Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I think so too. Late last year oddly/eerily enough I was reading an essay online about her grief over losing her son she wrote for People Magazine that was published in their July 2022 issue. Everything she said about grief was true and it gave the clear impression that she was still overcome by it. I got teary while reading because of relating to the way she was describing what it does to people and thinking about the reason behind why she was writing that essay in the first place. I'm linking it below which they've updated to acknowledge her death. Geeze that feels so weird and wrong to type out. I might look up her albums on Spotify and listen to the songs of hers that I've liked over the years especially her cover of "Dirty Laundry".

Lisa Marie Presley Said She Was 'Destroyed' by Son Benjamin's Death but Kept 'Going for My Girls'

I read that essay when it first came out and again today. Heartbreaking…

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Salute to Jeff Beck: this morning on a classic rock station, I heard about all the bands that wanted him (Pink Floyd!), and all his “guest/studio musician” appearances (bridge in Bon Jovi’s “Blaze of Glory”).  In my head I’m imagining Eddie Van Halen greeting him with a “Session just started!”

• Like 14

I feel so bad for Lisa Marie’s daughter Riley Keogh. I think she’s supposed to begin a press junket soon for Daisy Jones and The Six. I’m guessing her co-stars will have to fill in. Her younger siblings are still underage. I wonder who will end up with custody? I think there were some legal issues with their dad possibly being abusive when they were younger. That family has been through so much. 

• Sad 12

Damn, I'm sorry to read about Presley.  Her Grief Awareness Day essay was searing in its raw honesty, that "grief does not stop or go away in any sense, a year, or years after the loss. Grief is something you will have to carry with you for the rest of your life, in spite of what certain people or our culture wants us to believe. You do not 'get over it', you do not 'move on', period" - and powerful in its exhortation of when and how to reach out to those who've lost a loved one to death.  That Priscilla and the kids are now freshly going through this yet again is awful.

A former colleague worked with Presley on the promotion of her first album, and found her to be quite a bit of a pill, but then she came in one day and apologized to the team, saying she was overwhelmed and completely misdirected that anxiety, but that's not how she wants to start her career -- and she indeed behaved differently after that.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Wow, I'm really surprised by Lisa Marie's death. It's sudden. I hope she's finally at peace and happily reunited with her son and her father. Praying for her mom and her daughters. That's got to be hard and they lost so many people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 12

I was shocked last night when I heard the news.  I'm at an age where my knowledge of Elvis came from my mom's 45s, but old enough to remember the announcement of his death.  To see his daughter go so young as well is so sad. 

My heart breaks for her kids, but also for Priscilla.  In her lifetime she lost someone she once loved and remained close to, a grandchild and now a daughter.

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I'm at an age where my knowledge of Elvis came from my mom's 45s, but old enough to remember the announcement of his death. 

I am old enough to remember that I was watching TV with my Mom when they broke in to announce "the King is dead" and we knew immediately who they meant.  But I was young enough at the time not to realize that 42 was way too damn young to die!  

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I was shocked last night when I heard the news.  I'm at an age where my knowledge of Elvis came from my mom's 45s, but old enough to remember the announcement of his death.  To see his daughter go so young as well is so sad. 

My heart breaks for her kids, but also for Priscilla.  In her lifetime she lost someone she once loved and remained close to, a grandchild and now a daughter.

Also, Priscilla lost her mom in 2021. 

• Sad 14
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

But I was young enough at the time not to realize that 42 was way too damn young to die!  

I was born after Elvis died but was a pretty big Elvis fan for a 90s kid. As a child, I somehow had internalized the knowledge that Elvis and his mom both died at 42 (when actually she died at 46, as someone else noted on here yesterday) and then extrapolated that everyone died at 42. So, I was so terrified the year my mom turned 42 because I just assumed that was it. Now that I'm in my early thirties and am way closer to 42 than not (and realize that 42 isn't a universal age to die), I agree both it and 54 are way too young. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I was shocked last night when I heard the news.  I'm at an age where my knowledge of Elvis came from my mom's 45s, but old enough to remember the announcement of his death.  

My mom's told me about how she and my dad heard of Elvis' death. My dad had picked her up from work, and they were driving somewhere, talking about whatever. Suddenly, he pointed at the radio and asked my mom, "...wait, what did they just say about Elvis?" That happened about a month or so before my parents got married, too, so that's another reason they remember the news so clearly. 

Elvis died a few years before I was born, but I certainly remember Lisa popping up in the news here and there over the years. I also remember this song of hers getting some airplay on the music channels back in the day:

Looking at her in that video, I can definitely see the family resemblance. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I also remember this song of hers getting some airplay on the music channels back in the day:

Yep, that's the lead single off her debut album.  She didn't want it to be, but it wound up being a decent hit and the only song of hers many people know today.  I thought of it last night reading about her death, for the chorus that was what really hooked me on the song and is now even more poignant:

Someone turned the lights out there in Memphis
That's where my family's buried and gone
Last time I was there I noticed a space left
Next to them there in Memphis
In the damn back lawn

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, jennifer6973 said:

He played Jack Fenelli

I didn't remember there being that much of an age difference between him and the character played by Kate Mulgrew!  I was surprised to read he was 90 when he died.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I can't believe no one has posted this yet. Kanye possibly married again. TMZ couldn't find a marriage license so it may have just been a ceremony, but they're going around with rings now. My question is why does the Yeezy brand need an architect? 

