Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Zella said:

Any of you still following the Kevin Costner divorce? 

I didn't know he was getting another one.  There are a few films of his I really like in spite of him because of the script and the women co-starring with him, but I generally don't care for him as an actor (I don't think he's a bad one, mind you; there is just something about him I don't vibe with).  All I know of him personally is he has a bunch of kids and went the typical Hollywood route of marrying someone young enough to be his daughter the second time around.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I didn't know he was getting another one.  There are a few films of his I really like in spite of him because of the script and the women co-starring with him, but I generally don't care for him as an actor (I don't think he's a bad one, mind you; there is just something about him I don't vibe with).  All I know of him personally is he has a bunch of kids and went the typical Hollywood route of marrying someone young enough to be his daughter the second time around.

Yes his current wife, the one young enough to be his daughter, filed about 6 weeks ago. 

I feel the same way. I've never particularly cared for him as an actor. I don't think he's bad, but the movies of his I like are more in spite of him than because of him. 

• Like 2

Sad news. Jack Hanna’s Alzheimer’s has progressed to the point he no longer recognizes most family members.

The new Columbus Dispatch article states that Hanna now spends his time at home in Bigfork, Montana, where he suns on their deck and asks multiple times a day whether his wife Suzi, with whom he’s been with for 54 years, has fed the family dog, Brassy....

“The river, the sun, Brassy, our walks. … That’s what we have left,” Suzi Hanna told the publication. “The Jack people knew isn’t here anymore, but pieces of my husband are. And I’m going to hang onto them for as long as I can.”

If you can find his autobiography, Monkeys on the Interstate, it's hilarious. 

• Sad 26
28 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Sad news. Jack Hanna’s Alzheimer’s has progressed to the point he no longer recognizes most family members.

If you can find his autobiography, Monkeys on the Interstate, it's hilarious. 

That's must be utterly heartbreaking for Mrs. Hanna!

I hope she herself has a support system in her locale to help her cope with dealing with Mr. Hanna's Alzheimer's because the caregivers so often wind up being overshadowed and very overwhelmed by the many pragmatic demands of those dying from the inside out- to say nothing of becoming emotionally devastated before and after their loved ones' demises.

Ages ago, I  knew two neighbors who were sisters who  cared for one of the sisters' husband who himself  had a very lengthy and devastating decline over X number of years. It wound up that these two were so wiped out by the physical and emotional toll that, within a very short time of the husband's death, the two sisters sold their house and moved straight into a nursing home until their own respective deaths.

• Like 1
  • Sad 15
3 minutes ago, ABay said:

Costner is just so bland.

I’ve enjoyed several of his movies, but there is a little something about Kevin that has a sour note to his demeanor and the way he speaks.  I think that may be why he is not a favorite of mine, to say the least, though he is talented and has made very good movies and of course, Yellowstone.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I liked Costner best in Silverado.  He seemed to be having fun, and wasn't taking himself too seriously.  And it restored my faith in westerns, as well as showing me that it isn't westerns I don't like, it's John Wayne.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12

Ref. Costner…..I don’t get why there would be any hoopla on a divorce.  Certainly, he planned for this, no? OH, I see.  He’s paying his wife MORE than what he’s required to pay per the terms of their prenuptial, however she’s still not pleased and is violating the terms by not vacating the house.  She sounds just lovely. Asking $248,000.00 per month for kids?  Sounds about right.   Ha!  (Pardon me if this link is also posted upthread.) 

https://people.com/inside-kevin-costner-estranged-wife-christine-expensive-lifestyle-before-divorce-7551673

I was going to chime in and say that I only liked Costner in 2 movies…No Way Out (awesome suspense! Don’t read anything about it, just watch it!  Very good. I’ve seen it many times.) And Bull Durham (was made about Durham Bulls baseball team and filmed in Raleigh/Durham area which is my home area.). THEN, I noticed all these other great movies he starred in!  🤣  There was Mr. Brooks, The Postman, JFK, Field of Dreams, Dances With Wolves, etc.  Soooooooo…..never mind.  I guess I’m a fan after all.  😆

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He’s paying his wife MORE than what he’s required to pay per the terms of their prenuptial, however she’s still not pleased and is violating the terms by not vacating the house.  She sounds just lovely. Asking $248,000.00 per month for kids?  Sounds about right.   Ha!  (Pardon me if this link is also posted upthread.) 

