Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Spoiler

JJ can't leave soon enough for me I mean I can't believe this is how his last scenes of the show are going to be stuck with Lani of all people.  

I know he'll probably have a scene with Doug and his parents before he goes but I would prefer to see that than him stuck in this for the next few days till then. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Because I don't know any of Steve and Kayla's back story, I just thought that it was funny that Kayla was venting to Stevano about all of the ways Steve has wronged her when Stefano doesn't really give a damn.  Knowing that there was some actual subtext to the scenes may have made them better when I was watching.   

Shawn's heartfelt plea to Hope and Gina flicking the tear off of her face was hilarious.  I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that Hope never comes back, because even with the silly accent I find Gina more entertaining.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I tried to watch today's episode but I got thrown off because apparently Abby never did anything to Gabi and Lani is blameless as well.  It turns out that Gabi's just a heartless sociopath who chose to go after all of these innocent women, including Julie.  Who knew, am I right?

I did love seeing Kayla tell of "Steve" and his annoyed reaction that she dared to epxress her opinion were awesome.

Yep it prison and a beating is so wonderful I would like for Princess Abigail to get some of that without another prisoner protecting her.

• Love 5

The high and mighty and pure as four day old plowed special snow that is Lani and Abs. They have never ever ever done anything in their lives to hurt Gabi, but she is a sociopath. Ladies both of you need to look in the mirror.

Lani, you are just mad because you didn't get your prince that you really didn't deserve. You could have exposed Gabi's stupid App at the wedding, and probably be surprised that it did not work. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. No use tearing in to JJ. He has been kind to let you stay at his place. Why didn't you move in with your dad and make him miserable.

JJ or someone will remember the DiMera tech dude - with the new pacemaker.

Gabi, Abs is not the most pleasant of folks and can certainly wash her hair to be presentable, but she did warn you about Stevano.

Stevano did seem to enjoy Kayla's company. Too bad she forgot her phone.

I did like Princess Gina brushing the one tear from her face. Oh yes, an international incident for a princess that has been dead for 20 years. Yup.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Stevano did seem to enjoy Kayla's company. Too bad she forgot her phone.

I saw that, too, and I wondered if Nichols just couldn't help himself or if it was a deliberate acting choice. Either way, I liked it! 

• Love 5

I know Kayla will eventually count up all the red flags. Come, on, Kay! (Also: Kayla, you know I love you, but the sheepdog bangs are doing you no favours.)

Did anyone else find it hilarious that as Gina Chipollina was making her dash away from Kate and Shut Up! Rafe, she uttered that carefree little "Ciao!"? It was just so … incongruous and chipper.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I saw that, too, and I wondered if Nichols just couldn't help himself or if it was a deliberate acting choice. Either way, I liked it! 

I don't know how long they're going to drag this crap out but I think we all know that eventually the real Steve will be back.  I think the actors are trying to show that no matter how deep he's buried, Steve will always be drawn to Kayla.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I don't know how long they're going to drag this crap out but I think we all know that eventually the real Steve will be back.  I think the actors are trying to show that no matter how deep he's buried, Steve will always be drawn to Kayla.  

I agree, @DaphneCat -- I think the actors are trying to signal to us that it will be worth it once they get past this stupid plot line, lol. 

• Love 9

"I look awful." No comment.

An outdoor wedding at night in the Midwest in February?  And where is this wedding?  isn't Horton Square roofed?

Man, Stacey looks hot in that exercise outfit.

Good job of hiding, Ciara and Ben, leaving the lights on in the gatehouse.

Why is Lani dressed like Carmen San Diego?

JJ standing next to Eli shows a huge disparity in their heights.

Shove it, Lani.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"I look awful." No comment.

Literally me lol.

isn't Horton Square roofed?

Not this again! Is it an indoor mall? Is it outside? We'll never know! But hopefully it's outside since they've had fireworks there.

I'm so confused: Is Abigail Gabi's maid of honor? It seems like it. That makes absolutely no sense, so it's probably true considering this show rarely makes much sense.

Fucking hell, I hate Lani. They need to get rid of her. She serves no purpose. And SS can not pull any of this off.

• Love 11

JJ's reaction to the nuptials where he looked like he was about to fall asleep really just summed it up for me in regards to.. everything about this show. 

