Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

eeeeewwww, I must have been on a DOOL break when this happened.  So who knows about this?  And was it a one-time thing?

This was more than a decade ago during Nicole's very first run. As she was leaving the show, she and Roman had a random hookup. The two - as far as I know - have never mentioned it, and I don't believe anyone on the show knows they hooked up. At the time, I remember thinking it was set-up for Nicole to have a child by Roman to be an obstacle for Nicole/Eric, but that obviously is not where the show went.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I assumed that the Horton Square was managed by an actual property management company/developer, which set lease rates and filled vacancies. Not that one can outbid another by some random owner and if the price was right, you got the space. 

I also assumed that Salem was home to businesses owned by black, white, Hispanic, Asian, East and South Asian, etc. folks.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I also assumed that Salem was home to businesses owned by black, white, Hispanic, Asian, East and South Asian, etc. folks.

I think it is.  I think the discussion was exclusively around this part of town/central hub.  I'm guessing it's like Salem's version of Michigan Ave. or Rodeo Dr. or some other exclusive area. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Did Evan call Shawn ‘Dummy do right?”  *High-five, Evan!* That’s perfect for the Salem PD.

Claire to 911: “My daddy’s been hurt.”🙄  “Officer down” might get help there faster.

“Danger, Will Robin! danger, Will Robin…Opps, Danger Ben Weston, Danger Ben Weston!” I just can't with this CIN psychic connection shit.  And what did Ciara think that pipe was for ??? Pretty sure all the months she's been locked in there, she would have heard water running through it if that was the case, though then she'd have potentially risked drowning.  I suppose sewer would have been less deadly but more nasty.  By the end, I was expecting her to yell, “I hit the gas pipe, Ben, run!”

bd30824139efba49f4964eb7605bd816.gif

This whole Ciara/Ben storyline bullshit since Ciara was miscast-I-mean-recast with VK would make more sense if instead of her saying

“I hit the gas pipe, Ben," she really said "I took a hit off the glass pipe, Ben".

Dumb Ass Storylines........Just Say NO.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I assumed that the Horton Square was managed by an actual property management company/developer, which set lease rates and filled vacancies. Not that one can outbid another by some random owner and if the price was right, you got the space. 

15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think it is.  I think the discussion was exclusively around this part of town/central hub.  I'm guessing it's like Salem's version of Michigan Ave. or Rodeo Dr. or some other exclusive area. 

The only store Salem needs that Salem doesn't have is this....

giphy.gif

And the quality of mental health care would take a giant leap forward.

(I never realized before just how much Brady looks like Charlie Brown - without the sex appeal or the smarts, of course)

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
17 minutes ago, boes said:

The only store Salem needs that Salem doesn't have is this....

giphy.gif

And the quality of mental health care would take a giant leap forward.

(I never realized before just how much Brady looks like Charlie Brown - without the sex appeal or the smarts, of course)

LOL  And the psychiatric booth could probably be leased for kiosk pricing. Right outside Salem Inn would be a good spot seeing as how half of the town lives there.  Which that alone--grown ass adults with jobs who live in a one room hotel--should be worth dropping down the nickel to psychoanalyze. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

It was nice to see so many black people on Days. I was kind of shocked, as a lot of shows seem to have an unofficial rule that no more than 3 black people can congregate at any given time. 

As for Paulina, I find her hilarious. I understand other people's concerns, but she doesn't bother me. 

I also think it's nice to see so many black people on Days.  And I'm liking Paulina.  I did, however, find some of the dialogue a bit cringey. Hopefully that won't be a common thing.   

I'm also liking nu-Theo.   And glad to see Valerie back.  

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The only thing I didn't love is that they cut away when people were going to explain to Julie why not to touch a black woman's hair.  If you're going to have a teachable moment, don't cut away from it.  Either just say "no, don't do that" and cut away or explain the why.  Don't commercial break over  the conversation.

I guess I can Google, but I agree, cutting away before the teachable moment was annoying. I also don't get wanting to a black woman's hair.  

• Love 6

When Ciara was psychically connecting with Ben and she was pleading with God to have him listen, I had flashbacks to the TWOP days. "God's in the tub!"

Do you think God will listen if we all pray that Kristen goes away for good soon? I have nothing against Stacy. In fact, she seems to be having a fantastic time playing the role(s), but the character has run its course in its current form.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I also don't get wanting to a black woman's hair.  

