Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"my" sofa?  Isn't it Jennifer's sofa?

I thought that house was Doug and Julie's and that for some reason Jennifer and Jack were living there. But I pay very little attention so I really have no idea lol.

Sarah wasn't as irritating as Ciara (no one ever could be really) but she was being very smug and snarky while being tied up and threatened by a woman she thinks is capable of murder. I think the writers think they're making her and Ciara seem really tough and self-sufficient by doing this but they are just making them seem stupid.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Good thing conveniently Gwen was let go, as it's Sarah's turn in the DiMera wine cellar

Yeah that was funny. The day after she was freed from the wine cellar and it’s one chair it was Sarah’s turn. Perhaps they need to start taking reservations or turn it into an Air BnB but for hostages because it’s popular and cutting close w their prisoners. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah that was funny. The day after she was freed from the wine cellar and it’s one chair it was Sarah’s turn. Perhaps they need to start taking reservations or turn it into an Air BnB but for hostages because it’s popular and cutting close w their prisoners. 

That would be a fun twist--to have two different people locked in the wine cellar because two different Dimera affiliated people wanted to kidnap someone at the same time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought that house was Doug and Julie's and that for some reason Jennifer and Jack were living there. But I pay very little attention so I really have no idea lol.

Sarah wasn't as irritating as Ciara (no one ever could be really) but she was being very smug and snarky while being tied up and threatened by a woman she thinks is capable of murder. I think the writers think they're making her and Ciara seem really tough and self-sufficient by doing this but they are just making them seem stupid.

It's supposed to be Jennifer's house. The show specifically had dialogue about Doug and Julie moving into the Horton House when Jennifer was still dealing with her addiction as a way to help her. The show was quite clear then that they were visitors in Jennifer's home.

I think the writer's just don't remember who owns the house at any given time. They do the same thing with the Dimera Mansion, so at least they're consistent.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

how would Kristen be able to imitate Sarah's voice?

This is something that always annoyed me when soaps use these stupid mask stories. Back in the 80’s there was a story where Andre wore a latex mask that made him look exactly like Roman. I was like 10 at the time and I use to be like "but how does he change his voice!?" 

It can't be said enough but God stfu, Julie. I was never really a huge SSH fan but her acting just gets more and more OTT bordering on soap opera parody.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Julie?  Keep it down?

"my" sofa?  Isn't it Jennifer's sofa?

Why does a supply plane fly every two weeks to a deserted island?

They should've burned that sofa when Ciara was raped on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Good thing conveniently Gwen was let go, as it's Sarah's turn in the DiMera wine cellar

It's kind of the same thing - only one person can be sick at a time because they only have one hospital bed. Someone has to be discharged first.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The actor allegedly playing Theo is as bland and boring as his TV sister, so congrats on the matching casting.  Seriously, Claire asks about his new relationship, he shrugs listlessly about their break up and somehow Claire thinks that means Theo can't get over his love of Ciara--oh yeah, a triangle where both guys get to compete over who loves Ciara more epically--I think I'll take a hard pass.

I wish the show could find a way to bring back the actors who played Evan and Charlie because they could both act and they had decent chemistry with their co-stars.

💯I'm with ya on this! NuClaire has zero chemistry opposite Theo, Tripp, Ben, or any leading man in her age range. And I continue to fail to see why Ciara is such a prize.  

I hope Evan being alive but in jail is the equivalent of "till next time..."

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does a supply plane fly every two weeks to a deserted island?

Kristin probably contracts with Dharma for those services. 😄

k5zmZE.gif

3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I kinda hate those sofas there’s so uncomfortable but very common in grandma or great grandma’s living rooms and this was Alice’s OG sofa. 

I seem to recall Alice always sat on the chair adjacent to that couch. She was a smart lady. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I liked having Theo back...I liked the Hope references...I liked Xandy in the feminine bathrobe...heck, I even liked how SH seemed to (finally!) be channelling Eileen during her scene with Sarah...

...but my God: another entire episode of Marlena cooing over Ben? Oh dear me, did you really have to pull Ciara out of another f***ing explosion? And oh gosh, are you coughing too? Poor baby!!!! And don't you DARE say you aren't deserving of love and sympathy, you sweet angel! Don't even think it!!! Not after all the cardio you just did, you poor chiselled martyr. This show MUST revolve around You and only YOUUU!!! Come over here and let Doc make it awwww bedddder!!!

