Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Curious to see what might happen if Philip and Ava team up.  I’m so rooting for Gabi and Jake to fail miserably.  Maybe this will motivate Ava to return to her dastardly ways.  NiceAva is so boring.  And honestly, is Tripp even worth being boring?

All of this. I am SO ready for Gabi and Jake to be taken down. I'm in for a Phillip/Ava team up because yea Ava is only worth watching if she's being bad.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Curious to see what might happen if Philip and Ava team up.  I’m so rooting for Gabi and Jake to fail miserably.  Maybe this will motivate Ava to return to her dastardly ways.  NiceAva is so boring.  And honestly, is Tripp even worth being boring?

I don't really care how Gabi and Jake fail because their plan is so incredibly stupid that it has absolutely no chance of succeeding.  Gabi should know by now that it doesn't matter how incompetent Victor's relatives are at running Titan.  He will continue to give them chance after chance after chance.  Even IF they managed to oust Philip (a long shot, at best)  , it would only be a month or two before Victor threw them out to give either him or Brady ANOTHER shot at running Titan.

And yes, Ava spending all her time cooking is REALLY boring.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

On another note, have they even written Johnny going to see Henry the Blanket?  I know that it wouldn't be interesting to watch all the mundane happenings in the characters life but is Henry just going to stay in his crib alone until he comes back as a sorased pre-teen?

I don't think Johnny's been to the apartment to see Blanket Henry, but he did see him one time in the square when Allie was pushing the likely empty stroller.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don't think Johnny's been to the apartment to see Blanket Henry, but he did see him one time in the square when Allie was pushing the likely empty stroller.

I always assume that soap characters interact with each other even if we don't see them. I remember All My Children in their closing credits in the 80's used to have the characters engaging with each other even if we did not hear what they were saying to each other. Basically the show was telling us the audience that their lives as characters continued offscreen..

I assume that Johnny has seen his nephew.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Was Chad wearing skinny jean suit pants??? The fit in the upper half was not flattering. I know I'm supposed to care where grown adults with jobs and money are going to live🙄, but when Chad appeared with that suitcase, I was too distracted wondering if he's been frequenting his own closet or Thomas's. 

• LOL 6

Victor doesn't bullshit.

How can Ava tell Philip in advance when the plot is already happening?

"Dislike is such a tepid word for how I feel about you."

Damn, Victor.  At least he likes Chloe more than Kristin.  :D

Jesus, the DiMera brothers are so childish.

God, I hate the new EJ.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Was Chad wearing skinny jean suit pants??? The fit in the upper half was not flattering.

He's always wearing too tight pants. It's distracting.

I really like Gwen and Xander. They're weirdly schmoopy but it works for me in a way the Xander/Sarah schmoopiness didn't.

EJ is the biggest dick and I love it. I need him and Abigail to have an affair.

The scenes with Gabi and Abigail/Chad were great. I'd rather just pretend Jake wasn't even there.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Was Chad wearing skinny jean suit pants??? The fit in the upper half was not flattering. I know I'm supposed to care where grown adults with jobs and money are going to live🙄, but when Chad appeared with that suitcase, I was too distracted wondering if he's been frequenting his own closet or Thomas's. 

I have never understood the skinny jeans/pants look on men.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

That's all I could focus on when he was walking out of the room.  LOL.  

• LOL 2

I am not enjoying this iteration of Gabi. The attachment to Jake is just bringing her down. Let Gabi take over Titan all on her own! Let her fight to keep her house all on her own!

Way more chemistry between Abigail and EJ than Abigail and Chad.

I like Gwen and Xander together. He can be a bit more of a bad boy with her (and I'm here for it). His good guy schtick with Sarah never really landed with me.

Pop Up Victor saying what we're all thinking. Kristen indeed did lower the bar to a new low level.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Long time lurker first time poster.

I had quit watching for years & got back into the show when it became my lunchtime gym entertainment.  

Has EJ always been this big of a jerk? I love to hate him. I can't wait for him to get what's coming to him. 

Bill Hayes is rocking this story but I can't with Julie.  She is TOO much. 

• Love 9

EJ got a lot today.  Bought a house.  Got the police commissioner to arrest someone.   Only thing he did not do Is get his money back. 

it must take a long time to make tamales.   Jake and Gabi moved twice before they were ready to eat.  

• LOL 15
10 minutes ago, tnvolgrl said:

Long time lurker first time poster.

