Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

"I am an executor of visions, and I share and impart that information to those who work with me. MGM has been neck-in-neck with me with ideas and their execution. "

Um, Beth, you're not competing with your collaborators:

642213041_ScreenShot2020-02-20at12_23_47AM.thumb.png.e26d7bd43050445196318588432f525c.png

And to suggest that you're at the same level, with respect to television production, as MGM....

Bless yer heart!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've seen multiple people besides myself predict that Bethenny's upcoming projects would be retreads of other shows, not only ones that she's been on, but everything remotely successful on reality tv. My Bethenny Frankel's The Recruit was what I thought her version of The Apprentice would be. She's not nearly the innovator she thinks she is.

Media wise or just in general? Bethenny and Fredrik had middling ratings, but Fredrik vowed to never work with her again. Her radio show didn't last long. Her talk show was canceled. She had to sell her Mercer Street apartment at a significant loss. She's had a ton of failed Skinnygirl products; it's good for her that she licenses Skinnygirl because those product failures would be significant if she was ponying up her own dollars.

Bethenny's programming isn't bringing anyone to HBO Max. We know because they just paid about half a billion for Friends. Greg Berlanti has a $400 million deal with Warner Bros. Berlanti has 21 shows across multiple platforms. Bethenny could surprise us, but the fact that her first project looks like Bethenny presents Bethenny Frankel's Approximation of the Apprentice does not fill me with confidence. 

@HunterHunted  😉You definitely called this one correctly a month ago. 

The "Big Shot" comments on Reddit are, quite frankelly, scathing, and hilarious.  I can sum them all up in one simple word. NOPE. Twitter is luke warm.

Bethenny will sure show her arch nemesis Martha Stewart who's boss now!

I think that she pitched this to Bravo and they politely declined. She's gonna show them who's boss, too, at least for 8 episodes, then what? Will she finally figure it out?  Will she finally settle for a podcast series? Bethenny's Closet? Will we be Rollin' with Bethenny's Snomies? 

I suspect that "The Big Shot with (*STARRING*) Bethenny" will go down in history as "The Last Shot".

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I"m wondering what the assistant's tasks will be.   Didn't she send a former assistant out to buy underwear?   Then there is dog walking, hysterical laughing when the boss repeats a joke ten times (Chillin with my snowmies),  setting up IG photos of B, packing and unpacking outfits for trips.  Anything else? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, weaver said:

I"m wondering what the assistant's tasks will be.   Didn't she send a former assistant out to buy underwear?   Then there is dog walking, hysterical laughing when the boss repeats a joke ten times (Chillin with my snowmies),  setting up IG photos of B, packing and unpacking outfits for trips.  Anything else? 

Fetching tampons.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

For those of you who enjoy the ponies... I just watched a beautifully filmed doc on Amazon Prime titled "Frankel the Superhorse":

https://www.amazon.com/Frankel-Superhorse-Greatest-Racehorse-Time/dp/B01JPHMB5A/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1F3WSBVDQN0BH&keywords=frankel&qid=1582233676&s=instant-video&sprefix=Frankel%2Cinstant-video%2C157&sr=1-1

The horse was named after Bethanny's father - owned by a Saudi bazillionaire, and trained by a "once great but down on his luck" British Aristocrat who hopes to make a comeback while battling cancer.  I loved it.

And it's also useful to appreciate the tragic backdrop for "poor B''s childhood in the wolf den (the film begins with, "This story unfolds in a rarified world"...).  🤣

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Engaged in pathological procrastination,  sharing interesting(!) excerpts from the Reporter article seems, somehow, more urgent than the soul-deadening paperwork that I should be doing:

"I haven’t really had a person that I felt could live and breathe the brand, understand it, and speak as me, make decisions as me, write as me..."

So, in "a decade", you haven't found anyone who  is you understands your brand. Way to make your staff feel great.

"..So the lines are very blurred. And so you will have the opportunity to sit down with people at multi billion dollar companies and talk about brand strategy. But if my dog needs to walk, you’ll walk my dog. There’s nothing I ask anybody to do that I don’t do myself, even now..."

She's lacks any understanding of what a f'd up model that is for business. Only applicants raised in narcissistic family systems need apply...

