Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E09: Battle Lines are Drawn

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I kind of think she is playing US...or trying to, anyway.  She is known to make statements in her talking heads that make her appear the victim, instead of the instigator.  I think she is pleased that she "won."  She's been receiving all of Kody's affection and resources for years, and wanted to continue to gloat over the other wives while sharing their pot of money.  But, I truly don't believe her when she cries over losing the family.

You can’t gloat over winning the man when nobody else wants him anymore. I guess Robyn didn’t think that far ahead. It’s going to take someone really sheltered and stupid or someone who wants to golddig on what’s left of the reality fame to join this family and let Robyn live her polygamy dream. Please somebody call up one of the skanks from Flavor or Love or Rock of Love, etc. to dethrone Robin. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
21 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You can’t gloat over winning the man when nobody else wants him anymore. I guess Robyn didn’t think that far ahead. It’s going to take someone really sheltered and stupid or someone who wants to golddig on what’s left of the reality fame to join this family and let Robyn live her polygamy dream. Please somebody call up one of the skanks from Flavor or Love or Rock of Love, etc. to dethrone Robin. 

Ahahaha, skanks.  I love that word and haven't heard it in a while. It needs to make a comeback.  😆

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I absolutely LOVE how Gwen is 100% onto Robyn's shenanigans.  It is SO validating that it's not just us on the snark boards that can see right through Robyn's dry tears while she proclaims her victimhood.

If Ari is forgetting who her siblings are?  Make her remove her pacifier and show her pictures of her siblings and have her repeat their names.  Or, and this is a reach - have Ari's stupid dad make amends with his adult kids so that maybe Ari can actually see them in person.  Better yet, ask Robyn to stop lying because I doubt this 7 year old child has really forgotten the names of her siblings.

And honestly, only Robyn Brown could equate a Zoom call with "past trauma" in an attempt to guilt the OG kids to do - what, exactly?  What was her end game?  It was a simple gift exchange.  I have read the posts and watched the episode and I don't get why Robyn would insert herself into a tradition that has been going on for 20 years and manage to ruin it completely, claiming "trauma."  Trauma for what - that she didn't want Gabe or Garrison to draw Ariabelliobla's name because she was afraid they'd ship her a pair of scissors to snip her binkies?

Well said~~!!!!

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I haven't read all of the pages since the ep aired and I'm sure this has been said many times but I must say that I was horrified to see how much Breanna resembles her mother's victimhood.  Particularly how see repeated several times  'I just don't understand' or 'I'm just trying to understand' with the scrunched up face and look of woe is me.   Gah!  What Robyn has done to those kids.

I wonder if we'll see and hear from Dayton at all this season.

I have had enough of Robyn blaming everything that is wrong on "after Christine left" or "after Christine did what she did'.  

Edited by BnJJ
  • Like 18
  • Applause 5
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also - Meri, Just Jenn and Just Jenn's Husband's comedy routine can take a few seats.  Not sure what we were supposed to get from Jenn showcasing the gap between her husband's shirt and his pants while he stretched up to remove a cabinet.  And what's with Meri asking JJH if he was "jealous" that his wife had a plyg friend?  Who is he supposed to be jealous of?  Meri?  Why?  Certainly not Kody.  I didn't understand a single portion of any of their segments, but then again, I'm not in 7th grade anymore.

Here’s my take and I could be way off.  I think some people think Meri and Jen are more than just friends and this was to show that Jen is in a relationship with a real guy!

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, endure said:

Here’s my take and I could be way off.  I think some people think Meri and Jen are more than just friends and this was to show that Jen is in a relationship with a real guy!

Yes, there was a real “we do everything together….except THAT” vibe to the segment. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

5) While I'm at it...Wth is with Meri and her "friend"?  It's just another clear case of arrested development.  Has Meri ever had a friend before?  She's behaving like this is her first BEST FRIEND in middle school. So embarrassing.  

I loved that you said this. Every time I see those 2 on screen I think of Ricky Gervais hosting the Golden Globes many moons ago. Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer were being kinda obnoxious.  Gervais said the duo told him several times to note that they are best friends. Gervais was like: “Basically, It’s like they’ve never had a friend before.” This is totally Meri and Jen's vibe. 

17 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I sincerely hope that Meri, Janelle, and Christine have removed themselves from donating to Robyn's err the Fambly pot!!

This part!

