Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Today's show had some good Drama!  Ciara bonking Rafe on the head with the baseball bat was crazy!  Sonny yelling & crying at Gabi was terrific(Freddie Smith being more animated than he usually is), Gabi aware of what is going to happen to Arianna(Camilla Banus is terrific, even tho her character has done terrible things, I feel sorry for Gabi), the prison scene with Will & Maggie was intense & then Victor shows up & gives the "Evil Eye" to Will.  Kristen & Nicole had a face to face chat that was making me laugh.  Sarah so happy at the news of a Match & she's hugging Xander & Eric gives the "Evil Eye".   I like the new Prosecuting Attorney guy, I guess he is taking Melinda Trask's place.  And then Ben shows up! And then Sarah says "You will never guess who the Donor is"....I cant wait for tomorrow! 🙂

• Love 15

Gabi still has on remorse, she's blaming Lani still and trying to defend her attempting to murder Julie. She's crazy. 

Arinna is going to be so messed up when she's older. Sonny is right, she could care less. She gave the whole what about Arianna will suffer speech when she should have been sent to jail last time and Abby gave in. Gabi made no attempt to change herself, it's just everyone letting her get away with her crimes and we don't have the mental illness excuse with her. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, boes said:

Ben and Ciara's lub is so deep and so special that I hope the police recognize that and send Ciara to jail with Ben, they deserve to be together.  Maybe they can get a Last Meal for Two?  A final Happy Meal, and supersize it!

I do like how Ciara carefully chose her words when she said, "I'm not going to let you be executed for a murder YOU DIDN'T DO".  Unlike the three and attempted fourth he did do, huh?  

Fast Forward is a wonderful invention.

How thrilling it must be for Theresa to hear that Brady is back together with the woman who stole her fetus and tried to raise it as her own?  Have they decided exactly what Tate should call her?  Auntie Incubator? Psycho Granny?  Krazy Kristen?  I think it's going to be a little tougher to blend this family together than most.

After the truth comes out, I hope Brady dumps Victor out of his wheelchair and lets him flail around like a turtle on it's back.  

Victor will just fire Xander and make Brady CEO and all will be well.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Gabi still has on remorse, she's blaming Lani still and trying to defend her attempting to murder Julie. She's crazy. 

Arinna is going to be so messed up when she's older. Sonny is right, she could care less. She gave the whole what about Arianna will suffer speech when she should have been sent to jail last time and Abby gave in. Gabi made no attempt to change herself, it's just everyone letting her get away with her crimes and we don't have the mental illness excuse with her. 

I disagree.  Last time Abigail gave her the break she deserved because Gabi served what should be Abigail's time in prison,.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Gabi is the mother of her great-grandchild. Although, Sami being the mother of her grandchild never got her any Kate-love.

Kate did not seem to have anything against Sami as long as she was not with any of her perfect children.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Meanwhile Will is in prison and knows that he is innocent but he isn't telling anyone as he sits there knowing that Ari may have two of her parents behind bars for most of her childhood.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And can I sit on the Gabi bench with you?  I know we're supposed to think she's EVIL but at least she's amusing.  And she owns her shit.

She does?

I'm seeing an awful lot of whining from her these last few days. It's not fair! I don't hate her, but I don't feel bad for her either.

She's gonna get off anyway.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Victor will just fire Xander and make Brady CEO and all will be well.

I disagree.  Last time Abigail gave her the break she deserved because Gabi served what should be Abigail's time in prison,.

Stefan is the one who set her going to prison in motion, he framed her.  He's the reason she's barren, a fact she brings up continuously when her schemes are found out.  He never went to jail either.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder who the chief of police, DA, and mayor are.

Abe is mayor. The chief of police is Hope. The DA is that new dude we just saw earlier today. 

When Hope is deGinaized she will be Chief and Ben and C will be cadets. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Abe is mayor. The chief of police is Hope. The DA is that new dude we just saw earlier today. 

When Hope is deGinaized she will be Chief and Ben and C will be cadets. 

Rafe mentioned today to Ciara that she "hit the chief of police."  Presumably this happened after they discovered Hope was batshit crazy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ben also tried to kill Marlena and almost killed Chad even if the show likes to forget about those incidents as if they were nothing. You would think that he was a Horton Princess.

