Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: For the Love of Babs

• Start Topic

didn't take long for her to get back to being all giggly over yet another guy who's just not that into her 🙄

one quick call to see how Bab's doing 

back to the school girl giggling 

• Love 4

And NOW it looks like Whitney's just writing Babs off completely.  This must be where she bawls in the car.  That scene is just trash.  She's SUCH a drama queen!!  Don't CALL YOUR DAD YOU DUMBSHIT.

Jeebus, she's doing it.  Isn't Babs still alive TODAY??

• Love 8

How can my heart break for someone yet still hate them at the same time? Leave it to Whit to stir up such emotions in me! 

Wishing Babs the very best. 

Sooooo are we still supposed to believe her relationship with LeBlur was real? I don't. Lenny shows up and Whit acts like she is the one that dumped him and he's still in love with her and turns up 5 yrs later? If I remember correctly he was cheating on her. Does her narcissism never end? How much is TLC paying him to play the part of the pathetic ex that wants her back?

What in hell is going on with Ashley? Whit didn't know she was pregnant? The most awkward scene ever. I thought Ashley was one of her minion besties but she shows up with this big preggo belly and Whit pretends she didn't know. Bad acting on Whit's part because she didn't even seem surprised.  

• Love 11

I feel like a jerk saying this because I feel awful for their family and Babs, but I really hope this season isn’t mostly this. There’s enough heartbreak in real life. I watch tv for escape from reality. Yes, it’s a ‘reality’ show, but we all know it’s mostly scripted.  Of course, I’m glad she gets better-that’s wonderful! And an outcome most aren’t lucky enough to get. But if each episode is going to be half doom and worry, I can’t watch that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, albarino said:

Why wouldn't you call your Dad; he can't be there.  Wouldn't he want to know what is going on?

Because Whitney was crying and carrying on.  She should have composed herself before making the call. Had I received that call, with her blubbering, I would have assumed Babs had died.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I feel like a jerk saying this because I feel awful for their family and Babs, but I really hope this season isn’t mostly this. There’s enough heartbreak in real life. I watch tv for escape from reality. Yes, it’s a ‘reality’ show, but we all know it’s mostly scripted.  Of course, I’m glad she gets better-that’s wonderful! And an outcome most aren’t lucky enough to get. But if each episode is going to be half doom and worry, I can’t watch that.

For sure pi237. Love to make fun of Whitney for all of her ridiculous schemes and romances, but I do not wish tragedy on she or any of her family. We are snarkers here, not  monsters. 

• Love 10

For me this was the first authentic episode we have seen from Whitney. Usually its full of lies and made up stories. So my take on the Ashley pregnant news is that apparently she is only around for filming, Stevie Wonder could see she was clearly pregnant and Whitney didn't know? Sure Jan. So now Lenny is back, he clearly looks better with the cleaned up beard, but of course Whitney is all like "I dumped him" um no, he ghosted you years ago. He is clearly there for the story line this season which I am sure was planned well before Bab's stroke

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

One thing I also noticed, she painted her pretty red brick house. It looks nice, but also as an owner of a red brick house I have been told that is a big no no to paint over that. Not sure if others heard that as well. 

I noticed the paint, too. One of the reasons I moved to where I am now is because of all the pretty red brick houses. I love them. I came from Florida and you never see it. Only ugly boring stucco homes. 

4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

For me this was the first authentic episode we have seen from Whitney. Usually its full of lies and made up stories

Her mom being ill is authentic but other than that, I don't think so. The entire Lenny coming back around is BS and I don't think there is any Frenchman. Last season or now. She's too cool about it all, last season she was losing her mind over Frenchman. Now, she barely speaks of him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What in hell is going on with Ashley? Whit didn't know she was pregnant? The most awkward scene ever. I thought Ashley was one of her minion besties but she shows up with this big preggo belly and Whit pretends she didn't know. Bad acting on Whit's part because she didn't even seem surprised.  

I thought that was strange. Does she hardly ever see Ashley? I thought they were really close friends? shrug.

And what happened to Buddy? Is he not filming anymore?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, applewood said:

And what happened to Buddy? Is he not filming anymore?

