Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Judge Smails, Ron? Really?

pal GIF

If he's going to make the reference, then this storyline better culminate with a golf match at Bushwood where EJ has to win his money back.  Bonus points if someone pulls a nine iron out of EJ's ass at the end. 

• LOL 10
5 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Judge Smails, Ron? Really?

pal GIF

If he's going to make the reference, then this storyline better culminate with a golf match at Bushwood where EJ has to win his money back.  Bonus points if someone pulls a nine iron out of EJ's ass at the end. 

Now THAT is a storyline I would love!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I know a lot of you guys can't stand Ben, but my "wish they'd get rid of him" character is Jake.  The longer he's on, the more his fake accent, and smirk, annoy me.  

Back to Ben, and Cin, I do wish they'd get out of their bubble and interact with other characters.  But maybe, and I don't know how long VK filmed, or if she's still filming, but wonder if they taped tons of scenes between the 2 of them when she was available, so that they've have something to air during her absences?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

That would make sense...but they never do that 🙄 A 7-month lead time and they've never done that kind of planning, AFAIK. Except maybe with Joe's final scenes...I'm not sure exactly what was filmed in anticipation of days to come.

You're probably right that VK had a block of days free so they filmed a ton with just Cin rather than try to write in other characters, whose portrayers might have less flexibility.

• Love 3

Jordan went crazy too, and she didn't have the Weston genes, so the Weston insanity must be contagious.

Uh, Rafe, your girlfriend is a murderer.

Don't count on Justin getting you out of jail.

Is it corporate espionage if it's being conducted by somebody who works for the corporation?

If they want to bring in a recast, why do they decide to do a complete 180 degrees on his character?  I really detest the way they're writing EJ.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Jordan went crazy too, and she didn't have the Weston genes, so the Weston insanity must be contagious.

Sadly, I'm afraid when it spreads to Ciara we won't be able to notice a difference.  Sane or insane, she's a pain in the ass. Their kid being wacko could be nature or nurture. Probably both. 

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I know a lot of you guys can't stand Ben, but my "wish they'd get rid of him" character is Jake.  The longer he's on, the more his fake accent, and smirk, annoy me.  

If I'm being honest, I don't actually mind Ben as much as I do Ciara. Not only is she a disappointment as the only female offspring of Hope and Bo, but she's annoying as all hell. 

Strangely, I tolerate Ben and Jake when they are together. But when Jake's around just about any love interest, his brain goes straight to his dick and he becomes a moron. 

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

If they want to bring in a recast, why do they decide to do a complete 180 degrees on his character?  I really detest the way they're writing EJ.

I think there are some characters (really any character that's been well established) that should not be recast and EJ is one of them as James Scott defined that role. And I also hate when they re-write characters (and history) when they recast them.  Like EJ's line today about Nicole being his favorite ex-wife. Gee I don't remember that all the times EJ played by JS reminded Nicole about how she tricked him w/a fake pregnancy and was still pretty peeved years afterwards.  And on that note, the EJ/Nicole boat sailed long ago. I wish they'd leave it out to sea. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Seriously. He is intolerable. And I'm SO pissed he ruined Gabi for me.

I actually really enjoyed this ep. I didn't fast forward anything.

Xander and Gwen holding hands basically the entire time had me awwing tbh. I'm starting to really like them.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don’t mind Ben or Cin… I mind the way everyone in Salem reacts to Ben and Cin. If Salemites in general treated Ben like a serial killer instead of a woobie, I’d have no issue since I enjoy the actor and see chemistry in the couple. 

Jake just run of the mill sucks, which is quite different. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Jake is an idiot.    Even Brady sees through his fake act.  

Yes! Agree! Even stupid ass Brady saw through Jakey boy!! It’s the first time in quite a long long , and I mean longggg time I ❤️‘D Brady. Finally..an intelligent opinion from the guy. 
Cannot  say I’m hopeful it will last . Guy’s way too blinded  Chloe/Philip to keep this persona going on.