He is the next best thing since he is banging a Horton.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So Alice and BOllie have at least one thing in common? ;)

Edited to add: It never made sense to me that Gabi should fall for the guy who engineered sending her to prison.

Edited by Sandman
40 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Stefan is the one who set her going to prison in motion, he framed her.  He's the reason she's barren, a fact she brings up continuously when her schemes are found out.  He never went to jail either.

I hate Stefan but he had help in the framing.  Horton princess was more than eager to help him.

45 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

She does?

I'm seeing an awful lot of whining from her these last few days. It's not fair! I don't hate her, but I don't feel bad for her either.

Yes she should get off just like the Horton princess that framed her got off.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gabi made no attempt to change herself, it's just everyone letting her get away with her crimes and we don't have the mental illness excuse with her. 

Just wait, they'll give her a mental illness too like they did Abigail and Ben. They surprisingly didn't give Kristen one to explain her crimes away though so maybe Gabi won't get one. I guess it's kind of 50/50 or whether or not they give you a mental illness to explain away the shit you've done lol.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile Will is in prison and knows that he is innocent but he isn't telling anyone as he sits there knowing that Ari may have two of her parents behind bars for most of her childhood.

Will probably doesn't remember Arianna is his daughter lol.

1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

Exactly. Everyone does. Ben, Kristen, and Abigail have done worse and they're free so there's no reason for Gabi to pay for her crimes.

• Love 8

2 hours ago, ihavenoidea said:

Exactly, it's Lani had to pay for murdering him and how she went to jail for 1 crime she didn't commit. Yet it was Stefan who put her there. 

Gabi take no responsibility over the fact she is a  convicted cold blooded killer, who shot someone in the back. She was released on probation, never finished her time.  She got off on everything she's done to Julie and Abby. Even Melanie being kidnapped and  blowing up the town over the fake stalker.

• Love 9

You just kinda have to get over the fact that people never pay for their crimes tbh because none of them ever do. It's a current day soap, it's never gonna happen apparently.

It's still hard for me with Ben though. I mean the man was a fucking serial killer! I know they did the mental illness thing but they didn't really explain it enough for it to work. Just saying, "He has a metal illness!" isn't enough. They put no effort into it but they never do. Though, if I'm being honest, if I liked Ben more I probably wouldn't care lol.

But the problem always comes when they try to make people who've done heinous shit into heroes/saints that everyone has to love and root for. That's what they've done with Abigail and Ben. And what they seem like they might be doing with Kristen but they haven't fully gone there yet. They haven't done that with Gabi imo. They allow her to be seen as a flawed/even bad person and that makes it easier to take imo.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, SueB said:

Hey... I GOT IT.  When JJ comes back from Africa he should move out to California and he and Theresa can hook up.  THAT would be good for both of them.  He's not exactly stable but he can recover again.  Further, he's genuinely a good guy and they have amazing chemistry. Plus they need EMTs everywhere. Yes.  This is my new wish.  

Hard pass unlike others I don't hate JJ enough to want him with that kunt. He deserves someone that wants him and isn't obsessed with someone else. Plus despite being a decade younger he's too mature for her.

My goodness why can't he find someone else and have a life of his own rather than be stuck with someone else's baggage. 

He is a good guy who she will walk all over and never love and respect. Theresa needs someone who's more manly and won't be her doormat which is what will happen to JJ. He's his generation's Lucas. That's not a compliment. 

I rather they just don't mention him so they don't ruin the character anymore than they have.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Exactly, it's Lani had to pay for murdering him and how she went to jail for 1 crime she didn't commit. Yet it was Stefan who put her there. 

Gabi take no responsibility over the fact she is a  convicted cold blooded killer, who shot someone in the back. She was released on probation, never finished her time.  She got off on everything she's done to Julie and Abby. Even Melanie being kidnapped and  blowing up the town over the fake stalker.

So Gabi should be fine with Nick raping her daily and as for reporting him to the police no go since the Hortons own the police.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

You just kinda have to get over the fact that people never pay for their crimes tbh because none of them ever do. It's a current day soap, it's never gonna happen apparently.

It's still hard for me with Ben though. I mean the man was a fucking serial killer! I know they did the mental illness thing but they didn't really explain it enough for it to work. Just saying, "He has a metal illness!" isn't enough. They put no effort into it but they never do. Though, if I'm being honest, if I liked Ben more I probably wouldn't care lol.

