Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Sad as it was it is totally worth seeing.  

You're so right.  Everybody brought their A game today, everybody.  I found that I couldn't watch Will and Sonny, or Will telling Justin, it was just too hard to watch.  Chandler was excellent today.

Another first for me, I thought Kate Mansi, in her scene with JJ, hugging him and telling him, "I got you" was also really good.  This was an Abigail I don't see often enough, someone who genuinely put herself aside for her brother.  Well done.

SH did a great job too, it's just that it's Kristen......  She reminded me of the work she did on Y&R, playing crazy, homicidal Patty.  She did good work there, too.  It's just that when the moment passes, I can't feel bad for Kristen when she's caused so much pain so deliberately for so long.  

No matter, great show today.

Edited by boes
  • Love 18

I really thought the montage was well done.  Xander’s face as he let what he did sink in made even THAT scene sad.  

JJ... man, he needs a break.  I don’t know how you recover from that.  I understand Abigail had to choose between her father and JJ but she should have called Chad in for reinforcements.  JJ shouldn’t have been left alone.

I find it interesting to compare the three deaths:
- Longtime couple Justin/Adrienne
- New parents Kristin & Brady with the baby
- JJ with his about-to-be fiancée Haley

Each was heartbreaking and none diminished the other. 

I appreciated Will just confessing his guts out to Rafe right there and then.  Cathartic and horrific at the same time. I thought Chandler/Freddie/Wally all played the reveal very well.

I did feel some sympathy for Kristen because I believe she was turning around.  And I didn’t feel like she seriously lashed out at Haley.  It looked more like an accident to me.  That doesn’t mean I like Batshit Betty Dimera.  Just that I had some sympathy today for her.

Solid week.  Bummer for the show it was preempted.  

• Love 9

I agree with most of the comments above mine regarding today's show. Another sad day in Salem.

Haley's death did seem to be an accident. Didn't need to happen. She just should have waited for the elevator. The hospital has never shown that staircase before.

Sarah didn't know that her baby seemed different? It looked a lot larger.

The baby switch was wrong. It was more likely that because of the accident that the baby may have been injured. Not Kristen's 'healthy' baby.

I did have some sympathy for Kristen, but not a lot.

Will did do something stupid with distracted driving - which is a lesson for a lot of people. Eyes on the road and not on the phone, or clipping your toenails while driving, brushing your teeth, etc.

JJ, time for you to leave Salem. At least your sister thought of you and was there for you, for once.

• Love 8

The show was very good.
 It was odd how JJ did not  know Hailey had  died.  

I am not a mastermind or good at covering up crimes so forgive me for asking a dumb question.  Victor wanted the baby switch so Maggie would not know she killed her granddaughter.  Why would she even think that ?   They already moved her car and covered up the crime.  I do get why they did the baby switch 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

The show was very good.
 It was odd how JJ did not  know Hailey had  died.  

I am not a mastermind or good at covering up crimes so forgive me for asking a dumb question.  Victor wanted the baby switch so Maggie would not know she killed her granddaughter.  Why would she even think that ?   They already moved her car and covered up the crime.  I do get why they did the baby switch 

JJ knew. He screamed at Brady and Kristen she pushed Haley down the stairs. 

In case it ever came out she wouldn’t lose her mind... also she just fell off the wagon. If her grandchild died tragically she may go into another drinking bender or deep depression. 

• Love 4

Regardless of whether or not Kristen & Sara recognized their own babies, don't hospitals immediately put a wristband/bracelet on the newborn with all their vital information??

What kind of a rinky-dink hospital is Salem U anyway? (or maybe I really don't want the answer to that question 😁)

• Love 5

We do have to suspend a lot of our common sense with this plot twist. Sarah has always come across pretty bright and intuitive so I find it hard to believe she wouldn’t know right away that wasn’t her baby. Also there’s no way Haley would be the one to break the news to Kristen besides it being completely against protocol, she knows Kristen is unstable and has a history of casual violence. 

