Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, divsc said:

Don't forget about the other "therapist" dude who came over to help her through her Dennis grief by basically telling her Dennis had to die so she could be free of him and super appreciate Paul. Who she was already dating. Or something like that.

Spot on. I really wish there was an eye roll reaction. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

It’s like going on the Dr. Oz show when she has a sore throat. Of course she doesn’t do that . She can recognize a sore throat or a gyn emergency and see a real doc in a real setting. Bethenny does not think she needs a shrink. FWIW I think intensive outpatient treatment would change her life in a positive way. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, essexjan said:

Creepy-Dolls-07.jpg

The super hillarious thing is this could be a doll modeled after me as a baby. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Eye roll and all. I got in so much trouble as a child for rolling my eyes.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 2

Now I am curious about how much she actually spent on the reno because she gutted the entire place I can’t imagine it was less than 500k which means she lost more than $1 million. Maybe if she had listened to Frederick and marketed it at a lower price when the market was hotter she wouldn’t have taken such a big loss but instead she told him he was wrong and went with a higher asking price. I get it was for tv but the incident kind of incapsulates why I can’t stand her. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, weaver said:

You can still grab her "South of the Highway" house if you rush.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2623-Montauk-Hwy-Bridgehampton-NY-11932/32727801_zpid/

What's her deal with homes?  Why can't she just pick a home, like a normal person, do a few upgrades to her liking, and.....live in it.  She's gone through so many homes in the last several years, in an effort to prove how "smart" she is.  If I were Jason, I'd be using this against her.  How do all these different homes and moves affect Bryn?

BTW, she never was "smart" at real estate anyway.  The only reason she was able to sell previous real estate at high prices is due to foreign buyers either using U.S. real estate to obtain an EB-5 Visa (entry into the U.S. via an investment of $1,000,000, often so they can put their foreign kids into U.S. schools), or via foreign money laundering.  

Guess what Beth....the jig is up.  The SEC/Feds are onto these schemes, thus the NYC Million Dollar Real Estate boom is over.  You were just there at the right time, not doing well because your pompous little arrogant ass knew anything anyone else didn't know.

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

What's her deal with homes?  Why can't she just pick a home, like a normal person, do a few upgrades to her liking, and.....live in it.  She's gone through so many homes in the last several years, in an effort to prove how "smart" she is.  If I were Jason, I'd be using this against her.  How do all these different homes and moves affect Bryn?

She never intended to live in this place it was bought as an investment, clearly not a great one. It should also be noted it was one that Frederick didn’t want to go in on. Lots of kids move around a lot more than Brynn. Who knows how many apartments Jason has lived in since the divorce and getting kicked out of their old apartment.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, biakbiak said:

She never intended to live in this place it was bought as an investment, clearly not a great one. It should also be noted it was one that Frederick didn’t want to go in on. Lots of kids move around a lot more than Brynn. Who knows how many apartments Jason has lived in since the divorce and getting kicked out of their old apartment.

Let us not forget her new townhouse in Boston.   It is unclear if she owns it or Paul owns it.   We do not hear about Jason because he has kept his face and voice out of the papers.  

• Love 9
On 2/2/2020 at 12:16 PM, biakbiak said:

Now I am curious about how much she actually spent on the reno because she gutted the entire place I can’t imagine it was less than 500k which means she lost more than $1 million. Maybe if she had listened to Frederick and marketed it at a lower price when the market was hotter she wouldn’t have taken such a big loss but instead she told him he was wrong and went with a higher asking price. I get it was for tv but the incident kind of incapsulates why I can’t stand her. 

I saw a piece that referenced another piece that said she spent $400K on the renovation. Still contributing to quite a loss.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/photos-bethenny-frankel-sold-her-soho-nyc-loft-for-seven-figures.html

This has been my issue with Bethenny after the Skinnygirl sale. She thinks she knows everything because she sold one successful business. She's never met an expert she can't shout over. She'll pontificate to Fredrik about a business he's spent decades in and built a multimillion dollar fortune in. She'll try to school Heather Thomson on a business Heather's spent years in and has been quite successful. She'll talk over every housewife and any other guest when she's on a reunion, on WWHL, or any other talk show like there hasn't been mountains of evidence from cancelled radio and tv shows that a protracted period of Bethenny talking, talking, and even more talking is something that audiences just don't want. Shut up Bethenny. Other people know things and it's completely ok to listen to their advice.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

Bethenny does this because of the crying little girl inside her trying to get her dads attn, while simultaneously trying to BE her dad. But better so she doesn’t make what she perceives are his mistakes in parenting . Her dad was a GOD in his industry . Gold standard. She will never be him in business. 

What she can be is happy and secure with the money she made and the money he left her. Someday. With a lot of psychiatric help . But only if she wants it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, chick binewski said:

Dennis' widow has posted a meaningful tribute for his birthday. OH WAIT. 

