Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, bannana said:

I am still catching up on missed episodes on On Demand.

Has it ever been explained how Hattie was talking to Kate in the Brady Pub at the same time as Hope was about to kidnap Marlena, and then suddenly Hattie was playing Marlena  with Stevano at the lair?  I just don't get how that happened.  (I know, I know, that's not the craziest thing that is happening!)

I mean, it is ridiculous to think that Hope dragged Marlena to her car and then to the lair.  But she could have henchman.  But how did Hattie conspire to replace Marlena in the span of about two seconds???

I think it was explained today (I was only half watching at that point) but I think HoGina left Marlena alone, probably to take off to be with John, then Kate went to the lair and found Marlena, replaced her with Hattie, and then Kate and Marlena took off for Prague.

So, I know I'm probably alone in this, but as a CIN fan, I was grinning like a fool when Ben came out of the woods and we saw the shot of the motorcycle, then he spotted Ciara and they both said "hi".   

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 5

He wanted EJ and Sami endgame. So he probably already hated Failure for her stank ass interloping. Plus Jar Jar tried to kill Marlena and has always pushed Chad to distance himself from DiMera. He has many reasons why he dislikes her. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, buffynut said:

So, I know I'm probably alone in this, but as a CIN fan, I was grinning like a fool when Ben came out of the woods and we saw the shot of the motorcycle, then he spotted Ciara and they both said "hi".   

If I didn't hate them I would be swooining over that moment, too. That's pretty great shipper content lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Yeah they ain’t it for me.

RN I like Xander and Sarah, Jack and Jennifer, Eli and Gabi, Kate and Roman, Will and Sonny.

Warming to himbo Brady and his crazy gf Kristen. 

Stanned for missed coupledoms of Rex and Chloe, Claire and Ben, and Sami and Lucas, JJ and Eve. They need to bring a couple of those characters back imho. 

So it seemed pretty obvious to me Stevano was shot by Abby’s bitch made hubby. And Ben got shot in the leg I guess. I hope the guard blows away Clyde for turning a gun on him and I was excited when Stefano was going blast Abby. Interesting her alter didn’t jump out in that high stress moment, interesting how conditional and convenient that is. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

He wanted EJ and Sami endgame. So he probably already hated Failure for her stank ass interloping. Plus Jar Jar tried to kill Marlena and has always pushed Chad to distance himself from DiMera. He has many reasons why he dislikes her. 

Well, I guess he must have put his dislike aside when he was trying to push Chad to go after her, and take her away from Ben. lol

Anyway,  I'm glad there's no love lost between them after all the horrible things he's done to her family.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

RN I like Xander and Sarah, Jack and Jennifer, Eli and Gabi, Kate and Roman, Will and Sonny.

Stanned for missed coupledoms of Rex and Chloe, Claire and Ben, and Sami and Lucas, JJ and Eve. They need to bring a couple of those characters back imho. 

So it seemed pretty obvious to me Stevano was shot by Abby’s bitch made hubby. And Ben got shot in the leg I guess. I hope the guard blows away Clyde for turning a gun on him and I was excited when Stefano was going blast Abby. Interesting her alter didn’t jump out in that high stress moment, interesting how conditional and convenient that is. 

We really should've gotten a revisit of JJ/Eve while she was married to Jack. Instead of the lame immigration story we got where they treat Haley's death as an afterthought and Melinda doesn't get to react to her own daughter being dead.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah, I know I'm probably alone in liking them, but I can't help it.  I even liked Ben better than Chad back when they were fighting over Abigail.  And I HATE that whichever writer it was made Ben the Necktie Killer. He could have had a dark side, without becoming a SERIAL KILLER.  But despite that, I still like the actor and his portrayal of Ben. And though I hated the initial SORASED Ciara, I mostly like this version, and I like CIN. 

I also mostly like Xander and Sarah.  Have always liked Jack and Jennifer. 

Could probably like Eli and Gabi, if they hadn't made Gabi so ridiculously E-VIL with this pacemaker app.   

But I also like Eli and Lani, which I know is another unpopular opinion.  I wish they'd let them be happy for a bit and have another baby. 