I'd initially thought that, too, but she's claiming she has no income or assets apart from him, so she doesn't have the resources to move, and that the money he's offering is to weasel unfairly out of their agreement by shorting her of what she'd be given ordinarily. (More than anything it strikes me as a real cautionary tale about not being entirely dependent on your spouse for income.) I don't really understand all the legalese, so that's why I initially posted I wasn't sure who to believe. I don't think either one of them come out of the filing looking particularly good. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

THEN, I noticed all these other great movies he starred in!  🤣  There was Mr. Brooks, The Postman, JFK, Field of Dreams, Dances With Wolves, etc.  Soooooooo…..never mind.  I guess I’m a fan after all.  😆

I thought he was excellent as creepy Mr. Brooks.  I loved what he did to Dane Cook towards the end.

• Like 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought he was excellent as creepy Mr. Brooks.  I loved what he did to Dane Cook towards the end.

I thought he was good in that movie too. I had to laugh about your Dane Cook comment. I liked him in that movie Message in a Bottle even though it was based on a Nicholas Sparks Sparks book.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was going to chime in and say that I only liked Costner in 2 movies…No Way Out (awesome suspense! Don’t read anything about it, just watch it!  Very good. I’ve seen it many times.) And Bull Durham (was made about Durham Bulls baseball team and filmed in Raleigh/Durham area which is my home area.). THEN, I noticed all these other great movies he starred in!  🤣  There was Mr. Brooks, The Postman, JFK, Field of Dreams, Dances With Wolves, etc.  Soooooooo…..never mind.  I guess I’m a fan after all.  😆

He's also in Molly's Game (which I love).  His character is a bit of a jerk, but there's a scene between him and Jessica Chastain at the end that, imo, is a great moment for him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I'd initially thought that, too, but she's claiming she has no income or assets apart from him, so she doesn't have the resources to move, and that the money he's offering is to weasel unfairly out of their agreement by shorting her of what she'd be given ordinarily. (More than anything it strikes me as a real cautionary tale about not being entirely dependent on your spouse for income.) I don't really understand all the legalese, so that's why I initially posted I wasn't sure who to believe. I don't think either one of them come out of the filing looking particularly good. 

I’d need to read it and though I’m not licensed in CA, it seems she knew what to expect if and when they separated.  It seems the one million he gave her, according to her and her attorneys, can’t be touched due to protecting her financial interest, which is  probably to prevent Accord and Satisfaction, which …….I won’t go into it, but it may also be to cover her legal fees.  It seems Kevin can afford whatever it is she wants.  It seems money can’t buy you happiness.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’d need to read it and though I’m not licensed in CA, it seems she knew what to expect if and when they separated.  It seems the one million he gave her, according to her and her attorneys, can’t be touched due to protecting her financial interest, which is  probably to prevent Accord and Satisfaction, which …….I won’t go into it, but it may also be to cover her legal fees.  It seems Kevin can afford whatever it is she wants.  It seems money can’t buy you happiness.  

Thank you! I was a little confused about why she'd refuse the money, but I did have an attorney talk to me about accord and satisfaction concerning a contract earlier this year, so that makes sense! 

• Useful 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Asking $248,000.00 per month for kids?  Sounds about right.   Ha!

Wild, isn't it?  That since he makes about $1.5 million each month, it does.  The dollar amounts are staggering when talking about a family with income like Costner's, since the kids are entitled to maintain their lifestyle once it's happening in two different households.  This will all get hammered out, it's just messy for a while.

