident so that Kayla isn't the only doctor at Salem U Hospital.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Not to mention, Gabi would be such a horrible parent, as is Chloe. Let’s throw Brady in there as well. Where is his kid now that John and Mar-devil can’t take care of her?

I know it’s a soap. But I agree, it’s strange how they play all of this out 

I always thought if the show wanted Sarah written out she should've exited taking Rachel with her and nobody being able to find her. Melinda would've helped her do it as revenge against Kristen for Haley's death and JJ would be the one that would give them a place to stay because he also wanted revenge. This would work for everyone the show wouldn't need to waste their time writing for another pointless child and this would be very karmic for Kristen considering Tate.

Not be stuck on some island. 

I also think its good that Ari is in Arizona with Will/Sonny as it frees Gabi up and one less kid to write for bring her back as a hellion teenager to wreak havoc on Gabi's life later on.

Parker should be here I think he would make his mom's story better but I'm fine with him being with Craig/Nancy as well.

• Love 3
On 12/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Chellfairy said:

1-just got over covid, even after being vaccinated /w booster.( I work in a pharmacy and 8 oust of 14 employees’s got it. All vaccinated but 1.) And I still am fog headed/off balance and lethargic)

however..even before that I still sucked at this, so I’m just making excuses! Lol

Ugh 😑 again

Oh My!  So sorry to hear you have been sick, and I do not understand new technology so I sympathize with your phone issues...hopefully you have time to recuperate & enjoy the holidays.

• Love 6

Thirded - get well and no worries!

I completely agree that Maggie being everyone's default sponsor and Kayla being everyone's default doctor and Marlena being everyone's default therapist/hypnotist is uncomfortable. 

At least there are two different lawyers in town with Belle and Justin. Three if you count Melinda as DA.

Wait...is Justin really married to Bonnie now..? 

• Love 5
On 12/10/2021 at 11:58 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not sure what her age has to do with it. As if being of a certain age means a woman has to close up shop sexually and only raise her children. Nicole is a single woman (relatively since she's in the process of divorce) and if she wants to sleep with the entire lineup of the Los Angeles Lakers, that's her prerogative. She was celibate for ages while her husband was away. The only bed partner I take issue with is Xander because she was still married at the time. She and Eric broke up shortly after that and she's been celibate for months since that happened. Also, the musical beds comment is rich coming from Sami, given EJ and Nicole are only sleeping together because Sami just had to break up her twin brother's marriage and EJ is divorcing her because she slept with Lucas. Maybe Sami isn't the one who should be throwing that stone. 

Nicole's old age is a factor because she's been doing this for years now and it's beyond played out. The character has been stuck in this wash, rinse, repeat cycle of bed hopping, cheating, and home-wrecking. It's not entertaining to watch and I don't find her rootable. At some point she needs to grow up and do some self reflecting.  She's a 50 year old woman acting like a horny teenager, chasing after a new man every other month all while being an absentee mother. Two months after Eric left she started an emotional affair with Rafe. Six months after Eric left, she cheated on him with his worst enemy, Xander. (Lol at that being considered "celibate for ages". The only person on this show who has been "celibate for ages" is Chloe. Poor woman hasn't gotten any since Deimos and that was six years ago. They don't even imply that she has sex.) Then she betrayed her "good friend" Ava by sleeping with Rafe on her work desk. Trashy and classless behavior. Now we're on round 4 of chem-less EJ/Nicole. We've seen multiple rounds of Eric/Nicole and chem-less Brady/Nicole. She's been with Rafe, Xander, Lucas, Victor, and Roman. What else or should I say "who else" is left for this woman to do. It's all so repetitive and pathetic to me.

Edited by Pearl
  • Love 5

Fair enough, but this is a soap opera, and Nicole is a "sexy hot vixen" type (who has been considerably matured and softened in recent years) so as long as Ari Zucker looks this good, it makes sense to give her love stories. Don't they say that romances are the lifeblood of soaps and actors without them end up fired?