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/06/bethenny-frankel-pays-tribute-to-dennis-shields-on-his-birthday/

Note to self: Kobe Bryant = amazing. Sonja Morgan, Nana Hoppy, any relative of Bethenny's = demon. 

The whole thing is about HER and how amazing Dennis would think she is and how successful and how happy she is with Paul...Extra points for also slipping in Kobe Bryant's death in a clumsy attempt to make herself relevant. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, divsc said:

The whole thing is about HER and how amazing Dennis would think she is and how successful and how happy she is with Paul...Extra points for also slipping in Kobe Bryant's death in a clumsy attempt to make herself relevant. 

I think that she is starting to realize how irrelevant she is since leaving RHNY. She first grabs Meghan and Harry to stay current, then when that fails, Kobe.  She is having trouble coming to terms with the fact that nobody is noticing her anymore, until she tries to tie in her name with whoever is at the top of google search.

The desperation is pathetic. Even worse than Luann.

• Love 16

She is having trouble coming to terms with the fact that nobody is noticing her anymore

All of the comments on here and other sites seem to prove otherwise.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

All of the comments on here seem to prove otherwise.

Eh the commentating on these threads aren’t actually anything. Ratings for Potomac and Atlanta are high and they routinely don’t break three pages.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Eh the commentating on these threads aren’t actually anything. Ratings for Potomac and Atlanta are high and they routinely don’t break three pages.

Yeah on other boards, Twitter, Instagram ect people talk about the RHOA a LOT, especially Kenya, Porsha, and NeNe. There’s a lot more gossip, discussion and memes. image.gif.8e185e710764a6173bcc8e5b9ab59213.gif

this is an old clip that is one of the hottest memes or reaction gif rn. 

• Love 1

Eh the commentating on these threads aren’t actually anything.

Eh, which is why I added other sites hours ago after I made my comment 😉 it's ain't just this site where people are talking about Bethenny...

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Eh, which is why I added other sites hours ago after I made my comment 😉 it's ain't just this site where people are talking about Bethenny...

Well I couldn’t predict your edit since I posted before you did it.

• Love 7
On 2/8/2020 at 3:36 AM, Hiyo said:

All of the comments on here and other sites seem to prove otherwise.

My take on the Sich-ee-ay-shun

Bethenny is most talked about HW as far as I see across the franchise. She was talked about even when she was off the show for 2 years. Her other cast mates when interviewed about themselves always include a question and response about Bethenny.

For example - Luann when she was going to marry Tom - she was asked constantly whether or not she was going to invite Bethenny. When the Tom kissing another woman at the Regency picture came out, Luann was asked how she felt about Bethenny showing her the picture.

Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Carole - any interviews they land - they are asked about Bethenny. I think it also works the other way - the only way they get press is if they mention Bethenny.

I like Bethenny but I don't need to go elsewhere but here for Bethenny news. I find it funny that I get Bethenny news here from posted article links and pics most authored by people who don't particularly like her to put it mildly.

What would kill her celebrity status is if we ALL stopped talking about her on any SM platform. Once the majority give her total radio silence - then the tabloids/click bait sites would stop printing stuff and she'd go off into the sunset never to be heard from again. I wish that would happen with the Kardassians

As for ATL - they are being talked about because the current season is airing. As opposed to Bethenny who announced she was not returning back in I forget right after the reunion aired - August or September 2019.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/7/2020 at 9:26 PM, divsc said:

The whole thing is about HER and how amazing Dennis would think she is and how successful and how happy she is with Paul

Whenever Beth is with Paul I imagine Dennis's ghost is in the background laughing  "Dude, your hair! Just goofy and weird. Maybe consider shaving it off instead of trying to make any of those looks work for you".

Paul just looks greasy to me. Not at all attractive. Good thing he has money, and film/quasi-celebrity connections for Bethenny to glom onto in her futile quest for TV stardom.

There is something not quite right about him. Something a little shifty. But then his father was a bit suspect as well, him and his familiarity with Florida's massage parlors, and his buddy Robert Kraft.

pbern.jpg

bethenny-frankel-paul-bernon-holidays.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, KungFuBunny said:

What would kill her celebrity status is if we ALL stopped talking about her on any SM platform. Once the majority give her total radio silence - then the tabloids/click bait sites would stop printing stuff and she'd go off into the sunset never to be heard from again

Well I notice that her last photo on facebook gained her 132 comments. Not much more than I got on my most recent facebook post. 

Let's see if her Big New Announcement that she keeps bragging about is happening soon. Even better let's see if her Big New Announcement brings her all the fame and fortune that she expects. 

I doubt that Bethenny is going to measure up to the Meghan that she wishes she was.