I like Kate and Roman, and missed when they were initially a couple, but could be on board for a revisit of them. 

Also like Will and Sonny, and hope they revisit them having another child. 

And liking Brady and newly "human" Kristen.  

Also love Eric and Nicole.  And, of course John and Marlena.  

Hated Rope, and hope that is NEVER revisited.  Though I don't know who they could pair Hope with.

Not hating Justin and Kayla, but know that's only temporary, and Steve and Kayla will eventually be back together.

50 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

We really should've gotten a revisit of JJ/Eve while she was married to Jack. Instead of the lame immigration story we got where they treat Haley's death as an afterthought and Melinda doesn't get to react to her own daughter being dead.

That's right, they didn't let poor Melinda mourn her daughter.  They didn't even have a funeral, or anything.  Just her fall down the stairs, JJ's anger and drug abuse, and attempted revenge on Kristen.  That's where the time jump spoiled things. 

• Love 2

I think I could like the character of Ciara if she would have stories that don’t involve Ben.  Pretty sure CIN is a popular couple. I just don’t like them.  Even when Ben was with Abigail he was possessive and angry. Just not my type.  
then I love Eric and he is very judgmental.  You can’t have it all.  LOL.  
    Lani/Eli I found sweet. You want unpopular opinion I loved her wedding dress.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Hated Rope, and hope that is NEVER revisited.  Though I don't know who they could pair Hope with.

Now that they've killed off Adrienne could anyone see Hope with Justin?  Kayla will eventually go back to Steve - sort of around the same time HE goes back to Steve and there really is no one else free.  Maybe they could do an "Adam's Rib" type thing where she is arresting people and he is defending them?  (Of course, every case would have to have some sort of "twist" so neither one was ever wrong.)

• Love 3

They really should've done Justin/Hope a few years ago when it was teased but back then Bo and Adrienne were around. 

I would go for Justin/Hope if Adrienne isn't coming back plus I would like to see how Victor would react to it he wouldn't be thrilled.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Now that they've killed off Adrienne could anyone see Hope with Justin?  Kayla will eventually go back to Steve - sort of around the same time HE goes back to Steve and there really is no one else free.  Maybe they could do an "Adam's Rib" type thing where she is arresting people and he is defending them?  (Of course, every case would have to have some sort of "twist" so neither one was ever wrong.)

Not against Hope/Justin. The trouble is, it would just be one of those "we have no idea what to do with these characters even as individuals, so let's just minimize them and put them together!" deals. Kind of like...Rafe/Hope.

I realize it is unfair that Bo got popular romances post Hope while Hope never got the same (except arguably with Aiden, but that was on Bo's back, i.e. making Bo a deadbeat to make it work - and only fixed for the 50th and killing Bo.), but let's face it, when Bo had his other romances, the writing was still good. And the show overall was better.

Now? It just...isn't. As I said, unfair, but it's the truth. I have no idea of Wally Kurth's status as I think he also still splits time with GH, but honestly, I don't think the show sees Justin as a "marquee" character. Honestly, I think the show was short-sighted in killing Bo. Yes, I'm well aware Peter Reckell was DONE. I don't blame him. But a recast did work once. Why couldn't it have again (if casting took its time)? At least the pairing as a whole would still have the history to fall back on, as was done for when Drake Hogestyn first was revealed to be Roman with Marlena.

Because a "from scratch" pairing for Hope will just have plot points with nothing to make a foundation upon at this rate. (And Rafe/Hope really had nothing, either. He pined for her out of the blue and Bo gave his blessing. Whoopie.)

Just my controversial take.

• Love 6

That was the shortest episode of Show I ever did watch!  

The only thing I'd change in this garden of earthly delights they called this smudge pot of overacting, shit can characterizations and plot lines a rabid bat would be ashamed to admit to, was the ending.

There was Ben, blinded by the light as Ciara took off her helmet and shook her hair like a Prell commercial from the 1970's, a smile breaking out on Ben's face....