"...This is a lot of comedy. I’ve been on “The Apprentice,” and my friends when I came off were, like, “Why weren’t you funny?”  This is a lot more showing the personal side, and the warts..."

Oh, no.

"...A very successful, high, high multi-millions of dollars supplement business that’s at Walgreens.."

She's already beginning to sound like the Donald.  Maybe there's not enough oxygen in the penthouse suite.

• Love 14
On 2/20/2020 at 10:17 AM, weaver said:

God parenting? 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:36 PM, OldButHappy said:

For those of you who enjoy the ponies... I just watched a beautifully filmed doc on Amazon Prime titled "Frankel the Superhorse":

https://www.amazon.com/Frankel-Superhorse-Greatest-Racehorse-Time/dp/B01JPHMB5A/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1F3WSBVDQN0BH&keywords=frankel&qid=1582233676&s=instant-video&sprefix=Frankel%2Cinstant-video%2C157&sr=1-1

The horse was named after Bethanny's father - owned by a Saudi bazillionaire, and trained by a "once great but down on his luck" British Aristocrat who hopes to make a comeback while battling cancer.  I loved it.

And it's also useful to appreciate the tragic backdrop for "poor B''s childhood in the wolf den (the film begins with, "This story unfolds in a rarified world"...).  🤣

Frankel the horse’s story is wonderful he is a great extension of the respect had for Robert Frankel. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

But if my dog needs to walk, you’ll walk my dog. There’s nothing I ask anybody to do that I don’t do myself, even now..."

Even now?  The fuck does that mean?  Now that she's the friggin Queen of Vodka?  

Also, apparently there is something you don't do yourself, like walk the fkn dog.

Gawd, she's insufferable.

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Even now?  The fuck does that mean?  Now that she's the friggin Queen of Vodka?  

Also, apparently there is something you don't do yourself, like walk the fkn dog.

Gawd, she's insufferable.

She has certainly outdone LuAnn on the insufferable scale. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Is she really known for developing talent or her business a training ground for people to go onto great things? I mean I know she does some community out reach through her charity B Cool, but I didn’t think she was known for being a mentor.

The show summary says she’s searching for her next C Level executive. But in the interview she said the daily responsibilities would be sitting in on meetings and walking her dogs. Does she think the COO of Spanx takes notes for the CEO silently by their side at meetings, then drives to their home to walk Fido and Bowser and pick up the dog doo doo? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Is she really known for developing talent or her business a training ground for people to go onto great things? I mean I know she does some community out reach through her charity B Cool, but I didn’t think she was known for being a mentor.

The show summary says she’s searching for her next C Level executive. But in the interview she said the daily responsibilities would be sitting in on meetings and walking her dogs. Does she think the COO of Spanx takes notes for the CEO silently by their side at meetings, then drives to their home to walk Fido and Bowser and pick up the dog doo doo? 

The Adderall is no longer effective.

• LOL 6

The Frankel on how her knockoff (cheater brand!) of The  Apprentice is totes different, because of her brand superiority:

" I’m starting on the show with a brand that’s elevated to a different level than he was, real estate notwithstanding."

...your "elevated to a different level"  brand includes selling real estate at a yooge loss and your daughter fondling your breasts to sell shapewear.  Holla!

14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Is she really known for developing talent or her business a training ground for people to go onto great things?

According to Frankel, she provides a training ground to rival an MBA, Petunia!

A couple of years ago,  she tweeted at Page Six that working for her was "an opportunity to rival a business school education". (Nothing says future economic Czar like picking up Biggy's turds.)

Guys, what's the tagline she uses to fire the wahprentices?

GET OFF MY JOCK

GO TO SLEEP

YOU ARE NOT IN A PLACE OF YES

LIFE IS NOT A CABARET

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

"So I had so many ideas for shows, and one of them was to find my successor. The show came out of the need". 

"So long story short, I wanted to find my successor, and I realized that that would be an interesting show".

She is so full of shit. She makes it sound like she is seeking a person to take over her business. There is no way that she would ever let go of any control. The basis of the show is already a lie. She just wants to show herself as the big boss lady delegating "tasks", while humiliating and belittling those poor saps. I can just hear her screeching at them for grabbing her boobs incorrectly.