I had quit watching for years & got back into the show when it became my lunchtime gym entertainment.  

Has EJ always been this big of a jerk? I love to hate him. I can't wait for him to get what's coming to him. 

Bill Hayes is rocking this story but I can't with Julie.  She is TOO much. 

Welcome aboard!

I'm with ya on Doug (96 and rockin' the devil) & harpy Julie. 

I'm also actively rooting for NuEJ to fall flat on his pompous face. I don't know why they stuck a stick up his ass when they recast him.  Original EJ (James Scott) played it more of a dark prince.  He was unscrupulous but passionate.  I miss him and Alison Sweeney throwing expensive DiMera heirlooms at each other one minute and then ripping each other's clothes off the next. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, buffynut said:

What happened to Kristen?  Is she on the run?  

Yes, took off from the police station after tricking Susan. This was after she hired Zander to kill Sami & Lucas, ran Brady off the road while fighting with Kate (who she also tried to kill), and kidnapped Chloe and shoved her in the trunk of a car that Jan Spears later made Claire steal.  Good times. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yes, took off from the police station after tricking Susan. This was after she hired Zander to kill Sami & Lucas, ran Brady off the road while fighting with Kate (who she also tried to kill), and kidnapped Chloe and shoved her in the trunk of a car that Jan Spears later made Claire steal.  Good times. 

Though she managed to take a quick trip to Paris to steal jewels.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Liked EJ getting the house back and it is totally fit with his character that he started to go after it the second he got back. He never  would live under Gabi's roof or under her rules. Him getting it back I expected.

His enjoyment of kicking then out was funny. Telling Abby to unpack Chads bags. Lol 

Jake and Gabi losing I enjoy watching.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Thanks.  I saw up to the part where Chloe was in the trunk, but must have taken a break after that.   Is Rachel with her?

17 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Though she managed to take a quick trip to Paris to steal jewels.

LOL.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Thanks.  I saw up to the part where Chloe was in the trunk, but must have taken a break after that.   Is Rachel with her?

No, Brady has Rachel. Or I suppose the invisible babysitter/nanny does. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

EJ, such a petty man trying to get back his mill-i-on dollars. Kicking out Gabi the squatter and her useless dimbulb Jake, getting Xander rearrested. And having some chemistry with Abigail. Waiting for the smug to be wiped off his face.

Gwen, maybe you should find another schmoop to spend time with. 

Gabi, dump Jake and keep your takeover plans to yourself.

Ava, surely you can do something more than cook. But I did note that she said that Doug screamed at her. The Devil sure doesn't like some folks living in Salem. Maybe he could steal some of her Italian cooking.

Didn't think that tamales were an all-day, slow cooker type recipe.

Chloe, the bar is low for the Kiriakis men. The tree will grow faster than your involvement with them. Surely someone else can show up in Salem.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm pretty much over Gabi at this point, but I wish she'd bulldozed the Dimera dump before EJ got his hands back on it.  Hearing him and Chad blather on about "Father's legacy" is pretty rich, considering his "legacy" consists of murder, torture, kidnapping and bizarre medical experiments.  And neither of them even met the old horror until they were grown.

I'm waiting for Chad's pants to split the next time he bends over.  Now THAT would be drama!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm pretty much over Gabi at this point, but I wish she'd bulldozed the Dimera dump before EJ got his hands back on it.  Hearing him and Chad blather on about "Father's legacy" is pretty rich, considering his "legacy" consists of murder, torture, kidnapping and bizarre medical experiments.  And neither of them even met the old horror until they were grown.

I'm waiting for Chad's pants to split the next time he bends over.  Now THAT would be drama!

Too bad DevilDoug is gone. He would have gotten his second laugh in a week.

• Love 7

It was so satisfying when EJ kicked smug Gabi out of the DiMera mansion. Her owning it is something that has bothered me for so long that I don't care if it sounds like nonsense as to how EJ got the house back. But EJ being the sole owner now is going to become an issue between him and Chad. Just as EJ's been plotting to get the mansion back since he returned to Salem, I bet he's also been scheming to remove Chad as co-CEO. 

It feels wrong saying this but I like the chemistry between EJ and Abby. They also look good together. Was Abby already involved with Chad and was Marci Miller the one playing Abby  when she slept with EJ? 

