Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

What most folks don't realize about the late Miss Williams is that she also was capable of playing serious dramatic roles- as in the thriller The Conversation (1974) in which she played someone being electronically snooped during a volatile time in her life!

I wonder if she ever met Miss Loring?

Regardless, RIP Miss Williams AND Miss Loring!

• Like 11
32 minutes ago, Blergh said:

What most folks don't realize about the late Miss Williams is that she also was capable of playing serious dramatic roles- as in the thriller The Conversation (1974) in which she played someone being electronically snooped during a volatile time in her life!

I wonder if she ever met Miss Loring?

Regardless, RIP Miss Williams AND Miss Loring!

The Conversation is an amazing film.

Losing Shirley and Wednesday the same day is just brutal.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 4
25 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Losing Shirley and Wednesday the same day is just brutal.

Alison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson) had this to say:

"Cindy Williams of Laverne & Shirley has now left us as well. (I'm just gonna go wrap myself in bubble wrap and hide in a closet somewhere"

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

Fuck, this one hurts!

God, L&S were a part of my childhood, along with One Day at a Time....I watched it in tears alone during prom night (I was under the delusion that someone would ask me).

The Feeney Bounce, her love for fish sticks and of course Boo Boo Kitty kept me in stitches many a night...and who could forget those dimples and blue eyes!

Rest in power...say hello to Penny, Eddie, David, Betty and Phil.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 4
42 minutes ago, Zella said:

IIRC, the late Miss Presley said in one of her last interviews that Graceland was 'all hers' and it would be all her children's after her passing. She didn't say her mother Ms. Presley had even partly owned it nor that it would go to her in the event she outlived Miss Presley. IOW, it doesn't sound as though providing for her mother was uppermost on Miss Presley's mind- at least at the time of that interview.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Blergh said:

IIRC, the late Miss Presley said in one of her last interviews that Graceland was 'all hers' and it would be all her children's after her passing. She didn't say her mother Ms. Presley had even partly owned it nor that it would go to her in the event she outlived Miss Presley. IOW, it doesn't sound as though providing for her mother was uppermost on Miss Presley's mind- at least at the time of that interview.

I'm not sure she's claiming she should be a beneficiary, though. She seems to be objecting to being removed as a trustee in an amendment and claiming it wasn't notarized or that she wasn't notified as required. I have no clue on the ins and outs of trust management, but if the amendment wasn't notarized, that does seem like a big deal. I know of quite a few cases anecdotally where the will wasn't notarized properly and it was deemed invalid. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I'm not sure she's claiming she should be a beneficiary, though. She seems to be objecting to being removed as a trustee in an amendment and claiming it wasn't notarized or that she wasn't notified as required. I have no clue on the ins and outs of trust management, but if the amendment wasn't notarized, that does seem like a big deal. I know of quite a few cases anecdotally where the will wasn't notarized properly and it was deemed invalid. 

Priscilla might also be filing the objection to the will so as to have the issue resolved ASAP and prevent anyone else from stepping in and trying to break it.

It seems like she and Riley Keough, her granddaughter and the only trustee in the new will who is still alive, get along well; this may just be a legal maneuver to make sure that a valid will is in place.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Priscilla might also be filing the objection to the will so as to have the issue resolved ASAP and prevent anyone else from stepping in and trying to break it.

It seems like she and Riley Keough, her granddaughter and the only trustee in the new will who is still alive, get along well; this may just be a legal maneuver to make sure that a valid will is in place.

That makes sense! I was wondering if there was also an administrative issue with Lisa Marie's deceased son still being listed as a trustee. 

My neighbor is a pretty strange cat, and his mother, who died in 2016, is still listed on the trust that owns the property, per public property records. I've often pondered what sort of administrative hell it will be when he finally dies and someone realizes she was never removed. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, Zella said:

Also, Priscilla's name is misspelled in the amendment, which makes it kind of suspicious. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2023 at 3:35 PM, shapeshifter said:

Annie Wersching Dies: Actress In ‘24’, ‘Bosch’ And ‘Timeless’ Was 45
https://deadline.com/2023/01/annie-wersching-dies-actress-in-24-bosch-and-timeless-was-45-obituary-1235243778/

I just saw that she passed away - at 45! - on Sunday.

Miss Wersching appeared in everything it seems.  But I liked her most as Dr. Kelly Nieman, the psychopath girlfriend to the psychopath Triple K killer on Castle.

So sorry for her husband and young children.  RIP

• Like 6
On 1/31/2023 at 10:37 AM, AheadofStraight said:

This really makes me miss catchy show theme songs! Amazing how I haven't watched this in years and remember every word. I'll have to see if this is streaming anywhere. RIP Cindy.

If you have access to the Decades channel, they're running Laverne & Shirley episodes all day this Saturday (and The Addams Family on Sunday, it looks like).

