Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11: Airing the Dirty Laundry

altopower
  • Start Topic

When was the 'Tell All" for the previous season filmed? Didn't Janelle and Meri say they were through with their marriages then? I think Truely's birthday party and Christine's sit down at Garrison's all happened the same weekend along with the gardening footage, probably because the TLC cameras were in town. Didn't someone say they are still filming the Talking Heads in some garage? It's probably at Meri's house which is why she's still renting it.

The one topic I wish they would really address is Coyote Pass. We got a couple sentences but no real substance. Have they ever addressed the fact that Christine signed over her interest in her lot to the rest of them?

I don't think Meri is nearly as clueless about her marriage as she is trying to appear. She's been hanging on for the money for years. Robyn wants her to stay around because without Meri she'd have no one to film with but Kody. She never has any on screen relationship with her her children. 

It was almost interesting that Meri felt the need to film that handheld second Talking Head in the red dress to repeat the info about the anniversary date, which didn't even get filmed. Also interesting that production edited it into the footage. Did it add anything? 

Edited by OlderThanDirt
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, altopower said:

Kody's told everyone except Meri that he doesn't want to be married to her. WE'VE known it, but he's been very careful to not say anything to her. It's about time, dude.

The fact that they are DIVORCED should've given her some clue!  That's the problem with cults – it's a prison of the mind.

• Like 11
20 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

The one topic I wish they would really address is Coyote Pass. We got a couple sentences but no real substance. Have they ever addressed the fact that Christine signed over her interest in her lot to the rest of them?

I wish they would address this also. I thought the lot that Christine quit claimed her interest in was in her name and Kody's name. So maybe Kody owns that lot and the rest of the family, Janelle and Meri got nothing out of this. But I'm just speculating about this.. I would love for them to let us in on who owns what because I have a feeling that Kody and Robyn own the bulk of the property.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I was rolling my eyes so much I’m surprised I could still see the tv when they showed those flashbacks of the mission statement and commitment ceremony season.
It was an endless, boring and stupid season then that was obviously producer driven to give them something to film. Kody was already with his soulmate so was lying through his teeth about committing to his family.

Imagine the torture it was for their guests who had to sit there and listen to that shit.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I enjoyed seeing how Maddie not talking to Kody seems to actually hurt him.  They were once so close and I think that is causing him to question what is happening. 

Meh, I think he still has a man crush on Caleb.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ezzy4 said:

Janelle also wants out but is trying to be as careful as possible.  There are children, paychecks, shared property etc...  It is a complicated family.

and she DEFINITELY needs the money...for now build a nest egg.

• Like 7
54 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I would love for them to let us in on who owns what because I have a feeling that Kody and Robyn own the bulk of the property.

They've probably only been making minimum payments Since Robyn got comfortable in her mansion, and now that Christine (and possibly Janelle and even Meri) are off the deeds, that just means Kody and Robyn are the ones that the bank will take it back from.  Janelle as much as said that she hopes he doesn't lose it (with the wry expression of someone who knows precisely what is going to happen).

I know they had a habit in the family of trading off bankruptcies one adult at a time, which worked when you had four adults, then five. When Kody and Robyn go kaput financially they're not going to be able to fall back on that method... unless that's what they're keeping her adult kids around for. Doesn't work unless they're working, though.

Edited by kassa
  • Like 11
44 minutes ago, dariafan said:

What in the world kootie  ?  Saying If the kids had lived in different houses and brought up as cousins it would have been better ?

and seriously, did he REALLY think all his adult children and their children were going to live in a ginormous plig house?   Silly man. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Do we think they performed the "tradition" of going around the table and saying something nice about Truely, like they did for Ariella last season? I didn't see any oversized cups of milk for toasting, just AuroraBreanna's sour face (which would probably curdle any dairy product present anyway).

• Like 7
  • LOL 16
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

What in the world kootie  ?  Saying If the kids had lived in different houses and brought up as cousins it would have been better ?

