Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

And the actual murderer will be none of those. It will be Daniel.  He's not really dead.  And I don't really know what his motive is, but you can make up anything.  Do-gooder vigilante?  Sounds like something Daniel would do.

Wait, it's back from the dead Lexie taking her "pacifier" persona to the next level.

Now that you mention it, maybe a recast Hope is taking Ambien again and setting people on fire is sooooooooooo 2018.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

No when she was taking Ambien she went around beating up men as “Night Time Hope” lolz so corny. It was around those docks that EJ used to hang out at and where Brady got his ass kicked like 10x 

True but didn't that story conclude with her trying to set Bo on fire for dating Carly.

Should we add Princess Gina to the mix of possible suspects? Stevano? Hell, Susan Banks really.

My completely unspoiled speculation is that Sami was there cleaning up what she assumes was Allie's doing, to protect her daughter.

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

As nutty as Susan is, Kristin could make up the most outrageous load of crap that comes to mind and Ben and Claire would be dumb, desperate, and gullible enough to believe it as her psychic vision. Would have probably been more believable to them than, “you know what, bite me.”  Though that was funny. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think the actual killer of Charlie will be his mentioned yesterday bio father who has never been onscreen. 

I'm still holding onto this slim hope that Charlie's father, Jimmy Whatever, is actually Jake. Not only would it bring the story full swing, but give Jake a better story. I suspect him and Ava would have more chemistry on screen as exes than him and Kate as lovers. 

14 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

My completely unspoiled speculation is that Sami was there cleaning up what she assumes was Allie's doing, to protect her daughter.

Good idea. It would explain why Sami is so close-lipped about it all. I definitely don't think she did it. I think the scene of her standing over the body with the gun, saying he deserved it, is how she found him. I'm just not sure if the gun is hers and she showed up to shoot him and he was already dead or if she took the gun she found there cause she thought it was Allie's and wiped it clean and hid it.  But since Ron made such a big deal about the time, I have to think that's the clue she didn't do it since Charlie was killed "later that night" and Sami wasn't found in the apartment till "the next morning." Sami has had enough rodeos with crime to know not to stick around the scene that long. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I also had the thought that maybe a bunch of the suspects went to see Charlie that night and then some of them saw others leaving his apt so they think the person they saw leaving did it. So like, Ava saw Tripp leaving and thinks he did it and/or vice versa. Same for Sami and Allie.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm still holding onto this slim hope that Charlie's father, Jimmy Whatever, is actually Jake. Not only would it bring the story full swing, but give Jake a better story. I suspect him and Ava would have more chemistry on screen as exes than him and Kate as lovers. 

But wouldn't Jake remember having a son that he raised and remember it was Charlie?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

How does Lani know 83 people?

That was the bathroom?  I thought Sami was coming in the front door.

"Possible homicide"? Charlie's lying there with a bullet hole in his chest and it's just a possible homicide?

I thought so too about the front door. Looking closer, Sami is coming out of the bathroom because the front door is open next to her. It looks like they might have reshot it. Or it looked like the front door yesterday. 

Sami as the 1st suspect is telling me she didn’t do it.  Probably. 

• Love 3
On 2/25/2021 at 12:44 PM, Peanut6711 said:

"The Next Morning..." So it looks like Ron discovered a new feature in the editing room, and he's playing with that toy like a kid on Christmas morning. I wonder if tomorrow will start out, "After Lunch." 

As Ava related her sorted motherhood tale to Rafe it struck me that unless Charlie turns up alive, and this is Salem so its possible, the writing missed a potentially engaging story angle if Charlie would have decided to have a relationship with Henry because he didn't want Henry to feel abandoned like he did by Ava, only to find out that like his mother, he also didn't feel anything towards a child he didn't want and wasn't interested in the mother (Allie) because he really wanted Claire, like Ava who wasn't into Charlie's father because she still wanted Steve.  Could have produced some good scenes between him and Ava down the road. 

I suppose we can rule out Allie as the killer since Charlie was clearly shot above the belt.  Ben should be free and clear too since there was no necktie at the scene and he was presumably having a wet dream about Ciara when Charlie was taken down. 

