Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Abductions

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

"Hospitality". 😉 good answer Lucia

Was that Tanya's husband Greg in that picture she picked up from the dresser?

Yes

Now I think this Season is about blackmail.  Tanya may have a  fidelity clause in her prenup and Valentina just may have a new lounge singer. Lucia seems to be coning Albie for money or a ticket to L.A.  Ethan and Cameron?  Jealousy but I am lost on a reason for that. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I know you can't force yourself to be attracted to someone, but Portia sure bet on the wrong horse. Albie is actually a good person, unlike the "nephew".

4 minutes ago, MerBearStare said:

This episode was tense. I kept on waiting for something really bad to happen, but I suppose they're saving that for next week. Can't wait!

Me too, I was nervous when Ethan was swimming

• Like 2
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

Yes

Now I think this Season is about blackmail.  Tanya may have a  fidelity clause in her prenup and Valentina just may have a new lounge singer. Lucia seems to be coning Albie for money or a ticket to L.A.  Ethan and Cameron?  Jealousy but I am lost on a reason for that. 

I definitely started getting the feeling that Lucia and the guys following her are trying to pull some sort of scam.

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Accidental Martyr said:

I definitely started getting the feeling that Lucia and the guys following her are trying to pull some sort of scam.

Definitively. Alessio's behavior makes not sense for a real pimp.

He would be going after Cameron and Ethan, instead of potentially scaring off the Di Grassos, who have proven to be reliably paying customers.  

• Like 15
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Portia is probably regretting not staying with the nice boring guy who treated her nice who she might not have been attracted to but she enjoyed being with.   Which might be a parallel to the Harper/Ethan storyline.   Which has taken a weird turn.     “Do you want ambien so I can go fuck the guy in the next room? “. 

Speaking of…..it’s nice to see the lesbians getting it on in paradise”

• Like 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, AzureOwl said:

He would be going after Cameron and Ethan, instead of potentially scaring off the Di Grassos, who have proven to be reliably paying customers.  

I was so confused why Grampa DiGrasso kept telling the Italian women that his mother was from their village, instead of saying of his mother's name to them.  I get they probably were not going to understand, but her name may at least have sparked something for them, instead of the weird scene we got. 

I also do not think Harper did anything with Cameron.  I think it was just like he said, where he took the blame for the hookers and she was satisfied with that. 

36 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

Now I think this Season is about blackmail.  Tanya may have a  fidelity clause in her prenup

I'd be surprised if Tanya has a clause in her prenup about her cheating, given her assets are the ones that are really at risk.  I'm not loving the suggestion from this episode that Greg may have had a role in setting all this up.  I feel like that requires too many things to have had to happen to make this work as perfectly as it did. 

• Like 6
  • Love 12

I was literally on the edge of my seat during the coke/party scenes and when the guy left her alone in the room and closed the door to 'change'.  Why didn't Tanya try to leave after seeing the picture?  Was that Greg?  Would she even recognize what Greg looked like 30 years ago?  Some people's looks change a lot over the decades.  I wish Portia would have realized something was wrong and left the hotel that night.  

Not very impressed with Will Sharpe's acting.  I feel like an actor with more range could have done a better job with this material.

• Like 3
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I was so confused why Grampa DiGrasso kept telling the Italian women that his mother was from their village, instead of saying of his mother's name to them.  I get they probably were not going to understand, but her name may at least have sparked something for them, instead of the weird scene we got.

I chalked that up to him being a bit senile.

5 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I'd be surprised if Tanya has a clause in her prenup about her cheating, given her assets are the ones that are really at risk. 

I would assume that there would be an infidelity clause in the prenup, put in by her lawyers to protect her, but that such clauses tend to be reciprocal. 

As in that the prenup says "If one of the parties cheats" instead of "if Greg cheats"

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

That confused me too, especially when they kept pointing to themselves as DiGrassos and tried to connect with the other DiGrasso family but as relatives to their mother.  But wouldn't DiGrasso be Grandmpa DiGrasso's father's last name?  Not mother's?  Unless she was also a DiGrasso. 

21 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm not loving the suggestion from this episode that Greg may have had a role in setting all this up.  I feel like that requires too many things to have had to happen to make this work as perfectly as it did. 

I still hope it's not murder as murder would be ridiculous for Quentin to get involved in as he'd be a prime suspect.  But triggering a cheating clause?  Now that makes a tiny bit more sense.  A lot would have to go right but she's the easiest the person to play.  Flattery will get you everywhere.  Even today, she was suspicious after she saw Jack fucking Quentin but the minute he told her she'd be the guest of honor at the party that night, she immediately got flattered. 

