Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

That article is an interesting take, IMO — there does seem to be a bit of ebb and flow when it comes to scripted vs. unscripted TV. Though I’m not sure how even unscripted TV would get made during this pandemic; the shows still being made from what I can see (and I don’t have cable, so it’s not much) is the scripted talk shows. I would think that anything scripted and currently airing was shot before all this began.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, Kdawg82 said:

how she went on a practically out of breath tangent (as is normal for her) about social media & how people portray themselves as better than or above others & everything is fake lashes & fake filters & real life is what matters.

Exactly.  Everything, for me, is false eyelashes, face filters, and social media. Completely relatable.

17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She needs an assistant to tell her what shows to watch?

5 hours ago, izabella said:

So, she is looking for unpaid interns to do her scut work and manage her staged social media accounts?  Lol

Only if they are willing to be mocked and humiliated on national TV.

(And Beth, button up your shirt)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

It's like she lives in some kind of perpetual marketing bubble. She's so wrapped up in what's trending and popular, does she have any actual interests of her own?... other than being trendy and popular?

Going to court to never finalize a divorce? Other than that, I have nothing.

Married in 2010,  Filed for divorce in 2013, it is now 2020 🙀

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I bought my son a ukulele for his birthday.  He’s like Ferris Bueller with it.  Fuck Brynn and her mom.  All the sympathy to the Uber driver.  At least I only subject myself to my kid’s bullshit🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Going to court to never finalize a divorce? Other than that, I have nothing.

Married in 2010,  Filed for divorce in 2013, it is now 2020 🙀

Man I feel bad for Jason. She’s a lying liar who lies, and I’ve never believed the filth she’s spewed about him to garner pity for herself. I’m sure they had some nasty arguments and said some nasty things, and who wouldn’t under the circumstances.

Bethenny and Kate Gosselin are cut from the same toxic cloth.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 20

I'm literally watching the Scary Island reruns and Kelly SLAYS Bethenny and says that Bethnny tries to make people feel bad so she can feel better. THEN she says to Bethennys face:  "You're vindictive and malicious and cunning and deceitful, and it's creepy." 

It is beautiful. Kelly knew. Bethenny is all of it. 

• Love 14
On 4/8/2020 at 5:47 PM, SweetieDarling said:

from the article:

Maybe they felt you insulted them and gave them the proverbial middle finger by leaving the show without saying anything to any of them. Just sayin'

1000x this.

On 4/12/2020 at 7:14 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

And the chaser - 

This sounds as if it was written by someone at Bravo - if not Andy himself - and submitted anonymously.   

I've always felt Betheny is a one-hit wonder.  And I'd honestly have to go back to the original concept of Skinny Girl cocktails to see if that was even her idea.  Didn't LuAnne suggest it or something?  Even if it was her idea, she's only had that one seriously large success.  It was a good one, but it doesn't make her the business mogul she purports to be.

What Betheny is good at is getting from Point A to Point B.  Logistics #1 then production and marketing (with tons of help and guidance I'm sure).  This is probably why she's good at fundraising and such.  She doesn't have to come up with an idea at all, but she can run the football past the goal posts  

On 4/19/2020 at 8:27 AM, SweetieDarling said:

It's like she lives in some kind of perpetual marketing bubble. She's so wrapped up in what's trending and popular, does she have any actual interests of her own?... other than being trendy and popular?

Betheny started out wanting to be an actress.   I remember Paul Rudd joked that all actors like attention - which makes sense given the nature of the art and which I have no problems with. 

Bethenny never made it as an actress and she has to find ways to keep herself in the spotlight or she'll wither away like a dehdrating plant or something,

And, I'm ok with BF needing the media...seems normal for those who crave attention. 

It's all the ego, bad-mouthing, and me/me/me in the process that I find offensive.

The funny thing about BF is that she's sort of a one-hit wonder in the entertainment realm as well.  RHNY has been it.   

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I've always felt Betheny is a one-hit wonder.  And I'd honestly have to go back to the original concept of Skinny Girl cocktails to see if that was even her idea.  Didn't LuAnne suggest it or something?  Even if it was her idea, she's only had that one seriously large success.  It was a good one, but it doesn't make her the business mogul she purports to be.

Oh God, don't let Bethenny hear you say that.

