Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

That's how they can afford to keep it open -- it's a chain! The chowder in the Prague location is pretty good, I bet.

Prague is known for its chowder, so yes, I assume so, too :)

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope probably hasn't had much interaction with Ciara over the past  year - maybe a bit here and there, dinner once in a while. She hates Ben, so Ciara would be biased in her behavior and be on the defensive. Hope also would have been on her own best behavior to not tip anyone off. She also hasn't mentioned Claire in a bit. No one has cared much about Claire the past several months. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't think Shawn D is more clever - he has been out of Salem's daily life and can be a bit more objective. Surely someone would remember Princess Gina - like John?

Stevano really blew at Anna's less than stellar views of Stefano. Surprised she was still alive. Of course, no one really suspects that he showed up out of nowhere, he showed up with Hope of all people, he is allegedly tracking Stefano, Stefano is back in town allegedly when he is. The Salem Brain is sunning itself on a beach somewhere. At least John now has a clue with the ring.

Have no idea how Gina and Stefano will get their imagined beloveds - do they think that they will just fall in love with them in an instant?

Chad, you will be very surprised to meet your 'father'.

I like the symmetry of Shawn D being the one to figure out Gina. He was the one who figured her out originally as a teenager and the one who killed the actual Gina the last time she was impersonating Hope. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, here's an idea for Chad and Abigail and Kristen - why don't you all go and get a real job instead of pretending that gaining control of DiMera is some noble quest.  It's not.  Gabi may be amoral, with a side of psychopathy, but doesn't that mean she's the perfect fit for a company like DiMera?  

Chad, in particular, acts like regaining DiMera is the equivalent of finding the Holy Grail.

Soaps always get it wrong whenever they have business stories.  The board of directors who are hired by the investors(stockholders) have more power than the CEO because they can fire the CEO if they are not performing well and hire a replacement.  The investors have even more power than the board of directors and CEO.  So, I don't understand why anybody wants the title of CEO of Dimera.  Chad, Abigail, Kristen and Gabi will all be making lots of money without fighting with each other needlessly on a title.

If they want to have a business story how about Gabi is on the board of directors along with Abigail, they can clash there. Chad could be the chairman of the board of directors. The chairman is technically the leader of the corporation. Kate could be an investor so she would be everybody's boss. Kristen could be the CEO who works on behalf the board of directors. What does Dimera do exactly? How did the head of a criminal enterprise like Stefano get to have a legitimate corporation. The feds would be all over them.  Not to mention, people would be wary in investing in Dimera.

• Love 4

I haven’t watched this show in literally years but have checked back in while the hearings are being televised. Since when did Marlena, John, Steve, Kate and everyone else whisper all of the time? The character of Ridge on B&B whispers too which drives me insane. No one I know IRL does that when they speak to other people. And Marlena and John?  Open your eyes. People IRL do that too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dr. Rolf! It's been so long since we have last seen you.

John, you are dumb. Steve has been very off since he got in to Salem a couple of weeks ago. Good idea for Steve to wear the bullet proof vest and a ton o' ketchup.

Hope didn't turn her key in when she moved out? Doc, you should have changed the locks! At least you bought yourself a minute to listen to Rafe's message. Surely the gang will all head over to Prague, er, Horton Square, for the next installment of the adventures of fake Gina and fake Steffy.

So Kate is filling Hattie in on what is really going on in Salem. The secret wouldn't last forever, but she really should be filling in folks like Rafe!

Why can't Chad and Abby buy their own house in Salem? Surely they can afford one with room for a servant or two, plus a cook and nanny for the kids. Can't imagine that the meagre guesthouse will suit them. And Ben lived there so it would have bad mo-jo, not to mention that Jordan died there.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why can't Chad and Abby buy their own house in Salem? Surely they can afford one with room for a servant or two, plus a cook and nanny for the kids. Can't imagine that the meagre guesthouse will suit them. And Ben lived there so it would have bad mo-jo, not to mention that Jordan died there.