It was stupid to have Eric randomly abandon her after years of fighting to be with her, but that aside, she was celibate and sad for almost a year. She also should have been stressed from helping raise/support Holly, Allie and Henry too...though it was glossed over. The ONS of Pain and Rejection made some sense that context....not with Xander though, of course....and Rafe was clearly a boring good guy stand-in for Eric.

And if she was a teen in the late 90s, that makes her mid-40s now.

I get your meaning though - I definitely would rather see her playing a Mom regularly and married to Eric than back in the singles game. If only GV/Eric had stayed...

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I get that Ben feels obligated to Marlena but his first priority should be his wife and baby. 
   Have never been a huge Cin fan but I do like Ciara here.  It’s interesting that she known most of the people in this storyline her whole life.  She has to sense this is not how Marlena usually acts.  

ETA @Chellfairy hope you feel better soon  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 9
On 12/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Chellfairy said:

Ugh 😑 again

Hope you feel better soon! Sending wishes for a full recovery. 

• Love 3

Honestly, for the last two years it hasn't seemed like Ciara even sees anybody other than Ben, much less recognize if they're acting out of character. Did she catch on fast to BrainChipGina? I can't recall...

I'm liking what Kate, Brady, Belle and Chloe are giving us, but knowing this is all a ruse undermines it.

...wouldn't the hospital staff see from examining Brady that he has a head injury consistent with getting clubbed by a large object? True, he is Blockhead Brady, but still...the signs should be clear that he was in a serious fight and attacked...not just drunk. If we assume Philip was already drowning in the river, how was Brady knocked out..? It doesnt add up.

Of course, I also don't know how Philip managed to club him outside the pub unnoticed and then drag his heavy ass all the way to the river...on a prosthetic leg to boot!

Ben and MarDevil were this close to the sex they've been headed towards for years now. Ciara's right - it IS creepy. I'm so sick of it/them.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...wouldn't the hospital staff see from examining Brady that he has a head injury consistent with getting clubbed by a large object? True, he is Blockhead Brady, but still...the signs should be clear that he was in a serious fight and attacked...not just drunk. If we assume Philip was already drowning in the river, how was Brady knocked out..? It doesnt add up.

Of course, I also don't know how Philip managed to club him outside the pub unnoticed and then drag his heavy ass all the way to the river...on a prosthetic leg to boot!

Expecting logic on this show is like expecting dinosaurs to roam the Earth freely once again...

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Expecting logic on this show is like expecting dinosaurs to roam the Earth freely once again...

But...but....but.....Julie DOES roam freely!  

• LOL 18
5 hours ago, Pearl said:

Nicole's old age is a factor because she's been doing this for years now and it's beyond played out. The character has been stuck in this wash, rinse, repeat cycle of bed hopping, cheating, and home-wrecking. It's not entertaining to watch and I don't find her rootable. At some point she needs to grow up and do some self reflecting.  She's a 50 year old woman acting like a horny teenager, chasing after a new man every other month all while being an absentee mother. Two months after Eric left she started an emotional affair with Rafe. Six months after Eric left, she cheated on him with his worst enemy, Xander. (Lol at that being considered "celibate for ages". Then she betrayed her "good friend" Ava by sleeping with Rafe on her work desk. Trashy and classless behavior. Now we're on round 4 of chem-less EJ/Nicole. We've seen multiple rounds of Eric/Nicole and chem-less Brady/Nicole. She's been with Rafe, Xander, Lucas, Victor, and Roman. What else or should I say "who else" is left for this woman to do. It's all so repetitive and pathetic to me.

I agree, age does matters when it comes to decisions, actions/behavior, and coping techniques. It's one thing when someone in their teens or twenties lacks experience and maturity, but Nicole is old enough to know that sex is not the answer to her problems.  I don't find her rootable either.  Aside from often being a nosy harpy, butting into other people's business like the next Julie Williams, she has a long history of making poor choices.  The drunken affair with her nemesis Zander was a perfect example of the later.  So many better ways to solve a communication problem with the husband she told to leave the country in the first place.  And it's pretty sad when it seems like the once "I'll give my baby to my next new favorite person" twentysomething Allie now seems like a more responsible and attentive mother than Nicole does.  