I can't wait for the next episode. I really thought I saw actual moisture on Robyn's face during the preview of Meri finally having enough. I'm sure if there are, it is because Sobyn sees all the OG13 family Robyn pot money flying away out of her greedy gasp - as well it should.

money-cash.gif

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I sincerely hope that Meri, Janelle, and Christine have removed themselves from donating to Robyn's err the Fambly pot!!

Otherwise known as the Precious Victoria's Moments Fund.  

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
typo
  • LOL 19
8 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

1) True narcs are not really treatable because their dysfunctional beliefs are such an ingrained part if their personalities that they just can't ever objectively see them.  They are incapable of true insight.  Without insight there is no moviation to change anything.

Sobyn BELIEVES she is a victim.  It is her truth (despite ALL evidence to the contrary).  If anyone tries to call her out on her behavior (or encourages her to see things differently), she regards those attempts as PROOF she is being victimized.  Trying to hold her accountable is victimizing her.

This is her whole personalty and has been since before she joined this family.  

It is a self fulfilling role: if you truly believe you're a victim then every interaction will feel like an attack.  

The older kids seem to really understand Sobyn.

2) Kody is a weak personality.  I mean he blusters a lot.  He's mad.  He's always mad.  But "mad" isn't a personality.  It's the lowest form of emotion.  It's what you are if you can't access or express more complex emotions.  Toddlers get cranky when tired or frustrated.  Kody has the emotional maturity of a toddler.  And toddlers are narcissist.  They don't have the maturity to think outside themselves and their needs/wants.

Since Kody's met Sobyn, he's a victim too.  He's mad that Sobyn is being victimized.  He's mad that now he is being victimized. 

Kody is just a cranky toddler who absorbs the personality of the person he's standing next to rather than developing his own).

3) That weird victim speak, learned helplessness (learned perpetual "confusion") can be generational.  When Sobyn's little sobyns were talking there was a strange disconnect about them.  Their words seemed rehersed and like it was someone else's voice.  It reminded me sooooo much of those weird "keep sweet" voices you hear from Michelle Duggar, etc...   So creepy.  So not believable.  

Makes me think Sobyn came to her personality from her childhood role models.

Sobyn is working hard to raise some victims of her own.

4) I see Mekalty (sp?) weirdness as a maturity issue too.  That girl has always been strangely immature and the family has struggled with that about her.  Her courtship with Tony was just cringe.   And now she finds herself feeling like she has a bit of power in the family as the "go between".  Clearly she is being manipulated.  It's all so obvious, but she doesn't yet have the maturity to see that.  Hopefully she will grow up. 

5) While I'm at it...Wth is with Meri and her "friend"?  It's just another clear case of arrested development.  Has Meri ever had a friend before?  She's behaving like this is her first BEST FRIEND in middle school. So embarrassing.  

___

I think it's safe to say polygamy isn't a breeding ground for emotional growth...at least not in this family.

So insightful!  Can you please host the next reunion? 

• Like 13

I forgot I mentioned this song earlier, until after I hit submit on this post, but does this episode title give anyone else a raging earworm of the Buffalo Springfield song, "For What It's Worth"?

The title, "Battle Lines are Drawn," is just slightly off from the beginning of the second verse, "There's battle lines being drawn."

Maybe when I see the episode title, my brain is trying to fix it. The earworm has just been relentless, but then @SemiCharmedLife helped break it simply by posting (because of the Third Eye Blind song). 

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I loved that you said this. Every time I see those 2 on screen I think of Ricky Gervais hosting the Golden Globes many moons ago. Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer were being kinda obnoxious.  Gervais said the duo told him several times to note that they are best friends. Gervais was like: “Basically, It’s like they’ve never had a friend before.” This is totally Meri and Jen's vibe. 

This was a tough episode, so I was grateful for any bit of lightheartedness. Meri has been portrayed as such a dark cloud, for so long, that it's nice to see her sunny side, and it's nice to see her inside, instead of shivering on a patio with Robyn.

Basically, the show has beaten me down to the point where appreciate any deviation from the formulaic Robyn/Meri and Janelle/Christine scenes. They were getting so monotonous. 

For nobodies, it seems the Browns might have a lot of say in what they'll film and what they won't. Sister Wives is my only reality show, but a long time ago, I did watch a couple of seasons of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. That show felt like the producers would just tell those women, "You're going here, and you're filming this with so-and-so, oh and did you know what's-her-face says you need a better Botox technician," and off they'd trot. It's weird to me that we have not seen any Meri and Janelle scenes.

