Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Rosé Colored Glasses

• Start Topic

Rinna's meltdown in the preview looked hilarious. She's totally going to milk her grief over Lois as a free pass for being a heinous bitch. And by the looks of it,  they'll all rush to her side with hugs and ass kisses. 

Dorit's reaction shots were also hilarious. She must practice those in a mirror. I've yet to see a one on one conversation with her that seemed genuine. She's always saying what she thinks she should or what was pre-written for her. It never seems real. I feel like we don't even know her at all.  She's always acting.

I agree that Sutton needs to learn how to fight back. She tries to calmly and slowly explain herself like you would with children. It gives them too much time to interrupt and derail her point. She's good in the talking heads-So wish she'd have said that soap opera line to Rinna's face.

Edited by Pi237
  • Applause 2
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If ANYTHING it shows that the other girls DO base their whole storyline around attacking ONE person we have watched it happen for 3 seasons now .. they pick ONE housewife and all go after her 

I think FF5 is afraid of the others turning on them and outing their secrets. I don't see true friendships.  Garcelle and Sutton aren't playing that game.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe Garcelle would have left with her? That would have been a very cool move.

Agreed, but it looked like everyone just sat there while Rinna was going at Sutton about imaginary slights and yelling at her to get out.   It's not enough to not bully - a real friend or even a decent person would have stood up for Sutton.   And yet this almost never happens in real time; you can almost see the other RHs present try and calculate if it would be beneficial to them to say something or remain silent.   The same thing happened when Erika threatened Sutton at Kathy's dinner party last season.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sutton's kids are not being coddled like Rinna's kids, she is not trying to make them "happen," like Rinna did and she is not paying for expensive downtown LA apartments for them, I am pretty sure Sutton will not do back bends trying to get her daughter to walk in the next Tommy Hilfrigger, (That was how Rinna garbbled his name seasons ago), show.  I like that her son worked regular jobs till he sorted out what he wanted to do in life.

If the hostess of a party I was invited to told me to get the fuck out I would, what would be the point of staying? Rinna and Co. are trying to gang up on Sutton but it is only making them look bad. Garcelle will be the hero of this show, Long Live Garcelle! 

No Diana, whew. Who even has the energy for her?

My cat owns me, my cat will sit on a table or kitchen island to just hang out with me, non cat people tend to have a hard time with all the counter sitting, I think Sutton just might be able to normalize it, lol.

Lol !! yep I am a non-cat person who would surely have a problem with it . I had a problem just watched Sutton's son feed the dog with his fingers and then proceed to make his chicken salad sandwich with no hand washing at all. Nothing can normalize this for me. Lol !! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Lol !! yep I am a non-cat person who would surely have a problem with it . I had a problem just watched Sutton's son feed the dog with his fingers and then proceed to make his chicken salad sandwich with no hand washing at all. Nothing can normalize this for me. Lol !! 

Haha, same here!   I can't go from wiping down groceries, frequent hand washing/sanitizing to that these days.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3

It's so interesting to compare various HWs across all franchises/seasons to roles identified in Rosalind Wiseman's nonfiction book Queen Bees and Wannabees (the inspiration for Mean Girls):

Queen Bee (QB). The QB is charismatic, forceful, pretty and manipulative. She is popular, exudes power and is the center of attention.

Sidekick. She is second in command and closest to the QB. Her power is tied up in this relationship. The good news: When separated from the QB, she can change her behavior for the better!

Banker. This archetype creates chaos by keeping track of the “dirt.” She gains trust by dishing the details, but then uses the gained intelligence for her own benefit when the time is right. She’s hard to detect because she’s quiet, yet strategic, and almost never the subject of group quarrels.

Floater. This is the one who associates with more than one group. She is respected because she doesn’t rule by meanness, and, if needed, she will stand up to the QB.

Torn bystander. She is conflicted and constantly torn between doing the right thing and being loyal to the group. She’s often in the middle of conflict because she apologizes for the behavior of the QB and sidekick. However, she knows they’re wrong.

Pleaser/Wannabe/Messenger. Sometimes this archetype is part of the group and, other times, she’s on the outside trying to get in. She will do anything to gain acceptance from the QB and sidekick, and her motivation is to please others. Unfortunately, she sometimes gets tricked into doing the dirty work.

Target. The target is the victim and is made fun of, excluded and teased. There are upsides to being the target—she learns empathy and understanding for the underdog, and as she gets through to the other side, she gains objectivity. Unfortunately, the rejection often makes her feel helpless and ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Agreed, but it looked like everyone just sat there while Rinna was going at Sutton about imaginary slights and yelling at her to get out.   It's not enough to not bully - a real friend or even a decent person would have stood up for Sutton.