For some reason they still want to be on Dimeara property.  Yes, there is a house with 3,756 rooms but they need to expand the gardener's cottage.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

So I haven't watched any episodes this week except for maybe Monday's....I'm tempted to start fresh next week rather than try to catch up, especially considering I have 5 Manifests, 3 This is Us's, 2 New Amsterdams, an Outsider, nearly a entire season of Shameless, and god knows what else in my queue. Impeachment has been a real time suck, lol. 

Are there scenes I ought not to miss? 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

So I haven't watched any episodes this week except for maybe Monday's....I'm tempted to start fresh next week rather than try to catch up, especially considering I have 5 Manifests, 3 This is Us's, 2 New Amsterdams, an Outsider, nearly a entire season of Shameless, and god knows what else in my queue. Impeachment has been a real time suck, lol. 

Are there scenes I ought not to miss? 

IMO, I thought yesterday's episode was pretty decent.  If nothing else, things are FINALLY moving. I think Rafe and Shawn work well together. And they even gave Roman something to do. When a spoiler came out that Kate confide in someone, Hattie was the last person I would of thought of. LOL. Their scenes were pretty good.

Chad and Abigail's scenes were nice.

We need to see more Jack and Jennifer, though.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What does Dimera do exactly? How did the head of a criminal enterprise like Stefano get to have a legitimate corporation. The feds would be all over them.  Not to mention, people would be wary in investing in Dimera.

Chad took it legitimate a few years back.  As far as I can tell, it's highly diversified international corporatoin.  So "Gaby Chic" would be a tiny little blip.  As would Basic Black.  Clothing lines are not big cash. They've mentioned shipping, import/export, telecommunications, biomedical, and real estate.  They started off as a mafia family from Italy but I think Chad divested the illegal stuff.

Sonny pulled a similar move over at Titan.  With Victor around, however, there seems to be Titan goons still available to do dirty work for Victor.    

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Thanks @Sidney! I'll watch yesterday and today but then cut my losses. I want to see more of Jack and Jenn, too -- would have loved to see them on an adventure to find the truth about Gina, etc., but no such luck. 

Check out the scene of Anna yelling at "Stevino" 🙂  I got a kick out of that...she was going on & on about how awful Stefano was & finally "Steve" yells "Shut Up Woman!"...Anna & Tony were quite taken aback.... I am like you, I have too many shows to catch up on!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

John, you are dumb. Steve has been very off since he got in to Salem a couple of weeks ago. Good idea for Steve to wear the bullet proof vest and a ton o' ketchup.

Hope didn't turn her key in when she moved out? Doc, you should have changed the locks! At least you bought yourself a minute to listen to Rafe's message. Surely the gang will all head over to Prague, er, Horton Square, for the next installment of the adventures of fake Gina and fake Steffy.

So Kate is filling Hattie in on what is really going on in Salem. The secret wouldn't last forever, but she really should be filling in folks like Rafe!

I think we're hard-pressed to find any house/townhouse/condo/apartment/hotel room that HASN'T had a murder victim.  I follow the Supernatural fandom and we are blessed with the "Supernaturalwiki.com" who literally has a team of volunteers keeping up on show facts/data.  If this were that fandom, they'd probably have a list of murder locations and statistics on where the most occurred.  If I was to hazard a guess, in Salem, I think the most murders have occurred in one of three places:
1) The Dimera mansion
2) The random scrub known as the park
3) The hospital (I mean murders, not just the routine death tragedies)
4) The writer's room

As for yesterday's episode:
- It's things like Kate crumbling and talking over her issues with Hattie that endear me to Kate.  I like Hattie better when she's kind versus kooky.
- Stevano is so THIN SKINNED.  And clutching onto his ring like it's "My Precious" (gratuitous Lord of the Rings reference)! He needed to get shot just on principle. 
- Marlena, how could you not immediately lock the door when Hope left?  Your sense of moral superiority does not improve your survival instincts.
- Go Roman!  I love to see him back in action. Along with Shawn and Rafe.  Although Rafe needs to take a minute and put out an APB on the Commish. 
- I like Chad's idea of expanding the gardner's house to be a cozy cottage for their family.  And I liked their scenes together. After living in a relatively tiny place in Paris, Abby can Pinterest-worthy that place in a Salem minute.  Ben and Ciara, when they finally get together, will need a new place anyway.  Ben had the spot as part of his Dimera employment.  Eli may theoretically be moving up from Head of Security to CEO Consort but I don't think Ben is getting his old job back soon.