I also don't buy that Chad wouldn't turn Ben in either I don't care how much Ciara begged and this show wonders why there are people who can't stand Cin.

Lani isn't remotely sympathetic or likeable same with Gabi for me and if this show allowed Eli to have any self respect he would escape both of them with the quickness.

It was nice to see Valerie again and I like her hairstyle.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

JJ's reaction to the nuptials where he looked like he was about to fall asleep really just summed it up for me in regards to.. everything about this show. 

I also don't buy that Chad wouldn't turn Ben in either I don't care how much Ciara begged and this show wonders why there are people who can't stand Cin.

Lani isn't remotely sympathetic or likeable same with Gabi for me and if this show allowed Eli to have any self respect he would escape both of them with the quickness.

It was nice to see Valerie again and I like her hairstyle.

JJ was right, no need to pay attention here.  EVERYBODY knew there was no way Lani was going to let this wedding happen.  And really Lani?  The nun suit?  What was the point of that since she's obviously going to have to tell people that she isn't really a nun?  Unless she thinks Eli wants to get back together with a nun.

And yes, Chad's willing to let Ben go because it's Valentine's Day?  We're supposed to believe that?

I agree about Lani being thoroughly unlikeable and, while I like Gabi, Eli really should dump her too.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And yes, Chad's willing to let Ben go because it's Valentine's Day?  We're supposed to believe that?

We'll just sweep that little incident under the rug. That silly moment when Ben beat Chad into a coma. Its just so absurd. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Gabi's dress may have been more elegant if it was longer - not the mini length. Egads, for a wedding. At least we do know her motivations regarding Julie. Lani, why? If you are supposed to be the heroine, act like one. You just seem mad that the 4 year old you did not get her way. You were free to call Gabi on her bluff and quietly tell Eli about the so-called pacemaker app.

Kristen looked good in her exercise wear. The actress works out quite a bit to get that muscle definition. Brady, why oh why do you always have an addiction to her?

Nice to see Valerie again.

Ben, it is likely that Chad will not turn you in to the cops. The fact is that you can't stay at the gatehouse or hide in the DiMera tunnels. People know those exist. Maybe he is being nice to you because it is Valentine's Day or he is going out and can't be bothered to wait for the cops to come.

JJ, you seemed to portray the average viewer's boredom with Gabi and Eli.

• Love 6

I was just about to post how little I care for Chad when his slimey wife is in his orbit....and then he had to deliver the line of year:

"Your father would be out of his mind if he'd heard what you just said." 

oprah winfrey yes GIF by Tony Awards

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 10

I thought Kristen looked terrible in her work out outfit. Too damn skinny, ropey, drawn out. Worse then when Hope was a "skeletor" back when.  I guess if you like the extreme "fit" look it works. She looked anorexic or sickly to me. Keep your clothes on although you can still tell she is exercise obsessed. 

• Love 2

Chad’s “it’s Valentines Day” explanation for not exposing Ben was all sorts of lazy writing. If my memory serves me correctly, the last time we saw Ben and Chad together they’d teamed up to find Ciara and Charlotte when Jordan had kidnapped them, so he could have referenced that as some kind of “I hate you but you helped out” tit for tat. Or he could have TOLD CIARA HER MOM WAS PRINCESS GINA and that, you know, maybe she other issues to deal with besides Ben. 

I’m so disappointed that it looks like Lani will “win”. It would have been so much better if Gabi had decided to let her scheming go when the pacemaker got changed. Then when Lani confronted her she could be all like “what damn app, are you cray cray?” After all, as far as she is aware, Lani is a nun and gone now, and therefore would have no idea that Julie’s pacemaker needed changing. So her insistence on getting control of the new one makes no damn sense anyway.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 10

Yeah, I was hoping for that outcome too. Gabi and Eli are actually a really hot couple and the actors seemed really comfortable with one another and both characters have their own personality and it works. So of course they're not going to go that way.

When the hell was the last time on this show at the black person had a successful long-term coupling with a non-black person? It's like it's some rule in the series bible the only couples that can stay together have to be the same ethnicity..

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, I was hoping for that outcome too. Gabi and Eli are actually a really hot couple and the actors seemed really comfortable with one another and both characters have their own personality and it works. So of course they're not going to go that way.