Seeing how so many many tragedies fell at once and besides Adrienne being dead his mom was in a coma I could see how JJs grief and anger fell by the wayside with his dad and Abigail and he ended up being withdrawn/isolating and self medicating in his depression. It makes the surprise everyone expressed in present day over his addiction and homicidal rage even more sad, once can’t help but wonder how often he had to deal with this alone or surpressed it around others or if people ignored his cries for help 😢 

Salem University Hospital sucks. If I was in a medical crisis or even stabbed I’d call a damn Uber to the next town. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298a850b4b011e9b07b4

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, MsTree said:

Regardless of whether or not Kristen & Sara recognized their own babies, don't hospitals immediately put a wristband/bracelet on the newborn with all their vital information??

What kind of a rinky-dink hospital is Salem U anyway? (or maybe I really don't want the answer to that question 😁)

Well, there have been cases in real life, most famously, Kimberly Mays/Arlena Twigg (of which a TV movie was made about back when networks made those). So while a lot of very stupid and dumb shit happens on this show, the baby switch thing isn't exactly one of them.

ETA: Linked to the 20/20 episode from 2019 about this incident.

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, there have been cases in real life, most famously, Kimberly Mays/Arlena Twigg (of which a TV movie was made about back when networks made those). So while a lot of very stupid and dumb shit happens on this show, the baby switch thing isn't exactly one of them.

Except for the fact that this switch was done on purpose...and we can all assume that Victor blackmailed the nurse/doctor who stated Sara's baby was dead. That's some fucked up shit IMO.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Except for the fact that this switch was done on purpose...and we can all assume that Victor blackmailed the nurse/doctor who stated Sara's baby was dead. That's some fucked up shit IMO.

No argument there. But if there was no fucked up shit under Ron...there'd be nothing at all. He can't write ANYTHING else.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Will did do something stupid with distracted driving - which is a lesson for a lot of people. Eyes on the road and not on the phone,

This.  While Will did not cause this accident because of his distracted driving (texting) he most certainly could have.  More accidents are happening now due to texting than drunk driving.

Will could be as culpable as Maggie.  He isn't, but that doesn't make his distracted driving any less egregious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

JJ knew. He screamed at Brady and Kristen she pushed Haley down the stairs. 

I meant before that.  Abigail said something about it. She said to JJ I thought you knew Hailey is gone 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Seeing how so many many tragedies fell at once and besides Adrienne being dead his mom was in a coma I could see how JJs grief and anger fell by the wayside with his dad and Abigail and he ended up being withdrawn/isolating and self medicating in his depression. It makes the surprise everyone expressed in present day over his addiction and homicidal rage even more sad, once can’t help but wonder how often he had to deal with this alone or surpressed it around others or if people ignored his cries for help 😢 

Its been going on since he was a kid always treated as an afterthought. JJ was left behind in boarding school and treated as an afterthought. In that suicide episode it pretty much showed how he got to the point he did always being ignored by everyone except Jack for the most part. He's only a focal point if Abby isn't currently dealing with a crisis.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I meant before that.  Abigail said something about it. She said to JJ I thought you knew Hailey is gone 

JJ was with Adrienne after the accident so it actually makes sense he didn't know except for their brief scene before her fall he didn't see Haley after that.

• Love 1

Well, that was a week. The grief was almost too much to witness, yet to me it all felt genuine. My quibbles are in the logistics -- no way those babies would be alone in a closed room, and there's no way Kristen's childbirth wouldn't have been attended by a team of nurses and doctors. Despite all that, the actors did some really great work. 

As I said in Spoilers, I didn't miss the Gina/Stevano or Ben/Ciara bullshit for a second. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, boes said:

Another first for me, I thought Kate Mansi, in her scene with JJ, hugging him and telling him, "I got you" was also really good.  This was an Abigail I don't see often enough, someone who genuinely put herself aside for her brother.  Well done.

I agree; I thought both did an excellent job. I wish we saw more of Abigail's relationship with her brother. JJ seems to bring out the best in her. Poor JJ -- he's become a bit of a tragedy magnet.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

Well, that was a week. The grief was almost too much to witness, yet to me it all felt genuine. My quibbles are in the logistics -- no way those babies would be alone in a closed room, and there's no way Kristen's childbirth wouldn't have been attended by a team of nurses and doctors. Despite all that, the actors did some really great work. 

