Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Bad: Everybody ready to dump Doug in the loony bin. Shame on you Kayla

Unless Doug was being actually violent with the hospital staff I REALLY don't see how Kayla could sedate him against both his AND Julie's objections.   And, for the record, a psychiatrist can't just recommend someone be committed against their will and bingo, it just happens.

• Love 14
On 10/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Boring Abigail has some hubris thinking she can “act” and play Marlena. What hog wash! She is ridiculous. 

Same with Allie in the casting of her mom, Sami! Can’t see it at all 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 2

So my questions are:

Doesn't Chanel own her own bakery? Why did she need to use Lanis oven?

What the heck is Florida Lime Pie, and how is it so different from Key Lime Pie?

(great, now I'm craving pie..)

Edited by katycat74
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, katycat74 said:

So my questions are:

What the heck is Florida Lime Pie, and how is it so different from Key Lime Pie?

Same here: Chanel owns a bakery!  Why didnt she make it there?  And I LOVE Key Lime Pie :) but I have never heard of Florida Lime pie.  And I was totally distracted by Paulina's chomping down on food while talking to Abe at the same time!  How Rude :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do. It's creamy, a little sweet and a little tart. Better than lemon merengue.

I love Key Lime Pie!  So good on a Hot Summer night.

19 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Boo to Rafe and Ava for interrupting EJ and Nicole’s date. Throw that damn bear away, Nicole!

Noooo! :)  I love Duke, he's more charming than some of the human characters :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/2/2021 at 9:57 PM, Frozendiva said:
  On 10/2/2021 at 2:23 AM, DisneyBoy said:

THANK YOU! Why'd they even do a close-up if he clearly can't play or even fake playing? It's like they want the show to come off worse than it has to sometimes...

Yes !  Thank you , thank you!! It’s one of my pet peeves! As a violinist, any “fake” playing of any instrument is unacceptable. If you’re going to go there, at least have the common decency to NOT do a close up!!  
Ughhhh!!🤦🏼‍♀️😖

• Love 3
2 hours ago, katycat74 said:

So my questions are:

Well, we’ve NEVER EVER have seen the “bakery. Only the outside freebie tasting! 
and I think Florida key lime is key lime with a shortbread crust,, or flour crust. Not graham Cramer.😂🤷‍♀️

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 2

Nice of EJ to leave the expensive wine for Rafe and Ava. Salem is a small city and chances are that you will see folks you know at restaurants. One also does not throw $300 plus in cash on the table to pay for the wine or whatever they ate.

Abigail wants to be in the movie? Really? Doesn't she already have a job? Chad will now finance it?

I get Chanel not wanting to use a commercial oven for one pie, but she does have access to her own business to bake a pie. I don't know the difference between a Florida lime pie and a Key lime pie. If it is just the crust, don't eat the crust!

Nicole gave EJ some good advice. She has lost Eric and not Rafe. Let his relationship with Ava run its course.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

You don’t remember no one has plates and everyone just grabs forks and has shared pie. 

This!  What is WRONG with these people?  So at the end they just end up with a pie plate full of crust?  Then what was the point of trashing graham cracker crust if you weren't going to eat it anyway?  (Clearly, this is deeply triggering to me😄)

• LOL 11
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

My question is why is Nicole acting like losing Rafe is the thing she is trying to get over when she just lost her decades long relationship with Eric? And I loathed Erik but geez this is dumb af

Carlivati must have gotten the latest " prop up this character " mandate from Corday. We all know this man has quite a bizarre lovefest for Rafe. 

• Love 7

I am still incensed that Paulina would just say I HATE KEY LIME PIE to somebody she knows just specially baked one for her. Who does that??  Especially since in her case she still likes the main bit, just not the crust. Normal people would just say thank you and eat around it. Geez

Hey when somebody is arrested in Salem and they are handcuffed to the desk (Eve, Kristen now Xander) are they stuck there 24/7 ? How do they pee? Eat?

Edited by brisbydog
edit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

My question is why is Nicole acting like losing Rafe is the thing she is trying to get over when she just lost her decades long relationship with Eric? And I loathed Erik but geez this is dumb af

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole gave EJ some good advice. She has lost Eric and not Rafe. Let his relationship with Ava run its course.

2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Carlivati must have gotten the latest " prop up this character " mandate from Corday. We all know this man has quite a bizarre lovefest for Rafe. 

No kidding!  Even when EJ was asking Nicole out (when Brady butted in), I was surprised Nicole didn't say she's still raw over her failed relationship with Eric (who some might say is the love of her life). Instead, the past few episodes have all been about Nicole trying to distance herself/feelings from RAFE?!  Get outta here!!!

