Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Just now, Pearson80 said:

I thought that I was the only one who noticed that Billie resembled Hope and even Carly as well. In Carly's case it was actually referenced in dialogue..

Which was sort of odd where Carly is concerned because (to me) she and KA bore no resemblance to the other aside from both women having dark hair! But young Kristian Alfonso looked like young Lisa Rinna (or vice versa) very much.

Just now, boes said:

Ooops, I should have stuck with Doug, sorry about that, I'm going to go change it back to his character's name

No, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to nitpick. Just pointing out my confusion.  😛

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Which was sort of odd where Carly is concerned because (to me) she and KA bore no resemblance to the other aside from both women having dark hair! But young Kristian Alfonso looked like young Lisa Rinna (or vice versa) very much.

No, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to nitpick. Just pointing out my confusion.  😛

Oh, no, I didn't think it was nitpicking at all.  I appreciate you mentioning it!  

• Love 3

Since everyone knew the app was disabled, they also knew Julie was in no danger.  Can they charge Gabi with attempted murder if she never actually had to ability to murder Julie?  What really did she do, push a useless button on her phone?

I loved how, even though Gabi was devastated she hung tough.  No useless whining and crying for her.  (Yes, I know she broke down a bit with Rafe, but that was more explaining where she was coming from than breaking down.)

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Since everyone knew the app was disabled, they also knew Julie was in no danger.  Can they charge Gabi with attempted murder if she never actually had to ability to murder Julie?  What really did she do, push a useless button on her phone?

I believe so? I've read reports about the FBI catching wannabe terrorists in the planning stages, providing materials, and having the person go up to the point they believe they're going to detonate a bomb or carry out an attack before the FBI swoops in to arrest them. So the obvious difference here is that law enforcement wasn't made aware of Gabi's plot ahead of time, but they have her phone and a town square full of witnesses who saw her hit the button with the intent to kill Julie, plus Gabi's confession (oh, and JJ could also provide intel on the tech guy who set it all up; same with Theo who was also in on stopping Gabi). I mean, it's Days and Salem, so real life doesn't always apply 😉 but theoretically I think there would be a pretty strong case against her.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This is what I think.  It would be pretty difficult to prove attempted murder based on a phone that could not murder anyone.  Regardless of that, I think this would be a difficult crime to prove.  I mean, people get off when they commit actual crimes like murder and attempted murder.  Gabi can get some hotshot lawyer and she will get off.  But, everyone in town will know what she did and Julie will harangue her forever, which would be like a prison sentence.

It pains me that when Lani told JJ, he didn't go to Gabi and talk to her.  Especially after what she did for him.  Instead he set her up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I don't agree with what Gabi did...I think she could have found other ways of getting back Lani and Julie.

I know that Gabi blamed Lani for Stefano's death but honestly I don't.  If anyone should share the blame for what happened to Stefano it was his crazy ass mother.  She was pointing a gun at Lani refusing to drop the gun when Lani told her to so Lani was going to cap her lunatic ass.  Instead of just asking his mother to drop the gun Stefano decides to be a hero for one of the least deserving people in the world, Vivian Alamain.

As I said I don't agree with what Gabi did but I honestly, I detest Julie with her holier than thou attitude.  I wasn't watching the show back when Julie was younger but from things I've read Julie wasn't exactly an angel herself.  She married the man her mother was married to...Doug. Eww...talk about keeping it in the family.  Yeah they aren't blood related but yuck.  Then there's the way she's always talking about Nick as if he was some sort of saint.  Let's count the ways. 

1. Nick became obsessed with Melanie

2. Nick killed Trent...supposed to help Melanie but turned around and framed her when she didn't return his feelings.

3. He held Melanie hostage.

4. He blackmailed Will and Sonny

5. He tried to keep Will away from his child.

6. Became possessive of Gabi and lied and tried to get her to move away with him to New York and when his lies came home to roost Gabi dumped him.

7. He attempted to rape Gabi (she hit him with a rock).

8.He blackmailed Kate, Sammi and Gabi (over his so-called murder when it was self-defense because he was trying to rape Gabi).