Same here.  I've worked with a number of black woman and a black woman was my childrens' daycare provider until they were old enough for preschool. Never once did I feel the urge to touch anyone's hair. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

eeeeewwww, I must have been on a DOOL break when this happened.  So who knows about this?  And was it a one-time thing?

We never really saw it happen just that Nicole showed up at Roman's hotel room in a fur coat with a bottle of Champagne she went in and afterwards was never discussed again. This was around the time Ari left the show the first time I believe in the late 00s.

I don't think anyone else ever knew tbh.

• Love 3

I was surprised that Sarah Horton has no one besides Bonnie to be her maid of honour. Maybe Kayla?

Why would Susan Banks visit Chloe? Oh yes, to get dirt on her and Brady. They do go way back and are friends and now work together. Big deal. I hope that the office door is self-locking so that no one breaks in to Basic Black and steals things like laptops, clothing, etc. Where was the security guard that let Sarah in to the offices? He or she also should have noticed Kristen and took steps to deal with the intruder.

Ciara has never seen a gas line in her house? She didn't go to the basement and mom or dad didn't tell her to never break this type of pipe open? She should be well on her way to CO poisoning or worse.

Shawn is right. Wait for backup. Too bad he got shot and now Ben has to deal with Christian Maddox. Alone.

The psychic link thing was a bit overdramatic today. Mine doesn't work like that. That would be a rarity. Yeah, you'd sense that someone is in danger and your stomach would be churning.

I did like Xander and Jack. Xander even thoughtful that Jack had a lot on his plate lately - finding out he has a new daughter, his problems with his wife and other kids, and his mother in law dying, I did laugh when he picked Jack up and hugged him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I have nothing against Stacy. In fact, she seems to be having a fantastic time playing the role(s), but [Kristen/Susan, et. al.]  has run its course in ANY form.

Fixed it for you!  😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/10/2021 at 3:05 AM, Irlandesa said:

Except Gwen also got away with her crimes.  Who hasn't more or less gotten away with their crimes on this show?  Kristen, in a way, is paying for one of her crimes but somehow is managing to commit 100 more while in jail.

Right, but I was referring more to Gwen's POV, where other people's crimes are going to be more heinous than her own, and other people getting away with their crimes will be more infuriating than Gwen getting away with her's.  I think Gwen pretty much absolves herself of wrongdoing, at least in her mind.  

On 3/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sidney said:

I hate to say this, but I see more chemistry between Jake and Abby

I've noticed it, too, and I think it's because the two actors have a natural chemistry together, more than the writing trying to make something happen.  

On 3/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I loved Gwen going to the police station with the ropes still on and making herself look more disheveled before she talked to Eli. I pray they never get rid of her or redeem her because she is literally perfect to me.

Agreed!  

This whole thing with Ben and Ciara is so painfully Plot-By-Numbers that all I could do was laugh today.  Seriously, not a single surprising development, or something we haven't seen before.  Do these writers actually want to just churn out the same plot lines we've all seen over and over again???  The only reason I don't FF through all of it is because the actor who plays Christian is so pretty and kinda fun to watch.  

This Damsel-In-Distress version of Claire just makes me sad.  If the writing had established that she was trying to conform to some kind of antiquated societal norms to make up for her past sins, I could almost excuse it but the Show hasn't done that, and I hate to see her so meek and mild.  Blech.  

Because I am the way I am, I'm rooting for anything to interrupt Sarah and Xander's blissful wedding day.  If it has to be Kristin and her letter opener, so be it!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This Damsel-In-Distress version of Claire just makes me sad.  If the writing had established that she was trying to conform to some kind of antiquated societal norms to make up for her past sins, I could almost excuse it but the Show hasn't done that, and I hate to see her so meek and mild.  Blech.  

Seriously. It pains me to watch her be such a drip. I was warming to her but I'm once again just wishing ORK was here for this. Even if she was getting this writing, I feel like she'd at least put some fire into it.

• Love 10

Evan spoke for us all today when he told Ben that he and Ciara aren't that special--GO EVAN!!  And his "Say 'Hi' to Jordan" would actually have been epic if he had followed through by shooting Ben.  We just can't have nice things.  