I agree, but I figured out that production is controlling the narrative and behaviors. For now, they want Sutton to be the target, with Garcelle occasionally lending support and occasionally stirring the pot.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I was just so impressed when Sutton's son said, yes please, when offered the sourdough bread. 

Yes, a nice contradiction  to some of the somewhat vacuous appearing offspring of some other housewives.  This comes from raising a child to be successful rather than simply famous.

12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Honestly, I refuse to admit to anyone outside of this board that I even watch the show.

I know, right!  On the rare occasion that I do mention it I find myself being looked at like I am undergoing reevaluation. 

2 hours ago, MyMaui said:

She's just too fake., too angry, and I think her appearance on WWHL showed what a fool and fake she was.   It's like she pulled an Erika and said I was drunk.  

I think it is reeks of desperation to maintain relevance combined with some OTT acting that seems to have been influenced by some weak community theater. 

17 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

My guess is John Mellencamp in a desperate ploy by Kyle to get Teddi back on the show.

He seems like one of the last people who would make that kind of appearance on this kind of show.   

4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

On the other hand last season I think it was Sutton who called a meeting without Erika specifically to talk about Erika and her situation.     If it wasn't for gossiping about each other these women wouldn't have anything to talk about. 

I have a guess about that. When the shit hit the fan regarding Tom I can see Sutton being concerned about how her association with Erika might land and that she might have talked to production about that.  I can totally imagine a scenario where production could have manufactured that sit-down under the guise of addressing concerns with rest of the cast.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Unfortunately I did. She did herself no favors, she was drunk and a big mess. She would not apologize for anything and everything was a big joke. She said she was trying to change. Ha!  Andy, of course, didn’t drag her like he has other house ho’s. 

Honestly, I get it. Rinna imo seems to play up her bad qualities for the sake of the show. Not so nice when you're on the receiving end of it, but you know Andy loves it. Some of the other housewives won't show up when it's uncomfortable. They give the vibe Housewives is lucky to have them, not the other way around. Some of them have cursed or snapped at Andy. Rinna's just always been grateful to be on the show and says Andy "gave them their life." 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Me neither! I love animals, but not cool with the above either. The women on the show never display the best hygiene with them. Kyle doesn't seem to care that her dogs eat off her guests' plates. I wouldn't feel comfortable eating at her house if I were one of the others, and who can forget that Vanderpump saw no issue with her dogs drinking out of champagne glasses.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Is Erika living in the pool house? We saw her last season inside the main house, but now I'm wondering if she's been booted to the pool house.

I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm thinking production is doing her dirty by only showing the back entrance of her house, which resembles a pool house.  This is the only view we have seen of it this season.  Production probably got fed up with her diva attitude (remember the screaming in the bathroom episode?)

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Is Erika living in the pool house? We saw her last season inside the main house, but now I'm wondering if she's been booted to the pool house.

I thought Erika had been living in the pool house this entire time. 😶

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Maybe her lawyers don't want her filming in the house and showing what she took from the Pasadena house? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 16

The sheer joy Lisa Rinna gets from being a bully is fairly disturbing. I'm not even talking about the stupid soap opera "I will hunt you DOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWN!" I'm talking about gnashing her teeth with glee like some hungry ogre across the table from Sutton at dinner claiming that everyone thinks she is a bitch, or scared of her and declaring how much she loves to torture Sutton. You just know if Lisa Vanderpump walked back onto the show at any given moment Rinna would instantly transform into the weaselly creature she was back when the real alpha female was on the show.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Is this a comedy show?  Either that or these stupid women DESPERATELY need stylists. Those outfits in the photo!!! They pay a fortune to look uncomfortable and ridiculous.  It’s crazy. But good for a laugh. 🤣

Is the reunion usually  filmed much later or right after the final episode? 

As I recall, it's filmed towards the end of the current season so it can be shown right after and they can all comment on each other's talking heads that they wouldn't have been aware of previously.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, film noire said:

Hey, Shitty Mess? Your life was not burned to the ground. The  person whose life burned to the ground is one of your victims (yes, those pesky victims who won't go away no matter how hard you try to erase them from history). 

Your victim's name is Joe Ruigomez.  A fireball robbed him of everything he held dear in his life; his girlfriend, his health, even his sanity, at one point. For a woman as shallow and toxic as you are, Erika, I'm sure being reduced to cheap hair extensions and sporting a face like a bitchy puffer-fish feels as horrifying as surviving the worst natural gas explosion in U.S, history, but it's not. It's a hiccup compared to what happened to Ruigomez, who needed every inch of his body rebuilt. And that's where you come in  - you and your Cunty necklace - living the high life on Ruigomez's settlement, stuffing your pit of a mouth with champagne and lunch in Paris (and Tom's dick, always willing to do anything to keep the whore-money flowing; forgive me, make that pimp-money. Sex workers earn their money honestly). Stop acting indigant and self-righteous in the face of facts. Stop playing the victim. You're not the injured party. You're the perp - the grifting, hateful perp.