As I said in Spoilers, I didn't miss the Gina/Stevano or Ben/Ciara bullshit for a second

I know.  This was actually a good week.  I didn’t miss that nonsense at all.

• Love 11

That's for sure. Honestly I'm not sure how much more of Princess Gina with her dumb accent and inappropriate use of the word "shall" I can take. She and Stevano are so unneeded - they could disappear tomorrow and I'm pretty sure no plots would be affected. After a week's worth of tragedy and raw grief it will be quite jarring to return to their bad comedy Boris & Natasha act.

This week I did kind of laugh at Rafe randomly showing up, bumbling into hospital rooms at inappropriate moments, only to be yelled at and apologetically shuffle back out again.

• Love 13
17 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

This week I did kind of laugh at Rafe randomly showing up, bumbling into hospital rooms at inappropriate moments, only to be yelled at and apologetically shuffle back out again.

Haha, so true! He has an element of Columbo sometimes that I enjoy. I don't mind Rafe too much when he's not on the show often, lol. 

• Love 3

I ended up watching Friday's episode afterall, and I agree it was very well done.  I did wonder how it would have played if it wasn't a "flashback", but real time, and that we'd (unless spoiled) known about the deaths?

• Love 4

I think it would've had slightly more dramatic impact I say slightly because we never got to see Jack react to Adrienne's death(I heard that scene was cut) etc but we already knew they were going to die for the past couple of months maybe if they aired this when the TJ began as opposed to two months in this might've been slightly better.

• Love 4

Friday's show was unintentionally hilarious.  There were so many dead people and no cops in sight. Oh wait, Rafe was there.

You almost needed a scorecard to keep track of who had to tell each other that their loved one died.  The best was JJ trying to tell Abigail, while Abigail blurts out that Hayley is dead.  Then JJ rushing to Kristen's room to accuse her, but meanwhile Brady doesn't know yet that their baby is dead.  It was all pretty wild and funny.

Dr. Raynor must have been paid off and skipped town, she was nowhere to be found.  How is she going to feel when she learns it led to Hayley's death!?

I was glad they at least had Sarah say that her baby looked different.  You would expect a mother to recognize her own baby.

• Love 6
On 1/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, kassandra8286 said:

... their bad comedy Boris & Natasha act.

That's ... well, that's perfect.  

55 minutes ago, bannana said:

Friday's show was unintentionally hilarious.  There were so many dead people and no cops in sight. Oh wait, Rafe was there.

It was kind of funny. People just kept telling ShutUp!Rafe to go away. And out he would shuffle, mumbling apologies. Maybe he could stumble out of town after Gina Chipollina and SoftwarePatch.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I was glad they at least had Sarah say that her baby looked different.  You would expect a mother to recognize her own baby.

Yes, totally! I thought they dropped the ball by not having Kristen notice as well. She could start screaming "that's not my baby!" while everyone else assumes she's crazy/in denial. Not too surprised doofus Brady was oblivious though. He even has a picture on his phone for comparison.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Dr. Raynor must have been paid off and skipped town, she was nowhere to be found.  How is she going to feel when she learns it led to Hayley's death!?

I hope that's mentioned and not left as a gaping plot hole. 

I'm still confused about the  logistics of the accident. Why is Xander so convinced it was Maggie and not Will who caused the accident? I understand why he initially thought so when he found her in the ditch but in the present day he and Victor still believe they "sent an innocent man to prison". Now that it's months later, how will any of this even be proven? I wasn't under the impression that any of the cars collided, just that they swerved and ran off the road.

I wonder if Will had a trial. And if Sami and/or Carrie showed up.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

I'm still confused about the  logistics of the accident. Why is Xander so convinced it was Maggie and not Will who caused the accident? I understand why he initially thought so when he found her in the ditch but in the present day he and Victor still believe they "sent an innocent man to prison". Now that it's months later, how will any of this even be proven? I wasn't under the impression that any of the cars collided, just that they swerved and ran off the road.