When the hell was the last time on this show at the black person had a successful long-term coupling with a non-black person? It's like it's some rule in the series bible the only couples that can stay together have to be the same ethnicity..

Its a soap rarely are there long term couplings anymore. 

I guess the last one was Theo/Claire(which I liked but can't see Theo with the current version of Claire) then there was JJ/Lani(one I try and forget for a variety of reasons)

• Love 1

I truly hated Abby’s cackle at Lani interrupting Gabi and Eli’s wedding. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2972e9a390913370e3d2

this is your much more tolerable and more attractive cousin whose anguish you are relishing. TRASH!

The entire conceit of storyline of the past ‘year’ was Eli was embarrassed at the alter in front of everyone yet they are consciously doing same again? Lani could have told him before her wedding to him. Or Lani or JJ privately before Gabi’s wedding to him. Julie could have had a new pacemaker a year ago. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I’m so disappointed that it looks like Lani will “win”. It would have been so much better if Gabi had decided to let her scheming go when the pacemaker got changed. Then when Lani confronted her she could be all like “what damn app, are you cray cray?” After all, as far as she is aware, Lani is a nun and gone now, and therefore would have no idea that Julie’s pacemaker needed changing. So her insistence on getting control of the new one makes no damn sense anyway.

This. That would have been a much better way to go. And we wouldn't have had to watch SS try to act what's currently happening lol.

7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

The entire conceit of storyline of the past ‘year’ was Eli was embarrassed at the alter in front of everyone yet they are consciously doing same again? Lani could have told him before her wedding to him. Or Lani or JJ privately before Gabi’s wedding to him. Julie could have had a new pacemaker a year ago. 

Also this. If Eli gets back with Lani after this than he's even dumber than I already thought he was.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I truly hated Abby’s cackle at Lani interrupting Gabi and Eli’s wedding. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2972e9a390913370e3d2

this is your much more tolerable and more attractive cousin whose anguish you are relishing. TRASH!

Good point, how hard would it have been to get Eli alone and ask him to check out Gabi's phone.  But no, Lani feels she needs to publicly embarrass him AGAIN, by letting the whole town know just how crappy his taste in women is.  

• Love 7

Lani is so bland and weak. I just don't care about her pain and as awful as Gabi has been, I find her to be more tolerable. People are allowed to treat her like shit and when she hits back she is slammed as the worst. Whatever happens I love the fact that Wilson has her back. That harridan Abby will once again win over Gabi. This pisses me off.. 

Gabi should have gotten rid of the app and continue to poison Eli against Lani.  Eli is beautiful but stupid.. I wish he had more depth as a character. Horton men don't fare well on this show.. Someone on here once said that Lucas and Eli should have bonded as cousins. It would have been cool to see..

Whatever happened to Julie's other grandson, you would think Eli being his half brother  and their father David dying would have been a  good reason for him to come back to town.. Another missed opportunity to beef up Horton males on the show...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10

I have said this for ages that Horton men are doomed on this show I'm glad others see it.

I find Gabi easier to take than than Lani but that doesn't say much either. They're both awful bitches to me.  Eli should escape both of them and find a real woman but he's not allowed to have any self respect apparently.

Spoiler

At least JJ will be free come Tuesday when he leaves at least I can imagine he has a good storyline offscreen.

Scotty (Julie's other grandson played by Rick Hearst) left town sometime in the 90s never to be seen or heard from again like a lot of other Horton males...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Thank God! This pacemaker SL is almost over! (Bonus; I don't have to put up with GabixEli anymore) 

Ciara is annoying with her endless Ben defending, but I did like the very true point she made. That Chad does/would do the same thing for his batshit significant other. (He doesn't even deny it lmao). Also I'm glad at least one person doesn't have selective memory when it comes to Abby's misdeeds. 

Me at the Kristen/Brady scenes:  🤮🤮🤮 🤮🤮🤮

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Scotty (Julie's other grandson played by Rick Hearst) left town sometime in the 90s never to be seen or heard from again like a lot of other Horton males...