Regardless of whether it was a legal ceremony or not, WHY would anyone want to do more than just WAVE at Ye AKA the Former Mr. West - preferably via a ZOOM session from the opposite hemisphere?!  Has this other individual not heard anything that's happened in the last decade or been exposed to any sane, rational people in the last twenty years?!

Let's hope this other individual doesn't let any false pride keep them from admitting that they made a terrible mistake!

YEESH!!

• Like 3
On 1/14/2023 at 2:32 PM, Vermicious Knid said:

My question is why does the Yeezy brand need an architect? 

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The new bride is probably being paid and the job title is so it looks legit for tax purposes.

She's actually been working for Yeezy for a few years, so the title (and the job) are real. I think the real question is whether or not he's been cheating on his then wife all that time. Yeezy probably has an architectural staff because Ye thinks he's a genius who designs things, and the reason he "married" her is because the bible says you have to be married to have sex, so he's trying to sneak one by God in order to get laid.

• Useful 3
27 minutes ago, akiss said:

Gina Lolobrigida died age 95. I think I first saw her in  Fanfan la tulipe in an "old movies" section of our program back then. Amazing performance and such a fun movie and she was gorgeous! RIP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/16/obituaries/gina-lollobrigida-dead.html

When I was younger, Come September seemed to constantly air during the summer on local TV stations. R.I.P. Ms. Lollobrigida. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Sad 6
4 hours ago, akiss said:

Gina Lolobrigida died age 95. I think I first saw her in  Fanfan la tulipe in an "old movies" section of our program back then. Amazing performance and such a fun movie and she was gorgeous! RIP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/16/obituaries/gina-lollobrigida-dead.html

I was just thinking about her because I Love Lucy is showing the Europe episodes now on the Decades channel and it reminded me of Ethel's line "Hey look! There goes Gina Lolobrigida!" when they were on a train in Italy and she wanted to get Fred's attention. 

Very sad but she lived until 95 and I hope she had a good life.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, akiss said:

Gina Lolobrigida died age 95

I suggested it to my producer as a story (FOX send file of her) but the answer I got was, "Who?  Never heard of her!"

Uncultured whelp!

2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I was just thinking about her because I Love Lucy is showing the Europe episodes now on the Decades channel and it reminded me of Ethel's line "Hey look! There goes Gina Lolobrigida!" when they were on a train in Italy and she wanted to get Fred's attention. 

I always think of the episode of The Flintstones when Fred is having a dream sequence of being in Italy on a gondola.  A bunch of admiring ladies are watching from a bridge trying to get his attention and the sign below them read, "Danger!  Lo-Lo Bridgeda!".  

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, magicdog said:

I suggested it to my producer as a story (FOX send file of her) but the answer I got was, "Who?  Never heard of her!"

Uncultured whelp!

I always think of the episode of The Flintstones when Fred is having a dream sequence of being in Italy on a gondola.  A bunch of admiring ladies are watching from a bridge trying to get his attention and the sign below them read, "Danger!  Lo-Lo Bridgeda!".  

Let's not forget that Sylvester the Cat was chasing Tweety Pie vacationing with Granny in Venice- and literally ran into the same sign!

Oh, and Signora Lolobrigida did an outstanding job playing Esmeralda in Hunchback of Notre Dame (1956) also starring Anthony Quinn as Quasimodo!

• Useful 1

Director Bruce Gowers who directed Queen's music video for Bohemian Rhapsody, Emmy winner for American Idol, Grammy winner for Huey Lewis and the News' Heart of Rock and Roll, as well as directing hundreds of other musical videos including Rod Stewart's Hot Legs, Prince's 1999, and Chaka Khan's I'm Every Woman has died, age 82.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/18/1149719587/director-bruce-gowers-has-died-but-his-work-will-always-be-remembered

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/bruce-gowers-dead-bohemian-rhapsody-american-idol-1235302504/

https://deadline.com/2023/01/bruce-gowers-dead-music-video-director-bohemian-rhapsody-1235225055/

https://www.thewrap.com/bruce-gowers-dead-82-american-idol-bohemian-rhapsody/

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Sad 8

Dancer Arthur Duncan one of the first African American regulars on a TV variety show when he joined The Betty White Show and later appeared on The Lawrence Welk Show has died, age 97. 

https://www.tvinsider.com/1077728/arthur-duncan-dead-tap-dancer-lawrence-welk-show/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/01/16/tap-dancer-arthur-duncan-dead/

https://extratv.com/2023/01/14/arthur-duncan-trailblazing-dancer-betty-white/

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2023-01-17/arthur-duncan-tap-dancer-army-veteran-8789158.html

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Sad 15
  • Wink 1
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Dancer Arthur Duncan one of the first African American regulars on a TV variety show when he joined The Betty White Show and later appeared on The Lawrence Welk Show has died, age 97. 

One of my favorite stories about Betty White has always been how she told southern stations to get over it when they wanted her to ditch Duncan in order for them to air her show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9

Just a few months after the guns of the Second World War cooled, a tenant farming couple had their 4th child in a two-room log cabin  that had no electric power or running water in a remote clearing in the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennesee- and paid the doctor who tended the birth in corn meal!

They likely never imagined  back then that the world would grow to love hearing their daughter's voice and be inspired by her good deeds.

Happy 77th Birthday Dolly Rebecca Parton!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17

I am really gonna hate telling my husband about Croz.  He's a huge fan of CSN, CSNY, Byrds, and so much of the Laurel Canyon sounds.  His recent work on Lighthouse is so good.  I can strongly recommend the documentary about him called Remember My Name. 

Wow...the hits just keep on comin'...and not in a good way. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 7