Does Ron have teenagers doing virtual learning at home while he writes because I'm starting to have high school flashbacks with all these canonical novels he keeps tossing in as plot points.  I feel like he's getting his ideas from a zoom classroom in the background. 

Can Evan please bound and gag Ciara!  Pretty please.🙏  Her smug, bitchy attitude is so annoying. "I'm so rich and important, my granddaddy will pay buckets of his dirty money to get me back."🙄  "My serial killer GQ husband will save me. I already called him and he said....well okay fine he didn't say anything cause we had a bad connection and he couldn't hear me, but you should be worried just the same." 😆

You hit a home run with virtually every one of your magnificent posts but THIS one is the internet winner of the week!  Well done, as always.

I was hoping that Evan would have found his own classic novel and started bricking Ciara up in that room ala Edgar Allen Poe in The Cask of Amontillado.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That was the bathroom?  I thought Sami was coming in the front door.

I did too!  But I guess we're supposed to believe that Sami had to pee while she was there. 😁

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But wouldn't Jake remember having a son that he raised and remember it was Charlie?

You'd think, but this is Salem so I'm leaving open the possibility since I don't think they ever crossed paths. 

4 hours ago, boes said:

You hit a home run with virtually every one of your magnificent posts but THIS one is the internet winner of the week!  Well done, as always.

I was hoping that Evan would have found his own classic novel and started bricking Ciara up in that room ala Edgar Allen Poe in The Cask of Amontillado.

Thanks! But I'll gladly take second place to yours; "The Cask of Amontillado"--I love it. Can we subscribe Ron to the Poe of the month club and keep our fingers crossed? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

So Ava needed to live with Rafe because she couldn't be alone and needed safety, but Tripp was living in her apartment with 2 cops stationed outside? Why couldn't Ava live in her apartment?

Kristen is going to burn bridges with Brady and push him to Chloe. She does know Ciaria is related to Brady's right?  Brady's "dead" family he'd care about being found. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

So Ava needed to live with Rafe because she couldn't be alone and needed safety, but Tripp was living in her apartment with 2 cops stationed outside? Why couldn't Ava live in her apartment?

I didn't get that either. I feel like the writers keep forgetting where they have Tripp living. Plus there's now no reason for Ava to stay with Rafe. What was the point?

• Love 6

Lani knows 83 people? I don't know 83 people. Maybe as connections, but not friends. Where were they when she married Eli? How come they didn't send gifts? Baby gifts too?

Ben and Claire, you can't tell that Susan Banks is acting sort of oddly? And not a good odd? Why would she be making Brady pancakes unless she is the only one at the ever expanding condo who can cook.  Her 'bite me' was a pretty good comment.

Poor Susan. There aren't any sundae bars in Statesville Spa. I liked her being a blank with Lani. Talk about yourself because I have no idea who you are. And then her regular voice started to come out. Surely Lani can find a clue there. But we are talking about Lani. Kristen figures she'll be out in a month, huh? Suuuuure. Susan, you will be there for a long time til someone pulls the wig off your alter self and the teeth fly out.

If Ava's apartment has police guards, why is she staying with Rafe?

She didn't look too upset that her son was dead. Tripp at least seemed shocked.

Why was Sami at Charlie's place? Where would she get his address? Why was she in the bathroom? Did she think Allie did it and cleaned up the mess for any incriminating evidence like fingerprints? Speaking of Allie, she had a weird look on her face when Rafe informed both her and Nicole that Charlie was dead.

• Love 9

Re Allie’s weird look, I think everyone is supposed to appear a little guilty looking when they’re informed of Charlie’s death....heightening up the suspense as to who is the real killer and all.

Honestly, are we supposed to start feeling sorry for poor Ava? What kind of mother, whether she was ever able to love the kid are not, actually says, “I’m glad he’s dead”?   When she was going on about how Charlie has hurt people and blah, blah...has she no self awareness. I guess because she has now found the kid she loved and lost so much, that makes her a decent person and everything she ever did never happened.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Barton88 said:

Re Allie’s weird look, I think everyone is supposed to appear a little guilty looking when they’re informed of Charlie’s death....heightening up the suspense as to who is the real killer and all.