And fuck your Sutton vendetta. We all know the only reason she's a "liability" to Garcelle (or, ahem, you) is that Sutton saw you for what you are - immoral, duplicitous, repugnant - and named it to the world. And then refused to back down. Just as Garcelle did tonight, when she - calmly! -  said she didn't believe your version of events. They both got your number. We've all got your number.

P.S. Hope your sham squad knows how to put together a look that says. "I've been named in a Federal racketeering lawsuit & don't my tits look fabulous?"

BRAVO! So we'll said and on point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

And I love how Garcelle mentioned had PK been Black, he wouldn't have been treated nearly as well.

Yes. Perfect example of an organic racial observation vs the "class is about to begin" approach that made the most Liberal among us want EBONI to just go away. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 14

The reason the mean girls are targeting Sutton because they know they're not interesting if they relied on their personality.  Just the talking head where Sutton explained why she doesn't have a friend with benefits was funny.  SOmething Kyle and Ericka lack (being funny).

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Did you see his descriptor the editors put on the screen?

Waylon/Landscaper

😂

I did! Editors at their best!
They need to squeeze every laugh they can get from this show these days. 🤦‍♀️

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Maybe her lawyers don't want her filming in the house and showing what she took from the Pasadena house? 

Hopefully she took the snowblower. 
And that’s a rental, no clue what’s paying the bills for it, maybe the Dom business where she beats them with hair extensions?

Taped WWHL because I’m a Maren Morris fan. Had to deal with screechy lips on there. Not enjoyable.

I made chicken salad today. First time in years. Team Sutton here. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Rinna's meltdown in the preview looked hilarious. She's totally going to milk her grief over Lois as a free pass for being a heinous bitch.

She'll do anything to get out of "owning" her shitty behavior.  Last night might've been a new low, what with the screaming at Sutton to "get the fuck out of my house" for absolutely no reason.  She's unhinged and thoroughly unpleasant.

• Applause 1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She'll do anything to get out of "owning" her shitty behavior.  Last night might've been a new low, what with the screaming at Sutton to "get the fuck out of my house" for absolutely no reason.  She's unhinged and thoroughly unpleasant.

On WWHL she confessed that she was drunk. She went on to stick her foot in her mouth by saying that the truth is often said by children and drinks. Nice defense for bad behavior.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6

Rinna doesn't know how to be a good hostess. She's a tacky shrew. I would have paid money to see Sutton ask her which was correct, yesterday at lunch or today, and was she acting this way for filming? And then saunter off home to Waylon.

• Like 3
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I agree that Sutton needs to learn how to fight back. She tries to calmly and slowly explain herself like you would with children. It gives them too much time to interrupt and derail her point. She's good in the talking heads-So wish she'd have said that soap opera line to Rinna's face.

I'm starting to legit think that Sutton is doing that on purpose, at least this season she figured it out. On reality television when they say "kill them with kindness" it usually means "I'll act passive-aggressively to you until you openly insult me so then I'll have permission to be a bitch too", and besides, if that is your plan then don't be telling anybody, act on it instead. 

Erika, Lisa, Kyle and Diana not only have gone against Sutton, they're becoming unhinged because Sutton may cry and apologize but, what's worse, she's then saying Kyle's a good friend, that she loves Lisa and that she's 95% responsible for her feud with Diana. The women must be furious because they've openly attacked her yet she's smiling to their faces the next day like nothing happened. 

I mean, objectively she WAS a bitch about Dorit's home invasion and the majority of people looked past it, no questions asked (I still think Sutton didn't or still doesn't believe it was real, hence her reaction - see? I myself am making excuses for her). 

• Applause 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My cat owns me, my cat will sit on a table or kitchen island to just hang out with me, non cat people tend to have a hard time with all the counter sitting, I think Sutton just might be able to normalize it, lol.

I can't find the post where someone suggested that there should be a show about the howives' pets. Real Pets of Beverly Hills/OC/NY etc. I would watch it in a second. 

I have had various saying around my house at different times relating to animals. A sample : a pillow that says "Never Trust Anyone Who Doesn't Like Cats"; a plaque that says "We had to get rid of the kids! The cat was allergic"; "If you don't like fur, stay off the couch"; and my personal favourite, a welcome mat that says "Pets Welcome, Children Must Be On a Leash". Luckily my hubby is as animal crazy as I am, so has no problem with my choice of decor. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, mytmo said:

Betheney's Skinny Girl margarita took off due to the reduction in calories and initially was quite tasty.  Now it tastes like kerosene in a bottle.