As far as climbing Jake..can’t stand him. Has nothing to do with Gabi. Although she’s an asshole wanting anything to do with the nut ball!

Loving Ava right now!! 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love new EJ. I wasn't watching when old EJ was around though so maybe that helps.

I'm down for EJ/Nicole. They can have a fling and then him and Abigail can have an affair.

I had just started watching again as the Sami/EJ wedding was being planned and Abigail was pretending to be Sami's friend, when Sami knew she'd slept with EJ.  Because Sami was the only character I was familiar with, I was on her side, and hated EJ and Abigail.  Then shortly after EJ was "killed", so I really never knew got to know EJ.

Therefore, I also like nu-EJ.  I also like the chemistry between him and Nicole, and would prefer that pairing to Nicole and Rafe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love new EJ. I wasn't watching when old EJ was around though so maybe that helps.

I'm down for EJ/Nicole. They can have a fling and then him and Abigail can have an affair.

I LOVED JS’ EJ, but I’m enjoying NuEJ more than I thought I would. I think I’m trying not to compare them because from what I’ve read here, there is no way in hell JS will ever return.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I found James Scott's EJ devious but passionate. He knew how to play EJ threatening, but he also knew how to play him playful. There were little eye rolls and looks that he'd flash at times with Sami, and their chemistry was palpable.  He could be ruthless, but he loved his kids and accepted Sami in a way no one else did.

I don't blame JS for giving Days the middle finger and saying good-bye to Hollywood. The Powers That Be screwed over EJami fans and wrote them crap storylines that propped Kate Mansi the last year both JS and AS were on contract.  Maybe if the show wouldn't have blown it with him, they would have better options. Heck JS and AS went on a nighttime show, carefully dodging copyright issues, just to give their fans a treat after their departure. But Days sure likes to burn its bridges. (Like how they drove Kristin Alfonso away as well without a character wrap up.)  

I've tried to give NuEJ a chance, but with his constant pouting and the way he walks around like he has the worst case of hemorrhoids, he's not winning me over. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I had just started watching again as the Sami/EJ wedding was being planned and Abigail was pretending to be Sami's friend, when Sami knew she'd slept with EJ.  Because Sami was the only character I was familiar with, I was on her side, and hated EJ and Abigail.  Then shortly after EJ was "killed", so I really never knew got to know EJ.

Be thankful for that because EJ was a disgusting rapist who used his children with Sami in order to control her. He never loved Sami, he wanted to possess her just like Stefano in regards to Marlena.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I don't blame JS for giving Days the middle finger and saying good-bye to Hollywood. The Powers That Be screwed over EJami fans and wrote them crap storylines that propped Kate Mansi the last year both JS and AS were on contract.  Maybe if the show wouldn't have blown it with him, they would have better options.

TPTB screwed over viewers who don't want to see a rapist with his victim first.  Every couple goes through crap like this if they're on long enough.

But DOOL isn't responsible for James Scott to go off and create his cult, err meditate.

I'm somewhat adjusting to this new EJ.  The old one had too much baggage for me.

Let me know if EJ and Abigail have an affair.  I'm all for them. 

Jake might suck right now but I think BB is a far better actor than RSW. And usually a better actor means there's the opportunity for a character to be salvaged.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why would nuEJ be so bound by James Scott’s version?  EJ was brought back from the dead, which means he lost his memory, then disfigured in the fire.  We’ve been told several times throughout the years how difficult his rehabilitation was.  For all of the flaws of this Show, I don’t see why EJ couldn’t be more of an asshole with less of the charm.

Also, someone “rewriting” history isn’t all that unusual.  I chuckled when EJ referred to Nicole as his favorite ex-wife, as it’s mostly because he’s so pissed at Sami right now.  He definitely wouldn’t be saying that if things were good with Sami.  

Really enjoyed the EJ/Nicole scenes.  I love it when two people can banter like that.

Brady calling out Jake was hilarious.  Jake just sucks so badly.  I feel bad for Brandon Barash, because he was so good on GH and I actually liked him as Stefan.

