Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought she left because JL's Hallmark career was booming as she seems to be doing that on a regular basis. 

Jen Lilly wanted to be recurring for both other opportunities and her growing family. Days said no. 

She has expressed that she would love to go back she just can't full time. 

• Love 2

I finally finished watching this week. I have to say I liked the scenes with Maggie and Will in prison, Sonny telling off Gabi (I love Gabi probably more than anything because of the actress) but she totally deserved what he said and Sonny and Will. Good emotional stuff.

Ciara and Ben? No. No matter how much the show tries, I simply don't care. I will never understand Ron's obsession with serial killers. There just isn't a way to redeem a serial killer. There isn't. Will being best buddies with the guy who murdered him, is not only stupid but gross. I mean really the only thing they can do is either give him an evil twin or reveal someone else was actually the killer and not him. Otherwise? Uggghh.

I just shook my head at Brady telling Victor not to say anything about Kristen because they were together. How does the actor even say a line like that without cracking up? Kristen raped Eric. Didn't Kristen just kill a nurse?!? What am I missing?!?

I realize Gabi should be held accountable for the evil plot but come on. When a town has a serial killer romantic lead and Kristen running around, it's hard to see why Gabi needs punishment. She had PTSD from her wrongful imprisonment and boom - her mental issue can be used as an excuse like Princess Abby.

• Love 11

There's zero point to have Ben not be the NTK they already neutered the drama of the whole thing plus JJ and Eve aren't around for such a reveal and they would be the only two people left in Salem that have any level of disdain towards Ben.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I just shook my head at Brady telling Victor not to say anything about Kristen because they were together. How does the actor even say a line like that without cracking up? Kristen raped Eric. Didn't Kristen just kill a nurse?!? What am I missing?!?

I watched those scenes and was like, he needs his ass kicked.  Someone needs to beat him up.  Brady needs to go.  Whatever purpose he served, he’s done it.  If all they can do is have Brady look like a dummy by running back to Kristen every single time, then there’s no point to him.  He’s useless.  He can go.

Loved Sonny going off on Gabi.  That needed to be done.  I watched that about three times.  That’s how awesome it was.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I really hope Kayla gets a chance to go off on Stevano this week.  She did such a great job when she thought she was telling off her ex.  I need her to crank up the wattage a bit and blast Stevano for stealing her husbands' body.  Now she might not do it because she wants Steve back, but that would be epic.  And I am LEGITIMATELY torn about Justin. He's been saintly with Kayla (in a good way).  Supportive, loving, grateful.  Of COURSE he's doom. 

*sigh* ... it's the soap opera genre ... I get it... but... *sigh*

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Loved Sonny going off on Gabi.  That needed to be done.  I watched that about three times.  That’s how awesome it was.

It was great -- Freddie did some nice work there. Better than when Adrienne died, I think. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I watched those scenes and was like, he needs his ass kicked.  Someone needs to beat him up.  Brady needs to go.  Whatever purpose he served, he’s done it.  If all they can do is have Brady look like a dummy by running back to Kristen every single time, then there’s no point to him.  He’s useless.  He can go.

Brady was so much better with Chloe. I have never understood why the show never went there especially with Philip potentially coming back.  Brady and Chloe reconnecting with Chloe and Philip sharing a son would have been so damn good. The show could have mine the Brady/Chloe/Philip history to give us awesome stories for years if done right.. Whomever Chloe chose to be with in the end would make sense. Chloe was great with both men for different reasons. I agree with you in that Brady is  useless and Kristen ruined him..

I am team Gabi because I find everybody else to be just as awful if not worst but Sonny had to say what he said. Gabi never gave a thought on how her actions would affect their daughter. Sonny is still the better parent after all of these years.. Will not trying to get out of prison to spare his daughter even more trauma was rage inducing, just unbelievably stupid. Why must Will be so passive? why?

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Will not trying to get out of prison to spare his daughter even more trauma was rage inducing, just unbelievably stupid.

I was surprised that Will asked enough questions to figure out how much Maggie actually remembered. It's incredibly frustrating that even now, Will's idea of noble behaviour takes into account what Maggie needs (or appears to need), but not what his daughter needs.