On the one hand it's sad they couldn't figure out how to co-exist until the kids were out of the house, but on the other, since they obviously couldn't, it's better for the kids to live in two happy households than one miserable one.  Hopefully the first set of siblings can give advice and emotional support to the second set, having gone through this already.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 10

Actor Paxton Whitehead has died. I had no idea he was living ehre in the DC area. He was always hilarious when he was playing stuffy British guys.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/20/arts/television/paxton-whitehead-dead.html

Teresa Taylor, one of the drummers for the Butthole Surfers, and who was known for her memorable part in the movie Slackers has died.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/22/arts/music/teresa-taylor-dead.html

• Sad 10
21 minutes ago, dalek said:

Actor Paxton Whitehead has died. I had no idea he was living ehre in the DC area. He was always hilarious when he was playing stuffy British guys.

Such as Bernard in The West Wing, which is what I associate him with.  Watch at least the first minute of this, but the whole thing is good:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Thank you! I was a little confused about why she'd refuse the money, but I did have an attorney talk to me about accord and satisfaction concerning a contract earlier this year, so that makes sense! 

Sounds like they don’t want his team to argue that she accepted something different from the contractual obligation and thereby the original terms are waived since she got an amount she accepted and therefore is barred from arguing otherwise, however, I’m just speculating.  There is also usually a provision in an agreement like that, that says nothing like that can happen.  And that the parties never waive their rights under the contract by silence, nonaction or words…any modification to the agreement  MUST be in writing and notarized with the same formality as the original agreement, but……that might not be CA law.  I’m sure those attorneys are leaving no stone unturned to get wife the best deal they can.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I saw Paxton Whitehead on stage as Sherlock Holmes in the premier of Crucifer of Blood and was always delighted when he popped up in something I was watching.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes the Daily Mail had the court records embedded in their article. I felt dirty clicking on the DM, but the documents themselves do make for some interesting reading. 

They know how to lure some of us to look at their site sometimes.  

• Like 2
(edited)

It's funny to read all the Kevin Costner backlash.  We're from the same hometown and he's universally beloved there so it's interesting to hear another view.  I'm of the view that whether he's a good person or not Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, No Way Out and Silverado are timeless classics.

22 hours ago, dalek said:

I know him as the stuffy Economics professor who was the foil to Thornton Mellon in Back to School.  He also played Hal #1 (Paul and Jamie's stuffy British neighbors) in Mad About You.

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 10
  • Useful 2
29 minutes ago, kittykat said:

I know him as the stuffy Economics professor who was the foil to Thornton Mellon in Back to School.  He also played Hal #1 (Paul and Jamie's stuffy British neighbors) in Mad About You.

Yes! He was hilarious as the neighbor on "Mad About You".

He also showed up in a "Frasier" episode as the headmaster of a prominent school that Frasier and Lilith tripped over themselves to try and get their son into. He didn't have a whole lot of patience for them XD. 

• Like 7

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned The Untouchables as a great performance in a great film on Kevin Costner's résumé. It was the first time I noticed him in a film and I remember thinking that he had a big career ahead of himself. (Now I know that many had seen him in Silverado, but that was a Western and not a genre I favored at a theater back in the '80s.) 

A four-film run in succession of The Untouchables, No Way Out, Bull Durham and Field of Dreams  is any actor's dream!

There was another actor from The Untouchables that I noticed for the first time: Andy Garcia, who I also thought was looking at a bright career. My other thought was, "This guy is HOT!" 😍

• Like 13
42 minutes ago, kittykat said:

It's funny to read all the Kevin Costner backlash.  We're from the same hometown and he's universally beloved there so it's interesting to hear another view. 

I'm in the same general area Brett Farve is from and he's liked by most down here too. I'm not one of them though after hearing about the dick pic stuff and he's somewhat involved in a scandal too which includes getting paid for appearances he didn't appear at.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I was mostly neutral on Costner, although I thought he was pretty devoid of personality. For instance, look at Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Alan Rickman is acting up a storm and Costner is just...there. Like a block of wood. I also saw Waterworld when it first came out and while not a great movie it was never as bad as everyone said. But then, he fucked up The Postman. I read the book. David Brin is a wonderful writer and his Uplift series is some of the best science fiction ever written. And Costner just screwed the story completely. 