9. He blackmailed EJ because of his affair with Abigail.

Bottom line, Nick might have started out as a nice guy but ended up as a total psycho creep and the fact that he said he told Julie that he was going to get help for his issue.  Nick DIDN'T give Julie a detailed account of the things he did and the reason was because I remember Julie saying she didn't need to know.  REALLY, the nosiest women in Salem didn't need to know the details of the horrible things Nick had been doing to quite a number of people in town?!  Just because Nick told Julie he was going to get help and stop his evil ways doesn't mean he would have and it didn't make me like or trust his character because I thought he was lying and was going to to back on his word and continue his destructive ways.  Luckily...uh I mean sadly Gabi shot him and we never got to find out if he could be redeemed or not.

Lani...she's a bit of tramp.  She jumped into bed with Eli without even confronting JJ and Gabi. Do people really do that in real life???

Eli...a bit of an idiot.  Assumed Gabi slept with JJ on Lani's word.  Just like Lani, Eli didn't even attempt to find out if it was true or not. That's some great detective work just taking someone's word without any real evidence!

Abigail isn't a angel either...remember how she pursued Austin like a bitch in heat and even told a lie that they had slept together and almost destroyed his marriage.  Then there's the affair she had with EJ...  Just like Gabi said Abigail killed Andre` and didn't serve any time just a few months in the loony bin.

It seems that quite a few people that live in glass houses are always throwing stones...

• Love 17

Somehow, Gabi's comeuppance wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. The pacing sucked -- how many times could Lani have just said out loud what Gabi did instead of staring at her with breasts heaving in her negligee? I suppose that was dramatic flair, but for me it was soooo tired. 

But mostly what I felt yesterday was sadness for JJ -- he looked wrecked in every scene, and I caught a lump in my throat as we walked out the door. Even if he comes back someday, I doubt it will be Casey Moss, and that's a damn shame. With all of that, it was good to see Jack and Jennifer -- oh, the scene between Jack and JJ when he told him he was proud! -- but now they're off to Africa for god knows how long.

• Love 11

That was the worst receiving line ever!

23 hours ago, Sidney said:

And why couldn't Lani call Eli off and talk to him in private, instead having him be humiliated AGAIN in front of everyone. I guess her revenge against Gabi was more important than her so-called love for him. SMH.

Because when Darling Julie and Lani the Smug Angel (::hurrghf::) plot revenge, it's noble, because they're Good People; when Gabi does it, it's evil, because she's a … everybody: "Mendacious Little Bitch (tm)." Whatever, Julie Fubar, you atrocious evil stepmother, you.

Edited to add: Don't get me wrong, I think what Gabi did was both cruel and stupid (and out of character, but I digress...), but Julie and Lani were clearly not doing this for Eli; and the sight of everyone, including Abigail, who has no high horse to climb on, taking a turn at telling Gabi how worthless she is turned my stomach. 

I think I'm only now realizing that Gabi doesn't have any friends at all. (Counting Will and Sonny as her family, which really holds only 4 other members.)

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Damn, Bo was fine as hell.

8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I loved how, even though Gabi was devastated she hung tough.  No useless whining and crying for her.  

This. I'm glad she didn't give those assholes the satisfaction.

51 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Somehow, Gabis comeuppance wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be.

Nothing ever is lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

Somehow, Gabi's comeuppance wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. The pacing sucked -- how many times could Lani have just said out loud what Gabi did instead of staring at her with breasts heaving in her negligee? I suppose that was dramatic flair, but for me it was soooo tired. 

But mostly what I felt yesterday was sadness for JJ -- he looked wrecked in every scene, and I caught a lump in my throat as we walked out the door. Even if he comes back someday, I doubt it will be Casey Moss, and that's a damn shame. With all of that, it was good to see Jack and Jennifer -- oh, the scene between Jack and JJ when he told him he was proud! -- but now they're off to Africa for god knows how long.

The reason why  it wasn't  entertaining was because we've  seen this movie played before not too long ago. Boring. Can the writers find something more interesting, please. 

I wouldn't  have minded an episode with Doug talking to J/J reminiscing about the time he spent with Bill Horton, and coming to Salem. I really  enjoyed what we got , wish we had got more. Loved the Bill/Jennifer scene. 

Do Jack know about Steve since we know he knows about Hope?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, littlefingers116 said:

I don't agree with what Gabi did...I think she could have found other ways of getting back Lani and Julie.