• Like 4
On 1/31/2023 at 10:37 AM, AheadofStraight said:

This really makes me miss catchy show theme songs! Amazing how I haven't watched this in years and remember every word. I'll have to see if this is streaming anywhere. RIP Cindy.

1 hour ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

If you have access to the Decades channel, they're running Laverne & Shirley episodes all day this Saturday (and The Addams Family on Sunday, it looks like).

I think MeTV+ also airs it.

• Like 3

Such a bummer losing two iconic TV characters!  

Cindy Williams had visited our station a few times in the past (and had an on cam reunion with another guest  - Anson Williams!).  Cindy was in "Menopause - The Musical" for three years and had been approached to do it again.  The folks behind that show here said she always had a knack for connecting to the audience and everyone loved her - cast and crew alike!!  

So surprised to hear about Lisa Loring's passing!  She's still rather young considering she was only 6 when she played Wednesday.  She too will always be my favorite Wednesday, even though she's a lot milder than her spiritual successors.

RIP to both.

Edited by magicdog
  • Like 5

"That lamp!  Is the Ugliest Lamp I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!"

Aw the brutality continues, RIP Melinda Dillon.  

As others said, Close Encounters, A Christmas Story.  She also had a memorable scene in Slap Shot opposite Paul Newman as Suzanne Hanrahan. If you know, you know.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
On 2/3/2023 at 6:38 PM, stonehaven said:

Her running back in and turning off the lamp to save electricity while every other light in the house was on.....perfection! 

That was so perfect.  The perfect excuse. I loved her as Ralphie's mom. Damn I can't believe she's gone too.

• Like 11

RIP Charles Kimbrough, best known for his Emmy nominated role of Jim Dial on Murphy Brown - also Tony nominated in 1971 for his work in the original Broadway production of Company. 😢😢😢

Charles Kimbrough RIP.jpg

Edited by giovannif7
  • Sad 30
3 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

RIP Charles Kimbrough, best known for his Emmy nominated role of Jim Dial on Murphy Brown - also Tony nominated in 1971 for his work in the original Broadway production of Company. 😢😢😢

Charles Kimbrough RIP.jpg

Oddly enough, his death wasn't reported until today February 5,2023- almost a full month after his passing but then again, at her evident request, he wouldn't disclose the death of his  his late wife Beth Howland (1939-2015) until nearly six months after her own passing.

Regardless, he was entertaining as Jim Dial and, more importantly, seemed to have been a dedicated spouse to his late wife.

RIP, Mr. Kimbrough.

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I was interested to learn, years ago when Murphy Brown was still being aired, that he was the nephew of Emily Kimbrough.  She's probably not a name that is well known now but I've got most of her books and love them.  She was the co-author of Our Hearts Were Young And Gay with Cornelia Otis Skinner (who probably also is not a name that is well known anymore).

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 2
  • Useful 9

I was so happy Kimbrough was able to come out of retirement to make limited appearances in the revival season of Murphy Brown (he was rather frail, but it meant so much to him); I utterly adore him in that role.  He turned the simple phrase "Oh, good lord" into art every time.  (The "Good lord, she's going to blow!" while looking at the contraction monitor is one of the numerous fantastic things about the episode when Murphy gives birth to Avery.)  And while the show had declined in quality by then, the episode where straight-laced Jim went to a park to buy marijuana for Murphy to help her through chemo is a knock-out.  (And a friend and I do the "cigar, cigarette, joint" routine to this day.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 7
  • Love 5

I loved Jim Dial. He was quieter then the rest of the Murphy Brown. But he was so great. RIP Charles Kimbrough. 

This is just really stink Wednesday Addams, the Mom from A Christmas Story, Jim, the co-creator of Sesame Street. All in such a short amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

So this is cool. Western Australian actress Jessica De Gouw says she's in a relationship with hair stylist Sophie Roberts. She mentioned being queer in an interview last year, but didn't go deeper. This time she's open about it because Vogue asked, and Sydney Pride is next weekend.

Call me parochial, but I'm always happy when a fellow West Aussie is great. And I think she's left-handed, which is doubly cool!

• Like 6
On 2/6/2023 at 7:36 PM, MissAlmond said:

I haven't watched a Police Academy movie in years and I'm sure many parts of them have not aged well, but damn if it doesn't hurt to see someone from a staple of your youth pass.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

At 94 of "natural causes," I'd rather celebrate his work than mourn his passing.

From Wikipedia, some of Burt Bacharach's songs I still sing in the shower or hum during walks, many with lyrics by Hal David (who passed in 2012) and quite a few originally sung by Dionne Warwick:

• "Walk On By"
  • "(There's) Always Something There to Remind Me"
  • "What the World Needs Now Is Love"
  • "Do You Know the Way to San Jose"
  • "I Say a Little Prayer"
  • "The Look of Love"
  • "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"
  • "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head"
Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4