I'm also 100% with you on the chemistry-less EJ and Nicole. Not that I think nuEJ has chemistry with anyone, I also find AZ to lack romantic chemistry with the long list of males she's been paired with as well. On that note, don't forget to add Daniel to the list. (I know, I know, we'd all like to forget him.) I suppose Nicole could try Ben, Jake, or Chad. I don't think she's hopped in bed with them....yet. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, tribeca said:

If Brady has no injuries why is he still in the hospital?

It's not every day the hospital finds itself with a ham that's big enough to feed everyone at one Holiday sitting!  

He should be moved to the cafeteria refrigerator soon, where he'll keep better till Christmas.

• LOL 17

"Gee, I'm not sure if I ever went into the pub and bought the food or got drunk... instead of oh, going to the pub and asking the person who was working that night if they saw me buy food or served me, let's keep talking about it and think that a credit card statement is all we need." - Brady and his legal counsel

Also, when did Susan turn into Anelle from Steel Magnolias? I was waiting for her to bust out "My work is too poofy when I'm nervous!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Have never been a huge Cin fan but I do like Ciara here.  It’s interesting that she known most of the people in this storyline her whole life.  She has to sense this is not how Marlena usually acts.  

Yea, this is the most likable Ciara has been in ages. It makes sense that she would question all of this and it actually makes sense that Ben wouldn't so it's like a sensical spat for them to have, so good for the writers lol.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ben and MarDevil were this close to the sex they've been headed towards for years now. Ciara's right - it IS creepy. I'm so sick of it/them.

Also this. I actually wondered if they might have MarDevil fuck Ben tbh. That seems very Ron.

1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

"Gee, I'm not sure if I ever went into the pub and bought the food or got drunk... instead of oh, going to the pub and asking the person who was working that night if they saw me buy food or served me, let's keep talking about it and think that a credit card statement is all we need." - Brady and his legal counsel

Seriously! Like why are they not talking to the bartender/waiters from that night? Why not check the security footage? I mean, I'm sure Phillip somehow paid them all off and wiped the footage or something because he's suddenly a mastermind but still it's ridiculous for no one to even think to do this stuff.

• Love 10

I know they won't, but if ever there's a time they could go there, now (during Mardevil) would be the moment for MEN...or would it be Barlena? It would make things super awkward for them afterwards (like once Marlena was herself again, not "afterwards" as in Mardevil is smoking a cigarette and Ben is there with his abs on display saying, "Wow, I didn't know an older woman could do that"), but it would be hilarious. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I know they won't, but if ever there's a time they could go there, now (during Mardevil) would be the moment for MEN...or would it be Barlena? It would make things super awkward for them afterwards (like once Marlena was herself again, not "afterwards" as in Mardevil is smoking a cigarette and Ben is there with his abs on display saying, "Wow, I didn't know an older woman could do that"), but it would be hilarious. 

Especially if they followed it up by having Ben lean over and say, in that weird accent of his, "What's up, Doc"?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Pearl said:

Nicole's old age is a factor because she's been doing this for years now and it's beyond played out. The character has been stuck in this wash, rinse, repeat cycle of bed hopping, cheating, and home-wrecking. It's not entertaining to watch and I don't find her rootable. At some point she needs to grow up and do some self reflecting.  She's a 50 year old woman acting like a horny teenager, chasing after a new man every other month all while being an absentee mother. Two months after Eric left she started an emotional affair with Rafe. Six months after Eric left, she cheated on him with his worst enemy, Xander. (Lol at that being considered "celibate for ages". The only person on this show who has been "celibate for ages" is Chloe. Poor woman hasn't gotten any since Deimos and that was six years ago. They don't even imply that she has sex.) Then she betrayed her "good friend" Ava by sleeping with Rafe on her work desk. Trashy and classless behavior. Now we're on round 4 of chem-less EJ/Nicole. We've seen multiple rounds of Eric/Nicole and chem-less Brady/Nicole. She's been with Rafe, Xander, Lucas, Victor, and Roman. What else or should I say "who else" is left for this woman to do. It's all so repetitive and pathetic to me.