Honestly, are we supposed to start feeling sorry for poor Ava? What kind of mother, whether she was ever able to love the kid are not, actually says, “I’m glad he’s dead”?   When she was going on about how Charlie has hurt people and blah, blah...has she no self awareness. I guess because she has now found the kid she loved and lost so much, that makes her a decent person and everything she ever did never happened.

Yup, just like Kristen.  Motherhood has CHANGED her.  She is now a good person.  Speaking of Kristen, are we supposed to actually like her and be rooting for her?  She was unlikeable before - now she's insufferable.  Her comment about Ciara just flat out bitch.

Now that Charlie is dead I wonder what other flimsy excuse they'll come up with to keep Ava from going back to her own apartment - you know, the one with two armed police officers who were apparently incapable of adequately protecting her.

Rafe, you idiot, you aren't supposed to be telling a civilian about shots fired - even if it is near her son's place

And yes, they really seem to be going out of their way to make sure that not one person reacts with shock when they get the news that Charlie is dead.  The only one they seem to be letting off the hook is Claire - her first reaction was the memory of Allie threatening to shoot Charlie.  Unless she was planning on framing her - why would she flash back to that?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

So who called it in and assumed (or knew) he was dead?

It was probably one of the neighbors we were told couldn't hear Ava a few weeks back.  

That was rather anti-climatic for what I'm assuming was to be the BIG ENDING of February Sweeps.  Maybe I'm just annoyed that Charlie won't be on-screen for awhile, or ever, and I mostly don't give a damn who shot/killed him.  

Kristin and her pessimistic view of the world trying to be Susan and help Claire and Ben made me chuckle.  I can see Susan almost pulling off Kristin but Kristin is too self-absorbed and cynical to ever be Susan.  It's funny that Kristin can't contain her Inner Bitch, even when her freedom depends on it.  

1 hour ago, Barton88 said:

Honestly, are we supposed to start feeling sorry for poor Ava? What kind of mother, whether she was ever able to love the kid are not, actually says, “I’m glad he’s dead”?

My reading of those scenes is more of a sympathy towards Charlie, as Ava is openly stating that she wasn't able to love her own child, and she imagines that has damaged his psyche.  I don't even see Tamara Braun playing those scenes in a way that would incite sympathy for her character, but rather a realistic acceptance of the circumstances.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani knows 83 people? I don't know 83 people. Maybe as connections, but not friends. Where were they when she married Eli? How come they didn't send gifts? Baby gifts too?

Yeah that had me puzzled too.  I think if Lani looks closer at all those "friends" she thinks she has and checks the phone numbers they gave her, she's going to find that they all gave this

as their phone number.

Her Mom probably did too.

• LOL 9

I did an abbreviated catch up today.  Quick thoughts:

- The Susan persona is just not funny to me.  
- Allie - she’s her mother’s daughter on the ‘don’t get caught’ line
- I’m so over Sami-arrested-for-murder plots.  Has she gone over double digits now?
-ORKClaire vs NuClaire - I’m trying to mentally image ORKClaire with these lines, this plot line.  And I keep expecting there’s more depth there than what I’m seeing.   NuClaire seem pretty mentally healthy.  That’s a good thing for the character but a little slipping would make her more realistic.  
- Yay for Xander and Sarah!  I don’t trust Summer at all.   I miss Maggie.  What I want: Xander to become hugely successful at something else.   So when Phillip fails — he’s already adding the poison of revenge to his business - Xander will have the independent confirmation that he was the brains of the business.   Victor is a fool.  
- I like Kate/Jake.  I want that to work out.  Gabi is not root-able most of the time.  
-OTOH - you go Gabi! When it came to extracting an apology out of Abigail.  It felt like Abigail was influenced by her desire for Gabi’s help.  That’s not a good look.  I think they make the characters with flaws so I like when they acknowledge them.  

Work is horrible, so I’ll probably continue to skim along until whoever killed Charlie is resolved — I’m guessing 6 weeks.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

That was rather anti-climatic for what I'm assuming was to be the BIG ENDING of February Sweeps.  Maybe I'm just annoyed that Charlie won't be on-screen for awhile, or ever, and I mostly don't give a damn who shot/killed him.  

Kristin and her pessimistic view of the world trying to be Susan and help Claire and Ben made me chuckle.  I can see Susan almost pulling off Kristin but Kristin is too self-absorbed and cynical to ever be Susan.  It's funny that Kristin can't contain her Inner Bitch, even when her freedom depends on it.  