Against Trump?

"I mean, not against? Because I’d like him to say something, and he probably will. Everyone thinks he’s going to mention it, because he was part of Mark Burnett too, and all that". 

Yes, Bethenny. Everyone. Every single one.

"I was possibly going back, but I just kept thinking: I discussed it with my boyfriend and my friends on beach walks".

"It’s taken me longer to order a pasta dish than just to decide this". 

So she needs a beach walk and discussion with her boyfriend to choose between the lasagna and the rigatoni with vodka sauce?

"I then have to do the show and my real career. So if we’re just showing me having lunches and on vacations, then I’ve got three jobs — because I’ve got to be a mother too".

Yet she has time to capture hours and hours and hours of that on her Instagram.

"And you can’t pay me enough to just have a hysterical meltdown crying right now".

Apparently having hysterical meltdowns and crying pays an astronomical amount.

"I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m starting on the show with a brand that’s elevated to a different level than he was, real estate notwithstanding".

Wow, Bethenny, wow! Nobody can believe you're saying this. LOL.

“Oh my God, why do I have to like write every comma?” Grammar still matters in 2020 to me".

Apples and Skyscrapers Bethenny. Apples and Skyscrapers.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She just wants to show herself as the big boss lady delegating "tasks", while humiliating and belittling those poor saps.

It hasn't occurred to her that it's likely to backfire.  I liked her in the first season when she was the witty David against the Goliath of New York Society - too crude to ever be accepted by the Old Guard, but smart and motivated enough to at least get some respect. But now that she has some dough, mocking what will essentially be a group of her fans will not be a good look.

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Because I’d like him to say something, and he probably will. Everyone thinks he’s going to mention it, because he was part of Mark Burnett too, and all that". 

Yes, Bethenny. Everyone. Every single one.

Seriously - I live out in the boondocks and everyone is talking about it:

Feed Store - everyone was talking about Bethanny: "She's a genius!"

Diner  - everyone was talking about Bethanny: "She's smarter than Trump!"

Target - everyone in the store was talking about Bethanny: "We need MORE Skinnygirl products to buy! We LOVE Bethanny!"  One guy made up a song about her, right in line!

(those poor abuse survivors  scapegoats contestants...)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

OK, I’m a bit out of touch on the latest Bethenny happenings, but why the heck is she getting rid of her Hamptons & Soho joints?  Does she have other places in Manhattan & the Hamptons?

Supermarkets near me (in Manhattan) used to put Skinnygirl sparklers on sale ALL the time.  Now they is gone, gone, gone.  Hmmmm.

Er, just what was the exact amount Bravo was forking over to her that was so “astronomical”?

• Love 5

In the Variety article, she says her brand is bigger than Donald Trump's was during the Apprentice. All current politics, personal feelings on this presidency, and anything political about him these days, aside -- he clearly had a "brand" during those carefree Apprentice days. But Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl is bigger than the "Trump" brand was at the time - she's crazy.

from the Variety article:

Those weren’t Trump’s businesses. Trump at that time, I think, had a vodka, maybe a water and suits at Macy’s, if I’m correct. And that can show you that even the president can have brands that don’t succeed. But I’m going into the show with over 10 brands that are succeeding, from apparel, to popcorn, to salad dressing, to supplements — these are all real. So that’s why I think it’s a more authentic version of “The Apprentice,” because it’s really my business. And all these things are legitimate businesses being sold in Walmart and Walgreens and HSN. Real names, like Orville Redenbacher and Conagra. I’m putting my money where my mouth is. I mean, it literally is my real business. So I don’t need to bring in a random partner to make up a task. The tasks are in my life every day. So I think that’s a great distinction and also a little bit of a — you know, a little pinch. Which you guys would probably enjoy. I’m sure he won’t.

~~

I mean, not against? Because I’d like him to say something, and he probably will. Everyone thinks he’s going to mention it, because he was part of Mark Burnett too, and all that. But you know, it’s not the same. His brand at that time was not where my brand is. Aside from real estate.