The character has grown up. She’s grown up so much, that many on this board, were saying she was boring and had been neutered. I like it because she does still make mistakes, but she does try to learn from them. She’s helping to raise a kid that’s not even hers - Henry. The only reason she and Rafe aren’t together is because she’s trying to do right by her friend (the only reason the sex happened was because Rafe told her he and Ava were over. If Rafe had his way he’d have dumped Ava ten different times by now.) Like I already said in a previous post, she’s not an absentee mother. Unless all the other various parents who don’t spend time with their kids on-screen are also absentee. I also don’t consider being involved with two separate men currently chasing after a man every month. LOL, I don’t know what you consider “ages” but I consider - especially on a soap - someone not having sex for close to a year being celibate for ages. I highly doubt Chloe hasn’t had sex in six years. Before she left the last time, she and Lucas were together. Currently, she’s with Phillip.

You may think EJ/Nicole don’t have chemistry, but there are plenty of others who think both versions have chemistry to spare. How long has Nicole been on this show? I find it odd to act like a woman who’s probably been on the show  (off and on) for over twenty years, having various partners (many of the ones you listed weren’t real relationships) is the skank of the century. How many men has Chloe been with? Kate? Sami? Gabi? Not to mention some of the male characters and their rotating partners. For one example, EJ - who has been on for a shorter amount of time than Nicole - has been with Sami, Nicole, Abigail, Nicole’s sister. As for how many others can she go through? I don’t know. There’s still Abe (though she considers him a father figure so that’s unlikely), Theo, Eli, Tripp, Chad, Tony, Shawn-Douglas, Phillip, Steve, Justin, Ben, Johnny, Jack, Jake. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 11

Kate laying into Chloe about cheating was ridiculous. Kate has cheated, slept with half the Dimera family. It was just a couple months she was faking blindness and doing anything to hold onto Jake.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Belle looked like she did not believe s word Brady was saying.  

Brady had a kid with Kristen and even brought her over to John and Marlena's place for Mother's Day. He's kind of.....unbelievable.

But yeah, I think it's clear Brady is being set up. Maybe Belle is just upset over the fact her ex might be dead.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Kate laying into Chloe about cheating was ridiculous. Kate has cheated, slept with half the Dimera family. It was just a couple months she was faking blindness and doing anything to hold onto Jake.

Ron loves writing histrionics. Any excuse will do.

Speaking of which, Jesus H Christ Susan Shut Up! Good God. That high pitch voice....wtf is that? Eileen never did it that annoyingly.

And no, Ron/writers - Susan hasn't had the gift of premonition her whole life. Not by a long shot. You gave her that. It's relatively new.

This version of Susan is driving me up the wall. She used to have a brain and decent fashion sense - somewhat. Now it's like she's on drugs 24/7. Argh!

• Love 9

Brady, the credit card receipt is just the amount. You should have a copy of the receipt in your wallet or pocket. Can't imagine he'd spend $72 on food at the pub if he is just bringing dinner to his dad. $20-30 maybe.

Kate is overdoing it a bit. Chloe hasn't been cheating. Her son had some weird jealousy over Chloe and Brady. That is is. She was not seeing Brady, he was not going with her to the Salem Inn.

At least Brady is remembering bits and pieces. Theresa would have a record of his call to Tate.

Mardevil sure was overacting about Ciara and Ben needing to stay at the cabin to protect her from John. She is right in a way. At least Ciara escaped and went back home to go to her medical appointment. Gabriel just left?

Susan was too much screeching today. Have your premonition but half the town doesn't need to hear about it.

I did half expect Mardevil to make a pass at Ben Weston.

• Love 6

I have to say I actually did LOL when they had Kate walk into the room at the police station and the leg was covered with a sheet like it was an actual body.   That whole thing was so cheesy and overdone I couldn't accept it.  It's a prosthetic leg!  It isn't an actual human body part.  I get that tit MAY be evidence that Philip has met with foul play, but come on, WAY over-the-top on the DRAMA.