It would have been SUCH a better ending if that smile turned in an instant to a look of panic as Ciara accidentally hits the gas and mows him down.

Now THAT says romance for this couple to ME!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

I think it was explained today (I was only half watching at that point) but I think HoGina left Marlena alone, probably to take off to be with John, then Kate went to the lair and found Marlena, replaced her with Hattie, and then Kate and Marlena took off for Prague.

I wasn't grinning but like you I do love them as a couple.  I've always rooted for Ben.  He got a bad deal with those old writers.  So I am glad to see him in this light.  

Aiden never got his shot at being redeemed but at least Ben did.    

• Love 5

@boes, I actually remember using Prell. It gave me dandruff.

So, the wonderful tourist-ridden, huge city of Prague is reduced to a single hotel and café for the Salemites. Salem Travel has only one place for tourists to book?

Poor John, having two middle aged women fighting for him. Maybe he is happy about it, maybe he was just happily drugged.

Surprised that Chad and Abs stumbled up on the apartment to discover Steve - er, Steveno, and Marlena, aka Hattie. Now he understands why dear old dad did not show himself to him. I too was surprised that Gabby did not resurface within Abs after Chad shot Steve/eno. Too bad that Steveno didn't get rid of the problem children when he had the chance.

Ben, being shot, has a small tourniquet over his leg and is hobbling to where - the whole Ciara thing brought back memories of Bo. And a better storyline. I like the actor who plays Ben, but he deserves a better character.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I hope the guard blows away Clyde 

Normally I'd be right with you as he is one of the most despicable DAYS villains ever.  But he did it to help his son so I can over look that.  Since he's always taunting and insulting Will, maybe throw Clyde in a cell and let some of the "love starved" inmates have their way with him.  Then the camera pans up and we hear Clyde scream out in agony. That's too dark for the show so and won't happen but I can dream.  😅😆    

• Love 2

I was so sick of Gina hugging and fawning all of John today.  I really want Marlena or Kate to lay hands on her and beat her into next week.  She was sickening.  

And I've been meaning to say this for a week or two, when did Chad take over for Will with the constant smirking?  Back in the day he and Sonny would often laugh when they had a bromance scene.  However Chad is constantly smirking these days in scenes that don't call for humor like Will often does.      

• Love 2

Now that Shawn is back and seeing that his mother has gone cuckoo, is he also going to point out to Ciara that she's being the dumbest girl in history for dating a serial killer and finally lay down the law a little bit? I think Victor should disinherit her and Shawn should cut her off and Marlena should have a serious session with her.

I'm so effing sick of stupid Ben.

The propping. The Propping!!!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

Yeah, I know I'm probably alone in liking them, but I can't help it.  I even liked Ben better than Chad back when they were fighting over Abigail.  And I HATE that whichever writer it was made Ben the Necktie Killer. He could have had a dark side, without becoming a SERIAL KILLER.  But despite that, I still like the actor and his portrayal of Ben. And though I hated the initial SORASED Ciara, I mostly like this version, and I like CIN. 

You're not alone, buffynut. My guess is many of us are afraid to admit it...being an UO & all.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

You're not alone, buffynut. My guess is many of us are afraid to admit it...being an UO & all.

Well you shouldn't be.That's part of the fun of watching the show, having different opinions. lol

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 7

Well, you all covered that episode so well I don't have much to add! Except that I chortled out loud when Ciara had to walk across a room to the window to see if it was dark outside. Was the room darker that it was in the midafternoon, Ciara? That would be a clue. But despite my strong dislike for the Ben/Ciara pairing, that last scene with the motorcycle was very Bo-esque and for that reason alone, I loved it. 

Thank GOD, this stupid Stefano/Steve/Hope/Gina mess looks to be ending soon. Then can we get back to some Jack/Jennifer stuff? I'd love for them to work together solving a mystery like the old days. If only Vern could come back, too. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, tribeca said:

I think I could like the character of Ciara if she would have stories that don’t involve Ben. 

+1. She's actually much more tolerable and hell sometimes even enjoyable for me when she's away from Ben. They both need to have something going on outside of each other imo.