I know that Gabi blamed Lani for Stefano's death but honestly I don't.  If anyone should share the blame for what happened to Stefano it was his crazy ass mother.  She was pointing a gun at Lani refusing to drop the gun when Lani told her to so Lani was going to cap her lunatic ass.  Instead of just asking his mother to drop the gun Stefano decides to be a hero for one of the least deserving people in the world, Vivian Alamain.

As I said I don't agree with what Gabi did but I honestly, I detest Julie with her holier than thou attitude.  I wasn't watching the show back when Julie was younger but from things I've read Julie wasn't exactly an angel herself.  She married the man her mother was married to...Doug. Eww...talk about keeping it in the family.  Yeah they aren't blood related but yuck.  Then there's the way she's always talking about Nick as if he was some sort of saint.  Let's count the ways. 

1. Nick became obsessed with Melanie

2. Nick killed Trent...supposed to help Melanie but turned around and framed her when she didn't return his feelings.

3. He held Melanie hostage.

4. He blackmailed Will and Sonny

5. He tried to keep Will away from his child.

6. Became possessive of Gabi and lied and tried to get her to move away with him to New York and when his lies came home to roost Gabi dumped him.

7. He attempted to rape Gabi (she hit him with a rock).

8.He blackmailed Kate, Sammi and Gabi (over his so-called murder when it was self-defense because he was trying to rape Gabi).

9. He blackmailed EJ because of his affair with Abigail.

Bottom line, Nick might have started out as a nice guy but ended up as a total psycho creep and the fact that he said he told Julie that he was going to get help for his issue.  Nick DIDN'T give Julie a detailed account of the things he did and the reason was because I remember Julie saying she didn't need to know.  REALLY, the nosiest women in Salem didn't need to know the details of the horrible things Nick had been doing to quite a number of people in town?!  Just because Nick told Julie he was going to get help and stop his evil ways doesn't mean he would have and it didn't make me like or trust his character because I thought he was lying and was going to to back on his word and continue his destructive ways.  Luckily...uh I mean sadly Gabi shot him and we never got to find out if he could be redeemed or not.

Lani...she's a bit of tramp.  She jumped into bed with Eli without even confronting JJ and Gabi. Do people really do that in real life???

Eli...a bit of an idiot.  Assumed Gabi slept with JJ on Lani's word.  Just like Lani, Eli didn't even attempt to find out if it was true or not. That's some great detective work just taking someone's word without any real evidence!

Abigail isn't a angel either...remember how she pursued Austin like a bitch in heat and even told a lie that they had slept together and almost destroyed his marriage.  Then there's the affair she had with EJ...  Just like Gabi said Abigail killed Andre` and didn't serve any time just a few months in the loony bin.

It seems that quite a few people that live in glass houses are always throwing stones...

littlefingers116, that's an excellent and informative post, thank you!!

1 minute ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Where is JJ going?  I must of forgot to take my finger off of the fast-forward button for that scene.  Ooops.  

He's off to Africa with the family for Bill's funeral.

• Love 4

Gosh, Jennifer Rose was a lovely young woman. I'd almost forgotten.

But only in Salem would a request for "stories about my dad I've never heard before" result in reminiscences about prison, including the extraordinary observation "Prison's a rough place, dearie."

Casey Moss did look sort of heartbroken. I really liked his scene with Matthew Ashford. Those two were always good together.

I buzzed through the scenes with Lani and her drivel. She should remember, if she does get back together with Eli, that (a) his grandmother is insane; and (b) Lani's angel status will be revoked and forgotten and Julie will turn on her the instant Lani does something to tick Julie off.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Gosh, Jennifer Rose was a lovely young woman. I'd almost forgotten.

She's about 5 or 6 years older than me and I remember when I was in high school that I wanted to look just like her.  And I wanted a boyfriend like Frankie.  And a doughnut-making grandmother like Alice.  Hmm, apparently I just wanted to be Jennifer.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2020 at 9:01 AM, Lastwaltz said:

I LOVED Nick, and his twisted story with the original and my forever Eve, Charlotte Ross. They don't do soap like that anymore! 