I am probably the only person who resents him because of that movie. Brin has talked about how much they changed but retained the soul of the story and that was enough for him. Nope, I'll just be here quietly disdainful and have never bothered to watch anything else he's been in since. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I was mostly neutral on Costner, although I thought he was pretty devoid of personality. For instance, look at Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Alan Rickman is acting up a storm and Costner is just...there. Like a block of wood. I also saw Waterworld when it first came out and while not a great movie it was never as bad as everyone said. But then, he fucked up The Postman. I read the book. David Brin is a wonderful writer and his Uplift series is some of the best science fiction ever written. And Costner just screwed the story completely. 

I am probably the only person who resents him because of that movie. Brin has talked about how much they changed but retained the soul of the story and that was enough for him. Nope, I'll just be here quietly disdainful and have never bothered to watch anything else he's been in since. 

Agreed on Robin Hood. My brother and I watched it for the first time after Rickman's death, and we both thought it's pretty unwatchable when Rickman's not in it. It's like Rickman recognized what a turkey it was and wandered in from a completely different set for a completely different movie, and it's all the better for it.

A fair amount of my pettiness toward Costner, beyond finding him boring, is how he tried to shut down production on Tombstone because of his Wyatt Earp movie. It backfired on him since they were still able to get Tombstone out earlier, despite his even trying to block their access to period costumes. (Which actually made the Tombstone crew end up with more accurate clothing anyway since they had to get theirs from Europe, like the well-heeled of Tombstone did in the 1880s.) Now, Wyatt Earp is a just footnote in movie history that nobody cares about, and Tombstone is still widely considered one of the more iconic and quotable movies from the 90s (and one of my all-time favorites!). 😂

Karma can be a real bitch, right, Kevin? 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Zella
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
On 6/23/2023 at 5:37 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Sounds like they don’t want his team to argue that she accepted something different from the contractual obligation and thereby the original terms are waived since she got an amount she accepted and therefore is barred from arguing otherwise, however, I’m just speculating.

Based on the Daily Mail article, I really don't "get" her and this is based on her own arguments. 

It sounds like he is following their prenup to a T and she admits that.  He gave her a million. He gave her about half a million for legal fees.  And he has been paying their expenses so far.

The reason she won't touch the million isn't because she is afraid he won't honor the prenup, but rather, she wants to challenge the prenup as invalid.  She's afraid that if she accepts that money, it'll be used to argue her acceptance of the prenup.

I see two big mistakes she made. 

1) Accepting the conditions of the original prenup if she thought it'd be too restrictive.

2) Deciding to divorce Costner.  She's the one who filed and apparently surprised him. It's not like he's home a bunch and has to deal with him daily.  If she wants to keep her lifestyle, staying married is easier. 

I suspect she's looking for a settlement.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It sounds like he is following their prenup to a T and she admits that.  He gave her a million. He gave her about half a million for legal fees.  And he has been paying their expenses so far.

The one point that I heard on the news was that the pre-nup was signed before they had children together  Supposedly that negates the pre-nup.  Not sure if that's the case, however it would explain a lot of the behaviors..

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed on Robin Hood. My brother and I watched it for the first time after Rickman's death, and we both thought it's pretty unwatchable when Rickman's not in it. It's like Rickman recognized what a turkey it was and wandered in from a completely different set for a completely different movie, and it's all the better for it.

You should read what Alan wrote about it in his Madly, Deeply memoir…

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, BetterButter said:

It doesn't appear that Mr. Sands has been the only individual over the decades who has gone missing in that vicinity. However, no matter what, after the remains become officially identified there will be one less set of loved ones unsure of what became of their departed ones. Regardless of whether the remains are proven to be those of  Mr. Sands or some other individual, it's sad that at least one person lost their life in a wilderness less than fifty miles from downtown L.A.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

The one point that I heard on the news was that the pre-nup was signed before they had children together  Supposedly that negates the pre-nup

Generally speaking, you can't sign away child support obligations, especially before those children even exist, because they are the child's rights, not the parent's. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

You should read what Alan wrote about it in his Madly, Deeply memoir…

I did actually read Madly Deeply. :) To be honest, I don't really remember what he said about the movie. He was pretty snide about a lot of projects in it and it all started to overlap for me to be honest. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I did actually read Madly Deeply. :) To be honest, I don't really remember what he said about the movie. He was pretty snide about a lot of projects in it and it all started to overlap for me to be honest. 

