Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Battle Lines are Drawn

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

LOL! at Robyn saying she and her kids got voted off The Brown Family Island. No, witch. You executed a coup of a banana republic, everyone fled and now you are stuck with the ringlet curled knuckle dragger on the Island of Misfit Plygs and all the lifeboats have holes in them (which you drilled) and you can't swim. Have fun! 

I love this analogy! 😆  But also, I would proudly vote those people out of my life.  I would looove to hear Robyn say that, followed by a cutaway to Janelle or Christine saying, with authority, 'Yes we did! We suuure did!'.  It's a good thing to cut out disease, Robyn. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just when you think Douche and Sobbyn can't get any more disgusting, they always manage to go even lower. And that Breanna, Jesus H. Christ! Sobbyn's really brainwashed her and the other kids.

In one clip, where Mykelti was there and they were singing Happy Birthday to her toddler, I noticed Areola had to lean across the table and demand the cake. WTF is with that kid's hair anyway? A mullet for a little girl? WTAF?! I had a flash forward in that moment of Ari growing up to become a very butch trucker with an adult mullet...that'd be interesting, mainly because Sobbyn likes to act like she's all accepting of the kids being gay but I suspect it's so long as it's not one of her chicken tenders...

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 10
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Wonky timeline editing.  Last week was Janelle’s birthday (May).  This week is Christine’s ex anniversary(April). 

Thanks for that. Just when I thought this show was moving forward in time, now it is in reverse. I guess TLC needs the filler to stretch this series on and on and on.

Also, at the dinner at Garrison's house, Truely was with Cody. Later at the lunch with Christine's girlfriends, Cody calls to ask if he can see Truely. So, this lunch happened first but was shown as though it happened after the dinner at Garrison's house. 

Why can't the timeline be in correct order? Am I missing something?

Also, with all the time Janelle and Christine have lived in Flagstaff, Janelle has never met any of Christine's friends?

Edited by js9548
  • Like 9

On previews- Why does Robyn think her opinion matters? "This isn't what I want." Like she makes the rules. Obviously she does if she can actually say that out loud. 

Obviously polygamy works well lol. Even Christine doesn't understand the reason for it being illegal which was to protect the state's resources and to a lesser (more recently) extent to protect women from abuse.

• Like 15
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

They have the same pinched/sad/teary faces and victim personalities. It is sad for them too, but they have no recourse but to do what they are told and follow mama's lead. God help them when/if they grow up enough to leave the house and try to have relationships of their own.

They actually DO have recourse now -- Leave! Do we know why they're still living with Kody and Robyn other than to be part of the filming, which they really aren't very much? Get an apartment together or with friends and just get to breathe without the parents always there. Oh wait, Robyn controls everything they do and say so no moving out for them while the OG kids are pretty much expected to move on (and are doing it well).

7 hours ago, renatae said:

It was so enlightening to hear what the kids had to say about all this, and to hear them calling Robyn out on her behavior, but it feels so bad that they know their dad doesn't give a rat's behind about them

It's one thing for us to say their dad doesn't give a rat's behind about them. We're impartial (okay, not so much coz we all hate Kody) observers. But it's awful for the kids to understand that their dad doesn't care at all about them. On the other hand, it would be worse if they were still hanging on in hopes they could do something that would make Kody care. Wait, that sounds like Meri.

• Like 3
  • Sad 17
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

On previews- Why does Robyn think her opinion matters? "This isn't what I want." Like she makes the rules. Obviously she does if she can actually say that out loud. 

Obviously polygamy works well lol. Even Christine doesn't understand the reason for it being illegal which was to protect the state's resources and to a lesser (more recently) extent to protect women from abuse.

And why was she involved in the Christmas gift exchange, it didn’t appear that Janelle, Christine or Meri were at all from what we have seen.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
Just now, endure said:

And why was she involved in the Christmas gift exchange, it didn’t appear that Janelle, Christine or Meri were at all from what we have seen.

Maybe because the youngest 2 siblings are still minors and their mom would be shopping for them to find gifts?  Thinking as Robyn, mind you, which hurts my head and heart.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
10 minutes ago, endure said:

Because Robyn still believed that as the queen of the family she should set all the rules and be obeyed in all things.

If she watches this episode and ever understands that the older OG children see her clearly and refuse to be manipulated by her and are quite happy to just ignore her she will have to take to her bed and cry even more about being a victim.

• Like 10
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Roslyn said:

So. For years and years we have watched this show and listened to their pontificating about how their polygamy was just as wholesome as our lowly monogamy. They did the tap dance and kept the viewers tuned in then... wow. The masks were torn off and the real show began. I feel like we should be seeing Dr. Frank N. Furter appearing before us to break into song.

Asshat is no Tim Curry!!!🤣🤣

• LOL 16
8 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Every episode Kody says or does something extraordinarily terrible or shocking, and my jaw hits the floor.  Then he outdoes himself the next episode.  I mean, these are his kids.  His kids.