I am so glad that thirty years on I am not the only one who misses Nick and Evie. After we wasted an entire year with his fake marriage to April I was devastated to have Nick and Eve FINALLY hook up only for them to assassinate his character and kill him off

Interestingly, Conrad Dunn (Nick, formerly George Jenesky) and Lisa Howard (April) are in Kingston doing a play together and have remained great friends. I watched an interview with them last night and while she looks exactly the same I had to squint to recognize him. Then I checked out his stats and saw he is 70 next month! Also found this during my browsing...I miss him

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, boes said:

Gabi could have avoided all of this if she'd just gone with her first instinct and never given Julie the heart to begin with.  

So, okay, the app doesn't work, but I bet she could run Julie down with a car, poison her Depends, slip some arsenic in her Dentu-cream.  Gabi, USE YOUR IMAGINATION.

Hey Julie, you might want to go check those Horton Christmas ornaments, Gabi has had one since Arianna was born.  She's been "part of the family" ever since she gave birth to her and Will's child.  Funny how you always forget and discount that your precious Nick was torturing Will and keeping him from his child, but then I guess Nick was more of a Horton than Will is.  

Julie is exhausting.  

She sure was having a good time today.  After getting all that attention at the Square, she even managed to push JJ aside when Jenn was telling him and Abigail about Bill's death.  She's such a special person I think she should be cast in bronze, like a set of baby shoes.  No need to wait till she's dead, either.

The Doug, Jenn and Jack scenes were really nice IMO, as were the following family scenes later on.  Poor Doug didn't know how his life was going to change.  He came to Salem to fleece a rich woman and ended up married to a rabid parrot.  Can't win 'em all, Doug.

JJ was terrific today, just terrific.

Nick is more of a Horton than Will because he came from a Horton woman while Will came from a Brady woman.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Sandman said:

That was the worst receiving line ever!

Because when Darling Julie and Lani the Smug Angel (::hurrghf::) plot revenge, it's noble, because they're Good People; when Gabi does it, it's evil, because she's a … everybody: "Mendacious Little Bitch (tm)." Whatever, Julie Fubar, you atrocious evil stepmother, you.

Edited to add: Don't get me wrong, I think what Gabi did was both cruel and stupid (and out of character, but I digress...), but Julie and Lani were clearly not doing this for Eli; and the sight of everyone, including Abigail, who has no high horse to climb on, taking a turn at telling Gabi how worthless she is turned my stomach. 

I think I'm only now realizing that Gabi doesn't have any friends at all. (Counting Will and Sonny as her family, which really holds only 4 other members.)

Does anyone have any friends in Salem.

• Love 3

It really but... 

Kristen is friends w Jennifer and Lani. 

Hope is best friends with Kayla and “Cuz” Jennifer. 

Jennifer was best friends w Adrienne and Hope. 

Kate is friends w Roman and Marlena and Sami. You catch my drift. 

IDK I feel like soap best friendships were done better on All My Kids & OLTL, they would include lots of little scenes that seemed like throwaways that added impact to story later, especially with Erica, Tad, Stuart, and Niki. That is a big problem here on Days, there’s not enough softness or sweet little moments. Like they should do that more that way I am more invested in the drama or pain when it’s depicted. 

• Love 8

I liked Kate and Gabi talking about her stupid revenge plan. Kate did correctly point out that Gabi wasn't in the best mental health when Stefan died.

Stevano revealing himself to Kayla was also entertaining. At least Justin and Rafe found some security footage to show Steve leaving with Kayla.

Lani, making the moves on Eli on what would have been his wedding day is plain wrong and inappropriate. Let him process what has happened, if he still wants Gabi, or even if he wants you. Inviting him to your or probably JJ's boudoir is kinda scummy. You have little respect for him as a human being. Ugh.

Of course Doc and John have a Valentine's thing.

• Love 10

The next time, the VERY next time, Steveno pompously pulls back that eye patch and says, 

I am Stefano DiMera!, this has to happen

giphy.gif

Good GRIEF this is boring.

Gosh oh golly GEE, Lani, Eli didn't miss you as much as you thought he did.  He was looking at you with more of a "who let one rip" expression than one of love.

And her telling him that she'd wait for him forever sounded more like a threat than an expression of love.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I would totally wear Lani dress to an Ex-boyfriend wedding.  Just need to lose a few or twenty pounds.

It IS a perfect 'ex' dress.  Even better, 'woman scorned' dress.  But it didn't fit what Lani was doing.  It was a 'revenge against Gabi' dress -- which was NOT the f*cking point.  She needed to wear the "save Eli, trap Gabi" dress.  It needed to be the "I'm the hero, the mother of our lost child, the truth teller."  Think Megan Markle green shift dress: The "Woman of integrity, smart, hero" dress.