Is it weird that the show hasn't asked for such scenes?

On one hand, I guess what we are getting is somewhat more real, in that Meri and Janelle don't choose to hang out together, so why would they be filmed together.

On the other hand, I don't think Robyn hangs out with anyone outside of her household (and the "Nanny"), so the show is already contriving the Meri/Robyn scenes. It would be far more interesting to see Meri and Janelle than yet another Robyn tries to bait Meri into trash talking Christine and Christine tries to bait Janelle into trash talking Kody scenes.

I'm glad Meri and Christine have friends outside of the family, but I don't need them introduced this far into the series. Their outside friendships have never been why we tuned in.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, General Days said:

So the episode title isn't verbatim, but every time I see this "Battle Lines Are Drawn" title, I think of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth." Anyone else?

You read my mind!  Young Stephen Stills was quite the hottie.  We saw him solo in 1971.

• Like 6

A lot of this episode seemed stilted and rehearsed; the "dinner at Garrison's" seemed to consist of a lot of awkward interactions. And come ON, you can't tell me that Christine "had no idea" that Savanah sees but doesn't interact with Brianna at school, or that her and Janelle's kids feel that Robyn is manipulative and plays victim and has since the beginning. If they are all as close as they claim to be, there surely has been a LOT of conversation among the older kids regarding the family dynamic, etc. I would LOVE to see all the text messages that likely have flown between them all. I do give Janelle credit for keeping a neutral face throughout the discussion- but I can't tolerate Christine's overacting which was very apparent this episode. Also- Christine "cooked" for her family? From what I saw, she ripped open a bagged salad and threw some bottled dressing on the table. Why does she have to make every "mill" sound like a gourmet's dream when we are forced to watch her family eat bagged salad, mock tapioca pudding and her grandma's rolls? Boring, boring, boring. At least they had dessert- the pie servings were gargantuan.

Kody really showed his ass, didn't he? He just needed the perfect reason to "not want to talk to anybody" as he carries on with his victim mentality and refuses to even think about his own role in his deteriorating relationships with his kids. And of course, there's Robyn who hangs on to "after Christine left everything went to shit" excuse. I guess she has blocked from her memory the scene at Coyote Pass where Christine cried and said "I can't do this anymore," or all the FILMED confessionals where C said how unhappy she was, how she and Kody had no real relationship, and how she begged him to help fix their marriage. Nope. She and Kody both insist on camera that it was a complete surprise that Christine left and after that, the family crumbled.  And Robyn really pulled that upside down "U" mouth after her latest jab at Christine. Honey, you can't faze her; she left, you got the spoils you wanted and now you get to deal with an angry, psychotic Kody. Have fun with that. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, BnJJ said:

I haven't read all of the pages since the ep aired and I'm sure this has been said many times but I must say that I was horrified to see how much Breanna resembles her mother's victimhood.  Particularly how see repeated several times  'I just don't understand' or 'I'm just trying to understand' with the scrunched up face and look of woe is me.   Gah!  What Robyn has done to those kids.

I wonder if we'll see and hear from Dayton at all this season.

I have had enough of Robyn blaming everything that is wrong on "after Christine left" or "after Christine did what she did'.  

You forgot 'I'm confuuuuused'.  

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

And Robyn really pulled that upside down "U" mouth after her latest jab at Christine. 

Someone on TikTok was watching the show and froze the screen on one particularly pronounced "U" on Robyn's face - it was impressive, to say the least.  I didn't know human faces could actually do that, I'd only seen it in cartoons and such.

And I think we all deserve a treat for putting up with these people for the past 37 years...so if we actually do see liquid tears on Robyn's face at the upcoming picnic table confrontation scene, we all get to buy ourselves a key lime pie or a shot of whiskey, whatever floats your boat.  If she's faking it again, we get both.  Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Someone on TikTok was watching the show and froze the screen on one particularly pronounced "U" on Robyn's face - it was impressive, to say the least.  I didn't know human faces could actually do that, I'd only seen it in cartoons and such.

I tried hard to replicate that smile turned upside down contortion to no avail.

Among her many attributes she may have a double jointed jaw...explains the unflagging devotion by Kody.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I tried hard to replicate that smile turned upside down contortion to no avail.

Among her many attributes she may have a double jointed jaw...explains the unflagging devotion by Kody.