Of course, if we eliminated all the "not only stupid, but gross" content, the show would run about 4 to 4½ minutes a day.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Will not trying to get out of prison to spare his daughter even more trauma was rage inducing, just unbelievably stupid. Why must Will be so passive? why?

He's broken the law. I don't know how much time he's done, but he at least deserves to do some time.

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

He's broken the law. I don't know how much time he's done, but he at least deserves to do some time.

Do you mean because he was texting while driving?  NOBODY has gone to prison for that.  Yes, he should have paid a fine but that is it.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Do you mean because he was texting while driving?  NOBODY has gone to prison for that.  Yes, he should have paid a fine but that is it.

Nope, I meant perjury and obstruction of justice. 

But, since nobody goes to jail for murder, I should probably let that slide:)

And, honestly, I think texting and drivign should have the same penalties as drinking and driving. So, assuming no death or injury that's a month after the third offense.

• Love 2

Did Will commit perjury? I think he confessed to the best of his recollection. I don't think he knew at the time that Maggie caused the crash. I might be wrong.

Staying quiet now might qualify as obstruction of justice, but there's no longer an active investigation. His dialogue in the scene with Victor indicated he's been in a jail for a year.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Did Will commit perjury? I think he confessed to the best of his recollection. I don't think he knew at the time that Maggie caused the crash. I might be wrong.

How do you not know if you ran someone over or not?

24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

In real life? Ha, you got me. In DAYS? Confusion, darkness, panic, plus the logistics of being on the same road at exactly the same time, I guess. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

My point is did Will tell a lie? I don't believe so. I don't think a perjury charge can be based on erroneous testimony (though I could be wrong about that, too). 

No, you're right about that. I'm just honestly wondering how you don't run someone over and yet think you do.  Had it been the other way around and Will hit her while texting and Maggie confessed because she had been drinking and couldn't remember the drive home, that would make oodles more sense to me.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

No, you're right about that. I'm just honestly wondering how you don't run someone over and yet think you do. 

Yeah -- I think we might have to go with Latzwaltz's theory and call it Days' version of logic.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Katy M said:

18 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

In real life? Ha, you got me. In DAYS? Confusion, darkness, panic, plus the logistics of being on the same road at exactly the same time, I guess. 

Also, ascertaining the whereabouts of the Salem brain at that particular time would be paramount in deciding guilt. Only one person at a time can use it, and we've seen weeks where it wasn't even dusted off, much less used.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that at the time of the crash, baby David was in possession of it, trying to decide if he should say "goo goo" or "gah gah", or was that Julie?.....

Justice in Salem is never an easy call.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, plurie said:

No one ran anyone over. A car crossed the median and forced Adrienne off the road and, I think, into a tree.

Why did I think she was hit while changing a tire?  I sweat that's what someone said.

And someone is getting over a  year for just crossing the median seems a bit extreme.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 2

Ohhh...Gabi,Gabi,Gabi.....girl is remorseful, guilt ridden over leaving her daughter again & them Boom!  She is back into conniving mode again! (And I sympathize with Gabi mainly because Camilla Banus does a good job of portraying her).   Meanwhile, how does Gabi happen to be the match? Scratching my head over that one.  Poor Maggie....she is realizing what really happened that night.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

There was that time that he tried to kill EJ  when he was a teenager and Lucas took the blame to over it up. 

This by the way was what Nick used against Will to sign away his rights to Arianna. From there. his parents. EJ, Sonny and Kate all committed a bunch of crimes to cover it up and get rid of the evidence that would prove Will’s guilt. 

BTW, this was the threat that Nick was using against Gabi to force her and  Arianna to leave town with him. She realized that he was always going to hold the threat of what she did (Melanie) and what Will and company did to control her to be with him despite what she wanted for herself and her daughter.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Why did I think she was hit while changing a tire?  I sweat that's what someone said.