That sounds like Robyn talking. Since her kids were raised separate that must have been the best way because she is obviously the best wife...loyal and all.

Kody has always said one of his "contractual agreements" with the wives is that they agree to raise the kids together as siblings.

5 hours ago, MamaGee said:

Aspyn was always my favorite kid and the just solidified it for me. She must have a good head on her shoulders.

Aspyn did her very best to raise Christine.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 13
10 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

I appreciated seeing Truely learning to ride a bike at her own pace. I hope we get to see her zipping around on it sometime. They should have gotten her elbow and knee pads to help her feel safer though.

That bike looked way too big for her, especially for a beginner. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2

Feels like TLC have one pat of butter and are trying to spread it over a whole loaf of bread. I would rather have 10 impactful episodes, than 15-20 with a lot of filler.

Kody advocating for separate household was a complete 180. Prior, everyone agreed that moving to LV and living apart was ground zero of the family's disintegration. From the outside though, the LV cul-de-sac seemed like a great situation and compromise, but of course, Kody and Robyn have no chill and got greedy. 

I think Celia Rubenstein's analysis (as usual) is spot on. 

The question still remains, why is Truly trying to learn a bike at a later age? 

Was it me, or did it seem like last year, Truly paid Kody dust and didn't really seemed included to go to his and Robyn's house to spend time or the night. I think Ysabel's (or another non-Robyn sibling's) presence makes her feel better going over there. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I stopped watching this show for years and just restarted this season, so this may have been addressed:  how are the family finances divided?  It seems like the TLC money should be enough for everyone, but not if the bulk of it is going to Kody and Robyn.   I've liked seeing how happy Christine is without Kody and hope the other wives have the financial freedom to walk away and restart their lives and Robyn keeps Kody all to herself, which is exactly what she deserves.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cancun said:

Robyn apparently spent the grocery budget on Precious Moments, because at Truely’s party Kody announced “everyone only gets a half piece - we only got 6 pieces!” Chicken breasts, not filet mignon, mind you. 🙄

Well, it was leftover night! <joke>.  That Ari is a barnacle isn't she?

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, Kid said:

The fact that they are DIVORCED should've given her some clue!  That's the problem with cults – it's a prison of the mind.

What did Meri mean when she said she and Kody were official and she may need to take steps to dissolve it?  Where is it official? Dissolve it where? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What did Meri mean when she said she and Kody were official and she may need to take steps to dissolve it?  Where is it official? Dissolve it where? 

Similar to Janelle, Meri may feel she needs the church’s blessing ( called a release) to officially leave Kody in the rear view mirror- especially in the afterlife.  Christine no longer believes in polygamy ( the principle ) and basically feels she’s divorced because she said she is. 
There’s also the fact that Kody didn’t want Meri  to publicly announce their split and she wants to( as of this episode).  

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm assuming she means the spirtual thing since she was the only legal wife and got a legal divorce.  Of course, Kootie doesn't have a church (and what church would even want him) so guess she's stuck.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Kind of a mean-girl question, but it's about Kody, so I don't care. If he's so proud of his bulging pecs and rock-hard abs, why does he keep wearing those blousy button-downs that float around his midsection, making him look like he has a huge belly? They're conveniently fitted around the vanity muscles, but then flow outward like a maternity top. Is he trying to hide his six-pack from the thirsty Janelle, or is he just cheap with terrible taste?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if she was talking about getting her name off of any deeds or financial contracts. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

I watched the episode. If I knew my father gave my innocent kid sister the silent treatment on Christmas just to stick it to my mother, I wouldn't have any need to reach out to him either. Maybe Kody should consider how his immature behavior comes across to his adult children.

I guess Maddie no longer films, or I would think they would have had her speak for herself.

And I love how Janelle treats Kody with the same passive indifference that Kody subjects Meri to.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was wondering about that as well. They are divorced in the eyes of the government so maybe she meant in the eyes of the church and feels she has to go through all of the necessary steps to end it. But I doubt Cody would do that. I think she thinks otherwise she will spend all of eternity with him in the afterlife and can't see doing that as he hates her. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I hope that Meri found the courage to say to Kody fine then when are you going to return the money that I gave to you and Robyn to buy that $900,000 house?  I want that money back to start a new life away from you and Robyn as you have told me that's what you want. 