• Love 4

So the ONLY place Gina can think of to take a kidnapped Marlena is back to the lair, which is still routinely checked on by Rafe for the return of Stefano?  She doesn't think that might be the first place he looks now that Sean figured out she's Gina?  Even the Hide-Out motel would have been a better option.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

So the ONLY place Gina can think of to take a kidnapped Marlena is back to the lair, which is still routinely checked on by Rafe for the return of Stefano?  She doesn't think that might be the first place he looks now that Sean figured out she's Gina?  Even the Hide-Out motel would have been a better option.

And, how did she get her there?  Marlena woke up tied to that chair so she must have been drugged, so that means Hope/Gina dragged her from the apartment, got her in the car, then dragged her out of the car and up to the loft?  Ummm......Marlena isn't a small person and Hope isn't a large one, or a young one, so how the hell did she manage that?  

I wonder how many cigarette breaks she needed, too.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SueB said:

Stevano is so THIN SKINNED.  And clutching onto his ring like it's "My Precious" (gratuitous Lord of the Rings reference)! He needed to get shot just on principle. 

Preferably in the face. I have no time for Chip Dimera.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I haven’t watched this show in literally years but have checked back in while the hearings are being televised. Since when did Marlena, John, Steve, Kate and everyone else whisper all of the time? The character of Ridge on B&B whispers too which drives me insane. No one I know IRL does that when they speak to other people. And Marlena and John?  Open your eyes. People IRL do that too.

Kristen Alphonzo whispers constantly and mumbles. Thank goodness for CC.   

17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think the guest house is very nice and cozy looking. I'd love it. They are spoiled. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, boes said:

And, how did she get her there?  Marlena woke up tied to that chair so she must have been drugged, so that means Hope/Gina dragged her from the apartment, got her in the car, then dragged her out of the car and up to the loft?  Ummm......Marlena isn't a small person and Hope isn't a large one, or a young one, so how the hell did she manage that?  

I wonder how many cigarette breaks she needed, too.

Why did my closed captioning say "Hattie as Marlena" every time Marlena spoke? I was totally confused. First by how she got there in the first place and then, is it Marlena or Hattie?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Why did my closed captioning say "Hattie as Marlena" every time Marlena spoke? I was totally confused. First by how she got there in the first place and then, is it Marlena or Hattie?

Interesting.   Especially since I kept thinking Marlena seemed very Hattie-ish in most of those scenes with Stevano. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Kristian Alfonso is an awful actress, what kind of accent is she doing as Gina.  It sounds like a mix between British, Russian, Irish, What a mess! Stephen is trying but he too is hard to watch as Stevano. Deidre is just confused,  perhaps it is due to their brutal taping schedules, when she is supposed to be Marlena, she acts like Hattie.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Kristian Alfonso is an awful actress, what kind of accent is she doing as Gina.  It sounds like a mix between British, Russian, Irish, What a mess! Stephen is trying but he too is hard to watch as Stevano. Deidre is just confused,  perhaps it is due to their brutal taping schedules, when she is supposed to be Marlena, she acts like Hattie.. 

This might be the explanation? I don't think it's a spoiler, but it technically might be so........

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Interesting about the possible spoiler/closed captioning. I guess we will find out at some point.

What an expensive plan! Get John to go to Prague on a ruse to find Stefano, pretend to be shot by the nefarious Dr. Rolf, and zip back to Salem on the next flight or private flight to 'rescue' Marlena in the Princess Gina apartment. And then have HoGina, after being exhausted from lugging deadweight Marlena to the apartment, fly all the way to Prague to be with the Pawn when he wakes up. And now both are 'dead'. Couldn't they have just used Salem?