But in this case, I kind of understand. Rick Hearst was a good actor, but Scotty was aged waaaaaaaaaaay too much, waaaaaaay too fast. When Scotty was on, I believe SSH/Julie was still only in her 40s, and her GRANDSON was suddenly in his 20s. It made no freaking sense. So she had her son at what, 2?

I think - even by very fluid soap standards - TPTB knew they had screwed up, and since Scotty was sort of a nonentity, it was easy to ship him off and forget about him. 

Of course, that whole debacle was repeated again with Nicholas Alamain, who was over-SORASed and THEN de-SORASED. What a freaking mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am trying to figure out what Gabi might be guilty of, as far as criminal charges, if she gets caught 🙄

Assault?  Attempted murder?  I think the latter would be pretty hard to prove.

12 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

But no, Lani feels she needs to publicly embarrass him AGAIN, by letting the whole town know just how crappy his taste in women is.  

What a truly stupid and horrible person she is.  Eli should never go back to her for this reason alone.  She could have told him when it first happened and she certainly shouldn't have blown up his life again by making him endure the almost wedding humiliation again.  This is not a woman who loves Eli.  She loves herself.  I am disappointed in JJ that he would go along with this.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

… I did like the very true point she made. That Chad does/would do the same thing for his batshit significant other. (He doesn't even deny it lmao).

That was the one part of the scene that made sense to me. Or at least what passes for sense on this show.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I am trying to figure out what Gabi might be guilty of, as far as criminal charges, if she gets caught 🙄

Assault?  Attempted murder?  I think the latter would be pretty hard to prove.

What a truly stupid and horrible person she is.  Eli should never go back to her for this reason alone.  She could have told him when it first happened and she certainly shouldn't have blown up his life again by making him endure the almost wedding humiliation again.  This is not a woman who loves Eli.  She loves herself.  I am disappointed in JJ that he would go along with this.

Because this is a soap, they are going to throw attempted murder around - even though they can't prove she ever did anything.

• Love 6

I really don’t like Abbys mental illness being an excuse for what Ben has done in the past.  Ciara has used that line more then once.  So if Ben is on the run.  How is he getting his meds ?  We have seen what happens when he does not take his meds.  Ciara is putting herself in danger.   And Chad your an idiot.   

• Love 7

Can I ask a question: Kristen accidentally killed Haley, but has faced absolutely no consequences for it. How the hell is that possible or even probable..?

I would think a nurse being pushed down the stairs, which is exactly how this has been framed by everyone, in the University Hospital would probably make the news and require an investigation. Seeing as how Kristen was the only suspect and she's a known psychopath and multiple attempted murderess, she would almost certainly have been arrested for it. And in the process of that investigation wouldn't they have discovered that the motive behind Kristen's freak out was the death of her child, and then go back and look over the paperwork regarding the death of said child, and probably discover some kind of discrepancy because the whole thing was wrong and faked? Wouldn't the doctor who identified Mickey as being dead have been brought in for questioning?

And wouldn't the fact that presumably former district attorney Melinda Trask is the mother of said murdered girl make it an even higher profile case?

Instead, all we have is Kristen murdering Hailey, no idea what happened in the immediate aftermath, and then her ending up in Europe as a nun hiding away and now being back in Salem free as a bird to attend a wedding in the very same town square where she threatened to shoot everybody....

Kristen would still have a defense of course. There were no witnesses so all Kristen would have to do is say that when she went into the stairwell, Haley had already fallen on her own. There would be no one to contradict her and from what I saw there weren't any security cameras in the stairwell anyway so the whole thing could have been written off as an innocent misunderstanding (at least by Kristen's lawyers). And yet in spite of this, everybody seems to know specifically that Kristen did in fact struggle with and push Haley. So...isn't Kristen the only person in the world who could have stated that? Do you mean to tell me she was actually honest about how it all went down? Why?! Wouldn't Kristen of all people shut her mouth and lie??

The whole thing just makes no sense.

There doesn't even seem to be any added security for the hospital staff. One would think in the aftermath of an employee being killed on the job, the hospital would have to take actions to protect their other employees....

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

The Bad Night didn't happen till Mother's Day.  Did WilSon make it to Costa Rica before then?

How does JJ know if she's lying or not?  He only knows what she told him.

Yes, Julie, please die.