LVP's Rose' was built on her name and as a well known restauranteur and is tasty too.

Never saw Ramona's Pinot Grigio.  That just shows lack of marketing. 

I saw an ad a long time ago about Wines By Wives.  Who wants to buy into a subscription service with selections being made by 2 loud mouth drunk ladies?  That would be like taking drink recommendations from the drunks on the street peddling for spare change.

What is Rinna's schtick for her Rose'?  Get a free duster with every case?  Sure she has a ton after the QVC fallout.

You get a jar of HARRY HAMLIN"S tomato sauce!  BUT.....  It also comes with it's OWN THANK YOU CARD!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

I made chicken salad today. First time in years. Team Sutton here. 

She was right about the sound it was making when she was mixing it being gross.  *Shudder*

But, yes, I'm totally Team Sutton.  The FF5 aren't even being subtle about how much they're gunning for it. 

One blessing this week was no Diana.  Can she stay in quarantine the rest of the season?

• Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I thought Harry Hamlin was sober, so him commenting on his favorite wine made me confused. 

Right. I thought several season ago Rianna had said that Harry no longer drank alcohol because people in his family died from alcoholism. But i guess if there is a $ to be made on Rinna Rose well he drinks now. He was tasting the wine right? Because he gave his opinions on the wine.

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, chlban said:

So, you would be fine with a friend having accepted funds stolen from widows and orphans, through a Dummy Corporation obviously set up to Launder money? And said friend has spent several years telling you how smart and savvy she is? AND Said friend has zero empathy for the Victims going so far as to cast doubt on whether their claims are legitimate? Um, K. I would be grilling and if I got the reaction I have seen from Erika, I would be cutting all but the most superficial ties. And, obviously, I am not on TV.

And said friend fights tooth and nail not to relinquish millions of dollars in goodies that were bought for her with stolen funds. She doesn't care one iota that the victims are entitled to the money that went to buy her jewelry and support her life style. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

I think the mystery performer is Melissa Etheridge.

The person in the shadows has long hair so not Boy George, not Elton John, as if he would show up for this, and not John Mellencamp. I think you are correct.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, JD5166 said:

What the hell does Kyle’s kid have to do with that wine? I am here for Sutton and Garcelle and their well behaved, responsible children who don’t rely on their gross parents to get them a free ride on tv. 

I am quoting myself because I really thought that wine girl was one of Kyle’s daughters. Lol I half assed with this horrible show and try to watch a second time so I can enjoy watch what crappens....the ONLY reason I continue to watch is to listen to that podcast. I’ve even considered watching other bravo crap shows I would never dream of so I can listen to more of Ronnie and Ben! ❤️

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't get why Rinna was raging at Sutton about not talking about Harry and her kids. When has Sutton ever done that? 

She mistook Sutton for Kim Richards.

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I can't find the post where someone suggested that there should be a show about the howives' pets. Real Pets of Beverly Hills/OC/NY etc. I would watch it in a second. 

I have had various saying around my house at different times relating to animals. A sample : a pillow that says "Never Trust Anyone Who Doesn't Like Cats"; a plaque that says "We had to get rid of the kids! The cat was allergic"; "If you don't like fur, stay off the couch"; and my personal favourite, a welcome mat that says "Pets Welcome, Children Must Be On a Leash". Luckily my hubby is as animal crazy as I am, so has no problem with my choice of decor. 🤣

I've had all sorts of pets, but in the end, turned Cat Lady. 😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I am quoting myself because I really thought that wine girl was one of Kyle’s daughters. Lol I half assed with this horrible show and try to watch a second time so I can enjoy watch what crappens....the ONLY reason I continue to watch is to listen to that podcast. I’ve even considered watching other bravo crap shows I would never dream of so I can listen to more of Ronnie and Ben! ❤️

I've never wanted to befriend strangers so badly. Those guys give me life!

7 hours ago, Mar said:

Erika, how difficult would it be to say “sex is great” instead of “dick is great”?

I’m certainly not of the young generation, but I really find that incredibly vulgar.

I'm not a youngster, but I am a generation younger than Erika. I find her language vulgar too. It would be one thing if she occasionally said naughty things to get a laugh, but she talks like that nonstop. People around my age and younger do curse a lot, but there's still a difference between things like "fuck it" and "dick is great."

• Applause 2
  • Love 11

I can’t take Sutton’s chicken salad seriously if it’s not mixed by hand. Where’s Kim when you need her?

12 hours ago, rlc said:

For those calling the FF5 a genuine friendship, I think it is more appropriate to call them a murder of crows than a genuine friendship. 

But even crows have logic, emotion, and loyalty…

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5