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

My guess is many of us are afraid to admit it...being an UO & all.

If there's a lot of people talking about Ben/Ciara then it wouldn't be an UO anymore! In general, they seem quite popular online.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

But despite my strong dislike for the Ben/Ciara pairing, that last scene with the motorcycle was very Bo-esque and for that reason alone, I loved it. 

Big time! Yeah I've been vocal about hating the excessive redemption of Ben. And as much as I've always been annoyed by the show trying to recreate Bo and Hope's magic with CIN, well shit. That last scene, for the very first time, gave me such major Bo and Hope vibes. 

• Love 6

Well, it looks like we're getting close to FINALLY being over this Gina/Stevano shit.  Today when Rafe said he couldn't believe he was stupid enough to fall for Gina's act all I could think was:  Sweetie, EVERYBODY knew you were stupid enough to fall for that.  

So is Kayla going to wise up and give "Steve" something to make him pass out?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Well, it looks like we're getting close to FINALLY being over this Gina/Stevano shit.  Today when Rafe said he couldn't believe he was stupid enough to fall for Gina's act all I could think was:  Sweetie, EVERYBODY knew you were stupid enough to fall for that.  

So is Kayla going to wise up and give "Steve" something to make him pass out?

I Hope we are getting to the end of this silly HoGina stuff 🙂  Today's show had me zoning out except for Hattie who was making me laugh....I got a kick out of Hattie wrapping herself in a blanket & ordering Chad&Abigail around. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

If Rafe and Kate were able to get into Marlena's hotel room without a key, why did Marlena need one?

Dammit Stefano got my hopes up when he threatened to shoot Abigail.

When do people not carry their phones with them?

Wait, what?  Swapping out a pacemaker is an office appointment and not a surgical procedure?

Yep, yep, yep, I knew that wasn't Hope.

Wow, a lot of action in today's show.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, unless one holds a seance for Wayne Heffley, that's pretty unlikely, unfortunately!  😛

Ha! I actually read that earlier today. Hope he knows we invoked his name today, lol. 

• Love 3

I don't always carry my phone with me. I forget to do so, or it's charging, etc. However, at least one person should have had a working phone.

Rafe, you are stupid enough to fall for Gina pretending to be Hope. You have done it for over a year - even though you worked with her 8 or more hours per DAY. A simple clonk to the head on the sidewalk is not going to wipe out the chip.

Too bad you did not answer the phone, Kayla. Steve is not himself and you should figure that out - not caring about his kids, or anything.

I liked Hattie ordering Chad and Abs around the suite. Do wonder if it has a bathroom or anything.

Hope Eve gets a nice long apology letter and some reimbursement for her false arrest. How convenient for Jennifer to now remember it was 'Hope' who pushed her off the balcony.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked Hattie ordering Chad and Abs around the suite. Do wonder if it has a bathroom or anything.

Does the suite even have furniture other than that one stupid chair?  Of course it doesn't have a bathroom!  People are kept in locked rooms or cages for days with no bathroom. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Too bad you did not answer the phone, Kayla. Steve is not himself and you should figure that out - not caring about his kids, or anything.

Oh, that's a very good point, and one that I bet will come back to haunt Kayla. She'll be wracked with guilt that she could think Steve would ever disregard his children. Of course it'll be her fault. Oy. 

The whole phone thing was weird. These people live by their phones and devices. Hell, there's a whole plot revolving around Gabi's phone. 

• Love 6

That Steve painting gets around.

What time is it?  It looks like it's nighttime.  The test results came in in the middle of the night?

Uh, Justin, you have no business barging into a doctor's office when she might be in there with a patient.

Why didn't that former nun cross herself after her prayer?

• Love 4

So Kayla, when was the last time your darling Steve called you 'Woman'. Red flag.

I too wonder how that heavy painting gets around. Like a bad penny. You would think someone would take it to the police station or something.

At least Nicole talked about secrets and that they always come out.

Nice of Vic to call up Theresa to ask if Tate can be tested. Hey, why not. It is possible anyone can be a donor. Odd that Brady and Kristen were not. Unless of course Xander did the switch with the other girl born that night. That'll be one whopper of a secret to come out.