• Love 6
On 2/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, KungFuBunny said:

What would kill her celebrity status is if we ALL stopped talking about her on any SM platform

I think that there's a difference between celebrity and notoriety: 

I've been following the Teen Mom2 boards for years, even though I haven't watched an episode since 2005.  I follow the saga of Jenelle Evans.  She had the celebrity (dubious as it might be) that came with being a long-time "star of a long-running MTV series.  Then, she married a loser who (among other awful things) shot her dog, and lost her place on the show.

Now, she has notoriety - her thread is still the longest and she remains the most talked-about cast member.  But her life is tanking without any income.  No products want to be associated with her.

I can see Bethanny sliding into that notoriety category if she can't work out a gig that keeps her relevant enough to sell shows and/or products.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

I think that there's a difference between celebrity and notoriety: 

I've been following the Teen Mom2 boards for years, even though I haven't watched an episode since 2005.  I follow the saga of Jenelle Evans.  She had the celebrity (dubious as it might be) that came with being a long-time "star of a long-running MTV series.  Then, she married a loser who (among other awful things) shot her dog, and lost her place on the show.

Now, she has notoriety - her thread is still the longest and she remains the most talked-about cast member.  But her life is tanking without any income.  No products want to be associated with her.

I can see Bethanny sliding into that notoriety category if she can't work out a gig that keeps her relevant enough to sell shows and/or products.

Fortunately for Bethenny, even on her worst days, doesn't hold a candle next to the dumpster fire that is Jenelle. Bethenny, at least, has some redeeming qualities in her philanthropy (regardless of motivation), and her love for her daughter (though dysfuntional in it's own way, does not put Brynn in physical danger), but they do share a certain desperation.

Both seem to be blowing through their money in unsuccessful attempts to find new lucrative opportunities. Beth has more and better connections and a lot more money to play with, tho, apparently, only slightly more success recently. It will be interesting to see where they both end up. 

On a side note, are Brynn and Jace the same age? 10? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Was her big announcement her skinny girl vitamin supplement line selling at Walgreens? There is one for hair, skin and nails, collagen, and something to spice up your sex life!? If I had someone to have sex with I might try it, but since I don’t-I won’t. 😃

is she a doctor now? Pharmacist? Scientist? I am waiting for their actual benefits to be debunked in 5....4....3....2.....1! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Was her big announcement her skinny girl vitamin supplement line selling at Walgreens?

She is hinting that her BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is regarding several TEEVEE shows she is producing that (surprisingly!) will be BETHCENTRIC. Apparently in partnership with Mark Burnett. Just another way to throw away that Skinnygirl money. She is very determined to make Bethenny Happen, I'll give her that. Guess she doesn't learn from past experience. Bethenny just doesn't happen because, well, too much Bethenny. She just cannot come to terms with this. People do not want to see Bethenny being Bethenny. The outcome is CANCELLATION. Maybe she should come back to RHNY for a third time because that's where her fans are.

The Skinnygirl supplement line is older news. She has a tendency to not take her own advice that she gave to Heather. She is all over the place with her brand. She will whore her brand name out to any product that comes knocking at her door, hoping that it will work out. SHE FUCKS EVERYTHING! She fucks shapewear, she fucks deli meat, she fucks jeans, she fucks supplements, she fucks blenders, she will even fuck kids products under the name Brynnygirl.

When her latest project/s tanks ( and there is no doubt of this) she will return to RHNY, and have yet another sobbing breakdown, another blame game, another fake therapist consultation. No matter that anyone else has problems, or challenges in life. If it's not about Bethenny, it's of no concern.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, divsc said:

Yes, we get it. He loves you. She's gotten as insufferable as the Countess was about Tom.

This outfit makes me want to do anything but shop skinnygirl.  I had jeans with embellishments like that when I was a teen in the 80s and that shirt looks like something I could buy at target after 10 washings.  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, divsc said:

Yes, we get it. He loves you. She's gotten as insufferable as the Countess was about Tom.

And in the middle of her romantic IG post, she sneaks in an ad for everything she is wearing.  She is supposed to declare that an #AD.   

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My takeaway - She has monogrammed coasters ffs.  Are they a reminder or a source of adoration?

Even Heather Dubrow doesn't have that and she has wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, and gift tags printed and embossed with the Dubrow family logo she had created.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think I’m missing something with the monogrammed coasters. They just have the letter ‘B’ on them, right? Not her full monogram, just the ‘B’? Like anyone can get at Bed Bath & Beyond?

To my eyes, it’s only a step up from the people who use a mug with their initial on it (I was gifted one by a boss last year, LOL).

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Another ugly unromantic floral gift. I hope it comes out that Paul's assistant is doing the ordering. 

The only thing I liked in that picture were her shoes. 

Omg totally like Samantha’s Richard.   

