Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Susan needs to go to back to jail with Kristen and never be seen again. I just can’t with this storyline. It just makes everyone even dumber than they already are. Also, Jackee is good for a one off but long term? No way! No how! She has past her usefulness with 227 & Sister Sister. That said, I did like her on AW as Lily because she was just starting out and was different for daytime. That ship has long since sailed though. 

• Love 6

The Susan/Kristen plot is boring. Surely she would have revealed herself to Brady by now. And who most likely will be taking her back to jail, filing for sole custody of Rachel, and letting her stay in jail. Can't he use his one remaining non-ham brain cell to figure out that Susan is taking a really unusual interest in him and seems a bit obsessed? Chloe isn't the problem, really. And no, fake Susan, don't tell Philip that he and Chloe are meant to be.

I hoped that Gwen and Gabi would be a team to get back at Abs. Too bad that the plan was to do this and fizzled out. It would have been a good double cross. Gabi works fast and Gwen gets drunk fast.

The Deveraux family does not have to automatically accept a new member of the family - aka a long lost unknown daughter. Granted, family is family and whether you like them or not, they are still family. You can set boundaries and only decide on a casual relationship and not a major attempt to bring someone in to the fold. As an adult, why would you want to do this? You can have a mature relationship and still be 'family'. Jack is trying to do what the right thing is, but is this the right thing?

Chloe, it is not your business if Sarah wants to marry Xander. Her life, her choice. Help her with dress shopping suggestions and that is it. Xander may not be a great guy, but if Sarah thinks he is great, then good for her. She knows what he is and she accepts that and wants him in her life. Maybe she does see a small diamond in the rough.

Aunt Paulina is a bit much. I do like Jackee but she may get very tiring very fast. Hope they eventually show the contents of the blankets.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The Susan/Kristen plot is boring. Surely she would have revealed herself to Brady by now. And who most likely will be taking her back to jail, filing for sole custody of Rachel, and letting her stay in jail. Can't he use his one remaining non-ham brain cell to figure out that Susan is taking a really unusual interest in him and seems a bit obsessed? Chloe isn't the problem, really. And no, fake Susan, don't tell Philip that he and Chloe are meant to be.

I hoped that Gwen and Gabi would be a team to get back at Abs. Too bad that the plan was to do this and fizzled out. It would have been a good double cross. Gabi works fast and Gwen gets drunk fast.

The Deveraux family does not have to automatically accept a new member of the family - aka a long lost unknown daughter. Granted, family is family and whether you like them or not, they are still family. You can set boundaries and only decide on a casual relationship and not a major attempt to bring someone in to the fold. As an adult, why would you want to do this? You can have a mature relationship and still be 'family'. Jack is trying to do what the right thing is, but is this the right thing?

Chloe, it is not your business if Sarah wants to marry Xander. Her life, her choice. Help her with dress shopping suggestions and that is it. Xander may not be a great guy, but if Sarah thinks he is great, then good for her. She knows what he is and she accepts that and wants him in her life. Maybe she does see a small diamond in the rough.

Aunt Paulina is a bit much. I do like Jackee but she may get very tiring very fast. Hope they eventually show the contents of the blankets.

I thought Gwen & Gabi were pulling a fast one on Abigail. How did the plan fizzle out? I’m confused.

1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I thought Gwen & Gabi were pulling a fast one on Abigail. How did the plan fizzle out? I’m confused.

Abigail came to Gwen's hotel room and Gabi told her that the plan was working. I really also thought that Gabi was going to two-time Abs.

1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Abigail came to Gwen's hotel room and Gabi told her that the plan was working. I really also thought that Gabi was going to two-time Abs.

I still think she (Gabi) is. I guess we’ll have to wait till tomorrow to find out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Why would Gabi double cross Abigail?  Scratch that, why would she hook up with the woman who framed her for poisoning Abigail? 

Like Gabi said. She hates Abigail more then Gwen. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jake has been a friend to Abby?

Uhhh, yes.  Have you watched any of their scenes together?  