But the problem always comes when they try to make people who've done heinous shit into heroes/saints that everyone has to love and root for. That's what they've done with Abigail and Ben. And what they seem like they might be doing with Kristen but they haven't fully gone there yet. They haven't done that with Gabi imo. They allow her to be seen as a flawed/even bad person and that makes it easier to take imo.

IA Gabi is pretty much getting the Sami treatment 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gabi take no responsibility over the fact she is a  convicted cold blooded killer, who shot someone in the back. 

I'm good with Gabi shooting that psycho rapist Nick in the back or anywhere else, for that matter.

Leave it to Julie to canonize a relative who tortured her other relatives.....she's such a dear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

So Gabi should be fine with Nick raping her daily and as for reporting him to the police no go since the Hortons own the police.

When did he rape her daily?  She was involved in their schemes, had no problems trying to pass Arianna off as his instead of Will and that truth only came out because of Chad outing her. 

He did try to attack her and she tried to kill him back and hid the body story. But when she shot him in the back, he was walking away from her. He wasn't even facing her. Shooting someone in the back, wasn't even self defense. It was just murder. 

• Love 5

Maybe this show should just be renamed "So Many Lowlifes, So Little Time."

Hi, Xander. Congratulations, for once you weren't the biggest degenerate loser in the episode!

Aww, Ben coming in to rescue his love! AUDIENCE DON'T YOU LOVE HIM NOW?! Speaking for myself - HELL NO.

Ciara, after bashing in Rafe's head, and only after the fact expressing any concern she may have killed him (no concern for any brain damage but that just makes sense because, hey, it's Rafe) and then gets snippy with him because no one informed her of her mother's predicament? Hey, entitled princess, that's what happens when you're breaking your serial killer boyfriend out of jail and not checking your messages!

Victor has the gall to meander into jail and give Will some guilt trip after stealing a year of his life and destroying his great-nephew's entire family! I don't care how old and frail he is, Will should have hauled off and slugged him.

Novel idea but maybe they should spin DOOL and GH off and just stick Brady/Kristen and Sonny/Carly on the spin-off. I wonder which couple could out-smug and out-hypocrite the other?

hate Xander but it's ridiculous Brady threw some snarky line at him about blowing up power plants. Didn't Xander blow up that power plant on the orders of the sociopath you're oh-so-happily fucking? Wait oh-so-happily fucking and telling her victims and other people who have a right to hate her (like her rape victim) how they need to back off and treat HER with respect. Oh, that Brady he's so chivalrous, that fucker of sociopaths.

I was so glad when Nicole threw it back in Kristen's face when she dared to demand an apology. But I hated that it looked like it got to Nicole when Kristen used her "dead" daughter to try to guilt her. Nicole still shouldn't feel guilty. And, it was a weird moment to me because I think Kristen should know Nicole's history - I'm not sure Nicole has actually given birth to a child that died - but she's had multiple miscarriages so she does know that pain. I wish she'd brought that up.

I'll save the biggest loser Gabi for later.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

It was practically orgasmic having Sonny properly reading Gabi for filth. He had every right to call her out on her selfishness and her disgusting behavior, but of course with Gabi, it went in one selfish earhole and out the other. Instead, she sniped at him and whined that she did love her daughter. Words are great, but actions are better. Not for once during this whole scheme did she think "hey maybe it might not be a good thing to blow up the heart of someone my daughter loves." Not once did she stop and think of how it would affect Arianna considering one of her parents was already in jail (and she was getting bullied over it.) I was so glad that prosecutor (I kind of like him and hope he throws the book at all the lowlifes in town) reminded her when she whined about missing most of her daughter's life that she shouldn't have done the crime if she didn't want to do the time. She already got away with her crimes after her revenge against Abby plan went bust. Maybe she could have learned from that, but her wants and need for revenge came before any thought to her daughter who she always tries to use as a shield. Speaking of, has CB had one scene with the new Arianna? When was the last time she was on-screen?