I like to think he hopes its true so he can end this stupid storyline(or maybe I'm projecting)

This show has a fetish of nuns stripping into scantily clad clothing...

That being said Lani is a dumbass and Gabi is just terrible... Eli who I admit to not being that fond of I actually feel bad for because he really doesn't have a third option....

• Love 6
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

But in this case, I kind of understand. Rick Hearst was a good actor, but Scotty was aged waaaaaaaaaaay too much, waaaaaaay too fast. When Scotty was on, I believe SSH/Julie was still only in her 40s, and her GRANDSON was suddenly in his 20s. It made no freaking sense. So she had her son at what, 2?

I think - even by very fluid soap standards - TPTB knew they had screwed up, and since Scotty was sort of a nonentity, it was easy to ship him off and forget about him. 

Of course, that whole debacle was repeated again with Nicholas Alamain, who was over-SORASed and THEN de-SORASED. What a freaking mess.

They should've brought Rick Hearst on as someone else like a Nick Corelli recast instead of killing him off.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They should've brought Rick Hearst on as someone else like a Nick Corelli recast instead of killing him off.

Eh. George Jenesky gave a quality to Nick - the sleaze with a soft streak - that I think Rick Hearst was too polished to portray. Maybe some other Horton or Brady relative? Maybe HE could have been the first-older Max Brady.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That being said Lani is a dumbass and Gabi is just terrible... Eli who I admit to not being that fond of I actually feel bad for because he really doesn't have a third option....

His third option is to be single but he is a dummy that doesn't know any better.

• Love 9

Was that one of those annoying fake-out dream sequences?  I prefer Gabi as a town pariah but I was surprised that it went that far with her seemingly setting off Julie's diabolical pacemaker.  It seems like Gabi is smart enough not to try to kill someone in front of an audience.  

It did amuse me that Julie and Gabi went right back to hating each other without skipping a beat.  Peace and love be damned!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Was that one of those annoying fake-out dream sequences?  I prefer Gabi as a town pariah but I was surprised that it went that far with her seemingly setting off Julie's diabolical pacemaker.  It seems like Gabi is smart enough not to try to kill someone in front of an audience.  

It did amuse me that Julie and Gabi went right back to hating each other without skipping a beat.  Peace and love be damned!  

Julie and Gabi are two of a kind.  The only difference is Julie is the elite and Gabi is from the wrong side of the tracks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Julie and Gabi are two of a kind.  The only difference is Julie is the elite and Gabi is from the wrong side of the tracks.

THIS.  I don’t know Julie’s history but it seems like everyone in Salem has killed (or attempted to) someone. But their vindictiveness?  Two sides of the same coin.

Three days of catch-up: bold for skimmers

Waiting until the wedding:  Lani was praying about ‘going through with it’.  I think she went for the drama to force a confession.  Stupid.  Unrealistic.  But soap opera 101.  

But let’s talk about the important stuff:
Lani - The hat and coat had a cute vibe.  The dress?!?!  What the hell was THAT?  Black negligee parading around as a cocktail dress.  I know we’ve seen the see-thru corset look in high fashion but it was just not the right look.  She’s the aggrieved party.  WHY dress like the ‘scarlet woman’ if she’s trying to get sympathy.  And the slit in the back?  Nope.

ITA, someone has a fetish for stripping nuns.

SSH: woah, tone it down honey.  

Gabi: I BELIEVE YOU have come to love Julie & Eli.  I’m not happy with you leaving Stephan’s necklace behind — too soon.   And then you go full-on Mad Queen.  You are way too easily provoked.  You were standing in front of a crowd and you are just going to KILL JULIE IN PUBLIC?  Rafe (Rafe!) actually was making sense: “Think of Arianna”.  Now, I will confess, Julie shrieking at you IS pretty compelling.  She needed to hush (no sense of self-preservation on Julie’s part!).  But nope.  You just made the DA’s case with a handful of witnesses.  You confessed to controlling Julie’s heart and you clearly intend to kill her by using your phone.
TECHNICAL NOTE: The phone has ALL the evidence the DA needs.  Records of getting data.  Records of commands sent, records of you racing Julie’s heart.  You are toast Gabi.