12 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

The show expects us to believe that Abby is just too innocent, naïve, and demure to ever know how to seek vengeance against someone who wronged her, so she needs Gabi - who's failed at every revenge scheme she ever planned - to help her seek vengeance against Gwen. This is the same Abby that physically assaulted three of the women in the very episode - Gwen multiple times, Gabi, and Chloe - the same Abby who killed a man, the same Abby who attempted to set another man on fire, the same Abby who faked her death, the same Abby who entered into a quickie marriage, the same Abby who attempted to break up two different marriages. This Abby is just too loving, modest, and timid to ever know how to seek vengeance. I'm not buying what you're selling show but somehow it's still in my basket.

I actually wouldn't even mind Abby going to Gabi if it was subconsciously because she wants a fall woman for when her scheme inevitably fails. Or even is she wants to do something terrible, but she needs Gabi, so she can make Gabi accountable for her own detestable actions. "I didn't want vengeance against Gwen. I wanted to forgive, but Gabi convinced me otherwise" type thing. But this is not what the show is portraying to us at all.

Abigail being too naive to know how to devise her own revenge plot against Gwen is an perfect example of how the show prefers plot over character, but I was also leaning towards Abigail subconsciously using Gabi as a kind of scapegoat for whatever happens with Gwen.  And in a way, that actually does fall in line with the dynamic between Abigail and Gabi.  

12 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think SH is actually doing a better job playing the two acting as the other than when she plays them as themselves.

Me, too.  I love how Kristin's hatred for Chloe is totally clouding her ability to be a convincing "Susan".  The Weeping-Mother-In-Prison version of Kristin is groan-worthy.  I think Stacy Haiduk is more entertaining when Kristin is allowed to be the rotten person she is.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Kristen as Susan thing is stupid as hell but I love Phillip and he made those scenes worth watching.

For once we're on the same page about Philip!  I enjoyed JKJ throughout all of those scenes, and my only disappointment was that Philip didn't get to figure out that "Susan" was Kristin, because it felt like he was smart enough to figure her out.  But dragging out plot points usually trumps characters in Salem, USA.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

And no, fake Susan, don't tell Philip that he and Chloe are meant to be.

I enjoyed how JKJ and Nadia Bjorlin played those scenes, with Philip seeming sincerely hopeful that "Susan" could be right, and Chloe looking relieved that she avoided having dinner with Philip.  Poor Philip.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope they eventually show the contents of the blankets.

That's expensive, lol.  Whoever has to plan out how much it costs for each scene probably hates it that it can't be explained away why two newborns aren't with their mother, like just about every other young child on the show.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That still doesn't really explain to me why she'd even bother.  She might hate Abigail more than Gwen but I still think it'd be a stretch for her to get involved in their mess then.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That still doesn't really explain to me why she'd even bother. 

Also, Abigail promised to break up Jake & Kate, so that Gabi could get Jake back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

“Ahh EYE allreedah toll yewwwww eye hayd Eeee nufff of SuzANN yuk yuk”

of sorry I typed that in SH’s country accent. I’ve had enough of Susan. Ron, the dick head sadist thinks it’s funny to make our ears bleed w that and the constant baby hyperventilating sound effect, this must be kink of, his auditory torture. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Why would Gabi double cross Abigail?  Scratch that, why would she hook up with the woman who framed her for poisoning Abigail? 

Yeah, Gabi pretty much told Abby she has nothing to gain in this stupid war between sisters. Gabi wanting Abby to break up Jake/Kate is lame. The guy pretty much salivates everytime he sees her.

I think this a way to use up Marci's guarantees before she's leaves for maternity leave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I don't know what is more difficult to endure, Susan's loud, screechy Southern friend insanity, Kristen's hysterical, nearly murderous speeches or Sarah's cutesy baby voices--DAMN!  I almost forgot Bonnie's strangely changing accents as well--sometimes she sounds Southern and sometimes she sounds like she's trying to sound like she's from the streets.  WTF??!!

I am enjoying Gabi and Abs' scenes, especially when they were trying to explain their weirdness to Bonnie and now that they are adding Gwen to the mix and I'm actually looking forward to their plot unfolding.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don't know what is more difficult to endure, Susan's loud, screechy Southern friend insanity, Kristen's hysterical, nearly murderous speeches or Sarah's cutesy baby voices--DAMN!  I almost forgot Bonnie's strangely changing accents as well--sometimes she sounds Southern and sometimes she sounds like she's trying to sound like she's from the streets.  WTF??!!