What an interesting discovery Chad and Abs made - a portrait of Steve Johnson made to look like dear old dad Stefano. Are they going to call up Kayla and ask where she would like to hang the portrait of her former husband? Or why there is a painting in the guesthouse?

So no one's blood type matches the baby's. Wonder why. Won't Brady be a bit suspicious that he and Tate may be eligible donors?

Nicole, set some boundaries with Eric before he tramples on you again within a few weeks.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Interesting about the possible spoiler/closed captioning. I guess we will find out at some point.

What an expensive plan! Get John to go to Prague on a ruse to find Stefano, pretend to be shot by the nefarious Dr. Rolf, and zip back to Salem on the next flight or private flight to 'rescue' Marlena in the Princess Gina apartment. And then have HoGina, after being exhausted from lugging deadweight Marlena to the apartment, fly all the way to Prague to be with the Pawn when he wakes up. And now both are 'dead'. Couldn't they have just used Salem?

What an interesting discovery Chad and Abs made - a portrait of Steve Johnson made to look like dear old dad Stefano. Are they going to call up Kayla and ask where she would like to hang the portrait of her former husband? Or why there is a painting in the guesthouse?

So no one's blood type matches the baby's. Wonder why. Won't Brady be a bit suspicious that he and Tate may be eligible donors?

Nicole, set some boundaries with Eric before he tramples on you again within a few weeks.

HoGina!  LMAO!!!

I find it quite ridiculous that NO ONE but Shawn Douglass was able to figure out in 5 minutes what everyone else has been clueless about for a whole year! Fake Hope's atrocious accent, I want to strangle her every time she opens her mouth to utter a word and yet people don't seem to notice how much her behavior has changed etc.   Isn't Rafe supposed to be a super cop as well as ex-FBI and John Black is supposed to be some sort of super spy...that man is so clueless lately,  he can't figure his way out of a wet paper bag!

It was bad enough he didn't figure out that it was Princess Gina living with him all the past 5 or 6 months...by the way, how is it that nobody questioned why she moved in with John...especially John.  Usually they are ALL up in each other's business but no one thought it was strange that Hope moved in with John when she could have moved in with Julie and her father???!!!  Nor did anyone bat an eye when Hope didn't show up to visit Julie every day at the hospital like the real Hope would have.  Fake Hope has made numerous mistakes with family and colleagues and no one noticed.  Finally, Rafe did but even he kept putting things off time and again instead of bringing up his concerns earlier before things really got out of hand. 

Okay so the newest and latest is that both Marlena and John are supposed to believe that the other is dead...ooookay.  So what is going to stop either of them from wanting to see the body of their beloved???  Also, since John and Marlena are soul-mates how in the HELL do Fake Gina and Fake Steve think that either of them are going to suddenly fall madly in love with either of them so soon after the death soul-mates???  Honestly, I am sick of this storyline because it has gone on for too long and gotten more ridiculous every day.

Then there's the storyline with Maggie and her drunk driving...  I like Maggie but sorry not sorry, if she and not daughter caused the accident that killed Adrienne and Sarah's baby, then her drunk driving ass needs to go to jail.  She of ALL people knows that getting into a car after drinking is a MAJOR no-no and yet she did it anyway.  She could have called a Lyft or had Victor's chauffer take her where she wanted to go.

I understand Victor hates Kristen but to let Brady think his child is dead is plain evil!  Brady is the son of his beloved Isabella and yet he allowed Xander to take Brady's baby and give it to Sarah and to add insult to injury he allowed Will to go to jail for something that Maggie might be responsible for.  Xander telling Brady that a little discomfit for Tate is okay as long as baby Mickey gets better...uh I don't think so buddy.  Even surgeries that are supposed to be "simple and risk free" can have unforseen outcomes and this is a child Xander is trying to put onto the chopping block literally.  Even if Brady says it's okay it's still up to Teresea since she has full custody of Tate and she is no fan of Xander.

