Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

Here you can discuss all the vitals and life events of those in the entertainment industry, specifically:

• Celebrities having babies
  • Celebrities pairing up or breaking up
  • Celebrities who have died

Please do not discuss athletes or Royals, as they have their own threads in different forums.

As with other threads in threads in this forum, all Primetimer guidelines apply here.  You may familiarize yourself with those guidelines here.

Any questions can be directed to the forum moderators:

@AgentRXS @aquarian1 @OtterMommy

Actor Robert Gentry who portrayed Ross Chandler on All My Children, as well as appearing in other soaps died, age 81. Per the Soap Central link, Gentry's death was recently noted in the "In Memoriam" section of the Fall/Winter edition of the SAG-AFTRA magazine.

https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/all-my-children/soap-star-robert-gentry-dead-at-81

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2022/12/rip-robert-gentry-soap-alum-dies-at-81

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/news-gh/all-my-children-alum-and-soap-opera-veteran-robert-gentry-passes-away-at-81/

https://www.soapcentral.com/all-my-children/news/2022/1222-daytime-album-robert-gentry-passes-away-at-81.php

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Sad 7

Hello all!

The mod team has been reading everyone's thoughts here and we've opted to change the title of this thread to something that we hope will not cause offense.  It was never our intention to make light of anyone's death, only to come up with a thread title that could be easily remembered and would fit in the other light-hearted thread titles in this forum.  We sincerely apologize for offense we caused.

This thread will continue to encompass not just the deaths of those in the entertainment industry, but also other life milestones (including births, relationship changes, etc).  Our intent is to create threads with a narrow enough scope so that people can easily tell what the topics of conversation are, but not so narrow that the purpose of the thread is moot.  We do recognize that the former In Memoriam thread was robust, but having a thread for just other life events did not make sense on its own.  Hence, we decided to make one thread for all life milestones.  With the threads that we currently have, we feel that this makes the most sense.

I would also like to remind everyone of the Primetimer policy to not discuss mod actions in the threads.  I have removed previous discussions regarding the title and scope of this thread and left only the "on topic" posts.  If you have any further questions about this, please send a PM to all of the forum mods: @AgentRXS @aquarian1 @OtterMommy

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Sad to read that Adam Rich has died, even sadder to realize someone I remember as a cute little kid was 54 when he died.  How did that happen?  Anyway the article referenced past issues with drugs and arrests.  I hope he moved beyond that and had a happy life.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

Nicholas! 😢

Indeed.  Man, this is another loss that really hits me.  I recall seeing Nicholas as the cutest little brother character.  He was adorable and a perfect match with Dick Van Patton.  Fifty is young.  I wonder what happened.  So sad.   RIP Adam.  

• Sad 4
56 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what happened.  So sad.   RIP Adam.  

It might have been as commonplace as a heart attack but when it's a celebrity (or former celebrity) who has struggled with mental health issues and drugs I admit my mind immediately goes to overdose, either intentional or by accident.

• Like 6

Adam Rich, Nicholas on Eight is Enough has died.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/adam-rich-child-star-eight-is-enough-dead-dies_n_63bb1d0ee4b0b2e150687da6?utm_campaign=share_email&ncid=other_email_o63gt2jcad4

• Sad 3

Foreign affairs reporter Bernard Kalb has died at 100.

Bernard Kalb worked as a foreign correspondent for The New York Times, CBS and NBC, wrote two books with his more famous younger brother, and served as founding anchor and panelist for the CNN media analysis show "Reliable Sources."

Always smartly dressed in a suit and orange tie often matched by an orange handkerchief, Kalb was a tireless journalist who made virtually every overseas trip with five different secretaries of state before switching to the other side of the podium.

• Sad 11
12 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

Ben Masters from the soap opera Passions has passed away.

My sister watched this show, dare I say it, passionately!  I recognized him as soon as I opened your link but would never have known the name.  

2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Like most '80s teens, I remember "She's gotten her boobies" from Sixteen Candles, but I most associate Cook with her recurring role on Cagney & Lacey as the girlfriend of Cagney's dad.  Reading about her in obituaries makes clear she had a great sense of humor.  Making it to days shy of your 99th birthday is about as good as it gets, but of course it's still hard for her loved ones.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

I was sad to read that he ended up with dementia and dying from COVID. He was one of the highlights acting wise on Passions. I always loved his voice too.

6 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

His cause of death while awful wasn't one I really expected to see.

• Sad 4

I looked at what TMZ posted about Lisa Marie which contained a picture from the Golden Globes a couple nights ago which I didn't watch.  It's Lisa Marie, Austin Butler and her Mom Priscilla. Lisa Marie didn't look like she felt well in it at all. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 5
  • Sad 7

TMZ is reporting that she’s on life support.  It sounds bleak, but you never know.  I work in an office where two men, years apart, suffered cardiac arrests.  They were in their 50’s.  Each was shocked back to life several times.  It was described as a Widowmaker  They made a full recovery and have done well for years.  So, I hope Lisa Marie can recover too.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Dammit. Mom thought she looked bad at the Golden Globes. Heart disease ran in her family, with her grandparents and dad, not to mention her past drug use and the stress of losing her son…

I hope she’s with her dad now.

Oh Jesus, Priscilla. There’s no greater hell than outliving your own child.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Sad 21

Wow. Rest in peace, Lisa Marie Presley, dead at only 54.

Lisa Marie Presley seemed like such a "little girl lost" to me. Losing her dad so young, then having her son commit suicide, it just seemed like she was destined for heartbreak.

I hope she rests in peace and her surviving children find comfort now.

My heart also goes out to Priscilla Presley.

• Like 3
  • Sad 14
5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She is rather young but it seems to run in the family to suffer cardiac arrest at a young age. Elvis was 42 and her grandfather Vernon was 63.

Elvis's mother Gladys also died of a heart attack in her 40s.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
Just now, Zella said:

Elvis's mother Gladys also died of a heart attack in her 40s.

Yeah. Doing the math given the dates for her birth and death via Wikipedia, Gladys Presley herself was only 46 when she died.

Just so sad all around.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

I hope that Miss Presley's younger maternal half-brother Navarone Garabaldi will help emotionally help their emotionally devastated mother Priscilla and his half-nieces in the aftermath of this tragedy!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

That is just so sad about Lisa Marie. Far too young to leave this world but I think her heart was broken after losing Benjamin to suicide in 2020. Her last IG post was about him. 💔

I think so too. Late last year oddly/eerily enough I was reading an essay online about her grief over losing her son she wrote for People Magazine that was published in their July 2022 issue. Everything she said about grief was true and it gave the clear impression that she was still overcome by it. I got teary while reading because of relating to the way she was describing what it does to people and thinking about the reason behind why she was writing that essay in the first place. I'm linking it below which they've updated to acknowledge her death. Geeze that feels so weird and wrong to type out. I might look up her albums on Spotify and listen to the songs of hers that I've liked over the years.

Lisa Marie Presley Said She Was 'Destroyed' by Son Benjamin's Death but Kept 'Going for My Girls'

Edited by Jaded
  • Sad 9