My recollection is that Bethenny came up with it, but that Luann was with her in the scene where Bethenny first promoted it on the show and that Lu thereafter ran with it saying that she helped come up with it.  The fact that Lu has never sued Bethenny for some of that skinny girl money is, I think, proof that she didn't have anything to do with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Steph J said:

Oh God, don't let Bethenny hear you say that.

My recollection is that Bethenny came up with it, but that Luann was with her in the scene where Bethenny first promoted it on the show and that Lu thereafter ran with it saying that she helped come up with it.  The fact that Lu has never sued Bethenny for some of that skinny girl money is, I think, proof that she didn't have anything to do with it.

I recall a scene with the two of them and Luanne said to Bethenny "you should bottle that" and that was the moment.  I'm sure the idea of low-cal cocktails had been around long before, though.   I'd have to go back and watch from before the idea was even on the show to get a better sense of where Betheny was at with things, but my recollection (easily fallible) is that Bethenny had a germ of an idea and Luanne's suggestion is what made it all click.

But, I don't think Luanne could rightfully say the entire concept was hers, and even if it was, it might be a matter of Betheny getting recipes and trademarks, etc. without Luanne such that Luanne really wouldn't be involved at all on paper....and how would one prove the idea was hers and not B's?   BUT ... I do think there is a story here, and I do think Luanne is the one that nudged Betheny's light switch upwards to the on position.

Those two have always been at odds a bit.  I'm not sure this was all of it, but I think it was at least one very big wedge between them that they couldn't overcome. 

I can't help but wonder if Betheny paid for Luanne's stint in rehab as a small unspoken gesture of "I owe you one".

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

I'm literally watching the Scary Island reruns and Kelly SLAYS Bethenny and says that Bethnny tries to make people feel bad so she can feel better. THEN she says to Bethennys face:  "You're vindictive and malicious and cunning and deceitful, and it's creepy." 

It is beautiful. Kelly knew. Bethenny is all of it. 

Nah, Kelly was just a batshit nutso who slayed herself. Or was on drugs. Or both.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I can't help but wonder if Betheny paid for Luanne's stint in rehab as a small unspoken gesture of "I owe you one".

Apparently, Frankel misrepresented that  - she did help Luann get free rehab from the network, but she didn't actually pay a penny herself:

“She helped, but the network actually paid for that. So I want to clarify that,” she told People Now. The reality star went on to say, “[Bethenny] helped make that happen, absolutely, and I give her credit for that.” She added, “But the network covered that for me, which is great.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/rhony-how-did-bethenny-frankel-get-luann-de-lesseps-rehab-for-free.html/

Good to see you around the boards,  Jex - hope you and yours are doing well in these bizarre times!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Nah, Kelly was just a batshit nutso who slayed herself. Or was on drugs. Or both.

100% disagree being more of the same age as B than the other wives Kelly full well knew her from around town.  She saw it first and was fully aware of what we know now. She is a motor mouth, obnoxious hustler.

9 hours ago, Jextella said:

And I'd honestly have to go back to the original concept of Skinny Girl cocktails to see if that was even her idea.  Didn't LuAnne suggest it or something?  Even if it was her idea, she's only had that one seriously large success.  It was a good one, but it doesn't make her the business mogul she purports to be.  

It was her mothers idea. She discussed it somewhere,  her mom and her god mother used to make them out of calorie con sciousness. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

100% disagree being more of the same age as B than the other wives Kelly full well knew her from around town.  She saw it first and was fully aware of what we know now. She is a motor mouth, obnoxious hustler.

Kelly knew nothing, she was nuts with all the other women as well, and was beyond any reasonable thinking and thought process. Even Andy called her out at the reunion for not being all there ("Bravo forced me to go on that trip!" "Uh, no, we didn't"). Other people might retroactively claim to see what Bethanny was all along, but cuckoo for cocoa puffs Kelly was definitely not some modern day Cassandra.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Kelly knew nothing, she was nuts with all the other women as well, and was beyond any reasonable thinking and thought process. Even Andy called her out at the reunion for not being all there ("Bravo forced me to go on that trip!" "Uh, no, we didn't"). Other people might retroactively claim to see what Bethanny was all along, but cuckoo for cocoa puffs Kelly was definitely not some modern day Cassandra.

I think Kelly can be right about Bethenny and be off kilter at the same time. 

I saw thru her the second she said she didn't have parents and wove her arc, letting Jill & other people who helped her believe she was an orphan. Bethenny had so much privilege growing up because of her dads fame and his access to extreme wealth, and by that let's not forget, top 1% of the 1% wealth. I didn't see it retroactively. Kelly was just trying to say, in her one of a kind way, what is true. 