I really hope ALL these storylines end VERY soon because I am sick of this stupid because frankly I am totally disgusted with the blatant stupidity of the characters.  I realize that the writers want to make a good storyline but there's a BIG difference between a good storyline and a ridiculous one and but the John/Marlena/Gina/Stefano storyline is the latter.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, lapetite66 said:

I find it quite ridiculous that NO ONE but Shawn Douglass was able to figure out in 5 minutes what everyone else has been clueless about for a whole year!

I always liked Shawn (or as I often call him - the one Bo would actually be proud to call his kid) But yeah its just pathetic and stupid that he seems to be the only one with a working brain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

In his list of things that he and Abby have had to contend with, he included "multiple personalities", and then said:  Too soon?

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

So I was watching this Belgian series on Netflix called Unit 42.  It's a cop show about a team that specializes in using tech to solve crimes, homicides.

One episode was about how someone killed people wearing a pacemaker with just a cellphone call!!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 8:28 PM, Pearson80 said:

… what kind of accent is she doing as Gina.  It sounds like a mix between British, Russian, Irish ...

That Gina Chipollina gets around! (Heh. Actual Irish princesses haven't existed for, what, 1200 years?)

• LOL 3

Why is Brady so reluctant to have Tate tested?  He should be willing to get anybody tested who might be a match. Besides, Theresa has custody, it should be up to her.

Where were "Marlena" and Stefano having their conversation?  That painting of Stefano was hanging right there.

If this is Hattie and not Marlena, where is Marlena?

• Love 4

At first I was a bit worried for Abigail.  Is she going to have to clean out all Bens things.  No matter how anyone feels about Abby she really should not have anything to do with Ben.  It looks like they just covered everything in tarps.  There’s a Guitar sitting out by the couch. I have no idea who that belongs to. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I THINK that Kate is either hiding the real Marlena or she is going to Prague to find John.

Kate should have said something. It makes no sense that she would be so passive. She and Marlena have gotten close over the years. If Eric could love Nicole after everything she has done to Sami, I could live with Kate and Marlena being friends. I was not always sold on their friendship after everything that went down in the past. Since we are supposed to accept Ben a ruthless serial killer of 3 women a kidnapper an attempted murderer and an arsonist as a romantic hero, then, Kate and Marlena being besties is fine with me. 

• Love 5

There are lots of donor drives here - sometimes it's limited to folks from a different country of origin, age range, etc. Anyone who is eligible to be tested is encouraged to do so. Folks related to Mickey can be tested as long as they meet certain requirements. Heck, even Kristen offered to be tested.

Didn't think that Sarah and Eric did anything. I enjoyed her telling Xander that she was in love with him. The love of a good woman and all.

Hopefully Nicole can set some real, enforceable boundaries with Eric so they won't break up again in 2 weeks.

Abigail must have had some contact with the Salem brain to suspect that maybe Stefano is wearing a Steve Johnson mask or something like that.

Marlena seemed a bit off with Steve - more scattered, more something. I have no idea how my closed captioning works on my remote. Too bad Rafe and Roman didn't bother to look inside the 'apartment'.

• Love 4

Wouldn’t it have been great if Sarah and Eric actually did have sex and she got pregnant again thinking that they would have a sibling for Mickey that might be a perfect match. Then, they’d find out Mickey isn’t their bio child...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Watching Friday's episode: 

It always annoys me on a personal level when someone refers to God as  "the man upstairs". He's not your NEIGHBOR one flight up. But then that whole scene, acting as if Eric has some kind of line to God sarah can't have just because he's an ex priest. It doesn't work that way, LOL. I mean, I don't expect them to get it right. But do they have to be so stereotypical and annoying ?

The answer is yes, of course they do. Oh well.

Eric and Sarah should just stay away from each other. I don't' care how lonely or lost one or both of them are feeling. Two self righteous hypocrites in a pairing is a no go for me.

Speaking of two self righteous hypocrites in a pairing: Chad and Abby. It's like watching vapor, only vapor has more depth. 