He's happily engaged and living in another town. I don't think we'll be seeing much of him anymore. He will probably make an obligatory appearance now and then but he has pretty much moved on. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

One thing I also noticed, she painted her pretty red brick house. It looks nice, but also as an owner of a red brick house I have been told that is a big no no to paint over that. Not sure if others heard that as well. 

I noticed that as well…. I don’t like it plus she didn’t just paint the outside dark blue she painted most of the inside the same color.

• Sad 1

Haha I'm totally in to this "reality" where she has a French boyfriend, Lennie her "ex" is still in love with her and I guess we're supposed to wonder all season who she'll end up with 😂🙄😂  Not at all surprised that Lennie's latest foray into the "art" world consists of painting triangles on her wall.  The hardest thing to believe, from tonight, is that filming NoBS active is a 40 hour/week job!!!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I have to say I did like the 80s vibe with the triangles on the wall.  But I don't understand why in the previews she had to rent a studio to make some video when her garage studio looks pretty darn nice now.

Also from the preview, the wedding dress that Jessica was wearing looked hideous on her.  

Yes the revisionist history aspect with Lennie is maddening, along with the delusional narcissism for Whit to tell Lennie he can't fall in love with her.   That conversation was cringe-worthy for many reasons, but one of them is because he is just not a very good actor.  I do have to say, though, that he looks sooo much better now that his beard is shorter, and with some beard rather than no beard.  But the absolute worst was her comment to Lennie that she showed his pic to the Frenchman and he wasn't worried at all.  Could you imagine how offended Whit would be if the situation had been the other way around?!

• Applause 4
  • Love 9

I think the biggest problem with painting brick is that it doesn't stay looking nice very long, so you are constantly repainting. I don't mind the shade of blue but I thought her house was cuter when it was original red brick. I can think of a bunch more things I'd have spent that part of the home maintenance budget on...

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Honestly same, my mom passed away recently from health problems so if the whole season is centering around her mom's declining health I'm not sure if I can watch it, even with the snark. And it is good to know she gets better! But yeah I see it as an escape from reality as well.

Also I'm not sure Babs was too happy with Whitney talking about ALL her health issues, specially the UTI. Whitney said she wanted to respect her privacy by not filming due to not being able to consent to anything, so it's weird to me that she wouldn't be more vague and private about Babs' issues.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He's happily engaged and living in another town. I don't think we'll be seeing much of him anymore. He will probably make an obligatory appearance now and then but he has pretty much moved on. 

Good for Buddy.  I looked at his Instagram last night after the show and He seems very happy.

I have always enjoyed Whitney’s parent and I was saddened to see them go through this.  Whitney blubbering “I hope she knows I love her” seemed odd to me.  I’ve lost both my parents and I never even contemplated the idea that they didn’t know I loved them, because I showed them every day.

• Love 8

It hits me hard watching the medical scenes too, though I haven’t lost a parent.  My condolences to those who have.  I have had many hospital, ER, Rehab, etc, experiences with my parents though and it really gets your attention and causes you to really feel the reality of our parent’s mortality.  I also went through it with my older cousin for 6 years until her death in 2020.  

I didn’t buy the Lenny thing this time.  He’s not one of my favorites.  Oh well, maybe, he won’t get too much screen time.   

I can understand painting the red brick exterior.  The red brick really dates a house most of the time.   On my old street, all but one house that was originally red brick was painted some shade of grey, white, cream, etc.   lol. And, they did look fresher and newer than before.  

I hope Babs is doing better.  Things did seem grave.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have to say I did like the 80s vibe with the triangles on the wall.  But I don't understand why in the previews she had to rent a studio to make some video when her garage studio looks pretty darn nice now.

Also from the preview, the wedding dress that Jessica was wearing looked hideous on her.  

Yes the revisionist history aspect with Lennie is maddening, along with the delusional narcissism for Whit to tell Lennie he can't fall in love with her.   That conversation was cringe-worthy for many reasons, but one of them is because he is just not a very good actor.  I do have to say, though, that he looks sooo much better now that his beard is shorter, and with some beard rather than no beard.  But the absolute worst was her comment to Lennie that she showed his pic to the Frenchman and he wasn't worried at all.  Could you imagine how offended Whit would be if the situation had been the other way around?!