I3o4IA.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Is some sort of staff member sent to the DiMera wine cellar to clean up after the previous hostage? Have they installed a bathroom and shower so said hostage doesn't stink up the place? Hopefully Anna will need some wine for lunch and she will rescue Sarah. 

No Kristen, you are not doing the right thing. Where'd you find the nice dress? Basic Black closet/showroom? At least Sarah brought up Haley. And asked how long she would pretend to be Susan Banks. Hovering over Brady but not being able to be with him. Does she think Brady will forgive her? Lani might, because she is a mother and she is missing her baby.

Julie sounded like a banshee when she discovered poor Xander on the couch. I do wonder if she was secretly checking him out. Surely there is a guest room in the house and he could have slept there.

He was really sweet and charming with Jack. The good, hopeless romantic side of him came out. The boyish, roguish charm.

Yeah, Claire, everyone including Theo, wants Ciara over you or anyone else.

Marlena, you can show compassion toward a patient, but this was a bit much. So all true love folks have a psychic connection. Many do, but some do not.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I'm intuiting a development later this week based on today's episode. So Sarah told Kristen that maybe only if Sarah were standing in front of Xander saying they're over would he believe that he & Sarah are over, since a text won't cut it.

So I'm guessing that Kristen will appear in person as Sarah on this, the day of the wedding to tell Xander they are kaput. Question:

1) how would Kristen be able to get a Sarah wig so quickly; and more importantly,

2) how would Kristen get a Mission Impossible type Sarah-face mask so quickly to appear as Sarah?  [or is she going to be heavily veiled and no one will think twice to wonder why "Sarah" never once took off the veil, nor will anyone ask "Sarah" to remove it?]

3) how would Kristen be able to imitate Sarah's voice?

Again, since "today" is supposed to be the wedding day, how would Kristen pull off all the above, given that she didn't expect Sarah to accidentally stumble into the Titan office, discovering Kristen?!

And aren’t Kristen and Sarah of completely different heights and builds?  How does a mask disguise that?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, drtslim said:

And aren’t Kristen and Sarah of completely different heights and builds?  How does a mask disguise that?

It didn't matter when Kristen paraded around town as Nicole. She gained height and boobs. Mask is so good Brady was fooled in bed too

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Hearing Xander tell Julie that today is his wedding day really drive home how weirdly separated Ron keeps Sarah away from the rest of the Hortons. Sarah is Uncle Mickey's beloved daughter and Julie doesn't even know that she's getting married today? I don't remember any on-canvas Horton being so removed from the rest of the family, especially given there's no in-story estrangement. Has Sarah ever even shared scenes with Julie? Abigail? Eli? Shawn, Claire, Lucas? It's very strange. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

So this is sort of an existential question - watching DOOL often makes me wonder what the hell it all means and it certainly makes me question my life choices, particularly my tv viewing habits.....

If a person successfully manages to ff through any and all scenes of Ciara imprisoned, Ciara yapping at her captor, Ciara doing a low-rent Juliet to Ben's Jersey Shore Romeo, skips over the explosion the fire the screaming high-pitched CIARA'S - IF a person can skip all that does that mean that in my parallel universe, Ciara is STILL DEAD??

If so, Show, I win!

Jeesh, Marlena, moving in on the grieving widower already?  Give Ben a chance to practice his MARLENA scream before you start undressing him with your eyes.  

I can't blame Julie for being upset since she obviously adores that sofa.  Most of her clothes look like re-purposed upholstery material from the same time period.  I bet she's made Doug play some of her reindeer games on that very couch.

Does anyone in Salem still have that device that controlled Julie's pacemaker?  Because I sure was hoping for somebody to accidentally butt dial it a couple of times in that screech-a-thon she was having with Xander and again at the hospital.  I'm sorta surprised all that overacting didn't give her an episode since listening to her gave me the twitches.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, ajs1615 said:

Hearing Xander tell Julie that today is his wedding day really drive home how weirdly separated Ron keeps Sarah away from the rest of the Hortons. Sarah is Uncle Mickey's beloved daughter and Julie doesn't even know that she's getting married today? I don't remember any on-canvas Horton being so removed from the rest of the family, especially given there's no in-story estrangement. Has Sarah ever even shared scenes with Julie? Abigail? Eli? Shawn, Claire, Lucas? It's very strange. 

Someone on another Days board mentioned that the writing implies that Julie doesn't even know Sarah is the bride Xander is marrying. I haven't seen the episode yet, so I can't comment on that.