Don't ask me why the show threw this in the mix, but Adrienne did have a flat tire and stopped to change it herself ("I ain't no hothouse flower, honey" was A's awesome line at the time) and THEN got into the swerving accident. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Don't ask me why the show threw this in the mix, but Adrienne did have a flat tire and stopped to change it herself ("I ain't no hothouse flower, honey" was A's awesome line at the time) and THEN got into the swerving accident. 

I think they did that to put Adrienne and Sarah back on the road at the same time as Will & Maggie - especially since they needed time for Maggie to drink enough to get wasted & get herself behind the wheel following Summer's departure during daylight. They didn't do the best job of going through all of the details, and I'm going to presume it's because there's more that will eventually be revealed.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Im all for it.  I hsve become quite fed up with Brady and the time has come to write him out.  

• Love 6

I'm glad Sonny said what he said to Gabi because she needed to hear it, and hear it from someone who cares about her and her daughter. And Sonny is the only one in a position to say what he said to her anyway(Will too if he was there). It was so great watching those two! Great scenes and A+ acting!  

Ciara it was so embarrassing to watch you Friday, good god almighty one of the women Ben killed was Rafe's (half) sister (I didn't expect Rafe or the writers to remember that though) this is not the guy you want to reason with for Ben's life. At least he turned himself in now maybe she will whine a little bit less.....Who am I kidding? No she won't.  

Will you are being stupid Maggie may be sweet but she's not your daughter you are not responsible for her happiness or peace of mind you are responsible for Ari's, poor girl....Sonny is the real MVP 

Gabi.......that was fucked up and hardcore lmao......DOOL really wants her to be the Phyllis Newman of Salem huh...... 🙄 I can't imagine an uglier fate for one of my faves. 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Im all for it.  I hsve become quite fed up with Brady and the time has come to write him out.  

Do Ron expect  us to believe that Brady can look past all the horrible things she has done to him and his family just because he can't  keep it in his pants? But this is Brady we're talking about, So yeah, it's not hard to believe. 

Edited by Sidney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Ohhh...Gabi,Gabi,Gabi.....girl is remorseful, guilt ridden over leaving her daughter again & them Boom!  She is back into conniving mode again! (And I sympathize with Gabi mainly because Camilla Banus does a good job of portraying her).   Meanwhile, how does Gabi happen to be the match? Scratching my head over that one.  Poor Maggie....she is realizing what really happened that night.

OK, NOT spoiled but here's my theory.  Victor and Xander actually grabbed the 3rd baby born that night and the random couple now has Brady and Kristen's baby.  It will come to light somehow, and random couple will think it was their baby that died.   It will be years before some other crisis comes up and they discover that Mickey is actually random couple's baby.

And yes, if this was real life - Gabi's actions would be heinous.  But then again, in real life, they would never make the deal Gabi is going to get (I think we all see this coming a mile away.)  They also wouldn't have made the same deal with Kristen.  I really want a scene where Gabi looks Kristen straight in the eye, goes all wide-eyed innocence, and tells Kristen the she is the reason Gabi came up with that idea.  I think what is like real life is we like who we like and tend to be more forgiving of someone we like than someone we loathe.  We're all happily trying to explain why our favorite characters aren't REALLY as bad as the characters we hate, when in reality, they have all done unforgiveable things.😄

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

They also wouldn't have made the same deal with Kristen. 

That's who I was trying to remember who dodged going to prison for another dumb reason!  Nevertheless, it was hilarious watching Gabi barter her bone marrow for a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.  Easily the best part of diabolical pacemaker storyline.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Nevertheless, it was hilarious watching Gabi barter her bone marrow for a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.  Easily the best part of diabolical pacemaker storyline.  

This! Now that's a smart evil plan!

19 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think what is like real life is we like who we like and tend to be more forgiving of someone we like than someone we loathe.  We're all happily trying to explain why our favorite characters aren't REALLY as bad as the characters we hate, when in reality, they have all done unforgiveable things.😄

Well put.

I am obsessed with Sarah's pants and I want them. What's the website that has clothes from the soaps? I want to see if they have them on there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 3:22 PM, ihavenoidea said:

Stefan is the one who set her going to prison in motion, he framed her.  He's the reason she's barren, a fact she brings up continuously when her schemes are found out.  He never went to jail either.