What is sad is that Kody dangled the carrot of a new start in Flagstaff, to trick Meri into giving them the profit from the sale of her Vegas home.

It suddenly dawned on me why Kody believes that Christine turned the children against him.  It appeared that Janelle’s kids were his favorites, and that Maddie was his favorite daughter.  After Christine left, Maddie ceased communicating with him.  So, he believes that Christine got into her ears.  Never mind his outrageous behavior during the pandemic, the yelling at Christine and his horrible treatment of Ysabel and Gabe.  In his mind, none of that is relevant; it had to be because Christine told lies about him and besmirched his character.  

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I wish they would address this also. I thought the lot that Christine quit claimed her interest in was in her name and Kody's name. So maybe Kody owns that lot and the rest of the family, Janelle and Meri got nothing out of this. But I'm just speculating about this.. I would love for them to let us in on who owns what because I have a feeling that Kody and Robyn own the bulk of the property.

You'd be correct.  Somewhere waaaayyyy upthread are the actual legal papers filed in Flagg. DoucheCanoe followed by Sobbyn have over 50% ownership over ALL of Coyote Pass.  Janelle & Meri share it with Douchie.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She must mean the "spiritual" marriage.  They are legally divorced.  And I have a feeling that was the end of all of it for him.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Not for the sake of Truley's birthday...she is Christine's daughter and we all know how "evil" Christine is!  NO! I got that wrong, it is the sperm donor that is the evil one!

I was kind of surprised they even put on the show of giving Truely a "party". (Producer driven??)

Was it just me or did the house seem pretty dark during the party?  Also, when Robyn was hovering over the sink, she truly looked like a witch.

Robyn=Crybrows is priceless.  😂😂😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

and she DEFINITELY needs the money...for now build a nest egg.

Which is why I hope TLC gives them another season.  Christine and Janelle need the money, and I want to see Robyn lose her mansion or get a job.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

It's really bothered me when Kody said, in his talking head, that it was nice to have his older child around, but could he trust her? What kind of parent starts with "Can I trust you?" to a child? Parents should love unconditionally, until a child does something specific to allow mistrust to enter the relationship. His children have not done anything, except wait for him to reach out to them. What a jackass, Kody 

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 11
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It suddenly dawned on me why Kody believes that Christine turned the children against him.  It appeared that Janelle’s kids were his favorites, and that Maddie was his favorite daughter.  After Christine left, Maddie ceased communicating with him.  So, he believes that Christine got into her ears. 

This is a behavior that has long annoyed me, and not just with kody, but I've seen it often.

It's when a man accuses a woman of having ideas ONLY because another woman or man fed them to her. It's when a man cannot believe his woman would turn against him without help. That has always annoyed the heck out of me. It implies his loved one is a empty vessel who needs information poured nto her as no way does she come with independent thoughts.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well, it was leftover night! <joke>.  That Ari is a barnacle isn't she?

Poor Ari was so excited to see Truley, she couldn't contain herself nor her bouncing off the walls. How can Robyn and Kody not see that she NEEDS a large family. She'd thrive, and not always be acting out to get attention.

Also, Robyn's daughter (the anxious one) sounds JUST like her mother in the talking heads! Even her voice and use of vocabulary. I meant to post that a couple of weeks ago when she and her sister were being interviewed.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 9
10 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I don't think Meri is nearly as clueless about her marriage as she is trying to appear. She's been hanging on for the money for years. Robyn wants her to stay around because without Meri she'd have no one to film with but Kody. She never has any on screen relationship with her her children. 

This may just be one of my conspiracy theories, lol, but I think Meri is aware of exactly what she's doing. She is sharing all of her longing, and marital efforts, as well as Kody's cruel remarks, for the public and the media. She knows everyone will blame kody for the dissolution of their marriage. He did not help her image in the public's eye when it came to the catfish episodes, so perhaps Meri is giving him a little bit of his own medicine back?