I am enjoying Gabi and Abs' scenes, especially when they were trying to explain their weirdness to Bonnie and now that they are adding Gwen to the mix and I'm actually looking forward to their plot unfolding.

I was chuckling through the scenes with Gabi & Abby as they tried to explain what they were doing with a laundry cart in the town square 🙂  Marci & Camilla's faces were a hoot.  And Xander looked Hot in his Kilt! 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

Yeah, Gabi pretty much told Abby she has nothing to gain in this stupid war between sisters. Gabi wanting Abby to break up Jake/Kate is lame. The guy pretty much salivates everytime he sees her.

Not to be a bitch but what’s the big appeal of Jake? At one point, Gabi, Gwen, and Kate we’re sprung over him and looks and personality are average. 

Yes @kitmerlot1213 Sarah’s simpering voice, kiddish mannerisms and weird hair and style have me not really liking this character anymore. 

• Love 6

Highlight of the episode (apart from half naked Xander of course) was finally seeing Steve and Jack together. Please let this scene continue tomorrow- there is SO much they could do with this story by bringing up Jack's history.  Also lovely to have a break from Susan screaming at me, and no CIN as well! Actually really liked all I was offered today

• Love 17

After today's scene in the town square, I'm enjoying the Gabi-Abigail pairing. The sparing yet having to work together is working well so far, and the actresses seem to be having fun with this story.

Xander as a character is super problematic for me, but Paul Telfer in that kilt was not. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Not to be a bitch but what’s the big appeal of Jake? At one point, Gabi, Gwen, and Kate we’re sprung over him and looks and personality are average. 

Yes @kitmerlot1213 Sarah’s simpering voice, kiddish mannerisms and weird hair and style have me not really liking this character anymore. 

I agree. I don't get the appeal either. LOL

• Love 3

How did Gabi/Abi get past the front desk/lobby of the Salem Inn without being seen? And how far is Town Square from the Dimera's? Quite the workout they must have gotten pushing a linen cart loaded down with Gwen through the cold and snow. 

For a second there, I though Bonnie was going to be the ultimate crime stopper. None the less, she's still more intuitive than Lanni, who would have probably helped push the cart through town square simply because Abi & Gabbi are mothers. 

When Abi/Gabby get slapped with kidnapping charges, I wonder if they tack on a few counts of transporting stolen goods?

lol @ Zander's "little prick."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Xander as a character is super problematic for me, but Paul Telfer in that kilt was not. 

Not that he was wearing a kilt (as far as I can recall) but Telfer was in a few episodes of The Vampire Diaries as a viking(?).  Anyway, I saw him first on DOOL, so when I binge-watched TVD, I saw him, and said to myself "Hey - that's Xander from DOOL!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"Are you the only doctor in the hospital?"  Well, yes, apparently.

If Justin is so upset at being seen in public with Bonnie, why is he in public with her?

Why is Gabi wearing a negligee?

"Just a little prick."

Abigail and Gabi's bickering is hilarious.

"It's bad luck to see me in my  wedding dress."  That was funny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

How did Gabi/Abi get past the front desk/lobby of the Salem Inn without being seen? And how far is Town Square from the Dimera's? Quite the workout they must have gotten pushing a linen cart loaded down with Gwen through the cold and snow. 

For a second there, I though Bonnie was going to be the ultimate crime stopper. None the less, she's still more intuitive than Lanni, who would have probably helped push the cart through town square simply because Abi & Gabbi are mothers. 

When Abi/Gabby get slapped with kidnapping charges, I wonder if they tack on a few counts of transporting stolen goods?

lol @ Zander's "little prick."

Or, she would let Abigail go (she's a mother!) but would accuse Gabi of transporting her kidnapped twins, despite them being warm and safe at home with their father et al.

• LOL 6

I am surprised that I like MM's Abby a lot more this time around. She fits in this sort of element and the show decided hey her Abby needed some fire to her.  I don't get why they wanted her so lifeless the last time around probably because they have her interacting with other people beyond Chad(who I  find a weak link at this point).

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Abby has been a lot more entertaining past few days with Gabi. I've enjoyed them. 

Jack's just been ridiculous defending Gwen. 

It pains me to say it, since I hate Gabi, but - yes - their scenes have been very entertaining. They do have great chemistry.