The Kristen/Sarah scenes were wonderful and I especially loved Sarah's handing Kristen's self-righteousness back to her.  If Kristen can allegedly change, then I guess Xander can too--except Kristen's continued to commit crimes and has zero impulse control while Xander's been a successful CEO and a contributing member of society.  So now Kristen's knocked Sarah unconscious in order to keep her secret, but she's still a rootable heroine, right Show? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I liked the scenes between Sarah & Kristen....they were very Intense & Emotional.  They both are still suffering from the loss of children, I felt sad when they were talking about Rachel & McKenzie.  I was LOL at Xander & Jack's Bachelor party, Xander's dark impulses came back when he was talking to Rex but then he made a sweet phone call to Sarah.  

• Love 5

Ha, looks like the hospital was dark and deserted when Ben walked in carrying Ciara, except for Claire and that one nurse in the background who looked over and then disappeared 

Doesn't that hospital have an emergency department?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I also really enjoyed the Sarah and Kristen scenes. Both actresses did a good job. I know not everyone is a fan of LG's acting choices, but I enjoy them and I think it makes her stand-out and memorable in a way other characters/actors are not. 

I also like Stacy and can tell she's enjoying herself, but goddamn I wish Kristen would just go away.

Oh, and of course the one thing they don't talk about is how Kristen was going to shove Sarah's fetus in her womb, but I guess we can't have everything.

Edited by Damian
  • Love 12

Ben left Evan standing behind him.  Smart.

I loved Evan's face when he went down.  But Ben, really, dropping the gun? And look how that turned out.

He should have kept dumping the debris on top of Evan.

And of course Evan is going to be gone when they get back to that place.

• Love 8

Me @ Evan:

In Love Hearts GIF by The Valentines

I really liked Sarah today so I've decided that she works just fine as long as she's not around Xander lol. I also much prefer Xander when he isn't around her. It's weird because Xander and Sarah should really work for me and if they aren't actually sharing screen time they sorta do but when they actually get together Sarah starts acting and talking like an tween and I just start cringing and getting annoyed.

Chloe and Brady are really working for me right now. Too bad Kristen's still around.

REX! I'm so happy he's back.

Whatever Claire said to Shawn about Ben and Ciara (I can't remember it exactly right now) was so unbelievably eyeroll worthy. I can't believe actual adult professional writers are writing this shit.

• Love 9

Brady when he's still with Kristen after all she's done and currently doing has no business judging Xander. Chloe too.

Only Kristen get to do what ever she wants and get away with it. Rape Eric, almost kill Victor, break out of jail, threaten to kill Chloe.

Good for Sarah for fighting Kristen back and pointing out Brady is same boat.

Jeeze Sarah just lie and say you'll keep the secret but then don't. You just said she almost killed 3 people and you're trying to reason with her?

Omg the stupidity of Ben throwing the gun in the ground after just punching Evan once. 

Happy to see him finally find her and people start to know she's alive for real and not just in Ben's dreams.

The line "this is not how our story ends" was sweet. 

• Love 5

Sarah, why didn't you lie and just say you'll keep the secret. You can get married tomorrow and then send an anonymous tip to the cops that Kristen DiMera is masquerading as Susan Banks and that the real Susan Banks is replacing Kristen DiMera in jail.

At least they got to talk about both of their losses.

So, Rex just shows up to Salem - because? He decided to visit his dad? Realllllly.

Xander can be a charming goof. At least he and Jack were enjoying spending an evening together.

Ben, you never leave the kidnapper behind you. That must have been some blast to have Ciara be under the bed. Thought she'd be in a corner. Evan/Christian summed them up perfectly. Too bad the ceiling collapsed on him. Chances are that when the cops or fire department come to inspect the home, that he will be gone.

Brady, Chloe does have a thing for you. She is just not being very obvious about it. And both of you have zero business judging Xander or Sarah. Sarah knows what Xander is really like and he has been a constant in her life no matter what. Unlike Kristen, he has made some attempt to change. Even hanging around Jack who is Mr. Milquetoast.

• Love 7

Before Chloe went to NY for her opera gig back when co-owned Doug’s Place, Brady started getting feelings for HER again. Their timing never quite lines up. One of my first soap “ships” I was crazy about was Broe. Anyone who’s watched hat first hand and the characters over the years would never ship Bristen over it. 