Edited by divsc
typo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, divsc said:

In the Variety article, she says her brand is bigger than Donald Trump's was during the Apprentice. All current politics, personal feelings on this presidency, and anything political about him these days, aside -- he clearly had a "brand" during those carefree Apprentice days. But Bethenny Frankel and Skinnygirl is bigger than the "Trump" brand was at the time - she's crazy.

from the Variety article:

Those weren’t Trump’s businesses. Trump at that time, I think, had a vodka, maybe a water and suits at Macy’s, if I’m correct. And that can show you that even the president can have brands that don’t succeed. But I’m going into the show with over 10 brands that are succeeding, from apparel, to popcorn, to salad dressing, to supplements — these are all real. So that’s why I think it’s a more authentic version of “The Apprentice,” because it’s really my business. And all these things are legitimate businesses being sold in Walmart and Walgreens and HSN. Real names, like Orville Redenbacher and Conagra. I’m putting my money where my mouth is. I mean, it literally is my real business. So I don’t need to bring in a random partner to make up a task. The tasks are in my life every day. So I think that’s a great distinction and also a little bit of a — you know, a little pinch. Which you guys would probably enjoy. I’m sure he won’t.

~~

I mean, not against? Because I’d like him to say something, and he probably will. Everyone thinks he’s going to mention it, because he was part of Mark Burnett too, and all that. But you know, it’s not the same. His brand at that time was not where my brand is. Aside from real estate.

Donald walked so that Bethenny could run trip over her own big head and fall flat on her face.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I guess she wanted to make a comparison to someone everyone knows -- but it's a big stretch, Bethenny.  Not buying it, hun.  Once again, she shows how crazy her ego has gotten.  Or maybe she figures that (like Trump) if she talks big & bullshits her head off, it'll get her somewhere.  Her comparison to Trump makes no sense.  She wants to make the comparison & set aside his involvement in real estate.  That's ridiculous.

OK. so she can shoot her mouth off & say how successful she is, but what about these other businesses she mentions?  Supplements & jeans?  How are they doing?  I certainly don't expect to get any truth on that from Ms Brutally Honest.

OK, so this is yet another place that she's unloading-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8040099/Bethenny-Frankels-controversial-4-200-square-foot-Hamptons-home-sells-2-28million.html

She probably spent a pretty penny on renovating, so maybe she made a little or just about broke even.  My question is still the same as it was before -- why the heck is she so suddenly dumping all of this real estate?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I guess she wanted to make a comparison to someone everyone knows -- but it's a big stretch, Bethenny.  Not buying it, hun.  Once again, she shows how crazy her ego has gotten.  Or maybe she figures that (like Trump) if she talks big & bullshits her head off, it'll get her somewhere.  Her comparison to Trump makes no sense.  She wants to make the comparison & set aside his involvement in real estate.  That's ridiculous.

OK. so she can shoot her mouth off & say how successful she is, but what about these other businesses she mentions?  Supplements & jeans?  How are they doing?  I certainly don't expect to get any truth on that from Ms Brutally Honest.

OK, so this is yet another place that she's unloading-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8040099/Bethenny-Frankels-controversial-4-200-square-foot-Hamptons-home-sells-2-28million.html

She probably spent a pretty penny on renovating, so maybe she made a little or just about broke even.  My question is still the same as it was before -- why the heck is she so suddenly dumping all of this real estate?

I notice she doesn't have the guts to give her opinion on Trump, though, Ms. MENTION IT ALL.  

And she doesn't mention real estate as her "side gig," which she's mentioned before, now that two of her investments tanked big time.

She isn't suddenly dumping the real estate.  She moved from Mercer Street three years ago.  She put that property on the market right away.  She and Fredrik had a discussion about the price.   She "won" and priced it way too high.  Since then the high end market has tanked because of changes in taxes and countries like China restricting how much money could be moved out of the country.  So she kept reducing and reducing the price until someone finally bought it this year at a  big loss for B who has been paying taxes, maintenance, etc for all this time.  As for the "south of the highway" property,  it seems Ramona was right.  B thought her Midas touch with renovation and marketing would enhance the property's value and she could flip and pocket a million or so.  Other theory was she could rent it over the summer and rental would pay all her expenses.   Alas, no,it didn't happen.   She's been trying to dump that for two years unsuccessfully.   Her ego had gotten so high she thought she could turn around anything she bought with her brilliant eye and make a big killing.  DIdn't happen.  Epic fail, but she will NEVER mention it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 2/25/2020 at 11:13 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

According to the listing it was purchased fully furnished which she bragged about doing all herself so between actual renovations and selling it fully furnished I imagine she took a loss.