Dear Ava, please go back to twirling your mustache and help Philip to take down Gabi and Jake.  Amen.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Jake might suck right now but I think BB is a far better actor than RSW. And usually a better actor means there's the opportunity for a character to be salvaged.

Oh yea, BB is a far better actor. I love BB and was so happy when he came on but they just have never utilized him properly imo. Like he started out fine, as both Stefan and Jake actually, but then it just went off the rails. For me, I think the only way they could try to make Jake work now is to get him away from Gabi.

• Love 6

No comments for today yet. Yikes lol.

Another good ep for me. 

I feel like all the sex worker stuff is being played for laughs and like I am laughing but also like it's 2021, is this really what we wanna be doing, Ron? 

But still, I've grown very fond of Xander/Gwen, which sucks because that's not gonna last lol.

I continue to enjoy the hell outta EJ and him and Nicole going on a date solely to stick it to Sami, who hasn't been in contact with anyone for like a month, is hilarious to me.

I also enjoy Phillip and Ava together. I'm not opposed to them hooking up. Also, I hope they annihilate Jake.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh yea, BB is a far better actor. I love BB and was so happy when he came on but they just have never utilized him properly imo. Like he started out fine, as both Stefan and Jake actually, but then it just went off the rails. For me, I think the only way they could try to make Jake work now is to get him away from Gabi.

I think they should've stuck with Jake/Gwen tbh I liked both of them a lot more back then and they could've had Stefan brought back for Gabi. If Ben is allowed to be a romantic lead I don't think Stefan is worse tbh.

Speaking of Gwen seeing pearl clutching over her being a possible sex worker is just laughable in this day and age where there are no real societal norms that seem to matter to anyone. Jack of all people wouldn't be that outraged considering his history with hookers. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also enjoy Phillip and Ava together. I'm not opposed to them hooking up. Also, I hope they annihilate Jake.

I am totally indifferent to Jake, so he does not bother to be honest.  I just don't like his influence over Gabi who has become so pathetic, a damn shame! 

If the show wanted somebody to take over for Sami, it should have been Gabi. Ciara is another character who could have been the  resident bad girl  from a legacy family but that ship has sailed. I would give anything to have her get on a ship with her serial killer husband and disappear for good.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

EJ and Sami have their own Wikipedia page, but EJ and Nicole don't.  They just have their own individual pages. 

There is no way Jack should have told Abigail about Gwen being a prostitute.

Paul Telfer's Scottish accent came out there in the Gwen scene.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Paul Telfer's Scottish accent came out there in the Gwen scene.

I wasn't watching when Xander first appeared in Salem, and I can't recall the show addressing it...but what accent is Xander supposed to have?  Or they claiming he's "from Greece" Greek? Or a person of Greek heritage who grew up in X country?  

2 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I wasn't watching when Xander first appeared in Salem, and I can't recall the show addressing it...but what accent is Xander supposed to have?  Or they claiming he's "from Greece" Greek? Or a person of Greek heritage who grew up in X country?  

I believe that he's supposed to be English on his mother's side.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jake's a moron, he made even Brady catch on.

Abby in her boho flowers dress should not be sitting down and having tea with her father. This is where KMs Abby would fit better.  Abby should be a lot more angry and not even sitting for a conversation where Jack is saying things like "your sister".

• Love 6

I caught up on the two days of filler.

So Judge Smails is crooked. What else is new? Bonnie behaving badly in jail? Two murders? Justin coming to rescue Xander?

Jack, it's not your place to tell daughter B that daughter A was a prostitute back in the day. You have zero evidence except for Gwen's story. You are a reporter. Also, Gwen is not exactly known for telling the truth about much. 

Gwen, offering up yourself to get the crooked judge?

Philip, consider long and hard working for Ava or teaming up to do something. It will come back to you.

It's only dinner with EJ, Brady. Nicole is a big girl and can make her own choices. You are not her boyfriend. Let it implode on its own and let Nicole stick it to Sami. And you are right about Jake.