Maybe Maggie's car was on the wrong side of road?  It is also weird that Will convinced himself that he caused the accident when he initially indicated he did not drift over the line, plus he didn't actually see the accident.

However, he was texting and could easily have caused the accident, so there is that.

Speaking of logistics, if Hayley was already dead at the bottom of he stairs, wouldn't they have left the body there to do a proper forensic review?

Also, when babies die, they just leave them unattended alongside the other living babies? 

The Office Wife GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, bannana said:

but meanwhile Brady doesn't know yet that their baby is dead.

Kristen told him and then he said something to Rafe. I’m thinking all this stuff happened within moments of each other. 

• Love 2

Would the damage to Will's car be traced to Adrienne's in terms of impact and such? No one would be wondering why the damage might be a little off?

I don't believe there was any impact, on anybody's part. Adrienne had to swerve to avoid a car that came into her lane. Will was distracted, but didn't hit anyone/thing. Maggie's car appeared to be off the road. I'm feeling all the folks who point out that Maggie and Adrienne would have been going in the same direction. Is there a 4th vehicle, perhaps driven by Summer? 

The baby switch story really annoys me. First off, I don't share the feeling that Sarah is the golden girl who deserves a child, while Kristin is the evil one, so her child can die. Everyone seems to forget that Sarah's child could be fathered by 3 guys. No actual paternity was ever established. The switcheroo storyline is stupid - because of actual cases, hospitals are super cautious now. Many larger ones use alarms on the ankles. I have never been in a hospital where a "parent" is allowed to stand by in the nursery/nicu while a dr tries to resuscitate an infant, then be left alone there with the deceased infant. 

Yes, Sarah did question the baby seeming different, but then nothing else. 

Once again, I find myself resentful that the viewers are being played for idiots.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Kristen told him and then he said something to Rafe. I’m thinking all this stuff happened within moments of each other. 

Oh wow, I must not have been paying attention (as usual).  I thought JJ came in and accused Kristen of killing Hayley, and that Brady hadn't yet even known that his baby was dead.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, salvame said:

Everyone seems to forget that Sarah's child could be fathered by 3 guys. No actual paternity was ever established. 

There was definitely a DNA test that proved she was Eric's. I forget how it came to be but it definitely was a thing. Xander took it out of Sarah's trash, gave it to Rolf to slip to Eric, Rolf gave it to Nicole, and then Nicole destroyed it or hid it or something.

With all the preemptions and the general 'meh' I've been feeling about the show, I just didn't watch this week's eps. I kinda scanned through them in fast forward to see if I wanted to watch anything but I didn't lol.

So, it sounds like we don't even actually know for sure who caused the accident still, which is mindnumblingly annoying. They think they're cute but it's just stupid. And Sarah's baby died while Kristen's lived but was switched with Sarah's. How tired. 

• Love 6

Which also means Former Father Uncle Eric and Bonehead Black will probably be at each others' throats again; only this time with extra Xander…

(Should I be worried that my eyes are going to just permanently roll up into my skull and stay that way?) 

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I just cant buy this BS that Victor  framed Will.

Does Ron expect me to believe that Victor would frame Will, who was practically raised by Caroline and Shawn while Sami and Lucas were spending their days plotting and scheming ?

Does Ron expect me to believe that Victor eould do this Knowing how much Will meant to Caroline ? 

Are you kidDing Me ? I would buy this BS If it was only Xander who was behind the frame . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Yes, totally! I thought they dropped the ball by not having Kristen notice as well. She could start screaming "that's not my baby!" while everyone else assumes she's crazy/in denial. Not too surprised doofus Brady was oblivious though. He even has a picture on his phone for comparison.

I hope that's mentioned and not left as a gaping plot hole. 

I wonder if Will had a trial. And if Sami and/or Carrie showed up.

Did carrie also defend Will during his trial? Or was ut Frankie Brady who defended Will?

Did Adrienne's steP siblings show up to her funeral? What about her other 3 sons ? 