• Love 21

Kelly also argued forever about whether Bethanny was a cook or a chef and God knows what else, thought Alex was some weird kabuki vampire out to get her, and dreamed Bethanny was literally trying to kill her. I'd take anything Kelly said with a mountain range of salt.

I mean, she freaked out when Bethanny have her a branded gift bag, like, do what the rest of us do and pour that shit down the drain and re-use the gift bag for hauling items when you're taking a trip to a convenience store or whatever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, film noire said:

Good to see you around the boards,  Jex - hope you and yours are doing well in these bizarre times!

Thanks, Film Noire!  This was a nice message to read this morning - especially after skimming today's headlines which continue to demoralize.  I wish the same to you - and everyone, really.

I mostly lurk where other Bravo shows are concerned now-a-days.  I think I've aged out of alot of them - Vanderpump Rules, Summer House, and Below Deck.  And RH and MTM have become too toxic for my tastes.  I tune in to many here and there to keep up, but I can't seem to sit through full episodes.

I'm still in for NYC, though, - especially with Bethenny gone.  They still bring the fun, and the cast is a more relatable demographic for me 🙂.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, Jextella said:

I recall a scene with the two of them and Luanne said to Bethenny "you should bottle that" and that was the moment.  I'm sure the idea of low-cal cocktails had been around long before, though.   I'd have to go back and watch from before the idea was even on the show to get a better sense of where Betheny was at with things, but my recollection (easily fallible) is that Bethenny had a germ of an idea and Luanne's suggestion is what made it all click.

I guess where we differ is that I've always thought that conversation was scripted for the purpose of promoting a product that Bethenny was already trying to get off the ground. It's been ages since I've actually seen that scene and I couldn't find a clip, so maybe I'm misremembering, but from what I recall Bethenny already had the name. They sit down for lunch and Bethenny orders a skinnygirl margarita and then explains what it is. I don't think that someone who hustles as hard as Bethenny (especially as hard as she did back then when she was the group's "poor relation") would reveal the branding, etc. and risk someone else taking the name and idea if she didn't already have that shit locked down and trademarked.

7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

It was her mothers idea. She discussed it somewhere,  her mom and her god mother used to make them out of calorie con sciousness. 

But I thought Bethenny was raised by wolves?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Kelly also argued forever about whether Bethanny was a cook or a chef and God knows what else, thought Alex was some weird kabuki vampire out to get her, and dreamed Bethanny was literally trying to kill her. I'd take anything Kelly said with a mountain range of salt.

I mean, she freaked out when Bethanny have her a branded gift bag, like, do what the rest of us do and pour that shit down the drain and re-use the gift bag for hauling items when you're taking a trip to a convenience store or whatever.

I would agree that anxiety knows where Kelly lives and vice versa. And Bethenny is what she is.

3 hours ago, Steph J said:

I guess where we differ is that I've always thought that conversation was scripted for the purpose of promoting a product that Bethenny was already trying to get off the ground. It's been ages since I've actually seen that scene and I couldn't find a clip, so maybe I'm misremembering, but from what I recall Bethenny already had the name. They sit down for lunch and Bethenny orders a skinnygirl margarita and then explains what it is. I don't think that someone who hustles as hard as Bethenny (especially as hard as she did back then when she was the group's "poor relation") would reveal the branding, etc. and risk someone else taking the name and idea if she didn't already have that shit locked down and trademarked.

But I thought Bethenny was raised by wolves?

I felt like Luann was all "IIIIIIII, the Countess, invited you for drinks and gave you the opportuuuunity (say in Countessy voice) to showcase yourself, lowly Bethenny" like the queen granting an audience.  That's why Luann claims to have been there for "it" at the beginning. Back then they were all the head bitches in charge and B was a whippersnapper. And well, Alex was from Brooklyn. 

Yah. Exactly. She went on and on about not having parents. Jill said she thought she was an orphan for the longest time.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would agree that anxiety knows where Kelly lives and vice versa. And Bethenny is what she is.

Kelly is what she is and Bethenny is what she is. They are both awful in their own special ways.

• Love 13

Bethenny had two things going for her that made the alcohol brand take off:

• She came out with an alcohol beverage geared toward women at just the right time.

• She could push it on the show every week for free, no advertising needed.