Heh. LeBlur isn't  worried "at all" because THE RELATIONSHIP ISN'T REAL. Duh. 

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, sara1025 said:

Also I'm not sure Babs was too happy with Whitney talking about ALL her health issues, specially the UTI. Whitney said she wanted to respect her privacy by not filming due to not being able to consent to anything, so it's weird to me that she wouldn't be more vague and private about Babs' issues.

I completely understand what you are saying but I am glad the show discussed Babs' UTI.  I'm not on many websites but a website I frequent had a discussion about six months ago regarding how several of the posters had elderly parents/relatives in the hospital on a downward spiral and they had UTIs that were diagnosed/late to be diagnosed and the UTI treatment turned them around.  I'm not a medical professional by any means so I thought the discussion on a different message board was enlightening and I think so here.

With Whit calling her dad after her visit and being very upset, here is my take after thinking a little bit more about it.  Whit, the doc, her dad and brother had a teleconference to discuss her mom's prognosis while Whit was in the hospital.  The show filmed her calling her dad after the visit while walking to her car.  Okay, poetic license or something.  Whit does not have the medical power of attorney, her dad does.  No way she is making these end of life (or not) decisions on her own. 

I also agree this shouldn't be the focus of this season.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, albarino said:

I completely understand what you are saying but I am glad the show discussed Babs' UTI.  I'm not on many websites but a website I frequent had a discussion about six months ago regarding how several of the posters had elderly parents/relatives in the hospital on a downward spiral and they had UTIs that were diagnosed/late to be diagnosed and the UTI treatment turned them around.  I'm not a medical professional by any means so I thought the discussion on a different message board was enlightening and I think so here.

Agreed! Oftentimes, UTIs can lead to disorientation and confusion, especially in elderly patients. I'm wondering if that was the "ICU delirium" that Sweatney was referencing previously.

This was difficult for me to watch because my dad, who is just a few years older than Babs, had a stroke two months ago. He's very active, works two jobs, and doesn't have any health concerns outside of being 78. It came completely out of the blue and he's recovered fully, but it was tough. It, too, am hoping that this won't be a gloom-and-doom season regarding poor Babs' health.

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1

I finally watched the new episode and I’m so disgusted I don’t even know where to begin.  For a while now I have been contemplating how reality tv has deteriorated my intelligence and the intelligence of several generations of Americans.  After watching this episode and having my husband walking in and out of the room while muttering “what the actual fuck?”, I had to ask myself, am I actually entertained by this anymore?  Am I really?  Is the snarking over Quitney’s buffoonery on this sub and watching this train wreck worth what I watched yesterday?

First of all, I witnessed both of my parents decline and lose their health slowly in hospital until they died.  If this poor excuse for a human intends to make this the basis of her “season,” I’m out.  That’s not something anyone needs to see because it’s private for a family going through it, and it’s certainly not entertainment or educational.  And I’m not going to watch something that brings all of that back for me.  Secondly, I didn’t like the kind of person I became watching that ridiculous bullshit on TV.  She is filming one of her family’s lowest points for money and all I could think of was look at this ridiculous cow, with her over inflated orange clown mouth, blubbering and wailing and carrying on, all the while making sure the right camera angles were in place.  For some reason, instead of having Christian pity or concern for her, I just wanted to slap her and I don’t like feeling that way.  So I have to ask myself, is this entertaining?

I do not feel badly laughing and snarking at this woman’s delusions of grandeur, her unreal plot lines, her fantasy boyfriends or her paid friends.  I figure hey, she is putting all of this out there for money, so she is inviting public response.  I’m good to go watching her paid romance with Lennie, her made up “business and friends” and her fantasy French man.  I do not want to watch Babs’ health struggles or the toll it is taking on her and her family.  Sorry, can’t do it.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, albarino said:

With Whit calling her dad after her visit and being very upset, here is my take after thinking a little bit more about it.  Whit, the doc, her dad and brother had a teleconference to discuss her mom's prognosis while Whit was in the hospital.  The show filmed her calling her dad after the visit while walking to her car.  Okay, poetic license or something.  Whit does not have the medical power of attorney, her dad does.  No way she is making these end of life (or not) decisions on her own. 