Some of the things coming out of Jack's mouth were so ridiculous. "Gwen is contrite?!" On what planet? I know Jack didn't hear it, but witch just told Gabi yesterday she's not sorry for the things she's done. Being contrite means you feel remorse for your actions.

• Love 6

Gabi and Abs were entertaining. Surely Gwen doesn't weigh that much. But she would be deadweight of sorts. They'd have been better off helping the poor drunk out of the hotel. No one would have really noticed. Except for Bonnie. At first I thought they took Gwen to the DiMera Crypt. Guess it is the wine cellar. Of course Abs wants to move back in to the mansion - hard to deal with Gwennie if she is not around.

Jack can be open to be supportive of his new daughter. She is still a stranger, he knows very little about her, and she had targetted his family. Yes, she had a rough time as a kid. We all did. Decide what sort of relationship you want and take slow steps. Chad had a lot of insightful things to say to him.

Justin, not everyone wants to spend dinner with others. Sometimes they want to be by themselves. And some folks do not like Bonnie and find it strange that you are dating your dead wife's doppelganger.

Xander was comic relief with his wedding day kilt. Lucky seamstress. At least Sarah won't be marrying a boring dude. Thought the mention of his Scottish side may lead to the intro of some of his other family at some point.

• Love 11

Today's episode had to be written by that one script writer that I like.  We got a reference to Kayla being the only doctor at the hospital, Gabi using the word "aphorism" in a sentence, and Chad mentioning a show (Father Knows Best) that he's likely never seen or heard of, all in one episode.  

Judi Evans decided to tone down that awful accent she was using for Bonnie but I still couldn't get through all of those Gabi/Abigail scenes because of her.  

While I agree that Gwen is completely untrustworthy, I can see where Jack is coming from in wanting to support her, and I hope he gets tired of defending himself real soon.  Chad is the last person who needs to be throwing a stone.  

It's hilarious that Gabi thinks that when Gwen wakes up she'll be facing her worst nightmare, because if there's anyone who can give Abigail and Gabi a run for their money, it's Gwen.  Gwen is stone cold, heartless at times.  

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I am surprised that I like MM's Abby a lot more this time around. She fits in this sort of element and the show decided hey her Abby needed some fire to her. 

I suspect MM has a little more confidence in herself, which is showing up in her performance, and I also think that Billy Flynn's desire to have her there portraying Abigail has helped this time around.  

• Love 11

Marci Miller’s Abby is more enjoyable to watch and she has a nice chemistry with the cast. I’m glad she came back. I think she tries to do her best with material to find nuance or meaning to it and that makes a world of difference. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

While I agree that Gwen is completely untrustworthy, I can see where Jack is coming from in wanting to support her, and I hope he gets tired of defending himself real soon.  Chad is the last person who needs to be throwing a stone.  

I agree. It makes sense and I don't see a problem with it. For one, with Jack, Gwen actually does show contrition. Maybe it's real, maybe not, maybe half lol, but in any case she does let him see that. Now, Jack shouldn't expect or ask Abigail and Jennifer to forgive Gwen or give her a second chance, but he should feel free to do it himself.

I actually ended up fast forwarding the Chad/Jack scenes about half way through though because Chad was shouting every single word and it was making my headache worse.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Not that he was wearing a kilt (as far as I can recall) but Telfer was in a few episodes of The Vampire Diaries as a viking(?).  Anyway, I saw him first on DOOL, so when I binge-watched TVD, I saw him, and said to myself "Hey - that's Xander from DOOL!"

I remember him in the Brave plotline on Once Upon a time. Also half naked in a kilt and decked out in blue war paint. I enjoyed him there too

• Love 4

"She held me at gunpoint, and she could have killed me!!!...but she deposited me half naked into my former lover's bed."  I think Belle missed that last part. Instead it was the usual treatment of Sami by her family, pointing out how awful Sami's shit reeks while ignoring the dump Belle just took on the floor. You'd think Little Miss Izzie B never suggested killing Charlie. Not even 24 hours before.  And I know the soaps do love their sexual dubious consent but damn if those scenes didn't feel like legal dubious consent as Sami spilled her story without the verbal agreement of representation or attorney-client privilege from Belle, and in a room that's been established to be recorded no less.  I almost hope that when Belle throws her fit about Sami lying to her, cause I just see that coming next,  that Sami retorts back, "Well you wouldn't guarantee me confidentially so of course I'm not going to tell you the straight story until you officially agree to represent me. Duh."