We might actually need serious help, because I looked in my mirror and tried to do the same thing. 😂

• LOL 18
14 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

I see Mekalty (sp?) weirdness as a maturity issue too.  That girl has always been strangely immature and the family has struggled with that about her.  Her courtship with Tony was just cringe.   And now she finds herself feeling like she has a bit of power in the family as the "go between".  Clearly she is being manipulated.  It's all so obvious, but she doesn't yet have the maturity to see that.  Hopefully she will grow up.

I believe it would be in Mykelti’s best interest to watch or re-watch the show with the two Christmases.  The one Kody spent with Robyn and her children and the one he spent with her, Ysabel and Truely.  The one with Robyn and her kids, he was all giddy and excited.  However, the one with them he was spiritless, and made it seem like a chore. “Well, I guess we can open the presents.” 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I believe it would be in Mykelti’s best interest to watch or re-watch the show with the two Christmases.  The one Kody spent with Robyn and her children and the one he spent with her, Ysabel and Truely.  The one with Robyn and her kids, he was all giddy and excited.  However, the one with them he was spiritless, and made it seem like a chore. “Well, I guess we can open the presents.” 

Kootie:  'well, I can't jump Sobbyn's bones with YOU PEOPLE birthed by Christine around us.'

He's such a pissy, petulant, mean, shitty parent to all but Sobbyn's spawn.  

Mykelti is being manipulated, whether she wants to admit it, or not.

• Like 20
  • Sad 1

I seem to recall somewhere that Mykelti said she didn't watch the show because she supposedly wanted to remain neutral or something.  Who knows with her.

I half way expected Kody to stick out his tongue like a little kid at the end of his rant about calling his kids jerks and saying he didn't want to talk to them or be around them.  He could stomp his foot for emphasis.  

And speaking of Kodilocks - he is quite the victim.  First Meri tricked him into marrying her.  Then mean old Christine messed up his wanting to reconcile with Meri (that lie was amazingly transparent).  Then Janelle only wanted him for his money and his pecs nether of which he actually has.  And now Christine forced her way into the family.  How exactly did that happen?  Is she a pistol-packin mama or something?  He really needs a mental health evaluation because he is becoming disconnected from reality.

I would like to know what Sobbyn is talking about when she claims Ari is forgetting her siblings.  As I recall, they all spent Christmas together in 2020 after they jumped through all the hoops.  Then sometime in January 2021, they all showed up for Ari's birthday party and Gabe gave a very nice toast to the birthday girl.  So, by December of 2021 Ari was forgetting her siblings.  That might have made sense if she was 2 or 3, but she was 5 at the time.  

Breanna makes that same downturned U face Robyn does.  It was kinda spooky watching her.  I wonder if she and Aurora are allowed any friends.  I'm sure Robyn told them a lot of lies before they got on the group text so that they would take offense at the slightest thing.  I'm also sure they are all on a family plan for the phones, so Robyn monitors their calls and texts.  If they ever wanted to try and talk to their step siblings, they would have to do it in person if they could get away from her long enough.  It sounded like the OG kids had no problem with Robyn's kids, it was all Robyn.

I thought I remembered someone said that two of the parents asked to be added to the group text.  My guess is the two were Kody and Robyn.  The others weren't on the chat.  When Christine first mentioned it a few episodes ago I thought she was relating what her kids had told her about the chat, that she didn't see it for herself.  So while I think the producers set up the scene at Garrison's house, I don't think she or Janelle were privy to exactly what was said.  I did appreciate that Janelle has a mom voice. When Garrison wouldn't let Savanah speak, she quietly told him to let her say what she needed to say.  I felt terrible for Gabe throughout.  He was really hurting.  Certainly not the jerk Kody said he is.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I seem to recall somewhere that Mykelti said she didn't watch the show because she supposedly wanted to remain neutral or something.  Who knows with her.

She watches it with Tony. They go on Patreon and give their takes on the episodes each week.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

She watches it with Tony. They go on Patreon and give their takes on the episodes each week.

So, since she can make bank on it, she'll watch now.  I wonder how she feels about Kody calling his own kids jerks and saying her mother forced her way into the family.  Does she just think he is speaking impulsively and doesn't really mean all this stuff?  She and Tony just rub me the wrong way.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Just here to second what @ginger90 said. Mykelti does a live watch party every Tuesday (where she watches the episode that just aired two days before). I'm not sure what you were recalling. Perhaps that was from some time ago. She's been doing this for a while and certainly for all of season 18 (the current season).