• Love 12

My question is why is Nicole acting like losing Rafe is the thing she is trying to get over when she just lost her decades long relationship with Eric?

Actually it makes complete sense in this universe: once a character 'permanently' leaves the canvas, no one ever mentions him/her again. Now in a year or two if Eric returns, then Nicole will remember he is in fact the love of her life, not Rafe. /s

Hey when somebody is arrested in Salem and they are handcuffed to the desk (Eve, Kristen now Xander) are they stuck there 24/7 ? How do they pee? Eat?

If people can be buried alive and none of those bodily functions are addressed, then being handcuffed to a desk for a day is no big deal!

Unless Doug was being actually violent with the hospital staff I REALLY don't see how Kayla could sedate him against both his AND Julie's objections.   And, for the record, a psychiatrist can't just recommend someone be committed against their will and bingo, it just happens

Right? Ah soap medical practices strike again!

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

So apparently Maggie was gone getting some questionable plastic surgery. At least she got herself a new wig, albeit still not age-appropriate.

There's an interview in the Behind the Scenes forum that explains that Suzanne Rogers had been in the hospital due to swallowing a pill the wrong way, last November, and had a long recovery. She's wearing a wig now on the show, because her natural hair was in curlers when she was taken to hospital, and badly damaged when they removed the curlers.   

Whether she's had plastic surgery or not, of course, wasn't mentioned, but I agree she did look a bit different.  Maybe gained some weight?

Edited by buffynut
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Reading a recap today made me so glad I stopped watching. I do not need a stupid soap opera to start a PSA telling people to get "flu" shots, for crying out loud. They don't get it both ways - have people coming back from the dead and levitating demonic possession, and now you want reality?????

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Yesterday pie, today muffins.  Guess no one is giving up carbs.   
Was really hoping Jake would choke on that muffin. 
Brady trolled Phillip perfectly.  Of course Chloe thinks she’s the most beautiful woman in the world.  
   Does anyone who dates Zander lose brain cells?   That plan was horrible.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved the flu shot PSA. It felt so vintage lol.

It did! Even more so since they used one of their classic 80s cornerstone couples. Bonus points because the characters involved would definitely have those viewpoints. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I really thought that was going to go in a different directions.   So glad it didn’t.  

I thought it was going to become a long term storyline or something. I’m glad it was solved in one episode. Overall, it was random and weird. Part about COVID and part just about the flu shot.

Also, it was nice to see Richard Steinmetz as the judge. I was taken aback that he was older looking just like me. LOL!!! Although, he’s still soap opera good looking. He’s got it still.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The show recorded today. No weird error message popping up. Maybe the glitch is fixed, maybe I have left a couple of things on the DVR so if there is a faulty part of the disk drive, maybe it's covered. Who knows.

What is it with first pie and now muffins? Can't imagine that Ava scooped out a pumpkin and then turned it in to muffins. Must have used a can of pumpkin. Rafe thinks EJ poisoned the wine and Gabi thinks Ava poisoned the muffins.

Nice to see Maggie back. Maybe Summer is now done and dusted and no mention of her.

Victor wants Brady and Chloe together? What is wrong with Philip? Brady still has to deal with Kristen. Philip, how can you fire Gabi and make her sign away her company to you?

The flu shot PSA was odd. Guess with Covid, people should get both shots. I suppose Steve would be the right demographic for the older adults. Should be someone youngish for the younger ones.

I liked Ava's dress. Gabi's looked a little summery for October.

I also liked Justin embracing his Kiriakis side. Wonder if the judge will agree to drop some charges. Gwen did a good job with the slimy judge. The actress had good lipstick.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Philip, how can you fire Gabi and make her sign away her company to you?

Gabi and her horny toad of a boyfriend so deserve this! I was thrilled when Phillip dropped the bomb on her. Just because Gabi couldn't find another way to get back at the DiMeras she wanted to take away Phillip's job - getting his own father to fire him. And she had a grand ole time doing it. Phillip not only did nothing to her, but he tried to be a friend to her. 

I definitely thought the flu vaccine thing was weird. On the one hand, I think it's good for some entertainment shows to preach about the importance of vaccines, but considering this show's writers I was cringing on how they'd handle it. I figured it would be a one episode thing, but I wasn't expecting it to be over so quickly. Steve protested only slightly, Kayla lectured him, and that was it. Steve's reason wasn't even that weird (my husband hasn't gotten a flu shot before for the same reason.) And, I thought it was weird that Kayla didn't know he'd never gotten the vaccine before. It seemed like she had a specific reason why she asked Steve if he knew what was signing up for - like she knew his feelings about it - but then she's surprised even though she's been with him off and on for a million years.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, buffynut said:

There's an interview in the Behind the Scenes forum that explains that Suzanne Rogers had been in the hospital due to swallowing a pill the wrong way, last November, and had a long recovery. She's wearing a wig now on the show, because her natural hair was in curlers when she was taken to hospital, and badly damaged when they removed the curlers.   