Over at Statesville, I guess Orpheus got tired of Kristin hogging the phone and got another burner cellphone. He better not be dead. I've barely forgiven Clyde for killing my second favorite villain...who isn't dead anymore so I guess that's why I've dropped the grudge against him. None the less, does the ice-cream sundae food court at Statesville also sell knives? 

Anyways, I abhor fake news in the real world, but if it's going to be used to make Ciara's life miserable, bring it on! Too bad it was short-lived. Still, I was giving Evan kudos for coming up with that only to be disappointed in him just like his father when he fell for Clyde's trick. Oh Evan, I feel your father's frustration. Wise up! And put a gag on that annoying prisoner you have.  Speaking of gagging, this psychic dream connection w/Cin is utterly gag-inducing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Why is Evan doing the proof of life stuff with the newspaper if he told his father he wasn't going to do it? Man, they went deep with the fake newspaper.

Is Clyde going to be the hero in all this?

I hope Belle dumps Sami's ass.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Probably. He is Ben's daddy. It's so gross lol.

This episode was really boring.

Oh yes, Clyde's going to be the big hero who reunites Ciara and Ben. the most epic love story to ever epic.  I hope Evan does us all a solid and he "accidently" forgets to feed Ciara 🙂

I do love Sami's being back but I hate that she's involved with the stupid "Who killed Charlie?" nonsense.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. It makes sense and I don't see a problem with it. For one, with Jack, Gwen actually does show contrition. Maybe it's real, maybe not, maybe half lol, but in any case she does let him see that. Now, Jack shouldn't expect or ask Abigail and Jennifer to forgive Gwen or give her a second chance, but he should feel free to do it himself.

The only thing Gwen has shown contrition for to Jack is what happened with Laura. She's not expressed an iota of remorse for drugging Abigail. You'd think before Jack started defending Gwen to all and sundry, he'd at least ask her - or expect her - to feel remorse for permanently altering his other daughter's brain, instead he just hems and haws about it and basically just shrugs and gives the excuse of "well, biology, what are you gonna do?" As if he has to form a relationship with Gwen just because they're biologically related.

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

"She held me at gunpoint, and she could have killed me!!!...but she deposited me half naked into my former lover's bed."  I think Belle missed that last part. Instead it was the usual treatment of Sami by her family, pointing out how awful Sami's shit reeks while ignoring the dump Belle just took on the floor. You'd think Little Miss Izzie B never suggested killing Charlie. Not even 24 hours before.  And I know the soaps do love their sexual dubious consent but damn if those scenes didn't feel like legal dubious consent as Sami spilled her story without the verbal agreement of representation or attorney-client privilege from Belle, and in a room that's been established to be recorded no less.  I almost hope that when Belle throws her fit about Sami lying to her, cause I just see that coming next,  that Sami retorts back, "Well you wouldn't guarantee me confidentially so of course I'm not going to tell you the straight story until you officially agree to represent me. Duh."

So Belle shouldn't be pissed about what Sami did simply because Jan didn't get around to killing her? Sami recklessly set Jan loose, never expressed any real regret about it, all so she could get custody away from Nicole something she basically ended up changing her mind about 2.5 seconds later anyway. If I was Belle, I would be doubly pissed because Sami basically did what she did for nothing anyway. 

Sami was the one desperately calling Belle to do her a favor. I know Justin sucks as an attorney, but Sami had other options. If she didn't like Belle's terms for representing her, she could have kept her mouth shut, which she'd been doing all night. Then, she immediately does the one thing Belle asked her not to do - lie to her - and over something so stupid as if they weren't going to find her fingerprints on the gun. Belle told her what her terms were and Sami broke the deal immediately. If Belle "throws a fit" and walks out on her, Sami will have no one to blame but herself.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The only thing Gwen has shown contrition for to Jack is what happened with Laura. She's not expressed an iota of remorse for drugging Abigail. You'd think before Jack started defending Gwen to all and sundry, he'd at least ask her - or expect her - to feel remorse for permanently altering his other daughter's brain, instead he just hems and haws about it and basically just shrugs and gives the excuse of "well, biology, what are you gonna do?" As if he has to form a relationship with Gwen just because they're biologically related.