Gabi owns her shit? In what episode this week has she owned what she's done? In Monday (or maybe it was Tuesday's) episode, she actually whined about how she was the true victim and it wasn't her fault. Today, she pouted how it was no fair and took no responsibility for what she did or had any remorse. She likes to act like a smug badass when she's lording it over her victims, then as soon as she's caught out come the crocodile tears. Gabi's playbook when she gets caught after her revenge plots is to whine about being a victim.  She may have had some cause to act like a victim given what "Gabby" did to her, but she is not a victim here. In the show's timeline it's been close to a year and a half and she still doesn't understand how guns and bullets work. Here's a refresher course - bullets go in guns, when a gun gets fired the bullet that comes out will cause death to any dumbass who runs in front of said bullet. Said dumbass is to blame for their own death. She's still acting like Lani purposefully shot Stefan. Then she tries to pretend that she's really sorry to the people who she pretended to care about - JJ and Chad last time, Eli this time. Never mind that - other than few solo scenes acting guilty - she was gleeful in her plans and didn't care about the pain she was causing Chad. She was happy and smiling when she told Lani to tear Eli's heart out publicly but then wanted to whine to him that she loved him. Then she also uses her daughter, - to try and get sympathy and to try and get out of paying. "You can't arrest me, I'm a mother!" Gabi may own being a bitch, but doesn't own her behavior.

• Love 10

A ten year prison time? Most of Salem has done far worse and served maybe a few months in jail.

I enjoyed Ciara clonking Rafe on the head - hope he didn't get a concussion. However, it was a stupid thing to do and who knows if her mom who isn't really her mom will do anything to help her. She could be charged. Is Rafe the chief of police or acting commissioner or what? Awww, Ben did the right thing in turning himself in. Maybe no one picked him up as a hitch-hiker.

Sonny, you had every reason to call out Gabi on her actions - she put her little girl in jeopardy once again.

Will, you should have given it to Victor.

How convenient that Maggie is now getting her memory back.

Who can the match be if not Theresa or Tate?

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Not for once during this whole scheme did she think "hey maybe it might not be a good thing to blow up the heart of someone my daughter loves."

Arianna loves Julie? Since when. The woman has badmouthed Ari's mother since she was a baby and has no filter when it comes to Gabi.

As for the rest probably true. But I don't hate her or love to hate her. I like her a lot and she hates the same characters that I do, so her revenge plans while ineffective as she always gets caught and no one dies (looking at you Abby and Julie), are just normal soap villain fare.

The worse thing for me in a soap opera character is not being evil. It's being passive and doing nothing for months on end. Looking at you Will.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

hate Xander but it's ridiculous Brady threw some snarky line at him about blowing up power plants. Didn't Xander blow up that power plant on the orders of the sociopath you're oh-so-happily fucking

Nope. That was a (welcomed, considering how long ago it was) reference to when he, Clyde and Orpheus busted out of prison together, aka, The Siege storyline. Xander blew up power plants, held Joey and Claire hostage and attacked Theresa on her wedding day. Someone (Clyde?) also strapped a bomb onto Jennifer in the Brady Pub. It was awesome.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Maybe this show should just be renamed "So Many Lowlifes, So Little Time."

Hi, Xander. Congratulations, for once you weren't the biggest degenerate loser in the episode!

Aww, Ben coming in to rescue his love! AUDIENCE DON'T YOU LOVE HIM NOW?! Speaking for myself - HELL NO.

Ciara, after bashing in Rafe's head, and only after the fact expressing any concern she may have killed him (no concern for any brain damage but that just makes sense because, hey, it's Rafe) and then gets snippy with him because no one informed her of her mother's predicament? Hey, entitled princess, that's what happens when you're breaking your serial killer boyfriend out of jail and not checking your messages!

Victor has the gall to meander into jail and give Will some guilt trip after stealing a year of his life and destroying his great-nephew's entire family! I don't care how old and frail he is, Will should have hauled off and slugged him.

Novel idea but maybe they should spin DOOL and GH off and just stick Brady/Kristen and Sonny/Carly on the spin-off. I wonder which couple could out-smug and out-hypocrite the other?

hate Xander but it's ridiculous Brady threw some snarky line at him about blowing up power plants. Didn't Xander blow up that power plant on the orders of the sociopath you're oh-so-happily fucking? Wait oh-so-happily fucking and telling her victims and other people who have a right to hate her (like her rape victim) how they need to back off and treat HER with respect. Oh, that Brady he's so chivalrous, that fucker of sociopaths.