I also agree this shouldn't be the focus of this season.

I agree with you on everything here!  I learned about UTIs causing problems/worsening people with dementia right here on this very website, and shared it with my boss who is caring for her sister with dementia, and it turned out to help them when her sister was acting oddly and that's what it was!  I feel for Glen and Babs, but honestly - they seemed to always enjoy being on tv almost as much as Whitney, and they're apparently still up for it, so there you go.  Obviously Glen already knew what Whitney was telling him; that's just how they roll.  And I'm glad to see that Babs get better but I too would rather make fun of her throwing herself at Lennie whilst claiming to have a French boyfriend 😄

• Love 3

I usually lurk here because everyone else covers things perfectly, but I just wanted to say that after a whole season of her obsessing over the French Man (oy) and yapping to everyone who would listen about going to Paris and meeting him, we get a couple of pictures with his face obscured and a vague statement of how things went and that's it?  I guess she figured exploiting her mother's stroke was a better plotline.  I was particularly amused that several of her friends thought the supposed relationship with the French Man was over because she hadn't mentioned him.  

I really hope the people storyboarding this show don't think this is a springboard to getting jobs on scripted shows, because they are terrible writers.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, albarino said:

Yep.  While I do believe she is the only one of the family actually visiting Babs in the hospital, no way on earth is she the only one communicating with the hospital.  They gave that away a bit when Glen started talking about how helpful that advocate had been, but we hadn't seen that advocate woman, so we know darn well that he has been actively involved.  

• Love 9

Apparently, these shows pay quite well.  I had no real idea, until I recently read that a certain teen mom, with no discernible skills and caustic personality, is making $600,000.00 a year on Teen Mom!  Not a rumor , but used by the courts to determine her child support obligation.   If Whit and her crew are making even one-fourth of that money, I get why they are involved in the show.  

https://www.tyla.com/celebrity/teen-mom-og-amber-portwoods-salary-disclosed-as-shes-ordered-to-pay-20220728q

I’m not sure how recovered Babs is, but she shared her health scares before and seemed fine with it.  Presumably, Glenn is her POA and makes decision for her when she’s unable.  And, she’s probably provided instructions in her contract with TLC, since her health is precarious.  

• Love 4

OK, my 2 cents worth. First off, I am not discounting or making fun of Whit's worries or fears about her mom. Stokes can be devastating and this is # 2 for Babs. But Whit has to GROW UP! Her parents are aging and everyone dies sooner or later. Her constant weeping and carrying on like it's all on her is tiring. I'm not buying that Glenn has not been informed of Bab's condition-he is her NOK and would be in the loop of any changes in her condition. Also, a patient advocate is a fantastic way to explore different options as to what future treatment plans could be, what costs are involved, and so on. Maybe I'm too calloused towards all this weeping and drama but I am older and lost my Mom in 2010 (age 81), my younger sister in 2019 (age 59) and finally my dear Dad in May of this year (age 93). In all 3 cases I knew they were going to die and while it was sad and I miss them every day I never was hysterical or acted out like Whit. Grief is different for everyone but putting all her drama on display is not why I watch this show and really not what I want to see. She seems to have a good support system-friends that are there for her and trying to help her out.  She needs to grow a pair and face things head-on instead of becoming a blubbering mess. My question is: if she is still with the FrenchMan and he is supposedly her boyfriend, where the fuck is he? Any boyfriend would race over to be with their lover to give love and support at a time like this. So he isn't real after all, just as I suspected. It looks like Babs does get better (you go, girl!) so all is not lost (yet). Rant over.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 10

I missed Whitney saying that they didn't film out of respect for Babs's privacy. I did catch the screen message that said they weren't allowed to film in the hospital due to COVID. I'm pretty sure that was the deciding factor. 

I learned about UTIs causing problems/worsening people with dementia right here on this very website, and shared it with my boss who is caring for her sister with dementia, and it turned out to help them when her sister was acting oddly and that's what it was!