As much as I cheered when EJ turned the tables on Gabi, I booed when he got Xander arrested. Poor Xander hasn't been able to catch a break since "Sarah" dumped him. I just want the poor guy to get a few wins but he just keeps getting kicked down. I don't know how Gwen & Xander won me over but I'm definitely rooting for them now. I was a Xarah fan but there's something about Gander that really works for me. I also appreciate that Gwen doesn't do the baby voice like Sarah. 

I like Ava's throwaway line about Doug: that when she called Julie's Place to check on her resume, Doug yelled at her & cursed her out, lol. Of course she doesn't know why he did it, but we know it's because he was already possessed by the devil. It seems like Devil Doug was being a little terror over at Julie's restaurant.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Was Abby already involved with Chad and was Marci Miller the one playing Abby  when she slept with EJ? 

Don't recall about Chad, but if I remember right, it was actually Ashley Benson's Abby (the one that looked like Jennifer) that slept with James Scott's EJ.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Don't recall about Chad, but if I remember right, it was actually Ashley Benson's Abby (the one that looked like Jennifer) that slept with James Scott's EJ.

No, that was Kate Mansi.  She climbed him in the shower like she was ascending Mt. Everest.  

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

I could swear Benson's version had the crush and tried to seduce EJ, too! Eh, whatever. Abby gets around. 😎

Abby never had any taste, no matter who portrayed her! LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Any speculation as to how EJ was able to acquire the house from Gabi?

Yes, they should have explained that because it seems impossible legally.  
Is Abbie even in the scenes with the other actors or is she somewhere else and they are magically making it look like she is there? Because it looks distracting.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, boes said:

This. I am mostly over Gabi because Jake's mere presence has ruined her so much but I still wanted her to win over Chad/EJ.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ava, surely you can do something more than cook. But I did note that she said that Doug screamed at her. The Devil sure doesn't like some folks living in Salem. Maybe he could steal some of her Italian cooking.

I'm so bummed we didn't actually get to see it. Surely some other worthless scene could have been chucked to allow time to film Devil Doug and Ava.  

11 hours ago, boes said:

This!  I think it's bizarre and a measure of how psychologically unhealthy these people are that they talk to a portrait of a man who terrorized the town for decades. 

I seem to recall before EJ was killed he was so over his father and was making plans to get away from it all. Would have been nice if they'd have kept that continuity and taken EJ in that direction instead of more of the same old, same old.  Instead they got a wooden board to play him. 

Also, were we supposed to be outraged at the idea that Thomas and Charlotte were being thrown out of their rent-free mansion?  Every kid in their class admires them because they live in the Dimera House of Horrors where Salemites are routinely locked up in the basement, there's a mad scientist on the family payroll who they visit in jail at Christmas to exchange gifts, and everyone seeks advice from dead mob boss granddaddy's portrait? Well, okay it is nearing Halloween so maybe they do have the coolest house for a trick-or-treat party, but I still think Tom and Alice are rolling over in their graves that their great-granddaughter can't just buy a nice little white picket fence home to raise her kids, something with a little less horror history and lunatic legacy. 

I just want to see Chad steal one third of Gabby's tamales, leave a big fart, and watch his skinny khakis implode.  The Dimeras have become a farce so Ron might as well go with it. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Are we supposed to have any sympathy for Gabi and Jake? They are both awful people. EJ is a jerk but I cheered him on when he tossed out Gabi, then I hated him for reinstating the charges against Xander all over a stupid million dollars he does not even need. Why does Xander look like shit still and EJ is all healed up? I'm guessing it is cause in another life EJ was a gladiator who fought for his life so he inflicted more damage.

Speaking of Xander, what is with the constant constant repetition of Xander COOK yesterday. They really want to erase his Kiriakis connection? Why? I liked his talk with Gwen about Sarah. They kind of work as friends with benefits, she has no illusion that she is the love of his life, but likes to tap that. Can't blame her.

Always a welcome thing when Cin is barely on. I also have no interest in Ally and her lovers cause they are all so boring

Wish we could have seen Doug Devil yelling at Ava, I would have actually watched one of her scenes for that

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I just want to see Chad steal one third of Gabby's tamales, leave a big fart, and watch his skinny khakis implode. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See...I stop watching the show for a few episodes and then check out the comments and randomly stumble upon this.

God bless this board and the funny people on it.