Neither did Abigail his partner in the scheme to frame Gabi for prison.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Artsda said:

Exactly, it's Lani had to pay for murdering him and how she went to jail for 1 crime she didn't commit. Yet it was Stefan who put her there. 

Gabi take no responsibility over the fact she is a  convicted cold blooded killer, who shot someone in the back. She was released on probation, never finished her time.  She got off on everything she's done to Julie and Abby. Even Melanie being kidnapped and  blowing up the town over the fake stalker.

In the time of Melanie Gabi  was young and naive just like Jennifer said about Abigail when she was banging EJ.

1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Abigail had no memory of anything her alter was doing.  

She still did it.  How kind of the writers to give Abigail an excuse for her crime spree.  She should have been arrested for her crimes but instead Chad her thug husband blackmailed the DA.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

OK, NOT spoiled but here's my theory.  Victor and Xander actually grabbed the 3rd baby born that night and the random couple now has Brady and Kristen's baby.  It will come to light somehow, and random couple will think it was their baby that died.   It will be years before some other crisis comes up and they discover that Mickey is actually random couple's baby.

And yes, if this was real life - Gabi's actions would be heinous.  But then again, in real life, they would never make the deal Gabi is going to get (I think we all see this coming a mile away.)  They also wouldn't have made the same deal with Kristen.  I really want a scene where Gabi looks Kristen straight in the eye, goes all wide-eyed innocence, and tells Kristen the she is the reason Gabi came up with that idea.  I think what is like real life is we like who we like and tend to be more forgiving of someone we like than someone we loathe.  We're all happily trying to explain why our favorite characters aren't REALLY as bad as the characters we hate, when in reality, they have all done unforgiveable things.😄

I think random baby died and she was swapped with real Mickey. But we wont find out for years 

• Love 2

But when did Gabi donate eggs? If they try to sneak that in as a retcon, I'm still not sure what it really gives us...a baby that Gabi inadvertently conceived with Brady by having Kristen as the surrogate? I don't get it. Kristen, disguised as Nicole, went to an egg bank and got herself implanted with Gabi's eggs by mistake or by design? Super weird.

I think this is simply lazy writing to give Gabi a way to manoeuvre herself out of jail time. And it's completely possible for someone unrelated to you to be a bone marrow donor, so why not? I like Gabi, I want her to get out of this stupid storyline and hopefully move in a better direction.

I continue to love John Aniston and Victor. Even his looks to Will from across the table said it all perfectly. He was feeling a mixture of shame for putting Will through jail time, fear for what Maggie would do to herself if she knew she was responsible for the death of her own grandchild, and desperation that the secret might come out, all the while still trying to be a hard-ass and scary businessman negotiating a deal. He's so good at his job. I'm so glad he continues to work.

I thought Chandler did a good job as well too, fluctuating between trying to find a way to tell Maggie the awful truth and get the hell out of prison, and being scared of Victor, and then being indignant at what is being asked of him...only for him to ultimately put Maggie's needs ahead of his own. Chandler can act, and these scenes are the best he's given us in months.

Same with Freddie. He's on his game lately. Although, I didn't completely buy Gabi saying the DiMera lawyers would get her off scot-free at the start of the conversation, and then two minutes of crying later saying she's throwing in the towel and accepting the plea bargain. It's very possible the DiMera lawyers would get her out of the situation...as she herself pointed out, they always came through for Stefano.

...and isn't Police Commissioner Hope Brady currently under the influence of a chip in her brain? Couldn't they have concocted some kind of pseudo scientific evidence to suggest that Gabi is also out of her mind because of a chip? Hope is definitely going to be using that defense...why not Gabi too? It would certainly explain why she would do something so reckless in the middle of the Town Square.

Did anybody understand Nicole's snarky remark to Kristen at the office? She kind of rattled something out really quickly and I didn't have closed captioning on so I couldn't make out what Zucker had said...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Yes, Sarah and Eric, some people may be selfless and happily undergo very painful surgery to help 'your' child. Some people may have reservations and others may say nope. You are not exactly friends with Gabi, you never spend time with her, and she may not be in a generous spot at this moment - i.e. facing real jail time for her stupid plan and shenanigans.