I guess they figured that getting her boozed, coked up and putting a (probable) skilled sex worker in front of her would get them what they needed.

I cracked up when Isabella (?) revealed Rocco was already her boyfriend and all the maneuvering Valentina did to get her rival out of her way and it was all for naught. 

I do wonder if she's going to remember to get the master key back because if not---oof.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

Definitely think nothing happened between Harper and Cameron, and all of this is just her way of messing with Ethan's head and getting some form revenge for all of the previous deceit and attitude after.  Which.... I kind of understand, but I have a feeling that this is actually going to end up backfiring somehow and take them to a place that they can't come back from.  Which honestly might be a good thing for this duo, but I feel like Harper is going to be impacted in a way she won't expect.  Certainly seems to be working though since Ethan looks like he is this close to snapping.  As big of a jerk as he is, I did kind of love Cameron's "The fuck is wrong with you?!" reaction to all of Ethan's glaring and threats.  Guy has no clue what is going on here.  Meanwhile, Daphne seems to be the only out of the four that is just living the good life and I find that very fitting.

Yeah, I'm not saying he was going to be your soulmate there, Portia, but Albie is looking much better now, isn't he?  She is so regretting this fling with Jack (and I still don't think she knows the full extent of it yet.)  Granted, I feel like Albie is still being scammed by Lucia, so I doubt either of these two will be leaving Italy on a happy note.

Well, at least Valentina discovered that Isabella was a no go before she actually tried anything, but now she's just getting into bed with Mia instead, which I suspect will be used against her in the future.  Felt kind of bad for Isabella, because while I'm not sure just how much she figured out about Valentina's crush on her, I do think she truly respects/likes her and seemed disappointed when Valentina canceled on their dinner just because she knew it wasn't going to be romantic.

The Di Grassos find some of their distant relatives, but any form of reunion ends up being a bust.  I doubt it will effect Albie or Dominic in any real way, but Bert seems to have been shaken a little bit and has lost some of his ego and confidence here.

I'm not sure how this is all going to play out for Tanya, but I'm about 99% sure Quentin has bad intentions for her.  Sounds like he's actually not rolling in money after-all, so I'm thinking he's trying to worm his way into her finances somehow.

Finale next week and I honestly don't know who could be the potential dead bodies from the premiere.  Well, Daphne is likely safe (unless she somehow gets killed between finding the initial bodies and then when we see Valentina/Rocco after), but everyone else seems like they are in prime spots for something bad to go down.  Can't wait!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

Not very impressed with Will Sharpe's acting.  I feel like an actor with more range could have done a better job with this material.

If his character is supposed to be spineless and unlikable, he’s doing a heckuva good job. I understand this is a drama that is going to have contrived situations, but like maybe try communicating openly with your wife instead of acting either weird or paranoid about everything? And why would he even be jealous since clearly he’s not attracted to her in the first place?

If Lucia isn’t doing a long con on Albie, I’ll be shocked. It’s too obvious that’s not really her pimp.

I’m keeping my expectations low for the finale based on the S1 finale, and no one really getting the comeuppance they deserved. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the deaths from episode 1 are from food poisoning and not even connected to any of the storylines we are seeing.

Edited by Samsnee
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, AzureOwl said:

I would assume that there would be an infidelity clause in the prenup, put in by her lawyers to protect her, but that such clauses tend to be reciprocal. 

And I would agree when both parties are looking to protect assets, a reciprocal clause would make sense, but here it seems as though Tanya was really the only one who has assets.  My thought is whatever is going to happen with Tanya is being taped, and the idea is more to blackmail her, than anything having to do with the prenup.

11 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Di Grassos find some of their distant relatives,

I'm curious if they were actually even related.  All we heard was that they all had the same last name. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Samsnee said:

If Lucia isn’t doing a long con on Albie, I’ll be shocked. It’s too obvious that’s not really her pimp.

Yeah, I was surprised that a lot of people are even wondering if this is real, from the way Lucia was introduced (and her conversations with Mia) there's been zero indication she has a pimp.

For that matter, given that Dominic made arranges to hire Lucia initially, shouldn't he have interacted with this supposed pimp in the process of that?