And I forgot to mention last episode, what the hell was Melinda Trask doing at the river when they found the leg?  Does she just follow the police around like paparazzi in case they MIGHT find evidence of some crime?  Does she listen in on her police scanner so she can show up at random scenes?  Do the writers really think the DA, of all people, is around when they're collecting evidence?  That's not how it works.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The character has grown up. She’s grown up so much, that many on this board, were saying she was boring and had been neutered. I like it because she does still make mistakes, but she does try to learn from them. She’s helping to raise a kid that’s not even hers - Henry. The only reason she and Rafe aren’t together is because she’s trying to do right by her friend (the only reason the sex happened was because Rafe told her he and Ava were over. If Rafe had his way he’d have dumped Ava ten different times by now.) Like I already said in a previous post, she’s not an absentee mother. Unless all the other various parents who don’t spend time with their kids on-screen are also absentee. I also don’t consider being involved with two separate men currently chasing after a man every month. LOL, I don’t know what you consider “ages” but I consider - especially on a soap - someone not having sex for close to a year being celibate for ages. I highly doubt Chloe hasn’t had sex in six years. Before she left the last time, she and Lucas were together. Currently, she’s with Phillip.

You may think EJ/Nicole don’t have chemistry, but there are plenty of others who think both versions have chemistry to spare. How long has Nicole been on this show? I find it odd to act like a woman who’s probably been on the show  (off and on) for over twenty years, having various partners (many of the ones you listed weren’t real relationships) is the skank of the century. How many men has Chloe been with? Kate? Sami? Gabi? Not to mention some of the male characters and their rotating partners. For one example, EJ - who has been on for a shorter amount of time than Nicole - has been with Sami, Nicole, Abigail, Nicole’s sister. As for how many others can she go through? I don’t know. There’s still Abe (though she considers him a father figure so that’s unlikely), Theo, Eli, Tripp, Chad, Tony, Shawn-Douglas, Phillip, Steve, Justin, Ben, Johnny, Jack, Jake. 

I don't care how many people think Nicole and EJ have chemistry. I don't. They are terrible together, both versions. I am completely over the character of Nicole and I don't care about her tired, repeated storylines. Not sure why it's such a big deal to call out Nicole for her shitty behavior or why the goal post is always moved when it comes to her character. People say Brady needs to be a father to his kids and stop having a new love of his life every year or that "old" Kate needs to stop being the welcome wagon to every new man that comes to Salem. For Nicole it's "she only slept with four men in the span of six months because she was sad. She only cheated on Eric once and only home-wrecked with Rafe because of a misunderstanding. She's not a bad mom for not seeing her kid onscreen, but everyone else is." As far as Chloe goes, she spent the last decade loveless and sexless and people still think she needs to be alone. She spent years folding napkins, giving advice, and taking care of Nicole's kid along with Parker. The last time she was shown having sex was Deimos. It was never shown or implied with Lucas or Philip. She outright rejected Philip the one time he tried. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm also 100% with you on the chemistry-less EJ and Nicole. Not that I think nuEJ has chemistry with anyone, I also find AZ to lack romantic chemistry with the long list of males she's been paired with as well. On that note, don't forget to add Daniel to the list. (I know, I know, we'd all like to forget him.)

Absolutely agree.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

If Brady has no injuries why is he still in the hospital?

Brady may not have physical injuries, but he definitely has some psychological “butt hurt “ injuries going on! Brady claiming  he must search for for Phillip because he’s worried about him, when actually, he’s more worried about himself. Sure, he’s right in thinking he had nothing to do with Philip’s disappearance .  However, legally, the whole thing is a bunch of BS. He has no authority or right interfering with a search the SPD should be doing. Don’t even get me started on his sister representing him.  Best council in town, lmao!
If he were truly being honest, he only wants to do this so Chloe will think he has nothing to do with it. He’s more worried about making things right with  her, so he can continue to pursue her.
Hope that happens because those two dimwits deserve to be together!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

I get that Ben feels obligated to Marlena but his first priority should be his wife and baby. 

ETA @Chellfairy hope you feel better soon  

I agree 100%! 
Never a CIN FAN, or a fan of Ben or Ciara! 
But I’m very much liking how Ciara is so very skeptical of this whole thing. Ben is an idiot for supporting Marlena over his so called True Love, soul partner wife!