I did feel for Will - being in a very difficult position with Maggie and Victor. Victor was right. Mr. Aniston can certainly still bring it to the role.

Poor Maggie. Remembering the actual details of the accident night.

So the Salem PD file on Jordan's murder showed very plainly that the baby's DNA had some margin for error? Too clean, too cut and dried.

Will and Ben have certainly bonded into a weird friendship.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Well, there it is, right out of the horse's mouth.  Ben said he didn't want to live without Ciara.  I guess even he knows that would be easier than having to live WITH her.  And Rafe - she just clocked you with a baseball bat, how about not co-ing her need for convict peen?  

There is a good argument for NOT putting Ben to death that might just convince a judge to commute his sentence, because it's pretty obvious that having to spend the rest of his life with Ciara is going to have him yearning to go for a long swim in the River Styx.

There must be other lowlife wretches in prison that could be Will's new best friend instead of the guy who beat him senseless AND actually killed him.  

Will's martyrdom today was on overload.  Not only is he worrying about Ben, he agreed to stay in prison so Maggie doesn't get upset.  Not that I expect any mental stability in that family anymore since even his psychiatrist grandmother has a lady crush on the serial killer.

giphy.gif

He's just soooooooooooooo dreamy!

And they say love in the afternoon is dead - when really, it's just Ben's victims who are.....

Very good job today by Suzanne Rogers.  

I'm loving Terrell Tilford playing the D.A.  He looks as annoyed as I feel with this show sometimes.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

She still did it.  How kind of the writers to give Abigail an excuse for her crime spree.

Yeah, kind of like how they bent over backwards to give Gabi excuses for her crimes. I found it almost comical the lengths they went to justify Gabi's revenge against Abigail. They couldn't simply leave it as Abigail's alter framed Gabi. No, they had to spice it up with Gabi getting beaten up in jail. But, not just beaten up, but beaten so badly she potentially could no longer have children. Then to top it off her daughter hated her. Now, for her latest revenge, it's poor widow Gabi needs revenge for her husband's death.

Yes, Sarah and Eric, some people may be selfless and happily undergo very painful surgery to help 'your' child. Some people may have reservations and others may say nope. You are not exactly friends with Gabi, you never spend time with her, and she may not be in a generous spot at this moment - i.e. facing real jail time for her stupid plan and shenanigans.

Most people don't voluntarily have their bone marrow tested if they don't plan on actually going through with it if they're a match.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But when did Gabi donate eggs? If they try to sneak that in as a retcon, I'm still not sure what it really gives us...a baby that Gabi inadvertently conceived with Brady by having Kristen as the surrogate? I don't get it. Kristen, disguised as Nicole, went to an egg bank and got herself implanted with Gabi's eggs by mistake or by design? Super weird.

I think this is simply lazy writing to give Gabi a way to manoeuvre herself out of jail time. And it's completely possible for someone unrelated to you to be a bone marrow donor, so why not? I like Gabi, I want her to get out of this stupid storyline and hopefully move in a better direction.

I continue to love John Aniston and Victor. Even his looks to Will from across the table said it all perfectly. He was feeling a mixture of shame for putting Will through jail time, fear for what Maggie would do to herself if she knew she was responsible for the death of her own grandchild, and desperation that the secret might come out, all the while still trying to be a hard-ass and scary businessman negotiating a deal. He's so good at his job. I'm so glad he continues to work.

I thought Chandler did a good job as well too, fluctuating between trying to find a way to tell Maggie the awful truth and get the hell out of prison, and being scared of Victor, and then being indignant at what is being asked of him...only for him to ultimately put Maggie's needs ahead of his own. Chandler can act, and these scenes are the best he's given us in months.

Same with Freddie. He's on his game lately. Although, I didn't completely buy Gabi saying the DiMera lawyers would get her off scot-free at the start of the conversation, and then two minutes of crying later saying she's throwing in the towel and accepting the plea bargain. It's very possible the DiMera lawyers would get her out of the situation...as she herself pointed out, they always came through for Stefano.