My reading of those scenes is more of a sympathy towards Charlie, as Ava is openly stating that she wasn't able to love her own child, and she imagines that has damaged his psyche.  I don't even see Tamara Braun playing those scenes in a way that would incite sympathy for her character, but rather a realistic acceptance of the circumstances.

I absolutely loved the scenes with Kristen-as-Susan with Ben and Claire. I laughed out loud several times. I agree with you completely; Kristen can just barely contain her rudeness and outright disgust for anyone who isn't Brady and Rachel. When she told Claire to "bite me" and Claire's started and deeply offended reaction, it was the most I enjoyed Kristen or Claire in months. My only question is what characterization is the show going for with Kristen. On one hand, we have Brady, Marlena, and Lani reciting episodes long monologues dedicated to her virtues and tremendous motherhood, but we also have episodes like this where she obviously doesn't give a damn about someone's life being in danger.

Lani has to be the worst cop ever, and that is quite a feat in Salem. Susan could give Lani a DNA sample, and I'm convinced Lani still wouldn't figure out that isn't Kristen she's speaking too. However, I was actually shocked at how much more normal Susan seemed. With the exception of constantly playing with or covering her mouth that the actress does when she's Susan, I thought Susan was pretty convincing as Kristen.

I agree with your reading about the Charlie/Ava scenes. Nothing about them seemed to be playing a remorseful mother, but moreso a woman who realizes that her lack of love toward her son is what made him a monster - it feels weird to call Charlie a monster in a world where Sami is considered a sane citizen. I'm not the biggest fan of TB's acting, but I wouldn't mind if they explored the idea of not enjoying motherhood and how that impacts the woman. While watching the Ava/Tripp scenes, all I could do is wonder what does the show see in Tripp as a character that they don't see in JJ or Joey. I'm not a fan of any of these characters, but the show obviously has deep investment in Tripp.

The Nicole/Allie scenes made it obvious that the show doesn't know what to do with Nicole right now. AZ is easily one of the strongest actresses on the show, but the show is constantly struggling to figure out where to place her. I'm okay with the Nicole/Allie scenes and even like their dynamic. However, with Eric off canvas, it seems strange that Allie is Nicole's strongest tie to the canvas right now. Why isn't Nicole sharing more scenes with Chloe and Brady. It'll even make sense for her to be in the Kristen/Susan storyline considering Nicole's history with the Dimeras and Kristen. I'm just not sure what Nicole's purpose is right now, which makes me sad.

Sami by far was the highlight of the episode. I like that they made Rafe a little more bitchy toward Sami and constantly taking little jabs at how many times Sami has found herself on the wrong side of the law. I can't' wait to see her dynamic with Allie and Marlena.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I agree with your reading about the Charlie/Ava scenes. Nothing about them seemed to be playing a remorseful mother, but moreso a woman who realizes that her lack of love toward her son is what made him a monster - it feels weird to call Charlie a monster in a world where Sami is considered a sane citizen. I'm not the biggest fan of TB's acting, but I wouldn't mind if they explored the idea of not enjoying motherhood and how that impacts the woman. While watching the Ava/Tripp scenes, all I could do is wonder what does the show see in Tripp as a character that they don't see in JJ or Joey. I'm not a fan of any of these characters, but the show obviously has deep investment in Tripp.

Ava is a monster, she murdered 5 people in addition to kidnapping and attempted murder.   The fact that Ava's son is being groomed to be a lead character over real legacy children like Joey and JJ explains why soaps have been losing viewers for years with no end in sight.

• Love 5

I don't hate Tripp but I don't think he should exist either. Lucas Adams is good but he should've been cast as Benji Hawk that way he can be connected to Steve/Kayla without wrecking their history like I felt this kid has. 

The difference with Tripp and JJ/Joey is that Tripp isn't related to every potential love interest he could possibly have like JJ and Joey are. 

Course they could've brought back Stephanie instead who doesn't have this much of an issue. I rather Stephanie return pregnant instead of Allie but she would be carrying Phillip's kid but doesn't tell him because she doesn't want her child around Victor and Phillip knew Ava was alive and kept it from her etc.