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, kassa said:

I think after being the breadwinner she was not going to work and kick money into the family pot ON TOP of doing the show when the other wives weren't. 

I wish I could respond to your posts but with them being merged I can't address them the way I'd like. I'm pretty sure Janelle was making money as a real estate broker in Vegas. But I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

15 hours ago, Cancun said:

Robyn apparently spent the grocery budget on Precious Moments, because at Truely’s party Kody announced “everyone only gets a half piece - we only got 6 pieces!” Chicken breasts, not filet mignon, mind you. 🙄

Two extra guests would break the budget for dinner? Maybe she could use all the money they didn't spend on anyone else's Christmas gifts for their food...

Yuck... Speaking of merged...

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I would hate to have to dill with that kid.  She's just like Kootie, and he's stuck with her 24/7.  😝

Princess Mullet is bizarre!

She has absolutely no respect for other people’s personal space and she’s always jabbing, grabbing, lurching in and talking an inch from someone’s face…swinging her arms around like a windmill… making inappropriate comments… yikes!!!!!

The only good thing about her behaviour is she’ll probably be a million times worse as a teenager and drive Kody and Robyn crazy!!

Theres no way that kid will grow up to be a shrinking violet like Robyns other stepford children….I can’t wait for the shit to hit the fan!  👍🏻😂

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2023 at 1:15 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Kody acts and talks like a man who just murdered his whole family and now can't understand why he is living alone.  "Hey, where is everybody?  It's so weird....I don't understand this..."

That birthday party seemed so depressing. Gee, I wonder why Kody isn't close to Ysabel? Could it be him abandoning her when she had major back surgery? Maybe?

I feel terrible for Meri.  Can you imagine talking about going out for your wedding anniversary and having your husband tell you he has to check with his wife first?  He could not be more of a jackass if he tried. I think it's easy to judge her based on monogamy, in that if a monogamous husband was so distant you'd pick up on things being terrible and marriage-ending right away. But in a polygamous marriage where you have a standard lifestyle of being somewhat distant and not there all the time, combined with the ups and downs of marriage in general over long periods of time, it might not be that obvious.

I have read a lot of memoirs of polygamous wives in various sects (I was in a cult so memoirs of people in cults in general are fascinating to me because I relate in different ways) and also watched Escaping Polygamy to get a look at the Kingstons (who are very secretaive) and read about polygamy in early Mormonism and also watched a lot of Islamic country tv and movies where this comes up frequently and there is something in common among them all - it doesn't work for women anywhere any time. Not really. There are always favorites and ignored wives and the husband is often away with another wife or just in general and leaves his wives to support themselves and their children however they can without him.

In this context, I can see Meri not completely getting how abandoned she actually has been until he directly told her he was done. I really get that. And I know it must have been awful for her and damn him for being too chickenshit to actually just tell her long ago instead of limping along this way.

So many times you have clarified things in my mind by speaking from the perspective of your own experience, @Andyourlittledog2.  I appreciate what you have shared.

####

Every week, I tune in wondering if Kody can possibly be a bigger asshole than we've seen so far--and he always delivers.  A pathetic last minute 'birthday party' for the cameras where everyone celebrates a little girl with half a piece of chicken.  Another child he's willing to let become estranged because "She hasn't reached out to me."  Insulting Meri with some lazy obviously half-assed excuse for avoiding her company on their wedding anniversary.

Meri has said, by words, actions, and out loud, directly to his face:  "I'm still in this marriage for the long haul" and he has apparently always responded with. . . nothing.  With silence.  Hey, I dislike confrontation myself, but Kody has been cruel to Meri for years, refusing to just open his mouth and telling her, once and for all:   "I'm out."

I wonder how he explains the difference to himself between Christine choosing to forsake Kody as her husband and his own choice to reject Meri as his wife.