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, link417 said:

I think I’m missing something with the monogrammed coasters. They just have the letter ‘B’ on them, right? Not her full monogram, just the ‘B’? Like anyone can get at Bed Bath & Beyond?

To my eyes, it’s only a step up from the people who use a mug with their initial on it (I was gifted one by a boss last year, LOL).

Yah, that’s the least of me gripes with Bethany.  I have my monogram and initials all over my house, and my apparel and my sons apparel / belongings.  I put my shit on EVERYTHING.  It’s actually a rite of passage in a sense.  I got my son his first Coach product with his monogram as a baptism gift.  EVERYTHING we own has our monogram or first initial on it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Very posed picture and lots of work went into making her look this good with make-up, styling and probably photo editing. 

Yeah, but also everything with her Insta is like that and she looks better than she has in years. Maybe she gained a few pounds so she doesn't look as hollow, or a new facelift or an old one settled. She looks healthier.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6

Very posed picture and lots of work went into making her look this good with make-up, styling and probably photo editing. 

So...she has a normal celebrity Instagram account, then.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2020 at 12:53 AM, divsc said:

Thank goodness for those hashtags otherwise I wouldn't know where to find real love. Or happiness.

A) This may be the most Alexis Bellino thing I've ever seen from the east coast 2) Who the hell is keeping those chairs & appliances streak and fingerprint-free? If it's a housekeeper, Bethenny isn't paying them enough. If it's Bethenny, we can expect that tell-all from Bryn any day now.

• LOL 9
On 2/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:
On 2/13/2020 at 3:15 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

The only thing I liked in that picture were her shoes. 

I like them also, though they scream summer to me.

Those shoes gave me the willies-looked to me like they were using a couple of coral snakes for embellishment.

Paging Dr. Freud...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, divsc said:

So... how is this different than the Apprentice? (Well it is a half hour instead of an hour long, haha)

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/19/bethenny-frankel-announces-business-competition-series-at-hbo-max/

And what kind of prize is this? This should be what the loser gets!!

In the half-hour series, aspiring moguls will compete for a chance to win a spot on the executive team of Frankel’s lifestyle brand, Skinnygirl.

“The aspiring moguls will  have a chance to learn how to “mention it all”,  how to be inappropriate in an executive meeting, how to use too much Botox, how to take forever to get a divorce, and how to pose for Instagram photos!!!!”

Where do I go to not apply?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Another fail in store for Bethenny. Apprentice redux.

https://www.thewrap.com/bethenny-frankel-to-host-apprentice-style-competition-series-on-hbo-max/

A month ago I wrote:

Other ideas Bethenny has been working on: The True Wealthy Ladies of the Five Boroughs, Marine Predator Enclosure, Bethenny: Booze Boss, Bethenny's Business Rescue, Bethenny Frankel's The Recruit, the Great Bethenny Bake-off Competition, Is This Your Wedding Dress?, Bethenny Frankel: Marketing Maven, and 3 Months to Marry a Foreigner. By

1 hour ago, divsc said:

So... how is this different than the Apprentice? (Well it is a half hour instead of an hour long, haha)

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/19/bethenny-frankel-announces-business-competition-series-at-hbo-max/

In the half-hour series, aspiring moguls will compete for a chance to win a spot on the executive team of Frankel’s lifestyle brand, Skinnygirl.

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

“The aspiring moguls will  have a chance to learn how to “mention it all”, how to be inappropriate in an executive meeting, how to use too much Botox, how to take forever to get a divorce, and how to pose for Instagram photos!!!!”

Where do I go to not apply?

I've seen multiple people besides myself predict that Bethenny's upcoming projects would be retreads of other shows, not only ones that she's been on, but everything remotely successful on reality tv. My Bethenny Frankel's The Recruit was what I thought her version of The Apprentice would be. She's not nearly the innovator she thinks she is.

5 hours ago, Rahul said:

Uhh, when's the last time she failed? It's a bit early to be snapping to such judgements. This might do well for the fledgling streaming service. I'd definitely watch if I had a subscription...I still may find a way.

Media wise or just in general? Bethenny and Fredrik had middling ratings, but Fredrik vowed to never work with her again. Her radio show didn't last long. Her talk show was canceled. She had to sell her Mercer Street apartment at a significant loss. She's had a ton of failed Skinnygirl products; it's good for her that she licenses Skinnygirl because those product failures would be significant if she was ponying up her own dollars.

Bethenny's programming isn't bringing anyone to HBO Max. We know because they just paid about half a billion for Friends. Greg Berlanti has a $400 million deal with Warner Bros. Berlanti has 21 shows across multiple platforms. Bethenny could surprise us, but the fact that her first project looks like Bethenny presents Bethenny Frankel's Approximation of the Apprentice does not fill me with confidence. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, divsc said:

Originality isn't her strong suit apparently.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9