Ciara needs to re-think her choice in serial killer hubs! I can’t believe I’m defending her, but when you’re right, you’re right!
{Thak you so very much for your well wishes with me and getting better.❤️ I live in MI, which is #1 covid cases in the US right now.} 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 5
On 12/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, boes said:

I'm so so sorry you're going through this.  I hope you get some improvement in how you're feeling, but please DO NOT worry one bit about how you post.  We all make those mistakes.

Just feel better.  

Thanks, Boes!! ❤️❤️

• Love 1

Whatever is happening to Brady, I'm so amused by it currently that I don't care how stupid it becomes as it all plays out.  This probably won't last long.  

Why is MarDevil trying to reason with Ben and Ciara when she can open doors by will, lock doors, turn into a panther, and turn others into cats?  Just lock the both of them in that godforsaken cabin and bring them food when she pleases.  So stupid.

Kate slapping Chloe AKA The Frozen Face Off.  If a Frozen Face slaps another and there is no one there to hear it, does it still make a sound?  This Botox's For You.  The only thing we have to freeze is the face itself.  Stick around, folks, I'll be here all night...

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Obviously, still can’t figure out how to combine posts🤦🏼‍♀️
Todays ep:

Loved Kate’s slap and words she had to say to Chloe. Sure, Chloe may not have deserved the slap, but Kate was not wrong reminding Chloe  she’s been toying w/Philip ( concerning Brady)since high school.

Giving Kate a pass on the slap since she thinks Philip is probably deceased.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Giving Kate a pass on the slap since she thinks Philip is probably deceased.

I get your point but I'm still really sick of the whole catfight, slap-first-talk-later trope soaps consistently use as the only way for women to express themselves.  Kate would have been just as cutting if she had simply read Chloe for filth rather than slap her.  Same with the whole Sami-Nicole catfight last week.  I'd really rather hear snappy dialog than see what seems to be the easy way out.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Pearl said:

I don't care how many people think Nicole and EJ have chemistry. I don't. They are terrible together, both versions. I am completely over the character of Nicole and I don't care about her tired, repeated storylines. Not sure why it's such a big deal to call out Nicole for her shitty behavior or why the goal post is always moved when it comes to her character. People say Brady needs to be a father to his kids and stop having a new love of his life every year or that "old" Kate needs to stop being the welcome wagon to every new man that comes to Salem. For Nicole it's "she only slept with four men in the span of six months because she was sad. She only cheated on Eric once and only home-wrecked with Rafe because of a misunderstanding. She's not a bad mom for not seeing her kid onscreen, but everyone else is." As far as Chloe goes, she spent the last decade loveless and sexless and people still think she needs to be alone. She spent years folding napkins, giving advice, and taking care of Nicole's kid along with Parker. The last time she was shown having sex was Deimos. It was never shown or implied with Lucas or Philip. She outright rejected Philip the one time he tried. 

I'm not sure who you're referring to when you're talking about Nicole getting special treatment or any goal posts being moved. Soap children aren't seen often, so I don't personally think any of them are bad parents for not seeing their children who are in town. The only person I have an issue with is Chloe letting her parents raise her child for no reason. You're far from the only person though who wonders where Holly is sometimes. Nicole does get called out on her behavior. I just have a problem with the slut-shaming on one particular character when we're talking about a genre where bed-hopping is a grand tradition and on a show where she is far from the only character with a laundry list of former partners. So what she slept with four men (one who was her husband at the time.) The only one it was a problem was Xander because she cheated on her husband. And, again, she's not homewrecking Rafe and Ava. When she and Rafe slept together, Rafe told her he and Ava were over. After Ava got out of the murder charges, it was Nicole who told Rafe to go back to Ava. Pointing out that they slept together because of a misunderstanding is. not moving a goalpost, it's just pointing out what happened on-screen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I get your point but I'm still really sick of the whole catfight, slap-first-talk-later trope soaps consistently use as the only way for women to express themselves.  Kate would have been just as cutting if she had simply read Chloe for filth rather than slap her.  Same with the whole Sami-Nicole catfight last week.  I'd really rather hear snappy dialog than see what seems to be the easy way out.  

