Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Hell, I'm waiting for Martha Stewart and Pete Davidson to hook up

Ok, this probably belongs elsewhere but I REALLY don't understand the attraction of Pete Davidson. Not at all!

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
2 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

Ok, this probably belongs elsewhere but I REALLY don't understand the attraction of Pete Davidson. Not at all!

I think he's cute, funny, and seems like a nice guy. Personality really does make a difference for a lot of us. There are some men who are gorgeous to look at, but they bore me to tears. Maybe I'm a bit of a "chuckle chaser."

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Broderbits said:

Not since Chris Elliot have I had such a visceral reaction to someone; they both make me feel like pustules have taken human form and I just want to get away.

But, yeah, off topic.  On topic:  I'm sorry to hear about Shannen Doherty dealing with a metastasis to her brain.  There's always been something about her that while I know we'd disagree on most, she has never - from my limited exposure, mind you - come across as hateful, and I've never seen her out there advocating for taking someone's rights away.  I've always rooted for her professionally for reasons I can't fully explain, and certainly root for her to emerge victorious over cancer despite the odds!

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

At this point I feel like Pete Davidson has become like a tourist attraction.  Even if you don't want to go you feel like you have to see it for yourself. 

I didn't even know who he was until I started seeing adverts for a show called, I think, Bubkis.  Anyway I hate to be this shallow but he is just not a good looking man at all.  But maybe he has a great personality...

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It’s a great…something else that most women have referred to. 

5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

At this point I feel like Pete Davidson has become like a tourist attraction.  Even if you don't want to go you feel like you have to see it for yourself. 

😉

I was trying not to go there, but I bet some women want to see for themselves if the rumors are true or if it's only big in his ex's "tiny, little hands." 

I swear I thought he was cute before I heard all this!

• Like 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I swear I thought he was cute before I heard all this!

Yes you have mentioned his sense of humor many times before. I don't find him unappealing.  He isn't the worst looking guy.  I have enjoyed some of his movies. And as far as his supposedly other appeal I've seen enough tourist attractions to know they don't usually live up to the hype.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yes you have mentioned his sense of humor many times before. I don't find him unappealing.  He isn't the worst looking guy.  I have enjoyed some of his movies. And as far as his supposedly other appeal I've seen enough tourist attractions to know they don't usually live up to the hype.

Same!  And his choice of a Kartrashian now makes him sickening to me. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

I didn't even know who he was until I started seeing adverts for a show called, I think, Bubkis.  Anyway I hate to be this shallow but he is just not a good looking man at all.  But maybe he has a great personality...

I watched an episode of that show. Definitely not a fan of his and that stupid show.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Bastet said:

But, yeah, off topic.  On topic:  I'm sorry to hear about Shannen Doherty dealing with a metastasis to her brain.  There's always been something about her that while I know we'd disagree on most, she has never - from my limited exposure, mind you - come across as hateful, and I've never seen her out there advocating for taking someone's rights away.  I've always rooted for her professionally for reasons I can't fully explain, and certainly root for her to emerge victorious over cancer despite the odds!

I know that Miss Doherty's been no saint but I don't wish her anything but as good health as possible despite this extremely daunting diagnosis.

Of course, she seemed such a clean-cut wholesome person from LHOTP  (1982-1983)to Our House (1986-1988) but then wound up becoming troubled if not haunted by BH 90120  (1990-1994)so I've wondered more than once if something bad may have happened after her early years that may have hobbled her for a time. 

OK, this may seem a bit much  to bring up but in her autobio, Melissa Gilbert claimed that her then-husband Bo Brinkman (1988-1992)fessed to having had an extramarital fling with Miss Doherty and when Miss Gilbert confronted Miss Doherty, Miss Doherty attempted to shrug it off by saying that she'd always wanted to be just like Miss Gilbert! Well,  even decades after her split with Mr. Brinkman who, despite having a child in common, she has gone on record as having not spoken to him in many years (and herself having remarried) ,   (as of a few years back) she STILL had not forgiven Miss Doherty for the alleged fling and said she still wanted to physically hurt her. I know it's up to every person to decide whether or not to forgive others . However, inasmuch as Miss Gilbert had long since split from Mr Brinkman AND herself has had serious health issues in recent years, I would like to think that Miss Gilbert would consider at least hearing out Miss Doherty's side of the story  instead of just still  considering her to still be irredeemably bad news!

• Mind Blown 5
  • LOL 1

K.C. (son) is always doing videos with John on TikTok....in some of them, it seems like John is tired and would rather rest.  I believe on one of his Tweets, K.C. threw in 'Damn, Damn, DAMN!' as a response to a post.  I thought it was inappropriate and skeevy.

As for his daughter Shannon, $500,000 for GoFundMe?!  That's crazy!  There is the Hollywood Motion Picture and Television Retirement Home, why can't she and the rest of the family try to get him into that?  Hell, he's worked for it.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Wasn't sure if I should put this under Good Times or if it belongs here, but....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-amos-family-tries-raise-194524772.html

The more I read about this, something ain't right, from the daughter to especially the son.  