So Belle shouldn't be pissed about what Sami did simply because Jan didn't get around to killing her? Sami recklessly set Jan loose, never expressed any real regret about it, all so she could get custody away from Nicole something she basically ended up changing her mind about 2.5 seconds later anyway. If I was Belle, I would be doubly pissed because Sami basically did what she did for nothing anyway. 

Sami was the one desperately calling Belle to do her a favor. I know Justin sucks as an attorney, but Sami had other options. If she didn't like Belle's terms for representing her, she could have kept her mouth shut, which she'd been doing all night. Then, she immediately does the one thing Belle asked her not to do - lie to her - and over something so stupid as if they weren't going to find her fingerprints on the gun. Belle told her what her terms were and Sami broke the deal immediately. If Belle "throws a fit" and walks out on her, Sami will have no one to blame but herself.

What I find so frustrating with Sami is that she is not allowed to grow at all from her experiences.  She is a mother of 4 and grandmother of 2 but writers like Ron keep writing her like she was in the 90's.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I suspect MM has a little more confidence in herself, which is showing up in her performance, and I also think that Billy Flynn's desire to have her there portraying Abigail has helped this time around.  

But the latter was always there with them. However I still don't care for their version of Chabby as a couple. Granted I think their peak was from 2014-2016 but I think it was more the story rather than the pairing plus BF looked more engaged with the material compared to now. 

I could actually find MM's Abby watchable away from him though.

• Love 2

I couldn't believe that Sami expected Belle's help after her getting Jan Spears released and causing havoc to Belle, Shawn, and Claire and the other folks of Salem. Maybe Sami can grow up, admit her misdeeds, and ask for help. It just seems..... more Sami as a cartoon character.

Clyde should give the phone to Kristen - when she was really there so no more collect calls from jail. So Evan wants to get back at Ciara. Dude, you killed Jordan.

I understand the psychic stuff with Ben and Ciara but it is a bit much. I have a connection like that with someone. Almost anyone can be taught remote viewing - which is what Ben is getting.

John seems unstable, still. Doc was probably happy to get away from him for a few minutes.

Allie's boots were ugly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do love Sami's being back but I hate that she's involved with the stupid "Who killed Charlie?" nonsense.

I usually love Sami's return to Salem, USA but this "Who Killed Charlie" thing is such a buzzkill.  I would have much rather watched Sami threaten Charlie in a game of Cat-And-Mouse, and seen how far the one could have pushed the other.  That would have been a lot more fun than this.  

Ben and Ciara make for good comedy relief for at least a couple scenes.

So Clyde stabbed Orpheus just to get his phone?  Was that supposed to be an example of parental instinct trumping reason?  

It seemed unnecessary that Sami needed Belle, and only Belle, to be her lawyer but I did appreciate the interaction between the two sisters.  That was the only thing that kept me from thinking those scenes were mostly stupid.  Why can't there be an unscrupulous lawyer in town who doesn't give a damn about whether Sami is guilty or innocent?  That could be fun if there was a sleazy lawyer who kept getting all of the work while Belle and Justin were struggling to get a case.  Where is Saul Goodman when you need him!?!

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

John seems unstable, still. Doc was probably happy to get away from him for a few minutes.

I thought the show was going to do something with John's personality change due to the aneurism, but he just seems to be floundering while Marlena acts as his caregiver. If that's where the Jarlena relationship is headed then that's fine - they are in their 70's afterall - but it looks like John isn't getting any help for his issues and now he may have killed someone. I just wonder if this rage-John is here to stay or if he'll ever address the changes to his personality and how it's affecting his relationship with his wife. 

• Love 4

Sami is such a terrible person, and I love her for it! I cackled when she gave Belle the fakest and most insincere apology of the last decade about releasing Jan on her and almost getting her killed. Sami basically said, "Oopsie Daisy!" before demanding Belle be her lawyer again. The Sami/Belle scenes were definitely the highlight. I've never been a fan of MM's Belle, but I thought she was great opposite Sami today. She had this no nonsense and fed up quality to her that reminded me of Marlena in some of Sami/Marlena's infamous battles. The only thing I wanted from Belle is for her to tell Sami that her children are all in their 20s (or late teens. Not sure how old Sydney is supposed to be), and they would be just fine without her. When Sami was recounting everyone she'd shot, I was shocked that I'd watched all those storylines and remember them relatively well. I was also shocked that Sami's only shot 3 people. That seems like a low number for her.