Yeah, I get that. But a grieving mom.. with all that history between her son and Chloe- I understand it. 
I also wholeheartedly agree with the Sami/Nicole cat fights! So sick of that and seeing Sami lunge  on top of Nicole, (looking like the WWW fighter ) is just simply embarrassing for them both. Especially Sami..only because of her multiple infidelities  w/Lucas and lying about it! I was never an Ejami fan from the get, so when it comes down to it I’m cheering for Nu-EJ/Nicole

• Love 6

Was that really Ciara who showed up back at home when Shawn was there? Or was it Marlena?  This is the dumbest storyline, but I'm still trying to follow it... 

Also, it's nice to see Belle doing her husband's job? But I guess he does have to focus on the "victim" and she should focus on her client. Together they might have enough brain power to figure it out. We all know the rest of the Salem PD is worthless. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Was that really Ciara who showed up back at home when Shawn was there? Or was it Marlena? 

Yea, I'm wondering that, too. I figured at first that it was MarDevil, but the other times MarDevil changed and or/projected someone else, MarDevil herself was not around as well. Plus, Ciara had changed clothes and I'm pretty sure the other times the person was wearing the same clothes they had on previously. So, I think it's probably actually Ciara. But it's still possible that it's MarDevil and the devil has just gotten better at it.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I'm wondering that, too. I figured at first that it was MarDevil, but the other times MarDevil changed and or/projected someone else, MarDevil herself was not around as well. Plus, Ciara had changed clothes and I'm pretty sure the other times the person was wearing the same clothes they had on previously. So, I think it's probably actually Ciara. But it's still possible that it's MarDevil and the devil has just gotten better at it.

Right! She changed and her hair was less messy (I think), and the next scene had Marlena still with Ben in the cabin - but I still wasn't sure!

• Love 6

One of the reasons that comparing Nicole's bed hopping to others' doesn't work for me is that you know going into any scene that Gabi knows what she is doing and is using sex as power. Nicole just seems to fall into bed without any real thought as to if it is a good idea or not. That is what she never seems to learn from. She usually ends up hurt or  Sami-slapped. I think that it is her spontaneity, and then usually regret that makes it hard for me to root for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, nilyank said:

Tripp left in 2019 to go to medical school in California (I think at Stanford). With the time jump, he came back to Salem in 2020 our time (2021 Salem time) and transfered Salem University. Medical school is 4 years. He could be finishing his 3rd year and going into his last year. When he graduates, he can become a resident so that Kayla isn't the only doctor at Salem U Hospital.

When did he get his prerequisites before starting med school? 
no, it doesn’t add up, not even on a soap.

How old is he? 

1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

How old is he? 

I think he's 12 - but a very precocious 12.

Next year he'll be able to go on the Disney World rides without an adult!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

How old is he? 

We found that he had graduated from Arizona University before he even met Steve and Kayla. He started to shadow and work her when he told her that he wanted to become a doctor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Does Shawn really think it's a good idea to approach Mardevil in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere w/out back-up?  I mean, it worked out so well for him back in town at his grandparents' house at Thanksgiving. 🙄 

Why is Rafe sitting around town square causally talking gossip and personal life with Lucas and kissing Nicole when the devil is on the loose and Philip Kiriakis's leg is on his interrogation room table?  

15 hours ago, Pearl said:

I don't care how many people think Nicole and EJ have chemistry. I don't. They are terrible together, both versions. I am completely over the character of Nicole and I don't care about her tired, repeated storylines. 

Same here. And after today's episode, I think the show agrees that there is no real love there between Nicole and EJ. 

When a character who is a few sandwiches short of a picnic like Susan nails the problem, well...like she said, get over yourself Elvis!  That might have been the best line of the day (my hubs even busted out laughing).  Lucas nailed it too when he said Nicole getting back with EJ will work out for her as well as him taking a drink.  Lots of good dialogue and conversations today. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4