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There was definitely a DNA test that proved she was Eric's. I forget how it came to be but it definitely was a thing. Xander took it out of Sarah's trash, gave it to Rolf to slip to Eric, Rolf gave it to Nicole, and then Nicole destroyed it or hid it or something.

Was that a DNA test or a pregnancy result?  Didn't Kayla do a pregnancy test at Sarah's request and then Sarah sworer her to silence?  I remember Xander going with Sarah when she was going to have the abortion because that's when Kristen was going to steal Sarah's embryo and have it implanted in her and pass it off as Brady's kid in yet one more nutty evul plan to have 24 hour all access to his magic peen.  Then, at the last moment in this episode from the Planet Nine from Outer Space show, Kristen found out that one of her fossilized dinosaur eggs HAD managed to hatch due to Brady's super sperm so the switcheroo was called off.  Sarah awoke from her dream state deciding to keep the baby and Xander took her home.

It actually all gets worse when you remember it in sequence.....

Kristen should have a baby just as much as Cruella De Ville should foster a puppy.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

With all the preemptions and the general 'meh' I've been feeling about the show, I just didn't watch this week's eps. I kinda scanned through them in fast forward to see if I wanted to watch anything but I didn't lol.

So, it sounds like we don't even actually know for sure who caused the accident still, which is mindnumblingly annoying. They think they're cute but it's just stupid. And Sarah's baby died while Kristen's lived but was switched with Sarah's. How tired. 

Just a pregancy test.  Eric found out about her pregancy later and Xander clearly falsified the actual paternity test (with Sarah thanking him).

• Love 5

Sarah a single women who slept with three guys. That doesn’t make her an evil person.  
Kristin meanwhile has really gone out of her way to hurt so many people. If she had her way Marlene would be dead. 
   All that said I wish both babies were born healthy.
It’s just too much to watch someone experience that much grief

• Love 6

Yes ideally I wanted both babies to live. I don’t want to see anyone in this situation to suffer. I feel most bad for Sarah and Xander. Sarah’s a good person and has had way too much suffering and heartbreak since her return. Xander has been working hard to be a good person and doesn’t really know how to express love or be ethical, he’s been trying but now Victor like a devil on his shoulder is dragging him back. Now he’s going to lose everything he’s ever wanted and all his growth will be set back to day one. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Does Ron expect me to believe that Victor would frame Will, who was practically raised by Caroline and Shawn while Sami and Lucas were spending their days plotting and scheming ?

Does Ron expect me to believe that Victor eould do this Knowing how much Will meant to Caroline ? 

Are you kidDing Me ? I would buy this BS If it was only Xander who was behind the frame . 

I would say worse than that considering Will spent a majority of his younger years raised in the Kiriakis mansion with Lucas, Kate, and Victor. He even shared a nanny with Phillip as babies. 

But that was well before they turned Victor into a caricature of who he used to be. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Apparently Maggie means more to Victor than honoring Caroline's memory.  I can kind of see that.  Caroline's dead. To be blunt.  He'd definitely honor her memory on any given day, but with the choice between Maggie and honoring Caroline's memory - well, he still needs Maggie in his life.  And I believe he genuinely loves her.

Also, while either Maggie or Will would be charged with involuntary manslaughter, Will's distracted driving is likely to get him closer to the minimum 12 month sentence* while Maggie's history of drinking would get her closer to an 8-12 year sentence.  Victor, ruthlessly, probably figured Will could survive it while Maggie would never recover. 

*Which why the divorce papers are stupid.  He should get out soon. And Will and Sonny should have least tried Marriage Counseling, post release, to determine if they could get over it with professional help.  Will feels like shit (and should, it could have been him), but Adrienne wouldn't want him divorcing Sonny.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Victor has never cared about Caroline's family despite professing to care about her. He has hurt her daughters, her sons even Bo. He did try to kill Bo over Carly.  He has hated her grandchildren.  He did terrible things to Shawn-Douglas, Eric, Stefanie, Sami, Theresa and used Andrew as a weapon against Kim and her family. I think it is in character for Victor to hurt Will. Will may be Caroline's great-grandson but he is also Shawn's who he hated for having what Victor has always wanted but could never have, a family who loves him no matter what. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Victor has never cared about Caroline's family despite professing to care about her. He has hurt her daughters, her sons even Bo. He did try to kill Bo over Carly.  He has hated her grandchildren.  He did terrible things to Shawn-Douglas, Eric, Stefanie, Sami, Theresa and used Andrew as a weapon against Kim and her family. I think it is in character for Victor to hurt Will. Will may be Caroline's great-grandson but he is also Shawn's who he hated for having what Victor has always wanted but could never have, a family who loves him no matter what. 