To the poster that asked upthread both of these places were “extra”, the NYC place was the apartment she purchased and renovated when she was “homeless” because Jason was still in the first apartment and this Hamptons house was supposed to be a flip and than when it didn’t sell after the Reno she said it was just going to be a Summer rental.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

She is 50% volatile DNA of her mother and 50% hustler and worker DNA  of her father. Except raised with privilege,  unchecked, spoiled, unrestrained and moneyed. Petulant damages spoiled  tantruming wolf child.  She is Icarus and she is in danger of flying too close to the sun! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

Do you suppose the successor to B on the new show will be subject to the sexual harassment she dishes out to her driver and other assistants on a regular basis?     

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

From CDAN:

FRIDAY, MARCH 06, 2020

Blind Items Revealed #2

February 24, 2020

This former East Coast Housewife has been crashing and burning and torching through money. Don't be surprised to see her back on the show getting some of that easy money.

Bethenny Frankel/RHONY

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I saw B selling her pants on HSN.  I was a little surprised. They didn't look like something I would imagine her wearing.  It was a jogging pant that works as a casual pant you can wear out to dinner with heels.  They were very full looking.  

Here you go:  

https://www.hsn.com/shop/skinnygirl-jogger-womens-pants/fa0114-17897-19246

I guess that she's so skinny, and that's why they looked so baggy on her.  Not so much on these models. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

How supposeth the shit show goeth of Bryn going back and forth from Hazelton, Dad, on airplanes etc between her parents w/the coronavirus isolations? Court's off- so unresolved custody.

Ideally, one of them would be an adult, with their kid's best interest in mind, and say "just keep her there until this is over".  Not certain if either of them has that capacity, pretty sure B does not.  Plus, she'll need to be off saving the world with cash cards, so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ideally, one of them would be an adult, with their kid's best interest in mind, and say "just keep her there until this is over".  Not certain if either of them has that capacity, pretty sure B does not.  Plus, she'll need to be off saving the world with cash cards, so...

Seriously, it took me longer to get divorced from my first marriage (filed for divorce less than a year later - because, well his new habit was beating me)

10 months later I filed for divorce, took me 9 months after I filed for divorce -getting on the docket because he contested the divorce (because he could - no kids, not a lot of shared assets) and that fact that he wanted to take it to court to ensure the restraining order I asked for was mutual - what a jack hole). And 1.5 years to get my annulment from the Catholic Church after I filed because they let him get away with crap. So long in the past - my amazing Jewish husband and myself have been married almost 25 years. All that to say, when I filed for divorce and when it happened in a court of law (and then the Catholic Church) was 3 times longer than the actual marriage, makes my whole experience seem really, really short.

All this to say, this is the longest divorce I’ve ever heard of - poor Bryn- what a tell all book she will write. And really - WTF

• Love 8
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Anything good is good, clearly.  Thank heavens she was able to get the word out to TMZ.

bethenny-frankel-coronavirus

I appreciate all her efforts and money that have helped people who need it in previous situations. This one I have a problem with - where is she getting these masks from? Who are the medical professionals she’s been talking to?

Supply is the actual issue - what is she accomplishing that the CDC, hospitals, and governments of several counties can’t accomplish?

What is she actually doing to increase the supply? Well, she’s on TMZ, so that should do it.

I saw a number of things that people have done to make masks at home (granted, they are not the ideal situation or the best masks and better than nothing) and starting tomorrow JoAnn’s will provide kits to anyone who goes to pick them up to make masks for hospital workers. I have a very compromised immune system so I am stuck at home so hubby is going to pick up a kit for me and I will learn to use the sewing machine I bought several years ago and I will make masks. 
Two of my best friends: one works for the CDC and her life is crazy and another works for a hospital so her life is nuts. They are the people who make a difference. I feel very useless stuck at home.

I will try to bloom where I am planted, but telling my hard working friends the silly thing I am doing trying to make a difference- I won’t do that - I’ll just be there when they need a friend.