But, IMO, there are three categories of stupid when it comes to DOOL:
- Stupid: just... the character is totally in character and foolish
- Plot stupid: the character is out of character but had to make this mistake for plot's sake
- Soap-plot stupid: the character is making a classic soap-opera mistake but one that they wouldn't make otherwise if it wasn't a soap-opera (i.e. 'meh', it comes with the genre)

So, using Lani as my guide:
- Stupid: making the reveal about HER pain and not Eli's
- Plot stupid: not confronting Gabi a year ago or at least seeking a trusted ally
- Soap-plot stupid: Overreacting to Gabi/JJ and sleeping with Eli

So... I have NO sympathy for Lani in her conversation with Eli.  If she loved the guy, she would have made her position clear:
- I love you, you are the love of my life, and will wait as long as it takes.
- I've unwillingly hurt you twice, I own that. I honestly believed at the time that this was the only way to handle it. I was alone, vulnerable, and freaked last year.  This year I had my wits about me that I could start to formulate a plan.  Timing sucked but the wedding date forced my hand. 
Instead she was all about a victory celebration when Eli was mid-devastation.  TONE DEAF.

In other news:
- HOW MUCH DO I LOVE KAYLA!  Just everything about her conversation with Stevano.  Now personally I think she was plot stupid not to punch him in the bullet wound area and skeedadle but she's was being plot stupid there.  Stevano needs to drop in a hole.
- Heaven help me, I'm Team Kate.  It's wrong on so many levels but I am.  I loved her entire conversation with Gabi. And where are your millions Kate? How can you not have seven different bank accounts.? 
- Gabriella Hernandez Dimera: you were evil.  You need therapy.  You need to go to jail for attempted murder.  There's a new DA though, so maybe you'll get the jury to buy 'attempted second degree murder' because it was a heat-of-the-moment decision to try and kill Julie in front of half of Salem. And the original pacemaker was a 'not in your right mind' choice.  BUT the biggest sticking point was continuing the pacemaker rigging.  Which brings blackmail as a crime as well. You are very lucky to have Rafe and Kate who have soft spots for you.  
- Roman! What ARE you doing?  Hattie is lovestruck.  And you gave her a big dose of hope there.  Don't be toying with her feelings. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

You are very lucky to have Rafe and Kate who have soft spots for you.  

More like she's very lucky no one ever really pays for their crimes in Salem lol. I mean when Abigail can murder someone and attempt to murder 3 other people, Ben can murder 3 people, and Kristen can, well, do any of the shit she's done and all of them are free as a bird and we're expected to root for them then what Gabi did is literally nothing in the eyes of Salem law enforcement. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, Katy M said:

She's about 5 or 6 years older than me and I remember when I was in high school that I wanted to look just like her.  And I wanted a boyfriend like Frankie.  And a doughnut-making grandmother like Alice.  Hmm, apparently I just wanted to be Jennifer.

Paging Dr Rolf!  Paging Dr Rolf!

While there have been plenty of stupid plot points along the way, I'm still enjoying Steve as Stefano as a kind of philosophical experiment on identity.  I liked that Stefano told Kayla that Steve was on his way back to her, the look of sadness on her face, and then that she attempted to appeal to Steve in the same way that Shawn tried with Hope, it's just that MBE and SN are better actors.  The writing is too flimsy to explore things with much depth but I'm still fascinated with how one might react to a loved one's face with another's consciousness.  It seems to me that we take many things for granted when we see a familiar face, and that would be upended in a situation like this.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

In yesterday's episode we got a lovely conversation between Kate and Gabi and now in today's episode we got to see Will and Sonny showing obvious worry and concern for Gabi and I'm just grateful she still has people in her corner.  And of course the Will/Sonny scenes were fraught with all of Will's unsaid drama and pain regarding Adrienne's death and Maggie's role in it--DAMN!!

The Kristen/Brady conversation regarding Tate and Theresa threw me off--did Kristen actually give Theresa the benefit of the doubt?  That Theresa probably got Tate tested "to save Maggie's granddaughter?"  Which was right after Brady said that "Theresa 'fessed up" like she's done something illegal?  