He would have killed on Twitter lol.

• LOL 3
Just now, Spartan Girl said:

He would have killed on Twitter lol.

The whole thing was very bitchy. I often laughed out loud while reading the snarkier moments because I enjoy a good dose of magnificent bitching, but at times, it was just sort of oppressively dissatisfied with everything. If there'd been more context for some of the rants, it would have bothered me less. But a lot of times he was complaining and I had no idea why, and it just made him seem petulant and difficult in a way that I didn't find entertaining or charming. And I say that as an Alan Rickman fan who tended to enjoy anecdotes about his prickly reputation before reading the book. 

I remember when the book was being marketed before being released, people on this forum pushed back that it should not have been published. And I disagreed at the time because I was under the impression he'd at least written it for publication. But then in the foreword, it admits that they don't know if he wanted it published, so I ended up changing my mind and actually agreeing it likely shouldn't have been published after I read it. Everyone was taken aback by what he said about Emma Watson in early excerpts, but that was actually pretty tame. There were a lot of other comments in there about people he considered dear friends, like Emma Thompson, that actually struck me as much crueler. As outspoken as Rickman was, they may well have known that he thought that of them and it was no big deal, but I did wonder what they thought about the decision to publish his most private thoughts that eviscerated them and their personalities. 

All in all, I found parts of the book much better than the whole. If anything I'd much rather have read more of his earlier diaries that were a lot more reflective than the sullen cryptic catalogs of his days and grievances that characterized his later entries and the bulk of the book.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 7

I've been meaning to read Madly, Deeply for some time (I'm a wretched procrastinator), and I'm willing to bet that Alan Rickman's brand of bitchiness is infinitely more bearable than Frank Langella's in Dropped Names (good lord, that man is insufferable). 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I've been meaning to read Madly, Deeply for some time (I'm a wretched procrastinator), and I'm willing to bet that Alan Rickman's brand of bitchiness is infinitely more bearable than Frank Langella's in Dropped Names (good lord, that man is insufferable). 

Probably. It's not a bad read. I just wanted to like it a lot more than I actually did. 

• Like 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, cynicat said:

The one point that I heard on the news was that the pre-nup was signed before they had children together  Supposedly that negates the pre-nup.  Not sure if that's the case, however it would explain a lot of the behaviors..

Kelly Clarkson had a prenup that was upheld and they signed that before they had children.  Child support and alimony (apparently) can't fully be waived away with a prenup but I don't think that'd invalidate the prenup.

I'd imagine Kevin made sure he had the best lawyers since part of the reason he wanted the prenup is because of what happened with his first wife.  And he knew she wanted children and that should be a factor.  In fact, they initially broke up over it.  She wanted kids.  He didn't necessarily want more since he already had four.  She got him to agree to more. 

There may be things, like gifts, that she can argue she's entitled to even if it's not covered by the prenup. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, cynicat said:

If a prenup is written so that having kids would negate it, the lawyers involved are in the wrong profession. It’s their job to address every contingency and the impact of potential future children should automatically be included. 

14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Based on the Daily Mail article, I really don't "get" her and this is based on her own arguments. 

The reason she won't touch the million isn't because she is afraid he won't honor the prenup, but rather, she wants to challenge the prenup as invalid.  She's afraid that if she accepts that money, it'll be used to argue her acceptance of the prenup.

I see two big mistakes she made. 

1) Accepting the conditions of the original prenup if she thought it'd be too restrictive.

2) Deciding to divorce Costner.  She's the one who filed and apparently surprised him. It's not like he's home a bunch and has to deal with him daily.  If she wants to keep her lifestyle, staying married is easier. 

I suspect she's looking for a settlement.