I like Evan. There's nothing else to say regarding that storyline.

Are they transitioning Sarah out of the show? This is the second or third time in a matter of weeks that she showed up for 3 minutes in one scene. Not that I would care, but it makes it all the more obvious how superfluous she is to the show.

The murder mystery is horrendously paced. Charlie was shot last Thursday - in real world time - and they are just now continuing that beat, and everyone on cast still isn't aware that he's dead. Everyone who is a suspect still isn't aware he's dead. I will say I did love how Belle played the Charlie Dale is dead scene. It felt like death actually mattered on this show again which is rare.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Sure Belle can be mad at Sami all she wants. But that will be about as productive as the last time she got mad at her, bailed on representing her, which led to Sami DIYing her own defense that included the ‘But wait there’s more’ legal strategy that released Jan in the first place, all because Belle blamed Sami for John’s medical problems, which sure Sami is schemey but Steffy via Dr. Rolf has been putting things in and out of John’s fart sniffing head for decades. He was a walking aneurysm time bomb whether Sami was in town or not, which Belle's own Mother Knows Best doctor mom confirmed. But I suppose it’s easier to take your frustrations out on your half-sister than a dead evil mastermind and his imprisoned mad scientist.  So this time around it would probably be a better idea to just toss on that lingerie Jan dressed her in, have hot knock the vase off the nightstand sex with Phillip, which hopefully dislodges the bitchy stick Belle’s had up her butt for years now. (It's really not a good look on MM and just makes me prefer bubbly KS Belle but I digress.) And while fully sated Belle basks in post-coital bliss since Hope’s not around this time to raise one of her finely crafty suspicious brows, Belle should be able to enjoy the afterglow and hopefully remember ethical client-attorney representation in time for the slew of suspects that will likely be lining up in front of her office (does she even have one?) after Rafe quits barking up his ex-wife’s too obvious suspect tree and gets an excel file worth of names of everyone else who wanted Charlie dead and made threats against him, in which case Belle’s bigger problem might be how screwed she’ll be if she needs Justin to represent her.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why can't there be an unscrupulous lawyer in town who doesn't give a damn about whether Sami is guilty or innocent?  That could be fun if there was a sleazy lawyer who kept getting all of the work while Belle and Justin were struggling to get a case.  

Like EJ! Too bad JS has had the shits of this show worse than the remaining viewers because him representing Sami would be...well what always made Ejami partners-in-crime dark couple gold. 

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

The murder mystery is horrendously paced. Charlie was shot last Thursday - in real world time - and they are just now continuing that beat, and everyone on cast still isn't aware that he's dead. Everyone who is a suspect still isn't aware he's dead. 

100% w/ya here! If the who-dun-it was Ron's Feb sweeps story, it shouldn't have gotten backburned after one episode simply because it's March. How I miss the pacing that used to prevail in the 80s where the main stories could usually be counted on to be M,W,F and sometimes Thursday if it was leading up to something big on Friday, which always ended on a cliffhanger with resolution on Monday. Back then Tuesdays were generally the slow day so if you wanted to skip the teen scene and the elderly it was a good bet which day they'd show up on.  By this formula, Charlie's murder mystery should be playing out at least 3 days a week, and not with more than one slower day in between. 

Also this dragged out pacing seems to be creating continuity errors. Sami said Rafe had kept her at the station all night, but then hadn't he actually kept her there for almost 24 hours? Per the writing on the screen, Rafe was called to Charlie's apartment "the next morning" where he found Sami after the "later that night" murder. Assuming it didn't take him all day to bring her into the station (it didn't appear to take more than about 15 minutes) then Sami not only spent the night before reaching Belle the following morning, but she also had lunch and dinner at Chez police station. John would have also spent the night at the hospital since he went to get checked out "the next morning" too if it's now the next day.  And thus the hospital patients and police suspects all got turn-down service while Abi/Gabi carted Gwen around town since that appeared to be happening in the evening, although it's really hard to tell whether it's day or night at town square but I'm going with night since Steve/Kayla/Justin/Bonnie were having dinner. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I really love the Gabi/Abby/Gwen scenes and I especially loved that both Gwen and Gabi pointed out that Abs doesn't have the stomach to really torture someone and if I'm being honest, I don't think Gwen and Gabi do either,  Yes, Gwen and Gabi have zero problem drugging and gaslighting Abs but I don't think they could tie someone to a chair and starve them into confessing either.