A Phillip/Stephanie baby would've provided way more dramatic impact than a Charlie/Allie baby ever could.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The only one they seem to be letting off the hook is Claire - her first reaction was the memory of Allie threatening to shoot Charlie.  Unless she was planning on framing her - why would she flash back to that?

I interpreted it to mean that Claire will think Allie's guilty, but she will do things to try to protect her while assuming she's the guilty party because she'll feel partially responsible for going to see her the night before and telling her about her failed confessions recording.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

There is a small part of me that thinks Charlie's dad did it. 

That's what I think as well. Well, actually, like I've said before, I think the writers didn't have a clue who it was when they wrote this lol. They'll just decide who it is later based on what plot points they want. But still, I think it turning out to be his dad is a good bet. That way it's not anyone we actually know or care about but it's someone that we have heard of so they can claim it's not just some rando.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's what I think as well. Well, actually, like I've said before, I think the writers didn't have a clue who it was when they wrote this lol. They'll just decide who it is later based on what plot points they want. But still, I think it turning out to be his dad is a good bet. That way it's not anyone we actually know or care about but it's someone that we have heard of so they can claim it's not just some rando.

Can't it be Julie who did it?  Please??

They could write it as sort of an accident.  He opened the door, she opened her mouth, and Charlie's body just sort of spontaneously blew up because of her incessant yammering and he just bled out?  

I'm sure she could talk someone to death.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

GabiBaby, GabiHomes, GabiGifts. Gabi Chic has gone more mundane.

Dammit, show us Mike!

Stacy is doing a great job of playing Susan playing Kristen. But Kristen pretending to be Susan is really awful.

• Love 4

Not to be the voice of reason in a really stupid plot, but couldn’t Brady have just eaten the pancakes while they were warm/fresh and then reheated the muffin later for a snack? Seemed like a lot of fuss and chaos over breakfast.  I was kinda hoping Marlena would come home, observe "Susan" having a hissy fit over feeding Brady, and decide a little time at Bayview was in order. Would be hilarious for Kristin to end up locked up there after her old switcheroo. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I noticed that Abigail was only shot above the waist.

'Susan Banks' acted out of line and certifiable. If I was Brady, I'd have a chat with my host and ask the host to talk to the guest about her behaviour. Doctor Evans should have a chat with her about boundaries. No reason to go after Chloe who made some homemade muffins. No ulterior motive. Just doing something nice for someone. Have the cold pancakes and save the muffins for a snack.

Lani, your pal was acting weird and that she did not even know you or anything. Did you not notice that all the conversation was about you and that she could not remember details of your friendship? Also the weird accent that came out? The complaints about the Jello substitute (I know it's a brand name and unless it is advertised on TV, you can't use it), knowing little about the time in Italy, etc.

I appreciate that Jack was able to talk to Gwen as an adult. He still doesn't trust her but he is trying and it is more than Gwen could probably hope for.

Abs, Gabi is right in that you struggle with revenge. And really, she isn't interested.

Hi Aunt Paulina! Looks like Lani is not thrilled to see you.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I noticed that Abigail was only shot above the waist.

There was a below-the-waist shot of her when she was talking to Jack but her back was to the camera, so you couldn't really see anything.  If Marci Miller is going on a maternity leave anytime soon, I'm going to miss her.  

On that note, I kinda hate that MM's Abigail is making a Deal-With-The-Devil/Gabi but I also love that her quest for revenge is leading her down a path that will likely come with undesirable results.  Jake has been a good friend to her.  

On 2/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, 4evaQuez said:

AZ is easily one of the strongest actresses on the show, but the show is constantly struggling to figure out where to place her.

It's so frustrating because I love AZ but this whimpering, flaccid version of Nicole is not something that makes any sense at all.  I used to root for Nicole, even when she was at her worst, but now I do a little dance with my finger over the FF button when she's on screen.  

Not that I'm saying anyone is wrong about Charlie's killer being some random, currently off-screen character but the show doesn't necessarily function like that anymore.  There are plenty of characters who have committed multiple felonies on-screen at this time, so it could be anyone.  But please, please, please don't make Charlie dead-dead. 

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 3
On 2/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, 4evaQuez said:

but I wouldn't mind if they explored the idea of not enjoying motherhood and how that impacts the woman.