These days there are a plethora of alcoholic drinks, seltzer’s, etc., geared toward women.  She once said that Ditty and the Queen B where the first to offer cocktails ready mixed in a bottle.  That was completely untrue.  My dad use to buy those in the 80’s because he was a terrible bartender.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 4/22/2020 at 6:56 AM, Hiyo said:

Kelly knew nothing, she was nuts with all the other women as well, and was beyond any reasonable thinking and thought process. 

...unlike Bethenny - who yammered on about a dead man leaving her messages on a hotel pad & luring her to the great beyond amidst a finned fish crisis? ; )

On 4/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, Jextella said:

I wish the same to you - and everyone, really.

Amen, Jex - to all, a good day (indoors!)

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

unlike Bethenny - who yammered on about a dead man leaving her messages on a hotel pad & luring her to the great beyond amidst a finned fish crisis? ; )

Compared to Kelly, that still sounds pretty sane.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Hell, even my ex-boyfriend from 12 years ago claimed to invent the skinny margarita (mortifying).

I always liked KKB, off kilter moments and all. The whole point of cook vs. chef was she was rightfully calling Bethenny out on her bullshit of making herself up to be more than she is, and to date, that has never changed. 

The same ex-boyfriend used to claim he was a professional chef because he spent a few years at Johnson and Wales. The extent of his experience was cooking omelets at the local Ramada. Yeah.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

always liked KKB, off kilter moments and all. The whole point of cook vs. chef was she was rightfully calling Bethenny out on her bullshit of making herself up to be more than she is, and to date, that has never changed. 

Meh, was Kelly ever a model?  I know she had a famous husband but she was bat shit crazy.  I would say B was more a cheft than K was a model.  As a runner, I still laugh at Kelly running around Manhattan with loose long hair.  Ugh, no thanks. 

Beth is fine.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, albarino said:

Meh, was Kelly ever a model?  I know she had a famous husband but she was bat shit crazy.  I would say B was more a cheft than K was a model.  As a runner, I still laugh at Kelly running around Manhattan with loose long hair.  Ugh, no thanks. 

Beth is fine.

I don’t know, I have that issue of Playboy with KKB on the cover; she did a good job posing for that. And it was tasteful. I’d rather see her with no clothes on than Bethenny who looks like a hairless cat 😊

• Love 8

I don’t know, I have that issue of Playboy with KKB on the cover; she did a good job posing for that. And it was tasteful. I’d rather see her with no clothes on than Bethenny who looks like a hairless cat 😊

Hey, agree to disagree.  NO problems with that.  I've never seen KKB in Playboy and I remember Ramona asking her if she got her boobs fixed so there was probably an issue with them.  No worries; KKB needed a brain transplant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The whole point of cook vs. chef was she was rightfully calling Bethenny out on her bullshit of making herself up to be more than she is

But why is it even Kelly's fucking business what Bethenny called herself? The other women seemed to enjoy her food, and that's what matters.

I've never seen KKB in Playboy and I remember Ramona asking her if she got her boobs fixed so there was probably an issue with them.

Was the Playboy thing before or after Kelly ended with her lopsided tits?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, film noire said:

- and a ton more ugly events discussed in this thread I've forgotten - Frankel long ago left behind any right to occupy the mental high ground when it comes to KKB, imo.

I just rewatched the S11 Miami trip where Bethenny went insane at one point and started screaming at Luann.  Mid-rant she said "My boyfriend, my fiance, my man, whatever" talking about Dennis.  Oh boy either she did that all for the cameras or she had really lost her mind at one point.  Some of the women thought Beth was about to have a heart attack.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I just rewatched the S11 Miami trip where Bethenny went insane at one point and started screaming at Luann.  Mid-rant she said "My boyfriend, my fiance, my man, whatever" talking about Dennis.  Oh boy either she did that all for the cameras or she had really lost her mind at one point.  Some of the women thought Beth was about to have a heart attack.

It's hard to tell with her if it's her being a nutcase or just creating drama for the cameras. Likely both. One thing for sure, that weird night with Cookie having seizures was bizarre. I honestly thought she was high on something. Poor Bryn had to witness that scene. Must have been terrifying for her. After freaking out on her instagram, the only real person that she could call upon for in person support was her paid driver. That was Kelly level crazy for sure, and then she had the nerve to snicker at Tinsley's reaction to her dog dying. 