The whole thing with Hina, John, Stevano and Marlena is just SIIIICK, gross, nasty, disgusting. Move on, please. Wrap this nonsense up.

I do think Victor and Xander are despicable right now, but I also have no doubt that Saint Eric and Bumbling Brady would probably do the same thing, were they in Xander's place. Still, I think they are taking their sweet time (in TV time) to tell the truth. So, they will deserve everything they have coming. I'll still mock Brady and Eric though, and Sarah, AND Kristen the psycho when the truth comes out. None of the four of them really have room to judge anyone, do they ? Interesting. 

I was so pumped by the flashback stuff and now...straight back down the toilet. 

*sigh*

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6

It was strange and off brand Brady balked at Tate being tested as a donor. All it requires is a simple blood draw to enter registry. He should know that since he was with Chloe when she had leukemia and needed a donor. 

My mom donated bone marrow anonymously, she was in the registry and matched w a stranger years ago. I’m one of the only people who know this. 

Nicole becoming too bitchy for my liking. I’ve always been “iffy” on her character though since I OG Sami, Kate, and Chloe stan. 

Yes it’s beyond obvious the kidnapped “Marlena” is Hattie with her stammering and huffing. I can’t stand people and actors who do the “um um um” “uh uh uh yeah” shit. Just spit it out! It’s not endearing or #relatable. I think also my years doing competitive speech and debate made hearing that tick akin to stepping on a lego or doing so as cringe tripping in front of a crowd. 

Abby and Chad’s outfits and hair were so ugly today. 

I am so over Eric. 

• Love 9

Am I hearing Eric right? Nicole is the one he blames for keeping the secret, and not poor Sarah? SMH. Why won't Nicole tell Eric and Brady both to go kick rocks. Both have done nothing but made her life miserable.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 9

Be still, my heart.  Will Marlena and John find out that both are still among the living?  And will it happen before they need to be in bed by 10?  Will the the dead Stefano inhabiting Steve's body prevail, even though he has to take frequent bathroom breaks at his age?  Will HopeGina put her back out of commission trying to comfort John and find her plan out of commission too?

If this sounds like I'm being ageist, maybe I am - but these are characters played by people in my own age group and I think this shit is STUPID.  Of COURSE older people still have sexual and emotional lives but we don't do it the same way we did when we were younger - with any luck, that's at least partly true because we happened to have gotten smarter.

But then again, this is Salem, the town where, apparently, we're supposed to empathize with an over 50 psychopathic horror of a woman who "lost" the baby she had with the kid she used to babysit, and we're supposed to find some sympathy for her being mocked by the woman whose identity she assumed while forcing her to pretend that she and her child were dead.

I sure hope she's happy.

giphy.gif

It's a sad day when my favorite character onscreen was .... Abigail.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Good post, as always, @boes but THIS

43 minutes ago, boes said:

the kid she used to babysit

stopped me in my tracks.

whatchatalkinabout.jpg

How did I not know this?  Did she REALLY used to babysit Brady?  Oooookay, fine.  Goose, gander.  I get it.  Still.  Squick territory for me.

*sigh* Moving on (bolding for the skimmers):

When Stevano first appeared, I could buy Marlena as actually Hattie.  But Hattie sure felt like Marlena on Monday.  It's definitely inconsistent.  When she's pure 'Hattie', she doesn't have enough sense to be that good of an 'actress'.  But if it IS Hattie, I'll ignore the slip because I like the twist. 

I found the Abigail/Chad conversation DELIGHTFUL.  Their total WTF-faces when seeing the Steveno portrait were perfect.  And if I lived in Salem, I'd make the leap to "evil Stefano plot with a mask" after the Kristen incident.  Shit gets weird with Stefano and his mad scientist Dr. Rolfe.  You gotta roll with it in Salem. 

I cannot believe Rafe and Roman didn't go the three extra feet to check the loft apartment for clues before trying to head to Prague.  Yeesh.  

I was also surprised at the number of story-threads on Tuesday.  I really enjoyed the entire episode.  Yes, I said that.  

Onto the other side of town.