And then we have Xander and Victor who have orchestrated so much misery, still sitting around and trying to plot around all of their misdeeds and bad acts--I can not wait for all of their crap to be exposed.

• Love 7
On 2/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, bannana said:

This is what I think.  It would be pretty difficult to prove attempted murder based on a phone that could not murder anyone.  Regardless of that, I think this would be a difficult crime to prove.  I mean, people get off when they commit actual crimes like murder and attempted murder.  Gabi can get some hotshot lawyer and she will get off.  But, everyone in town will know what she did and Julie will harangue her forever, which would be like a prison sentence.

It pains me that when Lani told JJ, he didn't go to Gabi and talk to her.  Especially after what she did for him.  Instead he set her up.

Can we expect any difference from anything Horton,.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

In yesterday's episode we got a lovely conversation between Kate and Gabi and now in today's episode we got to see Will and Sonny showing obvious worry and concern for Gabi and I'm just grateful she still has people in her corner.  And of course the Will/Sonny scenes were fraught with all of Will's unsaid drama and pain regarding Adrienne's death and Maggie's role in it--DAMN!!

The Kristen/Brady conversation regarding Tate and Theresa threw me off--did Kristen actually give Theresa the benefit of the doubt?  That Theresa probably got Tate tested "to save Maggie's granddaughter?"  Which was right after Brady said that "Theresa 'fessed up" like she's done something illegal?  

And then we have Xander and Victor who have orchestrated so much misery, still sitting around and trying to plot around all of their misdeeds and bad acts--I can not wait for all of their crap to be exposed.

Soon Xander will be with Gabi and his life destroyed just like Gabi.

• Love 2
On 2/19/2020 at 10:53 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

Where is JJ going?  I must of forgot to take my finger off of the fast-forward button for that scene.  Ooops.  

On 2/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, boes said:

He's off to Africa with the family for Bill's funeral.

Unless you follow things "behind the scenes", you wouldn't know JJ wasn't coming back to Salem. So that makes it sadder, since he doesn't even get a goodbye with his family. 😢

So today, even as a CIN fan, I was like "just go will you, Ben", and the longer they stalled, the more it was obvious Rafe would show up at the door.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Unless you follow things "behind the scenes", you wouldn't know JJ wasn't coming back to Salem. So that makes it sadder, since he doesn't even get a goodbye with his family. 😢

I didn't say he's not coming back.  He and Abigail and Jenn and Jack were going to Cape Town for Bill Horton's funeral.

• Love 4

Ciara and Ben need to read ‘Prison Breaks 4 Dummies”.  You do NOT lounge in bed at your temporary safe house until your unwilling landlord pounds on your door.  You leave in the dark of night!!   And then Ciara kept stalling!!!   Grow the f*ck up.  Romeo and Juliet are theorized to have been 13 years old.  They have an excuse for being stupid and dawdling.  And yet Romeo left before the dawn.  

*shakes head*

Those two don’t deserve the risk Chad took.  

Yay for the bone marrow match!

Loved the Wilson conversation.  

Is Rafe the only detective in the Salem PD?   Chasing Ben, building a case against his sister, trying to find a kidnapped Kayla. ehy don’t you call Lani & Eli Cabo to take some of the load.  

I enjoyed Bristen and Xarah today.  Nice couple chemistry in both stories.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, SueB said:

Ciara and Ben need to read ‘Prison Breaks 4 Dummies”.  You do NOT lounge in bed at your temporary safe house until your unwilling landlord pounds on your door.  You leave in the dark of night!!   And then Ciara kept stalling!!!   Grow the f*ck up.  Romeo and Juliet are theorized to have been 13 years old.  They have an excuse for being stupid and dawdling.  And yet Romeo left before the dawn.  

*shakes head*

Those two don’t deserve the risk Chad took.  

Yay for the bone marrow match!

Loved the Wilson conversation.  

Is Rafe the only detective in the Salem PD?   Chasing Ben, building a case against his sister, trying to find a kidnapped Kayla. ehy don’t you call Lani & Eli Cabo to take some of the load.  

I enjoyed Bristen and Xarah today.  Nice couple chemistry in both stories.  

Agree 100% except for Bristen.  I just can't with those two. 