Now that she has no camera time, and there will be a long lapse until anything much happens with her new show. The Big Shot is going to turn into The Longshot.  I suspect that within the next few weeks she is going to suffer major withdrawal from media attention. The BStrong theme seems to have lost it's momentum. Her instagram story posts of her dogs and her wearing pajamas with no makeup just aren't going to be enough to keep her in the news. She is going to need to find Some Thing to put her back in the media. She must be a PR person's nightmare. 

The more that people talk about RHONY, good or bad, the more she will be feeling left out. The less press that she gets, good or bad, the more desperate she will become. I suspect that she will resort to contraversy. It may not end well for her.

Edited to add: Funny, after I posted this I checked her twitter. She's starting already. People are accusing her of faking the Instagram message from the Chinese woman.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Classic “narcissistic rage.”

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

What message?

On a recent tweet that she sent out, she is saying that she received an instagram message from a Chinese woman who said that she is feeling hated by Americans. Of course this led to a whole bunch of contraversial responses on her twitter.

Now she's announcing that she is on Tik Tok since she's not getting enough attention on Instagram and Twitter. Just another ploy to put her face out there since nothing is currently happening in her life. All has gone fairly quiet on the BStrong front in recent days and her new show is a looooong way off. She's pissed that RHONY is getting attention and she's not part of it.

Also, I think she can't see her boyfriend and she is probably sending him videos of "You Don't Send Me Flowers Anymore".

I must admit, her antics are amusing, but in a most pathetic way. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

Usually I am a not a Bethenny supporter, but I have to say that I am really concerned about her. Recently she looks more like 59 rather than 49. The dark circles under her eyes. She has aged so much. It's terrible and I am shocked at the change in her appearance.

I haven't seen the Covid situation take such a toll on anyone else like I have on her. I'm starting to feel for Bethenny. Never thought I would feel sorry for her, but here we are.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Usually I am a not a Bethenny supporter, but I have to say that I am really concerned about her. Recently she looks more like 59 rather than 49. The dark circles under her eyes. She has aged so much. It's terrible and I am shocked at the change in her appearance.

I haven't seen the Covid situation take such a toll on anyone else like I have on her. I'm starting to feel for Bethenny. Never thought I would feel sorry for her, but here we are.

She’s had the dark circles for awhile, but maybe recently only started to feel comfortable showing them. I’ve had them since I was a kid, they suck. I can get enough sleep but they’re there permanently. IMO she plays up those insta stories with the frizzy hair and all. 

• Love 7
On 4/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, Hiyo said:

But why is it even Kelly's fucking business what Bethenny called herself? The other women seemed to enjoy her food, and that's what matters.

Because Bethenny is like that with everyone. She couldn't let Ramona have her new beginning party after the Mario breakup without beating it into the ground and not letting it go. I re-watched that episode recently and Bethenny was so laser focused on putting Ramona down and droning on and on with her questions. She was suuuuuuuch a massive bitch. Let Ramona have her party and heal in her own way already. 

On the Brooklyn Bridge walk, Ramona was 100% right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 4/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, chewycandy said:

She’s had the dark circles for awhile, but maybe recently only started to feel comfortable showing them. I’ve had them since I was a kid, they suck. I can get enough sleep but they’re there permanently. IMO she plays up those insta stories with the frizzy hair and all. 

Or, in these uncertain times of social distancing, she has no makeup people to spackle the circles away.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 4/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, Happy Camper said:

“I used to work in Beverly Hills as a hostess right around the [1988] writers’ strike, and I remember feeling like reality TV was borne out of that lack of scripted content, and then reality TV became an explosion” Frankel said on Yahoo Finance live on Wednesday. “More recently, scripted television has completely exploded... There’s so much content, I need an assistant just to tell me what shows I should be watching. So I think now [amid coronavirus], it’s the unscripted shows—run-and-gun types of shows that can just pick up a camera, do things at home—that’s why cooking is so huge right now, because people can just get their ingredients together, pick up a camera, and provide great content. I think it’s going to be a very interesting shift that will last for a long time, based on people being at home.”

Why are these regarded as insights and reflections? First, Bethenny may have been in the LA area in 2001 during the strike that actually pushed reality tv to the forefront, not the one in 1988 - but pretty much any actor, writer or executive was spouting this while it was happening almost 20 years ago. Second, anyone who claims to be involved in charity work and jokes about their assistants can have several seats.