@peachmangosteen Evan sure is pretty. I know Ben is supposed to be the handsomest dude in Salem, but facially Evan has him beat. He has nice eyes, full lips and a great smile. Eli also is very good looking I just seldom notice it because he’s so bland. And when not reciting rote dialogue or being some side in scenes, he’s placed constantly w shrews that distract me. Hes in the situation the also very handsome GV / Eric complained about when he quit. 

You know if Ben & Ciara were this epic love or supercouple for the ages... they probably wouldn’t need to have characters and themselves say that like 20x an episode. 

• Love 9

It was so refreshing that Sarah got to have a brain and make valid points in her debate with Kristen.  I agree that it would have been smarter for Sarah to lie to Kristen and tell her she'd keep her secret, but the way it played out felt like something Sarah would actually do.  Probably the smartest scenes we've had all week.  

As I was cheering when Evan was telling Ben that his Amazing Lurve Story with Ciara isn't that special, I knew that someone was going to show up and shoot him or something was going to fall on his head.  No one is allowed to challenge the dogma that Ben and Ciara are The Most Amazing Super-Connected Couple Ever and not suffer the repercussions.  

Ben really carried Ciara all the way to the hospital???  Thank goodness for comedy relief! 

So will Ciara be paralyzed from the explosion, or have amnesia?  This couple is in desperate need of some new superficial obstacle.

Rex is in the house!  That was a nice surprise.  

If it makes me a terrible person, so be it, but I was pleased that Kristen threw a monkey wrench in Xander's wedding day.  I felt like it made all of those ridiculous scenes of Kristen convincing Susan to be in prison for her kinda worth it.  

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

As I was cheering when Evan was telling Ben that his Amazing Lurve Story with Ciara isn't that special, I knew that someone was going to show up and shoot him or something was going to fall on his head.  No one is allowed to challenge the dogma that Ben and Ciara are The Most Amazing Super-Connected Couple Ever and not suffer the repercussions.  

Agreed. I'm relieved this part of the storyline is over because I am beyond tired of this eye-roll worthy epic love that they are selling. That Ciara actually "heard" the gunshot and was able to "call out" to Ben to let him know he was in danger was so ridiculous and made me want to puke. Unfortunately, Evan probably deserved whatever fell on the head. Why freakin' monologue when you can just shoot?

50 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If it makes me a terrible person, so be it, but I was pleased that Kristen threw a monkey wrench in Xander's wedding day.  I felt like it made all of those ridiculous scenes of Kristen convincing Susan to be in prison for her kinda worth it.

I'm happy about it, too. I hate the Xarah pairing and this wedding is rushed anyway. Episodes like today are why I still hate Xander. He was such a smug prick with Rex. Yes, Rex cheating on Sarah twice was awful, but it's not like he lied to her about the death of her child and almost let someone VIOLATE HER BODY. The one time I was on Kristen's side in her talk with Sarah was when she rolled her eyes at Sarah justify getting back with Xander because of one nice gesture.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It happens literally every fucking time on soaps and yet still every fucking time I am annoyed lol.

Someone made a parody of if they didn’t do it. And then the person coming to rescue is surprised the person is dead already because they expected the villain to go over their evil plan and both sides to banter w each other and it fucked up his timeline

• LOL 8

I liked Friday's episode much more than Thursday's episode.

First, the Kristen/Sarah scenes did not work for me. I think they could have been powerful, and I did like Sarah more than I usually do. That being said, her depiction of Sarah and her tragedy doesn't really align with how they've characterized Sarah these past few months. Sarah has mostly been lighthearted and, since her first haircut, she and Xander have basically had this Lucy and Ricky like comedic duo depiction. I'm also not sure why the show is skipping the internal angst and conflict of Sarah having conflicting feelings regarding Xander's baby switch actions. I believe Sarah that she sees it as Xander wanting to protect her from the pain of a lost child. However, that decision forced her to lose two children. One of those children is alive, and Sarah has had moments where she has been in contact with Rachel in Salem only prolonging that pain and loss. I wish the show would realize that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I also wish the show would have Sarah listen to the ways Xander has played a crucial role in destroying people's lives to play into the her internal angst of whether this is a man she should love. Rex questioning why any woman would love Xander could have been an amazing question coupled with the Sarah/Kristen scenes delving into Sarah's conscious and unconscious reasons for loving Xander. Sadly, Rex's question was played for humor, and Sarah's dialogue was surface level. Another missed opportunity.