Edited by candall
  • Like 15
  • Love 1

I was wondering about that as well. They are divorced in the eyes of the government so maybe she meant in the eyes of the church and feels she has to go through all of the necessary steps to end it. But I doubt Cody would do that. I think she thinks otherwise she will spend all of eternity with him in the afterlife and can't see doing that as he hates her.

Which is interesting, since Kody made such a huge deal about how Christine left without taking official steps or having official discussions. This just proves it is all about the power for Kody. He gets to dump Meri, so it's fine. But it burns his ass that Christine up and left him without his permission. And he can't stand that Janelle doesn't care if he's around or not. So he punishes the kids, because it is the only way to punish Janelle that Janelle will actually care about. 

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
On 10/29/2023 at 10:29 PM, Emmeline said:

Why is Robyn making that face when she says Truely is turning 12?

Because teenagers are disgusting sex monsters with hormones. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:40 PM, Adeejay said:

I am in Vegas to see Adele. I am on my cell, so I can’t keep up. Is it my imagination or are there a lot of flashbacks tonight? 

This was practically a clip show. 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:22 AM, islandgal140 said:

Hearing Janelle saying she had a different mindset and has Kody down as father on her kids birth certificates makes me wonder if Christine doesn't out of that fear.

I think Kody is on Christine's kids birth certificates because he had to sign off on Ysabel's surgery. We saw him snap at Christine when he was signing the different documents on his truck whatever season that was.

19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Can you imagine how dull it would have been had it NOT been her birthday?  As it was, it was painfully lifeless.  How tedious a regular night around there must be ... 

The only interesting part of watching anything happen at Robyn's house is the chance it offers to survey the mountains of random crap she has accumulated (last night I learned she has an affinity for figural lemon decorations in her kitchen).  Oh, and we get to catch glimpses of how ... challenging ... Ariblahblah's behavior is.  That kid never quits.  I can't wait to see HER at thirteen! 

My favourite thing is figuring out the self-film set ups. At first it was Robyn walking around with her phone. Then they must have had two phones on tripods to get different angles but of course the kids kept crossing in front of one of the cameras. Plus these aren't interesting people and they've all gotten too camera savvy. They won't give anything because they don't want to be criticized. And I don't blame the teens and young adults; who would want to be torn apart online for something they said at that age? I blame the boring as hell adults who signed up for this show but can't be bothered to produce any content. Why have we not seen Kody and Robyn have a one-on-one conversation about anything going on in their lives for the past few years? There are two adults who live together; they should have the easiest time producing relevant content since they don't have to come up with an excuse to meet up and yet they're the two where we get the least.

The twin announcement was self-filmed too. I had been quick to assume Robyn was pushing for it to keep the camera crew out of her house but now I really think that its TLC cheaping out. Why pay crew when you can buy a few tripods and hand them to each household? I really think its to the detriment of the show to go this route. Without a crew and producers there, these are dull people who give the bare minimum. Only having one or two cameras in fixed positions means we're missing things and because its self-film, who knows what's getting deleted before it goes to TLC. TLC has a hit and they are trying to get the most out of it for as little as possible but I think its going to kill the show. There is still drama there but there need to be producers and cameras in the homes way more often to catch it.

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Princess Mullet is bizarre!

She has absolutely no respect for other people’s personal space and she’s always jabbing, grabbing, lurching in and talking an inch from someone’s face…swinging her arms around like a windmill… making inappropriate comments… yikes!!!!!

The only good thing about her behaviour is she’ll probably be a million times worse as a teenager and drive Kody and Robyn crazy!!

Theres no way that kid will grow up to be a shrinking violet like Robyns other stepford children….I can’t wait for the shit to hit the fan!  👍🏻😂

I really have to wonder how much time she spends around kids her age. Part of that was covid but Robyn seems to keep her at home all the time. If she never socializes, she's never going to develop social skills. And maybe we're just not seeing the times Ari is socializing with kids her age because those parents won't consent to filming but she strikes me as a kid who needs to go to the park and run around with some other kids.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
On 10/30/2023 at 12:15 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I feel terrible for Meri.  Can you imagine talking about going out for your wedding anniversary and having your husband tell you he has to check with his wife first?  He could not be more of a jackass if he tried.