2 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

And I would agree when both parties are looking to protect assets, a reciprocal clause would make sense, but here it seems as though Tanya was really the only one who has assets.  My thought is whatever is going to happen with Tanya is being taped, and the idea is more to blackmail her, than anything having to do with the prenup.

Greg mentioning the prenup as part of his dissatisfaction with their marriage seems like an indicator that it's relevant to the plot.

• Like 9

boy is there egg on my face.

Ok still not on the "quentin is going to kill tanya for greg" team, now team "quentin is going to film tanya cheating on greg thus allowing him to divorce her without the terms of the pre-nup applying"

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

And I would agree when both parties are looking to protect assets, a reciprocal clause would make sense, but here it seems as though Tanya was really the only one who has assets. 

I agree that Tanya has all the assets but that doesn't mean she gets to call all the shots on the prenup. If she really wants marriage, he has a tiny bit of leverage to make requests.  Prenups do protect assets each has before marriage but they also can include clauses about what a less-earning partner does get in the event of a divorce.  For instance, I've heard about clauses that state how much the less wealthy partner gets if the marriage lasts 1-5 years, 5-10, 10-20...etc. And Greg can probably request that there's a clause in there for her infidelity. 

• Love 1

I agree that Harper was messing with Ethan, and I loved how much it rattled him. Now I hope he has more empathy for what she felt when she found the condom wrapper between the couch cushions. Their marriage does seem dead though if he doesn't want to have sex with her anymore.

I think Quentin gave Jack his car and credit card with the instructions to keep Portia away from the villa overnight. Quentin just didn't realize Jack would accomplish this by getting drunk and spilling Q's secrets. I would find this storyline more believable if it were just Quentin trying to scam Tanya without any connection to Greg (just with the help of a hot Sicilian mafioso).

The sex scene between Valentina and Mia was a lot less graphic than the one between Armand and Dillon last season, for which I'm thankful. Still, I'm sure there will be consequences for Valentina if any of the other hotel employees find out that she used a vacant suite to sleep with a prostitute. BTW, we saw in the season opener that Rocco was still working at the beach club when he told Valentina about the dead bodies. So she's definitely holding a grudge against Isabella by not letting Rocco come back to work at the reception.

The old lady chasing off the DiGrassos with an artichoke was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I think Quentin gave Jack his car and credit card with the instructions to keep Portia away from the villa overnight. Quentin just didn't realize Jack would accomplish this by getting drunk and spilling Q's secrets. I would find this storyline more believable if it were just Quentin trying to scam Tanya without any connection to Greg (just with the help of a hot Sicilian mafioso).

Did Tanya have a moment alone with the Hottest Heterosexual In Palermo's gun during which she might have emptied it of bullets? 
I hope so.
And I hope she buried those bullets in a planter or somewhere equally inconvenient for a hit man.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

I just don't see what Greg has to gain from catching Tanya cheating. The prenup would have been written by a lawyer hired by Tanya, so he or she wouldn't have written anything into it that wasn't to Tanya's benefit. At most Greg would be entitled to some of Tanya's income during the time they were married, but that would be chump change for Tanya compared to her inherited fortune.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

So, I think we are meant to conclude that Greg was, and remains, Quentin's Wyoming cowboy.  Tanya spotted it too. The implications could be many. Also,  I  think that Portia has figured a lot of the scam out from Jack's drunken ramblings.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I just don't see what Greg has to gain from catching Tanya cheating. The prenup would have been written by a lawyer hired by Tanya, so he or she wouldn't have written anything into it that wasn't to Tanya's benefit. At most Greg would be entitled to some of Tanya's income during the time they were married, but that would be chump change for Tanya compared to her inherited fortune.

Even if her being caught cheating would get Greg more money than the prenup, maybe it's like $5 million?

That would give him financial security in retirement, live well but not to live in extravagant luxury.

Her cheating wouldn't justify a lot more, maybe $10 million max.  Why would Greg be entitled to more, they haven't been married long.

Even $10 million, if Greg split it with Quentin, isn't going to be enough for that villa, the yacht, the car, the hanger ons, etc.

The villa alone would have huge ongoing expenses unless he let the grounds go.  Who's going to clean those rooms?

So far it's hard to see Greg and Quentin and his entourage getting enough out of Tanya without her willing to give them a big chunk of her fortune, like $25 or $50 million.  

Giving her coke and a gigolo is worth tens of millions?

Harper was initially kind of blah about the trip, then put off when Cameron undressed in front of her and nothing that has happened during the trip should make her warm up to Cam.  Now she's being the coquette and making Ethan enraged, possibly to the point of being homicidal?