Chloe's roses looked plastic.

So now Jake has an enforcer type background? Such a man of many short term talents. Uh tell that to Gabi. I will enjoy Ava and Philip trying to take her and Jake down.

I enjoyed Xander and Nicole pulling Duke out of the drawer.

• Love 8

I, too, enjoyed Nicole & EJ's sexy banter.  I did like EJ's funny remarks about Duke, the bear.  I was a Sarah/Xander fan, but I rather like Xander with Gwen, Paul Telfer is very good at making his boyish face look very charming.   I loved the scenes where Rafe forced Gabi to apologize to Ava, Gabi's face was so funny & Rafe just looked exasperated.   Ava & Philip make a good 'mustache-twirling" duo.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like he started out fine, as both Stefan and Jake actually, but then it just went off the rails. For me, I think the only way they could try to make Jake work now is to get him away from Gabi.

Jake was fun after the breakup with Gwen.  I loved those scenes when they would snark at each other at the DiMera Mansion.  I liked his friendship with Abigail, too.  The problem now is that he basically has no identity outside of Gabi, and they’re mostly annoying.  

Gwen and Xander were hilarious with all of Gwen’s terrible ideas about how to get Xander out of jail.  I appreciate that Gwen accepts Xander, flaws and all, whereas I kinda hated how Sarah was always trying to neuter him.  

Ava playing hardball.  Yes, please!  But honestly, “Gabi Chic” does have a nice ring to it, while “Ava Chic” sounds like a cheap knockoff....or lazy writing, lol.  Intrigued to see what kind of chaos will ensue with Ava sticking her toe back into the Mob Cesspool.  

• Love 9
On 9/28/2021 at 9:01 PM, Peanut6711 said:

I found James Scott's EJ devious but passionate. He knew how to play EJ threatening, but he also knew how to play him playful. There were little eye rolls and looks that he'd flash at times with Sami, and their chemistry was palpable.  He could be ruthless, but he loved his kids and accepted Sami in a way no one else did.

As someone who objects to EJ over the rape storyline and awkward SORASing...I agree that those were the strengths of his character and that portrayal. Of course, one could argue the whole "being in cahoots" trait that made them compatible antiheroes was stolen from Lucas...

15 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Gwen and Xander were hilarious with all of Gwen’s terrible ideas about how to get Xander out of jail.  I appreciate that Gwen accepts Xander, flaws and all, whereas I kinda hated how Sarah was always trying to neuter him.  

I also kind of enjoyed the actors being playful with each other...but its just me seeing the good in a lousy situation. EO hasn't worked on the show because of how they introduced Gwen. I hate all her storylines and feel badly for the actress, who has talent.

Sarah was right to try and change Xander. He's kidnapped and shot people all over town! For an actor as likeable as PT, the writing was making Xander irredeemable so I think softening his persona was needed. The trick is giving him a fun partner to bounce off. Sarah wasn't that. But I did enjoy their "opposites attract" relationship.

If Gwen hadn't been retconned so much in such a short time and was just a random new Salemite, this pairing would work better for me.

Anyway, I look forward to better things for PT/Xander. Hope they come!

Jack coddling Abigail the other day made me sick. So she caused her sister's miscarriage? Nice. Add that to what she's done to Gabi, Andre, Chad, Ben, Carrie and Austin and yup...she really should just forgive herself right? Cause she's just terrific overall 🙄

So many of these plots bore the hell out of me. Ava and Philip scheming? Are we still on that?

Chloe and Philip together again should be great....but it's so meh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I, too, enjoyed Nicole & EJ's sexy banter.  I did like EJ's funny remarks about Duke, the bear.  I was a Sarah/Xander fan, but I rather like Xander with Gwen, Paul Telfer is very good at making his boyish face look very charming.   I loved the scenes where Rafe forced Gabi to apologize to Ava, Gabi's face was so funny & Rafe just looked exasperated.   Ava & Philip make a good 'mustache-twirling" duo.