This could be so fascinating but I don't think the writers are bold enough to explore it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

On that note, I kinda hate that MM's Abigail is making a Deal-With-The-Devil/Gabi but I also love that her quest for revenge is leading her down a path that will likely come with undesirable results.  Jake has been a good friend to her.  

Jake has been a friend to Abby?

I only like this Deal between the ladies because it ties back into their history in a very soapy way. They started out as friends. I don't like Gabi being positioned as the Evil Person who must help Holy Abigail because her innate goodness makes it impossible for her to conceive of a revenge plot on her own though. Come on.

And did anyone else notice how they sidestepped Gabi reminding Abby how her twisted brain left Gabi to rot in jail and get beaten until she couldn't have kids anymore? Yeah. I did. It's the big reason Gabi hates her now.

The Susan/Kristen stuff was painfully overplayed from a writing standpoint. When Reilly wrote this nobody immediately saw that Kristen was acting waaaay out of character. And now Lani, the moron, is already seeing through the switch? And Brady too?

If Ron really wanted another Kristen in disguise plot, he'd have been better off letting AZ play her again since she's without a decent plot right now.

I can't say enough how bad Sal is. Even after five years, she couldn't bring humor or subtlety or variety to her scenes with Stacy. So disappointing. 

And how the heck can you bring takeout to a friend in jail?? 🙄

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
(edited)

"I don't want the people of Salem to think they can take the law into their own hands." Is this day 2 of Abe living in Salem? The only people who don't take the law into their own hands are infants, and at this point, it wouldn't even be shocking if Henry shot Charlie because Charlie made his formula too hot and burned his tongue. Abe truly does not know the people he shares a town with.

"Do you remember what we used to do in the convent?" I thought that conversation was going to go in a completely different direction.

Shockingly, I found the Kristen/Susan scenes hilarious be they with Chloe/Brady or Lani. I think SH is actually doing a better job playing the two acting as the other than when she plays them as themselves. Somehow, Lani was actually likable to me in those scenes as opposed to me constantly rolling my eyes at her. I wish there was more menace in these scenes as I can't imagine what threat Kristen will be to Chloe right now, but they are still quite enjoyable. Dare I say, even a highlight.

I feel I'm constantly complaining about Abby, and today will be no different. The show expects us to believe that Abby is just too innocent, naïve, and demure to ever know how to seek vengeance against someone who wronged her, so she needs Gabi - who's failed at every revenge scheme she ever planned - to help her seek vengeance against Gwen. This is the same Abby that physically assaulted three of the women in the very episode - Gwen multiple times, Gabi, and Chloe - the same Abby who killed a man, the same Abby who attempted to set another man on fire, the same Abby who faked her death, the same Abby who entered into a quickie marriage, the same Abby who attempted to break up two different marriages. This Abby is just too loving, modest, and timid to ever know how to seek vengeance. I'm not buying what you're selling show but somehow it's still in my basket.

I actually wouldn't even mind Abby going to Gabi if it was subconsciously because she wants a fall woman for when her scheme inevitably fails. Or even is she wants to do something terrible, but she needs Gabi, so she can make Gabi accountable for her own detestable actions. "I didn't want vengeance against Gwen. I wanted to forgive, but Gabi convinced me otherwise" type thing. But this is not what the show is portraying to us at all.

So, I love to look at photos in people homes. There are two in particular that have been causing me to ask a lot of questions.

1. In Jennifer and Jack's home, they have a photo of Maggie solo quite prominently in their home right next to a photo of Jack. I honestly can't figure out why. If it were Maggie with Alice I could understand, but Maggie solo? Jennifer and Maggie don't seem particularly close, and I just can't understand why it is almost a centerpiece in the home. The picture is very prominent in the background. It's also been more than a decade since Maggie lived in the Horton house, and she barely interacts with them anymore. I just find it as peculiar as if Maggie had a prominent photo of Jennifer in the Kiriakis household. 