I had a similar situation with an older friend and it's honestly pretty incredible how UTIs in older people can cause behavioral and mental health status changes - and how fully and quickly they can recover. I think it's because UTIs in children and younger adults aren't such a big deal but they can be devastating in the elderly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I missed Whitney saying that they didn't film out of respect for Babs's privacy. I did catch the screen message that said they weren't allowed to film in the hospital due to COVID. I'm pretty sure that was the deciding factor. 

I had a similar situation with an older friend and it's honestly pretty incredible how UTIs in older people can cause behavioral and mental health status changes - and how fully and quickly they can recover. I think it's because UTIs in children and younger adults aren't such a big deal but they can be devastating in the elderly.

Taking it to small talk 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

First I want to say I hope Babs is doing well; she is the sweetest.

I watch this to see Whitney dostupid things. I agree with those who do not want the entire season to be sad seeing Babs ill. 

Tomorrow is the four year anniversary of my 12 year old sweet daughter Madison passing away. So these shows are an escape for me. I get enough reality daily.

• Hugs 22
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Tomorrow is the four year anniversary of my 12 year old sweet daughter Madison passing away.

I really am so very sorry for your loss. As a mother, I can't begin to imagine your grief.  

Edited by albarino
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 10:54 PM, lightninggirl said:

Agreed! Oftentimes, UTIs can lead to disorientation and confusion, especially in elderly patients. I'm wondering if that was the "ICU delirium" that Sweatney was referencing previously.

My mom is in a nursing home and has a catheter.  On 2 separate occasions, she had a UTI that got so severe that she was delirious for 2 days straight.  We through for sure she was going to pass.  Luckily, the Drs were able to get the right strain of meds.  UTIs are extremely serious!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

First I want to say I hope Babs is doing well; she is the sweetest.

I watch this to see Whitney dostupid things. I agree with those who do not want the entire season to be sad seeing Babs ill. 

Tomorrow is the four year anniversary of my 12 year old sweet daughter Madison passing away. So these shows are an escape for me. I get enough reality daily.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love 4
On 8/10/2022 at 11:25 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

First of all, I witnessed both of my parents decline and lose their health slowly in hospital until they died.  If this poor excuse for a human intends to make this the basis of her “season,” I’m out.  That’s not something anyone needs to see because it’s private for a family going through it, and it’s certainly not entertainment or educational.  And I’m not going to watch something that brings all of that back for me.  Secondly, I didn’t like the kind of person I became watching that ridiculous bullshit on TV.  She is filming one of her family’s lowest points for money and all I could think of was look at this ridiculous cow, with her over inflated orange clown mouth, blubbering and wailing and carrying on, all the while making sure the right camera angles were in place.  For some reason, instead of having Christian pity or concern for her, I just wanted to slap her and I don’t like feeling that way.  So I have to ask myself, is this entertaining?

I held off on watching the ep until today and I have to echo your comments. This is not what the show should be focusing on. I've said it before that out of basic human decency, the show should have been put on hiatus until Babs recovered (or passed) because there is zero justification for making her very real health crisis as fodder for a cheap "slice of life" television show. If Whitney didn't have the brain cells to rub together and figure that out (not to mention wanting to protect her mother from being put on display), then someone at the network should have had a lightbulb moment and ask what they fuck they were doing before pulling the plug. It's one thing to watch this idiotic creature making a fool of herself with her manufactured storylines about romances that are always one-sided and physical "challenges" that usually end up with someone carrying her fat ass in one way or another. But this should be off limits. 

As for Whitney, I also wanted to slap her. There are quite a few of us here who've lost loved ones in the past few years, and I'm sure that we've all had our breakdowns. I know I certainly did, but not in public and not so that I needed to be comforted by the family members who I needed to support. Glen is facing possibly losing his wife and he has to waste his energy on dealing with his overgrown toddler of a daughter who is zero help. I get that some people just aren't good in a crisis, but if they can't be any real help then they need to get the hell out of the way. Glen does not need to have her blubbering when he's got to make important decisions about Bab's care. But as much as Whitney deserved having the holy hell slapped out of her, I wanted to hug her because I know that facing the lost of a parent is one of the most traumatic experiences one can go through. 