Regarding Kristen's side of the conversation, I understand we have Covid protocols and small children can't be on set. That being said, they make so much of Kristen's reasoning about Rachel, but how is killing Chloe helping Rachel? How is holding Chloe hostage helping Rachel? How is knocking Sarah out helping Rachel? Even her escaping from prison and pretending to be Susan is more about Brady/Chloe, and she just tacks Rachel into the reasoning because - in my best Lani voice - "She's a MOTHER!" It's also weird to hear Kristen talk about Xander/Sarah's decisions regarding Rachel to be the impetus of our current storyline, but until this very moment, I don't remember Kristen mentioning Sarah or Xander and Kristen seems to have a lot more vitriol toward Chloe than the people who stole her daughter for a year. If it is really about Rachel, shouldn't her revenge plan center on the people who took Rachel from her? To be fair, maybe I'm overthinking this, but I did want to love the Kristen/Sarah scenes and I do think both actresses did a good/great job. However, the actual dialogue and series of events leading to that moment let the actresses down.

Onto lighter topics, I don't understand Xander in arguments. The writers will have the character - Rex in this case - mention some truly horrific deed of Xander. Then, in response, Xander will mention some much milder in comparison offense as a retort. "You let her think her baby was alive when you knew she was not!" Oh yeah, "you cheated on her." While both are horrible actions, these actions are in no way equivalent. This happens a lot of with Xander. Jack is the father to Xander that he should be to J.J.

Brady/Chloe are wonderful. The two seem so at ease with each other, and they are a highlight. I still can't believe the show isn't doing a Brady/Chloe/Philip triangle. Both pairings are still so popular, it's been more than a decade, so it's in no way a retread, it incorporates so many characters with long history with all three leads - Belle, Sami, Nicole, Kate, Lucas, Victor, Shawn, Maggie, and as much as it pains me to admit, yes even Kristen. I really hope Ron does well with them. I have so many reservations, yet I still can't help but smile when they're on the screen together.

I find it weird that the show is seemingly forgetting or choosing to not acknowledge Chloe's relationship to Holly. When Chloe came back around Christmas without Parker, I thought it was noticeable that she and Nicole never mentioned Chloe spending time with Holly. They even specifically mention Chloe having no where to go for Christmas - which itself is odd but okay - and she does not mention getting Holly anything for the holiday. Now, they have Chloe telling Brady that she would love to have a little girl. Again, I get the context of the statement, but it's odd that she wouldn't say something about being able to raise Holly for a time and how she misses having a daughter in her life. It's just a weird decision that they are focusing so much time with Chloe/Rachel and seemingly forgetting the established history of Chloe/Holly.

Ben/Ciara - Hearing Ben summarize he and Ciara's relationship; all I could think is these two have gotten about a decade's worth of storylines in about 2/3 years. I actually like Ben/Ciara, but they are exhausting, and I was rooting for Evan to shoot them. I'm happy Evan's ending was ambiguous as I actually do like him as a villain for the two, and I would even be open to a Gwen/Evan pairing. It's feels like it's been too long since we've had a villainous couple doing villainous things together, and I actually would love that as a change of pace.

Did we get any of the murder mystery this week? I don't remember Sami being on at all, and Julie discussing it with Claire seemed to be the only mention of it. Don't tell me Ron is already getting bored of it.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm also not sure why the show is skipping the internal angst and conflict of Sarah having conflicting feelings regarding Xander's baby switch actions. I believe Sarah that she sees it as Xander wanting to protect her from the pain of a lost child. However, that decision forced her to lose two children. One of those children is alive, and Sarah has had moments where she has been in contact with Rachel in Salem only prolonging that pain and loss. I wish the show would realize that it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I also wish the show would have Sarah listen to the ways Xander has played a crucial role in destroying people's lives to play into the her internal angst of whether this is a man she should love. Rex questioning why any woman would love Xander could have been an amazing question coupled with the Sarah/Kristen scenes delving into Sarah's conscious and unconscious reasons for loving Xander. Sadly, Rex's question was played for humor, and Sarah's dialogue was surface level. Another missed opportunity.