Sarah shared scenes with them during the Horton Ornament Hanging. I'm not certain if she's ever shared scenes with them outside of that. I mean Kayla was going to be her maid of honor and she's had to settle for Bonnie. She obviously is desperate and isolated.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, boes said:

Brady is best studded with cloves, covered tightly with tin foil and baked at 325 for 10-15 minutes per pound and then covered with glaze with the oven turned up to 424 for 10 minutes at the end.

Serve with scalloped potatoes and any green vegetable of your choice and you have one TERRIFIC Sunday Ham Dinner!

This is especially funny because I've been re-watching the first season of Hannibal, and if Dr Lector is reading this Brady could easily be the next victim of The Chesapeake Ripper.  *fingers and toes crossed* 

4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I hope Evan being alive but in jail is the equivalent of "till next time..."

Did they say that he was in jail now?  I FF through everything that wasn't Kristin/Sarah or Xander/Jack.  

4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Kristin probably contracts with Dharma for those services. 

If someone has to type The Numbers in every 108 minutes, that will give Sarah something to do while she's on the island.  

Now it looks like Kristin is going to get one of Dr Rolf's Magic Masks but I was hoping that smirk on Kristin's face was because she was going to text Xander, anyways, and see if she could get him to believe that Sarah had left him at the alter via text.  It would have been an interesting exploration of Kristin's cynical view of human nature vs. Sarah's more hopeful POV.  

I liked that Sarah challenged Kristin but she was also accepting of her fate at times.  I don't even want to compare Sarah to Ciara, because Sarah actually knows Kristin, so challenging her captor makes a little sense, but Ciara was belligerent to her captors when it made no sense at all.  

Someone mentioned how many days Charlie's Murder Mystery has been featured lately, which made me want to reiterate how this may be one of the most boring Murder Mysteries ever told in my Multi-Decade span of watching soaps.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

I can't blame Julie for being upset since she obviously adores that sofa.  Most of her clothes look like re-purposed upholstery material from the same time period.  I bet she's made Doug play some of her reindeer games on that very couch.

You are vicious and I live for it.

AlarmingComplexAstarte-size_restricted.g

18 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I liked that Sarah challenged Kristin but she was also accepting of her fate at times.  I don't even want to compare Sarah to Ciara, because Sarah actually knows Kristin, so challenging her captor makes a little sense, but Ciara was belligerent to her captors when it made no sense at all.

It just felt like Sarah was mature enough to talk reasonably. She knows this is *Kristen* and there's no point in being hysterical. Kristen enjoys seeing people beg and panic. Sarah's a doctor. She's competent. Better to keep things casual.

Her mistake was advising her captor on what will and won't arouse suspicion. Had the abrupt text been sent, Xander likely would have read it and immediately realized something was up...which would have worked in Sarah's favor. But then, he has no reason to think Sarah would be held by Kristen so finding her at the DiMansion would be hard. I suppose Sarah really needs to just stall Kristen before she gets sent to....Melasween? Was that the reference they were going for?

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought on some level that Julie was checking Xander out.

She was. They did a moment there, as Xander was adjusting his towel and leaving the livingroom, where he catches her peeking and she scowls because she got caught sneaking a peek.

It didn't play and it wasn't as funny as it should have been. They needed a second take. But they tried.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. I think it got better towards the end, but she didn't seem to be taking the kidnapping that seriously at first. When she first asked if Kristen was going to kill her, she sounded more annoyed than scared. I think maybe she was holding on to the thought that Kristen had "changed" and that she could be reasoned with. Hopefully, this storyline is showing that the Kristen has changed stuff was utter bs.

• Love 5

I know this gets asked a lot but how on earth did Kristen drag Sarah's limp body from Basic Black to the Dimera cellar without anybody seeing her? At least with Gwen we got the laundry basket which satisfied me

So Kristen is going to be pretending to be Sarah AND Susan? How will she find the time? This whole thing could have been stopped on day 1 or so if Lani was any sort of a cop, Susan was doing an awful job as Kristen when she visited and she should have clued in

I do look forward to Lani either justifying all the latest Kristen shit and Eli calling her on it, or her finally dumping her BFF cause even motherhood has its limits to what crimes you commit

• Love 5

You know the fucked up thing was the Kristen and Sarah conversation needed to happen. As two adult women and with sincerity. Because Sarah DID spend a year raising and loving her daughter deeply and saw her through cancer.  They should have a bond and strange appreciation for each other on the basis of this. But Ron doesn’t write profound moments or woman using emotional maturity. 