Eli: Single malt scotch.  Just you, a bottle, and a gallon of chocolate fudge ice cream.  I think that’s your best option for a while.  You’re young.  Run it off in the morning.  You have been wronged on SO MANY LEVELS.  

Ben/Ciara/Chad-
I know they are trying to make them the new “Bo/Hope” but Chad was right, her father is rolling in his grave.  I think Chad has made his peace with Ben (in his mind) or he wouldn’t have had him in the gatehouse.  I don’t think he will ever be friends with Ben but I can see, after the Gabby incident, that it’s hypocritical to ignore his wife murdering his brother because of a mental condition and still hold Ben culpable when he was mentally ill.  NOT THAT THIS IS RIGHT.  I’m just saying there’s a consistency there.  And Ciara’s point that he would protect Abby was the right argument.  

Biggest WTF: Abigail was the MATRON OF HONOR??????  Seriously? Gabi’s past mortal enemy helps out? And Gabi, you’re life sucks if you have literally no one else to stand up for you.  They should have gone with paid helpers and Arianna (except Ari’s presence would have stopped Gabi from initiating the kill command).

Wilson: A distraction.  Which is sad.  Because it was a good storyline but it can’t compete with a Salem wedding.  I literally FF through it and then went back to watch it separately.  That was a better approach.  Wilson FTW!

Bristen: Someone needs to put saltpeter in Brady’s coffee.  I swear, he’s a sex addict for Kristen.  And Kristen, eat a sandwich.  With mayo.

Thurs: I hope Kayla grabs Stevano’s testes and crushes them while she tells him to STFU.  I don’t care if he’s wearing the Steve-suit.  He needs to feel crippling pain.  Seriously, he’s got a bullet wound.  Tell him you’re giving him an antibiotic, drug his ass and go check on Justin.  You COULD just walk out of the room but I kind of like the notion of Kayla laughing at him as he falls asleep.  And I want Steveno out of commission.   

Shawn/Gina: Non compos mentis. You’ve got a dozen witnesses that know she’s been claiming to be Hope Brady and now claiming to be Gina.  Get Justin to file an order and get a psych evaluation.  A non-invasive medical examine will find the neck scar for the implant.  THEN get an order to MRI her butt.  Problem solved.  BUT, if YOU think you’ve got 72 hrs to solve it, by all means, move it along.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They killed Nick off because they were done with the character.  There's no reason why the show would hire an early 20's nobody (I love him but he didn't really become a hot commodity until he played *le sigh* Alan-Michael Spaulding on GL) to replace a pushing-40s actor/character who they were more or less done with. 

They weren't trying to find a role for the actor; they were trying to find an actor for the role. Rick Hearst or not, a 20-something Scottie Banning was coming.

33 minutes ago, SueB said:

Lani - The hat and coat had a cute vibe.  The dress?!?!  What the hell was THAT?  Black negligee parading around as a cocktail dress.  

This story is a big reason I'm not watching (plus not much Jack and Jennifer).  And I will give Ron some slack in that some things are out of his hands when it comes to casting and story interference but this right there feels like he's going for big soapy moments but forgets why the originals were so iconic.  Yes, seeing a woman surprise in a drop dead sexy dress could be gasp inducing but usually the moment made sense.  This comes off as Lani caring more about making a big statement in front of Gabi than Eli's happiness or Julie's health.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They killed Nick off because they were done with the character.  There's no reason why the show would hire an early 20's nobody (I love him but he didn't really become a hot commodity until he played *le sigh* Alan-Michael Spaulding on GL) to replace a pushing-40s actor/character who they were more or less done with. 

They weren't trying to find a role for the actor; they were trying to find an actor for the role. Rick Hearst or not, a 20-something Scottie Banning was coming.

This story is a big reason I'm not watching (plus not much Jack and Jennifer).  And I will give Ron some slack in that some things are out of his hands when it comes to casting and story interference but this right there feels like he's going for big soapy moments but forgets why the originals were so iconic.  Yes, seeing a woman surprise in a drop dead sexy dress could be gasp inducing but usually the moment made sense.  This comes off as Lani caring more about making a big statement in front of Gabi than Eli's happiness or Julie's health.

Bingo.   It undercut Lani’s character — unless they were going for a pun on ‘revealing’.  *rimshot* ... I’ll show myself out now....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1