Ciara, the first place the cops will check out will be the gatehouse - unless Eli as the security head can clear the location. Maybe see if you can take the jet to someplace like, say, Prague.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice of Vic to call up Theresa to ask if Tate can be tested. Hey, why not. It is possible anyone can be a donor. Odd that Brady and Kristen were not. Unless of course Xander did the switch with the other girl born that night. That'll be one whopper of a secret to come out.

Ciara, the first place the cops will check out will be the gatehouse - unless Eli as the security head can clear the location. Maybe see if you can take the jet to someplace like, say, Prague.

It was nice of Victor to call Theresa, wasn't it?  Considering it's Victor, I thought he'd just have the little guy kidnapped.  I guess he's turning into an old softy in his old age.  

I would think the first place the police would look would be the gatehouse, too, but then I remembered this is Salem.  As Ciarra said, it's been "like a year" since they lived there and the cops would NEVER think of looking there.  Sadly, she's probably right.

I don't notice fashion much, but is that outfit Kristen has been running around in for what feels like two weeks now really very flattering?  To me, she looks like she got dressed out of a Goodwill donation bag she stole.

I was fully expecting Kristen's heartfelt prayer to God to be followed by her immediately jumping Brady's bones and her cackling maniacally.  Between their craziness and the intolerable smugness of Eric with Nicole and Ciara with Numbnuts, the air felt heavy with stupidity.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 2/11/2020 at 8:46 PM, Frozendiva said:

Rafe, you are stupid enough to fall for Gina pretending to be Hope. You have done it for over a year - even though you worked with her 8 or more hours per DAY. A simple clonk to the head on the sidewalk is not going to wipe out the chip.

The closed captioning actually said it was Hope, not Gina as Hope, so I even believed it for a sec.😏

44 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't notice fashion much, but is that outfit Kristen has been running around in for what feels like two weeks now really very flattering?  To me, she looks like she got dressed out of a Goodwill donation bag she stole.

It looked okay until she removed her coat!  The crazy thing is that I love the ensemble Abigail is wearing and I never like anything about her (though she is not so bad  this time around)>

Edited by bannana
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

To me, she looks like she got dressed out of a Goodwill donation bag she stole.

That's a good day. Some days, she looks like she just fell head-first into a dumpster and whatever she surfaced in when she came up for air was the look of the day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I only really like Kate’s style. Hope’s jewelry (a lot of times she’s wearing Van Cleef & Arpels necklaces which run 12-24 thousand dollars), I like how Lani does that half tuck of her shirts on her slim frame kinda a casual “model off duty” vibe, Eve/Nicole/Kristen when they wear fitted clothes or dresses look snappy since they are lanky... Eve and Nicole are tall and have legs for days. Claire used to dress real cute and I liked Chloe’s vampy style. Jennifer can look pretty and fresh but a lot of time and, this has been going on a decade, is styled so severe in her clothes hair and makeup. 

Stafano seemed low key interested in Kayla.

I completely buy WK portrayal and the writing of Justin still loving Adrienne and honoring her but also sincerely in love with Kayla. 

• Love 9

So I tried to watch today's episode but I got thrown off because apparently Abby never did anything to Gabi and Lani is blameless as well.  It turns out that Gabi's just a heartless sociopath who chose to go after all of these innocent women, including Julie.  Who knew, am I right?

I did love seeing Kayla tell of "Steve" and his annoyed reaction that she dared to epxress her opinion were awesome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I tried to watch today's episode but I got thrown off because apparently Abby never did anything to Gabi and Lani is blameless as well.  It turns out that Gabi's just a heartless sociopath who chose to go after all of these innocent women, including Julie.  Who knew, am I right?

I did love seeing Kayla tell of "Steve" and his annoyed reaction that she dared to epxress her opinion were awesome.

Yes, I did enjoy the hot-tempered Kayla telling off Stevino!   We got to see that spunkiness that Steve loved in Kayla...I think even 'Stefano" was intrigued by Kayla's passion.

• Love 10