17 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Jake was fun after the breakup with Gwen.  I loved those scenes when they would snark at each other at the DiMera Mansion.  I liked his friendship with Abigail, too.  The problem now is that he basically has no identity outside of Gabi, and they’re mostly annoying.  

All THIS!!!!  Good posts @BuckeyeLou and @enchantingmonkey

• Love 5

I don't care how "fun" Gwen seems now. I can't shut off how she was introduced and all that came before. And I loved Xander but I cannot watch him with her. If I can't get rid of her ass, I'd just throw her back to Jake, since I don't care about him.

Then they can be blah together and I can ignore them.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't care how "fun" Gwen seems now. I can't shut off how she was introduced and all that came before. And I loved Xander but I cannot watch him with her. If I can't get rid of her ass, I'd just throw her back to Jake, since I don't care about him.

Then they can be blah together and I can ignore them.

But why can't a character grow? We all know why she did what she did, along with her abandonment issues, so why should a character be banished for how she was introduced? Doesn't seem fair to the character or the actor/actress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, MsTree said:

But why can't a character grow? We all know why she did what she did, along with her abandonment issues, so why should a character be banished for how she was introduced? Doesn't seem fair to the character or the actor/actress.

Can they? Sure.

But it doesn't seem like growth to me, just "sweep under the rug" whitewashing (and getting rid of others (Sarah) to make HER fly or ruining existing characters (Jack) for said growth).

So. Gwen can die or fall into a black hole as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 6

Kate’s appearance seemed random.

Poor EJ having both Roman and Lucas in his face. Wonder where his dinner date will be. Sami does stick around and fight and doesn’t just vanish. 

I get Tripp still looking at dementia for Doug’s condition. Given his age and behavior, it is a likely diagnosis. Julie can believe in God all she wants, but she does have to rule out scientific explanations.

Johnnie, the movie is a bad idea. Talking about Will having the hots for EJ was funny. Maybe the show is foreshadowing something with Chanel. She is really superstitious. If they do have relatives who are in to supernatural stuff, she may have a point. Ladies, you sell your stuff in the store. Unless you sell items that do not need refrigerating or storage, you may be breaking health codes and an inspector can fine you. Too bad you like and don’t love Tripp, Allie.

I also can’t see Abs as playing Marlena. She seems so…. Blah.

The demon was creepy at the end when he told her she should not have listened to the tape. At least Doug woke up semi coherent and is able to shed some light on what happened.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kate’s appearance seemed random.

I thought so, too, and even more so because she seemed to be concerned for someone other than herself.  Like, who is this person?  It makes me think They are trying to “humanize” her so she can be a potential romantic partner for Roman. 

I liked where the EJ/Roman confrontation ended up with EJ apologizing.  It’s not going to be long before EJ is back to his Rage-O-Holic ways but it was nice that he had a moment of sobriety.  

The Demon’s voice on the tape recorder was creepier than the Rupaul voice it used the other day.  Hope They keep it that way, as it gave me goosebumps.  

• Love 5

So now we get the Bible according to St. Julie?  She accessorizes herself with that rosary and suddenly she's the Pope?

Her Holiness must have forgotten that bit about not being a raging witch whenever the mood strikes her.  I guess the Devil wouldn't possess her because who would notice the difference?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, RedElf said:

Does the bakery do its financials at that table out in front?  The one with no cash register? Or do their customers have to follow them inside to pay?

Maybe they have that portable card reader thing that lots of stores use these days.

So is the demon Devil still "inside" Marlena? How did its voice get on the tape recorder? I mean, it's the devil so I guess it can do whatever the hell it wants, but that was kinda weird. Creepy, but weird.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

So now we get the Bible according to St. Julie?  She accessorizes herself with that rosary and suddenly she's the Pope?

Her Holiness must have forgotten that bit about not being a raging witch whenever the mood strikes her.  I guess the Devil wouldn't possess her because who would notice the difference?

Gabi might notice that Julie has learned some new tricks.

Edited by Frozendiva
Typo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1