2. In John and Marlena's condo, there seems to be a real life photo of Deidre Hall and her twin sister - which for the purpose of the show would have to be Marlena and Hattie - since they are older in the photo, so it can't be a photo of Sam. I say "seems" because the photo is far in the background, and the second woman is a little out of focus, but she seems to be of similar height and features as DH, but it's hard to tell. I keep staring at the photo whenever I can see it because I wonder if it's supposed to be a picture of the characters or the real life sisters. I'm sure I'm thinking about this entirely too much.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I only like this Deal between the ladies because it ties back into their history in a very soapy way. They started out as friends. I don't like Gabi being positioned as the Evil Person who must help Holy Abigail because her innate goodness makes it impossible for her to conceive of a revenge plot on her own though. Come on.

And did anyone else notice how they sidestepped Gabi reminding Abby how her twisted brain left Gabi to rot in jail and get beaten until she couldn't have kids anymore? Yeah. I did. It's the big reason Gabi hates her now.

In today's episode, Gabi got to explain to Gwen about Princess Abs sending her to prison and the horrible beating Gabi took because of her wrong imprisonment--in another life, these two ladies could have been friends 🙂  And I think Abby needing Gabi's help isn't supposed to imply that Abs is too pure to come up with a revenge plot but that Abby just isn't hardcore enough--she's had a pretty easy life in comparison to Gabi and Gwen's sufferings and she needs someone who's lead a tough life as well to help her beat Gwen.  Enter Gabi.

I do think Jack is in a difficult spot in that he wants to emotionally support both daughters but Abby's forcing him to choose.

I can not stand another day of the Kristen/Susan switcheroo--it's not cute or funny or wacky or anything else.  It is just painful.  And I can't stand that Chloe in the middle of this ridiculous story because she is about as riveting to watch as Kristen/Susan.  Although I do love how Chloe went through such a terrifying ordeal at the hands of a Mexican drug lord, but according to Brady and Eve, Theresa had an awesome time being held against her will--and no, I will never stop beating this dead horse.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

"Do you remember what we used to do in the convent?" I thought that conversation was going to go in a completely different direction.

Head canon. 

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

So, I love to look at photos in people homes. There are two in particular that have been causing me to ask a lot of questions.

1. In Jennifer and Jack's home, they have a photo of Maggie solo quite prominently in their home right next to a photo of Jack. I honestly can't figure out why. If it were Maggie with Alice I could understand, but Maggie solo? Jennifer and Maggie don't seem particularly close, and I just can't understand why it is almost a centerpiece in the home. The picture is very prominent in the background. It's also been more than a decade since Maggie lived in the Horton house, and she barely interacts with them anymore. I just find it as peculiar as if Maggie had a prominent photo of Jennifer in the Kiriakis household. 

2. In John and Marlena's condo, there seems to be a real life photo of Deidre Hall and her twin sister - which for the purpose of the show would have to be Marlena and Hattie - since they are older in the photo, so it can't be a photo of Sam. I say "seems" because the photo is far in the background, and the second woman is a little out of focus, but she seems to be of similar height and features as DH, but it's hard to tell. I keep staring at the photo whenever I can see it because I wonder if it's supposed to be a picture of the characters or the real life sisters. I'm sure I'm thinking about this entirely too much.

I've had the same two thoughts about the same two pictures.

The nod to Maggie's historic importance to that family doesn't bother me. Since Maggie is stuck on Kiriakis Island, this is the only way we're ever going to see her on that set.

The picture of what also looked to me like Diedre and her sister took me out of the scene for a moment I was so confused. I've decided Makena took an old picture of her and Samantha and had someone digitally age them to her current age. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I will not watch Stacey as Kristen/Susan anymore. Never liked her in the role but now I just can't. The screeching today was the end for me.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, rcc said:

I will not watch Stacey as Kristen/Susan anymore. Never liked her in the role but now I just can't. The screeching today was the end for me.

Between Stacy and Jackee I developed a migraine fast

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

"I don't want the people of Salem to think they can take the law into their own hands." Is this day 2 of Abe living in Salem? The only people who don't take the law into their own hands are infants, and at this point, it wouldn't even be shocking if Henry shot Charlie because Charlie made his formula too hot and burned his tongue. Abe truly does not know the people he shares a town with.