The Di Grasso family reunion, it doesn't seem like they were that serious about it.  They'd have gotten their own translator and would have something to say, maybe even have a picture of Bert's mother or grandmother who supposedly came from that town.

Good comedy though, with the old woman cursing them and chasing after them with an artichoke.

22 minutes ago, susannot said:

So, I think we are meant to conclude that Greg was, and remains, Quentin's Wyoming cowboy.  Tanya spotted it too. The implications could be many. Also,  I  think that Portia has figured a lot of the scam out from Jack's drunken ramblings.

I don't know that Portia figured it out, just has reasons to be suspicious, with Tanya telling her Jack isn't Quentin's nephew and now Jack rambling about Q not being so rich, which again goes back to Tanya telling her that these are high-end gays.

Them not being as rich as it appears wouldn't necessarily register to Portia as something nefarious.  She may think they befriended Tanya to ask for money, not that they're plotting something against her.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan van Snark said:

I wish Portia would have realized something was wrong and left the hotel that night.  

Yeah, this gal, not very smart. When her boy toy started rambling about the hole, she should have gotten out of there once he started snoring, which didn’t look like it based on next week’s previews. It’s a hotel, wouldn’t they have a taxi service? And she should know the name of the palazzo they’re staying at. Even if she didn’t knew at first, he let it slip in his drunken rambling.

Not sure if it had been mentioned before, but has anyone here seen The Worst Person In The World? Mia reminds me so much of the female lead there.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This episode didn’t do it for me. Everything is going too slow now and I feel like nothing is happening.

What is the plan with Tanya? To kill her somehow and then get all her money? Blackmail? Like what how would any of that work.

Lucia must be playing Albie.

The Valentina stuff meh.

I was really into this until the last couple episodes.

• Like 3

I can't believe Portia didn't leave the hotel alone after that drunken Jack scene and his behavior and the things he confessed. I expected the next scene to be of her catching a ride in front of the hotel after he'd fallen into his drunken stupor.

Tanya should have become super suspicious after seeing that picture of young Greg. But I guess she was too stoned to put two and two together. Funny, she's the one who told Portia to "get her shit together" but then she herself goes nuts with absolute trust of these screwy people.

And why didn't Tanya tell Portia exactly what she saw between Jack and Q?

And why the absolutely horrible communication between Harper and Ethan? They should have sat down and discussed it ad infinitum and maybe even called in Cameron to "testify". But he goes into an idiotic snit of tired of discussing it.

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Marley said:

This episode didn’t do it for me. Everything is going too slow now and I feel like nothing is happening.

For me, penultimate episodes always have a feeling of both everything and nothing happening at the same time.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Years ago I was a travel agent on a "fam" or familiarization trip in Maui. It was hosted by a tour company to familiarize a group of 20 or do agents with the various hotels on the island. Our group was sitting in a suite at the Sheraton listening to the hotel's marketing manager talking about the property when a couple who had booked the room last minute entered unexpectedly. Oops. We hightailed it out of there and the poor hotel employee was left to smooth things over with the startled travelers. So when Valentina and Mia were having sex in the "empty" suite, I kept waiting for an employee to enter with guests who had booked the room on a whim or who wanted to be shown the room before commiting. That would certainly spell disaster for Valentina. She was knowingly taking a huge risk.  When last seen, she and Mia were still in bed, so who knows. They could still be interrupted. 

Did Tanya recognize Greg in the photo? True, she was coked up and being seduced. But she took a good look at the photo and apparently no alarms went off. Very surprised Portia didn't immeduately flee when Jack fell asleep. She was putting two and two together and the picture wasn't pretty. Will be interesting to see how Tanya deals with the aftermath of the party and any attempt to blackmail her. Tanya is too good of a character and so well acted by Jennifer Coolidge that I can't imagine she won't be back for Season 3. 

Ethan has shown no interest in his wife, but he sure was pissed thinking she was with Cameron. Suspect one of that foursome is not going to leave White Lotus alive. Can't wait for next week. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Kudos to those who called the Greg/Quentin prior relationship. The cowboy story got something creaking in the back of my brain, but others caught on more quickly. It also explains why Greg was so annoyed that Tanya brought Portia along for the trip.

I'm wondering why Grandpa Di Grasso was so emotional and broken up about their failed encounter with the Italian family who may or may not have even been related to them. I get that it would be disappointing, but am not sure why he suddenly became so weepy at dinner. The Senora threatening them all with the artichoke was hilarious.