I would actually put the "Horton" side above the Brady one here. Will is also Maggie's great nephew, and up until Daniel, Lucas was always Maggie's surrogate son. Not that Maggie would want anyone framed but she certainly wouldn't want Will framed for her. 

• Love 7

So WHAT are the writers trying to do with Kristen?  The last few days they've been writing her sympathetically.  If we're supposed to feel for her (or believe she's changed) then what was the point of her being such a bitch at the convent AND when she first came back to Salem?  If they ARE trying to redeem her (I honestly don't know if they are or not) then why didn't they write it that the incident with JJ made her realize she was hiding from her life and had to come back to face Brady and anyone else?  If the AREN'T trying to redeem her, why the sympathetic scenes?  It just seems like they had two different writers who have never met (or discussed the character) write different scenes.  And purposely trying to cause trouble for Nicole - HUH???  Shouldn't she WANT her to become friendly with Eric again?

Of course, NONE of us are even a bit surprised that the VERY DAY Will gets news that he is innocent, Sonny is off getting hot and heavy with someone else.  Seriously, the writers think the only drama a gay couple can have is an interloper.  They could have written months of scripts about the two of them coming to terms with the ramifications of Will being innocent (and what it meant that they both believed he was guilty), Victor's part in it, Sonny's continuing grief, sympathy/love for Maggie, the fall-out with Arianna, and their attempts to have a baby.  

At least some things haven't changed.  Eric continues to be an ass.  He's forgiven Sarah but, because he thinks Nicole has moved on, he won't forgive her for her smaller part in the drama.  That crack about "While I was dealing with a crisis with my child, you were having a life" was beyond self centered.  Yes Eric, after you told Nicole you would NEVER forgive her, she was supposed to stay home praying to a shrine of you she built in her living room.  I'm surprised he didn't reprimand her for daring to appear in public without her sackcloth and ashes.

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

So WHAT are the writers trying to do with Kristen? If they ARE trying to redeem her (I honestly don't know if they are or not) then why didn't they write it that the incident with JJ made her realize she was hiding from her life and had to come back to face Brady and anyone else?  If the AREN'T trying to redeem her, why the sympathetic scenes?  It just seems like they had two different writers who have never met (or discussed the character) write different scenes.

Why can't she be both despicable and sympathetic?  

• Love 4

Are episodes showing on the East coast each day? Here on the West coast, they're only available via On Demand.  I'm just wondering if these episodes will be repeated after the impeachment trial is over.  Mom enjoys watching Days, but she's not adept at using the On Demand feature.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

What do you expect, Eric? You tell Nicole you won't forgive her and she is supposed to wait and see if one day the St. Pious forgiveness anvil falls on her? A lot of people have stuff happen to them. You pushed her away and treated her horribly. Nicole maybe needs to grow a bigger spine and tell you off once and for all and that you cannot treat her how you do and expect her to simply accept that is who you are and she will put up with your being hot and cold forever. If she overcooks a potato you would probably ream her out. She will move on. She can love you but it is not enough.

Victor does need to come clean about Maggie and her involvement in Adrienne's crash and death. And there needs to be a proper investigation. Here a serious accident has police on scene for hours determining how it happened. It just seemed too neat. Will having a grey vehicle also does not fit that a black car was responsible for Adrienne driving off the road.

Ciara did do the right thing but she and Will need to have a bit more proof before going forward.

No idea what the writers are planning to do with Kristen. I really thought she would have recognized Mackenzie as her own daughter.

• Love 4

Watching Friday's show, and of course Abigail has to blurt out the news of Haley's death to JJ in the most obnoxious way.