4evaQuez you have won the internetty thang!  Those two paragraphs along deserve their own Emmy/Oscar/Golden Globe.  FAB U LOUS!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Abigail is absolutely right to not want Gwen to be part of the family & not trust her, and like she said, she is still suffering from hallucinations from the drug Gwen slipped her. I feel for Jack - he is in a tough spot between the daughter he adores and the one he wants to get to know & feels a lot of guilt towards. Plus, he must see that Gwen is basically in the role he was in when he discovered he was a Johnson, and that's partly why he wants to reach out to her. It really is a good soapy plot, but he is wrong to want Abby to move past what Gwen has done to her. Abby attacking Gwen at the cemetery is nowhere near similar to Gwen drugging her and sleeping with her husband. As a Jack fan, I appreciate that this storyline is kind of about him and does not revolve around Jennifer. I just wish he would have some scenes with Steve so he could vent his frustrations and they could acknowledge the irony that Jack is now in the Jo role and he has his own Jack to deal with. I guess that would make JJ Adrienne in this little family saga.

Holy crap, Gabi works quick! 🤣

• Love 6

I knew it was leading up to some kind of con on Gwen, but damn Gabi and Gwen teaming up would have provided a much needed surge of energy into this show. Instead, we get Kristen-As-Susan screeching and no one being the wiser. I have no hope of this, but c'mon Brady. Use the 1 brain cell that is keeping you alive and see how incredibly problematic your girlfriend is.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I knew it was leading up to some kind of con on Gwen, but damn Gabi and Gwen teaming up would have provided a much needed surge of energy into this show. Instead, we get Kristen-As-Susan screeching and no one being the wiser. I have no hope of this, but c'mon Brady. Use the 1 brain cell that is keeping you alive and see how incredibly problematic your girlfriend is.

I too would have loved to see a true Team Gabi/Gwen. There was definitely more charisma between those two on screen than a Gabi/Abi pairing. 

I also agree the Kristin/Susan, Brady, Chloe plot is already wearing thin.  Kristin is nuts, and Chloe is too starry eyed over Brady, who is hardly a prize to fight over in the first place.  Not to mention the contrived angles of the situation.  Like why is Susan still a house guest at Marlena's to begin with? She arrived because of her premonition about Brady but he was already shot so she could have returned to TN the next morning.  Surely it's time for Marlena to suggest that "Susan" is wearing out her welcome.  And on the flip side, isn't Chloe missing her kid? She arrived just before Christmas and it's now after Valentine's Day.  I fear Parker will have to mail her a Mother's Day card at the rate this is going, 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I knew it was leading up to some kind of con on Gwen, but damn Gabi and Gwen teaming up would have provided a much needed surge of energy into this show. 

12 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I too would have loved to see a true Team Gabi/Gwen.

This! What a missed opportunity. I still like the Abigail/Gabi team-up (and still want them to hate fuck lol) but Gabi double-crossing Abigail and working with Gwen would have been magic and a really fun twist.

This was the first time in so long that I watched the entire ep. The Kristen as Susan thing is stupid as hell but I love Phillip and he made those scenes worth watching. And I already love Jackee and the energy she brings out in Lani. SS and LM looked absolutely over-the-moon to work with her, which was cute. All in all, I just thought this was a really entertaining ep. I hope they can keep it up but I have my doubts and figure I'll be back to fast forwarding a good chunk as early as tomorrow lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Abigail is absolutely right to not want Gwen to be part of the family & not trust her, and like she said, she is still suffering from hallucinations from the drug Gwen slipped her. I feel for Jack - he is in a tough spot between the daughter he adores and the one he wants to get to know & feels a lot of guilt towards. Plus, he must see that Gwen is basically in the role he was in when he discovered he was a Johnson, and that's partly why he wants to reach out to her. It really is a good soapy plot, but he is wrong to want Abby to move past what Gwen has done to her. Abby attacking Gwen at the cemetery is nowhere near similar to Gwen drugging her and sleeping with her husband. As a Jack fan, I appreciate that this storyline is kind of about him and does not revolve around Jennifer. I just wish he would have some scenes with Steve so he could vent his frustrations and they could acknowledge the irony that Jack is now in the Jo role and he has his own Jack to deal with. I guess that would make JJ Adrienne in this little family saga.

Holy crap, Gabi works quick! 🤣

JJ at least has a better ending than Adrienne here.. as he is off screen and spared from this awful storyline.. 

• Love 2