Lucia is most definitely running a long con on Albie.

Someone amongst the nouveau-tech foursome is definitely not going home alive. 

Poor Valentina really shows poor judgement most of the time.

I was struck this episode by how many Italian words are the same/similar to Spanish, which I realize shouldn't be surprising given they are both Romance languages with common roots. I know neither language, but the smattering of Spanish words I know, (such as birthday) come up the same in Italian.

It was a tense episode, but I kind of wish they had thrown us a bone (as in a smaller reveal) before the finale. It's a lot of build-up, so I'm hoping there's a satisfying conclusion.

• Like 5

I think Greg is also playing "the long con," from way back in season 1. I thought it was weird how he was so overly friendly w/ Tanya when they first met and his going to the wrong hotel door just screamed "fake" to me, like he knew exactly whose door that was.

Edited by nb360
Just saw Ethel... post :)
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8

One wild theory I have is that Albie defends Lucia from her "pimp" and accidentally kills him. I hope not because Albie seems to be one of the best people on this show. Or maybe it's Lucia or Mia's body. I avoid spoilers so these are just guesses. I wouldn't feel that bad if it was the "nephew" or his "uncle".

• Love 11

I didn't enjoy this episode. What a lackluster episode before the finale and I was annoyed Tanya didn't get the fuck out of there after what she saw the night before. 

Dominic and his dad  really romanticized this delusional Sicilian dream about meeting long lost relatives and got it crushed.

Poor Valentina who didn't realize Rocco and the girl she's in lust with were engaged and a couple, how embarrassing. At least she got some sex and devirginized on her birthday.

I rewatched last season the episodes when Greg met Tanya in Hawaii.  Looks like it's been a long con from the beginning when he 'mistaken' her room for his.  His cancer is probably another lie.

Why would Tanya trust Quentin to set her up with a 'heterosexual' male after seeing him and his 'nephew' the night before in flagrante. I'm assuming this 'well hung hetereosexual' is another rent boy like his 'nephew'.

I think Harper and Cameron did hook up when they went up to the room for their hat and book.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Marley said:

What is the plan with Tanya? To kill her somehow and then get all her money? Blackmail? Like what how would any of that work.

Lucia must be playing Albie.

The Valentina stuff meh.

I was really into this until the last couple episodes.

100% agree. There is no plot momentum.  This was the worst ep of the season by far. Zero substance, we don't learn anything new other than Portia is effing slow on the uptake. 

I think there might be something interesting about the three men trying to find their roots and they are denied a warm ending by three very disdainful ladies. Those women were not impressed.

I am done with the Ethan/Harper/Cameron thing. Any and all can die and it wouldn't matter to me.  

Mike White's pacing sucks. He should only be allowed 4 eps. Tighten it all up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

100% agree. There is no plot momentum.  This was the worst ep of the season by far. Zero substance, we don't learn anything new other than Portia is effing slow on the uptake. 

I think there might be something interesting about the three men trying to find their roots and they are denied a warm ending by three very disdainful ladies. Those women were not impressed.

I am done with the Ethan/Harper/Cameron thing. Any and all can die and it wouldn't matter to me.  

Mike White's pacing sucks. He should only be allowed 4 eps. Tighten it all up.

Yes this is the weakest episode with only one left.  The could have just skipped this one. It would have been better if Tanya fled and took Portia with her the next morning after finding out the nephew was fucking the uncle...who cares to stick around to find out if it's true or not that they're related.

The death last season was anticlimatic and next week might be too if this episode is anything to go by.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

While we've been all like to clearly see how susceptible Tanya is to flattery. It's amazing how well many of our other characters are manipulated.

I still want to believe that Lucia has genuine affection for Albie and a desire to changer her life following her encounter with Cameron and Ethan, but she's definitely working him to get out. Even if she's not trying to be malicious.

I've seen the Di Grassos' story playout in real life. The distant relatives still living in the same town don't give a crap about people they've never met, now trying to use them as a tourist stop.

• Like 7
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

BTW, we saw in the season opener that Rocco was still working at the beach club when he told Valentina about the dead bodies. So she's definitely holding a grudge against Isabella by not letting Rocco come back to work at the reception.

I think that flash-forward scene from the season opener is tomorrow [aka next week's episode] in real time, so she wouldn't have hadtime to reinstate Rocco.