And as others have pointed out, this is something that she is going to have to deal with at some point. We all have to face our parents aging and having health crises of one type or another and falling apart is just being self-indulgent. Glen needs her to be strong to help support him and Babs and instead of rising up and showing that she can be the rock that he needs, she's just another thing for him to have to take care of. 

• Love 14

Yes , Hana, you stated this so much better than I can.  All the stupid crap they make up to fill this show to make it seem like Whit has something going on in her real life - fake boyfriends,  engagements,  contests and challenges- I'd come to the conclusion that she really must not have much going on in her life, or anything that's "worthy" of filming for the show. And here's something that happens, very real and difficult, and they lunge for the opportunity to use it for dramatic purposes.  It feels so inappropriate and disrespectful.  Yes, Whit loves Babs, she is very close to her family, and the family is devastated and struggling with the situation.  Very real.  But this episode was just too much,, and feels in very poor taste.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Cache said:

I'd come to the conclusion that she really must not have much going on in her life, or anything that's "worthy" of filming for the show.

That's not an unreasonable assumption to make. I don't think anyone's lives are interesting enough to spend more than an hour or so on, and I'm talking about people that I really like. Outside of our careers, what are our lives? Doing chores and errands, raising kids and taking care of pets if we have them and a bit of leisure activity. Whitney was originally seen as a charming young woman with a bit of talent and a lot of confidence. That's fine for a profile but this show has been going on for 10 seasons now. Whatever legitimate and real elements of her life have long since been mined and the show is reduced to inventing storylines to try to make Whitney more interesting so they can keep the train chugging along. This is a cheap show to produce and I can understand why the network is willing to go along with the elements that are clearly scripted. Whitney is less a real person now than a character that we can laugh at.

Bab's stroke, to me, is where the line should have been very clearly drawn. And if Whitney had an ounce of integrity. she would have insisted that production stop until her mother was out of danger. How she could even think about the show when her mother is critically ill is beyond me since I was barely able to function at all when my mom got sick. I get that she's got a legal obligation to the network but if I were in her shoes and they insisted on filming, I would have told the network to go fuck themselves and sue me if they wanted. Because I would love to see a network executive having to explain in court why they would sue a talent over breach of contract when said talent was dealing with such an important family crisis. Not to mention Whitney's fans, who would understand and support her against any network action.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 8/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, Meow Mix said:

I usually lurk here because everyone else covers things perfectly, but I just wanted to say that after a whole season of her obsessing over the French Man (oy) and yapping to everyone who would listen about going to Paris and meeting him, we get a couple of pictures with his face obscured and a vague statement of how things went and that's it?  I guess she figured exploiting her mother's stroke was a better plotline. 

It's an actual plotline anyway.  It's hard to construct a story for more than one season around a plot line and character that don't exist 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, Hana Chan said:

If Whitney didn't have the brain cells to rub together and figure that out (not to mention wanting to protect her mother from being put on display), then someone at the network should have had a lightbulb moment and ask what they fuck they were doing before pulling the plug. It's one thing to watch this idiotic creature making a fool of herself with her manufactured storylines about romances that are always one-sided and physical "challenges" that usually end up with someone carrying her fat ass in one way or another. But this should be off limits. 

Couldn't agree more.  

And just my two cents worth, but my late husband had 3 major strokes & many smaller TIAs starting when he was only in his mid 30's.  That's not what killed him.  With today's medical interventions, physical therapy, positive outlook & family support, strokes are not necessarily a dire situation.  The brain can make new connections & tries to repair itself.  So I have no patience for Whitney's drama & especially using her mom's circumstance as a major plot line. I suppose to be involved in these "enhanced" semi-reality shows, you have to be able to use everyone you know who's willing to be drawn into your web. I'm surprised Glenn didn't tell her to back off when it comes to details on Babs, but then again Whitney is the result of a lifetime of being indulged by him. 

• Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, BAForever said:

For sure pi237. Love to make fun of Whitney for all of her ridiculous schemes and romances, but I do not wish tragedy on she or any of her family. We are snarkers here, not  monsters. 

This times a millionnnnnn. I work in skilled nursing, I’m here for whit cringe! 