And yes, it's Valentine's day, but why isn't Roman out helping find his sister - especially since he used to be a cop so should know at least a few things?  And shouldn't John and Marlena be looking for Stevano?  Since THEY are both safe, they can't be bothered to help anyone else?  Apparently, it's more important to them to get frisky.  I get it, Rafe is apparently the ONLY cop left on the Salem PD, but WHY isn't he asking for help finding Kayla?  Almost everyone in town has a connection to her.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, SueB said:

Lani and Eli are not cops any more. They had individually quit some time during the middle of the time jump. So with Hope being Gina, Rafe is the only cop on the force.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Lani and Eli are not cops any more. They had individually quit some time during the middle of the time jump. So with Hope being Gina, Rafe is the only cop on the force.

Yes, but desperate times... deputize some of these dudes!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

How can the city of Salem have only one detective? Budget cuts? Surely there are some beat cops who can do some searching and help out with the cases. Not like Salem is a case a week town.

Ben and Ciara, you should not have been stalling and thinking - you should have been gone by 7 am. Sucks to be you two lunkheads. Yeah, the Gatehouse (your former address) may be searched. Chad easily could have said he's looked at the Gatehouse and found nothing. But nope, he lied. At least Nancy Drew and the not so Hardy Boy have a new suspect - the baby daddy.

Brady, your Uncle Vic had every right to call up Theresa to see if Tate is a match. Anyone in the family, and most folks under 35. No reason to really question him on it.

Nice of you to lie about the prison taking the divorce papers, Will.

Yay, the baby has a match.

• Love 4

As I said I don't agree with what Gabi did but I honestly, I detest Julie with her holier than thou attitude. 

No one in Salem should ever have a holier than thou attitude. I mean seriously hypocrites r us should be the town motto.

Can they charge Gabi with attempted murder if she never actually had to ability to murder Julie?  What really did she do, push a useless button on her phone?

It seems like it would be tough to prove but then again when has this soap cared one bit about laws or slight reality?!? We currently are being 'entertained' by two brain chipped people. Two! And a serial killer is a romantic lead. I can't even believe I typed that sentence!

I am over Stevano and Gina. Just make it stop already.

I may be all alone, but I still like Gabi and even though she's allegedly the most evil evil that ever eviled, I'd rather watch her over Abby, Lani and the ever tiresome Julie.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 9

Ben and Ciara's lub is so deep and so special that I hope the police recognize that and send Ciara to jail with Ben, they deserve to be together.  Maybe they can get a Last Meal for Two?  A final Happy Meal, and supersize it!

I do like how Ciara carefully chose her words when she said, "I'm not going to let you be executed for a murder YOU DIDN'T DO".  Unlike the three and attempted fourth he did do, huh?  

Fast Forward is a wonderful invention.

How thrilling it must be for Theresa to hear that Brady is back together with the woman who stole her fetus and tried to raise it as her own?  Have they decided exactly what Tate should call her?  Auntie Incubator? Psycho Granny?  Krazy Kristen?  I think it's going to be a little tougher to blend this family together than most.

After the truth comes out, I hope Brady dumps Victor out of his wheelchair and lets him flail around like a turtle on it's back.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, boes said:

I do like how Ciara carefully chose her words when she said, "I'm not going to let you be executed for a murder YOU DIDN'T DO".  Unlike the three and attempted fourth he did do, huh?  

Ben also tried to kill Marlena and almost killed Chad even if the show likes to forget about those incidents as if they were nothing. You would think that he was a Horton Princess.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, boes said:

How thrilling it must be for Theresa to hear that Brady is back together with the woman who stole her fetus and tried to raise it as her own?  Have they decided exactly what Tate should call her?  Auntie Incubator? Psycho Granny?  Krazy Kristen?  I think it's going to be a little tougher to blend this family together than most.

Yes, if I were Theresa my response would be "You know that kid you hope to see again?  You will never be allowed alone with him until he's 47.  Clearly you, like your father before you, have no defenses against this psychopath and I can't take the chance of you continuing the cycle with our son."

1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

No one in Salem should ever have a holier than thou attitude. I mean seriously hypocrites r us should be the town motto.

I may be all alone, but I still like Gabi and even though she's allegedly the most evil evil that ever eviled, I'd rather watch her over Abby, Lani and the ever tiresome Julie.