Poor Brady, who can't hold two thoughts in his head at the same time, is having his mind blown by everything going on.

They let people carry dead babies around the hospital?

So Victor and Xander paid off the doctor.  That explains a lot.

I'm trying to think of which characters are blood relatives of Sarah.  Maggie, Summer, Melanie, Holly, Parker. I don't know if Neil has any blood relatives. Of course Eric has millions of blood relatives.  But also of course, they aren't really the baby's parents, so it would have to go into Brady and Kristen's blood families.  Maybe they can bring Peter back to do a blood match.  😄

Shut it, Eric, you have no right to be pissy about who Nicole is sleeping with.

So we've been seeing Sonny begging and pleading for Will not to divorce him and now he's telling Evan that his marriage ended the night Will killed Adrienne?  Make up your mind, Show.

So I wonder if Evan is going to go through with it ...

• Love 7

Well, Eric not being a prick didn't last long.  We almost got through half an episode without him showing his disdain for Nicole and walking off in a huff.  The man is not only a self-centered ass, he's pretty immature for a middle aged man and he's an emotional abuser.  So what's new?

I just can't respond the way Show seems to want us to do with Kristen.  Yeah, I'm sorry she thinks her baby is dead in the same way I'd be sorry for anybody, but she's been such a homicidal horror to everyone for such a long time I surely can.t muster up any wish to see her onscreen, much less hope she's happy.  I really don't understand why she's not permanently locked up in a hospital for the criminally insane.

And if she's what Brady's attracted to, they should get a suite together.

Will, stop being so goddam nice and get out of jail ASAP.  He can drive me nuts when he puts himself aside in such a horrible situation.  Stop it.

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny, you're horny as hell, we get it.  Hopefully, you'll get it too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15

I don't like Ciara at all. I cannot take her seriously with talking about other people being bad when she's so far up a serial killer's butt.

The story of the wreck makes no sense. I will say, now that I know Will was texting, I lost a lot of sympathy for him. It was only by chance he didn't cause the wreck.

Or did he ? I agree with some that Ron ignores what he wants when he want, especially history between characters. But the scenes showing what happened, logistically make no sense. As others have said, why would Maggie be coming from the opposite direction of Adrienne when they left the same place ? Unless she drove to a liquor store to get more booze and then turned around, but that's not likely.  Looked like the same bottle that Summer brought, to me, in the car with her. Will, texting or not, would have known if someone was in front of him,, even if that car kept going after Maggie's car left the road. But if he looked up in time to see Adrienne's car leave the road, he had to have seen Maggie's car do so as well.

Unless Maggie wasn't in front of him, as they think. And here's another thing. Why do they think that ? Will's car gray, could have looked black to Sarah.  I think Maggie was behind Will or behind Adrienne, and if someone did run Adrienne off the road, it was Will after all, or someone else. The reason I think she was behind one of them and not in front, is that when Xander comes to her, he sees the lights of the ambulance *up* the road, not behind Maggie's car, when he gets to her.

And wouldn't Will, or someone, spot another set of headlights on that dark, empty road, even if Maggie's car had veered way off ? It just makes no sense at all.

I do like most of the performances, but some of them were lacking. I thought the guy playing Sonny (isn't the actors name Freddy ?) was kind of bad. Yeah he can cry, but I think that's what ruined it for me, it seemed like acting, like he was trying.

I expected more from Matthew Ashford, and isn't Adrienne his big sister, not little ? I remember Billy being the youngest ? Oh well.

Adrienne and I are soul sisters. I'm not a hothouse flower, either, and have had to change a tire on the side of the road all by myself several times. She was one of the main reasons I started watching this show years ago and I hate to see her go. I hated the line in the show about how Adrienne loves being a mom, in light of JE's RL tragedy. That hit me harder than I expected. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That green shirt that Will wears in the flashbacks always looks like he's sweating through it.

I think Ron wants us to give him credit for foreshadowing.

13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why can't she be both despicable and sympathetic?  

Lack of skill on the part of the writers, mostly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4