So, since she can make bank on it, she'll watch now.

I actually think it is grotesque that the child "performers" (because that is what they are, whether or not the industry or the law recognize them as such) don't get some sort of guaranteed salary for their contributions to reality TV series, the way child actors do, so I'm not going to criticize these kids for "making bank" on the show that exploited their childhoods.

I thought I remembered someone said that two of the parents asked to be added to the group text.  My guess is the two were Kody and Robyn.  The others weren't on the chat.  When Christine first mentioned it a few episodes ago I thought she was relating what her kids had told her about the chat, that she didn't see it for herself.  So while I think the producers set up the scene at Garrison's house, I don't think she or Janelle were privy to exactly what was said.  I did appreciate that Janelle has a mom voice. When Garrison wouldn't let Savanah speak, she quietly told him to let her say what she needed to say.  I felt terrible for Gabe throughout.  He was really hurting.  Certainly not the jerk Kody said he is.

As far as I can recall, from both what aired on the show in this episode and the last one, as well as what family members said in other places, the original group text was just between all of the kids who have cell phones (i.e. every kid except Sol and Ari). I don't recall how many parents asked to be added, but I believe both Mykelti and Gwendlyn independently confirmed that all of the parents were added.

I do also remember that Gwen said something like, "Meri said let's remember that we're all family," when the Group Text from Hell was establishing its Hellish origins.

Also, Meri talked about the group text in the S18.E02 episode about the text thread, as did Kody (who confirmed getting it, but claimed he didn't get too involved). Janelle and Christine also talked about what happened on the text. I think your memory is off on this one.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
On 10/17/2023 at 9:59 PM, BnJJ said:

I was horrified to see how much Breanna resembles her mother's victimhood.  Particularly how see repeated several times  'I just don't understand' or 'I'm just trying to understand' with the scrunched up face and look of woe is me.

Expand  

You forgot 'I'm confuuuuused'.  

And, "they need to figger it out."

Edited by Teri313
Fixed spacing
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 14
On 10/17/2023 at 9:21 AM, Shelbie said:

I think Kody has immense trouble accepting that any member of his family chooses to believe any other version of reality than what he has decreed. He thinks he is entitled to all the empathy and sympathy.

Also entitled to his favorite—LOYALTY!

On 10/17/2023 at 3:04 PM, General Days said:

I agree, laurakaye.

Right? In a very minimal way, I can understand Robyn wanting to be included in the texts planning the sibling gift exchange, because she has two little kids. It is rational to want to know the plan first hand, rather than rely on word of mouth from her other kids. But that's it.

I will never understand why she tried to take control of how the siblings do the sibling exchange away from the siblings. More of them are adults than not at this point (and were at that point). It was not Robyn's place. It wasn't the place of any of the parents. Let the kids have their own relationships.

I don’t understand why Dayton, Aurora, or Breanna wouldn’t just tell Robyn (or Kody) that Sol has _____ and Arianna has _____. Then maybe Robyn and the littler kids could’ve done a phone or zoom call to ask their person for present ideas. It could’ve been so easy. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Also entitled to his favorite—LOYALTY!

I don’t understand why Dayton, Aurora, or Breanna wouldn’t just tell Robyn (or Kody) that Sol has _____ and Arianna has _____. Then maybe Robyn and the littler kids could’ve done a phone or zoom call to ask their person for present ideas. It could’ve been so easy. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's just waaaaay too logical!!

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

I liked how Kody was shown going on and on about Christine trash talking him to the children and Christine was shown trying to reassure the kids that there could be a relationship with Kody. I don't think the editors are fond of Kody. 

• Like 17
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 10/16/2023 at 1:43 PM, General Days said:
On 10/16/2023 at 12:54 PM, gaPeach said:

Them being interviewed separately doesn't count. If I remember correctly, and maybe it was due to Covid, but they did do somewhat of a Tell All but it sucked. I want them all on one stage slugging it out.  

I don't think we'll see that kind of Tell All ever again. They never slugged it out (which I kind of admired them for their restraint), but they did do them all together.

We won't see them all on the same stage for a Tell All because - say it with me everyone - ITS NOT A SAFE PLACE FOR KODOUCHE & SOBBYN. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

I don’t understand why Dayton, Aurora, or Breanna wouldn’t just tell Robyn (or Kody) that Sol has _____ and Arianna has _____. Then maybe Robyn and the littler kids could’ve done a phone or zoom call to ask their person for present ideas. It could’ve been so easy. 