• Love 13

Custody exchanges are considered essential. I live in California and am under a shelter in place order and have been for some time (I live in one of the first counties to enact it) and you're still allowed to go out to the pharmacy or for groceries and things like that. You can go out for walks even. You can go out for a custody exchange as well (my friend shares custody with her ex and their custody agreement still stands). Even in Italy, where they are under a full lockdown (one step above shelter in place) people are still allowed to go out for groceries and to the pharmacy, etc. so I'm sure custody exchanges happen there too. I don't know what parents with joint custody are doing in China, where people are literally unable to leave the house (or were). 

ETA: Bryn should not be visiting with the grandparents. That would not be considered essential and for their safety, as I am sure they are in the high risk group, she should not have physical contact with them. Hopefully they are doing regular video chats.

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I appreciate all her efforts and money that have helped people who need it in previous situations. This one I have a problem with - where is she getting these masks from? Who are the medical professionals she’s been talking to?

Supply is the actual issue - what is she accomplishing that the CDC, hospitals, and governments of several counties can’t accomplish?

What is she actually doing to increase the supply? Well, she’s on TMZ, so that should do it.

I saw a number of things that people have done to make masks at home (granted, they are not the ideal situation or the best masks and better than nothing) and starting tomorrow JoAnn’s will provide kits to anyone who goes to pick them up to make masks for hospital workers. I have a very compromised immune system so I am stuck at home so hubby is going to pick up a kit for me and I will learn to use the sewing machine I bought several years ago and I will make masks. 
Two of my best friends: one works for the CDC and her life is crazy and another works for a hospital so her life is nuts. They are the people who make a difference. I feel very useless stuck at home.

I will try to bloom where I am planted, but telling my hard working friends the silly thing I am doing trying to make a difference- I won’t do that - I’ll just be there when they need a friend.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!! I have been ROASTED in a group on facebook for saying that. I feel less alone now.

Stay safe ❤️

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Did she turn her Skinny Gurl jeans factory into a mask producing factory?  Skinny Girl masks coming to your local hospital soon!  They’ll all be red and bedazzled.

It would solve the issue of what to do with unsold merchandise*. Repurpose them into masks.

Don't the masks need to meet certain criteria to be effective? Viruses are tiny, and I remember them saying, at the beginning, that not all masks would stop transmission. Maybe it's so bad at this point, they'll take any protection they can get.

I, honestly, have no idea how well her jeggings are selling. I know I would never pay those prices for clothes with unfinished or ripped hems, and I really don't understand the ankle length trend, but that's just me, and I'm old and bitter, so get off my lawn!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

When my family member, a PA, heard about Bethanny buying up a lot of masks, she was livid. Bethanny bought up supplies that hospitals are desperately trying to get. Whether we like it or not, there has to be priority distribution when there aren't enough supplies to go around.

Once again, it's all about Bethanny's craving for approval and attention. Asshole.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

When my family member, a PA, heard about Bethanny buying up a lot of masks, she was livid. Bethanny bought up supplies that hospitals are desperately trying to get. Whether we like it or not, there has to be priority distribution when there aren't enough supplies to go around.

Once again, it's all about Bethanny's craving for approval and attention. Asshole.

THIS. If she's been able to purchase half a million of masks, that's half a million lacking somewhere else !

• Love 6
On 3/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Anything good is good, clearly.  Thank heavens she was able to get the word out to TMZ.

bethenny-frankel-coronavirus

That’s awesome! And I read that Christian Siriano and all his employees are making masks. It’s great that people like them have stepped up when official/federal channels are lacking.