Yes! They basically skipped over any real work that Xander could have put in to earn her forgiveness and like she said, he basically did one nice gesture and she went back to him. And, now they're adding a rushed wedding on top of it.

7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Onto lighter topics, I don't understand Xander in arguments. The writers will have the character - Rex in this case - mention some truly horrific deed of Xander. Then, in response, Xander will mention some much milder in comparison offense as a retort. "You let her think her baby was alive when you knew she was not!" Oh yeah, "you cheated on her." While both are horrible actions, these actions are in no way equivalent. This happens a lot of with Xander.

It's annoying, especially because Xander is such a smug arsehole about it. I get that he's confident, but for someone who has done some truly despicable things, he's actually one of the most judgmental people on the show.

• Love 8

Finally got caught up on the last two episodes.  You've all made GREAT comments about how stupid Ben was to simply toss the gun aside and how lame it was that instead of just shooting them Evan had to talk and talk and talk and talk.  Yes, he got in some great lines but he could have done them after the fact - as justification for actually shooting them.  And why does someone drive to the hospital instead of calling 911?  They can get there faster than you can drive them and start treatment immediately.

The best part of the conversation between Sarah and Kristen was Sarah saying she didn't have to justify herself to anyone.  She's right she doesn't.  The only thing I wish she had been able to say to Kristen is something along the lines that Kristen has probably done as many or more equally terrible things as Xander, yet somehow she feels SHE deserves to be loved and forgiven.

• Love 10
On 3/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, Petunia13 said:

Someone made a parody of if they didn’t do it. And then the person coming to rescue is surprised the person is dead already because they expected the villain to go over their evil plan and both sides to banter w each other and it fucked up his timeline

Love this! Can we tweet it to Ron so he rips off this next time Evan has a gun pulled on Cin?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Man alive, but Julie played all of her scenes today with such over the top reactions, I kind of felt embarrassed for SSH's parody of soap acting.  First, she's screaming at Xander then she's almost in tears over Ciara's being alive--she is exhausting to watch.

The actor allegedly playing Theo is as bland and boring as his TV sister, so congrats on the matching casting.  Seriously, Claire asks about his new relationship, he shrugs listlessly about their break up and somehow Claire thinks that means Theo can't get over his love of Ciara--oh yeah, a triangle where both guys get to compete over who loves Ciara more epically--I think I'll take a hard pass.

I wish the show could find a way to bring back the actors who played Evan and Charlie because they could both act and they had decent chemistry with their co-stars.

So Kristen has not only kidnapped Sarah but she is also planning on destroying her relationship with Xander, but it's okay because Kristen loved Brady and Rachel too much to be separated from.  WTF?!  These are the actions of a heroine?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 16

How long has Susan been in jail as Kristen? Has Brady not phoned or visited in all that time? Does he wonder why she has stopped obsessively calling him? 

Theo/Lani vs Theo/Claire... not sure which put me to sleep faster. 

Yes Julie Xander sleeping on your couch makes it now unusable by civilized human beings. Shut up now.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

How long has Susan been in jail as Kristen? Has Brady not phoned or visited in all that time? Does he wonder why she has stopped obsessively calling him? 

Don't expect much in the way of intelligence from Brady.

• LOL 9
29 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He is probably enjoying the break from her constant and unending smothering of him. Little does he know

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Good thing conveniently Gwen was let go, as it's Sarah's turn in the DiMera wine cellar. Will Ana be looking for a new vintage soon? Although this ridiculous story line makes me nauseous, I quite enjoyed Sarah sassing Kristen. It was much better than Pink Lady Ciara vs. her captors. And can this finally, finally, please, for the love of ALL the things, be the end of Kristen and Brady?

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

27 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

He is probably enjoying the break from her constant and unending smothering of him. Little does he know

Brady is best studded with cloves, covered tightly with tin foil and baked at 325 for 10-15 minutes per pound and then covered with glaze with the oven turned up to 424 for 10 minutes at the end.

Serve with scalloped potatoes and any green vegetable of your choice and you have one TERRIFIC Sunday Ham Dinner!

When you're hankerin' for Ham go for the very best!  (which is NOT Brady).

10 minutes ago, boes said:

double post

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
54 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

And can this finally, finally, please, for the love of ALL the things, be the end of Kristen and Brady?