I need to find the support group for people who woobify the bad guys.  Because that's me.  I'm a sucker for the 'I just want to be loved' bad guy, especially when they are repentant (see embarrassing list below).  So Xander, who I used to loathe, is my latest 'cause'.  I love that he's running around town in a panic looking for donors.  He honestly loves that child.  He will most likely be reviled and hated by everyone for what he did later but I feel for the guy.  So it's bittersweet to see him momentarily get the girl who he adores.  First, he really HAS changed.  His 'I don't need the details!' kicked puppy as he was legitimately walking out the door to leave was both kinda funny and telling.  Old Xander would NOT have accepted the situation.  Better Xander actually respected that Sarah had chosen Eric and was leaving.  Growth!  (Why yes, I'll be defending this hill for a little while).   

And then there's Eric.  When did HE turn into the 'fall in bed easy' guy?  He's always been the angsty guy who has to be SURE before he sleeps with someone.  Not Monday!  Nope, he was raring to go.  Eric punkin, get your butt to Confession.  That was Brady-class randy. There was no buildup to suddenly in love with Sarah again.  In fact, your actual thoughts are still with Nicole and your jealousy that she's 'with' Brady.  Now I would absolutely welcome this relaxation on your part if it came with a dose of humble pie.  Your rationale for being pissed at Nicole is that she was selfish.  Your actions with Sarah were pretty selfish right then.  Your heart still belongs to Nicole and you were looking for physical comfort.  Nope nope nopity nope. 

And then Kristen looks sympathetic!  Again! Did we enter an Alternate Universe?  Although I do like Nicole retaining her claws a bit while still being in love with Eric.  They need to have her retain that 'bite' and have Eric accept that.  I think she suppresses that too much with Eric. 

Brady is SOOOO going right back to bed with Kristen BTW.  No spoilers, just... obvious.  Moth to flame.  Moth to flame.  I don't get it and yet I do.  I THINK it's better than alcoholism.  Maybe. 

For the curious...
List of characters I have no business being sweet on (feel free to judge me - I deserve it):
Anakin - no shit. He should have lost me at the younglings but I still see a manipulated child who was poorly raised by ObiWan. 
Connor Angel - He should have lost me with his teenage whine-fest and sticking Angle in a box at the bottom of the ocean but he was raised in a literal Hell dimension and his Dad's mortal enemy.
Pete Campell - It may be residual Connor feels but I was glad he wound up with Trudy. Although I was a huge Peggy & Pete fan.
Lex (Smallville) - He actually DID lose me eventually but it was pretty hard to let him go.
Like I said - I need a support group.  'Hi! My name is SueB and I'm a soft touch for evil losers.'

Edited by SueB
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

Of COURSE older people still have sexual and emotional lives but we don't do it the same way we did when we were younger - with any luck, that's at least partly true because we happened to have gotten smarter.

Is it ageist to expect people who have adult children and grandchildren to have some perspective and not to behave like teenagers with no life experience and no responsibilities? Is it ageist to criticize the writers of the show for not showing any functional difference between the inner lives of mature adults and hormone-addled teenagers? Is it ageist to expect the writers to at least acknowledge that these particular mature adults have been dealing with this same kind of manipulation and treachery from exactly the same source(s) for decades, and yet they appear just as credulous and ill-prepared and as easily taken advantage of as when the world was new? 

I say it is not.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SueB said:

stopped me in my tracks.

whatchatalkinabout.jpg

How did I not know this?  Did she REALLY used to babysit Brady?  Oooookay, fine.  Goose, gander.  I get it.  Still.  Squick territory for me.

Oh, it happened. I remember seeing a picture of Kristen (back in the 90s) bouncing baby/toddler Brady on her knee. I can't find that picture right now, but you get the idea. Just like EJ and Will used to have play dates back in the 90s, because EJ was born after Will on screen, and we all know how that one turned out! 🥴

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SueB said:

stopped me in my tracks.

whatchatalkinabout.jpg

*sigh* Moving on (bolding for the skimmers😞

When Stevano first appeared, I could buy Marlena as actually Hattie.  But Hattie sure felt like Marlena on Monday.  It's definitely inconsistent.  When she's pure 'Hattie', she doesn't have enough sense to be that good of an 'actress'.  But if it IS Hattie, I'll ignore the slip because I like the twist. 