...at the start, that almost seemed sexual...and then it took a turn...😂😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Hmmm... are we seeing foreshadowing that Chanel going to get possessed?  Especially now that Marlena's last possession is going to be the main theme of Johnny's movie.

Johnny is an asshole. Who does that to their own grandmother?

• Love 2

I still don't get how Will went with Sami to LA to write a movie about her life....with her approval....especially after all the crap he got for writing about the EJami/Abifail mess in a magazine for the public to digest.

Isn't Sami embarrassed by her life's story? I would be!

...yeah waitasec....wasn't Will's script supposed to be all about his mother and not Mardevil?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Hmmm... are we seeing foreshadowing that Chanel going to get possessed?  Especially now that Marlena's last possession is going to be the main theme of Johnny's movie.

I kept feeling like there was heavy foreshadowing in today's episode too.  But with CIN included in an episode that was otherwise all tied to the possession storyline, I couldn't help but wonder if they'll be a part of it too.  Ron sure seemed to be setting the mood with the thunderstorm raging outside (or was that supposed to be Hurricane Ida?) while Ciara made her plea for baby making as Ben's face looked like he was losing his erection the more she talked.  Ciara specifically reminded him (and the audience) that he gets therapy for his psycho tendencies and then cut to said therapist who now has a dark passenger calling the shots.  What if Ben's fears of producing his own demon spawn cause him some performance problems (wouldn't we all be so lucky to be spared those CIN scenes for a while?) and the Devil takes advantage of Ben's sexual frustrations and seduces him, allowing Marlena to finally act out her love for her favorite patient for all of Salem to see???

John: "Doc, what are you doin' with the necktie killer?"

Ciara: *screeches* "Ben! That's not how we make Bo Jr." *pouts*

Clyde: "Ollie, boy, that's your shrink. I hope she doesn't charge extra for that."

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I wonder if all of this devil nonsense will culminate on Halloween.

If all of these characters are Catholic, and John used to be a priest, why was he reading a King James Bible?

Well, nobody said he was a GOOD priest.....

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, since Re-Ron is incapable of writing a story we can't figure out 6 months before it happens, I believe that we are headed for a Rosemary's Baby baby for Ben and Ciara.

And, because of the unholy alliance between Marlena and Ben, HE will be the one to save Salem.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Ciara specifically reminded him (and the audience) that he gets therapy for his psycho tendencies and then cut to said therapist who now has a dark passenger calling the shots. 

Duh.  I totally forgot that Marlena is Ben's therapist.   Yeah, that's not going to go well. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

My grandma use to believe you never invite evil In.  I think that’s why Chanel did not want Johnny to make the movie and why she never heard of the exorcist.  

She's been listening to Olivia's sermons growing up so that makes sense tbh

17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I could swear Benson's version had the crush and tried to seduce EJ, too! Eh, whatever. Abby gets around. 😎

Ashley Benson's Abby had the crush which Jack warned her against.

However Kate Mansi's Abby was the one that had an affair with EJ.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

As for today I enjoyed the scenes with Steve/Kayla/Abe/Paulina the best. Paulina's reaction to Marlena being possessed was funny.

Steve/Kayla talking about how they weren't in town was rather funny to me as both were in Port Charles for most of the 90s.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Why does Marlena’s demon voice sound like RuPaul?

Heaven help us!  It wasn’t even frightening.  

“The role of Father Francis will now be played by Doug Williams.”  Father Francis and Celeste were the only ones to know of Marlena’s possession in the early days, and Father Francis couldn’t speak because The Demon had given him a stroke.   Doug will probably be grunting, sputtering and pointing for weeks.  

I’m assuming Possession 2.0 was in the works when they decided to have Johnnie come to town and make a movie but it feels a little All-of-the-Sudden with Marlena quickly being possessed for basically no reason, and multiple scenes with other characters talking about the previous Possession.  Not loving it.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I still don't get how Will went with Sami to LA to write a movie about her life....with her approval....especially after all the crap he got for writing about the EJami/Abifail mess in a magazine for the public to digest.

I think Will mentioned to Johnny, that while in California when he wrote his very, bad script, Sami had a little much to drink one night, and she told him a bunch of stories about her and the family. Of sucky writer that Will is, he thought that is what he means by colloboration.

1 hour ago, boes said:

Well, nobody said he was a GOOD priest.....

And at the end of the day, he was never a priest. It was his cover so that he could steal artwork with Princess Gina across Europe.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2