The way Kirsten’s been acting so consistently when Rachel is in school and goes out for the play and doesn’t get a part Kristen will break the directors kneecaps or have the star child shipped off and think nothing of it. She acts like there’s no consequences or accountability for anything. Brady and her gf Lani also enable that bullshit. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

I'm going to double down and pitch to Ron a story that leans into this Sarah weirdness: why has Sarah been avoiding her father's family?

Considering the ones who are left in Salem, avoiding that pack of crazy and entitled is the smartest thing she's done.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, drtslim said:

Based off the real life actresses, Kristin will need to shrink 3 inches and lose 20 years to pass as Sarah. Or all the Salemites will have to be dumb enough to not notice. I think we all know which direction this is going. 

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did they say that he was in jail now?  I FF through everything that wasn't Kristin/Sarah or Xander/Jack. 

Yeah, there was a throw-away line about him being in police custody.  I'm hoping we get a scene where he meets back up with his dad in jail and, while hanging around the phones and eating ice-cream, Orpheus chides him, "If you weren't going to follow my plan to make us rich again, could you have at least pulled the trigger?"

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If someone has to type The Numbers in every 108 minutes, that will give Sarah something to do while she's on the island.  

Love this idea! And I'm more than willing to set up a Go Fund Me site to buy Ciara a ticket on Oceanic Flight 815 just so, ya know, Sarah's not living alone.  I'll even chip in for a copy of " Make Your Own Kind of Music " if it means we don't have to see Ciara till another life. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I know this gets asked a lot but how on earth did Kristen drag Sarah's limp body from Basic Black to the Dimera cellar without anybody seeing her? At least with Gwen we got the laundry basket which satisfied me

So Kristen is going to be pretending to be Sarah AND Susan? How will she find the time? This whole thing could have been stopped on day 1 or so if Lani was any sort of a cop, Susan was doing an awful job as Kristen when she visited and she should have clued in

I do look forward to Lani either justifying all the latest Kristen shit and Eli calling her on it, or her finally dumping her BFF cause even motherhood has its limits to what crimes you commit

I assume Sarah drove to pick up her dress. Kristen only had to lug her to her car, stuff her in the back seat, and drive to the tunnel access area.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I know this gets asked a lot but how on earth did Kristen drag Sarah's limp body from Basic Black to the Dimera cellar without anybody seeing her?

Because Kristen stuffed her in the same place she stuffs everything she shouldn't – Her womb.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Damian said:

Because Kristen stuffed her in the same place she stuffs everything she shouldn't – Her womb.

That gives a whole new slant to the "Now where did I leave my keys" trope.

• LOL 12

No comments about today's ep yet. Wow, how sad lol.

I honestly barely remember it. We fast forwarded a bunch, like anything pertaining to Ciara and Ben.

The Sami/Lucas scenes were SO good. I just love them together and Lucas in general.

Claire's outfit is so fucking ridiculous. COME ON!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

No comments about today's ep yet. Wow, how sad lol.

I honestly barely remember it. We fast forwarded a bunch, like anything pertaining to Ciara and Ben.

The Sami/Lucas scenes were SO good. I just love them together and Lucas in general.

Claire's outfit is so fucking ridiculous. COME ON!

I actually thought that other than the Ben and ciara stuff the show was decent although rafe annoyed me and I don't hate him as much as the rest of you do.

• Love 4

I kept wondering if the show was finally going to acknowledge Covid the way Ben kept coughing and they kept making a big deal about it. At the same time, I was hoping RSW had a rapid covid test right before filming those scenes for all of his co-workers sake.

The looks Marlena kept giving in regards to CIN were starting to make me question her feelings for Ben too. Like maybe she's finally had enough of anger-management-issues John. Also I kept waiting for her to tell Belle, "I know you think your sister killed Charlie, but your father has some missing time he can't account for that night." 

• Love 9

So Sami admitted to Lucas that she found Charlie on the floor, was dead, and she still shot him? Won't the coroner notice several bullet holes? She is covering for Allie?

Claire's outfit was a little much to go to the hospital. More like the club. She'd have made a better Allie.

Wonder if there is a reason that Nicole is wearing high necked dresses/outfits. 

So Ben has smoke inhalation and gas poisoning?

Ciara knows who her brother is. She has no idea where she was. And she was terrified that the Necktie Killer was at her bedside?