I found the Abigail/Chad conversation DELIGHTFUL.  Their total WTF-faces when seeing the Steveno portrait were perfect.  And if I lived in Salem, I'd make the leap to "evil Stefano plot with a mask" after the Kristen incident.  Shit gets weird with Stefano and his mad scientist Dr. Rolfe.  You gotta roll with it in Salem. 

I cannot believe Rafe and Roman didn't go the three extra feet to check the loft apartment for clues before trying to head to Prague.  Yeesh.  

I was also surprised at the number of story-threads on Tuesday.  I really enjoyed the entire episode.  Yes, I said that.  

Onto the other side of town.

I need to find the support group for people who woobify the bad guys.  Because that's me.  I'm a sucker for the 'I just want to be loved' bad guy, especially when they are repentant (see embarrassing list below).  So Xander, who I used to loathe, is my latest 'cause'.  I love that he's running around town in a panic looking for donors.  He honestly loves that child.  He will most likely be reviled and hated by everyone for what he did later but I feel for the guy.  So it's bittersweet to see him momentarily get the girl who he adores.  First, he really HAS changed.  His 'I don't need the details!' kicked puppy as he was legitimately walking out the door to leave was both kinda funny and telling.  Old Xander would NOT have accepted the situation.  Better Xander actually respected that Sarah had chosen Eric and was leaving.  Growth!  (Why yes, I'll be defending this hill for a little while).   

And then there's Eric.  When did HE turn into the 'fall in bed easy' guy?  He's always been the angsty guy who has to be SURE before he sleeps with someone.  Not Monday!  Nope, he was raring to go.  Eric punkin, get your butt to Confession.  That was Brady-class randy. There was no buildup to suddenly in love with Sarah again.  In fact, your actual thoughts are still with Nicole and your jealousy that she's 'with' Brady.  Now I would absolutely welcome this relaxation on your part if it came with a dose of humble pie.  Your rationale for being pissed at Nicole is that she was selfish.  Your actions with Sarah were pretty selfish right then.  Your heart still belongs to Nicole and you were looking for physical comfort.  Nope nope nopity nope. 

And then Kristen looks sympathetic!  Again! Did we enter an Alternate Universe?  Although I do like Nicole retaining her claws a bit while still being in love with Eric.  They need to have her retain that 'bite' and have Eric accept that.  I think she suppresses that too much with Eric. 

Brady is SOOOO going right back to bed with Kristen BTW.  No spoilers, just... obvious.  Moth to flame.  Moth to flame.  I don't get it and yet I do.  I THINK it's better than alcoholism.  Maybe. 

For the curious...
List of characters I have no business being sweet on (feel free to judge me - I deserve it):
Anakin - no shit. He should have lost me at the younglings but I still see a manipulated child who was poorly raised by ObiWan. 
Connor Angel - He should have lost me with his teenage whine-fest and sticking Angle in a box at the bottom of the ocean but he was raised in a literal Hell dimension and his Dad's mortal enemy.
Pete Campell - It may be residual Connor feels but I was glad he wound up with Trudy. Although I was a huge Peggy & Pete fan.
Lex (Smallville) - He actually DID lose me eventually but it was pretty hard to let him go.
Like I said - I need a support group.  'Hi! My name is SueB and I'm a soft touch for evil losers.'

I have to join you in the "Xander love" group 🙂  I like the actor & think that  Paul & Lindsay have great chemistry.  He still has that 'bad boy persona" but he is So in love with Sarah & little Mickey...he's going to the ends of the earth to find a way to save Mickey.   I know we, the fans, are supposed to 'hand wave away" the sins of Xander & Ben, but I have an easier time of it with Xander because I like the actor & it seems more plausible with him.

• Love 15