And I wonder if Anna will leave Gwen where she found her?  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Abi prioritizing her revenge on Gwen over fixing her marriage that Gwen damaged says a lot about Abi’s marriage.  Gwen’s hair looks nice for a captive though, especially one who traveled around town unconscious with sheets and towels on her head the night before.

If we’re supposed to believe that Evan needs Bayview more than the ‘I see a GQ serial killer saving me in my dreams’ Ciara, this show is doing a lousy job. Shit if the strength of your love is measured by whether your husband can’t strangle you, then I guess Chabby can skip the marriage counseling after all. Abi’s neck looks fine.

Rolf has his own ‘label?’ Is there a brain scramble emoji on the bottles? Who knew branding was so important in the illegal drug market.

If shanking another prisoner didn’t get Clyde’s visitation privileges revoked, did he at least lose his coupon for ice-cream night?   When he told Ben to take the phone to the police so they can track the phone number, I felt like Ben should have replied, “Are you kidding me? You can do that? You mean I could have tracked the number that called me over a week ago and instead I’ve been pestering a psychic and getting hypnotized to remember my dreams?”

Gabi Chic storefront, a prime real estate location, has been sitting empty for over a year and everyone’s gonna fight over it NOW because it’s the last space left?  I figured Salem’s economy sucked, and that’s why it was empty so long.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Whoever it was who referred to Ciara as a Pink Lady recently was bang on. Don't act like a sassy bitch, then get offended when the person doesn't respond well. 

Gwen's got a lot of nerve to continue to act the way she does too, given her situation. Is there a school of "sassy kidnap victim" in Salem?

At least there was no Susan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

There are dusty tunnels under the DiMansion, why did they stuff her in the wine cellar? And see what happens when you don't go to the lower levels?

So Jake's a racist now. "Chica".

Evan is all of us in his scorn for the eternal love aspect of Cin's relationship.

Gwen spitting truths to Abigail about her mothering skills.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Gwen spitting truths to Abigail about her mothering skills.

Gwen and “truth” are words that don’t belong in the same sentence. Lying wench who’s done nothing but lie for a year lies again. 

You can tell a clueless man wrote that tripe coming out of her mouth trying to guilt working moms.  Speaking of working, why doesn’t Gwen get a job? Might give her something to do rather than wallow in self-pity  

If delusional Gwen cared so much about Charlotte crying at night, what did she think Charlotte was going to do if Gwen was successful when she tried to killed her mother? Or when she tried to break up Charlotte’s family?  Please.  She doesn’t care one iota about Charlotte. She probably hates Charlotte like she does Abigail because Charlotte is going to grow up w/ parents that DARE to love and dote on her. Jack loves her too. Look out Charlotte!

STFU and die Gwen. Bitch doesn’t care a bit about ANYONE other than herself. That much is crystal clear.  EVERYONE should care about her sad story, but she’s such a sociopath she doesn’t acknowledge for one moment that what she does has so much collateral damage. The Laura stuff is lip service to give Jack a reason to not be completely done w/ her. Real contrition would be apologizing to those who loved Laura most like her kids. Not Jack who isn’t bothered. Offer up an apology to Jennifer Gwen and then maybe someone other than the fool Jack might actually believe you mean it.  You might want to try apologizing for trying to kill her child and bust up her marriage while you’re at it. 

Better yet, apologize to Jennifer, Jack, Abigail, and JJ for ALL your shit Gwen. Maybe then all your incessant whining about not being accepted might actually make sense and not be more of your narcissistic delusions. But she’d have to first actually acknowledge that SHE isn’t the victim. She’s the villain. 

What was that about “contrite” Jack?  Gwen makes him look like a pathetic fool. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

What was that about “contrite” Jack?  Gwen makes him look like a pathetic fool. 

Jack WAS Gwen though. He did terrible awful things to Steve much like Gwen did to Abby, and Jo still believed in him and that he would one day be part of the family, and it happened, so I can totally believe Jack believing that Gwen can do the same.

• Love 7