Me too. I mean, I agree with you overall, but as the mother of three kids, I do understand wanting first hand details -- in a very limited way.

There were stages in my kids' lives, regardless of whether they were legal minors or adults, where, if I went by what they told me, I wouldn't have had the full information. When they were 17, 19, 21 -- I couldn't have relied upon them to tell me what I would find important (and what the adult world would find important).

If I had five kids instead of three, and if the three I have were the ages Robyn's oldest three were, when this gift exchange group text from Hell took place, yet I would have been the one (in all actuality) to shop for, wrap, and ship the gifts for my tenders, I would've have said, "Add me to the text, so I get all the particulars."

BUT, that's where it would have stopped. I wouldn't have told them how to run their gift swap. I just would have wanted the long-distance, COVID-time exchange details first hand, rather than getting them second hand. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, General Days said:

<snip>

I'm glad Meri and Christine have friends outside of the family, but I don't need them introduced this far into the series. Their outside friendships have never been why we tuned in.

I suspect, especially for Meri, the issue is they want someone else for her to film with to "process" or progress her storyline with or even just do other filming with. 

If she can't with her child, and she's really not in active relationship with anyone else in the Brown family (beyond the brief stuff with K/R), plus with her mom gone, they would only have her alone in talking head scenes really or alone going about some activity and fully narrating to herself.

• Like 10
  • Useful 6

The other day I watched a YouTuber talk about Kootie and Robyn's narcissistic behavior, and the effects it had on her kids, and it got me to thinking that Brianna and Aurora need a little more sympathy and understanding.

Robyn has corrupted her daughters and it's going to take a minimum of them moving far away to perhaps even going no contact with her to recapture their individual sense of self.  The description of "mini me" for these two is on point, for Robyn has recast them into her own image. They probably have to walk on eggshells when around her, and fawning over Kootie is a small part of their survival plan with Robyn, whether they know it or not.  No worries, though, as he'll turn on them soon enough.

They have been sheltered from the world not to protect them from it, but to keep them ignorant of their mother's mental disorder, and most likely aren't even aware of their own rather childish and naive outlook on the world. Robyn has weaponized this naiveté in them in order to make them distrust everyone but her, the ONE person they should be side-eyeing the most.

I actually had a real glimmer of hope when Gabe mentioned that he and Aurora spoke and exchanged good tidings and hugs at school on occasion. Then, I began wishing that he hadn't advertised that on T.V., for fear of how Robyn would react when she found out.  Gabe is a good, kind young man, but needs to learn some discretion.  Still, I applaud both him and Aurora for trying.  🥰

Someone, somewhere stated that the nonRobyn kids were the lucky ones, as they learned  sooner than later how to process the pain of having a narcissistic parent, and could work through it with a lot of siblings around to help them and to guide them.   

I agree.  Robyn's kids (I believe) have two hopelessly corrupted parents, and even though Kootie is a horrible person, IMHO Robyn is downright evil, and will stop at nothing to get what she wants.  Although these girls said some ugly things to Savannah, I just think they were putting out what Robyn had already said in private, and they should not be judged too harshly for those comments. They truly may not know any better, and that is so sad.  Those girls are in for a rough row to hoe, lifewise, and it's all Robyn's fault.  I sincerely hope that they are able to break away from her and be allowed to grow the hell up.  They are lovely looking young ladies, and they deserve their chance at making good in the world.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mykelti is being manipulated, whether she wants to admit it, or not.

Mykelti is also doing some manipulating herself.  I think Mykelti has always known how to push her parents' buttons.  Being a random blonde girl in the middle of a posse of kids, she did what she had to do to get attention - dressing "immodestly," coloring her hair, being generally outspoken -  because negative attention is still attention.  She watched her mother do a daily song and dance to get some time from her dad.  I think she was mentally taking notes on how to get noticed and became "whimsical" Mykelti, while developing a "relationship" with Robyn and by extension, Kody.  She also laid down the demands for her wedding, after watching golden daughter Maddie get the wedding of her dreams.  And while I kind of hate what Mykelti put her guests through by having an outdoor wedding in the winter, it sure seems true to who she is and for that, I have to give her credit...she has been watching her mom and her bonus moms play stupid games to win a stupid prize for years, now she's taking what she learned and is doing the same.  The fact that she seems pretty happy and successful is icing on the whimsical cake.