Whether she's had plastic surgery or not, of course, wasn't mentioned, but I agree she did look a bit different.  Maybe gained some weight?

She’s been wearing a wig for a long time. This one just looks better but still too long and youthful. And her face is smoother than a babies butt. Whether or not it’s due to fillers even, there  is still plastic surgery there. No ones face looks like that in there 80’s. It’s jarring. It takes me out of the scene. I don’t think I’ll ever see the day where most elderly actresses are allowed to be naturally beautiful. Hopefully one day These  plastic surgery procedures will be done with forever. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I haven’t gotten a flu shot. Some people have an egg allergy so they can’t get it.

I never get one. They are never sure if the formulation is going to work well on the current strain anyway.  Keeps hands away from face. Wash often Try to keep a distance from others. Stay away from children, they are little contamination devices😊

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Thank G00dness that awful retcon daughter of Maggie's got killed off !!!! 

Did you forget what show you were watching? Since when does that mean anything?? But, yes, I agree that it was past time to get rid of that waste of a character and a disgrace that they did that to Maggie.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I never get one. They are never sure if the formulation is going to work well on the current strain anyway.  Keeps hands away from face. Wash often Try to keep a distance from others. Stay away from children, they are little contamination devices😊

If you take public transit, you are doomed. Sick kids, sick adults all in a germ box. Maybe not the flu but some other bug. Eventually you will be sick. Same with coworkers, going to the grocery store or mall, etc.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The flu shot PSA was odd. Guess with Covid, people should get both shots. I suppose Steve would be the right demographic for the older adults. Should be someone youngish for the younger ones.

Because they never acknowledged the pandemic they can't actually mention Covid.   I really think this was just someone's way of trying to say that vaccines are safe and you should get them.  

What I appreciated is that they aren't trying to pretend that Steve is still some young guy.  They clearly stated that his target demographic is 65+.  People age.  Even characters on soaps should be allowed to age at some point before age 90.  I also think it's great that both he and Kayla look at least somewhat age appropriate (though still VERY attractive) without either one of them being obviously plumped, pulled and plastic.  (If either one has had work, it's VERY good.)

• Love 16
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Because they never acknowledged the pandemic they can't actually mention Covid.   I really think this was just someone's way of trying to say that vaccines are safe and you should get them.  

Yea, that was definitely what they were going for without being able to actually say it since they are (thankfully imo) pretending this is a non-Covid universe. I like to think maybe it was also a dig at the cast members that are unvaccinated lol.

Gabi is insufferable. I'm so annoyed they've ruined her for me, all for bland ass Jake. What a waste. I'm hoping maybe this is leading to Jake getting sent to prison (even if he didn't actually do it lol) and off the show. 

The stuff with the judge is all very stupid but I enjoy the characters so it works for me.

• Love 9

Why would Gabi care if Jake used to be a hitman for the mob? Hell, you'd think this would make him even more attractive in her mind. This is Gabi we're talking about.

DA Trask needs to move to another city who takes the law a bit more seriously if she's ever to get a decent night's sleep.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

She’s been wearing a wig for a long time. This one just looks better but still too long and youthful. And her face is smoother than a babies butt. Whether or not it’s due to fillers even, there  is still plastic surgery there. No ones face looks like that in there 80’s. It’s jarring. It takes me out of the scene. I don’t think I’ll ever see the day where most elderly actresses are allowed to be naturally beautiful. Hopefully one day These  plastic surgery procedures will be done with forever. 

Just be thankful DOOL didn't film the plastic surgery and make it part of Maggie's plotline.  [If in fact the actress did have plastic surgery. ]  As a kid, I saw the actress who portrayed Katherine Chancellor on Y&R undergo a real life plastic surgery onscreen as part of her storyline. Creeeeepy!

40 minutes ago, RedElf said:

I knew the whole judge thing was going to backfire.

I hope Chloe dumps Philip after finding out what he's doing to Gabi.

I haven't watched today's show yet...but at the cost of sounding like a 6 year old:  Gabi started it first.  As someone upthread posted, Phillip has been a friend to her and she repays him by trying to oust him as CEO in his own family's company!  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, chediavolo said:

She's not elderly I do think Melissa Reeves has aged naturally if she had work done I don't notice it.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's not elderly I do think Melissa Reeves has aged naturally if she had work done I don't notice it.

Unfortunately elderly is defined as over 65 which I definitely do not think is elderly!!🙂And she’s almost 80 so….elderly is not a bad word. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 3