Edited by link417
Fat fingers
  • Love 3

I think it's odd that over a month ago and maybe, before Jan. 21, long before the warnings about Covid-19, I took my 82 year-old father to his primary doctor's office for non flu issue.  It's a very large primary practice that treats adults, children, seniors, OB, etc. AND even then, they said they were short on masks and could only offer us child size  masks for our protection, if we wanted to get one to protect us from others there who had the flu. (We took them.)  I thought it was odd, even then, that they would be low on masks during flu season. Now, I'm wondering if they really were low or knew something back then about Covid-19  and were conserving them.  Maybe, I'm too suspicious. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think it's odd that over a month ago and maybe, before Jan. 21, long before the warnings about Covid-19, I took my 82 year-old father to his primary doctor's office for non flu issue.  It's a very large primary practice that treats adults, children, seniors, OB, etc. AND even then, they said they were short on masks and could only offer us child size  masks for our protection, if we wanted to get one to protect us from others there who had the flu. (We took them.)  I thought it was odd, even then, that they would be low on masks during flu season. Now, I'm wondering if they really were low or knew something back then about Covid-19  and were conserving them.  Maybe, I'm too suspicious. 

Also possible that the suppliers were selling their inventory to those in need (China for example) and sold to the highest bidder.  As we know, this strain was becoming a problem in the far east as far back as November/December, and likely before.  There are reports (I have not substantiated) that China nationalized an American-owned mask supplier located in their country, as they were unable to produce enough to meet their own demand.

Lessons to be learned that will hopefully not be soon forgotten.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Most of our masks in the US are manufactured in China and I believe China was restricting the supply to us.

And I can’t believe the red tape involved in hospitals not being allowed to work directly with manufacturers. Geez, that seem like a lot of unnecessary and stupid government bureaucracy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8144419/Bethenny-Frankel-donate-ONE-MILLION-masks-medical-staff-desperate-need-amid-COVID-19.html

I have read through the above twice and I am still confused. Can someone else read it and explain to me how it works:

1. Headline/story screams million masks ready for donation

2. Within the article it says money has been raised through her B charity along with that stalker scam artist charity and goes on to

3. list several places the masks will go and also

4. advises that hospitals have been now allowed to search for their own masks so she 

5. tells them to actively reach out to her for said masks and then

6. tells them to then bill FEMA to be reimbursed for those masks

7. which were screamed from the rooftops as being DONATED!! and she was

8. using donated funds to purchase the masks

How is this not a scam? Am I reading it wrong?

eta Because I said from the get go when she hooked up with that stalker charity that there was some serious money laundering going on. 

If she said she’s going to have FEMA reimburse her, then it is not a donation. I think that’s awful, she can afford to do that for her fellow citizens. Other companies are making masks and donating them. 

The world economy will struggle to recover from this and our government money needs to help employees and employers recover and to work on solutions, not reimbursing SkinnyGirl.

• Love 12

Yeah this makes no sense. She said she raised a million dollars for masks and is committed to donating to certain hospitals...so A she doesn’t actually have them just some money people donated to her to buy them, and B does she know the difference between supply and demand? 

Just today at 2:45 the Governor of Illinois said the state ordered 90,000 masks this week and only received half. I doubt her money is greener than an entire state. 

I work in Assisted Living and during that press conference I was in the break room and said to a care manager that announcement he was making wasn’t good because what will happen when we get low on PPE like masks and gloves? He was warning that basically the availability is low in the US despite however much you order or are willing to pay. I mean I guess we could always tweet her to send some to my nursing home (kidding). 

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah this makes no sense. She said she raised a million dollars for masks and is committed to donating to certain hospitals...so A she doesn’t actually have them just some money people donated to her to buy them, and B does she know the difference between supply and demand? 

Just today at 2:45 the Governor of Illinois said the state ordered 90,000 masks this week and only received half. I doubt her money is greener than an entire state. 

I work in Assisted Living and during that press conference I was in the break room and said to a care manager that announcement he was making wasn’t good because what will happen when we get low on PPE like masks and gloves? He was warning that basically the availability is low in the US despite however much you order or are willing to pay. I mean I guess we could always tweet her to send some to my nursing home (kidding). 

I guess the concept behind hospitals and other medical facilities not being allowed to work directly with vendors is to avoid one hospital/medical having more influence and getting more that others with influence is a nice concept in theory, but in reality it is a mess... too many people controlling the flow. 

That being said, it seems we have been having a shortage problem for a long time with not enough to plan for an emergency 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Bethenny Frankel is a lot of things, some I like, some I don't, but I'm re watching season 2 right now and the way she keeps her cool dealing with the craziness that is Kelly is pretty astounding. The whole, "I'm up here, you're down here" conversation is something else.

• Love 4