12 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I felt terrible for Gabe throughout.  He was really hurting.  Certainly not the jerk Kody said he is.

I have brought this up before, so my apologies - but I find it super interesting that Kody calls Garrison and Gabe "jerks" but we've never seen him talk like that about Hunter and Logan, their older brothers from the same mother.  It may be because Hunter and Logan have distanced themselves from the show, but I have a feeling that Kody is scared to cross his slightly older boys, yet has no trouble dissing G & G.  Even if Kody hates the G's for daring to question the Covid protoculls, it would seem that Kody would be afraid of the pushback from Logan and Hunter at the juvenile name-calling that Kody does to their younger brothers.  Who knows what goes on behind the scenes of this show, but his awful treatment seems to focus squarely on Gabe and Garrison, two young men who are so similar to their older brothers in that they have made their way in life and seem to be doing very well, despite their POS dad.

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

@Rabbit Hutch - great post.

I was listening to a SW podcast and the hosts seem to think that Breanna crying on the couch was just as manufactured as Robyn's dry-cries.  They thought that since she put her head down and covered her face, perhaps she was faking but just isn't as good at it as her mother.

My thoughts - she really was crying, but she's aware that her siblings see her mother's "tears" as false and manipulative, and she was afraid that they would think the same of her.

I would cry too if I was being interviewed about why I don't talk to my siblings, being confused about the reasons why, and knowing that I have to follow whatever narrative my mother is giving me even if it doesn't make sense.

I think all five of Robyn's kids are damaged, but especially Aurora and Breanna.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Even if Kody hates the G's for daring to question the Covid protoculls, it would seem that Kody would be afraid of the pushback from Logan and Hunter at the juvenile name-calling that Kody does to their younger brothers.  Who knows what goes on behind the scenes of this show, but his awful treatment seems to focus squarely on Gabe and Garrison, two young men who are so similar to their older brothers in that they have made their way in life and seem to be doing very well, despite their POS dad.

Logan and Hunter long ago showed Kody he had no power to hurt or control them.  They gave him nowhere to go.  He can still cause Garrison and Gabe pain and he knows it or at least he still could as of this episode.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Logan and Hunter long ago showed Kody he had no power to hurt or control them.  They gave him nowhere to go.  He can still cause Garrison and Gabe pain and he knows it or at least he still could as of this episode.  

Ya know I don't think Kody is antisocial (a psychopath).  I don't think he really takes his pleasure from others' pain.

Rather I think he takes SOLACE in feeling angry and victimized.  

So it's not that the older boys can't be hurt by him.  I think it's that they don't expect anything from him.  

Gabe and Garrison still expect him to be their father.  And that feels HUGELY unfair to Kody.  He's washed his hands of them...and still they come at him with expectations.  Kody is angry and frustrated by that.

Of course, no matter the motivation...Kody is still causing his boys real pain.  These poor kids have to get to the place of understanding none of this has ANYTHING to do with THEM.  This is alllll about Kody (and Sobyn) and everyone else is just collateral damage.

But that's the hardest part when dealing with a narc; not taking things personally.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Ya know I don't think Kody is antisocial (a psychopath).  I don't think he really takes his pleasure from others' pain.

Oh, I didn't mean it in a psychopathic sense, but rather more like you did.  They're detached from him.  They live their lives without considering Kody or his wishes and he knows he has no influence with them any more.

25 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Of course, no matter the motivation...Kody is still causing his boys real pain.  These poor kids have to get to the place of understanding none of this has ANYTHING to do with THEM.  This is alllll about Kody (and Sobyn) and everyone else is just collateral damage.

I think Garrison is well on his way there.  In the episode he was talking of what he'd done and that Kody knew none of that.  His next step will be not even thinking of Kody knowing what he's doing.  Sensitive Gabe is going to take a bit longer than some of the others, but he has some fine examples to follow and to help him.  

• Like 16
24 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I have a big RBF and I can’t manage it 

I think she has to make that face A LOT to get the muscles to stretch in that direction.  I semi-succeeded a couple of times and had muscle fatigue!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

We might actually need serious help, because I looked in my mirror and tried to do the same thing. 😂

I need help too, because I tried it as well. I can make the downturned mouth, but my lips disappear when I do so. However, I don't think I've ever made this expression IRL

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Kody’s love for himself and belief that he is the smartest best man that ever lived is bottomless. Nothing will ever change this belief.

Don't forget his rock hard abs and that smokin' booty.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 10