• Love 4

Charlie's Murder Mystery continues to suck.  Any viewer with half a brain could have figured that Sami lying was because she thinks she's protecting Allie.  I still don't buy that Sami isn't cunning enough to navigate her way out of this situation, though.  It seems like a coroner would be able to determine that Charlie died in the night, and if Sami's plane didn't arrive until the next morning, how could she have killed him?  Didn't Rafe find her the next morning?  Or, was she washing her hands for hours?  

I was expecting amnesia or paralysis, so when neither happened they surprised me with Ciara screeching about her True Love Ben being The Necktie Killer.  Did someone sneak in and brainwash her while she was buried under all of that rubble???  

Wasn't it only a few weeks ago that characters were having somewhat intelligent conversations about different POVs, and the show felt like it was being, off all things, thoughtful???  Did Steve and Kayla have organic disagreements, or was that all my imagination?  WTF happened???  The only thing that felt real to me in this episode was when Marlena grimaced as Belle was ranting about Sami, which seemed like something a mother would naturally do when someone, anyone, is disparaging her child.  

• Love 8

Why does Ciara have grape jam all over her face?

What on earth was Nicole wearing this episode?

Overall, I thought this was an okay episode. I actually did smile when Ben and Ciara were united. There's just something soapy and beautiful about someone opening their eyes and seeing their true love. I also liked the Necktie Killer line from Ciara. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I think the show has always used Ben's past against him in some realistic and compelling ways. While execution is spotty, the idea behind it usually works for me.

I found it interesting that Marlena is always so concerned about Ben. I like their relationship, and I hope it never changes. It's also episodes like today that makes it hard for me to jump on the "Marlena loves all her children except Sami" train. Marlena has always been protective of Sami and as Frozendiva acknowledged, she even grimaced at Belle for the harsh - but true - things Belle had to say about Sami. While I believe Marlena doesn't like Sami as a person, I'll never believe that she loves her any less than any of her other children - including Carrie and Brady. 

I've never been a Lumi fan, but I did like their scenes today. Whenever Lucas isn't yelling at someone, I find that he's a great secondary character. I do wonder why Lumi's kids are so emotionally weak and dependent on others. When Allie looked at Nicole to fight Allie's battle against Rafe to see her mom, that encompassed why writer's can't just make a Sami clone. I actually think it's believable for Will and Allie to constantly look for other's to fight their battles with someone like Sami as a mother, but it would be best if writers stopped giving them Sami's leftover storylines.

I like Claire and Allie's friendship. I also agree with Frozendiva that I wish the Claire actress was Allie instead.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I was expecting amnesia or paralysis, so when neither happened they surprised me with Ciara screeching about her True Love Ben being The Necktie Killer.  Did someone sneak in and brainwash her while she was buried under all of that rubble???  

I think they're going with an amnesia story.  There really wasn't time for brainwashing and they explicitly said she may have head trauma.  I posted this on another board. But I could live for days on the amusement to be found in Ciara having to hear second hand how she came to love the Necktie Killer. I adored her interaction with Shawn yesterday. So preferred conversation would go something like:

Ciara: Why the Hell did you let a serial killer in my room?!

Shawn: Ciara, he's your husband. You LOVE him.

C :  What?! Have you completely lost your mind? Did I lose my mind? We know Ben lost his.

S : Ben has changed he got help. You were the first to see it.

C : How? What? No.

S : Yes. You had an accident and Ben saved you and you got to know one another.

C Explain... because this sounds... not at all like enough to make up for murdering 3 women, trying to kill Will, and nearly killing Abby and Chad...

S : It might not have been on it's own, but you apparently spent days together and you saw another side of him.

C : You and mom let me stay with a murderer? I'm circling back to WHAT THE HELL?

S : We didn't know where you were. You had a fight with your then boyfriend and disappeared for days. Turns out you were in a run down, burned out cabin alone with Ben.

C : This story is not getting better.

S : Ciara, I wasn't there. All I know is you came back convinced Ben was a changed man and you insisted that he was better and that everyone accept him.

C :And you guys just got on board with that?

S : Christ NO! Literally no one was on board with this. You spent, like, 6 months attacking anyone who looked at Ben sideways and eventually we all got tired of being yelled at...

C : Oh yeah. Okay. That last bit sounds like me.