Since they married in 2005, my guess is she only finds it restrictive after 5 years of living with Yellowstone money. For most of their relationship his career was on the decline and looked to stay that way. They probably thought he was largely going to have to live off his past earnings and that if they divorced she would have to largely support herself. Then Yellowstone brought a massive regular income and she wants him to maintain that for her lifestyle even after divorce. 

Regarding the Costner divorce, I have seen the wife referred to as a handbag designer, but then she referred to herself as having no means to support herself.  So, which is it?  Did she make any money as a designer?  If so, where is that money and why did she quit?  And why not start again?

Kevin, like so many celebs, seems to have quite a real estate portfolio, including a 100+ acre property in S. Cal.  It seems to me the logical thing to do is have the kids stay in the house full-time, since Mom seems to be concerned about the kids keeping their lifestyle, and mom and dad live in other on-property abodes when it is not their custodial time.  Surely 100 acres would give them more than enough room to avoid each other.  Even building a new (modest by rich people standards) house or two would be cheaper than the legal bills they are running up.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

mom and dad live in other on-property abodes when it is not their custodial time.  Surely 100 acres would give them more than enough room to avoid each other.  Even building a new (modest by rich people standards) house or two would be cheaper than the legal bills they are running up.

Per the paperwork I read, the main property in Santa Barbara is what they refer to as a compound, and it has 3 contiguous houses. I'd wondered the same thing you did. Beyond the main residence, one of them is apparently functioning as his office and the other is a guest house, so it seems like you could stay on the same property and not have to live together. I'm not sure how much you'd be able to avoid each other if you couldn't keep it civil, though. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Surely 100 acres would give them more than enough room to avoid each other.  Even building a new (modest by rich people standards) house or two would be cheaper than the legal bills they are running up.

Yeah. 100 acres is *enough.*   

Maybe their lawyer$ are egging them on? 
My family's lore includes a lawyer born in the late 19th century who, during the Great Depression, would convince divorce clients to stay together, and then this Grandpa-lawyer would return home with a vase or kitchenware as payment; Grandma would look at it and ask: Can we eat it? Grandma and Grandpa-lawyer died nearly penniless. 
I doubt this is how Costner divorce attorneys operate. </cynical>

9 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

, I have seen the wife referred to as a handbag designer, but then she referred to herself as having no means to support herself.  So, which is it?  Did she make any money as a designer?  If so, where is that money and why did she quit?  And why not start again?

This👆 could be a valid legal question.
I'm sure Costner's wife (name?) has designed some handbags, but has she ever sold any? "Handbag designer" might just be something she preferred to put on her tax returns rather than Homemaker, which probably wouldn't matter if her personal income was close to zilch.
However, if she used "Handbag Designer" to generate future Social Security payments by claiming to have sold them when they were actually gifts or something else, I'd have mixed feelings about her swapping "Handbag Designer" for "Homemaker" on her tax returns, especially if she had a nanny and a housekeeper for whom she didn't have to earn money to pay. It seems the lawyer$ should have looked at this, and I mean Lawyers other than, say, Harvey Levin.

Edited by shapeshifter
assorted typos
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Regarding the Costner divorce, I have seen the wife referred to as a handbag designer, but then she referred to herself as having no means to support herself.  So, which is it?  Did she make any money as a designer?  If so, where is that money and why did she quit?  And why not start again?

In one of his court filing he said that he financed two failed businesses of hers. I do think she was actually a handbag designer when they married. It looks like that business ended up failing but did appear to have some success around the time they got married. 

If they signed the pre nup before Yellowstone and before kids she COULD have renegotiated it.    Look, presuming she signed it of her own free will without undue influence and had access to counsel of her own, she's is stuck with the prenup.   She's a grown adult and has to live with the consequences of her actions.  She agreed to certain things -- like moving out in the event of a divorce.   She needs to abide by what she agreed to.    

The kids is a different matter.   But it doesn't sound like that is really the sticking point.   Its how much SHE wants for HER.   Honey, there are these lovely things called JOBS.   Get one.

If Kevin Federline is a freeloader because of all that Brittney paid for the kids over the years while he didn't work as a back up dancer, so is the soon to be ex Mrs. Costner.

• Like 9