I was so glad when Nicole threw it back in Kristen's face when she dared to demand an apology. But I hated that it looked like it got to Nicole when Kristen used her "dead" daughter to try to guilt her. Nicole still shouldn't feel guilty. And, it was a weird moment to me because I think Kristen should know Nicole's history - I'm not sure Nicole has actually given birth to a child that died - but she's had multiple miscarriages so she does know that pain.

I'll save the biggest loser Gabi for later.

You hit the highlights!  

I've got nothing to add except that I thought Nicole looked great today.   And, could Victor's pants have been any higher?  They were practically up to his armpits.  Ohsosexy, lucky Maggie.  She might enjoy some time away from him, even in prison.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Arianna loves Julie? Since when. The woman has badmouthed Ari's mother since she was a baby and has no filter when it comes to Gabi.

As for the rest probably true. But I don't hate her or love to hate her. I like her a lot and she hates the same characters that I do, so her revenge plans while ineffective as she always gets caught and no one dies (looking at you Abby and Julie), are just normal soap villain fare.

The worse thing for me in a soap opera character is not being evil. It's being passive and doing nothing for months on end. Looking at you Will.

Arianna's a Horton, so she and Julie are family. I think Will and Sonny stated when they were trying to convince Gabi to give Stefan's heart to Julie that Ari loved her and Sonny said it as well today. I don't know if Ari and Julie have had any scenes but, like I said, I don't know if Gabi has had any recent scenes with her daughter either (too busy scheming.) I also don't know if Julie has ever bad-mouthed Gabi in front of Ari, so who knows if she knows of the bad blood between Julie and Gabi.

I don't call attempting to blow up someone's heart standard soap villain fare, but technology is more advanced these days. And I also don't put it in the plus column for Gabi that her attempt to murder to Julie was unsuccessful just because someone outsmarted her. She didn't stop because she grew a conscience, she was just thwarted. And, it may not have been part of a revenge plot, and it may have been somewhat justified, but she has her own body count so she's no better than Abby or Julie (I don't know Julie's history. What innocent person did she attempt to/successfully kill?) Also, all soap villains plots are ineffective if you're judging by whether they get caught because they all get caught sooner or later.

Boring/passive characters are too boring for me to hate. I don't really consider Will being passive a hate-able trait and he's one of my favorites. I do consider being evil a lot more hate worthy. Being an unrepentant rapist, serial killer, attempted murderer, a child molester, someone who drugs pregnant women are all things I find a lot worse than passivity. I don't  like or love to hate soap villains, generally speaking, I just hate them.

18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nope. That was a (welcomed, considering how long ago it was) reference to when he, Clyde and Orpheus busted out of prison together, aka, The Siege storyline. Xander blew up power plants, held Joey and Claire hostage and attacked Theresa on her wedding day. Someone (Clyde?) also strapped a bomb onto Jennifer in the Brady Pub. It was awesome.

Oh, ok. Didn't see that storyline.  I did think the place where Nicole "died" was a warehouse, not a power plant but I didn't know if the show was just messing up their own history.

• Love 3

Ciara is riding my last nerve.  They want us to see her as a heroine but she’s entitled, foolish, and self-absorbed.   Rafe should have thrown her in jail to scare her butt at a minimum.  Good on Ben turning himself in.  It’s at least a modicum of responsibility. But you KNOW they are going to take Ben to the chair and have a last minute save.  DRAAAAAMA.  

Victor, why didn’t you sell Maggie on ‘Sarah needs you’ when you walked in? If Maggie wasn’t suspicious before, she will be now.  Honestly, I think Will WAS going to tell her until Victor interrupted him.  But I think Victor’s line about Will confessed and he was only preventing a DUI is a good lie.  It won’t work but it’s a good lie. But Maggie’s clearly facing her memories now.  Good start.  

Go Sonny!   This is the best acting I’ve seen from Freddie.  He had every right day what he did.  I didn’t enjoy Gabi’s pain but I was glad Sonny was outraged on behalf of Ari.  Ari needs a champion.  

I LOVED snark-master Nicole with Kristin.  And her friendship chemistry with Brady is really enjoyable.  

I’m glad they found a donor.  Enjoy those cuddles and kisses Xander.  I think they will end soon.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Didn't see that storyline.  I did think the place where Nicole "died" was a warehouse, not a power plant but I didn't know if the show was just messing up their own history.