Jack went from hot piece to every annoying drunken backpacker in the space of how many beers?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I think the season is about gaslighting which is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year 

Cameron and Daphne gaslight each other but they are both into it. 

Ethan tried to gaslight Harper but she is now gaslighting him with a fake affair 

Greg is gaslighting Tanya, Portia is being gaslighted by Mike

Mia is gaslighting Valentina to sing at the piano bar which they act like is Star Search, Lucia and the pimp who is probably her brother are gaslighting Albie. 

Isabella and Rocco were gaslighting the staff and are together 

still can’t stand Ethan….he is a whiny and pathetic and he did lie. 

also I need to find less stressful content to watch on Sunday nights. My tummy needed Sleepy time tea 

Edited by dmc
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

Are Cameron and Daphne attempting to pull a scam on them on top of that? Probably.

Cameron already tipped his hand on that. He wants Ethan to give him information so they can do some good old fashioned insider trading.

6 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

She spoke to the hotel worker before they took off, probably to have him get in touch with Alessio to follow them.

Ooh! Good catch!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

Coke is not really the best drug to get one loosened up, in my experience, either. Hot Freddy Mercury is hot, though.

Agreed.  Coke is the drug that you use when you to rage all night at the club. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Pike Ludwell said:

Tanya should have become super suspicious after seeing that picture of young Greg.

And why in the hell was that picture left out for her to see? That doesn't track with the scam.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

. "Why don't you trust me? I've never lied to you." Except for every time she asked him for the truth about what went on.

For Ethan, he only omitted the part about Cameron having sex with the hookers, so it wasn’t technically a lie. *eyeroll*

1 hour ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

The thing about a hot hookup on vacation is that you DON'T spend a lot of time with them. At least in my experience.  You get to do the vacationy things you were planning either alone or with the people you came with, and the sex partner is for the evenings.

This. I don’t fault Portia for not liking Albie. She cannot be forced to like him just because he’s a good guy. She made it clear with him she wanted to just have fun on a vacation, not look for her soulmate. When she said it didn’t seem like she was having fun and the vacation is a downer AFTER Albie took her out to his family trips and drives for two days is already a sign.

I don’t think Jack is her karma either. She can like or dislike whoever she wants. Not feeling Albie and liking Jack are two separate events, one has nothing to do with the other. For me, her character flaw is being slow on the uptake. When Jack kept on drinking and making up ways to not get her back at the villa, it should have set alarm bells already. And when he went on his drunken rambling and fell asleep, she should have hightailed it out of there.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 16

Despite his success, Ethan is still the guy in college whose roommate "stole" the girls he liked. Harper finally spoke the truth: They may love each other but the spark is gone. 

Tanya actually had good advice for Portia but didn't take it for herself. Quentin really does know Greg!

Albie found his wounded bird and Portia a bad boy, but they are both being conned. If only Portia had been attracted to Albie. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think Harper and Cameron did hook up when they went up to the room for their hat and book.

I don't, I think she is repulsed by him, knows his dick has been in a lot of places, sees Daphne as someone that is probably hurt by all his indiscretions and now is forced in to a bad pattern of coping mechanisms... with Cameron she is just keeping her enemy closer, trying to expose him for the fraud she senses him to be.

Maybe.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

We still haven't seen any evidence the pimp is actually a pimp. The guys chasing her could easily be overprotective brothers.

I take it Tanya was Greg's mark this whole time then? The two men are in cahoots to kill Tanya somehow?

This episode did drag a little. Is the next one going to be the finale?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I don’t know where the older DiGrassos fit into it but this season is all about gaslighting as a poster mentioned above. I’m scared that Albie will kill Alessio thinking he is Lucia’s pimp. Ethan and Harper are just exhausting at this point. Ethan is wimpy and doesn’t communicate and Harper has been a know it all drag since the vacation started.

Not sure what the con is with Tanya. Super rich people have very good lawyers and I can’t imagine they would draw up a prenup giving Greg a lot of money under any circumstance. The whole set up seems way too elaborate; what if Tanya didn’t want to go with Quentin or was sick or left Sicily early? Portia annoys me too; she takes a job as an assistant to a wealthy woman and gets a trip to Sicily with a lot of free time but is always negative and doesn’t seem helpful to Tanya, just complaining all the time.

. I know some people think Portia should have been allowed to be completely free of responsibilities in Sicily but why? She was hired to do a job. Valentina needs to find people outside of the resort. It is hard when you work long hours but she will get fired if she keeps flirting with employees.

• Like 2
  • Love 11