Third, picking up a camera? Easy. Creating great content? Not so much. There are a few chefs right now providing worthwhile videos, but our world is changing. Quit trying to market to it for a minute and trust that you don't know everything.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:56 AM, Hiyo said:

Kelly knew nothing, she was nuts with all the other women as well, and was beyond any reasonable thinking and thought process. Even Andy called her out at the reunion for not being all there ("Bravo forced me to go on that trip!" "Uh, no, we didn't"). 

"I WAS forced, Andy. Thank you so much." I rewatched that reunion recently and KKB's narcissistic denial still kills me.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, Steph J said:

I guess where we differ is that I've always thought that conversation was scripted for the purpose of promoting a product that Bethenny was already trying to get off the ground. It's been ages since I've actually seen that scene and I couldn't find a clip, so maybe I'm misremembering, but from what I recall Bethenny already had the name. They sit down for lunch and Bethenny orders a skinnygirl margarita and then explains what it is. I don't think that someone who hustles as hard as Bethenny (especially as hard as she did back then when she was the group's "poor relation") would reveal the branding, etc. and risk someone else taking the name and idea if she didn't already have that shit locked down

This. Bethenny ordered the drink by name then clearly explained the recipe more than once during the first season at Phillipe, where she knew the owner or had some kind of arrangement. Like, who does that unless they're marketing the item? Or am I supposed to sit at a random restaurant and order a Chicktini ('It's dry gin, prosecco and raspberry puree with crushed spiced beer nuts around the rim to bring out the juniper') and expect them to complement my invention?

Slightly o/t when Denise Richards orders a casamigos on RHBH I lose my damn mind. It's obvi she has some kind of deal with them or Bravo wouldn't keep airing her repeated requests for it.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, Emmeline said:

Bethenny had two things going for her that made the alcohol brand take off:

• She came out with an alcohol beverage geared toward women at just the right time.

• She could push it on the show every week for free, no advertising needed.

These days there are a plethora of alcoholic drinks, seltzer’s, etc., geared toward women.  She once said that Ditty and the Queen B where the first to offer cocktails ready mixed in a bottle.  That was completely untrue.  My dad use to buy those in the 80’s because he was a terrible bartender.

If Bethenny offered the first bottled mixed drink she must have time travelled back to my high school graduation to get me drunk. That crap has been around forever.

Although I hated the sg cosmo and thought the margarita was only tolerable with a hit of seltzer, I thought the brand would have more staying power in individual bottles/cans. The price point was kind of high considering one could buy a drinkable vodka or tequila for a dollar or two more. Granted I know nothing about shelf stability or packaging and I'm sure Bethenny wanted to think of sg as a sophisticated product, but it really seemed like it was a better fit for the cider-hard tea audience.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Or am I supposed to sit at a random restaurant and order a Chicktini ('It's dry gin, prosecco and raspberry puree with crushed spiced beer nuts around the rim to bring out the juniper') and expect them to complement my invention?

Yummy!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/28/2020 at 7:04 PM, chewycandy said:

I've had them all my life, too. There's a noticeable difference when I use concealer but they're still not 100% covered up.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Or am I supposed to sit at a random restaurant and order a Chicktini ('It's dry gin, prosecco and raspberry puree with crushed spiced beer nuts around the rim to bring out the juniper') and expect them to complement my invention?

Am I turning into a Covidiot? Because that sounds fucking amazing, Chick.

• Love 7
On 5/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, chick binewski said:

Slightly o/t when Denise Richards orders a casamigos on RHBH I lose my damn mind. It's obvi she has some kind of deal with them or Bravo wouldn't keep airing her repeated requests for it.

Could it be because George Clooney and Randy Gerber owned that company for awhile? She could be playing the Hollywood game to get a part and support her family. Marketing is easier than the casting couch...

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Could it be because George Clooney and Randy Gerber owned that company for awhile? She could be playing the Hollywood game to get a part and support her family. Marketing is easier than the casting couch...

There are an awful lot of blind items about Clooney & Gerber to imply their deals are more casting couch-based than financial. But despite that they did sell casamigos a couple of years ago. Google is telling me the pricetag was 1 billion but they may be using skinnygirl math.

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

I'd drink that and I don't even drink. Sounds delicious.

4 hours ago, film noire said:

Am I turning into a Covidiot? Because that sounds fucking amazing, Chick.

23 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Yummy!?

You know, maybe it's from being a shut-in but as I was typing the drink started to sound good (minus the beer nuts). I think Stats Queen may have the most accurate description - yummy with a question mark.

• Love 5