Show has been showing a connection between Broe; and if Kristen does what the spoilers say, that has to be the end for them... Right?!

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Good thing conveniently Gwen was let go, as it's Sarah's turn in the DiMera wine cellar. Will Ana be looking for a new vintage soon? Although this ridiculous story line makes me nauseous, I quite enjoyed Sarah sassing Kristen. It was much better than Pink Lady Ciara vs. her captors. And can this finally, finally, please, for the love of ALL the things, be the end of Kristen and Brady?

I too enjoyed Sarah sassing Kristen...Sarah was good in those scenes.  Kristen was holding some kind of hook or bar, is she going to strangle Sarah with it? And I got a kick out of Xander noticing Julie taking him all in & said "Gotchya" LOL

• LOL 6

I actually got a little scared for Sarah and felt her fear towards the the end of the episode like “damn is this bitch really gonna kill her?” 

I don’t know if we’re stillll supposed to feel sympathy or justification for Kristen at this point, but if so they have completely missed the mark w me. There’s a strong contrast to when Sarah bashes Rex in the head and bound him in terror over losing her child, I felt pity for Sarah and I LIKE Rex the subject of her attack. Or when JJ had his fits of rage and was going to kill Kristen it was much more understandable or empathetic, his madness and crime. 

Sarah’s hair looked nice today. I’ve concluded it would look great w even a quarter inch more length or sexy if her clothing and attitude were different. You know what I mean? Like jeans and a tight t shirt, body con dresses, baggy flannel or blazer with a tank top or sports bra. Like ultra confident and curvy tomboy. 

Only one of Xander’s legs could fit on that couch. Never mind sleeping on it. I kinda hate those sofas there’s so uncomfortable but very common in grandma or great grandma’s living rooms and this was Alice’s OG sofa. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 9

I enjoyed the little Xander, Julia and Jack scenes.  I appreciated the levity.

The Kristen and Sarah scenes were as good today as they were on Friday.  This is definitely a better use of LG's talents than on a caper.

I watched Friday on Peacock because I had two press conferences interrupt the local broadcast so my DVR recording was worthless.  That was rough.  I'd fast forward a minute and the show would still be on Ben searching the rubble for Sarah.  It feels like that's all he did the whole episode.  This is yet another instance where the show spent money on an explosion for them. 

Thankfully, it was easier to FF the show today.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I actually got a little scared for Sarah and felt her fear towards the the end of the episode like “damn is this bitch really gonna kill her?” 

I don’t know if we’re stillll supposed to feel sympathy or justification for Kristen at this point, but if so they have completely missed the mark w me. There’s a strong construct to when Sarah bashes Rex in the head and bound him in terror over losing her child, I felt pity for Sarah and I LIKE Rex the subject of her attack. Or when JJ had his fits of rage and was going to kill Kristen it was much more understandable or empathetic, his madness and crime. 

Sarah’s hair looked nice today. I’ve concluded it would look great w even a quarter inch more length or sexy if her clothing and attitude were different. You know what I mean? Like jeans and a tight t shirt, body con dresses, baggy flannel or blazer with a tank top or sports bra. Like ultra confident and curvy tomboy. 

Only one of Xander’s legs could fit on that couch. Never mind sleeping on it. I kinda hate those sofas there’s so uncomfortable but very common in grandma or great grandma’s living rooms and this was Alice’s OG sofa. 

I'm intuiting a development later this week based on today's episode. So Sarah told Kristen that maybe only if Sarah were standing in front of Xander saying they're over would he believe that he & Sarah are over, since a text won't cut it.

So I'm guessing that Kristen will appear in person as Sarah on this, the day of the wedding to tell Xander they are kaput. Question:

1) how would Kristen be able to get a Sarah wig so quickly; and more importantly,

2) how would Kristen get a Mission Impossible type Sarah-face mask so quickly to appear as Sarah?  [or is she going to be heavily veiled and no one will think twice to wonder why "Sarah" never once took off the veil, nor will anyone ask "Sarah" to remove it?]

3) how would Kristen be able to imitate Sarah's voice?

Again, since "today" is supposed to be the wedding day, how would Kristen pull off all the above, given that she didn't expect Sarah to accidentally stumble into the Titan office, discovering Kristen?!

• Love 2