The thing that stood out for me is. ..why (as per Ms. Amos) was Mr. Amos's alleged elder abuse being investigated by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation when he supposedly was hospitalized in Memphis? Last I heard, Memphis is still part of Tennessee which has its own TBI.

I wonder if this will wind up anything like the last part of Nichelle Nichols's life? I sure hope not and Mr. Amos will be safeguarded in his twilight years!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

RE: John Amos:

Seems the article link has this update:

UPDATE: John Amos accused his daughter of lying and said he is not a victim of elder abuse. However, Shannon fired back minutes later, claiming that he is a victim and there is "another side" to the story. Fans can see her video and get the latest updates on this breaking story by clicking here.

The plot thickens.

• Mind Blown 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, Blergh said:

I know that Miss Doherty's been no saint but I don't wish her anything but as good health as possible despite this extremely daunting diagnosis.

Of course, she seemed such a clean-cut wholesome person from LHOTP  (1982-1983)to Our House (1986-1988) but then wound up becoming troubled if not haunted by BH 90120  (1990-1994)so I've wondered more than once if something bad may have happened after her early years that may have hobbled her for a time. 

OK, this may seem a bit much  to bring up but in her autobio, Melissa Gilbert claimed that her then-husband Bo Brinkman (1988-1992)fessed to having had an extramarital fling with Miss Doherty and when Miss Gilbert confronted Miss Doherty, Miss Doherty attempted to shrug it off by saying that she'd always wanted to be just like Miss Gilbert! Well,  even decades after her split with Mr. Brinkman who, despite having a child in common, she has gone on record as having not spoken to him in many years (and herself having remarried) ,   (as of a few years back) she STILL had not forgiven Miss Doherty for the alleged fling and said she still wanted to physically hurt her. I know it's up to every person to decide whether or not to forgive others . However, inasmuch as Miss Gilbert had long since split from Mr Brinkman AND herself has had serious health issues in recent years, I would like to think that Miss Gilbert would consider at least hearing out Miss Doherty's side of the story  instead of just still  considering her to still be irredeemably bad news!

I wasn’t aware of the Gilbert/Doherty conflict, but I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.  Wasn’t Gilbert the head of the Actor’s Screen Guild for many years?  Hmm……while forgiveness is said to be therapeutic, I won’t place myself in Gilbert’s shoes regarding that infidelity incident. To me, after many years, you have to wonder about the usefulness of holding on to that hatred long term, however, I haven’t walked in her shoes. 

I JUST realized that the guy (Billy Crudup) I posted about being sexy upthread yesterday was involved in a scandal in 2003 with Claire Danes and Mary Louise Parker.  It seems Billy Crudup LEFT Parker, who was his longtime girlfriend and was 7 months pregnant with his child to be with 24 year-old Danes, who he was doing a movie with. Parker never addressed her feelings publicly, except for a vague description of being alone and pregnant in a book she wrote, though Crudup was unnamed. Apparently, Billy has a good relationship with their son,  named William after his father. Danes is now married to someone else and reportedly, Crudup just married Naomi Watts (based on rings). And, Parker moved on to other relations and adopted a second child on her own.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are they married?  All I can say is that Naomi looks breathtaking in that dress! She’s just stunning!  I like that look a lot.  And Billy looks great too.  He’s really sexy, imo.  What a lovely couple. 

https://pagesix.com/2023/06/09/naomi-watts-billy-crudup-fuel-marriage-rumors-as-theyre-spotted-wearing-matching-wedding-rings/

You weren’t exaggerating about how stunning she looked! 
Lovely clip of them both. 

• Like 2
On 6/9/2023 at 2:09 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

“I knew I would get what I wanted,” Jameson said. “She was worth it. But she presented a challenge and I’m very driven when it comes to challenges, so I knew I just had to lie and wait. And she came back around.”

Assuming that was meant to be "lie in wait" which has very different connotations than what was printed! 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, juno said:

This is an absolute gut-punch. One of my favourite actors Treat Williams dies. Everwood was one of my favourite shows. So very sad.

Gut punch is very apt.  I really enjoyed him in so many movies, it's time to watch Prince Of The City again, and The Phantom, which has always been one of my guilty pleasure films.  What a shame.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, CherryMalotte said:

Gut punch is very apt.  I really enjoyed him in so many movies, it's time to watch Prince Of The City again, and The Phantom, which has always been one of my guilty pleasure films.  What a shame.

Yeah, I got to go and watch Everwood again. I always hoped that they would revive the show in some way. Sadly they can't.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
(edited)

This makes me so sad.  Trivial Pursuit (or some other old trivia game) used to have a category called "The Movies of Treat Williams" and my friend and I used to laugh about it--especially since I used to get the answers right which always tickled her.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 2