Let's face it, he had his mistresses to keep "his pencil wet" (to quote the asshat) constantly.  A new wet hole every night.  He did not give two shits about the kids that resulted.  Those WOMEN (with the exception of the favorite wife) worked their asses off to feed and clothe and care for those kids.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, endure said:

Good question.  Also, can someone explain the gift exchange thing?  Meaning, how exactly is it done via Zoom?  Coordinating the exchanges?  I’m only asking because I’m trying to figure out how Robyn got involved and how it provoked the fight.  (Gwen’s explanation was confusing to me).  

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Good question.  Also, can someone explain the gift exchange thing?  Meaning, how exactly is it done via Zoom?  Coordinating the exchanges?  I’m only asking because I’m trying to figure out how Robyn got involved and how it provoked the fight.  (Gwen’s explanation was confusing to me).  

An episode or so ago, the explanation seemed to involve the act of drawing the names.  Robyn wanted that on zoom and the OG felt it was impossible to coordinate everyone’s  schedule and also manage that many people on a zoom call.  I believe Gwen explained this time that she made a joke about having each mom do the drawing for  their kids and compete for fastest draw. That set Robyn off.  Honestly all four moms would have had to be in the same place to do it because you want to draw names from one ‘hat’.  

Kody and Robyn fail to understand that they aren’t in control of the adult offspring’s time . Especially  the ones she didn’t give birth to. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Did anyone else feel like something major was left out of the Christine-Janelle-Kids conversation?

Gwendlyn said, "Oh my God, imagine your father loving you." At first, I thought she was making a general and sarcastic comment on behalf of all the kids who were on the outs with Kody following the Christmas gift exchange text fiasco.

Then Savanah tried to tell Gwendlyn that she thought Kody still loved her. Gwen said, "Me?" and Garrison quickly interrupted to say, "That's enough." It's clear he was trying to shut Savanah down.

Janelle insisted that he let his sister say what she was trying to say, but I felt like Savanah went more vague than she originally intended. Once again with this crazy family, it felt like they were talking in code about some other incident we don't know about.

Savanah finished by saying she thought Kody still loved Gwendlyn, and added, "He's just angry at you for like no reason at all." 

I know Kody has been an increasingly good for nothing father to the OG13, but even adjusting for his deadbeatness, the whole exchange seemed weird to me.

In a talking head, Christine added that she's been telling Gwendlyn for years that her father loves her. What the heck is going on there?

It's pretty telling that in Kody's talking head, he didn't bother to say, "Of course I love Gwendlyn." Instead, he popped off like a cranky five-year-old, with a statement that amounted to, "I am rubber. You are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

I wish I had a decoder ring for this dang show.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

My ex's grandfather only liked his children and grandchildren when they were young.  Once they reached the age where they expressed their own opinions (usually about 13 or so) he quit interacting with them for the most part.  It was heartbreaking, especially after his first wife died and he married his secretary and replaced his grandchildren with her children.  Up until that point he was a significant and loving presence in their lives.

When he died stepmother took all the money and ran!

I see a lot of that behavior in Kody.  When Robyn's kids wise up and stop toeing the company line he will lose interest in them also.

I haven't watched the episode yet but I wonder if Gwen's problems with Kody stem from her open bisexuality?  (Didn't she say on an episode or so ago that she is bisexual?)

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I haven't watched the episode yet but I wonder if Gwen's problems with Kody stem from her open bisexuality?  (Didn't she say on an episode or so ago that she is bisexual?)

Possibly, but I do think Kody was supportive off-camera, as well as on, when Leon (who was then still publicly identifying by their birth name) came out as gay. I think he was supportive off-camera, because he and Leon seemed to continue to have decent conversations. He was glad they got engaged to Audrey. They talked on the phone about Covid, when Leon and Audrey were quarantining there after leaving Chicago, but before they went to Parowan to help out Grandma Bonnie with the B&B. 

That is to say, I wouldn't think Kody who accepted Leon as gay would get his panties in a bunch about Gwen being bi.

Whatever it was, it's just one more conversation on this show that feels like it was actually code for some other conversation.

And I get it. I get that the family has no incentive to share their darkest moments that managed to escape the camera, but so don't allude to them, Browns. Ugh. they just drive me nuts.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, General Days said:

They talked on the phone about Covid, when Leon and Audrey were quarantining there after leaving Chicago, but before they went to Parowan to help out Grandma Bonnie with the B&B. 

He went to Meri’s to see them and had no idea they had already been gone for a week.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3

It is so hard ( I mean harder than usual) to get invested in all of this drama over Christmas, when it is Christmas of 2021, FFS. I can't remember, but has this show always been a year and a half behind current time, or is that partially due to Covid? Even the scenes of Christine celebrating her ex anniversary and Janelle's birthday? Janelle has had another birthday since then and Christine another ex anniversary. I really think the show needs to jump ahead a year, because not only is this like watching paint dry, it is old paint in a dull colour that needs to be repainted ASAP. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

He went to Meri’s to see them and had no idea they had already been gone for a week.