Love the town motto.  I can already see it next to the "Welcome to Salem" sign.

And can I sit on the Gabi bench with you?  I know we're supposed to think she's EVIL but at least she's amusing.  And she owns her shit.

Edited by DaphneCat
Punctuation makes a difference.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
59 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm not sure there's a trope that makes me grind my teeth more than the one where writers try to get audience sympathy for someone who should be in jail or otherwise pay for the things they've done by having him/her framed or otherwise unjustly accused of something else. This latest iteration with Ben is working no better on me than any other.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brady, your Uncle Vic had every right to call up Theresa to see if Tate is a match. Anyone in the family, and most folks under 35. No reason to really question him on it.

Make that Grandpa Vic. (Victor's daughter, Isabella, being Brady's mom, of course!)

• Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

You're on fire @Boes! But THIS comment... I hadn't even thought of that.  How I wish Theresa was on the show.  Her response would be so very very perfect.  Every other sentence... 

OTOH, since Bristin has happened the best thing for Theresa and Tate is to stay in California.  I hope she finds love with a nice, stable, guy who loves her 'as is'.  I don't think she could be around Brady without old feelings getting dredged up.  First, he really DID support her turn around and her talent at design.  Second, he must be hung like a horse (sorry for the crudeness but it's not his brains, and he comes with some serious control issues).  But he also dumped her for her SISTER and now the psycho who violated her at an epic level.  Just... stay away Theresa honey.

Hey... I GOT IT.  When JJ comes back from Africa he should move out to California and he and Theresa can hook up.  THAT would be good for both of them.  He's not exactly stable but he can recover again.  Further, he's genuinely a good guy and they have amazing chemistry. Plus they need EMTs everywhere. Yes.  This is my new wish.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, SueB said:

Hey... I GOT IT.  When JJ comes back from Africa he should move out to California and he and Theresa can hook up.  THAT would be good for both of them.  He's not exactly stable but he can recover again.  Further, he's genuinely a good guy and they have amazing chemistry. Plus they need EMTs everywhere. Yes.  This is my new wish.  

I have personally decided to just head canon this and it is now fact for me so!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And can I sit on the Gabi bench with you?  I know we're supposed to think she's EVIL but at least she's amusing.  And she owns her shit.

May I join you on this bench?  I know Gabi has done some terrible things but I find her actions somewhat justified and yes, she's damn amusing--CB brings it 🙂

1 hour ago, SueB said:

You're on fire @Boes! But THIS comment... I hadn't even thought of that.  How I wish Theresa was on the show.  Her response would be so very very perfect.  Every other sentence... 

OTOH, since Bristin has happened the best thing for Theresa and Tate is to stay in California.  I hope she finds love with a nice, stable, guy who loves her 'as is'.  I don't think she could be around Brady without old feelings getting dredged up.  First, he really DID support her turn around and her talent at design.  Second, he must be hung like a horse (sorry for the crudeness but it's not his brains, and he comes with some serious control issues).  But he also dumped her for her SISTER and now the psycho who violated her at an epic level.  Just... stay away Theresa honey.

SueB, I totally support this wish and I truly hope it happens 🙂 Theresa and JJ deserve to have some happiness in their lives,--DAYS writers, make it so 🙂

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I'm not sure there's a trope that makes me grind my teeth more than the one where writers try to get audience sympathy for someone who should be in jail or otherwise pay for the things they've done by having him/her framed or otherwise unjustly accused of something else. This latest iteration with Ben is working no better on me than any other.

I'm with you. "Oh, oh, but -- he's a different person now!" Uh, not unless they've perfected gene splicing, he's not. This is no time for metaphor, dearie. (I'm borrowing that from Doug.) 

I think Kate is Gabi's friend only intermittently, and within certain limits, though she's better placed than most to have that conversation in the police station. Hey, maybe Kate will serve as a sign of hope for Gabi, since Kate seems to have rehabilitated herself and to have at least functional relationships with most people in town (even if (Ex-Commissioner) Grandpa Mumbleteeth Roman seems to be kind of bitter still), despite her own criminal exploits. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

think Kate is Gabi's friend only intermittently, and within certain limits, though she's better placed than most to have that conversation in the police station.

Gabi is the mother of her great-grandchild. Although, Sami being the mother of her grandchild never got her any Kate-love.

• Love 6