No, no 🙂 The Nicole "death" at the warehouse where Kristen brought people back to life was later on, well after The Seige. Xander did force Nicole to marry him then, but he had nothing to do with the place going up in flames.

Basically after jail breaking and blowing up power plants, etc, Deimos offered Xander a deal where he'd be snuck off to Greece and avoid being carted back to prison. He had to pretend to "kidnap" Nicole and baby Holly so Demios could look like her hero. (In the process he shot Brady through Daniel's heart, which later healed). 

The short version is Xander has been in and out of prisons around the world a couple of times, but the power plants happened back when Theresa was going to marry Brady, and the warehouse business where Nicole died was well after Brady was with Nicole, and forced her to leave town and stay away from Eric because she betrayed him.

I really loved the scenes between Sonny and Gabi today, probably more from an acting standpoint than anything. Both of them really brought it and it was so refreshing to see someone giving someone else crap in such an honest way. How I wish we had gotten a scene like this between JJ and Abigail back when her multiple personality disorder was revealed and JJ realized what Abigail had put Gabi through in prison.

You can tell how much Sonny loves Gabi and Ari when he rips into her like that, and you can see how lost Gabi is trying to make it seem like she is blameless over the whole stupid revenge plan. But that's just the point - the revenge plan was completely stupid and that's on the writers. I don't believe for a second that Gabi would really try to kill Julie or use that threat to force Lani not to marry Eli. This whole app business was stupid from the get-go and I don't see a Gabi as a villainess. I just think Ron is writing Gabi the way Sami was written in the mid-90s. Sami was a total bitch on wheels as a teen because she constantly felt second best next to Carrie, and that attitude allowed the writers to have her do some pretty crazy things. I think Gabi is being treated much the way Sami would be if Ron had the chance to write for her now. I also think that this is being done to prop up Lani, who's supposed to be an interesting good girl but obviously isn't.

I totally believe that Gabi loves her daughter even though the show won't let them have a scene together. I totally believe that Gabi thought of nothing but her the whole last time she was in prison. I'm really disappointed in the writers for not having Gabi get out of jail, spend all of her energy trying to make things up to poor confused Ari, and then put Stefan's nuts in a vice and neuter him personally. THAT'S The Gabi I know and love. They can try to write her as a villain, and try to write Ben as some maligned saint but it's all BS to me.

And I ESPECIALLY hate that my auto correct doesn't understand how they want me to spell either of these three ladies names, forcing me to constantly re-edit my posts. It was especially tedious when Abigail was impersonating her friend.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

Will is an idiot. I would not spend a day in prison for anyone if I were innocent. Sorry, but Maggie needs to pay the piper. She is no more special than anyone else. Tough shit Mags.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They can try to write her as a villain, and try to write Ben as some maligned saint but it's all BS to me.

Well, it might be BS, but that's exactly where the writers are going with these characters. lol

Sonny stood there berating her on how she keeps risking losing her daughter over and over again, and her only defense is that Lani had to pay.

And Ciara's self-centered ass stood there begging the man that Ben framed for murder, and tried to roast alive, to hide him and risk going to jail because we have to see him as the VICTIM. Yeah, it's pretty much written in stone the direction they want to take these characters. 😄

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Will is an idiot. I would not spend a day in prison for anyone if I were innocent. Sorry, but Maggie needs to pay the piper. She is no more special than anyone else. Tough shit Mags.

It would make sense if he did it for Ari(and would be a nice use of history since that's exactly what Lucas did for Will) or Kate even because he loves his grandmother but Will/Maggie don't have much of a relationship for him to go through all this for her. I don't hate Maggie like other people but this is just stupid.

12 hours ago, SueB said:

I LOVED snark-master Nicole with Kristin.  And her friendship chemistry with Brady is really enjoyable.  

This truly is the only time I enjoy Nicole these days since I know she's stuck with Eric at least they didn't completely kill this side of her off. I can deal with her being with Eric if she can retain her bite like this in some capacity and not be watered down like so many other bad girls when they get with "good guys"

• Love 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think Gabi is being treated much the way Sami would be if Ron had the chance to write for her now.

