Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: For the Love of Babs

• Start Topic

While I don't really agree with it, it always looked to me like Babs loved having the spotlight on her and even her serious medical conditions so I don't think it's that much on Whitney for allowing the filming to focus on her mother's second stroke.  They filmed the first one, after all and Babs seemed to enjoy the attention.  It doesn't look like we'll be spared more on that judging from the previews, but like most others here I just hope this season isn't ALL about that.  They'll probably focus on Lenny too.  I suppose he's being paid to stand in for Boo Bear since he finally had enough and got himself a Real Life.  Also, the Frenchman - Not sure where or if they're going anywhere with that.  I could be spared him too.  It was very obviously a fake relationship anyway, so just yawn and get off my screen already!

As far as not wanting to see parents with medical issues featured here, I'm 64, both my parents have passed.  My father died of Covid 2 years ago at age 92.  My mom died 21 years ago at age 77.  My mother was in the hospital for a month before she died.  My dad was in the hospital for a week.  Somehow I'm able to disassociate myself and my family from Babs' medical issues.  It's not my life and the medical issues are completely different.  I'm interested in it at this point because I have always had an affection for Babs and am genuinely concerned for her health.  I actually care more about Whitney's mother than Whitney!  I suspect I am far from alone in that sentiment which is one reason it's being featured as a sub-plot on the show.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Yep. Lost my mother when she was 3 months before her 53rd birthday (tbh, I didn't mourn, I didn't care). Lost my dad 6 months later. Lost my only sib 30 years ago just 3 WEEKS before her 53rd birthday.  Losing my dad and my sister gutted me.

Omg.  I could not imagine losing my sister,  my one sibling.   I'm so sorry.   It must be so painful.    😔   I guess  we all share the pain of losing a loved one or more.  It's part of us all being human I suppose.  Like in a way we are in this thing called life, together.         🌎 ❤️

• Hugs 1

Hello everyone. First time but long time lurker. Watching the show. I am not sympathetic at all. If Whitney is in pain, can she take a moment and think about how the others will feel when it’s her in ICU? Because we all know that is her future. I’m so disgusted with her selfishness. Lost my mother and grandmothers when I was 12. She’s a grown ass woman who makes everything about her. Her mother’s stroke and her battle is not Whitney’s sympathy train. She should be doing everything she can to encourage her mother and with her voice should be encouraging the public to know the signs of stroke. But no, it’s always about Whitney. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Glad someone else is giving Whitney the side eye.  I had a cousin that barely was around to help her ailing mother and at the mother's funeral caused such a scene at the gravesite wailing and wanting to crawl on top of the casket etc.  When services were over she was 1st in the buffet line.  I was around 14 at the time and muttered nice f*#&ing performance and my mom let it slide (she hated the f word).

I lost my mother when I was 28 and wouldn't dream of carrying on like Whitney did.

Just want to say all the nurses, hospice workers and advocates are special angels and wish them many blessings. 

• Hugs 1
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2022 at 7:11 AM, ccphilly said:

UTIs are extremely serious!

I had no idea!  I haven't watched Whitney in a good while, but saw some comments in the FB group and just happened to catch her tonight. I didn't know why Babs was in the hospital until I checked in here.

I lost my 91 yr old mother at the end of June. She was in and out of the hospital for 2 months. I don't recall anyone saying she had UTIs, but I will keep it in mind for me. 😃 She did have a lot of really low blood sugar incidents, whereas she had been in good control before she got sick. 

I knew she was fading and made my peace with that. My (much) younger sisters, who live in her same town, were in bad shape. I'm a widow, so I've been thru this on a personal level, and with co-workers. I wasn't into the loss of control that Whitney is exhibiting. 

And because I have to snark about our girl - in all these years, it looks like she hasn't lost an ounce. How's her health?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, aliya said:

I had no idea!  I haven't watched Whitney in a good while, but saw some comments in the FB group and just happened to catch her tonight. I didn't know why Babs was in the hospital until I checked in here.

I lost my 91 yr old mother at the end of June. She was in and out of the hospital for 2 months. I don't recall anyone saying she had UTIs, but I will keep it in mind for me. 😃 She did have a lot of really low blood sugar incidents, whereas she had been in good control before she got sick. 

I knew she was fading and made my peace with that. My (much) younger sisters, who live in her same town, were in bad shape. I'm a widow, so I've been thru this on a personal level, and with co-workers. I wasn't into the loss of control that Whitney is exhibiting. 

And because I have to snark about our girl - in all these years, it looks like she hasn't lost an ounce. How's her health?

I'm so sorry about your mom.