...and isn't Police Commissioner Hope Brady currently under the influence of a chip in her brain? Couldn't they have concocted some kind of pseudo scientific evidence to suggest that Gabi is also out of her mind because of a chip? Hope is definitely going to be using that defense...why not Gabi too? It would certainly explain why she would do something so reckless in the middle of the Town Square.

Did anybody understand Nicole's snarky remark to Kristen at the office? She kind of rattled something out really quickly and I didn't have closed captioning on so I couldn't make out what Zucker had said...

I expect another twist here that's why I made the Gabi suggestion. I rather she not be stuck with another kid so I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 1

What is with the water in Salem. 90% of the people are evil and/or dumb as a post. I know it's a soap staple for eavesdropping and plots getting overheard but it makes Xander and Victor look moronic that this is like the second, third (maybe more time) they've been discussing this sensitive "must take to our graves" super secret at normal volume in the middle of the living room, knowing full well other people are home.

And Victor and Xander are such assholes. Xander with his flippant comment about Sonny and him just getting over Will. And, Victor, with warmth oozing all over (sarcasm alert) claiming to love Sonny, but eh, he's got to protect Maggie.

I really hope Arianna ends up being an example of nurture over nature because she is seriously fucked with Will and Gabi's genes. Will is one of my faves but I wanted to THROTTLE him today. He's basically putting Maggie's needs over his daughter's. Sure, Victor gave him some vague promise about getting him out sooner. But what does that even mean, especially since we still don't know long Will's sentence even was. And then Will fucking shook Victor's hand?! WTF! And then telling Ben he can't tell Maggie because he promised Victor and shook on it? Seriously?! And what does Will plan on doing when he gets out because let's say Victor does get him out without telling Maggie what happened does Will plan on continuing to lie to Sonny and everyone that he killed Adrienne? How does he expect to reconcile with Sonny if he still thinks Will killed his mother? Does he plan on telling Sonny and trying to swear him to secrecy?

And before Ben came on, Will was holding the divorce papers and said something about not needing to hold on to them. Was he planning on going through with the divorce just to spare Maggie pain? It's crappy of him not to be really thinking of Arianna. He mentioned her to Victor once, but he should be wanting to get out right now considering he knows what's going on with Gabi. It's ENRAGING that he wants to be more pro-active about getting his would-be murderer out than himself.

And where we supposed to be touched by Ben and Will's concern for each other? "Let's talk about you getting out." "No, let's talk about you getting out." SHUT UP, Carlivati! This "friendship" is gross!

God, Gabi is such a sociopath. She goes from crocodile tears asking Sonny what's wrong with her to on a dime flipping a switch and coldly telling Eric and Sarah that she doesn't care about what they need to do they better get her out or their sick baby dies. She was so cold and remorseless and I just wanted to strangle her. Let's put her and Ben in a jail cell and hand him a necktie, please.

Also, she was so dumb being antagonistic to the DA. Sure, she has Eric and Sarah over a barrel as they're trying to save their baby's life, but the ultimately what happens is the DA's call. She shouldn't be telling him to stick his very generous plea deal when she's going to need him to sign off on any deal to get her out. I guess she's banking on him being more human than her and not being willing to let a baby die no matter how much attitude she throws around.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What is with the water in Salem. 90% of the people are evil and/or dumb as a post. I know it's a soap staple for eavesdropping and plots getting overheard but it makes Xander and Victor look moronic that this is like the second, third (maybe more time) they've been discussing this sensitive "must take to our graves" super secret at normal volume in the middle of the living room, knowing full well other people are home.

And Victor and Xander are such assholes. Xander with his flippant comment about Sonny and him just getting over Will. And, Victor, with warmth oozing all over (sarcasm alert) claiming to love Sonny, but eh, he's got to protect Maggie.