But we have seen this coming for the past several years. Was it last year- the year before-? Not sure, the Brown timeline seems to wrinkle constantly- but there was an anniversary where Meri and Kody went for the ride and sat on the black "murder tarp" by the highway and ate Rice Krispie treats where he was cold and distant and even recoiled in the car at the mention of a hug or kiss.  He told her when she announced moving her "boutique" to Parawan that he was great with that (and told *us*- "yeah, I thought she was movin' on. Nothing really left here for her.") He has shrugged nonchalantly while saying he isn't attracted to her; he basically  has no marriage with her; he rarely sees her (she admits this, too). So we have all been cringingly embarrassed for her when she asserts "I'm not goin' anywhere. I'm in this marriage to make it work." Yes, good for Meri that she sees the writing on the wall. But deep down she must know that ever since she was tempted to leave with "Sam" and she and Kody have no more of a marriage than I do with my local postal worker, it's been over a long time.

Thankfully we see no scenes of the giddy girlfriendship of Meri and Jen this week. Sadly, we get to watch Christine sigh as she tells us (usually repeating each point twice) that Kody was a lousy husband, that she is so happy being single; and we watch her squeal with delight (TWICE!) over the impending twins' birth. How funny that Tony wanted to know if both of them were his! (Honestly, I bet that really was a serious thought he had). And not to be unkind about a minor, but I am wondering about her comments about Truely- is she perhaps special needs? Just the emphasis on her "getting all the support she needs" and being treated gently for the first time in her life in SLC made me think that she is a little more fragile than has been shown in the past. Replaying the Kody/bike scene made me uncomfortable. I really dislike seeing kids being pushed to do things they aren't ready for. And Kody's comment, "there's no crying in baseball!" followed by Truely saying (so heartbreakingly) "this isn't baseball!" was just sad. 

I'm surprised Kody and Maddy have fallen out- he loves Caleb so I'm sure that's a real knife in his kidneys. But as others have said, all it takes is a phone call to start to heal ("hill"). Kody's pride has completely undone him. He justifies his break with his adult children by conflating love with "respect;" and justifies alienating them with "they're adults; they need to move on now." Those of us with adult children know that maturing and becoming independent does not mean cutting off a relationship with parents. And let's not forget- he has 3 adult children living in his home right now.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, MamaGee said:

And based on the talking heads, I think Tony (at least and possibly Mykelti) is using Ozempic. His hair has that thinning, fried, wispy look that is widespread among users. And I think Mykelti's looks a little thinner than it used to....

I'm curious as to why people always assume someone is on Ozempic if they've lost weight. I know people who take it; they don't have "fried hair" and are doing well after struggling for years to lose. And from what I've read recently, there are benefits to the drug. Anyway, I think Ozempic has become the latest "demon" that people are accusing others of abusing/overusing to the extent that it excludes those who "reallly" need it from getting it.  Mykelti has had two pregnancies- one a multiple- and could very well have lost the "natural" way.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5

Although Truley was tip-toeing to reach the ground her feet easily reached the pedals when she was seated on the seat and when you are "walking" your bike you generally don't plant yourself on the seat (or at least I don't).  Now I'm going to look at other riders and see how they manage it.  I fear that if she hasn't learned to ride a bike at age 12 she probably isn't going to - unless that calm guy (Mitch?) takes her out by herself and practices a lot of patience with her...without cameras and an audience (although they were well meaning).

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I need a fade-out scene at the very end of this entire show, showing us Kody picking Robyn up from her first shift manning the french fryer at McDonald's, dejectedly getting into the car with her eyebrow stencils melted down her cheeks and her hair full of fry grease splatter.

Kody will be working three shifts at McDonalds before she gets a job, and she'll complain about having to pick him up because they only have one car and it's not like she can be home all day without one.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1