Not to defend Kody but the onus was on Leon to call him and say...hey we are here. He would have had no idea of their arrival date and may have been waiting for their call.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, General Days said:

In a talking head, Christine added that she's been telling Gwendlyn for years that her father loves her. What the heck is going on there?

Christine believes that "all kids need a father".  When they were talking about going back to live in Utah, Kody told her that even if they did return, she still wouldn't have access to her father. That remark made her cry.  So, I can't help but believe she is projecting.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

I haven’t finished the episode yet, but Holy Hell, Breanna imitates her trauma momma perfectly during her couch - poor me conversations.  Aurora is a great Eyeore as well.

I’ve been noticing that Robyn wears the same style tops, in different patterns in every episode.  Very unflattering style too.  She I looks very hard and unpleasant.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
43 minutes ago, General Days said:

They do have Tell All episodes after most seasons now (although Covid screwed it up one year), or are you just joking, because we call the Sister Wives Tell All a Tell Nothing?

Them being interviewed separately doesn't count. If I remember correctly, and maybe it was due to Covid, but they did do somewhat of a Tell All but it sucked. I want them all on one stage slugging it out.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I really think the show needs to jump ahead a year, because not only is this like watching paint dry, it is old paint in a dull colour that needs to be repainted ASAP. 

I think last week or the week before they acknowledged a fairly big jump (6 months?) so maybe we'll get another one of those. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I believe Garrison was attempting to protect Savanah.

Really? Do you mean like protect her from Kody's wrath, or protect her from something else?

It was interesting to me that Janelle told Garrison to let Savanah say what she needed to.

35 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Them being interviewed separately doesn't count. If I remember correctly, and maybe it was due to Covid, but they did do somewhat of a Tell All but it sucked. I want them all on one stage slugging it out.  

I don't think we'll see that kind of Tell All ever again. They never slugged it out (which I kind of admired them for their restraint), but they did do them all together.

The show put out Tell Alls with all the parents in seasons 6 (once was midway and the other was at the end of the season), 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (2-parter), 12 (2-parter), and 13 (2-parter). I think they didn't do any in seasons 14 and 15, because of the pandemic. The action in season 14 took place prior to the pandemic, but they always film the Tell Alls a good while after the season was filmed, so I suspect that's what got in the way.

Seasons 16 and 17 had the One-on-One style Tell Alls, which was probably as much because of Christine and Kody's breakup as anything else. 

I think we find out more in the One-on-Ones. They're all so passive aggressive, that they actually use those episodes to say all the things they'd never say in front of the other spouses.

• Like 5

Just like most of you, I continue to be surprised at how Kody outdoes himself every week with his awfulness. He called his own kids jerks! He and his wife are alienating even their favored kids and not allowing them to have a relationship with their siblings! I can't even blame Aurora and Breanna for their acting--they have been sheltered and isolated by their mom for so many years. They want to be friendly with their siblings for the most part, and they can't see that it's their own parents that are keeping them locked away in a tower. I really hope they all escape when this shitshow is over.

• Like 18
  • Applause 1
On 10/16/2023 at 9:27 AM, General Days said:

If you have to keep telling your kid, over the course of years, that her father loves her...he probably doesn't.

Edited by the-grey-lady
no number of years specified in original post
  • Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Just like most of you, I continue to be surprised at how Kody outdoes himself every week with his awfulness. He called his own kids jerks! He and his wife are alienating even their favored kids and not allowing them to have a relationship with their siblings! I can't even blame Aurora and Breanna for their acting--they have been sheltered and isolated by their mom for so many years. They want to be friendly with their siblings for the most part, and they can't see that it's their own parents that are keeping them locked away in a tower. I really hope they all escape when this shitshow is over.

I was just coming here to say that I was really upset that Kody and Robyn screwed up Aurora's and Breanna's relationships with the other kids. Last season Robyn lied to them and said they do not want to spend Thanksgiving with us - when it was the protocols and them being unable to do them in time for Thanksgiving 2020- and if I recall they did spend Christmas and Ariella's birthday with them, it was Robyn who outright told Meri Christmas 2021 that inviting over Janelle's kids would be scary and it was also Robyn who messed up the sibling gift exchange. Robyb's oldest children have only heard Robyn and Kody's side of the story - I wonder if they are even allowed to watch the show. And early on, Robyn did a lot to keep her kids separate from the rest - having separate child care, and later keeping her kids home from school when the other kids went back after the early months of the pandemic. 

After Breanna and Aurora's snarkiness about Janelle's trailer last year I really did not like them, but it is clear that they are also victims of Robyn and Kody's gaslighting and Robyn always having to be the victim. It was really sad to watch them while at the same time strange because they are so much like Robyn! I did like that Aurora spoke well of Gabe. 

I hope they do figure it out and get to live a life away from Robyn and Kody and figure out who they are outside of Robyn. 

Edited by zamp33
Fix a couple of misspelled words and needed to clarify pronouns
  • Like 21
  • Applause 3