Speaking of cringe, freaking Lenny. How much are they paying this dude? Whitney’s oh so subtle allusion to a drinking thing? Rejection from a woman that would create a relationship with someone she “met” while playing Dream Phone? Dude. Self respect. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, Hana Chan said:

As for Whitney, I also wanted to slap her. There are quite a few of us here who've lost loved ones in the past few years, and I'm sure that we've all had our breakdowns. I know I certainly did, but not in public and not so that I needed to be comforted by the family members who I needed to support. Glen is facing possibly losing his wife and he has to waste his energy on dealing with his overgrown toddler of a daughter who is zero help.

I think that Glen and Babs' greatest worry may be that they're moving toward the last years of their lives, and their children, especially their daughter, can't provide for and take care of themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I fast forwarded most of the first episode, but will skip the Babs stuff.  I hope that if they show her in the episode, they take great care in preserving some of her privacy.  I was never really a Babs fan but feel awful that’s she’s having so many medical issues.  I also know she takes great pride in her appearance.

I would like since the episode says Babs, Hunter, and Glen all have Covid that maybe we will get some shenanigans with Whitney and her friends.  Please let Todd be on the episode.  I wonder if Buddy will make an obligatory appearance to be informed of Babs and so Whitney can inform him both Le Blur and eventually Lenny are head over heels for her.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wonder if Buddy will make an obligatory appearance to be informed of Babs and so Whitney can inform him both Le Blur and eventually Lenny are head over heels for her.

I'd love to see LeBlur and/or Lenny, ride off into the sunset with Hunter.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, Maisiesmom said:

OK, my 2 cents worth. First off, I am not discounting or making fun of Whit's worries or fears about her mom. Stokes can be devastating and this is # 2 for Babs. But Whit has to GROW UP! Her parents are aging and everyone dies sooner or later. Her constant weeping and carrying on like it's all on her is tiring. I'm not buying that Glenn has not been informed of Bab's condition-he is her NOK and would be in the loop of any changes in her condition. Also, a patient advocate is a fantastic way to explore different options as to what future treatment plans could be, what costs are involved, and so on. Maybe I'm too calloused towards all this weeping and drama but I am older and lost my Mom in 2010 (age 81), my younger sister in 2019 (age 59) and finally my dear Dad in May of this year (age 93). In all 3 cases I knew they were going to die and while it was sad and I miss them every day I never was hysterical or acted out like Whit. Grief is different for everyone but putting all her drama on display is not why I watch this show and really not what I want to see. She seems to have a good support system-friends that are there for her and trying to help her out.  She needs to grow a pair and face things head-on instead of becoming a blubbering mess. My question is: if she is still with the FrenchMan and he is supposedly her boyfriend, where the fuck is he? Any boyfriend would race over to be with their lover to give love and support at a time like this. So he isn't real after all, just as I suspected. It looks like Babs does get better (you go, girl!) so all is not lost (yet). Rant over.

I know...I'm probably sounding insensitive,  but I've been living without both of my parents for yrs now.   That's the cycle of life.   Babs is 70 something?  Whitney should consider herself blessed.  Grieving is natural and good but she is going to go way over the top when it happens.  I lost my mom when she was 63...22 yrs ago.  I wish I had her til 73.    I'm sure there's many people who lost their parents much younger. I'd be very happy to get to 70 something myself....  With health problems and all !  ☺️

Sorry if that was insensitive 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I know...I'm probably sounding insensitive,  but I've been living without both of my parents for yrs now.   That's the cycle of life.   Babs is 70 something?  Whitney should consider herself blessed.  Grieving is natural and good but she is going to go way over the top when it happens.  I lost my mom when she was 63...22 yrs ago.  I wish I had her til 73.    I'm sure there's many people who lost their parents much younger. I'd be very happy to get to 70 something myself....  With health problems and all !  ☺️

Sorry if that was insensitive 

Yep. Lost my mother when she was 3 months before her 53rd birthday (tbh, I didn't mourn, I didn't care). Lost my dad 6 months later. Lost my only sib 30 years ago just 3 WEEKS before her 53rd birthday.  Losing my dad and my sister gutted me.

• Sad 5