I really hope Arianna ends up being an example of nurture over nature because she is seriously fucked with Will and Gabi's genes. Will is one of my faves but I wanted to THROTTLE him today. He's basically putting Maggie's needs over his daughter's. Sure, Victor gave him some vague promise about getting him out sooner. But what does that even mean, especially since we still don't know long Will's sentence even was. And then Will fucking shook Victor's hand?! WTF! And then telling Ben he can't tell Maggie because he promised Victor and shook on it? Seriously?! And what does Will plan on doing when he gets out because let's say Victor does get him out without telling Maggie what happened does Will plan on continuing to lie to Sonny and everyone that he killed Adrienne? How does he expect to reconcile with Sonny if he still thinks Will killed his mother? Does he plan on telling Sonny and trying to swear him to secrecy?

And before Ben came on, Will was holding the divorce papers and said something about not needing to hold on to them. Was he planning on going through with the divorce just to spare Maggie pain? It's crappy of him not to be really thinking of Arianna. He mentioned her to Victor once, but he should be wanting to get out right now considering he knows what's going on with Gabi. It's ENRAGING that he wants to be more pro-active about getting his would-be murderer out than himself.

And where we supposed to be touched by Ben and Will's concern for each other? "Let's talk about you getting out." "No, let's talk about you getting out." SHUT UP, Carlivati! This "friendship" is gross!

God, Gabi is such a sociopath. She goes from crocodile tears asking Sonny what's wrong with her to on a dime flipping a switch and coldly telling Eric and Sarah that she doesn't care about what they need to do they better get her out or their sick baby dies. She was so cold and remorseless and I just wanted to strangle her. Let's put her and Ben in a jail cell and hand him a necktie, please.

Also, she was so dumb being antagonistic to the DA. Sure, she has Eric and Sarah over a barrel as they're trying to save their baby's life, but the ultimately what happens is the DA's call. She shouldn't be telling him to stick his very generous plea deal when she's going to need him to sign off on any deal to get her out. I guess she's banking on him being more human than her and not being willing to let a baby die no matter how much attitude she throws around.

Maybe because this is a soap, the whole booby trapped heart thing was just so incredibly stupid and I love Gabi, but I'm having a really hard time taking it seriously.  I KNOW we should be disgusted by Gabi's behavior.  We should be hating her right now.  But I really just want this whole thing done so they can move on to (hopefully) better plots.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe because this is a soap, the whole booby trapped heart thing was just so incredibly stupid and I love Gabi, but I'm having a really hard time taking it seriously.  I KNOW we should be disgusted by Gabi's behavior.  We should be hating her right now.  But I really just want this whole thing done so they can move on to (hopefully) better plots.

And that's fine. I know Gabi has her fans for various reasons, but at this point, I know I'll probably never be one of them. As ridiculous as the booby-trapped heart thing is, she did it and it's part of her history like all the crappy things other characters have done. She tried to blow up a woman's heart and is now using a dying baby as a shield, which I find gross, soap or not. 

• Love 11

It is gross, but she's such a good actress and used to be very rootable character...so hopefully we get to see that again. I do get why you wouldn't be able to overlook this stuff though.

...on this show, though... name one character who hasn't done hateful illegal stuff...

Short list.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Did the Salem PD really look everywhere for "David's paternal father"? Oh, Rafe. Shut up!

I mean, it seems pretty obvious that the line Gering biffed was "David's biological father," but still: How is this man put in charge of investigating anything? (And then he goes straight to his desktop and starts interpreting DNA results? Yeeeaaahh, no.)

Well, so much for Gabi's remorse. And I do not understand how this blackmail scheme is supposed to work. Does Former Father Uncle Eric have so much pull with the DA that he and Sarah can just waltz in to someone's office, all "Ha hoo ha -- jail time, amirite?" Or is he going to give them the Eeyore Sad Sack Face until the entire prison system knuckles under? Is Sarah secretly the boss of everyone? Pop-Up Victor is going to pull every string he can get his bony fingers on just to see if he can get Will out a little bit early, but Sarah's going to make Gabi's little attempted murder charge go poof?

Edited to add: I really felt for Maggie, figuring out what happened, all alone, her family downstairs, still scheming to keep her in the dark. Suzanne Rogers did a nice job playing Maggie's confusion and dawning horror.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12