Edited by RachelKM
Turns out even capital "C" and a : creates a smiley face. Who knew?
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

So I'm guessing the show thinks we're all going to be beyond devastated that Ciara doesn't remember her epic love with Ben but I'm loving the angst, especially Ben's "She thinks I'm the Neck tie killer."  But Ben, you are the Neck tie Killer, so Ciara isn't wrong.

Why does the actress playing Allie always look like a petulant child?  And what the heck was the deal with her "relieving the babysitter?"  Allie, Henry is your child, you're supposed to be the primary caregiver.

I hated Tripp and Ava's reactions to Gabi--her name isn't on the deed so she has no right to complain about Ava's being a lousy house guest?  And now Ava's going to be staying even longer because she's going to be homeless?  Like we're supposed to believe that Ava doesn't have money socked away in an off shore account. How contrived can you get?

• Love 10

I was getting a kick out of Gabi's convo with Ava: who ate the last bagel?! LOL....and then she pointed out that Ava has her own apartment(we are supposed to believe has no money of her own to pay the rent? rolling my eyes)....And then Gabi saying "I know my brother is the Police Commissioner but the Salem police dont often get things right"...I was like "Go Gabi"  And then that end scene: Whoa, Claire you are in for it now!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’m supposed to believe Ava and Gabi are munching on daily bagels? 

Tripp you need to shut the fuck up, this is grown folks and women’s business. Additionally a name on a deed don’t mean shit, that’s why there’s a huge problem w houseguest and roommate evictions. 

If Ciara don’t remember anything since when Ben was in Bayview than she probably still thinks she works at Brady Pub and asking where JJ is. Hey I want to go back too. Can we just reset even further when Salem has better writing characters? 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dofn5mpiegzgnd234n

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

So Allie is the latest red herring. If the writers want us to believe she's even remotely capable of this, then they need to hop into the CiaraAmenesiaTimeMachine to go back and a: hire a different actress and b: write Allie differently, Even her "threatening" Tripp was lame. On paper it makes complete sense that Allie would be a suspect, but then there's the way this has played out on screen.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hated Tripp and Ava's reactions to Gabi--her name isn't on the deed so she has no right to complain about Ava's being a lousy house guest?  And now Ava's going to be staying even longer because she's going to be homeless?  Like we're supposed to believe that Ava doesn't have money socked away in an off shore account. How contrived can you get?

It was all so deeply stupid and contrived but I won't pretend I didn't enjoy those scenes lol. 

1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

So Allie is the latest red herring. If the writers want us to believe she's even remotely capable of this, then they need to hop into the CiaraAmenesiaTimeMachine to go back and a: hire a different actress and b: write Allie differently, Even her "threatening" Tripp was lame. On paper it makes complete sense that Allie would be a suspect, but then there's the way this has played out on screen.

This. She's such a drip and the actress ruins any chance this story has of being interesting because she's just not good lol. And she makes the strangest faces.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. She's such a drip and the actress ruins any chance this story has of being interesting because she's just not good lol. And she makes the strangest faces.

The actress who plays always no matter what’s going on she also acts like she’s offended or like she’s being forced to be in the scenes. She’s really miscast as is the actress for Claire. They’re so basic

• Love 4

If I were brought in as a consultant tomorrow, these would be my recommendations:

Write out Ben & Ciara. Happy ending. 

Write out Nicole. Happy ending with Eric, off screen. 

Recast Claire. Think neurotic and electric. 

Bring back Jennifer. I'd prefer Cady. 

Keep Theo.

Bring back JJ. 

Write out Kristen. Maximum security this time. 

Write a real grownup Brady Chloe Philip triangle. 

I want to see Maggie in the Horton living room visiting with Julie and Jennifer. 

Roman and Kate reunite.

Bring back Will, without Sonny. I'm open to a recast. 

Bonnie is Adrienne. I don't care how. 

Lots of Sami and Lucas. Front and center. 

Edited by ajs1615
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

LOD goes to Gabi about the Salem PD

As contrived as those scenes were it was nice to see characters mix it up that normally wouldn't(Tripp/Ava w/ Gabi) I think that would open up story possibilities at least back in the day that was the case.

I actually find Ciara so much more watchable now that she has selective amnesia.. too bad it won't last.

• Love 7

Lol at Gabi's dig at SPD. "They never get it right..."

When do Allie and Ciara become so close that Allie ran to see her at the hospital?

They renovated the Dimera living room. When did Chad and Abby have time for that?

How is the Mafia Princess Mob boss behind on the rent? The bad writing to just have her at Rafes house. 

• Love 2