I hated Sami back then too (it didn't help that the Sami keeping Will from Lucas was happening around the same time as the similar Carly/Michael/AJ storyline on GH and I hated both Sami and Carly. I still loathe Carly and can take or leave Sami depending on who she's in a scene with.) It wouldn't have changed my feelings about Sami, but I shudder to think how much worse it would have been if Carlivati was writing Sami back then.

30 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It would make sense if he did it for Ari(and would be a nice use of history since that's exactly what Lucas did for Will) or Kate even because he loves his grandmother but Will/Maggie don't have much of a relationship for him to go through all this for her. I don't hate Maggie like other people but this is just stupid.

I'm not sure how close Maggie/Will are but Lucas/Maggie are close, so for that reason alone I do buy Will caring about what happens to Maggie. On the one hand, I am glad that Will is a good person and he's not just overjoyed that he gets to get out of prison and someone he cares about will be replacing him. Still, I don't buy that he'd actually stay in prison for her especially when he found out Gabi was likely going to prison and what that would do to Arianna.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

'm not sure how close Maggie/Will are but Lucas/Maggie are close, so for that reason alone I do buy Will caring about what happens to Maggie.

I agree, they're family. Will is doing and sacrificing himself for his aunt. Who is a Horton, he's a Horton. It's not him being vengeful and murderous of for revenge and not caring about Ari. He's doing something selfless for another member of their family.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, ihavenoidea said:

Yes, then she vowed to destroy him by sexing him into oblivion.   and to her surprise   he unleashed several devastating performances in the sack,  which prompted Gabi  to then end up regarding this flop character as the love of her life.  

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Hasn't it been that way for a while now.  I mean MAGGIE married VICTOR KIRIAKIS!!!    He was "e-vil" back in the day.  And now he's Maggie Horton's husband.    So if a Horton can marry a mob boss, or whatever he was back in the day, no wonder a Brady can fall for a "redeemed" serial killer.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Hasn't it been that way for a while now.  I mean MAGGIE married VICTOR KIRIAKIS!!!    He was "e-vil" back in the day.  And now he's Maggie Horton's husband.    So if a Horton can marry a mob boss, or whatever he was back in the day, no wonder a Brady can fall for a "redeemed" serial killer.

Ciara is a Horton too...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She really did. Her hair looks so much better when it's just a bit longer like it is now.

Very beautiful woman but her character is starting to become played out.  

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why is Theresa not called Jeanne? I remember her being born and took me a while to realize this was the same girl

The explanation was Jeannie is using her middle name. But since we never heard it (I think?), I still call BS. The current writers probably just didn't like the name and wanted to change it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The explanation was Jeannie is using her middle name. But since we never heard it (I think?), I still call BS. The current writers probably just didn't like the name and wanted to change it.

I don't recall hearing it when she was born back in the day myself. 

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't think Jeannie had a middle name due to the turmoil surrounding her birth and her paternity. Jeannie was supposed to be a stillborn birth and the writers were forced to change course. So, Jeannie was always an afterthought in comparison to the other legacy children born at the time. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't think Jeannie had a middle name due to the turmoil surrounding her birth and her paternity. Jeannie was supposed to be a stillborn birth and the writers were forced to change course. So, Jeannie was always an afterthought in comparison to the other legacy children born at the time. 

Both of Shane/Kim's kids were considered afterthoughts by this show although at least they tried to write for Theresa the actress chose to leave.  

They could've always brought back Andrew Donovan instead of creating all these retcon characters and tied them to people on the show so they could be relevant when you have all these other characters who we saw born on this show that could be used instead.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

She thought the name Jeannie was too hokey or “old” for her personality and image. 

I guess but they never treated Theresa like she was a Brady. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Both of Shane/Kim's kids were considered afterthoughts by this show although at least they tried to write for Theresa the actress chose to leave.  

They could've always brought back Andrew Donovan instead of creating all these retcon characters and tied them to people on the show so they could be relevant when you have all these other characters who we saw born on this show that could be used instead.

She left because Show wanted to relegate her to recurring.

They called her Theresa instead of Jeanne because they wanted a mystery about who she was, for about a week.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She left because Show wanted to relegate her to recurring.

They called her Theresa instead of Jeanne because they wanted a mystery about who she was, for about a week.

I thought she left because JL's Hallmark career was booming as she seems to be doing that on a regular basis. 

• Love 3